PDA

View Full Version : Which Active players do you think end being top 10 for their positions?

Hellcrooner
09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
THat, wich acitive pg, sg, sf, pf and Centers do end up being top ten in historu for their positions.

Imo.

Centers : Shaq,

PF .: Ducac, Kg, Pau , Dirk.

Sf.: Lebro, Durant.

Sg: Kobe, Wade

Pg: Kidd.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-16-2010, 05:50 PM
PG: Kidd
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron, Durant (in 20 years)
PF: Duncan, Dirk, Garnett
C: Shaq, maybe Howard

alencp3
09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
PG:Kidd,Paul,Wall
SG:Kobe,Wade
SF:Bron,Durant
PF:Timmy,KG,Dirk and Blake Griffin
C:Shaq,not sure about Dwight

Im not kidding about Wall and Griffin wait and see

TheTakeOver24
09-16-2010, 05:59 PM
pg: kidd, nash
sg: kobe, wade
sf: lebron
pf: Tim Duncan, KG, Nowitzki
c: Shaq, Dwight Howard

J_M_B
09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James, Kevin Durant (10 years)
PF: Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki
C: Shaquille O'Neal

WadeKobe
09-16-2010, 06:06 PM
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James, Kevin Durant
PF - Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitski
C - Shaquille O'Neal

jackdawson
SG: Kobe

Please, explain why Wade is not there. I know it's your personal opinion but I would love to see your reasoning and names of 10 SG's that you think will finish ahead of Wade when Wade's career is over.

WadeKobe
SG: Kobe [no Wade]

:facepalm:

jackdawson
09-16-2010, 06:08 PM
PG: Nash, Kidd
SG: Wade, Kobe
SF: LeBron, Durant
PF: Duncan, KG, Dirk
C: Shaq

Ray_R
09-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Ducac is #1 PF

WadeKobe
09-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Ducac is #1 PF

This. KG is #2.

WadeKobe
09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
PG: Nash, Kidd
SG: Wade, Kobe
PF: Duncan, KG, Dirk

Nash is an insanely good offensive threat and an amazing distributor/facilitator. No doubt.

But no way is he top 10 when he's such a liability defensively. I'm not sure I've got 10 names in my head... but it just can't be. You gotta be able to man up.

I get the pick, like, I do, I get it. But defense is what makes a player great.

Ovratd1up
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
If Chris Paul can get back to form then him.

gsgs49
09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
PG: Kidd,cp3,Nash
SG: Bryant,Wade,VC
SF: Lebron,Durant,Melo,Pierce
PF: Duncan,Dirk,KG
C: Shaq,Dwight

TheTakeOver24
09-16-2010, 06:26 PM

:confused::confused:

Ebbs
09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Kidd, Nash
Kobe, Wade
Lebron, (no not durant he had 1 season of MVP worthy discussion!)
Duncan, Dirk, KG, maybe Pau
Shaq, maybe Dwight

WadeKobe
09-16-2010, 06:39 PM

:confused:

You are going to have to explain those.

I'm not a fan of CP3 or Melo being in the conversation, but I can imagine an argument being made (I would disagree).

But VC, Pierce, and Dwight?

Look, Dwight is a great ball-player but no way he makes top 10 Centers. He isn't even top 10 Defensive centers... and that's his strength!

Shaq
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Robinson
Ewing
Hakeem
Mikan
Malone
Reed
Walton
Mourning

That's just off of the top of my head, and they're all better than Howard. No way Howard cracks top 10 Centers. Don't get me wrong, the boy is good, but no way top 10. Too much talent at this position.

What?
09-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Can't believe some of you are leaving off CP3 he could end up being the best pg of all time

John Walls Era
09-16-2010, 09:39 PM

:punish

TO Rapz
09-16-2010, 09:51 PM

only 8 posts...i ll give you a break.

_KB24_
09-16-2010, 10:01 PM
PG: Kidd, Nash, Paul
SG: Kobe, Wade
SF: Durant, Bron
PF: Dirk, Garnett, and Duncan (Pau is borderline)
C: Shaq, Dwight

BillyHoyle35
09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
if people say paul, then deron williams must be a chance, since there is not between the two at all.

Geargo Wallace
09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Tim Duncan will go down as the greatest PF of all time. KG will probably end up #3 or 4. I have Malone ahead of him. Barkley is up there too.

Hellcrooner
09-16-2010, 10:24 PM
the list of Power forwads

HAS to have Dunca, Kg, mALONE, Barkley, Mchale, THurmond and Cowens.

Both Pau And Dirk i think can enter the discussion with the likes of Lucas, Chambers, Nance, Mcginnis,Debuscherre, Oakley ,Buck Williams for Two out of the 3 remaining spots.

And i indeed think they are worhty of it

VinceCarter
09-16-2010, 10:28 PM
THat, wich acitive pg, sg, sf, pf and Centers do end up being top ten in historu for their positions.

Imo.

Centers : Shaq,

PF .: Ducac, Kg, Pau , Dirk.

Sf.: Lebro, Durant.

Sg: Kobe, Wade

Pg: Kidd.

DAMN!! Is Pau that overrated now??

Hellcrooner
09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
DAMN!! Is Pau that overrated now??

read the list of competitiors -

VinceCarter
09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
:punish

You bold VC and Dwight but not Pierce? :facepalm:

albertc86
09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Pau nor Dirk make the cut, imo. I'm a Laker homer but Pau hasn't done it long enough and Dirk couldn't finish the Heat in the finals despite being up.

John Walls Era
09-16-2010, 11:39 PM
You bold VC and Dwight but not Pierce? :facepalm:

Pierce is at least going to be a HOF. Dwight might be one, but hes one dimensional on offense.

NJBASEBALL22
09-16-2010, 11:47 PM
PG- Kidd, CP3, Nash
SG- Kobe, Wade
SF- LBJ, Durant
PF- Duncan, KG
C- Shaq

AntiG
09-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Lol @ VC...

Korman12
09-17-2010, 12:40 AM
PG: Kidd, Nash
PF: Duncan, Garnett, Dirk

masTOR_shake1
09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
not pau gasol

aussie
09-17-2010, 12:46 AM
PG: CP3, Mustafa Shakur
SG: Marcus Thornton, Marco Belinelli
SF: Trevor Ariza, Quincy Pondexter, Peja Stojakovic
PF: David West, Craig Brackins
C: Emeka Okafor, Aaron Gray

Livefrom21Five
09-17-2010, 01:10 AM
PG-Kidd, Nash
SG- Kobe, AI (if he's not considered being retired) and Wade
SF-Pierce(hate him, but the Truth can ball), Lebron, and Durant(If he continues at this pace)
PF- Duncan, KG, Dirk,
C- Shaq
Dark Horse is Brandon Roy, Can ball something ridiculous. Does everything well on the court, defense, handle, scoring, and is clutch, just ridiculously under appreciated cause he plays for Portland and doesn't get the air time.

_KB24_
09-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Yes, how could I forget AI. He cracks my Top 5.

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 01:39 AM
PG-Kidd, Nash
SG- Kobe, AI (if he's not considered being retired) and Wade
SF-Pierce(hate him, but the Truth can ball), Lebron, and Durant(If he continues at this pace)
PF- Duncan, KG, Dirk,
C- Shaq
Dark Horse is Brandon Roy, Can ball something ridiculous. Does everything well on the court, defense, handle, scoring, and is clutch, just ridiculously under appreciated cause he plays for Portland and doesn't get the air time.

I love the guy to death, and this article (http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=1790) makes an argument for him in the top 10, I'm just not sure I have room...

Baylor
Worthy
Havlichek
Bird
Pippen
Dantley
Erving
Barry
Durant
James
Melo

I think all of those guys have to go above Pierce. I definitely think Pierce goes in the top 15, but I struggle putting him in top 10.

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, how could I forget AI. He cracks my Top 5.

I was considering him retired. If he's still in play, I'd give him top 10. I don't know about top 5, though. Wade will push him out of that conversation.

Jordan
Wade
Bryant
Gervin
West

Iverson might be six, but there are some other names. He's definitely top 10, though.

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Nash's name keeps coming up...

would you all really put him over one of these...

Oscar
Magic
Kidd
Stockton
Payton
KJ
Isaiah Thomas
W. Frazier
Cousy
Cheeks

tredigs
09-17-2010, 01:57 AM
PG: Kidd + Nash (VERY arguably the greatest shooter of all time, and one of the best passers as well. YES, he is there) are there already (Cp3 took a hit with a terrible b-ball injury to get last year)

SG: Kobe is already there, Wade will be soon as well (IMO he is better than Kobe, just needs more of the showcase... which he now has)

SF: Lebron is already there, and Durant has shown all the signs.

PF: Duncan (#1) Garnett and Nowitzki are there, w/ Pau having an outside chance, along with Bosh as well (weird to hear now, but depending on how many championships Miami wins + how big his impact is, this could be a reality).

C: Shaq (top 5). Dwight having an outside chance if he can secure a couple more DPOY awards and carry a team of his back to the finals + make some noise there (win it???).

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 02:17 AM
PG: Kidd + Nash (VERY arguably the greatest shooter of all time, and one of the best passers as well. YES, he is there) are there already (Cp3 took a hit with a terrible b-ball injury to get last year)

SG: Kobe is already there, Wade will be soon as well (IMO he is better than Kobe, just needs more of the showcase... which he now has)

SF: Lebron is already there, and Durant has shown all the signs.

PF: Duncan (#1) Garnett and Nowitzki are there, w/ Pau having an outside chance, along with Bosh as well (weird to hear now, but depending on how many championships Miami wins + how big his impact is, this could be a reality).

C: Shaq (top 5). Dwight having an outside chance if he can secure a couple more DPOY awards and carry a team of his back to the finals + make some noise there (win it???).

I'm still intrigued by this. Really? I listed all of those names in my previous post about Dwight, and if DPOY and Finals Appearances matter... Ben Wallace won 4 DPOY and limited Shaq on their way to winning an NBA Finals against Shaq's Lakers.

I just can't see it even being possible.

abe_froman
09-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Nash's name keeps coming up...

would you all really put him over one of these...

Oscar
Magic
Kidd
Stockton
Payton
KJ
Isaiah Thomas
W. Frazier
Cousy
Cheeks
yes,def.i dont think nash gets the recognition he deserves,for whatever reason,but he really has been amazing if you look over it.

BRADfromOZ
09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
PG Kidd, (maybe) CP3
SG Kobe, (maybe) Wade
SF LeBron, (maybe) Durant
PF Duncan, KG
C Shaq, (maybe) Howard

LTBaByyy
09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
The people saying not Nash are crazy, 2 MVP's enough said.

i have Nash as 6-8 best pg all time

More-Than-Most
09-17-2010, 03:20 AM
The people saying not Nash are crazy, 2 MVP's enough said.

i have Nash as 6-8 best pg all time

I have Nash up there as well but I don't care for the mvps. Most people are talking of his defense and yes its bad but he will step up and take the hard foul at key times in games... That being said the things he does from the offensive end are better than anybody in the league at that position. He is one of the best shooters in the league from anywhere and he has great vision and probably the best ball skills. Nash is great and like wine he gets better with age. He is not the product of superstar players... superstar players are the product of Nash and that has been proven by everyone except Joe Johnson. When you leave Nash your offensive game declines.

Htownballa1622
09-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Can't believe some of you are leaving off CP3 he could end up being the best pg of all time

I guess you said COULD but I doubt it.i like deron williams as the best pg in todays game anyway.regardless if cp3 is injured.

blams
09-17-2010, 04:12 AM
LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Maybe Wade, Kidd (unfortunately), Chris Paul, Shaq

jackdawson
09-17-2010, 05:14 AM
CP3 can really go down as the GOAT pg of all time IF he stays healthy over next 10 years . It might seem unlikely now but he definitely has a shot at it (Of-course there are a lot of Ifs such as he has to win rings and maintain statistical dominance while being healthy).

Venomous88
09-17-2010, 07:58 AM
I can see some Mavs fans are still butthurt and lmfao at everywhere filling in imaginary players for their Top 10 just to omit players they don't really follow. I'm going to list the top players of each position updated with active players I think will land in there.

Point Guard

1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. John Stockton
4. Jerry West
5. Bob Cousy
6. Chris Paul
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Walt Frazier
9. Jason Kidd
10. Nate Archibald

I expect Chris Paul to finish behind Jason Kidd in All Time Assists and a championship or two in the latter of his career.

Shooting Guard

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Allen Iverson
5. George Gervin
6. Clyde Drexler
7. Reggie Miller
8. Sam Jones
9. Bill Sharman
10. Brandon Roy/Ray Allen

I put Brandon Roy in the top 10, because I can see him reaching the Finals/WCF a few times with his young team after the inevitable Lakers' decline, and Brandon Roy will have a pretty high career PPG average relative to his position. And if that doesn't happen, then you of course have Ray Allen who is one of the best shooters in the game and has a ring.

Small Forward

1.LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Larry Bird
4. Julius Erving
5. Rick Barry
6. Elgin Baylor
7. John Havlicek
8. James Worthy
9. Scottie Pippen
10. Dominique Wilkins

Power Forward

1. Tim Duncan
2. Karl Malone
3. Kevin McHale
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Charles Barkley
6. Elvin Hayes
7. Bob Pettit
8. Willis Reed
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Chris Bosh

Now I know Lakers fans are going to be mad I put Bosh in over Gasol, but I have few reasons I see Bosh having a better career. When you look at their careers respectively, Bosh has been a better scorer and better rebounder. I also see Bosh getting more rings (4) and being a vital part of the team and as his game matures, he still has potential to be a better defender than he has been. Don't get me wrong, Gasol is a better PF now, but Bosh, only 26, still has a great possibility of being the better PF over time.

Center

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russel
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. Moses Malone
7. Bill Walton
8. Patrick Ewing
9. David Robinson
10. Robert Parish

For active players

PG: Chris Paul (5), Jason Kidd (9)
SG: Kobe Bryant (2), Dwyane Wade (3), Allen Iverson (5), Brandon Roy/Ray Allen (10)
SF: LeBron James (1), Kevin Durant (2), Paul Pierce (9)
PF: Tim Duncan (1), Kevin Garnett (4), Dirk Nowitzki (9), Chris Bosh (10)
C: Shaquille O'Neal (4)

As history shows, the better players of the league played mostly at the PG and C position until the 90s. This makes it much harder for players at those positions to crack the Top 10 like Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams.

TylerSL
09-17-2010, 08:11 AM
PG-Kidd,Nash, if they can maybe win some titles and stuff then CP3 and D-Will
SG-Wade,Kobe
SF-Lebron
PF-Duncan,KG,Gasol,Dirk
C-Shaq

I may get crap for this but I think if Oden can play healthy for the rest of his career, he will definetly be on this list

bctgg27
09-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Nash is an insanely good offensive threat and an amazing distributor/facilitator. No doubt.

But no way is he top 10 when he's such a liability defensively. I'm not sure I've got 10 names in my head... but it just can't be. You gotta be able to man up.

I completely agree. Well said.

bctgg27
09-17-2010, 08:33 AM
LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Maybe Wade, Kidd (unfortunately), Chris Paul, Shaq

Why would you say unfortunately? You need to explain that.

kdspurman
09-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I can see some Mavs fans are still butthurt and lmfao at everywhere filling in imaginary players for their Top 10 just to omit players they don't really follow. I'm going to list the top players of each position updated with active players I think will land in there.

Point Guard

1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. John Stockton
4. Jerry West
5. Bob Cousy
6. Chris Paul
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Walt Frazier
9. Jason Kidd
10. Nate Archibald

I expect Chris Paul to finish behind Jason Kidd in All Time Assists and a championship or two in the latter of his career.

Shooting Guard

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Julius Erving
5. Allen Iverson
6. George Gervin
7. Clyde Drexler
8. Sam Jones
9. Bill Sharman

I put Brandon Roy in the top 10, because I can see him reaching the Finals/WCF a few times with his young team after the inevitable Lakers' decline, and Brandon Roy will have a pretty high career PPG average relative to his position. And if that doesn't happen, then you of course have Ray Allen who is one of the best shooters in the game and has a ring.

Small Forward

1.LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Larry Bird
4. Rick Barry
5. Elgin Baylor
6. John Havlicek
7. James Worthy
8. Scottie Pippen
9. Paul Pierce
10. Paul Arizin

Power Forward

1. Tim Duncan
2. Karl Malone
3. Kevin McHale
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Charles Barkley
6. Elvin Hayes
7. Bob Pettit
8. Willis Reed
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Chris Bosh

Now I know Lakers fans are going to be mad I put Bosh in over Gasol, but I have few reasons I see Bosh having a better career. When you look at their careers respectively, Bosh has been a better scorer and better rebounder. I also see Bosh getting more rings (4) and being a vital part of the team and as his game matures, he still has potential to be a better defender than he has been. Don't get me wrong, Gasol is a better PF now, but Bosh, only 26, still has a great possibility of being the better PF over time.

Center

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russel
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. Moses Malone
7. Robert Parish
8. Bill Walton
9. Patrick Ewing
10. David Robinson

For active players

SG: Kobe Bryant (2), Dwyane Wade (3), Allen Iverson (5), Brandon Roy/Ray Allen (10)

As history shows, the better players of the league played mostly at the PG and C position until the 90s. This makes it much harder for players at those positions to crack the Top 10 like Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and Deron Williams.

Pretty good list. I don't quite buy into Lebron being #1 SF and Durant #2. (This is in order right?) I would have Bird 1 for sure, and I think an argument can be made for Dominique Wilkins.

Hellcrooner
09-17-2010, 08:42 AM

Point Guard

1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. John Stockton
4. Jerry West
5. Bob Cousy
6. Chris Paul
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Walt Frazier
9. Jason Kidd
10. Nate Archibald

Shooting Guard

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Julius Erving
5. Allen Iverson
6. George Gervin
7. Clyde Drexler
8. Sam Jones
9. Bill Sharman

Small Forward

1.LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Larry Bird
4. Rick Barry
5. Elgin Baylor
6. John Havlicek
7. James Worthy
8. Scottie Pippen
9. Paul Pierce
10. Paul Arizin

Power Forward

1. Tim Duncan
2. Karl Malone
3. Kevin McHale
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Charles Barkley
6. Elvin Hayes
7. Bob Pettit
8. Willis Reed
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Chris Bosh

Center

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russel
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. Moses Malone
7. Robert Parish
8. Bill Walton
9. Patrick Ewing
10. David Robinson

For active players

Dude, WIllis reed and Bob Pettit are CENTERS So Pau IS indeed in the top ten when all is said ad ndone

Iggz53
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
PG: Kidd, CP3
PF: Duncan, KG, Nowitzki

Venomous88
09-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Dude, WIllis reed and Bob Pettit are CENTERS So Pau IS indeed in the top ten when all is said ad ndoneThey played both positions and they're the size of PFs. It's like David Lee and Tim Duncan on their teams having to move back and forth because of the lack of a true center on their team. Plus, they were better than other Power Forwards today and there wasn't much space on the list of centers.

As for Pau, don't be a homer.

Htownballa1622
09-17-2010, 09:03 AM
CP3 can really go down as the GOAT pg of all time IF he stays healthy over next 10 years . It might seem unlikely now but he definitely has a shot at it (Of-course there are a lot of Ifs such as he has to win rings and maintain statistical dominance while being healthy).

Ok I agree he can be top ten all time maybe..but youre saying he could go down better than magic? I'm sorry but I don't think he'll be better than magicwhen its all said and done.

Venomous88
09-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Pretty good list. I don't quite buy into Lebron being #1 SF and Durant #2. (This is in order right?) I would have Bird 1 for sure, and I think an argument can be made for Dominique Wilkins.Aww I told myself not forget Dominique. Yeah I put him behind Pierce, but he's definitely in the top 10.

The reason I see LeBron at number one is because he still has the chance to win a few more MVPs, 3-5 rings, 3-5 Finals MVP, and averaging near a triple double. Not to forget the fact that he has the highest PPG average of active players and 3rd overall, although that will of course decrease.

For Durant, at 21, he's already the youngest to be the scoring champ last season, and is on pace to be 2nd, behind Kareem, on the all time scoring list. Not to mention that his team has a bright future ahead of them and he has a great chance of winning a ring. Durant has the brightest future of anyone in the league at this time.

NJBASEBALL22
09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
My Top 10 at each position:

PG-
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. West
4. Isiah Thomas
5. Cousy
6. Kidd
7. Stockton
8. GP
9. CP3
10. Nash

SG-
1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Drexler
5. Gervin
6. AI
7. TMac I still think he was one of the best despite a short and injury plagued career
8. Reggie Miller
9. Monroe
10. Dumars

SF-
1. LBJ I hate his personality but respect his game. He has all of the tools.
2. Bird
3. Dr. J
4. Baylor
5. Durant
6. Havelceck
7. Pippen
8. Barry
9. Worthy
10. Nique

PF-
1. Duncan
2. Barkley
3. KG
4. Malone
5. McHale
6. Hayes
7. Pettit
8. Debushchrer
9. Rodman
10. Nowitski

C-
1. Russel
2. Shaq
3. Chamberlain
4. Jabbar
5. Hakeem
6. Moses
7. Robinson
8. Reed
9. Ewing
10. Walton

So I guess my list would be:
Kidd, Nash, CP3
Kobe, Wade, AI, Tmac
LBK, KD
Duncan, KJ, Nowitski
Shaq.

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Why would you say unfortunately? You need to explain that.

Because he is a wife-beater. lol.

WadeKobe
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Top 10

Point Guards

1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Kidd
4) Robertson
5) Thomas
6) Cousy
7) KJ
8) Frazier
9) Archibald
10) Payton/Cheeks (CP3 IF he stays healthy)

Shooting Guards

1) Michael Jordan
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Kobe Bryant
4) Jerry West
5) George Gervin
6) Allen Iverson
7) Clyde Drexler
8) "Pistol" Pete Maravich
9) Earl Monroe
10) Joe Dumars

Small Forward

1) LeBron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Rick Barry
4) Havelecheck
5) Kevin Durant
6) Elgin Baylor
7) Dr. J
8) Scottie Pippen
9) James Worthy
10)Nique Wilkins

Power Forwards

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Bob Pettit
4) Elvin Hayes
5) Karl Malone
6) Kevin McHale
7) Charles Barkley
8) Debushcher
9) Dennis Rodman
10) Dirk Nowitski

Centers

1) Shaquille O'Neal
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Bill Russell
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5) Hakeem Olajuwon
6) Moses Malone
7) George Mikan
8) David Robinson
9) Willis Reed
10) Bill Walton

Ewing
Mourning
Parish

Absolutely no chance that Dwight cracks top 10. Zero chance. It is the most stacked position in NBA History. Dwight will be great, but being a top 15-20 Center equals absolute greatness. The position is just stacked.

kdspurman
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Aww I told myself not forget Dominique. Yeah I put him behind Pierce, but he's definitely in the top 10.

The reason I see LeBron at number one is because he still has the chance to win a few more MVPs, 3-5 rings, 3-5 Finals MVP, and averaging near a triple double. Not to forget the fact that he has the highest PPG average of active players and 3rd overall, although that will of course decrease.

For Durant, at 21, he's already the youngest to be the scoring champ last season, and is on pace to be 2nd, behind Kareem, on the all time scoring list. Not to mention that his team has a bright future ahead of them and he has a great chance of winning a ring. Durant has the brightest future of anyone in the league at this time.

I hear you. i think sometimes it's easy to almost forget how great the guys who played before the current superstars were. Pippen was great and could be higher, obviously Bird is a legend. Will LeBron end up #1? possibly. But who knows what the future holds. God forbid he has a career ending injury (although with his physique thats not likely.... pause.) But If i had to pick a #1 SF today of all time, it wouldnt be him IMO. I'd have Dr. J, Bird, and Elgin Baylor top 3. (not that order.) But 10 years from now that could change and probably will.

They've been showing some old all star games on NBA TV (right now theyre showing the 1992 asg) and I'm more impressed with these than the last few all star games. Now its all about Crossovers, isolations, and alley oops. These guys did it all, amazing layups/hangtime, passes, defense (saw david robinson play 1 on 1 def on Isiah Thomas and stole it from him.. Impressive) and dunks too. It's easy to get caught up with the here and now and think the players of today are the best, but I would not be so quick to believe that just yet.

_KB24_
09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I was considering him retired. If he's still in play, I'd give him top 10. I don't know about top 5, though. Wade will push him out of that conversation.

Jordan
Wade
Bryant
Gervin
West

Iverson might be six, but there are some other names. He's definitely top 10, though.

Iverson is the "pound-for-pound" best scorer this league has seen, he is number 4 on my list right now behind Jordan, Kobe, and West.

Wade will have to do a HECK OF A LOT to reach Kobe's level, let alone Jerry West. Their are numerous accolades Wade won't be able to touch that belong to Kobe. He cracks my top 10 barely

Jordan
Kobe
West
Iverson
Gervin
Clyde
Reggie
Monroe
Pistol Pete
Wade/Dumars

WadeKobe
09-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Iverson is the "pound-for-pound" best scorer this league has seen, he is number 4 on my list right now behind Jordan, Kobe, and West.

Wade will have to do a HECK OF A LOT to reach Kobe's level, let alone Jerry West. Their are numerous accolades Wade won't be able to touch that belong to Kobe. He cracks my top 10 barely

Jordan
Kobe
West
Iverson
Gervin
Clyde
Reggie
Monroe
Pistol Pete
Wade/Dumars

What type of accolades would he need?

4 more rings

1 MVP

1 more Finals MVP

then the only thing he'll be lacking is Defensive First Teams... but his offensive stats will make up for it. I put them where I see them falling after it's all done.

4 more championships in 10 more years is not hard to believe. Not to mention 6 of those years will be beside LeBron/Bosh. Also, Wade could possibly win a DPOY over the next few years (placed third in voting last year) which is something Kobe has never accomplished.

So, I really don't think Wade has far to go at all.

I simply don't understand how you could place Drexler, Reggie, Monroe, Iverson over him. What have they accomplished that Wade hasn't?

None of them have ever won a Finals MVP. Only Monroe and Drexler have won a Finals. Wade has already more than Monroe in NBA 1st-Team selections.

Wade has already had a better career than any of those 4 have. The only thing any of them have is Iverson was a better scorer, but that's all.

So, I'm down with someone saying West and Kobe will be better. That's a fair argument. To say he has "a heck of a lot" to do isn't really true if you look at it. However, if you're going to use the criteria you did for Kobe/West then you have to conclude that Wade is better than the other guys you listed.

I could also accept Gervin being better, but I don't think that stands up to the test either.

Just asking for consistency, that's all.

rockets-fan
09-19-2010, 03:22 AM
My Top 10 at each position:

PG-
1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. West
4. Isiah Thomas
5. Cousy
6. Kidd
7. Stockton
8. GP
9. CP3
10. Nash

SG-
1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Drexler
5. Gervin
6. AI
7. TMac I still think he was one of the best despite a short and injury plagued career
8. Reggie Miller
9. Monroe
10. Dumars

SF-
1. LBJ I hate his personality but respect his game. He has all of the tools.
2. Bird
3. Dr. J
4. Baylor
5. Durant
6. Havelceck
7. Pippen
8. Barry
9. Worthy
10. Nique

PF-
1. Duncan
2. Barkley
3. KG
4. Malone
5. McHale
6. Hayes
7. Pettit
8. Debushchrer
9. Rodman
10. Nowitski

C-
1. Russel
2. Shaq
3. Chamberlain
4. Jabbar
5. Hakeem
6. Moses
7. Robinson
8. Reed
9. Ewing
10. Walton

So I guess my list would be:
Kidd, Nash, CP3
Kobe, Wade, AI, Tmac
LBK, KD
Duncan, KJ, Nowitski
Shaq.

tmac? talent wise yes...he was one of the best ever....accomplishment wise no...depends on how you define greatness

Khalifa21
09-19-2010, 06:43 AM
PG: Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade
SF: LeBron James, Kevin Durant
PF: Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 07:12 AM
PG - Kidd
SG - Kobe
SF - Lebron, Durant
PF - Duncan, KG - I would put dirk in but he lacks defense.
C - Shaq

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Top 10

Point Guards

1) Magic
2) Stockton
3) Kidd
4) Robertson
5) Thomas
6) Cousy
7) KJ
8) Frazier
9) Archibald
10) Payton/Cheeks (CP3 IF he stays healthy)

Shooting Guards

1) Michael Jordan
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Kobe Bryant
4) Jerry West
5) George Gervin
6) Allen Iverson
7) Clyde Drexler
8) "Pistol" Pete Maravich
9) Earl Monroe
10) Joe Dumars

Small Forward

1) LeBron James
2) Larry Bird
3) Rick Barry
4) Havelecheck
5) Kevin Durant
6) Elgin Baylor
7) Dr. J
8) Scottie Pippen
9) James Worthy
10)Nique Wilkins

Power Forwards

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Bob Pettit
4) Elvin Hayes
5) Karl Malone
6) Kevin McHale
7) Charles Barkley
8) Debushcher
9) Dennis Rodman
10) Dirk Nowitski

Centers

1) Shaquille O'Neal
2) Wilt Chamberlain
3) Bill Russell
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5) Hakeem Olajuwon
6) Moses Malone
7) George Mikan
8) David Robinson
9) Willis Reed
10) Bill Walton

Ewing
Mourning
Parish

Absolutely no chance that Dwight cracks top 10. Zero chance. It is the most stacked position in NBA History. Dwight will be great, but being a top 15-20 Center equals absolute greatness. The position is just stacked.

I can see this in your name. But as much of a player Wade is, dont get me wrong he is terrific. Kobe is unreal though, and no im not a "Miami H8er". You've seen his basketball, countless buzzer beaters and one of the best mid range jumpers ever to play the game, and some would say unguardable (Kobe and Lebron). Im not yet convinced Wade is better than Kobe.

WadeKobe
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM
I can see this in your name. But as much of a player Wade is, dont get me wrong he is terrific. Kobe is unreal though, and no im not a "Miami H8er". You've seen his basketball, countless buzzer beaters and one of the best mid range jumpers ever to play the game, and some would say unguardable (Kobe and Lebron). Im not yet convinced Wade is better than Kobe.

I just want to point out that I'm placing them where they will be when their careers are over, not where they are now. I agree that right now Kobe is #2 and Wade is down near the bottom of top 10.

Just wanted to clarify for everyone. Thanks.

J-Relo
09-19-2010, 10:57 AM

This. KG is #2.

MALONE

WadeKobe
09-19-2010, 11:24 AM

MALONE

Malone was great, but when it's all said and done I think that KG will have the better resume. Kevin Garnett was more dominant in his prime than Malone and was more of an all-around offensive threat and was much better defensively.

However, I do think I sold Malone short in my original rankings. He really should be #3 ahead of Pettit and Hayes. Thank you.

llemon
09-19-2010, 11:39 AM

So how does Dirk Make it?

DenButsu
09-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Top 10 by what measure?

WadeKobe
09-19-2010, 11:50 AM
So how does Dirk Make it?

Because the list of great Power Forwards is much, much smaller than the list of great Point Guards. Not to mention, Dirk really worked on his defense and improved over the course of his career. Nash hasn't really.

llemon
09-19-2010, 11:51 AM
the list of Power forwads

HAS to have Dunca, Kg, mALONE, Barkley, Mchale, THurmond and Cowens.

Neither Thurmond nor Cowens should be considered PFs.

TehSamurai
09-19-2010, 12:33 PM
if people say paul, then deron williams must be a chance, since there is not between the two at all.

Well, except for Paul being better than Williams at damn near everything.

FlakeyFool
09-19-2010, 12:57 PM
yeah...the two time MVP shouldn't be considered a top 10 PG of all time :facepalm:

Hustlenomics
09-19-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah...the two time MVP shouldn't be considered a top 10 PG of all time :facepalm:

magic johnson
isiah thomas
oscar robertson
john stockton
walt frazier
jason kidd
chris paul
bob cousy
gary payton
nate archibald

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Well, except for Paul being better than Williams at damn near everything.

What's everything? Numbers? Because I know deron can shoot better and finish better.paul can pass better going by numbers. Deron is bigger and has been more healthy...id rather have deron.sure cp3 probably has more steals but dwill can guard bigger players.records should go into account and the jazz consistently are a good team.if you say paul them you have to consider dwill.that's my argument. deron could end up one of the greats if cp3 is being considered.