PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers , clear favorites to win the championship in 2011?

dnewguy
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
The fun has all but ended in L.A, hardly do people mention the Lakers this off-season. The Bulls, Thunder and Heat seem to be the new show in town, which brings me to the question: Will the Lakers win the 2011 championship?

I know most people will say they're the favorite simply because they won the last one, but if that's not part of the consideration, would you still pick them to win it all?

In short, do the Lakers have the best team going into the season?

kArSoN RyDaH
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
yes, they still have the most complete team in the NBA. kobe bryant and pau gasol took this offseason off to rest. a well needed rest for kobe bryant and surgery on his knee. the lakers will be healthy next year. they have the deepest team in the nba. and they have the chemistry.

Hawkeye15
09-16-2010, 03:27 PM
yep. They got stronger, and until someone knocks them off, they should be considered favorites entering the season

GodsSon
09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
I think so, yes...They already had the best 6 man rotation in the league last year and their lone weak spot (their bench) was significantly bolstered by adding Barnes and Blake; as well as two talented rookies in Caracter and Ebanks and a shot-blocking 5 in Ratliff.

I will say this though, as much as I think he is vastly over-rated, their success will depend on Bynum's knee. IF he is healthy they will win their 3rd straight title, as the length that him and Gasol (and Odom off the bench) provide can not be matched by another team.

I'm looking forward to a potential title match-up with Miami with Kobe coming on top as the victor...that would be sweet

JordansBulls
09-16-2010, 03:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-NBAChamps

1. LA Lakers - 52 votes
2. Miami Heat - 34 votes
3. Orlando Magic - 5 votes
4. Boston Celtics - 1 vote
5. Oklahoma City - 1 vote

dnewguy
09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-NBAChamps

1. LA Lakers - 52 votes
2. Miami Heat - 34 votes
3. Orlando Magic - 5 votes
4. Boston Celtics - 1 vote
5. Oklahoma City - 1 vote

LOL @ this dude, so predictable. Seems like you spend so much time in school because you love "sources" so much.

J_M_B
09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, I think so..

They got even stronger for this up coming season. Kobe still has a few years at the elite level and got some much needed rest this off season. The key core returns intacted for another title run. The Lakers did a good job at getting rid of the garbage and bringing in some talent.

They'll win this season to complete the 3-peat, but with this current core another year older, they won't be on top for long. Miami will be the heavy favorites for years to come.

J_M_B
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
LOL @ this dude, so predictable. Seems like you spend so much time in school because you love "sources" so much.

uhh.. all JB did was share some information that goes, hand and hand, with this thread.

What's wrong with that?

Chacarron
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I would say yes. We improved the bench which was our main weakness last year.

dnewguy
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Lakers

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Shannon Brown
Steve Blake
Matt Barnes
Theo Ratliff
Sasha Vujacic
Lamar Odom

Heat

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony

Mike Miller
Eddie House
Arroyo Carlos
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
Illugauskas

Bulls

Rose
Brewer
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Keith Bogans
Taj Gibson
Kyle Korver
James Johnson
Kurt Thomas
C J Watson

Thunder

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Kristic

Daequean Cook
Nick Collison
Royal Ivey
Ibaka
D J White
Thabo Sefalosha

Pretty much how I will rank this teams so far......I agree that the Lakers have team chemistry and they also seem to have the best 'team'.

Guru™
09-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Yep, 2 time defending champs that got stronger in the offseason? How can they not be the favorites?

Lebron101
09-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes.we.did. Miami heat is the 2010-2011 nba champions

Chacarron
09-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Lakers

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Shannon Brown
Steve Blake
Matt Barnes
Theo Ratliff
Sasha Vujacic

Heat

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony

Mike Miller
Eddie House
Arroyo Carlos
Udonis Haslem
James Jones
Illugauskas

Bulls

Rose
Brewer
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Keith Bogans
Taj Gibson
Kyle Korver
James Johnson
Kurt Thomas
C J Watson

Thunder

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Kristic

Daequean Cook
Nick Collison
Royal Ivey
Ibaka
D J White
Thabo Sefalosha

Pretty much how I will rank this teams so far......I agree that the Lakers have team chemistry and they also seem to have the best 'team'.

You forgot Odom.

mikantsass
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
The fun has all but ended in L.A, hardly do people mention the Lakers this off-season. The Bulls, Thunder and Heat seem to be the new show in town, which brings me to the question: Will the Lakers win the 2011 championship?

I know most people will say they're the favorite simply because they won the last one, but if that's not part of the consideration, would you still pick them to win it all?

In short, do the Lakers have the best team going into the season?

Are you serious?

Antipod
09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
YES. We can`t reach 3 finals in a row(win 2 of them), don`t lose any key players(+add some good rotation dudes) and don`t be a favorite :)

dnewguy
09-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Are you serious?

Yes, they're an after-thought. I think they're the best team right now but once the Heat get some chemistry, they will sweep that Lakers team.

Chacarron
09-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes, they're an after-thought. I think they're the best team right now but once the Heat get some chemistry, they will sweep that Lakers team.

There are so many wrong things in this post.

jackdawson
09-16-2010, 04:26 PM
stupid thread. Defending champions are always the favorites until they get dethroned by someone else.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM

whats wrong with that

and for your question:the lakers are still the best team, we have an incredible depth chart now

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Wow, If everything works out on paper the world would be a damn boring place to live.

Rndy
09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah the Lakers are favorites. Although I've heard the Heat improved their team a bit

Avenged
09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I think the Lakers are the most completely team in the league 1-5 + some good bench players (Odom, Blake, Barnes Brown), I mean, for the playoffs considering teams use around 7-8 man rotation, it's kind of difficult to not consider the Lakers the favorites.. Along with all the intangibles they possess collectively and the experience..

The Heat though, although they may not be the most complete team from every position, they do possess 2 of the best players in the game and one of the best PF's in the game.

It'll come down between those 2 in my opinion.

Da Knicks
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
They would have to be the favorites imo, anytime you have the best big man in the league you have a chance at a ring. The only team that could put a real fight against them is the heat and lebron would have to play to his abilities. Still size matters and Pau, Bynum, Ratliff, Odom are the real dangers against the lakers not everything else that sportswriters write about.

xabial
09-16-2010, 05:59 PM
The Lakers Have 2 Legit 7 Footers, one of the best clutch players of all Time in Kobe Bryant and a more then capable guard in Derek Fisher. When Lamar Odom One of Team USA's key players that won them the gold this year is your 6th man, and your 3rd-5th best overall player, you know theres going to be a problem.

TheTakeOver24
09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
They are definitely the favorite this year, but I wouldnt say "clear" favorites.
Any time a team has 2 of the top 3 players in the game with a solid supporting cast, they deserve to be in the conversation.

Klivlend
09-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Uh, isn't that a good thing? Doesn't it strengthen his post? You know, adds credibility.

IDB Josh M
09-16-2010, 06:20 PM
As Ric Flair says, "To be the man you gotto ... WOOOoOOooo ... Beat the man!"

IDB Josh M
09-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I just hate it when people don't give conclusiory statements without backing them up with silly things like sources or citations.

Joking aside, is there a bigger pic of your sig? I need it for ... uh, research.

Kevj77
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes. They are the most complete team 1-5 and bench. Plus championship experience and chemistry from being together awhile now. Best closer in the NBA. Two seven footers and LO as the 6th man.

Clear cut favorites out west and a slight favorite over Miami or Celtics to win it all.

bigsams50
09-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes. Defending champs and they got better.

GodsSon
09-16-2010, 06:32 PM
They are definitely the favorite this year, but I wouldnt say "clear" favorites.
Any time a team has 2 of the top 3 players in the game with a solid supporting cast, they deserve to be in the conversation.

When did the Heat get Durant?

footballer2369
09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
The.Bulls.Are.Not.Near.The.Elite.Level.And.Should. Not.Be.In.Sentences.With.The.Lakers.And.Heat.Or.Ev en.The.Celtics.Or.Magic.On.That.Note.

pistonsfanomg
Don't care what anyone says

Its the Heat

footballer2369

I see you've bought into the brainwashing...

Driven
09-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Clear favorite? Of course not. Favorite? Yes.

hyb152
09-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Durant is one of the top 3 scorers, but not players. Not yet anyways. Lebron, Kobe, and Wade are all better players than Durant as of now.

Tony_Starks
09-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Clear favorite.

smith&wesson
09-16-2010, 07:09 PM
i dont think they are a clear cut favourit to win. but i think they win it in
7 games vs miami
6 games vs celtics
5 games vs magic

netsgiantsyanks
09-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes.we.did. Miami heat is the 2010-2011 nba champions

3.6. p.o.s.t.s opinion invalidated

netsgiantsyanks
09-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I just hate it when people don't give conclusiory statements without backing them up with silly things like sources or citations.

Joking aside, is there a bigger pic of your sig? I need it for ... uh, research.

:laugh: :laugh:

Iron24th
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes,definitely,Celtics and Heat are challengers.

sp1derm00
09-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Based on previous years, yes the Lakers are currently still the team to beat.

The Heat have crazy upside, but I don't know if they will all gel together in one year well enough to challenge the Lakers. I'd be more afraid of the Heat after one year of chemistry under their belt.

Jamballin L@KER
09-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Of course. They're the defending champs