PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Thread: All non-news threads merged here - Part III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523924)
Part II (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526098)

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13953984/nets-sixers-add-intrigue-to-melo-saga

"There's no sign of reconsideration on Carmelo's part, despite what [Denver] has publicly said," said one of the people involved in the process.

The two sides remain locked in a stalemate over Anthony's future while a three-year, $65 million extension offer sits untouched in front of him. While Nuggets officials -- including influential adviser Bret Bearup and executive Josh Kroenke -- continue to rebuff trade inquiries while hoping to repair the franchise's relationship with Anthony, privately the team is beginning to examine which teams would have the most attractive combination of young players, draft picks and expiring contracts to complete a deal. And the team currently viewed by people close to the situation as having the most realistic chance of putting together a blockbuster, perhaps multi-team deal for Anthony is the New Jersey Nets.

"They're working the hardest to get a deal done," one of the sources said.

With No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors, multiple extra draft picks, and Devin Harris, whose $8.98 million contract could be parlayed into a serviceable replacement for Anthony in a three-team trade, New Jersey has the makings of a package that would appeal to Nuggets officials, one of the people with knowledge of Denver's strategy said. The key, according to the person, would be involving a third team to convert Harris into something the Nuggets would view as "decent replacement value" for Anthony.

That is where another team equipped with attractive assets could enter the picture, multiple sources said: the Philadelphia 76ers. New team president Rod Thorn and GM Ed Stefanski – who formerly worked together in New Jersey -- could be central to constructing a deal that would compel the Nuggets to move Anthony rather than endure a season-long distraction that ends with Anthony leaving as a free agent after the season. The key pieces of the Philadelphia equation would be the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono ($6.64 million) and Willie Green ($3.98 million), a young talent such as Thaddeus Young, and Andre Iguodala, who is coming off a solid contribution to Team USA's gold-medal performance at the FIBA World Championships. Some executives believe the Sixers would at least discuss including No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner if it meant getting Anthony, but that would defeat the purpose of going over the luxury tax to get Anthony in the first place.

The Bulls are viewed by one source as "not a realistic candidate" due to the team's unwillingness at this point to include Joakim Noah in the deal. The Bulls and Noah are currently negotiating an extension. The Knicks, Anthony's first choice, are viewed by rival executives as not having enough assets to entice the Nuggets. New York has Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring contract, promising big man Anthony Randolph, and swingman Wilson Chandler, but the team's draft-pick cupboard is bare. Adding to the frustration among Nuggets officials, sources say, is that Anthony's team has been slow to offer a comprehensive list of trade possibilities.

Knicks21
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
The Nuggets hold out hope of repairing their relationship with Carmelo Anthony but so far the superstar has not changed his mind.

Anthony still wants Denver to deal him and the team is considering how best to maximize return in a trade.

The Nets are aggressively trying to acquire Anthony and it is believed he would be open to signing an extension upon being traded to New Jersey.

"They're working the hardest to get a deal done," a source said about the Nets.

The Sixers are also in the mix, though it is unclear if Anthony would sign off on a trade to Philadelphia. Denver is said to be interested in Andre Iguodala.

Rival executives do not believe that the Knicks, Anthony's first choice, have enough to offer the Nuggets to complete a deal.

The Bulls are not considered a realistic destination.

DaBUU
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM
The Bulls are not considered a realistic destination.

Good

sep11ie
09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Good

I know, cuz you Heat fans hate competition.

Sixerlover
09-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd love a Melo to NJ Favors to PHI Iguodala + parts to DEN deal!

It would take a young prospect like Favors, and instant cap space to get me to OK an iguodala deal

Hawkeye15
09-16-2010, 11:34 AM

It would take a young prospect like Favors, and instant cap space to get me to OK an iguodala deal

that wouldn't be bad, but is Denver looking to take on a long deal like Iggy's? I would think moving Melo is a sign of rebuilding

VinceCarter
09-16-2010, 11:37 AM

The Sixers future would be scary!

Holiday, Turner, Favors. :speechless:

As a Nets fan I could see this trade coming back to bite our ***. :laugh2:

But then again Favors could be nothing too special and same with Turner.

Forbo
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
If I was a Nets fan, I would trade anyone for Melo at this point. After a horrible season this is Carmelo Anthony a superstar that averages around 30 points a game! How could you not want that?

NBA-GMaster
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
3 team-trade DEN-NJN-PHI
DEN trade: Melo,Martin,Smith and Balkman
DEN get: Iggy,Young,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick

NJN trade: Harris,Favors,Murphy,Humphries and 1st rd draft pick
NJN get: Melo,Brand and Balkman

PHI trade: Iggy,Young and Brand
PHI get: Harris,Martin and Smith

:D:D:D Goodluck for the Nets!! Nets want Melo so badly

Forbo
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
3 team-trade DEN-NJN-PHI

:D:D:D

WOW that is a good trade for all teas

aussie
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
new orleans i reckon :)

NBA-GMaster
09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
WOW that is a good trade for all teas

Den:
Nene/Andersen
Favors/Murphy
Harrington/Young
Iguodala/Afflalo
Billups/Lawson

NJN:
Lopez/Petro
Brand/James
Melo/Outlaw
Williams/Morrow
Farmar/ ???

PHI:
Speights/Hawes
Martin/Nocioni
Turner/Smith
Williams/Green
Harris/Holiday

aaronmckie
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
lol except for the fact that Jrue Holiday is the sixers starting point guard and there's no use for Harris.

Law25
09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Anywhere other than New York would be an career set back. The Knicks fan base would embrass him, and him and Stat together would be crazy. Almost all major markets are set to. So the NBA just needs this to happen to supernova and suck the world into its greatness. I've always wanted to feel that Buzz. As an Lakers fan it didnt feel right playing Boston when they sucked.The same goes for the knick. I waiting for it to happen.

Forbo
09-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Anywhere other than New York would be an career set back. The Knicks fan base would embrass him, and him and Stat together would be crazy. Almost all major markets are set to. So the NBA just needs this to happen to supernova and suck the world into its greatness. I've always wanted to feel that Buzz. As an Lakers fan it didnt feel right playing Boston when they sucked.The same goes for the knick. I waiting for it to happen.

Going to NY would be a set back...the worst NBA team the last decade

nycericanguy
09-16-2010, 01:03 PM

dont be silly, were you asleep this entire offseason?

elonepb
09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Anywhere other than New York would be an career set back.

Don't forget that the Nets would still be NY. If you meant the Knicks, they have little to build on for the near future. They need to begin rebuilding now and finding ways to get some draft picks back.

But the Nets would still be NY for Melo, and in two years you'd have Melo in Brooklyn in a brand new stadium.

Can you imagine a Carmelo Anthony jersey that says BROOKLYN on it? Might be the best selling jersey in the world.

Chill_Will_24
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Ppl are getting carried away. That three team idea was just an opinion not a proposed trade. As a Nets fan I hope this never happens. We lose our starting pg who all sings point to returning to his all star form... And our young huge upside pf of the future for a guy that isn't likely to get us too far in the playoffs and likely won't get along with the demanding, defensive minded Avery Johnson

Sixerlover
09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
that wouldn't be bad, but is Denver looking to take on a long deal like Iggy's? I would think moving Melo is a sign of rebuilding

In all star trades there has to be one player coming back that will be the focal point for the organization to promote to the media. I remember for us with AI it was Andre Miller, for Minny it was Al Jefferson, for LA it was Odom + Butler etc. Most teams don't just totally get back picks and cap space. I think Iguodala is the type of player that can still keep Denver competitive with Billups, Smith, Martin, Nene around him, while being 20 mil cheaper than Melo in the long run. It seems like the best you can get at this point for him.

But for the Sixers trading only Iguodala or Iguodala and someone like Kapono (6 mil expiring) for Favors and raw cap space, or useless expiring contract players like Humphries is something I couldn't pass up.

Niro
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
i voted for other and HOPE he goes to the warriors...of course this is just speculation i dont think you can really say where he will end up

Antipod
09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
new york/Houston...now Nets...:confused::confused::confused:

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 02:07 AM
One month after Carmelo Anthony's high-powered team of advisers first began pressuring the Denver Nuggets to trade him, the superstar scorer has not wavered in his desire to be dealt, multiple sources told CBSSports.com. "There's no sign of reconsideration on Carmelo's part, despite what [Denver] has publicly said," said one of the people involved in the process.

The two sides remain locked in a stalemate over Anthony's future while a three-year, $65 million extension offer sits untouched in front of him. While Nuggets officials -- including influential adviser Bret Bearup and executive Josh Kroenke -- continue to rebuff trade inquiries while hoping to repair the franchise's relationship with Anthony, privately the team is beginning to examine which teams would have the most attractive combination of young players, draft picks and expiring contracts to complete a deal. And the team currently viewed by people close to the situation as having the most realistic chance of putting together a blockbuster, perhaps multi-team deal for Anthony is the New Jersey Nets.

"They're working the hardest to get a deal done," one of the sources said.

With No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors, multiple extra draft picks, and Devin Harris, whose $8.98 million contract could be parlayed into a serviceable replacement for Anthony in a three-team trade, New Jersey has the makings of a package that would appeal to Nuggets officials, one of the people with knowledge of Denver's strategy said. The key, according to the person, would be involving a third team to convert Harris into something the Nuggets would view as "decent replacement value" for Anthony.

That is where another team equipped with attractive assets could enter the picture, multiple sources said: the Philadelphia 76ers. New team president Rod Thorn and GM Ed Stefanski – who formerly worked together in New Jersey -- could be central to constructing a deal that would compel the Nuggets to move Anthony rather than endure a season-long distraction that ends with Anthony leaving as a free agent after the season. The key pieces of the Philadelphia equation would be the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono ($6.64 million) and Willie Green ($3.98 million), a young talent such as Thaddeus Young, and Andre Iguodala, who is coming off a solid contribution to Team USA's gold-medal performance at the FIBA World Championships. Some executives believe the Sixers would at least discuss including No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner if it meant getting Anthony, but that would defeat the purpose of going over the luxury tax to get Anthony in the first place.

Thorn drafted Favors, so that is one piece that is expected to be integral to the discussion once the Nuggets officially begin seeking trade packages for Anthony. The drop-off in talent from Anthony to Iguodala is considerable, but so is the savings; Iguodala is due $44 million over the next three seasons, compared to the $65 million Anthony would command. Two people familiar with Denver's strategy confirmed the Nuggets would be intrigued by a deal centered around Iguodala. The Nets could sweeten any such offer with Golden State's 2012 first-round pick and two extra second-round picks they own in the same draft.

A package sending Anthony to the Nets, Favors to Philadelphia and Iguodala to Denver is one way all of these moving parts could come together. But Thorn is said to have reservations about such a deal, which has yet to rise to the level of discussion among the teams.

The situation is complicated by the difficulty in putting enough assets in the deal to satisfy the Nuggets, who don't want the first move of GM Masai Ujiri's regime to be trading the team's cornerstone. Even more crucial is the need for Anthony to indicate he'd be willing to sign an extension with the team that acquires him. It is believed that Anthony, a Brooklyn native whose wife, LaLa Vasquez, also is from there, would sign off on a deal to the Nets, who move to the New York City borough in two years. It is not clear how Anthony would feel about signing an extension with Philadelphia, a city that is halfway between his New York birthplace and the Washington, D.C., area where he grew up. The Sixers were not on Anthony's initial list of preferred destinations, which included the Knicks, Magic, Bulls and Nets. Anthony, who is good friends with former Sixers star Allen Iverson, also is aware of how harshly Philadelphia treats its sports stars, a person with knowledge of his thinking said.

The Bulls are viewed by one source as "not a realistic candidate" due to the team's unwillingness at this point to include Joakim Noah in the deal. The Bulls and Noah are currently negotiating an extension. The Knicks, Anthony's first choice, are viewed by rival executives as not having enough assets to entice the Nuggets. New York has Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring contract, promising big man Anthony Randolph, and swingman Wilson Chandler, but the team's draft-pick cupboard is bare. Adding to the frustration among Nuggets officials, sources say, is that Anthony's team has been slow to offer a comprehensive list of trade possibilities.

As the Nuggets walk the tightrope between getting value for Anthony and trying to compel him to reconsider and sign the extension, other factors are in play. Ujiri, a former Nuggets scout who was with the organization when Anthony was drafted, just lived through the nightmare of losing star Chris Bosh in Toronto. Ujiri was part of the management team that decided not to trade Bosh at the February 2010 trade deadline, and Bosh bolted to join Dwyane Wade and LeBron James in Miami. The Raptors got a trade exception and two first-round picks -- small consolation for the loss of the team's franchise player.

Which is exactly what the Nuggets are trying to avoid, one way or another.http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13953984/nets-sixers-add-intrigue-to-melo-saga

michelangelo
09-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Another reason why it's impossible for me to rank Carmelo as a top 5 player: a lack of common sense.

He's got a lights out closer in Billups, a bevy of big men who can rebound and defend and don't demand shots, a management team that has shown every willingness to build around him and a truck load of cash sitting on his doorstep uncollected.

So where will he wind up instead? In jersey or philly; perennial losers which can't attract top names or sustain a winning tradition despite acquiring franchise players through the draft. He's a knee injury away from becoming the next elton brand.

Kashmir13579
09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
melo to the knicks for curry, chandler, fields, and second rounders. he aint gonna sign an extension in nj or phili

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Another reason why it's impossible for me to rank Carmelo as a top 5 player: a lack of common sense.

He's got a lights out closer in Billups, a bevy of big men who can rebound and defend and don't demand shots, a management team that has shown every willingness to build around him and a truck load of cash sitting on his doorstep uncollected.

So where will he wind up instead? In jersey or philly; perennial losers which can't attract top names or sustain a winning tradition despite acquiring franchise players through the draft. He's a knee injury away from becoming the next elton brand.

Good point.Nene does all the rebounding,Billups is a A1 guard

Antipod
09-17-2010, 02:26 AM
This is gonna drag till june and maybe beyond ... :facepalm:

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 02:27 AM
melo to the knicks for curry, chandler, fields, and second rounders. he aint gonna sign an extension in nj or phili

What does Denver care,trade him to whatever team gives you most talent

Knicks21
09-17-2010, 02:31 AM

If ur gonna to that trade, you would have to swap gallo with Chandler. As much as we would like tot keep him, there wouldn't be much use in him and why get chandler when you could have a iguodala. It would more likely look like this:
Denver Receive:
Gallo
TD
Curry
And some picks (Not that we have many)

Knicks Receive:
Melo

michelangelo
09-17-2010, 02:42 AM
It's just mind boggling to see someone leave a near ideal situation and turn his entire career into a crap shoot.

You can't blame Carmelo's advisors either: he should be bright enough to avoid flushing his own career down the toilet.

Criticize LeBron all you want, at least he's machievellian enough to put himself into a garden o' plenty even if he did throw his old team under the bus.

Take your pick: stupid or evil.

SouthSideRookie
09-17-2010, 03:07 AM

x1000

Get real, if anyone offers the Nuggets second rounders in this deal they will just laugh and hang up on you.

It's just mind boggling to see someone leave a near ideal situation and turn his entire career into a crap shoot.

You can't blame Carmelo's advisors either: he should be bright enough to avoid flushing his own career down the toilet.

Criticize LeBron all you want, at least he's machievellian enough to put himself into a garden o' plenty even if he did throw his old team under the bus.

Take your pick: stupid or evil.

I agree, I can't belive he is actually considering some of the teams that are supposedly "his top choices"

More-Than-Most
09-17-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't want Melo in Philly... He is an amazing player but his defense is terrible and the sixers are building a team around their defense. Also we are several years away from being serious contenders so his talent would be wasted. I don't want to be a playoff team... I want to be a championship team. Adding Melo to the sixers puts us in the playoffs as usual with probably a first round knockout as usual. Keep turner and let him turn into the beast that he has the potential to be and let the contracts expire. Young/Turner/Holiday have a ton of potential and we should go from there and wait to get out from under Brand.

Side note... I am all for trading Iggy for more high draft picks or young high potential players. He is over paid and will never be the go to guy that he proclaims himself to be.

theLgndKllr35
09-17-2010, 04:12 AM
I don't want Melo in Philly... He is an amazing player but his defense is terrible and the sixers are building a team around their defense. Also we are several years away from being serious contenders so his talent would be wasted. I don't want to be a playoff team... I want to be a championship team. Adding Melo to the sixers puts us in the playoffs as usual with probably a first round knockout as usual. Keep turner and let him turn into the beast that he has the potential to be and let the contracts expire. Young/Turner/Holiday have a ton of potential and we should go from there and wait to get out from under Brand.

Side note... I am all for trading Iggy for more high draft picks or young high potential players. He is over paid and will never be the go to guy that he proclaims himself to be.

I'm not sure, I think Melo makes us a second round knockout. :D
Why get the 18th pick when you can get the 24th?

JordansBulls
09-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Why do people keep saying that?

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Why do people keep saying that?

cause they keep reading it....

Melo isn't the best defender, but he is at least average.

JordansBulls
09-17-2010, 11:14 AM
cause they keep reading it....

Melo isn't the best defender, but he is at least average.

After 2008 Melo's defense got considerably better, I would say it is pretty much as good as Pierce.

devv83
09-17-2010, 11:24 AM

Your post is comical. I love how you conviently left out the billups is 34 and got torched by dwill for 6 games, you also left out that Kmart and birdman might not even be playing until the all star break. You also left out the fact that Coach Karl is recovering from cancer and is a big ? mark, you also left out the fact that JR is a headcase. You also left out the fact that the nuggets are so far over the salary cap that the moves they can make are severely limited. Everybody knows that they peaked, they had two yrs to get a decent big man, everyone who watches the NBA knows that nene, kmart, bird are the most injury prone front line in the league. In two yrs the big men they picked up were al harrington and Sheldon williams. It obvious you dont or you never have watched nuggets basketball. Maybe you should watch a few games and stop looking at rosters and stats on NBA. com

Nuggets bright spots are Ty Lawson and Aaron Afflalo and nene if he is not injured. Thats two solid players and a role player, the future is so bright in denver huh.

Melo and Chauncey have carried this team and with Chauncey being 34 and jacking up pull up three pointers all the time you can pretty much say he has lost a step.
Did I leave anything else out???

Chill_Will_24
09-17-2010, 12:37 PM
You have to ask yourself "what does Melo want"? He says he's chasing a ring. That's just the correct thing to say. He's like Chad Ochocinco in many ways. He wants to enjoy his money, live the NY lifestyle, make some movies, maybe appear in some rap videos... He's completely p***y whipped and pretty much wants to pander to his wife's wishes. She wants to live in NY for her career and her family; which is an absolute joke cuz she's the biggest air head ever. What career??? TRL? Interviewing reality TV stars? The best career move she ever made was getting Melo sprung on that p***y. He is an idiot for sabotaging his career by going to lesser teams just to please his wife. It's sad and you can dislike it all you want but the fact is you can't change a mans heart. He doesn't care about his legacy. He doesn't care about rings. He wants fame, and the leasures of life.

Chill_Will_24
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
I like how the post reads "by february" and yet the Knicks still lead the polls. Why do ppl even bother to post polls when the Knicks are involved? They'll always win. You can't beat the numbers. 60% of this site are Knicks fans...

devv83
09-17-2010, 12:57 PM
You have to ask yourself "what does Melo want"? He says he's chasing a ring. That's just the correct thing to say. He's like Chad Ochocinco in many ways. He wants to enjoy his money, live the NY lifestyle, make some movies, maybe appear in some rap videos... He's completely p***y whipped and pretty much wants to pander to his wife's wishes. She wants to live in NY for her career and her family; which is an absolute joke cuz she's the biggest air head ever. What career??? TRL? Interviewing reality TV stars? The best career move she ever made was getting Melo sprung on that p***y. He is an idiot for sabotaging his career by going to lesser teams just to please his wife. It's sad and you can dislike it all you want but the fact is you can't change a mans heart. He doesn't care about his legacy. He doesn't care about rings. He wants fame, and the leasures of life.

:facepalm: now melo is chad ochocinco?? Movies and rap videos huh, this gets better and better every day

VinceCarter
09-17-2010, 01:19 PM
3 team-trade DEN-NJN-PHI

:D:D:D Goodluck for the Nets!! Nets want Melo so badly

The Nets get raped in that deal. :laugh2:

Giaps
09-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh really? So you use how a team has done over the past 10 years instead of how it will do over the next 10. Great logic right there.

Best chance by February: Nets
Best chance in free agency: Knicks

Chill_Will_24
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
:facepalm: now melo is chad ochocinco?? Movies and rap videos huh, this gets better and better every day

Well you cant seriously tell me you believe he wants rings...

airronijordan
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Melo doesnt seem to care about winning...he wants fame more than anything....and thats why in the previous melo threads ive always said either melo to nj or ny.....but when melo was in the george lopez show 2 nights ago, he said all the rumors are speculation and that he isn't a free agent yet

so maybe hes not worried about the CBA?

BlkProphet79
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Melo doesnt seem to care about winning...he wants fame more than anything....and thats why in the previous melo threads ive always said either melo to nj or ny.....but when melo was in the george lopez show 2 nights ago, he said all the rumors are speculation and that he isn't a free agent yet

so maybe hes not worried about the CBA?

I'm just trying to help you out. You can't say "but when melo was in the george lopez show 2 nights ago, he said all the rumors are speculation and that he isn't a free agent yet" without proof. So here it is:

http://www.lopeztonight.com/episode_recaps_and_highlights/carmelo_anthonys_honeymoon.php

and

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/carmelo_anthony_says_im_a_nugget_--_but_if_he_was_a_free_agent_thats_a_different_stor y.php

nycericanguy
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm just trying to help you out. You can't say "but when melo was in the george lopez show 2 nights ago, he said all the rumors are speculation and that he isn't a free agent yet" without proof. So here it is:

http://www.lopeztonight.com/episode_recaps_and_highlights/carmelo_anthonys_honeymoon.php

and

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/carmelo_anthony_says_im_a_nugget_--_but_if_he_was_a_free_agent_thats_a_different_stor y.php

Yea he doesn't exactly sound like he has any plans of signing that extension. IMO the CBA thing is overblown. Salaries might be cut a bit and maybe the max deal 5 years instead of 6. But theres no way the players union is going to allow Max deals to be slaughtered to the point where Melo or any other max player is going to lose a ton of money. New CBA or not, Melo will be in for a pretty big payday, and in NY him & Lala would be megastars.

devv83
09-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Well you cant seriously tell me you believe he wants rings...

How bout this, how bout you tell me where Melo would go if he wanted rings, its maybe 4 or 5 teams that have legitimate chances at winning a ring

La
Miami
Orlando
Boston

You tell me which one of those teams could he just flat go too. No matter where he goes unless its maybe chicago and they keep noah, he is not gonna have a legitimate shot at winning a ring, and Orlando was on his short list of preffered teams.

I still have no idea how chad ochocinco came up in your argument, you didnt even make a relevant argument to that. Your post was all over the place.

I hope you dont think Denver has a legitimate shot at winning a ring this yr, I really hope you wern't thinking that

SouthSideRookie
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Thats exactly how organizations become mediocre for years and years, they trade away their future for an opportunity to become somewhat more competitive. I agree, if my team was young I would be against acquiring a player like Melo, why trade away the future if im not going to have a realistic shot at a ring.

How bout this, how bout you tell me where Melo would go if he wanted rings, its maybe 4 or 5 teams that have legitimate chances at winning a ring

La
Miami
Orlando
Boston

You tell me which one of those teams could he just flat go too. No matter where he goes unless its maybe chicago and they keep noah, he is not gonna have a legitimate shot at winning a ring, and Orlando was on his short list of preffered teams.

I still have no idea how chad ochocinco came up in your argument, you didnt even make a relevant argument to that. Your post was all over the place.

I hope you dont think Denver has a legitimate shot at winning a ring this yr, I really hope you wern't thinking that

They have a way more realistic shot than some of the teams that are being mentioned. Anyone with common sense knows what teams would be immediate contenders and for years to come.

Chill_Will_24
09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Just let the Chad Ochocinco thing go man. It wasn't meant to be taken that seriously. Stop overthinking everything. I don't want your brain to start hurting. Melo is NOT interested in winning. Just by him wanting to go to the NY area. Neither NJ or NY can help him win a ring. If Orlando somehow got him you can bet they would challenge the Heat. Same with the Bulls even if they give up Noah. Noah is replaceable. All he is is a glorified Varejao anyway. So if the Bulls got him they would also be contenders. Houston probably. So idk what basketball your watching but adding a dynamic scorer like Melo definitely puts those teams in contention. Anyway Denver needs to be realistic. Melo has said nothing to quell all the rumors he explicitly admited to having read. If he had intentions of staying he woulve said SOMETHING to give Denver some peace of mind. He didn't. If Denver doesn't trade him now they are stupid. Denver fans are clutching at straws with that CBA argument to pretend like their team has some leverage. It's false hope cuz as someone said above I don't think the CBA issue will affect Melo too much. Ppl just keep repeating that to sound smart. He'll be paid regardless. He hold the cards not Denver

Evolution23
09-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Best shot at winning is NY.. Amare, Melo, Randolph, Gallo, Chandler, Felton... thats a good all around team ( inside and outside).

BlkProphet79
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Best shot at winning is NY.. Amare, Melo, Randolph, Gallo, Chandler, Felton... thats a good all around team ( inside and outside).

Not if we have to give up a combination of those 3 + fillers to get him. Free agency is the best way to go, especially "if" Melo can wait until then.

VinceCarter
09-17-2010, 06:43 PM
The 76ers have had some internal discussions about a trade for Anthony, but they think the small forward will be traded to the Nets, Knicks, Magic or Bulls.

76ers front office thoughts on Melo. ESPN Rumor Mill. (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors)

oak2455
09-18-2010, 12:52 AM
76ers Aren't In Three-Way Carmelo Talks
More Sixers News

Melo Still Wants Trade Out Of Denver
76ers Add Plaisted, Florence To Camp Roster
Nocioni's Ankle Forces Him To Withdraw From FIBA Championships
Nocioni Expected To Play For Argentina
Philadelphia 76ers Archive
RSS Feed | Twitter

Sixers Links

Sixers Home Page
Sixers Roster
Sixers Message Board
Find Sixers Tickets
Feedback or Suggestions
Sep 17, 2010 8:00 AM EST
The 76ers aren't currently in talks with the Nuggets and Nets on a three-way trade, according to a Philadelphia official.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports reported a possible scenario on Thursday where Philadelphia would deal the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono and Willie Green along with Thaddeus Young and Andre Iguodala for Denver forward Carmelo Anthony.

The same 76ers source said that while the trade has been discussed "a little" internally, they don't believe they have a real shot at Anthony.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/69153/20100917/76ers_arent_in_three_way_carmelo_talks/#ixzz0zqzi4O3k

DenButsu
09-18-2010, 01:40 AM

Wow, I guess you're pretty tight with Melo, huh? Because you sure have a deep, detailed understanding of exactly who he is and what he wants. I take it you're sparking it up with him on the weekends and breaking down the meaning of life while LaLa's taking care of Kiyan in the other room?

Must be nice to have that kind of access.

Hindy27
09-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Best chance by February: Nets
Best chance in free agency: Knicks

This is what I think as well.

If he goes to free agency the Nets won't have a chance unless Favors looks like being a major beast and TWill keeps improving. Even then he still might prefer the Knicks.

IMO the Nets have to trade for him, I just hope they don't gut the team to get him. The longer it goes on though the less the Nets will need to give up.

So I'd prefer for this to drag on until the deadline, then Melo gets desperate to get his extension and the Nuggets will be desperate to just get something back.
Although that opens up another can of worms, if the Nets would be offering less then the Knicks, Bulls and Magic will come into play, as they wouldn't need to give up as much also. Which may force the Nets to offer a little more but hopefully not as much as it would take to trade for him now.

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 08:35 AM
76ers Aren't In Three-Way Carmelo Talks
More Sixers News

Melo Still Wants Trade Out Of Denver
76ers Add Plaisted, Florence To Camp Roster
Nocioni's Ankle Forces Him To Withdraw From FIBA Championships
Nocioni Expected To Play For Argentina
Philadelphia 76ers Archive
RSS Feed | Twitter

Sixers Links

Sixers Home Page
Sixers Roster
Sixers Message Board
Find Sixers Tickets
Feedback or Suggestions
Sep 17, 2010 8:00 AM EST
The 76ers aren't currently in talks with the Nuggets and Nets on a three-way trade, according to a Philadelphia official.

Ken Berger of CBS Sports reported a possible scenario on Thursday where Philadelphia would deal the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono and Willie Green along with Thaddeus Young and Andre Iguodala for Denver forward Carmelo Anthony.

The same 76ers source said that while the trade has been discussed "a little" internally, they don't believe they have a real shot at Anthony.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/69153/20100917/76ers_arent_in_three_way_carmelo_talks/#ixzz0zqzi4O3k

Yeah, I doubt Melo would want to go there either.

ET92898
09-18-2010, 08:51 AM
The Knicks are going to get Melo.

DenButsu
09-18-2010, 10:28 AM
The Knicks are going to get Melo.

Happy for you that your crystal ball is working better than mine.

cmellofan15
09-18-2010, 11:41 AM
On Friday evening, Carmelo Anthony responded to fans via his Twitter page and seemed to send the message that he is eager to start the new season in Denver.

Anthony told one fan when training camp opens, agreed to take a photo with another when the Nuggets visit Sacramento during the regular season, and responded "damn i cant wait" when asked if he's ready for camp.

link (http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/24803530889)

In a television appearance on Thursday, Carmelo Anthony talked about the growing media frenzy surrounding his reported desire to part ways with the Nuggets.

Anthony said the chatter is premature because he is not yet a free agent. Then Anthony seemed to emphasize the part about becoming a free agent, after a gentle nudge from the interviewer George Lopez.

​"I'm a Nugget. I'm a Nugget, man," Anthony said.

"There are a lot of rumors. It's crazy how somebody else will predict where they want you to go at, what team they want you on," Anthony continued. "It's overwhelming sometimes to read the blogs and see the Internet and see what people are saying. Everybody wants to see me go here, everybody wants to see me go there. And I'm not even a free agent yet. That's the tough part."

"If you were a free agent ...?" Lopez prompted.

"That's a different story," Anthony responded, laughing.

If Anthony is open to playing out the final season of his contract and becoming an unrestricted free agent next summer, it would be a significant development. Conventional wisdom has been that Anthony is determined to avoid free agency by signing a contract extension -- with a team to which the Nuggets trade him -- before a new collective bargaining agreement is in place.

The attempt to read Anthony's intentions is another indicator that the Summer of LeBron has become the Late Summer of Melo, as the sports world has gradually turned its attention to the stalemate between the Nuggets and their superstar.

link (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/carmelo_anthony_says_im_a_nugget_--_but_if_he_was_a_free_agent_thats_a_different_stor y.php)

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I'd rather Melo stay with the Nuggets than go East.

DenButsu
09-18-2010, 09:45 PM
link (http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/24803530889)

link (http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/carmelo_anthony_says_im_a_nugget_--_but_if_he_was_a_free_agent_thats_a_different_stor y.php)

It would be pretty hilarious if after all of this nonsense he just signed the extension and stayed.

I still don't really think that will happen, but it would be funny.

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 11:20 PM
It would be pretty hilarious if after all of this nonsense he just signed the extension and stayed.

I still don't really think that will happen, but it would be funny.

He may. He may be trying to follow Kobe's example in 2007 so that he can get some more help.

godolphins
09-18-2010, 11:31 PM
He may. He may be trying to follow Kobe's example in 2007 so that he can get some more help.

But it won't end with him winning a ring.

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Not if they don't get anyone else.

DenButsu
09-19-2010, 10:56 AM

He has a lot better shot at it in Denver than anywhere else he would go (once you factor in what they'd have to give up to get him).

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 11:11 AM
He has a lot better shot at it in Denver than anywhere else he would go (once you factor in what they'd have to give up to get him).

What do you think the Nuggets need? Another post scorer over Kmart or a SG?

Niro
09-19-2010, 12:43 PM
What do you think the Nuggets need? Another post scorer over Kmart or a SG?

post scorer
i think carmelo and billups along with smith and affalo are a good enough backcourt/wing.
if they could get a great pf like the lakers got with gasol they would be contenders

michelangelo
09-19-2010, 03:59 PM
OK, please get back to us after you stop PMS-ing. :p

Your post is comical. I love how you conviently left out the billups is 34 and got torched by dwill for 6 games, you also left out that Kmart and birdman might not even be playing until the all star break. You also left out the fact that Coach Karl is recovering from cancer and is a big ? mark, you also left out the fact that JR is a headcase. You also left out the fact that the nuggets are so far over the salary cap that the moves they can make are severely limited. Everybody knows that they peaked, they had two yrs to get a decent big man, everyone who watches the NBA knows that nene, kmart, bird are the most injury prone front line in the league. In two yrs the big men they picked up were al harrington and Sheldon williams. It obvious you dont or you never have watched nuggets basketball. Maybe you should watch a few games and stop looking at rosters and stats on NBA. com

Nuggets bright spots are Ty Lawson and Aaron Afflalo and nene if he is not injured. Thats two solid players and a role player, the future is so bright in denver huh.

Melo and Chauncey have carried this team and with Chauncey being 34 and jacking up pull up three pointers all the time you can pretty much say he has lost a step.
Did I leave anything else out???

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
post scorer
i think carmelo and billups along with smith and affalo are a good enough backcourt/wing.
if they could get a great pf like the lakers got with gasol they would be contenders

Why not get David West then?

THE GIPPER
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Why not get David West then?

is he availableÉ

DenButsu
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
espn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5594741):

[...]
The Nuggets still aren't aggressively shopping Anthony and haven't withdrawn their longstanding offer of a contract extension, but numerous sources told ESPN.com that Denver officials have in recent days let other teams know for the first time that they will listen to pitches after previously resisting such discussions.

"I'm not sure how soon, but I do think they're going to trade him [between now and February]," said one rival GM.

Said another source briefed on Denver's plans: "There's no doubt they are working on it. Eventually they're going to pull the trigger. "

[...]

The Nuggets, during Ujiri's first two weeks in the office, consistently told teams calling to register trade interest in Anthony that they weren't ready to discuss the subject.

But the Nuggets, sources said, have relaxed that stance and are starting to explore how much they might be able to get in return for the high-scoring small forward. To agree to a deal, Denver would expect at least one top-flight young player it can market along with salary-cap relief and multiple future first-round picks.

[...]

...[O]ne source -- who told ESPN.com earlier this month that he believed Anthony could even be traded before the start of the season -- continues to make that claim.

The source said that a trade could materialize quickly enough that Anthony "might never wear a Nuggets uniform again."

The Nuggets' annual media day is Sept. 27, with training camp scheduled to open the following day.

[...]

meloman1592
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
as long as melo wins a ring im good

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Wow, do only 6 people really believe he will stay with the Nuggets?

I wonder how many of these same people that voted he would be traded were completely wrong about Amare being traded at last year's deadline?

michelangelo
09-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Wow, do only 6 people really believe he will stay with the Nuggets?

I wonder how many of these same people that voted he would be traded were completely wrong about Amare being traded at last year's deadline?

Forget about the timing. When a player, especially one with this much influence, wants out, they are going to get out. It may be prior to the season, 5 minutes before the trade deadline, or at the end of the season.

Ultimately, we know Anthony does not have a long term future with the Nuggets.

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 08:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5594741&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Trading Anthony, however, is not as simple as merely seeking out the best deal or even recruiting a third team to help facilitate a trade, because of Anthony's ability to become a free agent in July. It's widely assumed in NBA front-office circles that any team trading for Anthony would expect him to commit to a contract extension as part of the deal -- as Kevin Garnett did when Minnesota sent him to Boston in the summer of 2007 -- which gives Anthony some measure of input into his trade destination.

Yet sources say that Denver, after watching LeBron James and Chris Bosh devastate Cleveland and Toronto, respectively, by bolting to Miami in July, is determined to avoid the same fate with Anthony and will ultimately work with him on a trade before the February trading deadline if the alternative is potentially losing him outright in free agency.

Ujiri, in particular, just lived through the Bosh saga as a member of Toronto's front office before taking the Nuggets' job.

No clear frontrunner has yet emerged in the Anthony sweepstakes, despite Anthony's presumed desire to play for the big-market New York Knicks or Nets, but one source -- who told ESPN.com earlier this month that he believed Anthony could even be traded before the start of the season -- continues to make that claim.

The source said that a trade could materialize quickly enough that Anthony "might never wear a Nuggets uniform again."

DenButsu
09-20-2010, 09:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5594741&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Dude, that article was so much more awesome when I posted it like 3 posts ago.

j/k :p

VinceCarter
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
But the Nuggets, sources said, have relaxed that stance and are starting to explore how much they might be able to get in return for the high-scoring small forward. To agree to a deal, Denver would expect at least one top-flight young player it can market along with salary-cap relief and multiple future first-round picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5594741

Nuggets are taking offers now.

Oefarmy2005
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
They can only expect that much if they get him to sign an extension with his new team, otherwise nobody in their right mind would do that.

Oefarmy2005
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
The only team that has both the big-market appeal and the young talent to acquire Melo are the Nets IMO. As far as just having the young talent, my Wolves are probably there as much as anybody.

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Forget about the timing. When a player, especially one with this much influence, wants out, they are going to get out. It may be prior to the season, 5 minutes before the trade deadline, or at the end of the season.

Ultimately, we know Anthony does not have a long term future with the Nuggets.

Well the poll asks about a specific timeline.

I'm trying to think..... who was the last team that was on their way to the playoffs or a winning record, and decided to trade their top 1 or 2 players and instead rebuild mid-season around younger players?

Nope, can't think of it. Things like that just don't happen in the NBA. Every time a team has traded their top 1 or 2 players they were either out of the playoff chase or they traded them for a similar talent player.

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/20/source-denver-listening-to-trade-offers-for-carmelo-anthony/

The Nuggets, according to sources, have made it clear they have interest in top-tier young players, future first-round draft picks, young assets and savings for the salary cap in return for Carmelo Anthony.

The other key factor remains Anthony's stance on any possible destination, as any team that traded for him would certainly want assurances that he would sign an extension

Gators123
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @NBAonESPN: RT @Chris_Broussard Sources tell me Melo's first choice still New York Knicks

Chicagofaithful
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
The only team that has both the big-market appeal and the young talent to acquire Melo are the Nets IMO. As far as just having the young talent, my Wolves are probably there as much as anybody.

and the only team that has big-market appeal, young talent, AND the ability to win after a trade with the nuggets are the Bulls IMO. It just depends on whether or not he wants to compete with the Heat, Lakers, and Magic or if he just wants to continue what he was doing in Denver only in NY instead of Denver

Antipod
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
As time goes, Denver will be out of options and will have to accept an offer that would also satisfy Melo...Tough choice.

Giaps
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
and the only team that has big-market appeal, young talent, AND the ability to win after a trade with the nuggets are the Bulls IMO. It just depends on whether or not he wants to compete with the Heat, Lakers, and Magic or if he just wants to continue what he was doing in Denver only in NY instead of Denver
He can wait it out in Denver for 1 season and get all that in NY. We have the youngest team we've had in 30 years so we're not short on young talent.

Oefarmy2005
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM

Please let me know who are the young players the Bulls are willing to trade for Melo that Denver might want? Plus, obviously, since the Bulls are a very good team the picks would late first rounders, which is not something the Nuggets are really looking for. So the only way the Bulls aquire Melo is using a third team, period.

Oefarmy2005
09-20-2010, 02:24 PM
He can wait it out in Denver for 1 season and get all that in NY. We have the youngest team we've had in 30 years so we're not short on young talent.

Yes, that would be ideal, but at that point, the Nuggets would rather trade him for little than just let him walk, and the Knicks don't have anything unless they are willing to part with Galo.

gocubs2118
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Please let me know who are the young players the Bulls are willing to trade for Melo that Denver might want? Plus, obviously, since the Bulls are a very good team the picks would late first rounders, which is not something the Nuggets are really looking for. So the only way the Bulls aquire Melo is using a third team, period.

We have the Bobcats pick to trade and the Bulls also might be willing to deal Noah for him, though I think that's a longshot.

Chicagofaithful
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
We have the Bobcats pick to trade and the Bulls also might be willing to deal Noah for him, though I think that's a longshot.

yeah thats a potential/probable lottery pick, and waddle and silvy reported TODAY that noah is not off the table. He will be traded before he is let walk even if for minimal assets. Do i think the bulls are the front runners? no, but the nets have to seriously consider the ramifications of trading their entire roster for melo. Frankly Lopez and Melo to me is no better than Billups and Melo... it might be worse...

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
The entire reason we don't want to give up Noah is essentially we know we won't beat Miami if we lose Noah and just get Melo in return.

And the entire reason we are going after Melo is we know we won't beat Miami without another star on this team.

commonsense12
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
This could just turn into a standoff and seriously lower the price.

IF Melo refuses to sign an extension with a new team except the few teams he would go to, look for the price to go down. He has tons of leverage because he could just walk at the end of the year.

Teams are not going to part with a lot if he doesnt sign an extension.

If i was him i would wait till free agency and sign with the Knicks who will prob do a sign and trade with them. He will still get his money and maybe more because endorsements will make up the difference between whatever the new CBA will change. It would go down much because the players will not allow it.

With the Knicks roster and add in Melo and they are probably a top 3 or 4 team in the East. Add that to the fact that they could sign CP3 the following year and they could easily become a 1 or 2 team in the East and a championship contender.

camador22
09-20-2010, 02:51 PM
yeah thats a potential/probable lottery pick, and waddle and silvy reported TODAY that noah is not off the table. He will be traded before he is let walk even if for minimal assets. Do i think the bulls are the front runners? no, but the nets have to seriously consider the ramifications of trading their entire roster for melo. Frankly Lopez and Melo to me is no better than Billups and Melo... it might be worse...

What ramifications? Do you mean the roster that almost broke the record for worst record?

Chicagofaithful
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
What ramifications? Do you mean the roster that almost broke the record for worst record?

yes, so having even less than they had before and then adding melo would only make them a 4 or 5 seed at best. They will not win... if he's serious about winning... he has to wait it out and go to the Knicks next year, and then hope they can sign CP3... (a lot of ifs and time goes by) or he can go to Chicago, or the Clippers (which he prolly wont)

DenButsu
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
The entire reason we don't want to give up Noah is essentially we know we won't beat Miami if we lose Noah and just get Melo in return.

And the entire reason we are going after Melo is we know we won't beat Miami without another star on this team.

So are you saying that you're expecting a star to just fall in your lap so that you get one for free without having to give up anything?

Everyone seems to think they can lowball the Nuggets, but as long as there are several teams (as appears to be the case) where Melo's willing to go via extend-and-trade, the team he ends up going to will necessarily be the team that outbid the others.

And you don't outbid by lowballing.

michelangelo
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
It's too bad Carmelo is so whipped. He makes Doug Christie look like Tiger Woods in comparison.

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2010, 05:37 PM

There is only 3 or 4 players returning from that team and one is a reserve so I don't know what roster your talking about...

Giaps
09-20-2010, 06:01 PM
yes, so having even less than they had before and then adding melo would only make them a 4 or 5 seed at best. They will not win... if he's serious about winning... he has to wait it out and go to the Knicks next year, and then hope they can sign CP3... (a lot of ifs and time goes by) or he can go to Chicago, or the Clippers (which he prolly wont)
CP3 would make them even better but they wouldn't need him to be a contender... Amare & Melo would be one of the best duos in the league. Then there's Gallinari & Anthony Randolph who have a ton of potential and should improve as time goes by. Chandler & Douglas are solid young players and I haven't even mentioned Felton.

Melo can win in NY next year if these young guys improve.

Ryan328
09-20-2010, 06:04 PM
NJN is the front runner per SportsCenter

j-bay
09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
heres the thing i would not put the nets in contention yet evewn with carmelo they would be giving up some key pieces if they did this deal

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 06:30 PM
So are you saying that you're expecting a star to just fall in your lap so that you get one for free without having to give up anything?

Everyone seems to think they can lowball the Nuggets, but as long as there are several teams (as appears to be the case) where Melo's willing to go via extend-and-trade, the team he ends up going to will necessarily be the team that outbid the others.

And you don't outbid by lowballing.

No, I am just saying why the process is taking long and drawn out. Not to mention Melo would have to agree to an extension.
I believe Melo is worth it, but only if he signs a 5 year extension with us.

OA SLAY
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
It's too bad Carmelo is so whipped. He makes Doug Christie look like Tiger Woods in comparison.

melo's wife.... http://blog.singersroom.com/celebs/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/lala_vazquez2.jpg ......nuff said.

Forbo
09-20-2010, 08:01 PM
ESPN updated its Carmelo Anthony story Monday evening, noting that several league sources have named the Nets as front-runners to acquire the Nuggets' star. Anthony is apparently willing to sign a contract extension with New Jersey and the Nets, according to sources, are willing to send Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Kris Humphries and at least one first-round pick to Denver.

Because he was acquired on Aug. 11, Murphy couldn't be traded in a package deal until Oct. 11.

iggypop123
09-20-2010, 08:24 PM
ESPN updated its Carmelo Anthony story Monday evening, noting that several league sources have named the Nets as front-runners to acquire the Nuggets' star. Anthony is apparently willing to sign a contract extension with New Jersey and the Nets, according to sources, are willing to send Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Kris Humphries and at least one first-round pick to Denver.

Because he was acquired on Aug. 11, Murphy couldn't be traded in a package deal until Oct. 11.

makes perfect sense. cap room and basically the third pick in the draft. if they want talent they can get it but have to forget about any cap room. thats the price of cap room.

footballer2369
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Who plays PF for NJ then?

DWills
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=DenButsu;14942598]So are you saying that you're expecting a star to just fall in your lap so that you get one for free without having to give up anything?QUOTE]

would u expect anything less from a bulls fan????

Forbo
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Who plays PF for NJ then?

Good question? Travis Outlaw??

Verbal Christ
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
melo's wife.... http://blog.singersroom.com/celebs/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/lala_vazquez2.jpg ......nuff said.

she's cute ... for a BBW

mets77
09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
A source close to the Nets told ESPN.com that he wasn’t ready to concede that the Nets were the front-runners for Anthony’s services, nor was the source willing to confirm what the Nets would offer. from knicksblog

netsgiantsyanks
09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
she's cute ... for a BBW

she does look good, but after the dream that involved her that i had a few nights ago, ill never look at her the same again :pity:

JerseysFinest
09-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Hopefully NJ gets him soon

DenButsu
09-20-2010, 09:50 PM
No, I am just saying why the process is taking long and drawn out. Not to mention Melo would have to agree to an extension.
I believe Melo is worth it, but only if he signs a 5 year extension with us.

Okay, that makes more sense.

I still don't get the refusal to trade Noah for Melo thing that a lot of people have going on, though. Noah is easily the more replaceable player, and definitely worth giving up to get a top 10 player. I know, they lose Deng, too, but they also parlay a pretty bad contract for a legit superstar max contract. And with all 3 of Rose, Melo and Boozer on board, and the fact that it's a high profile franchise with a strong history, they'd have absolutely zero problem, imo, attracting quality talent through free agency next summer, and finding another big who can go 10/10.

----------------------------

Separately, if the Nets are indeed emerging as front runners now it wouldn't surprise me too much. Considering everything the Nuggets reportedly want, and everything Melo reportedly wants, it's probably one of the most mutualy beneficial compromises they can reach.

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Okay, that makes more sense.

I still don't get the refusal to trade Noah for Melo thing that a lot of people have going on, though. Noah is easily the more replaceable player, and definitely worth giving up to get a top 10 player. I know, they lose Deng, too, but they also parlay a pretty bad contract for a legit superstar max contract. And with all 3 of Rose, Melo and Boozer on board, and the fact that it's a high profile franchise with a strong history, they'd have absolutely zero problem, imo, attracting quality talent through free agency next summer, and finding another big who can go 10/10.

----------------------------

Separately, if the Nets are indeed emerging as front runners now it wouldn't surprise me too much. Considering everything the Nuggets reportedly want, and everything Melo reportedly wants, it's probably one of the most mutualy beneficial compromises they can reach.

I'll gladly take my chances with a Big 3 of Rose, Melo and Boozer then Rose, Boozer and Noah.

Hell if we don't get Melo we may not get another top 10 player in the league until Rose is done playing basketball.

Forbo
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I'll gladly take my chances with a Big 3 of Rose, Melo and Boozer then Rose, Boozer and Noah.

Hell if we don't get Melo we may not get another top 10 player in the league until Rose is done playing basketball.

Rose isnt a top 10 player...

JOSKOMANG4
09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5594741

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Aug. 16 that it was "a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways," while CBSSports.com quoted "multiple sources" last week as saying that the 26-year-old "has not wavered in his desire to be dealt" and that the New Jersey Nets are making the hardest active pitch for Anthony.

Several league sources on Monday told ESPN.com that they believe the Nets have emerged as the front-runner to secure Anthony. Not only is Anthony willing to sign a contract extension with the Nets, sources say the club is willing to make an intriguing offer of Derrick Favors (the No. 3 pick in this year's draft), the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries, and at least one future first-round pick to Denver to land Anthony.

- If that trade actually comes about..

C: Brook Lopez/Johan Petro/Brian Zoubek
PF/SF: Travis OUtlaw/Joe Smith
SF: Melo/Damion James
SG: Anthony Morrow/Terrence Williams(6th man)/Quinton Ross
PG: Devin Harris/Jordan Farmar/Ben Uzoh

Definitely a playoff team; possible 6th seed.

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, I could deal with that. As long as he's not traded to the Lakers.

Raidaz4Life
09-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Good trade for both sides

bholly
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM

He can be traded before that. The waiting period only applies to players acquired while the team was over the cap. When NJN got Murphy there were under the cap.

Forbo
09-20-2010, 10:39 PM
I hope all this talk actually means something and Melo is traded and we are not wasted watching ESPN for nothing..

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Nioce

bahama0811
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
As a Nuggets fan I actually wouldn't be totally opposed to that trade. I would rather have Lopez but I know that is just a pipe dream and would never happen.

llemon
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Hope trade doesn't happen.

And why the hell would Denver want Humph? Trade works without him and saves Nuggets over $6 mil.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 10:44 PM
If Puker says so than...

Law25
09-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knicks is an major market who needs one more star for my dream season with all major markets having great teams, and Lakers emerging as the best of all.

More-Than-Most
09-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Man I wish the sixers would step up and be the 3rd team... Sixers give up either Thad young or Iggy and 2 of our expiring contracts and get favors.

mikantsass
09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Ha ha bulls fans

Hawkeye15
Hope trade doesn't happen.

And why the hell would Denver want Humph? Trade works without him and saves Nuggets over $6 mil.

exactly. And who does the dirty work at PF for Brook?

still1ballin
Melo to Lakers?!

Oh noz! :ohno:

nuggetsyankees
09-20-2010, 10:53 PM
i'd rather them give us Twill (unlikely) or Damion James instead of humphries

Rivera
09-20-2010, 10:53 PM
orlando has 1 young talent (orton) but we got an expiring contract in VC and ill give them 3 first round picks orton n vc and whoever else they want for melo

nuggetsyankees
09-20-2010, 10:56 PM
^give it up

shep33
09-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Haha if he went to the Lakers without giving up 2 out of the 3 of Bynum, Odom, and Artest... could you imagine their lineup.

Fish
Kobe
Melo
Pau
Bynum

or
Fish/Blake
Kobe/Brown/Sasha
Melo/Artest/Barnes/Walton/Ebanks
Odom/Caracter
Gasol/Ratiliff

But it wouldn't work out anyways... to get Melo LA would have to give up Bynum and likely Artest... which isn't worth it for LA.

Forbo
09-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Nets still have Hayes under bird rites

Ovratd1up
09-20-2010, 11:03 PM
You're starting to see a lot of teams prioritizing offense and letting the defense take care of itself.

llemon
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Nets still have Hayes under bird rites

It's Early Bird Rights. And what does that do for the Nets?

Forbo
09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
im just saying nuggets can buy him out

saintdrew
09-20-2010, 11:08 PM
If this actually happens, then we all should give a standing ovation to the Nuggets front office. They will do something that Cleveland could not, and that's trade the guy who is going to leave and actually get a package of players for him.

If someone wants to be nice, they can tell me the future outlook of the Nuggets. As in, how much longer are K.Martin, Nene, Billups, JR Smith on the roster/contract?

llemon
09-20-2010, 11:11 PM
im just saying nuggets can buy him out

Hayes? I'm not understanding you.

smiddy012
09-20-2010, 11:16 PM

Deng + Noah > Melo

If you cant replace Noah with a solid defensive center there is no point in shipping the entire defense away for a guy whos average at it.

Mishmin
I'd like to see him on the Nets. Lebron burnt the bridge with Jiggaman and he's lookin for a new wingman.

Would Nuggets really take just Favors, contracts, and a pick for Melo?

llemon
If this actually happens, then we all should give a standing ovation to the Nuggets front office. They will do something that Cleveland could not, and that's trade the guy who is going to leave and actually get a package of players for him.

If someone wants to be nice, they can tell me the future outlook of the Nuggets. As in, how much longer are K.Martin, Nene, Billups, JR Smith on the roster/contract?

KMart and Smith have expiring contracts.

Billups has an '11-'12 $3.7 mil team buyout option.

Nene has an '11-'12 player option.

Chill_Will_24
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
How about Twill+Damion James+Troy Murphy+Picks??? I don't see why the Nets would trade ALL their PFs... Something is off there... How can the expect to win playing small ball with Outlaw at PF? Something is off there...

Forbo
09-20-2010, 11:30 PM
How about Twill+Damion James+Troy Murphy+Picks??? I don't see why the Nets would trade ALL their PFs... Something is off there... How can the expect to win playing small ball with Outlaw at PF? Something is off there...

And why would Denver want all those pfs? They have birdman and Kmart

Harris, Favors, James + 2 picks?

credible55
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
so if this trade is accurate. could the denver rebuild be a rather quick 1. u could use kenyon big expiring, and j.r smith to a get another big time player. like monta ellis or another player a team might want to get rid of because of salary reasons u would have a nice young front line of nene and favors. u still have chauncey. or u can deal him too and let lawson run the show. just asking people's opinions on denver's future if this deal goes down???

iggypop123
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
give up the laker talk. he wont go there unless its a package for odom vujacics expiring and their 2 second rounders (steals) caracter and ebanks. probably a future first rounder.
nets offer acomplishes many things the nuggets want. so what if they have no pf? they can just sign a scrub off the FA market.

DenButsu
09-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Deng + Noah > Melo

If you cant replace Noah with a solid defensive center there is no point in shipping the entire defense away for a guy whos average at it.

Deng+Noah doesn't get the Bulls any closer to a championship than they are right now, which until proven otherwise is still behind the Heat, Cs, Magic & Hawks (imo). Melo gives them a far greater talent in a single player than either Deng or Noah can.

I don't understand why Bulls fans are looking at this as if Chicago would make this trade and then just be finished and not do anything next summer.

But to use your ">" metric:

Rose/Brewer/Melo/Boozer/whoever they get next summer via free agency who can defend & rebound
>>>
Rose/Brewer/Deng/Boozer/Noah

If the Bulls refuse to give up Noah for Melo, they are being very short sighted.

That said, I hope they stick to their guns and hold that line, because that pretty much completely takes them out of the running, since Denver has zero incentive to take on Deng if Noah's not included. And other teams can offer the Nuggets better deals with promising young players, more expiring salary, no bad contracts, and in some cases better future 1sts, so I'd rather see them go with a NJ/HOU/LAC option anyhow.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
I started trippin when I saw this on ESPN.

We've talked about it for forever, but especially the way this offseason has gone down I never expected anything to happen.

But trading all of our PF's doesn't make sense, there has to be another player/team in the deal I would think.

jkiddvc20
09-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Oh baby am I pumped right now!

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh baby am I pumped right now!

Word!!!

thekmp211
09-21-2010, 12:32 AM
favors and lawson could be a nice combination. i'd imagine billups would be on the move if this kind of trade ended up happening.

THE GIPPER
09-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Good trade for both sides

totally agree.

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I'd like to see him on the Nets. Lebron burnt the bridge with Jiggaman and he's lookin for a new wingman.

Would Nuggets really take just Favors, contracts, and a pick for Melo?

Favors is a young potential stud who they can market....Murphy provides a lot of cap relief and it would be 2 or more 1st rounders. It satisfies the 3 things they are reportedly interested in in return for Melo. Makes a lot of sense.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 12:42 AM
i still dont think this makes them a threat.

jkiddvc20
09-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Im really hoping this trade goes down right now I can just see how good Melo would look in a Nets uni!! :clap:

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 12:45 AM

It depends what you consider a threat. Nets with Melo is anywhere from 2 seed to 6 seed. All depends on chemistry.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 12:46 AM

Were not the best, but at least we can compete with anyone on any given night.

I think adding Melo would put the Nets on top of the Atlantic. Or at least close, Boston has been getting it done even though their big 3 looks less and less impressive every year.

Get in the playoffs and anything can happen. :)

KDM1986
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Ha ha bulls fans

Yeah this effects the bulls so much. Cause you know our team is getting so old we only have a couple years left to realistically compete for a championship before we will have to start over.:facepalm:

KDM1986
09-21-2010, 12:49 AM
anyone know if this would all hinge on Melo signing a contract extension with the nets or is this just a rental?

MELO 15
09-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Well, I could deal with that. As long as he's not traded to the Lakers.

Who does that boooooty belong to?

DenButsu
09-21-2010, 12:52 AM
And why would Denver want all those pfs? They have birdman and Kmart

Harris, Favors, James + 2 picks?

One reason is that if they trade Melo, they're rebuilding, and if they're rebuilding, they want to dump K-Mart's and Birdman's and Balkman's contracts.

In fact, before people get too hung up on the inclusion of Humphries, I wouldn't be surprised to see this (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28fwwmf) or this (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b49dvo) happen.

Also (in the case of this proposed trade idea) they'd just try to dump K-Mart by the deadline (probably for peanuts), let Murphy and Humphries (and possibly J.R., if he hasn't been traded by then) expire, then maybe try to re-sign one or two of them on the cheap or just let them walk.

If Melo is traded, this season is more or less lost to Denver anyhow, so it's going to be more about restructuring and developing young talent and positioning for future building. If the Nuggets stack up the depth too much at the 4 it's only incidental and beside the point - only a means to a different end.

So, conceivably, they'd be trying to go from this:

2010-11 2011-12

Carmelo Anthony 17149244 18518575
Kenyon Martin 16545454
C. Billups 13150000 14200000
Nene 11360000 11600000
JR Smith 6757851
Al Harrington 5765000 6226200
Chris Andersen 4533300 4869100
Arron Afflalo 1959577 2906053
Renaldo Balkman 1675000 1675000
Ty Lawson 1546560 1654440
Anthony Carter 1352181
S. Williams 915852

TOTALS 82710019 48243315

To something more like this:

2010-11 2011-12

C. Billups 13150000 14200000
Troy Murphy 11968253
Nene 11360000 11600000
JR Smith 6757851
Al Harrington 5765000 6226200
Derrick Favors 4133280 4443360
Kris Humphries 3200000
Arron Afflalo 1959577 2906053
Renaldo Balkman 1675000 1675000
Ty Lawson 1546560 1654440
Anthony Carter 1352181
S. Williams 915852

TOTALS 63783554 42705053

Billups/Ty
Afflalo/J.R.
Al
Murphy/Favors
Nene

...with salary relief and a future 1st in hand. And probably if not by the deadline then next summer, I'd imagine they'd try to trade Harrington, too. Billups is actually only guaranteed for about $3 million in 2011-12, and it's likely he'd either opt out for a contender or extend on the cheap to retire in Denver as player-coach. But probably the Nuggets hope to get down to a payroll of about $35 million by the time free agency starts next summer, and maximize their flexibility in rebuilding.

DenButsu
09-21-2010, 12:55 AM
And wtf is up with all the Melo to Lakers pipedreaming in this thread?

I can guarantee you that Bret Bearup and the Kroenkes would rather let Melo walk for nothing than trade him to the Lakers.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 12:56 AM
It depends what you consider a threat. Nets with Melo is anywhere from 2 seed to 6 seed. All depends on chemistry.

a threat to make real noise in the east. i don't think they're as good as ATL or Chicago, but we'll see.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
anyone know if this would all hinge on Melo signing a contract extension with the nets or is this just a rental?

Nets won't do it unless Melo resigns with them.

Why the **** would the Nets trade their future stud PF for a 1 year rental??

THE MTL
09-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Nets would have a good team with that, but it still isnt beating Miami/Orlando/Boston. He is MUCH better off bolting in free agency like Lebron James to a fully intact Knicks roster. :D

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Were not the best, but at least we can compete with anyone on any given night.

I think adding Melo would put the Nets on top of the Atlantic. Or at least close, Boston has been getting it done even though their big 3 looks less and less impressive every year.

Get in the playoffs and anything can happen. :)

Harris/Farmar
Morrow/T-Will
Melo/Outlaw
Joe Smith
Lopez/?

I think this team can compete for a 7 or 8 seed but I honestly don't see Melo signing an extension when he has a better team with Denver

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Ha ha bulls fans

I can only imagine how they are feeling now...

bholly
09-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Nets won't do it unless Melo resigns with them.

Why the **** would the Nets trade their future stud PF for a 1 year rental??

Hasn't Melo said he'd sign with the Nets? They'd do an extend + trade, so it would all go down simultaneously.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Harris/Farmar
Morrow/T-Will
Melo/Outlaw
Joe Smith
Lopez/?

I think this team can compete for a 7 or 8 seed but I honestly don't see Melo signing an extension when he has a better team with Denver

He already said he would sign an extension with the Nets. And I would argue that the Nets are better.

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Harris/Farmar
Morrow/T-Will
Melo/Outlaw
Joe Smith
Lopez/?

:eyebrow:

I'd say 2-5.

DenButsu
09-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Melo hasn't said anything publicly about anything except, "I'm a Nugget, man."

Everything else has been said by "sources", who strangely enough, don't always seem to agree with each other.

And it should ALWAYS go without saying in any of these trade ideas that of course NONE of them happen if Melo isn't extended-and-traded. That's just a given that we should assume is part of the deal every time, because if it's not there will never be a deal.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 01:05 AM

I'd say 2-5.

no way. Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando will definitely finish ahead of them. they have a chance to get 5th at best, and i don't even think they'll get that because ATL is a good reg season team, and Milwaukee is also a good team. I'll predict that they get 6th. that being said, the east will be mad deep if this trade went down.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:07 AM
no way. Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando will definitely finish ahead of them. they have a chance to get 5th at best, and i don't even think they'll get that because ATL is a good reg season team, and Milwaukee is also a good team. I'll predict that they get 6th. that being said, the east will be mad deep if this trade went down.

We will see about that....

Hopefully

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 01:07 AM
:laugh2:

Harris/Farmar
Morrow/TWill
Melo/James
Outlaw/James
Lopez/Petro

It all depends on chemistry but that is a solid *** team.

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 01:09 AM

Hopefully

Keyword. :ohno:

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Just the fact that we would have Devin Harris, Carmelo Anthony and Brook Lopez in our starting lineup is already better than the Bulls and Celtics.

Add the fact that the Nets will actually have some pretty good depth with Farmar, T-Will and Outlaw off the bench and I think they can do some damage.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 01:12 AM

Hopefully

looking at the roster, odds are that team would be horrible defensively. i'm not saying that they will be a crap team because of that, i just think that it's gonna be tough to compete against the elites if u don't have a good balance. to me NJN with this trade will look like a high powered offensive team that won't play good defense, while the bulls and celtics appear to have great balance (I think chicago needs a bit more scoring). all in all, this trade definitely makes the Nets a good team, but i think they need more pieces. if this trade happens, we'll definitely see.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:20 AM
looking at the roster, odds are that team would be horrible defensively. i'm not saying that they will be a crap team because of that, i just think that it's gonna be tough to compete against the elites if u don't have a good balance. to me NJN with this trade will look like a high powered offensive team that won't play good defense, while the bulls and celtics appear to have great balance (I think chicago needs a bit more scoring). all in all, this trade definitely makes the Nets a good team, but i think they need more pieces. if this trade happens, we'll definitely see.

I'm not saying we will be a great defensive team, but Avery Johnson has come in and made it a key point to make good defensive players out of our guys.

It is yet to be seen what the Nets can do, but we have some guys with some defensive potential, especially Harris and T-Will. And Avery came in and wants them to fulfill their potential.

You can't use last year as an example. I don't care what you say, but the our players are going to play a million times harder for Avery Johnson then they ever did for Kiki. It is yet to be seen how good they can be, but if your thinking the Nets are going to be like the Warriors in terms of defense, I disagree.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm not saying we will be a great defensive team, but Avery Johnson has come in and made it a key point to make good defensive players out of our guys.

It is yet to be seen what the Nets can do, but we have some guys with some defensive potential, especially Harris and T-Will. And Avery came in and wants them to fulfill their potential.

You can't use last year as an example. I don't care what you say, but the our players are going to play a million times harder for Avery Johnson then they ever did for Kiki. It is yet to be seen how good they can be, but if your thinking the Nets are going to be like the Warriors in terms of defense, I disagree.
i don't think they'll be Warrior-bad at defense, but i think they'll be bad. they don't have good defensive players and will struggle against bigger opponents. they'll surely play better D than last year because of avery, but i just dont see them being good enough to beat the top 5 east teams. i even think milwaukee is better than them if they're healthy. like i said, i think they need some more pieces. also, Harris has to prove he is really a star PG. i'm not convinced after his 1 good season, especially after last year. i know he was injured, but still...

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Harris/Farmar
Morrow/TWill
Melo/James
Outlaw/James
Lopez/Petro

It all depends on chemistry but that is a solid *** team.

:eyebrow: You have Outlaw as your starting Power Forward with an unknown SF backing him up and his clone backing up Melo.

And to the guy who said 2- 5 seed, wake up man ...

This team will fight for the 7 and 8 seeds. If you disagree then tell me who they will be better than from 1 - 6 seeds (Heat, Celts, Bulls, Hawks, Bucks, Magic)

I for one don't see any defense or rebounding from this team ... ^
I like Murphy and I think T-Will deserves to start and be given a chance.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:37 AM
i don't think they'll be Warrior-bad at defense, but i think they'll be bad. they don't have good defensive players and will struggle against bigger opponents. they'll surely play better D than last year because of avery, but i just dont see them being good enough to beat the top 5 east teams. i even think milwaukee is better than them if they're healthy. like i said, i think they need some more pieces. also, Harris has to prove he is really a star PG. i'm not convinced after his 1 good season, especially after last year. i know he was injured, but still...

I would bet almost anything Harris has another All Star type year if the Nets get Melo. He will be much improved over last year even without Melo.

In 2008-09 when he had his All Star year, The Nets ran the dribble drive system where Devin Harris would drive the ball and if he didn't have a layup he would kick the ball out and let our shooters shoot. This worked pretty well that year because we had guys like Bobby Simmons, Jarvis Hayes and Keyon Dooling having career best years from the 3point line. When they hit their three's defenses are forced to guard them, opening up the lane for Devin.

We all know Devin Harris is far from the best shooter, but when he is getting 1 on 1 matchups, he is one of the best in the league at either getting a layup, getting to the line or creating an open mid range jumper, which he can hit on a consistent basis.

Last year Kiki's main gameplan was to pound the ball inside to Brook and Yi, add the fact that we had horrible 3 point shooting and it will result in a terrible year for Devin. I'm surprised his numbers were as decent as they were to tell you the truth. Teams weren't forced to guard our perimeter guys and the lanes were constantly clogged because of our lack of a true gameplan.

I know I'm a Nets fan, and I'm biased as ****. But I'm as certain as it gets that Devin Harris will have a very good year.

Does any of that make sense to you haha? Or do I just sound like a crazy Nets fan?

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 01:45 AM
He already said he would sign an extension with the Nets. And I would argue that the Nets are better.

You shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. Not unless Lebron retires early is Carmelo ever going to get close to winning a ring in his career if this trade goes down.

Antipod
09-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Who`s next? I bet there`ll be a few "more" candidates till February )

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 01:48 AM
I would bet almost anything Harris has another All Star type year if the Nets get Melo. He will be much improved over last year even without Melo.

In 2008-09 when he had his All Star year, The Nets ran the dribble drive system where Devin Harris would drive the ball and if he didn't have a layup he would kick the ball out and let our shooters shoot. This worked pretty well that year because we had guys like Bobby Simmons, Jarvis Hayes and Keyon Dooling having career best years from the 3point line. When they hit their three's defenses are forced to guard them, opening up the lane for Devin.

We all know Devin Harris is far from the best shooter, but when he is getting 1 on 1 matchups, he is one of the best in the league at either getting a layup, getting to the line or creating an open mid range jumper, which he can hit on a consistent basis.

Last year Kiki's main gameplan was to pound the ball inside to Brook and Yi, add the fact that we had horrible 3 point shooting and it will result in a terrible year for Devin. I'm surprised his numbers were as decent as they were to tell you the truth. Teams weren't forced to guard our perimeter guys and the lanes were constantly clogged because of our lack of a true gameplan.

I know I'm a Nets fan, and I'm biased as ****. But I'm as certain as it gets that Devin Harris will have a very good year.

Does any of that make sense to you haha? Or do I just sound like a crazy Nets fan?

yea it kinda does make sense, but i wanna see him in big games with playoff intensity. that's how we'll see how good Devin really is. if this trade goes down, we'l definitely see the REAL Devin Harris.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 01:53 AM

You shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. Not unless Lebron retires early is Carmelo ever going to get close to winning a ring in his career if this trade goes down.

Did I say anything about LeBron or the Heat? I said i would argue the Nets with Melo are better than the Nuggets with Melo.

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to post, at least until you learn how to comprehend sentences.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:00 AM
yea it kinda does make sense, but i wanna see him in big games with playoff intensity. that's how we'll see how good Devin really is. if this trade goes down, we'l definitely see the REAL Devin Harris.

Yeah I want to see Devin in the playoffs also. He has done good in clutch moments for us, but never in a game as important as a playoff game. I don't remember how he did when he went to the Finals with Dallas.

But I think he is going to kill it this year, Anthony Morrow is one of the best shooters in the game, Outlaw gets it done from beyond the arc and Damion James' stroke looked pretty good in Summer League. If we get Melo thats even more attention drawn away from Devin and if not we'll still have Troy Murphy who can light it up from 3, and since he is a PF that is just opening up the lane even more for Devin.

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=SouthSideRookie;14950773]

Did I say anything about LeBron or the Heat? I said i would argue the Nets with Melo are better than the Nuggets with Melo.

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to post, at least until you learn how to comprehend sentences.

I know exactly what you meant, NO way in hell are the Nets better than the Nuggets, please, get real.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE=G-Bay New J;14950828]

I know exactly what you meant, NO way in hell are the Nets better than the Nuggets, please, get real.

Will you explain to me why?

Billups
K-Mart (Always hurt)
Nene
J.R.

Your telling me that is sooo much better than..

Devin Harris
Brook Lopez
Terrence Williams
Travis Outlaw/Anthony Morrow

abe_froman
09-21-2010, 02:21 AM
if den is good with trading him,they should do...probably best type of package they can get

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 02:21 AM
[QUOTE=SouthSideRookie;14950894]

Will you explain to me why?

Billups
K-Mart (Always hurt)
Nene
J.R.

Your telling me that is sooo much better than..

Devin Harris
Brook Lopez
Terrence Williams
Travis Outlaw/Anthony Morrow

Why do people insist on making these player vs player comparisons

Denver is a top 3 seed in the west. Let's not even begin with what the Nets have done here as of late! There is a reason why the Nets have more assets than the other teams involved(especially first rounders), i'll let you guess why that is.

RCarlson85
09-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Good, I would rather he go to the Nets than the Knicks or Bulls. I like NJ's young talent and their new owner. He seems totally committed to putting a winning team on the court. This would be a huge step in that direction.

RCarlson85
09-21-2010, 02:25 AM
[QUOTE=G-Bay New J;14950921]

Denver is a top 3 seed in the west. Let's not even begin with what the Nets have done here as of late! There is a reason why the Nets have more assets than the other teams involved(especially first rounders), i'll let you guess why that is.

I don't think the Nets plus Melo would be better than the Nuggets have been with Melo. The Nets would have a good young team with lots of potential, but the Nuggets have proven talent and leadership.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2010, 02:28 AM
the Nuggets with Melo are way better than the Nets with Melo. they've proven they can make a playoff run and challenge LA. NJ will need more than Melo if they wanna become elite.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:29 AM

It was to my knowledge that the Nets had a new owner, new management, new coaching staff, and new players.

But oh yeah they sucked last year, that means they are going to suck for forever.

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Denver is a top 3 seed in the west

Let's not tell lies.

Nuggets were tied for the 4th-5th seed in the West, and played 6 more games than the Nets.

And that was last season.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm not saying the Nets with Melo are better than the Nugs with Melo, I'm just saying it is a lot closer than you guys are making it out to be.

Give the Nets a season or two to develop some chemistry and build young talent and I'm sure the Nets with Melo is better than the Nugs with him.

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=SouthSideRookie;14950951]

Let's not tell lies.

Nuggets were tied for the 4th-5th seed in the West, and played 6 more games than the Nets.

And that was last season.

Lies?? You do realize that teams in the west are seperated by a few games. The Nuggets challenged the Lakers two seasons ago, they resemble an elite team with Melo.

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14951005]

Lies??

Yeah, lies.

Were Nuggets 3rd seed in the West last season, or is that a lie?

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14951005]

Lies?? You do realize that teams in the west are seperated by a few games. The Nuggets challenged the Lakers two seasons ago, they resemble an elite team with Melo.

Nobody is questioning that the Nuggets are an elite team with Melo, but to say the Nets would barely make the playoffs with him in the East is crazy.

Kashmir13579
09-21-2010, 02:42 AM
melo on the nets would be sooooo lame. ew. i can't even imagine him wearing that jersey. good thing this probably won't happen.

Kashmir13579
09-21-2010, 02:44 AM

some people choose not to realize that.

SouthSideRookie
[QUOTE=SouthSideRookie;14951030]

Yeah, lies.

Were Nuggets 3rd seed in the West last season, or is that a lie?

Dude you're making a fool out of yourself, ther Nuggets season was derailed by the unfortunate circumstances that arose with their head coach. Who in their right mind is going to try and compare a team that was a contender in a much tougher conference than a team that almost set an NBA record in losses smh!

llemon
Nobody is questioning that the Nuggets are an elite team with Melo, but to say the Nets would barely make the playoffs with him in the East is crazy.

Depends on who Nets would give up for 'Melo.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm not saying the Nets with Melo are better than the Nugs with Melo, I'm just saying it is a lot closer than you guys are making it out to be.

Give the Nets a season or two to develop some chemistry and build young talent and I'm sure the Nets with Melo is better than the Nugs with him.

Not even close. Nuggets have Billups/Lawson and a pretty good bench to go along a very good frontcourt and have proven to be playoff bound and threaten the West.

If Melo goes to the Nets for only Murphy/Favors then I don't see them going far with a weak frontcourt, Lopez is gonna be pretty lonely.

But hey, if we're talking about 1-2 years from now ... why would Melo go to a team who will be better than his current team in 1 or 2 years?

TBH I think Nets should keep their frontcourt and let T-Will develop
Lopez/
Murphy/Favors
T-Will/Outlaw

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Dude you're making a fool out of yourself, ther Nuggets season was derailed by the unfortunate circumstances that arose with their head coach. Who in their right mind is going to try and compare a team that was a contender in a much tougher conference than a team that almost set an NBA record in losses smh!

Dude, were Nuggets a top 3 seed in the West, or did you and are you still lying?

Kashmir13579
09-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Dude, were Nuggets a top 3 seed in the West, or did you and are you still lying?

you sound like bill o'reilly.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14951046]

If your going to use the excuse of George Karl for the way the Nuggets season ended, I will use the excuse of Kiki Vandeweghe being the worst coach in the NBA resulting in the Nets almost breaking that record.

Kashmir13579
09-21-2010, 02:50 AM
does anyone realize that if he goes to the knicks he will have the #1 selling jersey; on the nets it'll be like 14th-16th

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:52 AM
you sound like bill o'reilly.

Does Bill call liars 'liars'?

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 02:53 AM

They were a 2 seed two seasons ago and were in contention last season for a top seed for a good portion of the season and fell to a 4th seed. Is that not considered a team that's capable of being a top 3 seed! :facepalm:

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:53 AM
does anyone realize that if he goes to the knicks he will have the #1 selling jersey; on the nets it'll be like 14th-16th

Yes, Net fans are very concerned about that.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=SouthSideRookie;14951069]

If your going to use the excuse of George Karl for the way the Nuggets season ended, I will use the excuse of Kiki Vandeweghe being the worst coach in the NBA resulting in the Nets almost breaking that record.

Kmon man, don't compare what happened to George Karl with anything ...especially 70 losses.

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:56 AM
They were a 2 seed two seasons ago and were in contention for a top seed for a good portion of the season and fell to a 4th seed. Is that not considered a team that's capable of being a top 3 seed! :facepalm:

Did your post say 'capable of being a 3rd seed in the West' or 'are a 3rd seed in the West' in your original post claiming Denver is a 3rd seed in the West.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:57 AM

I'll buy one if he goes to the Nets.

Wait no I won't. I'll wait until the next season when the jersey says "Brooklyn" across the front. I'm sure a lot of people will join me in buying the jersey with "Brooklyn" across the front.

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Did your post say 'capable of being a 3rd seed in the West' or 'are a 3rd seed in the West' in your original post claiming Denver is a 3rd seed in the West.

They were a 2 seed two seasons ago, and guess by how many games they missed out on a third seed? To me that's not called capable, they are proven.

llemon
09-21-2010, 02:59 AM
Kmon man, don't compare what happened to George Karl with anything ...especially 70 losses.

Nets lost 70 games, no doubt, and Nuggets got to play 6 more games than Nets did.

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE=G-Bay New J;14951095]

I'm not comparing anything that happened to George, I was just saying that if you realize how big a difference a coach can make you should be able to realize that the Nets dismal season was due in large part to our mentally challenged coach.

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Anyways, its a joke that we are even discussing or trying to compare whos better, its common sense!

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Nets lost 70 games, no doubt, and Nuggets got to play 6 more games than Nets did.
Dejavu, I'm sure you said that already.
:confused: And your point is?

llemon
09-21-2010, 03:02 AM
They were a 2 seed two seasons ago, and guess by how many games they missed out on a third seed? To me that's not called capable, they are proven.

It's called being tied for 4th-5th seed and a 1st rd exit.

Guess that capability is why Carmelo wants to remain a Nugget so badly.

llemon
09-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Dejavu, I'm sure you said that already.
:confused: And your point is?

Just responding to your post reminding us Nets lost 70 games last season.

What's your point?

SouthSideRookie
09-21-2010, 03:06 AM
It's called being tied for 4th-5th seed and a 1st rd exit.

Guess that capability is why Carmelo wants to remain a Nugget so badly.

A Net fan trying to diss a perennial contender, wow I can now say i've seen it all. :facepalm:

I'll let someone else with common sense take it from here

llemon
09-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Anyways, its a joke that we are even discussing or trying to compare whos better, its common sense!

Right now both teams 0-0

Nets are young and better than they were last season.

Nuggets are old, and their best player wants out.

Let's see what happens

llemon
09-21-2010, 03:09 AM
A Net fan trying to diss a perennial contender, wow I can now say i've seen it all. :facepalm:

I'll let someone else with common sense take it from here

But you can't contradict my post, as I post the truth, and you lie.

NBA-GMaster
09-21-2010, 03:09 AM
If the Nuggets decide to trade Melo, Here's my top 5 destination:
1: Chicago Bulls (Best Asset: Noah)
2: Houston Rockets (Best Assets: 2 NY's 1st rd pick)
3: New Jersey Nets (Best Asset: Favors/Harris)
4: New York Knicks
5: Los Angeles Clippers

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Oh my God.... Llemon Isn't even dissing the Nuggets!

Your just making them out to sound like they are the best in the West and constantly contending for a title, which is not true. And nobody is saying the Nets would do a better job of contending for a title with him, but with a fresh start in Brooklyn, a billionaire owner and young talent why not give it a try??

What does Carmelo have to look forward to in Denver?

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Oh my God.... Llemon Isn't even dissing the Nuggets!

Your just making them out to sound like they are the best in the West and constantly contending for a title, which is not true. And nobody is saying the Nets would do a better job of contending for a title with him, but with a fresh start in Brooklyn, a billionaire owner and young talent why not give it a try??

What does Carmelo have to look forward to in Denver?

A better team than the Nets

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 03:15 AM
A better team than the Nets

For what? 1 more year? :facepalm:

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-21-2010, 03:16 AM
For what? 1 more year? :facepalm:

1 more year? explain

NBA-GMaster
09-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Orlando would be nice destination for Melo.. Melo and Dwight :drool:

G-Bay New J
09-21-2010, 03:21 AM
1 more year? explain

Nuggets are old! Nets are young, even if we give up a 1st rounder we still have many more draft picks, so we are going to have young talent for a long time.

Nets are moving to Brooklyn, that is already going to cause a lot of excitement among NBA players, if they move to Brooklyn with a player like Melo it will cause even more excitement. I would bet future free agents would much rather join Carmelo Anthony in Brooklyn compared to joining Amare Stoudemire.

llemon
09-21-2010, 03:23 AM
1 more year? explain

Have you heard? 'Melo wants out of Denver.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-21-2010, 04:27 AM
And wtf is up with all the Melo to Lakers pipedreaming in this thread?

I can guarantee you that Bret Bearup and the Kroenkes would rather let Melo walk for nothing than trade him to the Lakers.

@thashark316 Nets, Lakers, Rockets, maybe Bulls. But Knicks definite No. 1 choice.

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/25043313864

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-21-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm not. The only way he could possibly end up in L.A. is with the Clippers. The Lakers simply don't have the right combination of young talent, picks and expirings to outbid the other teams.

Not to mention that there's no way in hell the Nuggets trade Melo to the Lakers. They've got just as good a chance of Boston trading them KG.

agreed

We have bynum and 2010 draft steals and 2011 1st rounder

But that isn't enough, and why to fix it, if it ain't broken

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Rose isnt a top 10 player...

Who said he was?

RulerSlick
09-21-2010, 09:23 AM
that melo on the nets scenario = sucks = far inferior to Melo on his current team

elonepb
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
that melo on the nets scenario = sucks = far inferior to Melo on his current team

He's not going to find a better situation, except maybe with the Bulls. but not if they give up Noah.

The Nets with Melo would be better than the Knicks with Melo (given what each team needs to trade to get him).

If he leaves Denver, he's not going to be going to a better team. He's just going to be changing teams.

DenButsu
09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
agreed

We have bynum and 2010 draft steals and 2011 1st rounder

But that isn't enough, and why to fix it, if it ain't broken
Bynum is a legit trade chip for sure. But he's somewhat of an injury risk, especially at his price tag.

Beyond that? What ate those (ahem) "steals"? A couple of second rounders. And that Lakers first? Worth even less.

And no salary relief to speak of.

Which means the Lakers can fulfill only one of the three requirements the Nuggets seek.

And again, they fail to meet a fourth, which is being a team the Nuggets would actually be willing to deal Melo to.

iggypop123
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
it wont happen. all this talk about the lakers. forget about it. bynum doesnt provide salary relief. best option is odom, sasha, fist rounder, and the two rookies who many have considered steals. of course there is no way the nuggets take that.

xbrackattackx
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Have you heard? 'Melo wants out of Denver.

No way!

Heater4life
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Nets would have a legit roster, i like the deal.

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14951046]

:eyebrow: Wow this sounds very familiar. Our coach didn't have cancer but Avery compared to Kiki is just as big of a difference if not more.

Basically I just hope people notice how much a team can suffer from lack of coaching.....

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/sports/basketball/21nba.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss)

Nuggets Shop Anthony, to the Knicks’ Dismay

The Denver Nuggets are lending an open ear to N.B.A. suitors clamoring for Carmelo Anthony, a potentially distressing development for the Knicks in their efforts to land the three-time All-Star.

In preliminary conversations, the Nuggets have told the Knicks that they do not possess the assets they are seeking if they decide to trade Anthony, according to a Knicks official. The official did not want to be identified because he was describing private conversations between the teams.

For the moment, the Knicks are left hoping that Anthony remains in Denver through this season, which would allow his contract to expire. If that happens, the Knicks could then pursue him in free agency with cap room that will be created by the departure of Eddy Curry.

That possibility would allow the Knicks to sign Anthony while retaining several key players: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Amar’e Stoudemire.

The Knicks can also hope that Anthony declines to sign an extension with any team to which he is traded. That, too, would allow him to become a free agent next summer and put the Knicks back in the mix.

But if Anthony is traded to another team and that team persuades him to sign an extension, the Knicks will be out of luck.

And in a twist that will make the Knicks and their fans even more frustrated, the Houston Rockets are one of the teams aggressively pursuing Anthony. The Rockets are doing it in part by offering at least one of the draft picks they acquired from the Knicks last February when, in a three-way trade that also involved the Sacramento Kings, the Knicks cleared Jared Jeffries’s salary off this year’s payroll and landed Tracy McGrady’s expiring contract.

The Rockets obtained the right to swap first-round picks with the Knicks in 2011 in the deal, which allows them to offer whichever pick is better to the Nuggets.

They can also offer the Nuggets the Knicks’ 2012 first-round choice, which they also obtained in the trade.

The picks give Houston flexibility in trade talks with Denver that the Knicks do not have. N.B.A. rules prohibit a team from trading first-round picks in consecutive years. So with their 2012 pick gone, the Knicks cannot trade their 2013 first-round pick as part of any deal for Anthony. That could be one reason Denver may be uninterested in what they can offer.

Denver is believed to be seeking a combination of draft picks, expiring contracts and young players with low salaries, according to ESPN.

The Nets have emerged as a front-runner if there is an Anthony trade, according to ESPN, which said they would be willing to trade Derrick Favors, the third pick in the June draft, a future first-round pick and the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries.

Houston, meanwhile, is prepared to offer a package centered on the shooting guard Kevin Martin and the Knicks’ draft picks, according to an N.B.A. executive who has had discussions with the Nuggets.

That executive, who does not work for the Knicks, said Anthony would prefer to go to New York, suggesting he might refuse to sign an extension with other teams. But the executive also said the Nets could be intriguing to Anthony because they are headed to Brooklyn.

The same executive said the Chicago Bulls had dropped out of the running for Anthony because they refused to include center Joakim Noah in a proposal.

beasted86
09-21-2010, 11:40 AM
So which ESPN is this? The one that said Wade & Bosh were almost a done deal to Chicago, or the one that said LeBron was going to NY?

I'm done believing ESPN until the trade finally happens.

As it is if any trade goes down, the Nets are left with trash at PF or trash at PG. Either way the Nets end up nowhere near a contender. They are better off keeping Favors, letting Murphy expire, and going after Carmelo in the summer.

dhopisthename
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM

I agree with your assesment, I don't care how good you might think noah is, you don't get that many opportunities to get a top ten player in the league especially one that is still in his prime.

gatorbait
09-21-2010, 11:43 AM
So which ESPN is this? The one that said Wade & Bosh were almost a done deal to Chicago, or the one that said LeBron was going to NY?

I'm done believing ESPN until the trade finally happens.

As it is if any trade goes down, the Nets are left with trash at PF or trash at PG. Either way the Nets end up nowhere near a contender. They are better off keeping Favors, letting Murphy expire, and going after Carmelo in the summer.

harris, melo and lopez is a pretty good trio.

beasted86
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
harris, melo and lopez is a pretty good trio.

No, not enough IMO... Outlaw isn't a PF, and Petro/Smith are trash.

The Nets have two options. 1) Try and wait for closer to the deadline so you can include Outlaw's salary in a trade and keep Murphy. 2) Wait until next summer and sign Carmelo outright.

But no way are they going anywhere in the East trading away all their PFs and having vet minimum guys starting, and weak depth up front in general. If Lopez gets injured or gets in foul trouble the Nets would be royally screwed every time.

The Ooh Child
09-21-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't really understand why Melo wants to leave Denver, and he is fine with going to Jersey. It feels like he is leaving a better situation to be a part of a worse situation.

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree with your assesment, I don't care how good you might think noah is, you don't get that many opportunities to get a top ten player in the league especially one that is still in his prime.

Agreed

Forbo
09-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't really understand why Melo wants to leave Denver, and he is fine with going to Jersey. It feels like he is leaving a better situation to be a part of a worse situation.

He has a good team but what else can they get done? Miami and Lakers look like for the next couple years will be the ones competing for a title. Melo has players that in 3 years may retire Chauncey, Kmart, Nene, Harrigton why stay with an old team that cant win anything?

Pierzynski4Prez
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Ha ha bulls fans

yep, because this is a done deal.

gatorbait
09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
He has a good team but what else can they get done? Miami and Lakers look like for the next couple years will be the ones competing for a title. Melo has players that in 3 years may retire Chauncey, Kmart, Nene, Harrigton why stay with an old team that cant win anything?

exatcly, not to mention lopez is becoming one of the best centers in the league.

arkanian215
09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Neither NJ or Den been told Melo will re-sign w/NJ. Until then, Melo-to-NJ all speculation. One exec told me Melo won't sign w/NJ.http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/25118485999

Just saying. CB works for ESPN so this source might as well be ESPN.