PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Thread: All non-news threads merged here - Part III

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

iggypop123
09-23-2010, 02:54 PM
IMO bullls should trade noah right now get melo and then call dampier and say how about you start for us?

The L Train
09-23-2010, 03:13 PM
via twitter:

TheNBAScoop: The NJ Nets reportedly offered Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy & a 1st round pick for Carmelo Anthony however the deal was turned down. -ESPN

Rego247
09-23-2010, 03:18 PM
via twitter:

TheNBAScoop: The NJ Nets reportedly offered Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy & a 1st round pick for Carmelo Anthony however the deal was turned down. -ESPN

favours is a great prospect, just shows how much a guy like anthony goes for on the trade market. and it was still turned down. wow.

THE MTL
09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I say if the Nets throw in Terrence Williams they might have it. Wow, if they really made this offer. Its a great starting point.

Chicagofaithful
09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
wow... the nuggets do realize they're not getting more than that right?

king4day
09-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Need a link, however this news is almost a week old. Moving to Melo thread.

beasted86
09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't get it...

Obviously by trading all of these pieces, the Nets believe that Carmelo has every intention to sign an extension once he's on the team. So if that's the case, why not keep Favors & their first, and sign Carmelo outright in the summer?

Nobody has come close to what the Nets are offering, so I can't believe they are afraid he'll be traded somewhere else and they won't be able to get him in the summer.

king4day
09-23-2010, 03:33 PM
^^^ I think the Knicks, Nets, and Bulls probably just don't think he'll last that long.
If the Bulls are a Noah away from a done deal, then NJ knows they don't have a great chance if they wait it out.

Mudvayne91
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
wow... the nuggets do realize they're not getting more than that right?

We shall see

Chicagofaithful
09-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Nuggs should just deal him already.. he's not staying... the best offers are being pitched RIGHT NOW... waiting only makes them lose leverage.... If they decide they want their pride more than other pieces.... they are stupid. Deal him to the nets for Favours... thats what I would do... and I'm a bulls fan...

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Bulls FO is on drug if they are unwilling to include Noah in this deal.

Niro
09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
i would still give up ellis and exp. for mello (+biedrins or wright if we get birdman back..i heard denver wants a big man ;)

Lloyd Christmas
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Denver can do better then that Nets deal. I'm not sold on Favors like others are and a first round pick will likely be a late first rounder since this would make NJ a playoff team. A team will make a better offer then that.

By the way Houston refusing to give up Kevin Martin in a deal is a joke. Same with the Bulls and Noah. Get real GM's.

The L Train
09-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Denver can do better then that Nets deal. I'm not sold on Favors like others are and a first round pick will likely be a late first rounder since this would make NJ a playoff team. A team will make a better offer then that.

By the way Houston refusing to give up Kevin Martin in a deal is a joke. Same with the Bulls and Noah. Get real GM's.

I wouldn't give up Martin in the deal either.

And the Bulls wouldn't be the same team without Noah, so i wouldn't do that either. The Bulls are a top 3 seed as is, they don't need Carmelo, certainly not if it means breaking up the team.

SouthSideRookie
09-23-2010, 04:12 PM

It's not that they are refusing to trade Martin but the fact of the matter is that the Nuggets appearantly dont want his 3yr $36mill contact.

To be honest I dont think the Bulls have a shot, Dengs contract is 4yr $51.3 and on top of that, why would Denver want Dengs and Noah especially if they know that Noah will be looking for big money, hence the reason why the Bulls would consider trading him.

Denver is looking for cap relief and the Bulls dont provide that. I think that if Denver gets desperate they will ultimately take whatever the knicks offer is, I doubt that happens but im just saying IF it came to that.

Im really starting to hope the Rockets dont trade for him, just him prefering to play somewhere to suit his lifestyle vs having a legit chance at winning a ring is a really big red flag on what exactly his prorities are

J4KOP99
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Let's say one of these teams gets Carmelo.(These are the teams that have been recently thrown around as possible locations.)

The Nets- They give up Favors(I doubt they give up Lopez) Murphy and Humphries... as well as a future 1st round pick. Then their core would be Harris, Carmelo and Lopez... They have a below-average supporting cast and aren't even close to matching up with the top 3 or 4 teams in the East. The Heat, Celtics, Magic and Hawks are all far better than the potential Nets roster.

The Bulls- They don't want to part ways with Noah so theyre offer is something like Deng, Taj Gibson and a future first rounder. Put it this way, if they have to give up Noah in a Melo deal, it's not worth it.(You are going to need size) If they give up deng and gibson, theyre losing important depth. They would have a solid core of guys with Rose, Melo, Boozer and Noah but lack depth. Look at the best teams... they have ridiculous size and a ton of depth at each position. Now with Melo, they have no financial leverage to bring anyone in and have to win with the team they have. (Which they will not)

The Knicks- Who are they going to give up that would be equal to one of the possible Nets or Bulls deals? They don't have draft picks and I don't think a package of Curry, Gallinari/chandler/randolph(1 or 2 of the 3) and others will do the job. But let's say they do give up Gallinari/Randolph and Curry. Now they have a team(with no financial help) that is focused around Carmelo and Amar'e. They will lose either a solid scorer/player in Gallinari or they're size with randolph. How on earth can they match up against the top 4 teams in the east? It's not like they will have a lot of money, if any, this upcoming off-season after signing melo... there aren't many places to go.

The Rockets- If they give up Kevin Martin(which I've heard they're not willing to do) and some others, they still have a nice group surrounding carmelo. They definitely would be the best team on paper(as long as they don't give up anyone crazy) but they still can't beat the Lakers and in all honesty, I doubt the Nuggets trade Carmelo onto another team in the West.

This is a tough spot for all of the teams involved. The best bet would be for these teams to wait until the off-season to sign him but Carmelo wants to get traded/sign during this season so he can get the current money.

I just think any team trading for him, will give up too much and still won't be able to win a championship in the next 2, 3, 4 years. If I were these teams, I would either wait til the off-season or head in another direction.

IndyRealist
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
What happened to merging all the Melo threads into one so it doesn't clog up the site?

White_Mike
09-23-2010, 04:30 PM
That's why he's gonna get traded for nothing or sign with the Knicks in the offseason.

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Carmelo is a superstar that can push any of these teams into the playoffs, (if they aren't already favoured to make them) , and in the coming years as young teams like the Nets and Bulls, develop he can turn them into contenders for many years. Especially with Bostons window closing, any team that lands Carmelo will be a perennial playoff team and IMO, depending on what happens in the future, a Championship threat.

Chill_Will_24
09-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Its a testament to how ridiculous this drama is getting that we have Knicks fans telling Nets fans how crappy the Nets are and how much better Manhattan is than Brooklyn. Crap telling vomit it stinks... Isn't the entire mantra this year for the Knicks about how they are so young and only have a handful of returning players and are a brand new team??? The Nets are exactly the same in those regards... 12 win team right? Who was the coach? How many players can you name from that team? Ugh... Sometimes Knicks fans make me sick. Flaming a poor team when their own teams biggest accomplishment was overpaying a man whose bad knees are sure to catch up to him soon and has yet to prove he can play without a great PG. Anyway stop bashing each other cuz mo matter what both teams are better than last year. This is a Melo thread not a "my team used to suck real bad but now we don't suck as bad as you did last year" thread...

SouthSideRookie
09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Let's say one of these teams gets Carmelo.(These are the teams that have been recently thrown around as possible locations.)

The Nets- They give up Favors(I doubt they give up Lopez) Murphy and Humphries... as well as a future 1st round pick. Then their core would be Harris, Carmelo and Lopez... They have a below-average supporting cast and aren't even close to matching up with the top 3 or 4 teams in the East. The Heat, Celtics, Magic and Hawks are all far better than the potential Nets roster.

The Bulls- They don't want to part ways with Noah so theyre offer is something like Deng, Taj Gibson and a future first rounder. Put it this way, if they have to give up Noah in a Melo deal, it's not worth it.(You are going to need size) If they give up deng and gibson, theyre losing important depth. They would have a solid core of guys with Rose, Melo, Boozer and Noah but lack depth. Look at the best teams... they have ridiculous size and a ton of depth at each position. Now with Melo, they have no financial leverage to bring anyone in and have to win with the team they have. (Which they will not)

The Knicks- Who are they going to give up that would be equal to one of the possible Nets or Bulls deals? They don't have draft picks and I don't think a package of Curry, Gallinari/chandler/randolph(1 or 2 of the 3) and others will do the job. But let's say they do give up Gallinari/Randolph and Curry. Now they have a team(with no financial help) that is focused around Carmelo and Amar'e. They will lose either a solid scorer/player in Gallinari or they're size with randolph. How on earth can they match up against the top 4 teams in the east? It's not like they will have a lot of money, if any, this upcoming off-season after signing melo... there aren't many places to go.

The Rockets- If they give up Kevin Martin(which I've heard they're not willing to do) and some others, they still have a nice group surrounding carmelo. They definitely would be the best team on paper(as long as they don't give up anyone crazy) but they still can't beat the Lakers and in all honesty, I doubt the Nuggets trade Carmelo onto another team in the West.

This is a tough spot for all of the teams involved. The best bet would be for these teams to wait until the off-season to sign him but Carmelo wants to get traded/sign during this season so he can get the current money.

I just think any team trading for him, will give up too much and still won't be able to win a championship in the next 2, 3, 4 years. If I were these teams, I would either wait til the off-season or head in another direction.

Wow, and Laker fans say Heat fans are delusional :facepalm:

D-Block21-Chito
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Bulls FO is on drug if they are unwilling to include Noah in this deal.

Your not kidding. Espn has 70% of illinois voters saying noah is worth more....... What is wrong with my nieghbors ?????????????

Kevj77
09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Nuggets have to make a deal. They will be dealing from a weak position because teams won't want to rent Melo he has to be willing to sign an extension with whoever lands him and everyone knows he is gone after the season if they don't move him or he would have already signed the max extension he was offered like Durant did with the Thunder.

Nuggets will want a deal like the Lakers gave for Gasol. They will want promising young talent, expiring contracts and picks. I know people ripped that deal, but that's what they will want. They won't want overpaid players with 3-4 years left on their contracts. If Melo leaves they will be rebuilding and probably move Billups and go with Ty Lawson. You rebuild around young players with cap space and picks.

Giaps
09-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Your not kidding. Espn has 70% of illinois voters saying noah is worth more....... What is wrong with my nieghbors ?????????????
I like Noah but he seems like a glorified Marcus Camby to me. Not somebody you don't trade for a superstar.

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 05:12 PM

I like Noah's hustle (I am gator), but he is a role player and Melo is a superstar and a top 5-7 player in the league. Yes, I think it's dumb not to give him up for Melo.

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Melo to knicks would be ideal for the nba IMO. East is getting stacked. Lakers will have an easier path in the playoffs compared to the eastern contenders (Heat, Celtics, and Magic).

JordansBulls
09-23-2010, 05:16 PM

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

Slimsim
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I wish he would sign that extension already. Or trade him to NJ for favors and Lopez or to the bulls for Noah and rose. Either way who ever trades for melo is going to lose and important piece. would make getting to the playoffs much easier.

Lloyd Christmas
09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Melo to knicks would be ideal for the nba IMO. East is getting stacked. Lakers will have an easier path in the playoffs compared to the eastern contenders (Heat, Celtics, and Magic).

Lets not say that quite yet. I do like the top seeds in the East with MIA, BOS, ORL, but after that they are still nothing great. That means the top seeds in the East will most likely only face 1 or 2 really tough matchups in the Eastern bracket of the playoffs.

The West is still much stronger 1-8.

The East is getting closer though no doubt about it.

TheGsw
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
East is stronger then the West, so by him going to the East the Warriors will have a better shot to make the playoffs. lol

VinceCarter
09-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I say if the Nets throw in Terrence Williams they might have it. Wow, if they really made this offer. Its a great starting point.

:laugh:

That's not a starting point that is pretty much the ending point.

Maybe they'd try another draft pick or two but that trade is perfect the way it is. The Nuggets are just being very demanding right now. In a week this proposal will probably look like gold to them.

imagesrdecievin
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
tactical error on Denver to drag this out.

I know I'm in the minority on this - but it seems as if the offers aren't getting any better.

NJ says no Favors, Chi says no Noah, Hou says no Martin.

Where is the bidding war?

JerseysFinest
09-23-2010, 10:58 PM
it doesn't make sense for them to drag it out. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up like the N.O. situation with CP3, where the Hornets acquired a really good player just to prove they are serious about contending in the West, and he admitted he was happy

Forbo
09-23-2010, 11:00 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this - but it seems as if the offers aren't getting any better.

NY says no...wait

VinceCarter
09-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Exactly. I really think Denver is just going to keep him now if they won't trade him for trade him for proposed deals.

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 11:04 PM

:facepalm: Martin is one of the most overrated players in the game today. Get this done Houston!

scutch11
09-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Exactly. I really think Denver is just going to keep him now if they won't trade him for trade him for proposed deals.

i agree with this. let me tell you, the deals will not be getting any better as time goes on. teams like the knicks and nets would rather get him through free agency so they dont have to give up their young prospects. if denver really wants to get fair value, they better make a move soon

VinceCarter
09-23-2010, 11:30 PM
i agree with this. let me tell you, the deals will not be getting any better as time goes on. teams like the knicks and nets would rather get him through free agency so they dont have to give up their young prospects. if denver really wants to get fair value, they better make a move soon

They are playing this far too stupidly if they are serious about moving him. If they took the supposed NJ deal with Favors, Murphy and a 1st rounder they'd be well off.

Great future with Lawson, Favors and the 1st round pick. Then Murphy coming off the books gives them a lot of cap relief. That deal would be a great jump start to rebuilding. Then they could also move Billups soon and get more young talent.

oak2455
09-23-2010, 11:38 PM
They are playing this far too stupidly if they are serious about moving him. If they took the supposed NJ deal with Favors, Murphy and a 1st rounder they'd be well off.

Great future with Lawson, Favors and the 1st round pick. Then Murphy coming off the books gives them a lot of cap relief. That deal would be a great jump start to rebuilding. Then they could also move Billups soon and get more young talent.

You gotta wonder what is Denver thinking.....the longer this drags out its in favor of the Knicks and Nets....

IBleedPurple
09-23-2010, 11:43 PM
If Melo was going from the Nuggets to the Nets (minus Favors, Murphy, and ___).....would this really be about winning a championship?

Denver doesn't have to take a deal like what the Nets offered. It's really not that great TBH. Why people wonder what Denver is thinking, I have no clue. They have a top 7 player in the league, and they can be patient with what deals come along. Best for them would be a big man, a talented young guy, and one or two expirings or a 1st rd pick

VinceCarter
09-24-2010, 12:23 AM
If Melo was going from the Nuggets to the Nets (minus Favors, Murphy, and ___).....would this really be about winning a championship?

Denver doesn't have to take a deal like what the Nets offered. It's really not that great TBH. Why people wonder what Denver is thinking, I have no clue. They have a top 7 player in the league, and they can be patient with what deals come along. Best for them would be a big man, a talented young guy, and one or two expirings or a 1st rd pick

Favors has some of the best potential** you're going to find in return for Melo. Not to mention the kid is :censored: 19 YEARS OLD!! You can rebuild around that for a good 10 years :laugh2:

**And yes, you may say that is potential to be great but that is what you have to hope for in this rebuilding process they'd be in. He can easily be an all-star with the potential to be a superstar.

Just thinking about such a trade makes me wonder if the Nets would be better off keeping Favors and collecting another lottery player or two before they are a consistent playoff team around Brookyln time (2012).

Robbw241
09-24-2010, 12:28 AM

The longer this goes on the less you are going to get.

VinceCarter
09-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Sources tell CBSSports.com that Melo's camp remains insistent upon a trade to New York, New Jersey or Chicago. (Two executives expressed doubts Thursday about Houston's level of involvement in the sweepstakes, saying Anthony's people have not been pushing a Rockets deal.)....

The scenario both sides are most comfortable with to this point remains New Jersey, which can offer No. 3 overall pick Derrick Favors, the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries, and multiple draft picks (with Golden State's 2012 first-rounder potentially the most valuable). The Nuggets, for good reason, want Brook Lopez, whom the Nets don't want to trade -- and whom Anthony wants on his team. So the Nets, according to sources, have been canvassing the league for a trading partner, with the most likely result continuing to be sending guard Devin Harris to a third team that possesses a skilled wing player the Nuggets would view as a decent replacement for Anthony.

New Fred Kerber article. (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14003341/karl-could-be-nuggets-last-hope-in-keeping-melo)

IBleedPurple
09-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Favors has some of the best potential** you're going to find in return for Melo. Not to mention the kid is :censored: 19 YEARS OLD!! You can rebuild around that for a good 10 years :laugh2:

**And yes, you may say that is potential to be great but that is what you have to hope for in this rebuilding process they'd be in. He can easily be an all-star with the potential to be a superstar.

Just thinking about such a trade makes me wonder if the Nets would be better off keeping Favors and collecting another lottery player or two before they are a consistent playoff team around Brookyln time (2012).

Favors does have potential, but so did Beasley & Oden. Draft players that high are usually pretty good, but it's still a crapshoot.

The longer this goes on the less you are going to get.

Says who? It's been widely publicized that some teams are scurrying to make a 3 team deal work so it is a better deal for the Nuggets. That would in turn mean that with a better deal, we are getting more from it. :D

VinceCarter
09-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Favors does have potential, but so did Beasley & Oden. Draft players that high are usually pretty good, but it's still a crapshoot.

Are you trying to tell me Oden sucks? :speechless:

When he's on the floor he's great. If he can play a full season he could be something great.

And I know it's a crapshoot that's why I said potential. Also you forgot about Hasheem Thabeet although I wouldn't count him out so early yet.

Chicagofaithful
09-24-2010, 02:18 AM
If the nets get melo... fml

jimbobjarree
09-24-2010, 03:52 AM
lets go nets!

DerekRE_3
09-24-2010, 03:53 AM
lets go nets!

I heard that Deron is next since Melo is requesting a trade. Sounds pretty official too.

Red222
09-24-2010, 05:54 AM
The New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls have engaged in serious trade negotiations to obtain Anthony, providing competition for services of the all-star forward.

While the Bulls and Nets are possible destinations for Anthony, any talk of New Jersey center Brook Lopez being included in a deal seems dead, leaving Chicago to mull whether to up the ante by offering big man Joakim Noah in trade
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16159987:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 08:47 AM
The Bulls are "out of it" for now, said one executive privy to Chicago's insistence on keeping Joakim Noah and the Nuggets' refusal to take back Luol Deng. The Knicks, having dealt their 2012 first-round pick to Houston as well as the rights to swap 2011 first-rounders with the Rockets in the trade that created the cap space that was their only chance to land LeBron James, need a trading partner willing to sweeten their offer with an attractive first-round pick. Even then, the assets the Knicks have to offer aren't appealing to Denver. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14003341/karl-could-be-nuggets-last-hope-in-keeping-melo

The New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls have engaged in serious trade negotiations to obtain Anthony, providing competition for services of the all-star forward.

While the Bulls and Nets are possible destinations for Anthony, any talk of New Jersey center Brook Lopez being included in a deal seems dead, leaving Chicago to mull whether to up the ante by offering big man Joakim Noah in trade
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16159987
:facepalm:

Giaps
09-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Sources say nobody knows what the hell is going on.

D-Block21-Chito
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I would love to see Deron and Melo with the knicks with amare! That would be awesome! Miami,Orlando,Knicks,Chicago then Boston would be new Rankings plus Bulls vs Knicks rivalry would be back!

effen5
09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
This whole thread is stupid like the Dwade thread, Bosh thread and the Bron thread.

Nobody knows what Denver is going to do, especially some ****in sources who basically pull **** out of their *****.

Remember these

"Bulls are the front runners for Lebron"

oh wait

"Knicks are now the front runners for Lebron"

but no

"NJN are now the front runners for Bron"

but wait according to WWW

"Lebrons going to Chicago"

same **** here

THE GIPPER
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Sources say nobody knows what the hell is going on.

hahaha yes

Hindy27
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I have always assumed 'sources' was a journalistic term for 'IMO'.

Back to the so called trade options, it looks like NY, Bulls and NJ have started the downward spiral of negotiations.

The Bulls won't give up Noah and can't force Deng onto Denver, so now surely the Nets will lower the 'here, take our franchise' deal that has been thrown around as well. So the Knicks will come back into play.

Then the Nuggets will be forced to decide between 3 offers that are nowhere near what they have been asking for. These teams may be trying to outbid each other, but only to a certain point.

As Nuggets fan said before "they aren't going to take the most lowball offer", very correct, they'd be stupid to do that. They will though end up taking the best one out of 3 lowball offers.:D

Confusious
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry, but Noah is not worth more than Melo.

That is just LUDICROUS.

oak2455
09-24-2010, 11:46 AM
This whole thread is stupid like the Dwade thread, Bosh thread and the Bron thread.

Nobody knows what Denver is going to do, especially some ****in sources who basically pull **** out of their *****.

Remember these

"Bulls are the front runners for Lebron"

oh wait

"Knicks are now the front runners for Lebron"

but no

"NJN are now the front runners for Bron"

but wait according to WWW

"Lebrons going to Chicago"

same **** here

Couldnt agree with you more :clap::clap::clap::clap: Nobody knows:eyebrow:

DenButsu
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM

That is just LUDICROUS.

Truth, and spoken by a man with Noah in his Bulls sig.

New Fred Kerber article. (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14003341/karl-could-be-nuggets-last-hope-in-keeping-melo)

If there's any truth to this one (and as with all such rumors, we should all be doubtful of that), then the question becomes:

Which teams a) need a point guard, and b) have a skilled wingman they'd be willing to give up for Harris?

ShaqShoes
09-24-2010, 12:28 PM

That is just LUDICROUS.
Exactly. How do the Bulls expect to contend without a player like Melo? Noah is valuable but even the Heat don't have a good center, IMO their top priority is to get a player like Melo who can propel them to the ECF at least. Having Boozer, Rose and Noah is not nearly as good as Boozer, Rose and Melo. Boozer and Rose are stars (at this point) and Noah is an above average starter. Melo is a super star. Seems like the Bulls should get this done.

Stunner
09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Asik (gonna be decent but would start Thomas the first half the season to settle him in)

ShaqShoes
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
If Melo does get traded when is it most likely to happen?

godolphins
09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Yahoo sports has a article about New Jersey being close to acquiring him.

iggypop123
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
i can see why the nuggets want expirings. the nuggets have a dampier situation with billups. even if his contract is 14 million only 3 of that is guaranteed. waived in addiiton to everyone else expriring. i think only nene would stay

THE GIPPER
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5610989

check it

THE GIPPER
09-24-2010, 01:26 PM
sounds almost too good to be true for nuggs...we'll see i guess

oak2455
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
sounds almost too good to be true for nuggs...we'll see i guess

I guess NJ wants a rental.. dk if this work unless Melo signs a extension :eyebrow:

VinceCarter
09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
The proposed deal, sources said, also would involve the Utah Jazz and the Charlotte Bobcats. It would deliver Nets rookie forward Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and multiple first-round picks to Denver in exchange for their franchise player, potentially bringing a resolution to Anthony's uncertain future before the Nuggets hold their first practice of the new season.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal, which has yet to be finalized, also would send former All-Star point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte, with Bobcats forward Boris Diaw moving to Utah.

The four teams, said one source close to the talks, are "seriously engaged" after extensive talks Thursday.

Assuming Melo would sign the extension would the Nets even win this deal? Would they even make out okay? They'd lose Devin Harris and Derrick Favors for Melo? (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5610989)

NYtilIdie
09-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I think if the Nets give up Harris for Melo it would just be a lateral move for Melo. Harris could really shine next to Melo like he did with Carter and by trading him that doesn't make the Nets that much better then the Nuggets. The only advantage is the Nets have is a better front-court because then you have Farmar starting PG and thats pale comparison compared to Billups, then Morrow at SG who is a better 3pt shooter then Affalo, but thats it.

I don't know, I feel the Favors, Murphy, Humpries, and a 1st is a better deal for NJ.

JerseysFinest
09-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Assuming Melo would sign the extension would the Nets even win this deal? Would they even make out okay? They'd lose Devin Harris and Derrick Favors for Melo? (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5610989)

it must mean behind the scenes, Avery and King believe he isn't ready or won't be that great as they were hyping him up to be. It'll be interesting to see if this happens.

Chicagofaithful
09-24-2010, 03:00 PM
IDk... to me the Nets giving up Harris and Favors is much much worse than the bulls giving up Noah... they will not be closer to contending at all even if they add a few more wins... w/e its a wash as far as I'm concerned, but frekan good deal for the Nuggets

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 03:36 PM

Not a good deal for the Nets.

metsbulls1025
09-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Why would Carmelo Anthony want to resign with them if they are getting rid of 2 of their most valuable assets? I keep hearing all these 4 way trade rumors, but everyone is forgetting the part about Melo wanting or not wanting to re up with NJ.

NYtilIdie
09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Some reports say he won't resign with the Nets, some say he will.

So its pretty much a huge gamble for NJ.

Robbw241
09-24-2010, 04:14 PM

The only way we will do the deal is if he commits to an extension right now. If not we won't do it.

oak2455
09-24-2010, 04:16 PM

so you think they make this deal wo a extension....that would be foolish...BTW great sig thats AR right??

NYtilIdie
09-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't know, it all depends on how much NJ wants Melo. If they desire to have him they might just take that gamble, but if they feel they can succeed with out him in the future (which they look like) they might just pass.

Its Azubuike, oak.

oak2455
09-24-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't know, it all depends on how much NJ wants Melo. If they desire to have him they might just take that gamble, but if they feel they can succeed with out him in the future (which they look like) they might just pass.

Its Azubuike, oak.

now hes hurt....I heard hes a pretty good player if so this team what they have already will be ok:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 06:34 PM

And a horrible gamble. If he doesn't want to stay in Denver a legit team, what would make him stay with a team that would be a borderline playoff team?

arkanian215
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
And a horrible gamble. If he doesn't want to stay in Denver a legit team, what would make him stay with a team that would be a borderline playoff team?

Do you really expect 34 year old Chauncey Billups to maintain his level of play or Ty Lawson to be as good as Billups?

ImThatDude
09-24-2010, 07:12 PM
IMO it seems like the teams after Melo are the ones that missed out on the LeBron sweepstakes and now they need a star inorder to appease their fanbases and that is also why they're so desperate. I don't understand the high asking price, he's not even worth it.

Now does Carmelo Anthony:

play defense? No
rebound? No
get his teammates involved? No
is he a leader? No
is he a model citizen? No

NYtilIdie
09-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Do you really expect 34 year old Chauncey Billups to maintain his level of play or Ty Lawson to be as good as Billups?

Thats what your asking Jordan Farmar to do if this deal goes through.

Evolution23
09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
the more i think about it , the less this trade makes sense for the Nets and Melo

JordansBulls
09-25-2010, 03:37 PM

It's better than going to NJ right now if Harris isn't going to be around.

daleja424
09-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I have to disagree strongly. Who is to say what is good for him? If he wants to be back near his home...maybe that is better for him...even in a less competitive climate. But beyond that even... NJ has a nice core and is built to get better every year while the Nuggets are cash strapped and maxed out.

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 03:42 PM
There is actually 0 gamble at all. If he doesn't agree to an extension now then we just won't do the deal

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I have to disagree strongly. Who is to say what is good for him? If he wants to be back near his home...maybe that is better for him...even in a less competitive climate. But beyond that even... NJ has a nice core and is built to get better every year while the Nuggets are cash strapped and maxed out.

There is actually 0 gamble at all. If he doesn't agree to an extension now then we just won't do the deal

These.

JordansBulls
09-25-2010, 04:51 PM

Which is why he probably wants Chicago or NY.

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Bulls need to be careful here. Shouldn't allow another team in the east to get that much better.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Bulls need to be careful here. Shouldn't allow another team in the east to get that much better.

Bulls need to trade Noah.

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Bulls need to trade Noah.

I agree. Not sure if I would even give him a 5 yr/50 million dollar deal. I would only do that if we were already legit contenders meaning favorites to win it all.

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Fwiw.

breaking news: Incarcerated bob is saying that the knicks turned down curry, gallo, randolph, douglas for melo.

This is from knicks board on another forum - and incarcerated bob is one of their reliable insiders. He has been reporting various stories correctly before they hit the news.

Niro
09-27-2010, 10:52 AM
lol knicks are dumb as **** if they turned that down...sure randolph and gallo are all star talents but they need a winning team NOW

CrotchetyOldMan
09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
the most ridiculous part of this whole fiasco is Melo's thought process...He says he wants to be traded because he wants to play for a contender...but if he accepts this trade to the Nets, he's actually leaving a contender to go play for a team that even with him after the trade would be lucky to make the playoffs...which leads me to believe that Melo has been castrated by his wife and will do anything just to play in a city she wants to live regardless of the team...He'd be better off with the Clippers than the Nets in terms of a team that could contend...but other than the Bulls there is no team involved in these talks that would end up being better than the nuggets...So no matter what happens Melo is putting himself much farther from the championship...

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
As a knick fan if that reported deal is true I'm glad we turned it down. AR & Gallo are both all star talents, and Douglas is better than most people think. NY wants no part of JR Smith. DEN is in no position to ask for BOTH AR AND Gallo AND Douglas.

That being said if thats their asking price we shouldnt be too far apart on a deal. DEN can pick one of AR or Gallo, along with Chandler & Douglas & Curry.

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 11:28 AM
lol knicks are dumb as **** if they turned that down...sure randolph and gallo are all star talents but they need a winning team NOW

NY is still rebuilding, we are not going to be contenders this year. Of course we want to win now, but its not like we have a window that is closing. We have one of the youngest teams in the NBA. Amare at 27 is our oldest player.

EDIT: Roger Mason is 30, but he's just an end of the bench guy.

oak2455
09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Fwiw.

This guy is as real as my sources he is bull shiiit:mad:

yanks08
09-27-2010, 11:53 AM
hell no to

GALLO-AR-Douglas!!!!

who do we hae left after that??? good luck in jersey my boy!!!

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
They supposedly wanted Chandler included in the deal as well!

One clarification Knicks fans regarding what was requested by Denver: Chandler would've gone to Houston in that deal, others to Den.

http://twitter.com/samickAOL

Giaps
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
It makes no sense for us to gut the team when teams are dropping out of the race... the Bulls because of Noah and possibly the Nets because he doesn't want to go there... same with most other teams in the NBA.

If all that leaves is NY, why not just sign him later? He can be here if he wants to... just don't sign the extension.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Dunno if posted yet or not but...

JR Smith
He back! http://plixi.com/p/47487637

Melo is in the house.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Random thought:

Only my opinion, but my impression is that "Incarcerated Bob" is an attention whore and a fraud.

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Based on Murphy's Law, launch of my team previews virtually guarantees Melo will be traded within the hour.

John Hollinger. (http://twitter.com/johnhollinger)

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
The festivities in the Pepsi Center should start about 40 minutes from now...

nuggetsradio jason kosmicki

Hey Tweeps. Media day is today. Once Melo is finished talking to the press, I will run across the hall and put everything up on our podcast.

So you will hear what he has to say literally within 10 minutes after he says it. I will put a link to it on here. media day starts at noon.

http://twitter.com/#!/nuggetsradio
http://altitudesports.typepad.com/jason_kosmicki/

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 01:24 PM
The festivities in the Pepsi Center should start about 40 minutes from now...

http://twitter.com/#!/nuggetsradio
http://altitudesports.typepad.com/jason_kosmicki/

How's he so sure Melo is going to be there?

Guru™
09-27-2010, 01:27 PM

My thoughts exactly

Hindy27
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
He is there, there's a pic floating around taken by JR

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM
He is there, there's a pic floating around taken by JR

Here it is off JR's twitter. (http://plixi.com/p/47487637)

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM

http://plixi.com/p/47487637

To me there really was never much question of whether Melo would show. Not showing out wouldn't gain him anything, and he'd really screw himself reputation-wise and possibly with the league as well.

-------edit-----------

Just in case you didn't notice the 10 posts above mine... :rolleyes: Not meaning to pile on...

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Of course he would report to camp, he's still contract under the Nuggets. Unless Denver told Carmelo don't come, he will still be there at the Nugget's camp because that is his job to be there and participate.

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Of course he would report to camp, he's still contract under the Nuggets. Unless Denver told Carmelo don't come, he will still be there at the Nugget's camp because that is his job to be there and participate.

I don't believe all athletes are smart enough to understand that.....but yes I found the pic on JR's twitter so I guess at least Melo is.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
[/B]

I don't believe all athletes are smart enough to understand that.....but yes I found the pic on JR's twitter so I guess at least Melo is.

Melo has been exceedingly careful all summer long to not engage in any of the sort of public d-baggery that got Lebron in so much hot water with Cleveland and NBA fans. Why would he suddenly throw that effort in the crapper? It would have absolutely zero impact on negotiations except possibly to harm the Nuggets' goodwill in cooperating with him towards a deal that could be mutually beneficial. He'd have absolutely nothing to gain, and probably much to lose (at least in terms of image, if not also in terms of the deal he ends up with) by making a public display of spurning Denver.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
They supposedly wanted Chandler included in the deal as well!

One clarification Knicks fans regarding what was requested by Denver: Chandler would've gone to Houston in that deal, others to Den.

http://twitter.com/samickAOL

I don't believe that, he would be a redundant player in Houston. It would make more sense if it was AR or even Gallo but then im sure the Nuggets would want both if not at least one of those two.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:11 PM
nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman

says ujiri: "what we've talked about is going to stay with us. we're gonna keep talking. but melo is a nugget. ...but it's a challenge"

Chris Tomasson

masai: "Melo is a Nuggets now.''

melo is a nuggets jersey. shelly smith had joked to me wither he was in a nets jersey or not

Melo has just walkeed into the interview room

Haven't heard anything that there is any change in Melo's plan to talk. But I've got a front-row seat at the press conference.

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
I gotta leave for class in 30 minutes!!!

STUFF HAPPEN NOW!!

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Chris Tomasson

"i never once said anything about trade talk.... There's been a lot of speculation going on.'' says Melo

Melo said he's goiing to keep his options open until the end of the season.

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM

Chris Tomasson

That is why Denver are stalling with all these trades throwing in their face. They still want to try to convince Melo to stay with Denver. However, the longer Denver takes to trade can hurt Melo's value. In the end, Denver would do whatever it takes to keep Melo in Denver.

Flojo
09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him staying until the trade deadline, or sticking with the team all the way to free agency.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
RoundballMiner Jeremy Wagner

Then he added "that is what agents are for." RT @christomasson "I've never said that,'' melo said about wanting to be traded.

add melo: "i've been a nugget for 7 years. this is where i started my career. tomorrow the ball goes up and we get started."
then melo cut off questions and left.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Melo Speaks!! http://bit.ly/csKmmX

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Melo Speaks!! http://bit.ly/csKmmX

I'm going to listen to that right after watching the heat news conference live right now on espn

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Carmelo Anthony denied that he has requested a trade and said he plans to keep his options open until the end of the season.

"I'm leaving my options open. At the end of the season, I'll sit down with my team, I'll sit down with the Nuggets," Anthony said.

"I've never said i wanted to be traded," he said. "I never once said anything about trade talk."

"I never once said anything about trade talk," Anthony said. "There's been a lot of speculation going on."

I think he is going to wait it out until summer unless Nuggets take Knicks deal or Bulls throw in Noah

j-bay
09-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Broussard just said on ESPN that Philly offered Evan Turner, Thaddeous Young, Kopono, and picks

tcav701
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Unless they can dump Brands contract this makes 0 sense for philly.

abe_froman
09-27-2010, 06:20 PM
seriously,den needs to say yes before philly's gm gets sobered up

rockets-fan
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
best deal imo jump on it denver

justinnum1
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
This is probably why denver is holding this thing up.

kjoke
09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
wow, would melo go to philly tho?

DodgerBulls
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Once again, sixers won't pull the trigger unless they get an extension from Melo. Its all about where Melo wants to go.

bctgg27
09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
I highly doubt Melo says yes to the 76ers.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Once again, sixers won't pull the trigger unless they get an extension from Melo. Its all about where Melo wants to go.

This is pretty obvious. If Melo wanted to sign an extension in Philly this deal would probably be done but that's not happening.

PraiseJesus
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Denver better take that

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Who cares, if I would be a Nuggets GM I'd do it in a heartbeat

bholly
09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
I'd be surprised if our front office did this. Really surprised.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM

no. people don't seem to understand that melo only wants chicago or NY. anyone think he'd cause this much of a scene in denver just to go to the sixers?
its his decision. he's made it clear he will wait it out until FA if need be.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Who cares, if I would be a Nuggets GM I'd do it in a heartbeat

melo might care... and he has do sign an extension first. its not up to denver. denver would LOVE that trade.

j-bay
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
no. people don't seem to understand that melo only wants chicago or NY. anyone think he'd cause this much of a scene in denver just to go to the sixers?

sorry double post

bctgg27
09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Outside of New York and Chicago, the only other place I see him even considering is the Nets. But know one really knows where he stands with the Nets.

j-bay
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM

dreaming much:rolleyes:
are you a yankees fan becuae the knicks are not the yankees you should not expect the knicks to go out and buy players

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't see Melo accepting an extension ...
Also, if Iggy stays, well ...
Iggy+SG= ):

Slimsim
09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Philly really undervaluing Thaddeus young. If i was Denver i would buy melo pane
ticket.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
melo might care... and he has do sign an extension first. its not up to denver. denver would LOVE that trade.

OP:Broussard just said on ESPN that Philly offered Evan Turner, Thaddeous Young, Kopono, and picks

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
are you a yankees fan becuae the knicks are not the yankees you should not expect the knicks to go out and buy players

Mets fan. and we're not talking baseball here, guy. i don't even know what your argument is, otherwise i'm sure i'd have a better response.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM
OP:Broussard just said on ESPN that Philly offered Evan Turner, Thaddeous Young, Kopono, and picks

yea......?:confused:

smith&wesson
09-27-2010, 06:48 PM
this is a good trade for denver if its true.

Khalifa21
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
The only reason this trade hasn't been done is because Melo will leave in the summer. He doesn't want to play for a team who's best, youngest, most talented prospect has just gone in the opposite direction.

The Sixers would be throwing away two great, young, talented pieces for a year rental.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
yea......?:confused:

I think he thinks that means the offer stands without an extensions which obviously isn't true.

I am a legend
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
wHAT WOULD PHILLY'S STARTING 5 BE IF THIS TRADE HAPPENS?

x23cbru24x
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
melo is going to nets or knicks...hes not going anywhere unless the team hes going to gets a confirmation that he will sign long term with that team....76ers aint gettin that...sry nets prob wont either but knicks have best chance...he wants to go there

j-bay
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Mets fan. and we're not talking baseball here, guy. i don't even know what your argument is, otherwise i'm sure i'd have a better response.

basically every nyer whether its is yankees mets giants jets isles rangers and espically the knicks espect to win besides the yankees in the last decade you can't win championships by geting great players in new york (johan santana,jagr,farve) the could not handle the presure. if i was melo i would go to a place where your expectations are high but you won't be presured to win right away

oak2455
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM

or trade or even home grown thats what the Yankees did:D Small sampling

Arod-Traded for
Jeter HomeGrown
Cano Homegrown
Tex Paid for
Gardner Homegrown
Granderson Traded for
Swisher Traded for
Posada Home Grown

So besides Burnett, Tex, and CC how many guys have they bought:confused:

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Hmmmmm...

There are reasons why teams stay in the lottery year after year...

This is one of them...

Holliday, Iguodala, Melo, Hawes, and Brand ???

No bench... No cap room...

Talk about bad defense... No outside shot presence...

They better not get Melo to sign an extension... They would be in the lottery, again, next season...

oak2455
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
basically every nyer whether its is yankees mets giants jets isles rangers and espically the knicks espect to win besides the yankees in the last decade you can't win championships by geting great players in new york (johan santana,jagr,farve) the could not handle the presure. if i was melo i would go to a place where your expectations are high but you won't be presured to win right away

But your not, so whats the point:D

Illa215
09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
This obviously isn't happening... Hopefully.

j-bay
09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
But your not, so whats the point:D

is that playing in new york is alot of stress people expect you to win when you have great talent and when you don't do what your suppose to do its frustrating to the fans and there is a very good chance they will boo you

oak2455
09-27-2010, 07:01 PM
is that playing in new york is alot of stress people expect you to win when you have great talent and when you don't do what your suppose to do its frustrating to the fans and there is a very good chance they will boo you

If your a athlete and you strive to be the best you can play anywhere!!:eyebrow:

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM

HA! it seems like you have a tenuous grasp on the english language let alone NY sports. favre came here just so he could get out of greenbay, it was merely a stepping stone on his way to his ultimate destination..everybody knows that. and the mets are terrible no matter who is on the roster. DUH:facepalm:. this is the last time i'm responding to a post from you. know that.

j-bay
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
or trade or even home grown thats what the Yankees did:D Small sampling

Arod-Traded for
Jeter HomeGrown
Cano Homegrown
Tex Paid for
Gardner Homegrown
Granderson Traded for
Swisher Traded for
Posada Home Grown

So besides Burnett, Tex, and CC how many guys have they bought:confused:

i'm not talking about just them clemens in 07 who you over paid for, you over pay your guys and the small market teams can't improve because of you guys

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Swisher and Granderson aren't players that should have been traded...

Tell me why Detroit and Oakland traded those two....

It's because they couldn't afford their arbitration figures...

You might as well say they paid for them too... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those guys are really good players... It also doesn't take a scientist to see that the Yanks took advantage of those respective teams that couldnt afford them...

Sixerlover
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
What the hell? Stefanski must have forgot we have no big man to compete this year, and Iguodala can't shoot well enough to play the 2, we saw that last year. Makes 0 sense man.

Illa215
09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Chris Broussard is full of ****.

He works for ESPN...

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I bet Melo plays with Denver until the season is over. Every 5 minutes there is another trade scenario from ESPN.

jimm120
09-27-2010, 07:15 PM

just want to clarify that

it isn't Melo causing a scene. Its Denver.

They want to get something from him before he leaves them through free agency. So they are shopping him. BUT, Melo does have a no-trade clause (do those exist in the nBA?). Melo seems to be ok with playing with Denver this year.

oak2455
09-27-2010, 07:17 PM
i'm not talking about just them clemens in 07 who you over paid for, you over pay your guys and the small market teams can't improve because of you guys

Clemens They traded Well for him and boo hoo its in the rules:cry:

uptownfan
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Denver would be nuts not to make this trade. Turner could be the real deal, and there's no way Melo is resigning with Denver

Burkey3472
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Dumb ****ing trade offer by Philly.

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Why are people talking about baseball?

Corey
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Not going to happen.

If it's being reported, it's old news.

kingkenny01
09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
philly is a big city

oak2455
09-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Swisher and Granderson aren't players that should have been traded...

Tell me why Detroit and Oakland traded those two....

It's because they couldn't afford their arbitration figures...

You might as well say they paid for them too... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those guys are really good players... It also doesn't take a scientist to see that the Yanks took advantage of those respective teams that couldnt afford them...

*Swisher was hittin 229 and they needed a outfielder/firstbaseman and he was on the Whitesox, close though... **Granderson they traded Ajax one of their better prospects for him soooo:facepalm:

masTOR_shake1
09-27-2010, 07:22 PM
insane deal for the nuggs

ElFuturoDeESPN
09-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Would be absolutely amazing if Denver could land Turner, but it's NOT gonna happen.. No way in hell Melo signs with them.

tcav701
09-27-2010, 07:31 PM
I thought we all agreed to merge all this melo **** into one thread.

jwthompson1974
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
I think the owners need to form some sort of franchise tag like the NFL does. This way, they can still control some of the chaos being caused by La-Con and Melo and the likes. I am not much of a basketball fan, but I do think it is horrible what happened to Cleveland and Toronto and what will happen to my hometown Nuggets if Melo leaves. The owners are powerless and that does not seem right.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I think the owners need to form some sort of franchise tag like the NFL does. This way, they can still control some of the chaos being caused by La-Con and Melo and the likes. I am not much of a basketball fan, but I do think it is horrible what happened to Cleveland and Toronto and what will happen to my hometown Nuggets if Melo leaves. The owners are powerless and that does not seem right.

I agree, and the NBA wonders why they are a distant third to the NFL and MLB.

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
He played the media perfectly.

Tmo440
09-27-2010, 07:42 PM
He's gonna end up in Chicago. He wants to go to a place that can contend for a championship this season. The knicks are not there yet, and I feel that the nuggetts are going to get despreate enough because Carmelo obviously doesn't want to go anywhere else but the Knicks or Bulls. If he wanted to go to either the nets or any other team, we would have scene a deal happen by nowl. But obviously he doesn't want to go to either of those teams, and I see him winding up with the Bulls or Knicks.

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 07:48 PM
That is why Denver are stalling with all these trades throwing in their face. They still want to try to convince Melo to stay with Denver. However, the longer Denver takes to trade can hurt Melo's value. In the end, Denver would do whatever it takes to keep Melo in Denver.

It's got nothing to do with Denver...

I'm sure they've had 2 or 3 deals that are more in value to the organization than Melo himself ( hearing Young, Turner, Kapono and a future 1st convinced me of that)...

It's about Melo accepting a contract extension before they trade him...

With the teams in play, he won't accept an extension from any of them...

Honestly, I don't know why he would accept a deal to any team other than the Bulls...

The Nets, Sixers and Knicks are lottery bound again...
The Bulls have a nice core of young players and Melo would complement that nicely...

More-Than-Most
09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
If this ****ing happens I am done. I am sick and tired of the same old theme. Make it and get knocked out early. We have a chance to build something... We have Turner/Spieghts/Holiday/Young... That a nice young core and we will mess it up and become a pretender once again. Please please please don't make this trade.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
It's got nothing to do with Denver...

I'm sure they've had 2 or 3 deals that are more in value to the organization than Melo himself ( hearing Young, Turner, Kapono and a future 1st convinced me of that)...

It's about Melo accepting a contract extension before they trade him...

With the teams in play, he won't accept an extension from any of them...

Honestly, I don't know why he would accept a deal to any team other than the Bulls...

The Nets, Sixers and Knicks are lottery bound again...
The Bulls have a nice core of young players and Melo would complement that nicely...

The big problem is that his "top two choices", are the teams with the worst offers. Carmelo not giving Denvers GM enough options, would be really screwing them. If he just decided to be a free agent thats fine but obviously it looks like he wants his max also, therefore Denver has every right to seek out the best deal possible.

THE GIPPER
09-27-2010, 08:08 PM
i really hope its denver thats stalling the trades cuz if its melo, then it just means that he wont sign with any team worth trading with (nets, sixers...).so if it is him stalling the trades he'll just say things like " i am open to spending the next three years in denver " then just wait out the season, sign with the knicks, and screw the nuggets over.

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
The big problem is that his "top two choices", are the teams with the worst offers. Carmelo not giving Denvers GM enough options, would be really screwing them. If he just decided to be a free agent thats fine but obviously it looks like he wants his max also, therefore Denver has every right to seek out the best deal possible.

I completely agree...

This is the problem with the NBA... It's too player controlled...

Paul nearly gets himself out of N.O... Denver is in a horrific situation with Melo...

Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio...

Melo isn't giving Denver any options... No team, in their right mind, is going to give a 20MM a year contract and top flight young talent unless their organization is in dire need of television time...

The Sixers and Nets are those teams... However, those teams aren't for Melo...

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 08:19 PM
I completely agree...

This is the problem with the NBA... It's too player controlled...

Paul nearly gets himself out of N.O... Denver is in a horrific situation with Melo...

Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio...

Melo isn't giving Denver any options... No team, in their right mind, is going to give a 20MM a year contract and top flight young talent unless their organization is in dire need of television time...

The Sixers and Nets are those teams... However, those teams aren't for Melo...

Melo's been in the league 7 or 8 years, he has every right to play where he wants. Its called Free Agency. At least he had the decency to tell DEN so DEN can at least get something for him. Lebron made Dan Gilbert watch it on ESPN!

People are acting like Melo is a D-bag because he's not letting DEN tell him where to play? Really? So everyone else has a right to test the market but not melo?

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Melo's been in the league 7 or 8 years, he has every right to play where he wants. Its called Free Agency. At least he had the decency to tell DEN so DEN can at least get something for him. Lebron made Dan Gilbert watch it on ESPN!

People are acting like Melo is a D-bag because he's not letting DEN tell him where to play? Really? So everyone else has a right to test the market but not melo?
Exactly. For Denver it's a good thing that this is happening to them. If Melo kept quiet like LeBron, where does that leave Denver? It's a different situation of course since Cleveland were contenders last year but still. To all those people who call Melo a douche or whatever, just remember that he is doing Denver a favour by letting them know he won't be resigning. Melo is doing all the right things and even handled the media greatly today.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 08:53 PM

Carmelo limiting the Nuggets on what teams to talk to is really screwing them over, and I only say that because CAA are the one's that went to Denver and demanded a trade. Let's ask ourselves a question here, why would Melos camp do that, what incentive do they have for this to happen now?

Lets not any of us be naive to really believe what Melo said today about him never asking for a trade.

In the end IF, and I say IF because all these rumors can be just that, Carmelo is really not giving the Nuggets many options, he's being really selfish and unfair. Why should Denver grant him his max and not be able to look for the best possible deal.

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 08:56 PM

So, it's not alright for LeBron to choose his team via free agency while having fans such as you and me remain so interested that he decides to promote it to generate funds for the boys and girls club...

But, it's alright for Melo to generate enough controversy by going through the media a couple of weeks before the season starts telling the organization he has no intention of signing an extension...

Which do you think is more detrimental to the team ???

At least, the Cavs had an entire offseason to prepare... Melo will have his chance to test free agency in a year... LeBron had his opportunity and chose the Heat... Melo just wants to get paid sooner... Can't blame him, but can't blame LeBron either...

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Carmelo limiting the Nuggets on what teams to talk to is really screwing them over, and I only say that because CAA are the one's that went to Denver and demanded a trade. Let's ask ourselves a question here, why would Melos camp do that, what incentive do they have for this to happen now?
Lets not any of us be naive to really believe what Melo said today about him never asking for a trade.

In the end IF, and I say IF because all these rumors can be just that, Carmelo is really not giving the Nuggets many options, he's being really selfish and unfair. Why should Denver grant him his max and not be able to look for the best possible deal.

Get paid sooner...

Guarantee stability...

One more year of earnability...

On a more marketable franchise...

Can play on a team that will compete this year...

Raoul Duke
09-27-2010, 08:58 PM

Thats hitting the nail on the head is what that is.

I don't see how he has any leverage. He's in a contract year and he risks losing a boatload of money if he doesn't sign an extension. Denver needs to put their foot down and just tell him "no extension, no trade, we'll revisit this in February and see if you've softened your stance or if anyone is willing to take you short term".

bringinwood
09-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Thats hitting the nail on the head is what that is.

I don't see how he has any leverage. He's in a contract year and he risks losing a boatload of money if he doesn't sign an extension. Denver needs to put their foot down and just tell him "no extension, no trade, we'll revisit this in February and see if you've softened your stance or if anyone is willing to take you short term".

He won't lose a boatload of money... Teams would line up and down the street to have an opportunity to sign a guy like Melo to the max...

If STAT got near max money this offseason, Melo is a sure thing barring injury...

He'll get 5 yrs instead of 3... He's losing 40MM by accepting a max contract now... He won't do that for a team that's, at best, an 8 seed...

jwthompson1974
09-27-2010, 09:14 PM
If there is a lockout, doesn't he lose the money since he would be guaranteed the money before the lockout but get nothing during since he isn't under contract? No one will sign him if there is a work stoppage.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 09:17 PM
He won't lose a boatload of money... Teams would line up and down the street to have an opportunity to sign a guy like Melo to the max...

If STAT got near max money this offseason, Melo is a sure thing barring injury...

He'll get 5 yrs instead of 3... He's losing 40MM by accepting a max contract now... He won't do that for a team that's, at best, an 8 seed...

Well in all honesty any of us can say that he's not leaving alot of money on the table but it's enough for CAA to be pushing for a trade.

I doubt CAA is doing this to be generous thinking about Denver first in order to give them a chance to get some nice young pieces to start rebuilding. As we all saw months ago, CAA doesn't give a ******* and will TRY do anything at all cost to get what they want, even if it means screwing a franchise over.

Denver really has to take a firm stance in this and avoid a disaster for the franchise.

jwthompson1974
09-27-2010, 09:20 PM
The Cavs still traded Le-Con away.......do not forget that.

kntresistheheat
09-27-2010, 09:54 PM
He has lots of control of this whole thing (Melo) and he would have to agree to an extension with the team that he is traded to. A team will not pull a trade and give up so much for a 1yr rental, Denver will pull any trade because it benefits them of course. That is why I still think that he ends up in NY or CHI and a strong possibility NJ.

Raoul Duke
09-27-2010, 10:09 PM

So, you've got a copy of the new CBA thats going into effect? Got a link so we can all check it out?

goose15
09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Chris Broussard: Melo for Rik Smits??

sixer04fan
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't do that if i were the sixers... But either way, its NOT gonna happen. Melo will never sign with us.

masalex1205
09-27-2010, 10:22 PM
just want to clarify that

it isn't Melo causing a scene. Its Denver.

They want to get something from him before he leaves them through free agency. So they are shopping him. BUT, Melo does have a no-trade clause (do those exist in the nBA?). Melo seems to be ok with playing with Denver this year.

Carmelo Anthony does not have a no-trade clause but it kind of becomes one b/c he can choose where to sign an extension

Knowledge
09-27-2010, 10:22 PM
When is the last time Chris Broussard has been right about something?

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
A source confirmed to me what yahoo had --2day every Nugget but Melo was part of filming of promotional shots for the TV games

@NuggetsNews. (http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews)

valade16
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
How come SO many people are acting like Turner is somehow better than 'Melo...

It's very doubtful that Turner ever becomes as good as Melo, to do so he'd need to get about top 10 NBA good.

So why is every acting like the 76ers are overpaying? Their getting one of the best players on the planet for a guy who has done nothing thus far...

PhillyFan001
09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I will not trade turner for melo, this trade cannot involve turner or holiday

PhillyFan001
09-27-2010, 10:35 PM

It's very doubtful that Turner ever becomes as good as Melo, to do so he'd need to get about top 10 NBA good.

So why is every acting like the 76ers are overpaying? Their getting one of the best players on the planet for a guy who has done nothing thus far...

Melo is better and always be better than turner but a team with melo, jrue, and turner look a lot better on paper

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 10:41 PM

He did predict Lebron would go to Miami. I don't really know what he has gotten wrong.

valade16
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Melo is better and always be better than turner but a team with melo, jrue, and turner look a lot better on paper

I get it now, as a philly fan you'd much rather trade Iguodala for Melo than Turner...

Makes sense.

Knowledge
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
He did predict Lebron would go to Miami. I don't really know what he has gotten wrong.

First he said the Knicks, then he said the Bulls. After the Nets met with Lebron, he said they were front runners and he said the clippers could be the Darkhorse. After he finally went through every team in the league and reports of Lebron going to Miami came out, he said Miami.

And Stephen A. Smith was the first guy who reported the Miami move I believe.

Im not saying the guy is completely wrong that we are trying to get Melo (along with every other team in the league), but I doubt the players he says we offered were actually offered.

oak2455
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
@NuggetsNews. (http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews)

still hanging on too:confused:

More-Than-Most
09-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Melo means very little to the sixers right now... Turner means a lot to the sixers future. If the sixers get Melo they are a playoff team but first round knockouts. Its better to keep the high potential young raw player for the future considering the only chance the sixers will have at a championship is about 3-5 years into the future. The sixers have a ton of young talented players and most likely will get a draft lottery pick next year. That is the best solution for them to build a contender. Melo is far far from the answer. When Brands contract runs out we will be able to sign a high impact top guy and that will be just in time for guys like Holiday/Turner/Speights to explode.

bholly
09-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Also, Turner earns a lot less right now, which a) makes future signings easier, and b) means we'd have to give up more guys to make a Turner/Melo trade work.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 10:58 PM
First he said the Knicks, then he said the Bulls. After the Nets met with Lebron, he said they were front runners and he said the clippers could be the Darkhorse. After he finally went through every team in the league and reports of Lebron going to Miami came out, he said Miami.

And Stephen A. Smith was the first guy who reported the Miami move I believe.

Im not saying the guy is completely wrong that we are trying to get Melo (along with every other team in the league), but I doubt the players he says we offered were actually offered.

Yeah I am not so sure about this report because every single other report I have seen says its Iggy thats being offered and that the Nuggets are very interested in Iggy. Wojnarowski says here that the Nets are trying to get a deal together for Carmelo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ag8QALC9JeXGhIdNgiekVX85nYcB?slug=ys-anthonynuggets092710

That one that has been introduced Favors to philly, Melo to NJ, and Iggy to DEN sounds great to me right about now.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I still believe that Melo might play a preseason game or two, but he won't be a Nugget much longer, and he's probably played his last regular season game as one.

I think Denver has had two objectives in stalling pulling the trigger:

1) Just to get him into the Pepsi Center in a last ditch effort to keep him. But not only that, just to get the story straight from him directly since he estranged himself from the organization over the summer and let his agents deal with the front office. Basically, just to get him to look them in they eye when they're asking, "So, you're absolutely sure this is what you want to do?" before they finalize anything.

2) To try to get teams to up the bidding and milk a little more value out of a trade if possible.

But the writing's been on the wall - in permanent marker - for too long now for yesterday's media day lovefest to just erase it. He's still gone, imo, and I still think it's gonna be to NJ. It's just the best mutually beneficial compromise out there.

VinceCarter
09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
still hanging on too:confused:

What's still hanging on?

IndiansFan337
09-27-2010, 11:02 PM
I think that if Andrew Bynum were healthy the LAL would be acquiring Anthony.

If Denver does not get an offer they deem good enough to move Anthony before the season begins, I can see LAL making a play for him in February if Bynum proves that he is healthy.

giants9689
09-27-2010, 11:04 PM

no he didnt brousard is an idiot, he changed his mind almost every day, from knicks being favorites, to bulls, back to knicks, to nets, to bulls to heat, the guy who really deserves the credit is stephen a smith who called him going to miami over a week before "the decision"

oak2455
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
What's still hanging on?

Well after all said and done looks like he might be playing across the river:)

Quote:
Landing with the Knicks may be Carmelo Anthony's first choice but the Nuggets view trading with New York as their least-preferred outcome.

According to ESPN, the Nuggets believe the Knicks may have gone through back channels to recruit Anthony over the summer and are determined to avoid sending him to New York unless they have no other choice.
Via ESPN

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Honestly Oak all that tweeting Melo was doing in the offseason about him being in NY with Amare gives many that impression.

My bet is that he will be a Net, and although I can see why Denver would feel this way, I don't think anyone can really say that this is the reason why they haven't been to cooperative with the Knicks in these negotiations.

What really hurts the Knicks is not having any draft picks, much less multiple picks they can trade.

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Well after all said and done looks like he might be playing across the river:)

Quote:
Landing with the Knicks may be Carmelo Anthony's first choice but the Nuggets view trading with New York as their least-preferred outcome.

According to ESPN, the Nuggets believe the Knicks may have gone through back channels to recruit Anthony over the summer and are determined to avoid sending him to New York unless they have no other choice.
Via ESPN

Then if that's true the Nets should be smart about this and tell the Nugget forget you Harris and Favors are now off the table. The Nets have draft picks that they can throw on Denver's table and then just offer other players that match Carmelo's contract without giving up Favors or Harris.

beasted86
09-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Hmmmmm...

There are reasons why teams stay in the lottery year after year...

This is one of them...

Holliday, Iguodala, Melo, Hawes, and Brand ???

No bench... No cap room...

Talk about bad defense... No outside shot presence...

They better not get Melo to sign an extension... They would be in the lottery, again, next season...

Jrue, Igoudala, and believe it or not Brand are all very good defenders... and that team would surely make the playoffs.

They just made the 6th seed 1 year ago with a much weaker roster.

THE GIPPER
09-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I still believe that Melo might play a preseason game or two, but he won't be a Nugget much longer, and he's probably played his last regular season game as one.

1) Just to get him into the Pepsi Center in a last ditch effort to keep him. But not only that, just to get the story straight from him directly since he estranged himself from the organization over the summer and let his agents deal with the front office. Basically, just to get him to look them in they eye when they're asking, "So, you're absolutely sure this is what you want to do?" before they finalize anything.

2) To try to get teams to up the bidding and milk a little more value out of a trade if possible.

But the writing's been on the wall - in permanent marker - for too long now for yesterday's media day lovefest to just erase it. He's still gone, imo, and I still think it's gonna be to NJ. It's just the best mutually beneficial compromise out there.

DenButsu, i hope your right cuz i dunno maybe im wrong but to me it just seemed like when he was saying that he was gunna wait till the end of the season to make a decision about the extension that it basically meant, " im gunna wait till the end of the year, sign with the knicks and screw the nuggets over "

oak2455
09-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Honestly Oak all that tweeting Melo was doing in the offseason about him being in NY with Amare gives many that impression.

My bet is that he will be a Net, and although I can see why Denver would feel this way, I don't think anyone can really say that this is the reason why they haven't been to cooperative with the Knicks in these negotiations.

What really hurts the Knicks is not having any draft picks, much less multiple picks they can trade.

I agree with you just playing with Vince, but it seems like Melo has other thoughts...we shall see:)

VinceCarter
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
I agree with you just playing with Vince, but it seems like Melo has other thoughts...we shall see:)

:laugh2:

I'm not falling for a Melo to Knicks (via trade). The Nets can and would outbid them if they tried.

oak2455
09-28-2010, 12:17 AM
:laugh2:

I'm not falling for a Melo to Knicks (via trade). The Nets can and would outbid them if they tried.

But will he go:eyebrow:

VinceCarter
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM

He's "leaving his options open right now." :shrug:

Forbo
09-28-2010, 12:24 AM

I wish these guys would just tell the truth...Melo should have really adressed the media today. He never asked for a trade? Okay but were you implying that you wouldnt be staying there? I just dont know anymore.

VinceCarter
09-28-2010, 12:30 AM
I wish these guys would just tell the truth...Melo should have really adressed the media today. He never asked for a trade? Okay but were you implying that you wouldnt be staying there? I just dont know anymore.

That's what agents are for.

Hindy27
09-28-2010, 01:01 AM
DenButsu, i hope your right cuz i dunno maybe im wrong but to me it just seemed like when he was saying that he was gunna wait till the end of the season to make a decision about the extension that it basically meant, " im gunna wait till the end of the year, sign with the knicks and screw the nuggets over "
That's exactly how I heard it too.

Denver should've pulled the trigger when they had the chance, instead they stalled and Kidd and co got in Melo's ear and now I don't think he'd sign an extension with the Nets.

I think he's going to wait out the season and then sign with the Knicks. The only way Denver get anything back is by dealing with the Knicks, and they're going to have to take Curry.
Either that or take another big expiring from another team that will have him as a 1 year rental.

I'm glad though as I didn't want to lose Favors and King is acting like desperate madman.

So Denver could've had Kirilenko, Favors + picks, but they got greedy and will now get nothing, or maybe just Curry.
Well played Nuggets.:clap:

THE MTL
09-28-2010, 01:13 AM

Try all of the big 2010 free agents. He was the first who reported about Wade and Bosh signing in Miami, and then the first reported on Lebron. And he was the first to report on Amare.

Broussard is annoying but his sources are the ISH! Everyone in ESPN admitted it.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 01:15 AM
A source confirmed to me what yahoo had --2day every Nugget but Melo was part of filming of promotional shots for the TV gameshttp://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/25746859597

Something tells me that whatever Melo said at the press conference was just bs (damage control) because you don't leave your best marketing tool out of your promos if you plan to have him the rest of the season.

SouthSideRookie
09-28-2010, 01:25 AM
http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/25746859597

Something tells me that whatever Melo said at the press conference was just bs (damage control) because you don't leave your best marketing tool out of your promos if you plan to have him the rest of the season.

I actually can't believe anyone would really fall for the "I never asked to be traded", right!

Ok, so Denver will just waste their time and leak all these proposals when they are clearly trying to convince him to stay.

And Carmelo was right in a way, he never told Denver he wants a trade, his agent did.

DenButsu
09-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Try all of the big 2010 free agents. He was the first who reported about Wade and Bosh signing in Miami, and then the first reported on Lebron. And he was the first to report on Amare.

Broussard is annoying but his sources are the ISH! Everyone in ESPN admitted it.

For a LONG time he was reporting that Lebron was going to stay in Cleveland and recruit Bosh to join him there. Nailed it.

Hindy27
09-28-2010, 02:15 AM

lol
He was adamant that LeBron was going to Chicago for a week or 2 before the 'decision', he only said Miami when everyone else did. Before that he was saying NY as well.

As for Wade and Bosh, it was Steven A Smith that was the first to mention them all going to Miami.

JordansBulls
09-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Would you rather trade him now and get some pieces back or would you rather him finish out his contract and take the gamble to see what happens?

jthom92
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
melo literally has full control as to where he wants to go becuase most teams wont trade for him unless he resigns so all he has got to do is just say no to everyone so the nuggets would be forced to trade him to the knicks for maybe just chandler and maybe curry . not randolph or gallo there to valuable. or just wait till free agency. wht ever they do dont give up gallo at the least.

somebody call stat and tell melo wht the plan is.

Squad13
09-28-2010, 10:17 AM
melo literally has full control as to where he wants to go becuase most teams wont trade for him unless he resigns so all he has got to do is just say no to everyone so the nuggets would be forced to trade him to the knicks for maybe just chandler and maybe curry . not randolph or gallo there to valuable. or just wait till free agency. wht ever they do dont give up gallo at the least.

somebody call stat and tell melo wht the plan is.

This will be locked... I didn't even understand half of this. Don't give up Gallo or Randolph their too valuable? :laugh:

mynameismo
09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
We already have enough Melo thread. You might want to post your opinions there.

In before close.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Carmelo alert; Donnie Walsh not watching practice for the first time. Maybe he's working the phones. Stayed tunedhttp://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/25791300403

ShaqShoes
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Crossing my fingers something happens today...this is getting really drawn out.

VinceCarter
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Nuggets' indecisiveness on Carmelo is reportedly causing Nets to get frustrated. Could back out soon. Are you listening, Knicks fans?

Getting closer to a conclusion on the Carmelo stuff. If the Nuggets continue to hold things up, the Nets are going to back out...

Twitter. (http://twitter.com/SamAmicoNBA)
Twitter. (http://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone)

Al thinks all will be done in 24 hours....

imagesrdecievin
09-28-2010, 01:11 PM
With all of the Nuggets dicking around we should put out a best offer that doesn't include Favors and let the chips fall where they may. If we miss the boat on Melo then so be it - the Nuggets will be the ones left holding the bag after dragging their feet on what was obviously the best offer out there.

Hindy27
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
With all of the Nuggets dicking around we should put out a best offer that doesn't include Favors and let the chips fall where they may. If we miss the boat on Melo then so be it - the Nuggets will be the ones left holding the bag after dragging their feet on what was obviously the best offer out there.
Exactly.:clap:
That's what I've been saying from the start.

Make a lower offer and tell them to take it or leave it. The offer only needs to be better than what the Bulls or Knicks are offering. The Bulls aren't trading Noah and Denver don't want Deng, the Knicks don't want to give up Gallo or AR and Denver don't want Curry.
The situation is perfect for the Nets to step in and make a killing, instead it looks like Favors was given up straight away.

imagesrdecievin
09-28-2010, 01:31 PM
The big thing from my perspective too was how brazenly the Nuggets took a deal that was accepted in principle and shopped it around. It will leave the Nets FO looking weak for future negotiations around the league if we allow the Nuggs to get away with it.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
The big thing from my perspective too was how brazenly the Nuggets took a deal that was accepted in principle and shopped it around. It will leave the Nets FO looking weak for future negotiations around the league if we allow the Nuggs to get away with it.

If they feel the offer is the best thing they can do for the franchise, they need to be patient.

Hindy27
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the Nets were definitely used by the Nuggets as leverage, sadly though they had no leverage until the Nets gave it to them. The funny thing is that it looks certain he is only going to NY or Chicago.

Denver IMO had a good trade for them sitting there and blew it by getting greedy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo say no to a Nets trade now and Denver will be forced to settle on a Curry/Chandler trade between now and the deadline.

I reckon the Cavs and Raptors would jump at Kirilenko and Favors + picks if they 100% knew LBJ and Bosh were leaving.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Four way deal died, and league source says that Nets "need some closure on matter." Hard to run a training camp with so much uncertainty.http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/25816594108

It's only a matter of time it appears on yahoo sports since wojy writes those articles.

Carmelo Anthony won’t be wearing a Nets’ uniform, at least for the time being.

An NBA source with knowledge of the discussions said the widely reported four-team trade that featured Denver, Utah and Charlotte is off and that Anthony would be staying with the Nuggets. For how long, though, remains to be seen.

Nets general manager Billy King issued a deadline of today for the Nuggets to decide whether they wanted to trade Anthony. As has been the case all along, the Nuggets weren’t ready to pull the trigger on a deal so the Nets backed out.

In the original proposed four-team trade, the Nets were sending Derrick Favors and two future first-round picks to Denver, Devin Harris to Charlotte and Quinton Ross to Utah. In return the Nets were getting Anthony.

The Nuggets also were going to receive Andrei Kirilenko from the Jazz, who would get Boris Diaw from Charlotte.

As the days passed, Utah and Charlotte had reservations about being in the deal and the Nets also felt they were being hung out to dry by the Nuggets and their indecisiveness.

The Nets want to concentrate on the team that they have after six practices with the cloud of uncertainity of their heads.

Anthony was at Nuggets’ practice today. Denver remains hopeful it can convince Anthony to stay in the organization and sign a three-year $65 million contract extension that’s been on the table since June.

If Anthony’s camp pushes for a trade, the Nuggets could call the Nets and try to resume talks. This was the best deal the Nuggets were offered. But if that happens, the Nets could take a harder stance and offer less after the way this has been handled by Denver.

In all likelihood, a deal gets done it could involve different players and different teams.http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/inthezzone/comments/no_deal_-_for_the_time_being/

Merge with the other Melo thread after a couple of hours.

Gators123
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Not surprised.

Forbo
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
It was dead on Saturday..All I am saying is I know Nuggets are in a rough position this is Melo a once in a decade player. But it really looks like he isnt staying there. They wont convince him and they will end up like cavs. They should have taken Favors and AK47.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Denver has shown inclination to dabble in talks and just hold onto Melo. Nuggs may like NY or NJ assets more or less once season unfolds.http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/25816968341

godolphins
09-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I knew this trade wasn't going to happen

OneTuzSea
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I wish just once one of these interesting trades would happen.

bryan71023
09-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Awesome the Nets get to keep Harris and Favors :clap:

JordansBulls
09-28-2010, 04:38 PM
That means Melo to NYK or Chicago now.

arkanian215
09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Awesome the Nets get to keep Harris and Favors :clap:

For now. Anyway the first preseason game is 5 days away. I can't wait.