PDA

View Full Version : PSD's 1980-2010 NBA Redraft Sign Ups!

Mile High Champ
09-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

Recently, I asked PSD to be the one to run the next NBA All Time Redraft. I have had a lot of experience over the last few years of participating and helping out in redrafts and mocks on PSD. As many of you know, it has been over a year since the last one took place. Over the years of running this mock game, people have always complained about how can we accurately vote on players most of us never saw play or for that matter played before we were even born. Last year, the mock took a different approach and used the “what if” sports site system to generate box scores and results of games. It did work fairly well but I think it did take much of the participation out of the mock after the draft occurred. As a result I want to try something a bit different.

I have opted to run the NBA Redraft using only players who have played in the last 30 years. Therefore this draft will be a 1980-2010 NBA Redraft. You must be wondering why 30 years. My reasoning behind this was simple. The majority of us PSD users are under the age of 30. It only makes sense to focus a redraft on players who most of us saw play or for that matter have at least seen footage of playing. Granted it seems difficult to leave out greats like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell & Oscar Robertson but this new system should allow for people to speak with more knowledge on the players being drafted.

Obviously this is not a full proof system and we will still have a decent portion of people who have never seen some of these players play but it does fix the issue of including players from the 50’s and 60’s. I know this may not be the most popular decision but it is certainly worth trying something a bit different this time around. Who knows, maybe this can catch on going ahead in the future.

As follows here is the basic rule of this NBA Redraft.

1) Players eligible to be drafted in this Redraft must have played in or after the 1980-81 NBA season.

I look forward to making this a fun Redraft and hope we gets lot of participation!

The All time Redraft forum can be found under the NBA draft forum. Here is a link.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=397

Please provide the following information if you want to be apart of the Redraft.

Team you want:
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?
Prior Experience:
Why Should I Pick You?

Mile High Champ
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
I will be partcipating as well in the redraft....

I am going to take the Celtics or Pacers. Undecided

JordansBulls
09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
I would participate, but when NBA 2k11 comes out I will be playing that game like crazy until the RS starts.

Hellcrooner
09-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Team you want:1 Lakers 2 Knicks Mavs
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? No
Prior Experience: One nba radraft in psd one soccer redraft in psd.
Why Should I Pick You? 30+ year old , so i know a thinkg or two bout players.

KnicksorBust
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

Recently, I asked PSD to be the one to run the next NBA All Time Redraft. I have had a lot of experience over the last few years of participating and helping out in redrafts and mocks on PSD. As many of you know, it has been over a year since the last one took place. Over the years of running this mock game, people have always complained about how can we accurately vote on players most of us never saw play or for that matter played before we were even born. Last year, the mock took a different approach and used the “what if” sports site system to generate box scores and results of games. It did work fairly well but I think it did take much of the participation out of the mock after the draft occurred. As a result I want to try something a bit different.

I have opted to run the NBA Redraft using only players who have played in the last 30 years. Therefore this draft will be a 1980-2010 NBA Redraft. You must be wondering why 30 years. My reasoning behind this was simple. The majority of us PSD users are under the age of 30. It only makes sense to focus a redraft on players who most of us saw play or for that matter have at least seen footage of playing. Granted it seems difficult to leave out greats like Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell & Oscar Robertson but this new system should allow for people to speak with more knowledge on the players being drafted.

Obviously this is not a full proof system and we will still have a decent portion of people who have never seen some of these players play but it does fix the issue of including players from the 50’s and 60’s. I know this may not be the most popular decision but it is certainly worth trying something a bit different this time around. Who knows, maybe this can catch on going ahead in the future.

As follows here is the basic rule of this NBA Redraft.

1) Players eligible to be drafted in this Redraft must have played in or after the 1980-81 NBA season.

I look forward to making this a fun Redraft and hope we gets lot of participation!

Please provide the following information if you want to be apart of the Redraft.

Team you want: Knicks
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? For an all-time redraft I'd feel better working alone but I would definately be willing to take on an assistant and work with them.
Prior Experience: Numerous Mocks/Redrafts
Why Should I Pick You: I'm an experienced and active poster who loves the NBA more than any other sport.

Ebbs
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Team Wanted: Dallas Mavericks, after that dont care
Do you want a co: Yes Im going to take on Abomb
Experience:
-NFL Alltime Redraft- lost in superbowl
-NFL Mock Off Season- lost in wild card
-NBA Redraft- Won the championship
-NBA Mock Off Season- In the final
-NFL Redraft- On going (team is dope.)
Why you should pick me: I'm active and have put alot pf time and effort in almost every PSD game I play in.

Westbrook36
09-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Team Wanted: Celtics, Lakers, 76ers
Do you want a Co-GM - I'll figure that out if I want one
Expierence - I was in the first one, along with all the NFL All-Times
Why you should pick me: my mojo so dope.

Switch
09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Team Wanted: Lakers, 76ers, Knicks
Do you want a Co-GM - I'd prefer to be solo
Expierence - Been in several NBA mocks, done several NFL redrafts

Sixerlover
09-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Team you want: 76ers, Spurs, Jazz (random I know)
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I don't normally work with Co's, I like being Solo
Prior Experience: A gigillion Re-drafts (probably about 5) and maybe 3? mock offseasons
Why Should I Pick You? Because I'm the man!

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Team you want: Knicks
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? For an all-time redraft I'd feel better working alone but I would definately be willing to take on an assistant and work with them.
Prior Experience: Numerous Mocks/Redrafts
Why Should I Pick You: I'm an experienced and active poster who loves the NBA more than any other sport.

I've never done a redraft but I'd like to be ur assistant to learn the ropes. Sorta like a silent partner learning the ropes.

Joshtd1
09-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Mr. Baller
09-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Team you want: Heat, Suns, but am willing to be any team.
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? No, I prefer to work alone
Prior Experience: I have done many redrafts and mock offseasons on PSD
Why Should I Pick You? I am active and committed in every game I have played on PSD

NYKalltheway
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
damn, hate my timetable that won't allow me to join. Would have loved to, but the Knicks are already taken. If this is going to start at least 10 days from now, I'd also like to be the GM of the Rockets (unless a Houston Rockets fan wants that position, then I'd gladly give it up if it's between us 2 ;))

gonna complete the list as well:

Team you want: Knicks, Rockets
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? yes, I would like to be co-gm with someone, but I wouldn't mind going solo
Prior Experience: I'm only on PSD for around 3 months, just ongoing a soccer re-draft
Why Should I Pick You? hmm... Well, I've been a huge fan of the 80s (wasn't around during the time, but I know lots of stuff about old NBA stuff), been a die hard fan in the 90s, interest got a little unstable in the 2000s. I think my NBA knowledge is all-round. You can ask the two soccer mods if I'm committed or not :)

Pittz
09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
First, a suggestion. In the MLB All-Time Redraft, we did all players that played in 1900 or later, but it was a little unclear and some issues arose in the draft. You might want to just clarify "Even if the player only played one game in 1980, he'll count for the draft" or "At least half of his career must have been played from 1980 onwards." Someone drafted a player in the MLB draft that played like 5 games in 1900 and didn't even get a hit, and a lot of people thought it was unfair because he shouldn't count. Just an idea lol.

Team you want: Any
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I would like to be a co or an assistant, as it'll be my first NBA redraft
Prior Experience: Two MLB redrafts, one was All-Time (made the playoffs both times)
Why Should I Pick You? Because I'm level-headed, intelligent, and will help whoever wants me to join their team. Hooray!

AP=MVP
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Team you want: Pacer, T-Wolves, Jazz but it really doesn't matter
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I would rather work alone but I would take a co if someone I have done a previous mock or redraft with would like me as a co. No I will not be an assistant
Prior Experience: MLB Mock (second round) NFL Mock (NFC Champ Game) NBA Redraft (missed playoffs) NFL ReDraft (currently going) NFL All-time (made playoffs) MLB All-time (made playoffs)...... I think that is all
Why Should I Pick You? I am very active. I don't think I have ever had a skipped pick. Always send lists, if I can't make the pick myself.

AP=MVP
09-16-2010, 12:30 PM
First, a suggestion. In the MLB All-Time Redraft, we did all players that played in 1900 or later, but it was a little unclear and some issues arose in the draft. You might want to just clarify "Even if the player only played one game in 1980, he'll count for the draft" or "At least half of his career must have been played from 1980 onwards." Someone drafted a player in the MLB draft that played like 5 games in 1900 and didn't even get a hit, and a lot of people thought it was unfair because he shouldn't count. Just an idea lol.

Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I would like to be a co or an assistant, as it'll be my first NBA redraft
Prior Experience: Two MLB redrafts, one was All-Time (made the playoffs both times)
Why Should I Pick You? Because I'm level-headed, intelligent, and will help whoever wants me to join their team. Hooray!

Haha that would be me.

But it was perfectly fair I got the approval of all the commissioners before I made that selection

x_notorious
09-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Team you want: Lakers
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? No. I want to work solo.
Prior Experience: Plenty of re-drafts, winning 3 of them altogether.
Why Should I Pick You? Cuz you asked me to join. :)

clehmun
09-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Team you want: Bulls, Pistons, Magic, Hawks, Blazers, really don't matter.
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I'd like to go solo, but won't mind an assistant.
Prior Experience: Plenty of re-drafts, mocks. Winning last year's mock.
Why Should I Pick You? Active, plays to win.

Pittz
09-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Haha that would be me.

But it was perfectly fair I got the approval of all the commissioners before I made that selection

Yeah, I'm not saying it was against the rules, but that the rules should be a little bit more defined lol

Mile High Champ
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Bump

Catfish1314
09-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Team: Sacramento Kings, any
Co: Sure if it's someone I know.
Prior Experience: I've done like ten mock offseasons, a mock deadline, several NBA ReDrafts, and the last All-Time ReDraft. I won a couple of those things.
Why Should I Pick You? Why not? :)

r7m7s7
09-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Team you want: Knicks, Bulls Rockets,
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?: This would be my first redraft so I would be happy being an assistant to learn
Prior Experience: None
Why shold I pick you?: I am a huge basketball fan, an active forum participant, and I am committed

ABOMB_56
09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Team: Any
Do you want a Co: Going to be working with Ebbs
Prior Experience: Wrestling RD, NFL RD
Why should I pick you: Because I am a big basketball fan who is active and knowledgeable (I hope) about sports. Also, MHC, I beat you in Madden ;)

greg_ory_2005
09-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Team you want: Doesn't matter
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?: Rather be alone
Prior Experience: Been in numerous redrafts, mocks and stuff in all sports
Why Should I Pick You? Besides me being the mayne, I'm such a PSD vet. :cool:

Chacarron
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Team you want: Clippers(I'll un-curse them), or any other team
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Preferably have a CO-GM: lakers4sho
Prior Experience: 2 NBA Mocks, 1 soccer redraft
Why Should I Pick You? I'm very active in all these competitions.

Ebbs
09-16-2010, 03:57 PM
chaca you realize itsa a redraft so we all start with 0 players right?

Chacarron
09-16-2010, 03:58 PM
chaca you realize itsa a redraft so we all start with 0 players right?

I know and they have a bad history with drafts.

njnets
09-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Team you want: idc
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I WANT TO BE A ASSISTANT. I DONT HAVE TIME TO BE A FULL TIME GM. unless someone wants be a GM with me and basically have their own team, id be down for that.
Prior Experience: many mocks and redrafts in the past
Why Should I Pick You? i want to be an assistant, not many people ask for that. so i think im pretty unique lol

ChiSox219
09-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I'll take any available team

Rivera
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Team Wanted: magic is my first choice cause thats my team but i honestly dont care ill take any team
Do you want a Co-GM - preferably no....but i dont mind either
Expierence - never done a redraft but im DOWN!!!
Why you should pick me: cause my name is rivera!!! and this was post # 900 for me!!

ABOMB_56
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
I prefer to be an assistant so if anyone wants one, please hit me up via VM/PM

Iggz53
09-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Team you want: Bulls
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? If necessary (not assistant)
Prior Experience: 2010 NBA ReDraft
Why Should I Pick You? I always respond to PM's and VM's from other users. I'm active as well.

Sportfan
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Team you want: Lakers, Celtics, Bulls Raptors Heat.
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? wont be an assisstant want a co. (No nooob though, someone that's actually smart
Prior Experience: too much to type.
Why Should I Pick You? Because I'm a B0$$?

kArSoN RyDaH
09-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Team you want:Lakers, or any available team
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? no. but id be willing to be a co-gm or assistant in order to fully learn the process and gain experience.
Prior Experience: this would be my first time
Why Should I Pick You? i am always on PSD and am always following basketball. im an active poster for 2 years now. moreso recently than when i first started. ive been reading on psd for 5 years total and am familiar with the way things work. i know just about as much as there is to know about basketball and players. PICKK ME!!!

ElFuturoDeESPN
09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Team you want: Portland Trail Blazers, Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic or Seattle Supersonics (Just do itttt!), but I'm content just getting a team.

Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I wouldn't mind having a co, but (if you're so willing) hopefully it will be someone with experience in these. A hefty post count would be nice, too, so I know they're committed in some sense.

Prior Experience: NBA Redraft (Co'd with KoB), MLB All-time (Co'd with Zambo), NFL redraft (Co'd with Goblazers7), Wrestling redraft, TKO baseball, NBA Sim league

Why Should I Pick You: Although I'm still "fairly" new (less than a year on the site) I'm an experienced poster, as well as an experienced GM in numerous redrafts. I'm very active on the site and have a pretty vast knowledge of NBA history.

lakers4sho
09-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Team you want: any team

Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? co sure, assistant nevermind

Prior Experience: ran 1st ever all time redraft

Why Should I Pick You: SHOULD you pick me?

randomness
09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Team you want: Any team available, but preferably the Raptors.
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I want a co-gm.
Prior Experience: NBA/MLB Re-Drafts, Mock Offseasons
Why Should I Pick You? I'm active and have some experience in these things.

xbrackattackx
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I'll Do the Clippers or Bobcats

I have Redraft Exp, I am fun and I am a active everyday poster so I would be awesome at this. and if these teams are taken Ill take any team.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Team you want:Any Team would do. I prefer 1 of the following though: Raptors, Knicks, or Suns. If it's not possible for any of the teams I want, any is good.

Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Prefer no co(I'll ask Unleash though if he wants and If he signs up and is willing, I will be co with with) and will not be an assistant.

Prior Experience:NBA Redraft the last 2 times, NBA Mock offseason last time, Wrestling redraft and a couple more games on other sites

Why Should I Pick You? I want to redeem myself from my embarrasing NBA Mock Offseason and I am very active. I usually am there to tell the next person they are up and I have never missed a pick in my 2 redrafts on this site.

phlp_bj
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Team you want: Doesn't Matter
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Preferably not
Prior Experience: I have played in various redrafts/mocks on psd. Currently in the sim league. Won the 2008 mock offseason.
Why Should I Pick You?: You know me from past psd games. I am one of the most active ones, with trading, or just being on psd in general. If I can't get a team without a co, I'll just sit out this game and get on the next one then, which is fine. Thanks

ChiSox219
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Strongly prefer to work alone
Prior Experience: 2010 NBA Mock Trade Deadline
Why Should I Pick You? Active, constant access to internet, NBA is life

zambo4president
09-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Team you want: Blazers, Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, Hawks
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I wouldn't mine my boy futuro, but prefer to work by myself
Prior Experience: Experience out the *** you guys know me, Im in every mock and redraft there is
Why Should I Pick You? Extremely active, Knowledgeable, Ill help contribute for the better of this redraft.

homestarunner93
09-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Team you want: Don't care, whatever team is open.
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? If I can approve them first, I guess so.
Prior Experience: Tons of games...too many to list.
Why Should I Pick You? I'm the greatest.

John Walls Era
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Prefer to work by myself. Wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 assistants.
Prior Experience: NFL 2010 Redraft + non PSD related redrafts
Why Should I Pick You? Almost always on. Extremely active.

TO Rapz
09-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Team you want: Toronto raptors. doesnt matter really.
Do you want co or willing to be an assistant? I d like a co please.
Prior Experience: Soccer re draft.
Why should I pick you?: I am very active. Never have been skipped. Follow basketball closely. Always end in lists. Love competition. :cheers:

goblazers7
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Team you want:Blazer,T Wolves, GSW, Pistons, any team :D
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?Yeah and I can be with anyone, but ElFuturoDeESPN could be my Co.
Prior Experience: Currently in NFL Re Draft. Doing great.
Why Should I Pick You? I'm a good Co and I love these PSD games, they're great and lots of fun to do. Thanks!

Duddy
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Team you want: 76ers, LAL, Bulls, but i'm willing to accept any team
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I wouldn't mind having a co or being an assistant
Prior Experience: none related to redrafts
Why Should I Pick You? I'm from Brazil and would really add something to this redraft.

Mile High Champ
09-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Bump,

SugeKnight
09-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Team you want: Warriors, doesnt really matter though
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I dont mind having an assistant
Prior Experience: Mock Offseason and redrafts on other sites
Why Should I Pick You? I am kind and active :)

aussie
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Team you want: Hornets (First person to say it :D)
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?: I don't mind
Prior Experience: Umm NBA Live Franchise mode, and helping out the bob_york with the pistons on the mock draft (but i would love my own team)
Why Should I Pick You? Active, Fun :) and a Hornets fan and also i would like to play this as it looks fun

The_Jamal
09-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Team you want:Sacramento, but really don't mind
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I'd be alright with being a Co if I know before hand who it is. Had bad experience in the nba mock
Prior Experience: Just got finished with the NBA mock draft which was my first PSD game
Why Should I Pick You? Even though i had Co problems, i still had a lot of fun with the mock game and thought i did a pretty solid job of recovering the team. I was very active in that game as well. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the game and enjoy playing with like-minded people. Thanks!

PhillyLuver
09-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Team you want: VRP and I want the Philadelphia Warriors
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? VRP obv
Prior Experience: i'm a badass
Why Should I Pick You? i'm a badass

VRP723
09-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Team you want: Philadelphia Warriors
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? PhillyLuver will be my co
Prior Experience: Ran the MLB All Time Redraft a few weeks ago
Why Should I Pick You? Because we'll ban you if you don't

BillyHoyle35
09-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Team you want: 1: Utah Jazz, 2: LA Clippers
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? I would be more than happy with having a Co or being an Assistant
Prior Experience: none, i have never participated in any mock drafts.
Why Should I Pick You? because i am someone interested who has not had the chance to participate before. I would be happy to team up with someone just to make it easier for myself to learn.

Get Dimes 21
09-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Team you want:Blazers,Wolves,Pistons,Wizards,Any
Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant?Yes, With GoBlazers7
Prior Experience:None, my friend plays these games so I'm going to do it w/ him
Why Should I Pick You?Cause I want to get into these guys cause I heard there tons of fun.

unleashthebeast
09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Team you want:Any Team would do. I prefer 1 of the following though: Raptors, Knicks, or Suns. If it's not possible for any of the teams I want, any is good.

Do you want a Co or willing to be an Assistant? Prefer no co(I'll ask Unleash though if he wants and If he signs up and is willing, I will be co with with) and will not be an assistant.

Prior Experience:NBA Redraft the last 2 times, NBA Mock offseason last time, Wrestling redraft and a couple more games on other sites

Why Should I Pick You? I want to redeem myself from my embarrasing NBA Mock Offseason and I am very active. I usually am there to tell the next person they are up and I have never missed a pick in my 2 redrafts on this site.

i will co with ya raps:love:. it doesnt matter to me what team i am.
Prior experience:last nba redraft,nba mock offseason and nfl redraft.
why should i pick u?: same reasons as raps. im hungry to do better than what i did last time and im one of the most active gms on here

Mr.Nate30
09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Team: Any
Co: yes plz
Prior Expericence: I have 2 NBA re-redrafts under my belt and currently ina wrestling redraft
Why u should pck me: Becuase i am normaly the most active poster

Mile High Champ
09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
GM list has been posted in the ALL time redraft forum. Please go check in!

Hellcrooner
09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
GM list has been posted in the ALL time redraft forum. Please go check in!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=397

Its Trickky to get here if you dont know where it is.

KnicksorBust
09-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I've never done a redraft but I'd like to be ur assistant to learn the ropes. Sorta like a silent partner learning the ropes.

MHC, I'm going to add PlezPlay as my assistant. Thanks.