PDA

View Full Version : SunSentinel: LeBron James viewed No. 6 among disliked athletes

JordansBulls
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-lebron-james-s091410,0,3939155.story

The latest round of skepticism regarding LeBron James' shift to the Miami Heat has nothing to do with either of the brothers Van Gundy. This time, the cynicism comes from John Q. Public, with an emphasis on the "Q."

CNBC reported Tuesday that James' "Q Score" has him rated among the public as the sixth-most-disliked figure in U.S. professional sports.

According to the CNBC report, The Q Scores Company, which conducts such popularity polls, has James currently viewed in a negative light by 39 percent of the general population.

That figure places James sixth among disliked sports personalities, according to the company's polling, behind only Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, PGA Tour star Tiger Woods, Cincinnati Bengals wide receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco, and Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant.

Of the January polling, Schafer told CNBC, "LeBron's positive score at that time was the highest we had ever seen it.

"Instead of his change to the Heat being seen as the best way he can win a championship, many have looked at it and how he chose to announce it as a selfish move."

TylerSL
09-15-2010, 08:28 AM
thats funny, because Lebron didnt do anything to anybody. He left Cleveland in a bad way. Not like he is the first.

bigsams50
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
LMAO, i actually like everyone named in that list

ATX
09-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Oh boy, here we go...

thescore53
09-15-2010, 08:43 AM
i dont hate lebron. i respect him as a person. only thing i hate is when he goes off on my team.

tcav701
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Why is this thread about LeBron when Kobe is ahead of him on this list?

i think you're trying to start a fire man.

tredigs
09-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Great thread idea, JB! ...

dnewguy
09-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Yea they hate him....but they'll watch and buy his Jerseys.

gsgs49
09-15-2010, 08:55 AM

This:clap:

Antipod
09-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I wonder, if he fails to win it next year, will ppl hate him more or less? )

Enemey
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM

Hmmm Idk maybe because everyone knows Kobe Bryant has been hated for years and Lebron now joined him ?

tcav701
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Hmmm Idk maybe because everyone knows Kobe Bryant has been hated for years and Lebron now joined him ?

You completely missed the point and some how turned it into defending your man like a jealous girlfriend.

This is EXACTLY why this is a terrible thread.

masalex1205
09-15-2010, 09:09 AM
he brought it on himself

Enemey
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
You completely missed the point and some how turned it into defending your man like a jealous girlfriend.

This is EXACTLY why this is a terrible thread.

How was I defending Kobe? You asked why is this thread about Lebron and not Kobe seeing as they both were on that list and I simply answered it with a fact.

Calm down everythings gonna be alright. I know your not used to Lebron being hated but somehow or someway you'll just be fine.

tcav701
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
How was I defending Kobe? You asked why is this thread about Lebron and not Kobe seeing as they both were on that list and I simply answered it with a fact.

Calm down everythings gonna be alright. I know your not used to Lebron being hated but somehow or someway you'll just be fine.

For the record, I dislike LeBron very much.

However, the past few months have shown us LeBron hate threads are a bad idea that bring out uneducated LeBron and Kobe jock riders.

Law25
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM

^ LOL so true LOL

Slimsim
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
What do all those guys have incommon ?

king4day
09-15-2010, 09:45 AM

It's probably because Kobe's been there. Lebron has never been this high before.

thescore53
09-15-2010, 09:48 AM
hes getting paid 110 million to play a game... a game some of us pay for to play in house leagues. he has a house so lavish that just the taxes are a mill a month. now throw in the money he gets from endorsements. and the fact he can get any women he wants. and you'll see why he doesnt give a **** who loves or hates him.

Flojo
09-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Because Kobe has never been liked by the media. Lebron, on the other hand, moved up into the list.

Big Zo
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
What do all those guys have incommon ?

I'd say it's that they're all black, but is Tiger Woods really "black"? :D

Slimsim
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd say it's that they're all black, but is Tiger Woods really "black"? :D

Yup They are all black.

KnicksorBust
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Surprising. I actually would have thought he was higher.

HoopsDrive
09-15-2010, 10:03 AM
how is Big Ben not there

Slimsim
09-15-2010, 10:43 AM
how is Big Ben not there

or Roger clemens

RaiderLakersA's
09-15-2010, 10:47 AM

Same here. But then again, I don't expect sports figures to be role models or my personal Messiah. They're human; they bleed; they succumb to ego gratification just like everyone else.

Russollini
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
OK this is the situation.... I AM A HEAT FAN, so this is not a hate letter!

Kobe was a cocky, arrogant, punk kid with a TON of talent. He had scandals and teammate issues. Lebron was seen as the air-appearant without the baggage. A young prodigy that was squeaky clean, loved the game, and played for his home team. He was a hero. He was everything the media wanted him to be, and then he broke their hearts, as he was not all the things the media said about him. He was selfish, lacked heart and acted like a spoiled child, but that was who he was all along. We just did not want to see it.

Him leaving Cleveland was not the issue. It started with his tantrum and poor play in the playoffs (actually started the year before when he refused to shake-hands after their early exit from the playoffs), then continued with his misguided "Decision". I initially thought it was a great idea as it would raise a ton of money for the Boys and Girls Club, but it was not about the BGC, it was about him. He wanted the spotlight and spit in the face of his former team and the league. Had he gone to Cleveland it would have been a great idea as he would have been a hero, but he proved that all he wanted was all eyes on him.

As I said, I am a Heat fan. I am glad we have his talent in Miami, but I hope that D-Wade's Maturity rubs off on him a bit, so far I have seen nothing to prove this is the case.

Ebbs
09-15-2010, 10:51 AM
lol Kobe is still more hated.

RaiderLakersA's
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Why is this thread about LeBron when Kobe is ahead of him on this list? i think you're trying to start a fire man.

Kobe has had low "Q scores" for some time now. He is the proverbial anti-hero.

This is probably the first time that LeBron has had as low a public opinion score. Worth noting, but probably not worth fretting if I were LeBron. If it's one thing that we know, the court of public opinion is fickle and usually misinformed. You got money and fame, all you can do now is put some championship metal in the cupboards.

D Roses Bulls
09-15-2010, 11:03 AM

no he isnt......... i saw this article yesterday........ the title of the story is about lebron and talks about how the miami 3 all lost fans since they joined up. it was on fox sports as well.

daleja424
09-15-2010, 11:10 AM
no he isnt......... i saw this article yesterday........ the title of the story is about lebron and talks about how the miami 3 all lost fans since they joined up. it was on fox sports as well.

did you read it? It pretty clearly states that Kobe is still more hated then Lebron despite his fall from grace...

JordansBulls
09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I just thought it was interesting to see two of the top 4 players in the NBA are considered most disliked.