PDA

View Full Version : Now Steve Francis is getting the China bug

Knick_Fever
09-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I think the NBA has finally done away with these score first, AND-1 mentality type of point guards, which was the trend late 90's early 2000's. Its good to finally see real point guards running the show again.

By Trey Kerby

Attention all former NBA guards who wore No. 3, scored a bunch and were drafted in the 1990s China wants you. Stephon Marbury(notes) set the precedent, Allen Iverson(notes) is considering a trip, and now he's got a buddy who might want to split a cab with him once they land in Beijing Steve Francis(notes). Sounds like a party.

From Xinhua News:

Three-time All-Star and former Houston Rockets guard Steve Francis said on Wednesday that he hopes to play basketball in China if the condition is right.

Francis, who is loved and remembered by many Chinese fans as a superb basketball player and the "big brother" to Houston Rockets center Yao Ming(notes), said in an interview with Xinhua that he loves China and his Chinese fans.

The 33-year-old, once known as "Franchise" as the cornerstone of the Rockets', said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.

He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.

"I will play in China if the money is good," he said. "Coaching is also an option."

Steve Francis and China would be a perfect fit, if you ask me. Not only are the Chinese fans familiar with him from his days alongside Yao Ming, his game is exactly what they like over there shooting, dunks and fancy passes. And considering no NBA team is jumping at the chance to add Francis, he might as well go dominate and make some money while enjoying some delicious cuisine. It's a win-win.

So yeah, all you old No. 3s out there need to get on the horn with your agents to see what's up with China. I'm looking at you, Bob Sura

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Now-Steve-Francis-is-getting-the-China-bug;_ylt=Ai.CzgFC78Z_rXu6ewWpNY68vLYF?urn=nba-269624

kikeyanez
09-15-2010, 01:09 AM
all the has been & washed up vets with pride are goin accross the global just so they can still feel like a star..wow

Sadds The Gr8
09-15-2010, 01:18 AM
if him and AI go, then Chinese league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

xxcubs22xx
09-15-2010, 01:23 AM
if him and AI go, then Chinese league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA

:confused:

cubbybear2290
09-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Man I loved Stevie when he was in the rockets and Orlando, he and T-mac were 2 of my favorite players in the league, cause this is when the bulls were TERRIBLE!!!!!! Too bad he was derailed by injuries I hope he can have a successful comeback, if he does go to China. Man I'm gonna have to youtube that guy now. He will always be one of my faves.

Sadds The Gr8
09-15-2010, 01:24 AM
:confused:

its a joke my friend, a joke.

BillyHoyle35
09-15-2010, 01:29 AM
The 33-year-old, once known as "Franchise" as the cornerstone of the Rockets', said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.

"Coaching is also an option."

I love how he says he cant afford to sit on the bench, but coaching is an option

Caps1989
09-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Mike James should go play in China too.

billyocean15
09-15-2010, 01:42 AM
damn. I used to rock the Steve Francis kicks back in the day too..that name brings back memories.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
I bet Antonie Walker is the next

thescore53
09-15-2010, 08:49 AM
he refused to play for Vancouver because of how far it was. but he's willing to go across the sea and play not only in a different country but continent ? that's how you know he is desperate.

Antipod
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
All stars game China - Marbury/Iverson/Francis/Walker...? :D:D

RocketPower2010
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I think the NBA has finally done away with these score first, AND-1 mentality type of point guards, which was the trend late 90's early 2000's. Its good to finally see real point guards running the show again.

By Trey Kerby

Attention all former NBA guards who wore No. 3, scored a bunch and were drafted in the 1990s China wants you. Stephon Marbury(notes) set the precedent, Allen Iverson(notes) is considering a trip, and now he's got a buddy who might want to split a cab with him once they land in Beijing Steve Francis(notes). Sounds like a party.

From Xinhua News:

Three-time All-Star and former Houston Rockets guard Steve Francis said on Wednesday that he hopes to play basketball in China if the condition is right.

Francis, who is loved and remembered by many Chinese fans as a superb basketball player and the "big brother" to Houston Rockets center Yao Ming(notes), said in an interview with Xinhua that he loves China and his Chinese fans.

He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.

"I will play in China if the money is good," he said. "Coaching is also an option."

Steve Francis and China would be a perfect fit, if you ask me. Not only are the Chinese fans familiar with him from his days alongside Yao Ming, his game is exactly what they like over there shooting, dunks and fancy passes. And considering no NBA team is jumping at the chance to add Francis, he might as well go dominate and make some money while enjoying some delicious cuisine. It's a win-win.

So yeah, all you old No. 3s out there need to get on the horn with your agents to see what's up with China. I'm looking at you, Bob Sura

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Now-Steve-Francis-is-getting-the-China-bug;_ylt=Ai.CzgFC78Z_rXu6ewWpNY68vLYF?urn=nba-269624

come on, really?

arkanian215
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
So... let me get this straight. Marbury, Iverson, Sean Williams and possibly Steve Francis as the faces of the CBA. Like someone else said, you should send Walker, bring Derrick Coleman out of retirement (he's broke anyway), Matt Barnes, Shawne Williams, who else?

Ray_R
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
its a joke my friend, a joke.

:boo:

Rivera
09-15-2010, 11:36 AM
ima have to order the chineese league on my NBA package

maurbury vs AI
AI vs Francis
Francis vs Maurbury

talk abt legendary matchups :D

C-Dub
09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
all them old number 3s would still be just fine in the nba if it wasnt biased. the nba is getting ********. this whole offseason was a joke.