PDA

View Full Version : Erick Dampier Waived

Jonathan2323
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ
Bobcats -- wow -- just announced release of Erick Dampier. Which means Damp will get to pick his next destination after clearing waivers

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Where will he end up?

footballer2369
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Miami.

dnewguy
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Where will he end up?

Sources said he will join the Heat.

ATX
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
He's headed to the Heat.

Jonathan2323
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I think he's headed to Miami, but if someone offers him more money i don't know.

KnicksGuard
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Back to the Mavs ... similar to Stackhouse being Traded then released then reunited with the Mavs for cheaper... Watch....

TylerSL
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Sources say Miami. If Miami gets him, haters cant use the excuse that the Heat are weak down low.

Wade_County
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
this is good news

TheTakeOver24
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
hopefully MIAMI

Carey
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I would think Miami is the odds on favorite and this would be a big pick up for them.

dhopisthename
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
it all depends on the offers he gets if he can get more than the minimum he will probably not be going to miami

Rivera
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
god i hope he dont go to miami....he would prolly b there best post defender with size (sorry haslem is only like 6 foot 8 n cant guard centers)

i hope he goes to the thunder instead!!!! go the knicks or somethin dont go to miami!!!

BOSTON617
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Sources say Miami. If Miami gets him, haters cant use the excuse that the Heat are weak down low.

celtics can :rolleyes:

Khalifa21
09-14-2010, 04:28 PM
He'll be in a Heat jersey by the start of the season.

soundjunkies2
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM

You can't really call them haters when the statement is true. Dampier will definitely help though.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Can someone actually list a source, instead of just saying "Sources Say" he's going to ......

I would think Heat and Mavs have an edge over anyone else.

dhopisthename
09-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Can someone actually list a source, instead of just saying "Sources Say" he's going to ......

espn link
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5572694

PLAYERS FAN
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
If Dampier goes to the Heat they will be a threat to the lakers inside presences!

jackdawson
09-14-2010, 04:36 PM

But this is Miami. And there's known to be mutual interest. In fact, Dampier has already told at least one long-time associate in his Jackson, Miss. hometown that Miami would be at the top of his list if he's released. Dampier's camp also indicated that to the Bobcats, who are convinced he's likely headed for Miami if Charlotte can't find a trade partner.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2010/09/heat-awaits-d-day-for-dampier.html#ixzz0zRBagC85

Ware_Spencer
09-14-2010, 04:38 PM
No way he signs with the Mavericks. They have 4 Centers now.

Chandler
Haywood
Mahinmi
Ajinca

If Dampier is going to sign for the League Minimum than he is going to go to the heat. Not to a team with 4 Centers already.

Would really help the Jazz out since Okur is out the first 2 months maybe even 3.

But the Jazz don't have more to offer than the Heat.

Wade_County
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Heres a link to a report from yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Bobcats-Dampier-headed-to-Heat-?urn=nba-269481

unleashthebeast
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
hopefully hes bound to south beach :pray:

Jonathan2323
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
IraHeatBeat
Given more thought, would Pat Riley essentially rob Ilgauskas of minutes in favor of Dampier? How would that sit, after all, with LeBron?

Hmmm

arkanian215
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. ó Unable to pull off a trade, the Bobcats have waived center Erick Dampier, which voids his $13 million contract and gets Charlotte under the luxury tax.

Tuesday's move comes a day after the Bobcats could have packaged Dampier's contract in a multiplayer deal. But the Bobcats found no takers in a deal that would have also given Charlotte its needed financial relief.

Getting rid of Dampier's unique contract gets Charlotte about $5 million below the $70.3 million luxury tax. A payroll figure above that trigger a dollar-for-dollar tax, something owner Michael Jordan has said the team wouldn't exceed.

Dampier will now be free to sign with any team.http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jfmaMTnni7fiy3eG1V64LZ4e_NNwD9I7T7G80

Rivera
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM

orlando can :rolleyes:

llemon
09-14-2010, 04:53 PM

Dampier is strength down low?

james21
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM

And if he goes to another contender celtics, bulls, Im sure heat fans will say he's garbage, and a non- factor!

RCarlson85
09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Back to the Mavs ... similar to Stackhouse being Traded then released then reunited with the Mavs for cheaper... Watch....

You really think he's going to go back to the Mavs to play 3rd string center at best? Come on now. He wants to win and championship and wants to play and his best chance to get both those things is on the Heat. He's going to Miami!

iggypop123
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
wow this makes that scub they gave 30 million dollars to a look like a huge mistake.

RCarlson85
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
You can't really call them haters when the statement is true. Dampier will definitely help though.

They are still haters because they're trying to find any possible reason that the Heat won't dominate everyone for the next 4 or 5 years. First it was a bench, now that they have a solid bench, it's size/low-post presence. If they sign Damp to shore up their bigs, then people will say they're still weak at PG. If they signed a better PG, haters would try to find something else to say is their weak point. Haters are always going to hate, whether it is reasonable or not.

Hellcrooner
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
pathetic.

Npw he will join the rest of the Lynch Mob down there.

Hellcrooner
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
he shuld join raptors alowing barvnani o play his real position at pf.

beasted86
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Well first, Cuban would have to pay more luxury tax just to try and spite the Heat. Second, Dampier would have to be willing to go back to Dallas knowing there is little to no chance he will ever see minutes at all with Haywood, Chandler, and possibly even Ian Mahinmi who had a really good summer league all ahead of him in the rotation.

I don't think it happens. Mavs already have 4 Centers: Haywood, Chandler, Mahinmi, and Ajinca... plus Dirk who might see minutes there.

beasted86
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
he shuld join raptors alowing barvnani o play his real position at pf.

The Raps only have the veteran minimum, they spent their MLE & BAE already.

Plus, seriously, the Raptors? :facepalm:

abe_froman
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Well first, Cuban would have to pay more luxury tax just to try and spite the Heat. Second, Dampier would have to be willing to go back to Dallas knowing there is little to no chance he will ever see minutes at all with Haywood, Chandler, and possibly even Ian Mahinmi who had a really good summer league all ahead of him in the rotation.

I don't think it happens. Mavs already have 4 Centers: Haywood, Chandler, Mahinmi, and Ajinca... plus Dirk who might see minutes there.

he would,cuban would totally do that...but the 2nd part is why it wont happen.

PackerGuru
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
raps will pay money for his ****** ***

dbeastly
09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
orlando can :rolleyes:

I think based on the depth we have for every other position, Dampier Vs. Howard is something we are willing to deal with. Now the question is; is Wade vs. Carter, Lebron vs. Pietrus, or Bosh vs. Lewis something Orlando is willing to deal with?:up:

Antipod
09-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Another body for Heat,,,

KnicksGuard
09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
ok well see....

LTBaByyy
09-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Its funny now everyone says Damp will help a lot but when he was with the mavs he was the worst post to everyone on here and the butt of jokes

I guess it was bc the contract he had lol who knows

5ass
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
i say he is going to get offers from miami toronto and OKC.. OKC and Toronto will offer him more money, but he will sign with miami

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I think based on the depth we have for every other position, Dampier Vs. Howard is something we are willing to deal with. Now the question is; is Wade vs. Carter, Lebron vs. Pietrus, or Bosh vs. Lewis something Orlando is willing to deal with?:up:

This. Orlando is going to just get abused by the Heat.

kjoke
09-14-2010, 05:53 PM
HEAT fans, lets take a chill pill, well smack talk after we sign him

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
damn kjoke, whered u get that bron preview. pretty sick to see some vid so early

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
i guess heat.com huh, says on the gif

kjoke
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
yeah

Grifftiggs
09-14-2010, 06:15 PM
My Jammmmiiiii

Rivera
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM

bosh is soft so ill take the bosh vs lewis and bass matchup....member bosh has to guard rashard at the 3 pt line.....lebron vs pietrus ehh pietrus didnt do a bad job on lebron in the ECF 2 yrs ago....wade absoloutley abuses orlando no matter what.....we have great TEAM defense and we have been near the top the past 3 seasons we will be ok vs the heat

This. Orlando is going to just get abused by the Heat.

i will make any bet vs u that orlando wins the regular season series vs the miami heat

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
bosh is soft so ill take the bosh vs lewis and bass matchup....member bosh has to guard rashard at the 3 pt line.....lebron vs pietrus ehh pietrus didnt do a bad job on lebron in the ECF 2 yrs ago....wade absoloutley abuses orlando no matter what.....we have great TEAM defense and we have been near the top the past 3 seasons we will be ok vs the heat

i will make any bet vs u that orlando wins the regular season series vs the miami heat

:laugh: Miami split the series with ORL last season and you think the magic can win 3 games off miami this season...:facepalm: Pass some of that over here.

Stunner
09-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Bulls if they trade Noah for Melo but most likely Heat

IversonIsKrazy
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Miami, NY, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Oaklahoma & Portland are all good destinations for him. ALthough, my guess is that Miami will contact him first and he'll join with them, but do they have any money to spend? Teams under the cap at the start of off-season, don't get a MLE I think, which would mean Miami doesn't.

Tmath
09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Damp is garbage

dbeastly
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
HEAT fans, lets take a chill pill, well smack talk after we sign him

Haha it wasn't smack talk it just seemed that he believes Orlando is OK with us getting Dampier. While in reality that position is the only one they have a big advantage on us.

xILLN355
09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
wow. thats insane. all i could say haha

dodie53
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
uh huh.
miami will have it's down low defender.

TylerSL
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
to the guy who said that Heat fans would say he is garbage if he didnt sign, were not Bulls fans....... About me saying haters cant use the excuse were weak down low. To the guy that told me "Boston can :rolleyes:", yea Boston can, I can go on and on about how good the Celtics are. IMO if they were healthy they would have 3peated this season. Boston is the only team that has a chance beat us in the East. To the guy that said "Orlando can :rolleyes:", well :facepalm: to you, Howard already gets into foul trouble, what do you think will happen with Wade and Lebron getting to the rim at will? Im guessing 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes of the game. I am not at all worried about Howard.

Caps1989
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Erica has no inside presence, hes just a blob.

RCarlson85
09-14-2010, 08:19 PM
:laugh: Miami split the series with ORL last season and you think the magic can win 3 games off miami this season...:facepalm: Pass some of that over here.

Yeah that's pretty funny. If all they can do is split the series with us last year with the weak team we had, I don't know how they can possibly do better than that this year. All they've done this off-season is add Duhon and Q, while subtracting Barnes.

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Haha it wasn't smack talk it just seemed that he believes Orlando is OK with us getting Dampier. While in reality that position is the only one they have a big advantage on us.

dampier by no means stops dwight this yr :speechless:

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Miami, NY, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Oaklahoma & Portland are all good destinations for him. ALthough, my guess is that Miami will contact him first and he'll join with them, but do they have any money to spend? Teams under the cap at the start of off-season, don't get a MLE I think, which would mean Miami doesn't.

is that true?

caddiemaster
I heard he misses Don Nelson and wants to reunite for one more season with the Don!lol

TylerSL
Erica has no inside presence, hes just a blob.

ha, I bet ur just pissed cause he wants to go to Miami. The guy had a Block% of 4.5%. Yeah he isnt a low post presence :rolleyes:. Dont just let hate judge your oppinion, youll learn that your posts are rediculous when you do that.

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
i dont buy all this dwight is gonna foul out. i bet all these players take what miami did as a huge challenge for them. you dont think dwight wants to beat the heat this season?!?? cmon

J$mo0th_3o5
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
He's gonna take his talents down to South Beach:D

BigEasy1323
09-14-2010, 08:37 PM
is that true?

Miami will not get their mid level exception until next summer, but a team can sign anybody up to and beyond the cap on the vet minimum. (I believe the vet min is 1.3 million)

Rivera
09-14-2010, 08:48 PM

nah im a greedy smoker im not givin u none of my haze for ****

aight so ima see u in the playoffs and we will bet then since u dont think u guys r gonna have a better season series vs orlando

llemon
09-14-2010, 08:51 PM
He's gonna take his talents down to South Beach:D

He shouldn't need much luggage to pack all that talent.

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
nah im a greedy smoker im not givin u none of my haze for ****

aight so ima see u in the playoffs and we will bet then since u dont think u guys r gonna have a better season series vs orlando

Keep your haze...i got some Kush :smoking:

Venomous88
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
With Dampier in the middle, that would take a lot of stress of Bosh with having to come off the weak side to help Anthony defend bigger centers and Bosh wouldn't have to play Center position at all which he said he definitely doesn't want to play. On the offensive side, with Dampier down low, Bosh will have more opportunities to score from the mid range where he is really good at. This signing could only bring good things for the Heat.

llemon
09-14-2010, 09:07 PM
This signing could only bring good things for the Heat.

Well, it would bring one old Center to Miami.

Rivera
09-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Keep your haze...i got some Kush :smoking:

kush is crack.....i need some kush havent had some since abt sunday

but at least the haze i got is crack :smoking:

Wade>You
09-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Keep your haze...i got some Kush :smoking:Why aren't you sharing then? :eyebrow:;)

kikeyanez
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
erick dampier is a good dude i met him when he was at g state he hooked me up with front row seats,but back to the point big D is about money! if you got the money you will land erick

Rivera
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Why aren't you sharing then? :eyebrow:;)

hes prolly greedy like me put 5 up and ill think abt letting u hit this L once!!!

AznBallers03
09-14-2010, 09:36 PM

:facepalm::facepalm: Omg lol Btw Celtics Beat Orlando Easy With the Big 3
The Old KG= Lets Say cb4 of now LOL wich Cb4 way better now anways...
Lebron Over Pierce....Pietrus Struggle at Pierce isnt???
D.wade will Kill Vc..... Howard Vs Joel Anthony,Z,Dampier will hold at least 30-40% of the game of Dwight.... and with all the Double team On Lebron or D.wade or Cb4... man.... :facepalm: again on ur post ._.

And If u think that Pietrus will guard vs Lebron like 2years ago... Hell no Lebron had 1 all star with Him during this playoff Run Was Mo... Wich wasnt a big Thread... If u realise that the BIG 3 Of Miami Will create a High fiel goal %%% for every1 in the Roster... So yea heat will beat Magic in 4 or 5 If Lebron n Others want more vacation in Orlando or in Disney :D

thekmp211
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
dampier/anthony/magloire could create a three-headed perkins. i would imagine big z gets cut or retirse, not sure he'll see a ton of time.

Sportsisoxygen
09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
If he ends up with the heat that would be one disgusting starting lineup. He has nothing on d12 though.

dbeastly
09-15-2010, 12:08 AM
D.wade will Kill Vc..... Howard Vs Joel Anthony,Z,Dampier will hold at least 30-40% of the game of Dwight.... and with all the Double team On Lebron or D.wade or Cb4... man.... :facepalm: again on ur post ._.

And If u think that Pietrus will guard vs Lebron like 2years ago... Hell no Lebron had 1 all star with Him during this playoff Run Was Mo... Wich wasnt a big Thread... If u realise that the BIG 3 Of Miami Will create a High fiel goal %%% for every1 in the Roster... So yea heat will beat Magic in 4 or 5 If Lebron n Others want more vacation in Orlando or in Disney :D

I don't think you get my point at all. I am saying Miami will destroy Orlando with Dampier. You actually just supported my point?

dbeastly
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
dampier by no means stops dwight this yr :speechless:

OMG SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!. I know Howard is still a lot better than Dampier. All i'm saying is at least we can limit his already suspect offense to the point where Lebron and Wade will have no trouble tearing that team up. Dampier makes centers work and that's all we really need him for. Dwight has trouble ALWAYS against the Heat b/c Wade gets him in early foul trouble. When defending Wade or Lebron it does not matter if you are DPOY.

jkiddvc20
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
They just keep on flocking down to Miami

NBA-GMaster
09-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Team interested: Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Mavs(since Thomas wont play for the upcoming season) and maybe Bulls (if they trade Noah for Melo)..

llemon
09-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Team interested: Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Mavs(since Thomas wont play for the upcoming season) and maybe Bulls (if they trade Noah for Melo)..

Mavs? Which Thomas do you mean?

RCarlson85
09-15-2010, 01:22 AM
If he ends up with the heat that would be one disgusting starting lineup. He has nothing on d12 though.

He doesn't have to be better than Dwight. Everyone says the Heat need more size/toughness which Damp would provide. They don't need a superstar center when they have Wade/Lebron/Bosh.

Hoopsadvocate
09-15-2010, 01:34 AM

Come on man be real Lewis was non factor in the playoffs and if bosh is soft at double digit boards a game then what does that make rashard. The magic is my 2nd favorite team (lived in orlando for a couple years) When u talk about the lebron match up he didnt have wade and bosh next to him so he was allowed to be double/triple teamed that wont happen now (plus if didnt do a bad job means an avg of 38.5 ppg http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2009/) ill take it lol.

Point being anyone would take the disadvantage at center between dampier and howard vs the other disadvantages at pf,sf, and sg.

TheHoopsProphet
09-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Maybe its farfetched but I have a theory.

Now hear me out, Michael Jordan is a hell of a competitive player. He wants to be the greatest, and wants to stay that way. He knew that the Heat badly needed a big body down low to stop the undoubted penetration that would ensue. Most would agree that this is really the last year for Kobe to try and win a ring with chances in his favor. And if Kobe did win, it would be his sixth.

I think you know where I'm going with this. And I know equal championships doesn't automatically make you as good, but it makes you a legitimate debate for conversation. And Jordan doesn't want that.

Far-fetched? Maybe. Possible? With MJ, most definitely.

beasted86
09-15-2010, 01:47 AM

Now hear me out, Michael Jordan is a hell of a competitive player. He wants to be the greatest, and wants to stay that way. He knew that the Heat badly needed a big body down low to stop the undoubted penetration that would ensue. Most would agree that this is really the last year for Kobe to try and win a ring with chances in his favor. And if Kobe did win, it would be his sixth.

I think you know where I'm going with this. And I know equal championships doesn't automatically make you as good, but it makes you a legitimate debate for conversation. And Jordan doesn't want that.

:pity:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

llemon
09-15-2010, 01:50 AM

Honestly, your theory sounds kind of ridiculous.

Hoopsadvocate
09-15-2010, 01:50 AM

doesnt make sense becuase then the HEAT and wade or lebron add to there ring count and while its not at 6 now its very possible to be around that area. Plus jordan already announced his displeasure for the HEATs trio and realeasing him by no means makes it a lock for him to go to the HEAT as the thunder/bulls/ etc are all possible suitors doesnt make sense to take such a risk. The more logical reason as has been reported many times is the owner wanted them under the cap so he let him go because he couldnt find a trade to add players while still being under the cap.

PLUS... We didnt need jordans help in landing him, if we do land him, as if he would have been traded whatever team that would have traded for him would have released him neway. So your theory = wrong.

TheHoopsProphet
09-15-2010, 01:55 AM
doesnt make sense becuase then the HEAT and wade or lebron add to there ring count and while its not at 6 now its very possible to be around that area. Plus jordan already announced his displeasure for the HEATs trio and realeasing him by no means makes it a lock for him to go to the HEAT as the thunder/bulls/ etc are all possible suitors doesnt make sense to take such a risk. The more logical reason as has been reported many times is the owner wanted them under the cap so he let him go because he couldnt find a trade to add players while still being under the cap.

PLUS... We didnt need jordans help in landing him, if we do land him, as if he would have been traded whatever team that would have traded for him would have released him neway. So your theory = wrong.

Look, I'm a Lakers fan but I'm no Kobe homer. That being said, Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan there is. The Heat could go 5 for 5 in their quest for a ring, but they wouldn't mean as much as Kobe's 5. They said theyre willing to share the glory, and that's exactly what the Heat trio is doing, Kobe is a selfish prick and wants all the glory, and he's getting it too.

In other words, he'd rather the Lebron gang win 6 then Kobe.

llemon
09-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Look, I'm a Lakers fan but I'm no Kobe homer. That being said, Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan there is. The Heat could go 5 for 5 in their quest for a ring, but they wouldn't mean as much as Kobe's 5. They said theyre willing to share the glory, and that's exactly what the Heat trio is doing, Kobe is a selfish prick and wants all the glory, and he's getting it too.

Sorry, still ridiculous

beasted86
09-15-2010, 02:00 AM

Seriously, are you on something while posting? :confused:

Anyway, the Bobcats traded for Dampier and now waived him because he had a 100% non-guaranteed deal. Waiving him cuts the $6M in luxury tax they would have had to pay if they kept Chandler.

IBleedPurple
09-15-2010, 04:57 AM

Take a breather, now try to make at least 1 complete sentence.

Dampier is a decent backup, nothing more. I'm sure he'll contribute to the problem of basketball that is the Heat.

TylerSL
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM

wow, not only is that completly retarted, but the Heat can already beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. They released Dampier because he was making 13 million and they could get under the luxury tax. :facepalm: I cant believe you accually believe that. Wow!

ATX
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Take a breather, now try to make at least 1 complete sentence.

Dampier is a decent backup, nothing more. I'm sure he'll contribute to the problem of basketball that is the Heat.

Get over it already. Jesus Christ. "The problem of basketball" Give me a break. You said what you thought about Dampier, why is it necessary to throw that last line in there except to bait Heat fans? Give it a freakin' rest.

Rivera
09-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Come on man be real Lewis was non factor in the playoffs and if bosh is soft at double digit boards a game then what does that make rashard. The magic is my 2nd favorite team (lived in orlando for a couple years) When u talk about the lebron match up he didnt have wade and bosh next to him so he was allowed to be double/triple teamed that wont happen now (plus if didnt do a bad job means an avg of 38.5 ppg http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2009/) ill take it lol.

Point being anyone would take the disadvantage at center between dampier and howard vs the other disadvantages at pf,sf, and sg.

rashard lewis is abt as soft as young burg

boards per game dont measure if a player is tough or not ask any raptor fan and they will tell u bosh is soft

well if u watched the pietrus vs lebron matchup the whole game plan was to let lebron score and lock down his shooters its not the best matchup for us but its the best we can do

that means wade wont score as much as orlando cause he HAD to score 38.5 ppg with lebron n bosh he WILL NOT AVERAGE 38.5 VS ORL

orlando has way better shooters than miami we have one of the best team defenses in the league the past few years

orl = no egos mia = 3 huge egos

orl = better team chemestry mia = better talent

its a question of chemestry vs talent n this season well see who comes out on top!

Niro
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM
i guess he is going to miami everything else would be dumb since he has the chance to get a ring and playing time

beasted86
09-15-2010, 03:12 PM

boards per game dont measure if a player is tough or not ask any raptor fan and they will tell u bosh is soft

well if u watched the pietrus vs lebron matchup the whole game plan was to let lebron score and lock down his shooters its not the best matchup for us but its the best we can do

that means wade wont score as much as orlando cause he HAD to score 38.5 ppg with lebron n bosh he WILL NOT AVERAGE 38.5 VS ORL

orlando has way better shooters than miami we have one of the best team defenses in the league the past few years

its a question of chemestry vs talent n this season well see who comes out on top!

Young Burg is Charmin soft, so I don't really get that analogy. Bosh is way better and way tougher than Lewis. He scores, rebounds, defends, gets to the FT line, is a better leader than him, is younger, and makes less money. Full sweep if you ask me.

The simple fact is the Magic have never had any answer for LeBron or Wade. You don't need to try and argue otherwise because SVG has admitted it a number of times. You guys have no way to stop them or limit them, or do anything against them, so imagine when both of them are on the court at the same time?

Anyway the primary advantages of the Magic are at PG & C where they beat the Heat pretty badly. Gortat might be better than any Center the Heat have, and Duhon might be better than any PG the Heat have... and that's before getting into the starters. I will readily admit that, I just wish you saw the same drastic advantage at SG, SF, and PF for Miami. I honestly think Haslem is probably as good as Lewis, and Miller is probably as good as Carter... but that's just me... forget about the Heat starters.

jackdawson
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM

:drunk::bang::pity::crazy::facepalm:

Klivlend
09-15-2010, 03:45 PM

Itís way too early to judge team chemistry. Give the Heat at least 15-20 games before you judge how well they gel. Hell, who knows, maybe they can be best friends on the court as well.

Rivera
09-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Young Burg is Charmin soft, so I don't really get that analogy.

exactly rashard lewis is even softer than bosh but he is still gonna assain him from 3 and when u bring up money in an argument for an NBA player that is irrelevant

u cant stop lebron or dwade one on one u can only home to contain them....but both on the same team....just pack the paint let them shoot and take ur chances thats what i would do and thats what SVG is gonna do

Rivera
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Anyway the primary advantages of the Magic are at PG & C where they beat the Heat pretty badly. Gortat might be better than any Center the Heat have, and Duhon might be better than any PG the Heat have... and that's before getting into the starters. I will readily admit that, I just wish you saw the same drastic advantage at SG, SF, and PF for Miami. I honestly think Haslem is probably as good as Lewis, and Miller is probably as good as Carter... but that's just me... forget about the Heat starters.

im not lookin at a few players here and there....there are only so many shots a team can take....i expect bron n wade to get at least 20+ shots a game....bosh is at least takin 15 +

thats 45 shots right there at least and u know its gonna b more than that

miller is going to be delegated as a spot up shooter with a rare drive to the basket we wont be able to see that much

haslem is not as good as lewis.....rashard lewis is wayyyyyyyy better than haslem.....he is a good glue guy he is as good as bass hes a little better

oO ShowTime Oo
09-15-2010, 04:13 PM
He be a good fit for okc

LeafsRaps
09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
All these FA's signing for the minimum (or close to) in Miami thinking they're guaranteed titles... I hope they go out in the first round.

LeafsRaps
09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
It's funny too how every single topic eventually turns into a debate about who's better than Miami...lol ;)

oO ShowTime Oo
09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Ino, there are too many heat fans think there bench is the best???
But hey, teams will shut the fans up. To me there good, but I don't think they will be The Best.
They re going to fall apart, and is going to get ugly. But that's me

Jonathan2323
09-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Ino, there are too many heat fans think there bench is the best???
But hey, teams will shut the fans up. To me there good, but I don't think they will be The Best.
They re going to fall apart, and is going to get ugly. But that's me

No HEAT fan thinks our bench is the best, but its good enough. Plus at least one or two of the big 3 will be playing aganist other teams 2nd units and that when the lead will increase even more. Then we have bench players that can make it rain (Mike Miller, Eddie House and James Jones).

Rivera
09-15-2010, 06:08 PM
y play the season???

its obvious the miami heat are gonna win the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Heater4life
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
y play the season???

its obvious the miami heat are gonna win the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

exactly!

beasted86
09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
haslem is not as good as lewis.....rashard lewis is wayyyyyyyy better than haslem.....he is a good glue guy he is as good as bass hes a little better

I'm really surprised by this considering how mediocre he was all season long, then followed it up with a putrid playoffs showing (36 MIN/G: 12.9 PPG, 5.6 REB 46% FG, 37% 3PT), and especially against Boston (36 MIN/G: 8.2 PPG, 5.8 REB 33% FG, 17% 3PT). :puke:

That's even worse production than Michael Beasley. If Lewis is any better than Haslem he sure hasn't shown it anytime recently.

leoncito
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah that's pretty funny. If all they can do is split the series with us last year with the weak team we had, I don't know how they can possibly do better than that this year. All they've done this off-season is add Duhon and Q, while subtracting Barnes.

Orlando has owned the heat in the last few years. It was something like 8-1. The only reason they lost to the heat last year is like you said Your team was weak and they didn't even bother showing up til the fourth quarter and even then wade had to make some crazy last minute shot to win one of those games.

Mavrix
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Would he start in Miami?

IBleedPurple
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Get over it already. Jesus Christ. "The problem of basketball" Give me a break. You said what you thought about Dampier, why is it necessary to throw that last line in there except to bait Heat fans? Give it a freakin' rest.

Don't take it personal, it wasn't baiting. It's just my feeling on what a terrible move all of this nonsense is for basketball. IMO, the players involved lack a little bit of character by making this decision. If it's your team, good for you.

Kakaroach
09-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I think it would be awesome if the Jazz got him to play some minutes at C until Okur gets healthy.

TO Rapz
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Big blow to Charlottes playoff aspirations. I think if they sign Mike James, they could be looking at a 4th seed. I cant believe hes still available!

LA_Raiders
09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Atlanta/Bucks/NY/NJ would be a great fits for him...

llemon
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Atlanta/Bucks/NY/NJ would be a great fits for him...

As would a retirement home

IBleedPurple
09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't mind him in Denver to be honest

Jonathan2323
09-15-2010, 11:06 PM
ChrisMannixSI
Houston Chronicle reporting Rockets offer to Dampier two-years, $4 million.

Keep an eye on Philadelphia possibly getting in the mix late. Sixers are without proven center after trading Sam Dalembert.

Those penciling Dampier in with the Heat: At 35, he's probably going to want to make as much $ as he can on next deal. MIA can offer minimum

xxcubs22xx
09-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I think the Bulls should go after him instead of possibly having to depend on Omer Asik

godolphins
09-15-2010, 11:50 PM
ChrisMannixSI

Didn't Dampier make a boat load of money with Dallas? He should be chasing for a ring not more money at 35

godolphins
09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
He made $60 million in six years, I don't think that his looking for big money at this point of his career.

IBleedPurple
09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Didn't Dampier make a boat load of money with Dallas? He should be chasing for a ring not more money at 35

And what basketball team plays in the same city as the Dolphins, that could sway your opinion......

godolphins
09-16-2010, 12:25 AM
And what basketball team plays in the same city as the Dolphins, that could sway your opinion......

Miami H-e-a-t