PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings believes Bucks will win Central and be a power to deal with

Celtic AL
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
ST. FRANCIS, Wis. – “Fear the Deer” became the popular rallying cry for the Milwaukee Bucks as they surprisingly advanced to the playoffs last season. Brandon Jennings(notes) has never been a big fan of the slogan, but he also thinks the words still ring true some five months after the Bucks lost in the first round.

“If we can get our chemistry together and get on the same page, then, yes, everybody should be worried about us,” Jennings said.

Brandon Jennings thinks the Bucks could be pointing toward a Central Division title.

(Getty Images)
Jennings and the Bucks have reason to feel good about their chances entering the new season. Not content to simply build upon last season’s success, the Bucks reshaped their roster during the summer. They acquired swingman Corey Maggette(notes), guard Chris Douglas-Roberts(notes) and forward Jon Brockman(notes) in trades, and signed forward Drew Gooden(notes), guards Keyon Dooling(notes) and Earl Boykins(notes) as free agents. Rookie power forward Larry Sanders(notes) is expected to make an impact off the bench immediately. Luc Mbah a Moute, Ersan Ilyasova(notes) and Carlos Delfino(notes) make the Bucks deep at small forward and give the team some tradable commodities. Most important, Milwaukee re-signed guard John Salmons(notes), who helped the team go 22-8 and reach the playoffs after he was acquired from the Chicago Bulls at the trade deadline.

More From Marc J. SpearsAnthony prefers move to Bulls, Knicks Sep 8, 2010 Nuggets’ new GM hopes to keep Anthony Aug 31, 2010 Give the small-market Bucks credit. They weren’t reluctant to spend. In addition to giving Salmons and Gooden contracts potentially worth $39 million and $32 million, respectively, Milwaukee also took on the remaining three years and $31 million of Maggette’s deal. The Bucks’ moves didn’t draw nearly the attention as those of the Miami Heat or Boston Celtics, but Jennings thinks Milwaukee’s hefty investment will pay off.

“We can win the Central Division, to tell you the truth,” Jennings said. “I’m gonna thank LeBron for leaving the Central Division. I would think it’s between us and Chicago, but I still think we are deeper right now.”

The Bucks will need to stay healthy if they hope to contend with the Eastern Conference’s elite. When Michael Redd(notes) will return from a left-knee injury that limited him to 18 games last season is anyone’s guess, but the more pressing concern is Andrew Bogut(notes). Bogut had developed into one of the league’s best centers while anchoring the Bucks’ defense before he went down with a gruesome right arm injury on April 3. After his hands slipped off the rim during a dunk attempt, he hit the court hard, breaking his index finger and dislocating his elbow.

“As soon as I came down, I looked down at my arm and saw it facing the other way,” Bogut said. “That’s when I let out the scream. It was probably the worst pain I ever felt in my life.”

Bogut needed two surgeries to repair the injuries, and there was initial concern he might not be ready for the start of the season. He allayed those fears last week after scrimmaging five-on-five at the Bucks’ practice facility. He wore an arm sleeve with a protective elbow pad, but his teammates didn’t hesitate to test him.

“I had to foul him on a fast break and I actually threw him on the ground,” Gooden said. “I forgot his elbow was messed up. He was playing pretty well out here, so you kind of forget that.”

Bogut has yet to regain a full range of motion in the arm and also is working to get his confidence back, but the Bucks are pleased he’s returned to the court two weeks before the start of camp.

“I definitely didn’t expect to be back this quick,” Bogut said. “I still have to be careful … but I’m going to just monitor it and make sure the swelling stays minimal.

“When I shoot the ball with my right hand, it’s going all over the place. I can’t get that direction yet that I think I need, but that will come.”

Five months after dislocating his right elbow and breaking his right index finger, Bucks center Andrew Bogut is back on the court scrimmaging.

(AP photo)
Even without Bogut, the Bucks still took the Atlanta Hawks to seven games before losing their first-round series. Jennings was a big reason for the team’s surprising success. The 20-year-old point guard stunned the league with a 55-point performance against the Golden State Warriors early in the season, then went on to average a respectable 15.5 points, 5.7 assists and 3.4 rebounds while finishing third in Rookie of the Year balloting.

“Once the season was over, I took a day to think about it and I wrote down everything that I did that was great,” Jennings said. “I thought I had a hell of a season for a team where nobody expected us to win, to winning 46 games, being like a sixth seed in the East and getting Atlanta to a seventh game. What more could you ask for?”

The Bucks will ask for more this season. With nine new players, the team will need time to develop chemistry in coach Scott Skiles’s system. A lot of the responsibility for developing that chemistry will fall upon Jennings’ shoulders. Dooling has already told Jennings the team is looking to him to help lead.

“I don’t think I’m too young at all to hold guys accountable,” Jennings said. “Now that I’m not a rookie, I’m going to speak up to say how I feel and say what I think is right because I went through a lot my first year as an NBA player.”

If all goes well for Jennings and the Bucks, the NBA may once again have reason to fear the deer.

“Don’t take us lightly now,” Jennings warned. “We brought in a lot of talent. We’re deep this year. That’s fine if they talk about everyone else. We’ll just sneak up in there.

“We’re going to be all right.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqbqASfuJ8zZNrM10VX2iU.8vLYF?slug=mc-buckspush091410

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM
It will be close, I have Chi winning about 45-46 games, Bucks will be right there.

Celtic AL
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
i to see chicago coming out on top! but the Bucks are not that far off

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Don't see it....... salmons wont have the same impact he did the second half of last year. rose will be better, noah will, plus they added boozer and company. bulls will also win 52-54 games

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
It will be close, I have Chi winning about 45-46 games, Bucks will be right there.

oh and about your little sig about rose..... you face palm him, but you mgith as well face palm half of ESPN..... all the TNT analysts and the NBA tv analysts who put rose as the third best pg in the NBA........ I know its off topic, but just noticed that.

heatbb
Jennings talks a lot lately...

ClayMatthews
Me and him think alike :)

Celtic AL
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Don't see it....... salmons wont have the same impact he did the second half of last year. rose will be better, noah will, plus they added boozer and company. bulls will also win 52-54 games

is that guarantee?

TylerSL
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
The Bucks are better than the Bulls. The only way the Bulls beat them is if they get Melo without trading Noah, or getting Nene and Melo. The Bucks will be the 4 seed and be hard out. This team is very talanted and very overlooked, they are a force.

Rivera
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
oh and about your little sig about rose..... you face palm him, but you mgith as well face palm half of ESPN..... all the TNT analysts and the NBA tv analysts who put rose as the third best pg in the NBA........ I know its off topic, but just noticed that.

omg dont start...bulls fans dont start with this crap please

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM

It's funny how only bulls fans only think Rose is a top 3 PG

TylerSL
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM

I personally think Rose is the 5th best PG, so im not dissing Rose by saying this. Most of ESPN is retarted and biased, all of TNT is retarted and biased, and all of NBA TV are retarted and biased. ESPN rated Lebron and Wade as the number 4 best duo Lebron could team up with :facepalm:. NBA TV is retarted because Steve Kerr said the Bulls are the most well-rounded team in the East :facepalm:. Even if you dont want to count Miami, Boston is more well rounded than Chicago, and so are the Bucks IMO. Steve Kerr also said Durant is better than Wade. TNT is retarted and biased because (I dont know if anybody cought this but) all last year they acted how Lebron is the best in the league until the Cavaliers got eliminated and then they all went on about Kobe being the best in the league. Kenny Smith said this "Durant is one the best in the NBA now". NBA TV asked him if he was better than Wade "yes, I think he passed him". NBA TV asked him if he was better than Lebron. "No, Lebron is still the best". Then they asked him if he is better than Kobe "No, Kobe is the best, hes the world champion". He says Lebron is the best, then literally not even 1 minute later says Kobe is the best :facepalm:. Not dissing Rose, he is a very good PG, but yes ESPN,TNT,NBATV are all dumb.

As ESPN rated it
1.Lebron and Dirk
2.Lebron and Bosh
3.Lebron and Stat
4.Lebron and Wade

thats how dumb ESPN is......

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM

dd you not read my post? half of ESPN..... ALL of the tnt crew and NBA TV crew...... thats not bulls fans, but anyways back on topic..... sorry guys.

Public Enemy #1
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Well what is he suppose to say? Oh, were not expecting to win the central and we are just going to lay down for the Bulls? lol He had to make his statement.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
is that guarantee?

I don't know if I can guarantee 52 games, but I will guarantee at least 50 games without a doubt.

Slimsim
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Jennings is this decades Marbury

Rose this decade Iverson.

TheTakeOver24
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM

wait, you expect Boozer "and Company" to win you 13 more games in a much tougher Eastern Conference?!
I think the Bucks improving by 6/7 games is much more probable.

drama1386
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
wait, you expect Boozer "and Company" to win you 13 more games in a much tougher Eastern Conference?!

this.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:14 PM

yes because even though the eastern conference is stronger, the central is actually a weaker division now that the cavs arnt going to be that good and it doesnt look like the pistons will be any good either and I dont see the bucks repeating what they did last year even though I see them making the playoffs.

29$JerZ
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Milwaukee has a better team so i expect them to win their division.

NYtilIdie
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM

1. Deron Williams
2. CP3
3. Rondo
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

Rose was #5, but after his poor performance in FIBA he loses his spot to Westbrook.

pebloemer
09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Could be a nice division rivalry with Chicago. Also I could see a nice Jennings/Rose rivalry developing. I could easily see either team taking the division.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Milwaukee has a better team so i expect them to win their division.

NO......... salmons will not repeat what he did the second half of last season. you dont know how bogut will come back and the bulls added a good defensive minded coach, ask celtic fans about him and all star power forward along with some pretty good players and noah and rose will only be better this year.

bears88
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
All am going to say that its going to be a good fight for the top of the division with the Bulls and the Bucks. Both are talented teams. I am not going to argue who is going to win the division or not because we haven't seen them play yet so its too early to judge. I ll judge according what happens on the court and as the season goes and were each team stands in the division. Nothing is a guarantee as simple as that.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
1. Deron Williams
2. CP3
3. Rondo
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

Rose was #5, but after his poor performance in FIBA he loses his spot to Westbrook.

Sir you are nuts...... we all know rondo pretty much got cut from that team so if you wanna go by that then rose is way better then rondo cause rose started for the team while rondo wasnt even on the roster. and its fiba, not the NBA. carmelo has been killing the last couple fiba tournaments so i guess that makes him better then lebron then. oh and also rose was starting, westbrook wasnt. westbrook came into the game to score. rose wasnt on that team to score. look at coach k's interviews about rose. rose was there to penetrate and kick out.

29$JerZ
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
NO......... salmons will not repeat what he did the second half of last season. you dont know how bogut will come back and the bulls added a good defensive minded coach, ask celtic fans about him and all star power forward along with some pretty good players and noah and rose will only be better this year.

Health plays a factor for all teams. Can Boozer have another healthy season? Can Amar'e stay healthy again? etc.

Healthy Bucks team > Chicago

Tim T as a coach is still a ?. To expect anything great from a rookie coach is foolish. I like what he has done on Defense a lot but that doesn't always translate to coaching ego's and talents.

Rose will only get better but what about Jennings?
Milwaukee added more pieces to their team without giving up anything like Chicago had too. So me expecting the Bucks who had a better record than Chicago last year and improved way more than Chicago did to have a better record isn;t far-fetch.

drama1386
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM

but no one knows how Thibodeau is gonna do as a head coach. we all know he's a great assistant coach, but who knows if he can actually be a head coach and have a team buy into his philosophies.

drama1386
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Health plays a factor for all teams. Can Boozer have another healthy season? Can Amar'e stay healthy again? etc.

Healthy Bucks team > Chicago

Tim T as a coach is still a ?. To expect anything great from a rookie coach is foolish. I like what he has done on Defense a lot but that doesn't always translate to coaching ego's and talents.

Rose will only get better but what about Jennings?
Milwaukee added more pieces to their team without giving up anything like Chicago had too. So me expecting the Bucks who had a better record than Chicago last year and improved way more than Chicago did to have a better record isn;t far-fetch.

this man speaks the truth.

pebloemer
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
yes because even though the eastern conference is stronger, the central is actually a weaker division now that the cavs arnt going to be that good and it doesnt look like the pistons will be any good either and I dont see the bucks repeating what they did last year even though I see them making the playoffs.

I'll give you the Cavs, but Chicago swept Detroit in the season last year too, so Detroit can't do worse than 0-4 against Chicago this season. Also, I disagree about the Bucks. They only got better this off-season.

the bulls added a good defensive minded coach

While Thibodeau is an excellent defensive minded "assistant coach" there is no guarantee how that will translate to head coaching. Could go either way.

I like Chicago this coming season, but you can't write off Milwaukee so easily.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
but no one knows how Thibodeau is gonna do as a head coach. we all know he's a great assistant coach, but who knows if he can actually be a head coach and have a team buy into his philosophies.

everyone thought that about skiles at one time, but he proved them wrong. but it looks like a lot of people around the league, not just bulls players respect thibodeau so I dont think that will be a problem.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I'll give you the Cavs, but Chicago swept Detroit in the season last year too, so Detroit can't do worse than 0-4 against Chicago this season. Also, I disagree about the Bucks. They only got better this off-season.

While Thibodeau is an excellent defensive minded "assistant coach" there is no guarantee how that will translate to head coaching. Could go either way.

I like Chicago this coming season, but you can't write off Milwaukee so easily.

oh im not writing them off, they can do some damage in the playoffs, but I just dont think they will win the division.

bears88
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
like I said its too early to judge both of these teams are talented, both got depth,young very talented point guards and both got very good centers and I am a Bulls and I appreciate a good healthy competition, nothing is handed to you.

Ezekial
09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Let them hate D Roses, they're gonna keep hating.

Milwaukee will not win the division.
D Rose is a top 5 PG. Even with all the haters.
What was the Bulls problem last year? Oh ya scoring. We have a low post scorer now and people who can make a 3. Couple that with adding Boozer to the league leader in rebounds and what do you have?
Central Division winners.
Bucks make the postseason though.

jackdawson
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
How did Derrick Rose get thrown into this thread :confused: Whoever did that :facepalm: goes for him/her.

As for the central division, healthy bucks are the better team and they should win it.

JordansBulls
09-14-2010, 04:43 PM

:speechless:

We won 41 last year and this with Noah missing a bunch of games where we went 0-10 and now we got Boozer and a deeper team and you only think we win 4-5 more games.

That is like me saying the Heat will only win 51-52 games this year.

NYtilIdie
09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Sir you are nuts...... we all know rondo pretty much got cut from that team

He left for personal reasons, this was clarified by Coach K.

so if you wanna go by that then rose is way better then rondo cause rose started for the team while rondo wasnt even on the roster.

And look how poorly Rose was. Just because he started didn't mean he was the best player on the floor, many have said Westbrook outperformed Rose, but there was no point in switching it up since it was the final game. Turkey dared Rose to hit the Jumpshot and he couldn't (which supposedly has improved over the off-season). Also he made to many bonehead mistakes.

and its fiba, not the NBA.

But its talent from all over the world. It may not be the Olympics, but the challenge is still there. Some of the players including Rose struggled in the tournment because they couldn't adjust to the zone defense which forced many to take the J which is obviously Rose's weakness. Rose also couldn't stay in front of his man which was killing us.

carmelo has been killing the last couple fiba tournaments so i guess that makes him better then lebron then.

See thats like saying Rose>Westbrook because you're comparing a one dimensional player to a better, all-around player.

oh and also rose was starting, westbrook wasnt. westbrook came into the game to score. rose wasnt on that team to score. look at coach k's interviews about rose. rose was there to penetrate and kick out.

It doesn't matter who started, I stated before there was no reason to change the line-up with one more game to play. Rose was in a scoring postion because he played the Guard while Billiups took over the PG spot. His job was to penetrate and kick out? He couldn't even do that because he struggled against the zone.

Public Enemy #1
09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Does it really matter? It's not like the Bucks will be threatening the Heat/Magic/Celtics. Well, maybe the Celtics but still, the Bucks aren't going to do damage in the Eastern Conference. Yeah, they will make the playoffs but unless they get a top 4 seed, they will be irrelevant.

C-Dub
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
i agree with Jennings, i dont see how people can say they aint got the deepest bench in the league, and let alone a great mix of highly talented and UNDER RATED players. they are gonna kill this season, i cant wait til people are 'surprised' by them and how good theyll be. watch out CHI. i wont be surprised.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 05:01 PM

pretty funny he left when he was third on the depth chart and was rumored to be cut. but we already argued this a month ago on psd.

Geargo Wallace
09-14-2010, 05:06 PM
dd you not read my post? half of ESPN..... ALL of the tnt crew and NBA TV crew...... thats not bulls fans, but anyways back on topic..... sorry guys.

ESPN isn't biased at all

Kefman2110
09-14-2010, 05:08 PM
The Bucks are so deep of a team that they are going to be able to weather the storm of injuries which lets face it are going to happen. It happens to every team. The Bulls are not deep enough to do that.

kingkenny01
09-14-2010, 05:14 PM
i think it is quite close to close to tell but id say bucks have the advantage it is their divsion to lose (even though they didn't win it, you can count out the cavs)

beasted86
09-14-2010, 05:20 PM

But the Bucks added Maggette, Gooden, Chris Douglas Roberts, and Dooling. I also really liked Larry Sanders from the draft and wanted the Heat to get him if they kept their pick.

I think it will be close if Bogut starts healthy and stays healthy.

Ragun
09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
i think it'll be Chi and then Mil

wesso2008
09-14-2010, 05:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqbqASfuJ8zZNrM10VX2iU.8vLYF?slug=mc-buckspush091410

Yea....we'll see....

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM

i watched every fiba game. rose played well. he pushed the ball, played better defense than he did last yr, was hitting the three ball, was shooting 64% for more than half the tourney (not sure where he finished, obv not at 64%)...

dude westbrook was sick, but he came on towards the end. rose earned the starting spot for a reason, and imo played very good even if it doesnt show in the box score. westbrook basically won the starting spot by the end, but just cause he finished stronger doesnt mean he was heads and shoulders above rose at all...

anyways, bulls win division. milwaulkee will be good, but bulls put 50+ wins easy. we went 0-10 last season when noah deng and rose were out (noah whole time, deng i think half, and rose a couple games). you talk about a healthy bulls team (assuming all teams are healthy), the improvement of noah, rose, deng, and the acquisitions of boozer (finally bulls get a low post threat), korver (stellar 3 pt shooter), cj watson, keith bogans, ronny brewer, kurt thomas, and omer asik the turkish titan!!! while all we lost was kirk hinrich!!! wow, so many blind haters out there...

Rndy
09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Bucks will be a good team. As long as they keep listening to Skiles they will be fine. I still have the Bulls winning but It very well could be a lot closer then people think.

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
i agree rndy, i think it will be close, and the bucs could do it, but just logically its the bulls.

zambo4president
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
My Bulls are winning the Central. But the Bucks are very deep and they will be good, I see them around the 6th seed, they'll make some noise.

Gators123
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
i watched every fiba game. rose played well. he pushed the ball, played better defense than he did last yr, was hitting the three ball, was shooting 64% for more than half the tourney (not sure where he finished, obv not at 64%)...

dude westbrook was sick, but he came on towards the end. rose earned the starting spot for a reason, and imo played very good even if it doesnt show in the box score. westbrook basically won the starting spot by the end, but just cause he finished stronger doesnt mean he was heads and shoulders above rose at all...

anyways, bulls win division. milwaulkee will be good, but bulls put 50+ wins easy. we went 0-10 last season when noah deng and rose were out (noah whole time, deng i think half, and rose a couple games). you talk about a healthy bulls team (assuming all teams are healthy), the improvement of noah, rose, deng, and the acquisitions of boozer (finally bulls get a low post threat), korver (stellar 3 pt shooter), cj watson, keith bogans, ronny brewer, kurt thomas, and omer asik the turkish titan!!! while all we lost was kirk hinrich!!! wow, so many blind haters out there...

Thats not true.

His Defense was horrible and he only shot 27% from 3 (5/18) FG% was 45% on 7PPG

Aapox
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Most of ESPN is retarted and biased, all of TNT is retarted and biased, and all of NBA TV are retarted and biased.

Anyone who spells ******** with two t's officially declares himself a ******.

lavilevi23
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
1. Deron Williams
2. CP3
3. Rondo
4. Nash
5. Westbrook

agreed

Ware_Spencer
09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Some things that Bulls fans ignore...........(Most fans and so called experts ignore also).

Bulls fans don't have a single player that can hit the 3 and play defense.......That is a huge problem. Bulls have guys who can play really good D or they have guys who can hit the 3. But there isn't a single player who can do both.

Korver can't play D.
Brewer can't hit the 3
Deng can't hit the 3. But he can't guard the 2 position. Only the 3.
Rose - Can't hit the 3
Keith Bogans - Decent Defender and average 3 point shooter. But he is is behind Korver, Brewer and Deng. Won't play enough to make an impact.

When clutch time comes the Bulls either won't be able to play defense or they won't be able to spread the court (3 point shooters).

Every fan here who actually watched the Utah Jazz knows this. The Jazz were stuck with Brewer, AK & Korver. When that happened the Pick and Roll wasn't as effective unless Korver was in the game (teams collapsed inside). But when Korver was in the game our defense was horrible. This isn't football where you can sign players to just play defense or offense.

The Jazz at least had Okur to spread the court. The Bulls have less players to spread the court properly than the Jazz. Rose is not as good of a 3 point shooter as Deron. Rose is not even close to be the playmaker as Deron. And Noah can't even shoot the mid range consistently when Okur could hit the 3. Deng can't shoot the 3 just like AK couldn't. Brewer and Korver are the same players. They have not improved on their weaknesses.

So expect Zone defense against the Bulls when Brewer is in the game.

Bulls don't have the right players to complement each other. Bad GM decisions by adding Brewer and Korver together. They don't have any complete wing players which will effect the ability of Rose & Boozer to get into the lane. Boozer and Rose will be shooting more jump shots than they normally do.

AddiX
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Only thing Rose does well is get into the paint and score around the hoop.

He is average at best or terrible at everything else. Kid is way over-rated. And he sure as **** is not a real point guard.

Stunner
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM

I dnt agree

Ware_Spencer
09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
But I am not a Bucks fans

So there is a lot of question marks surrounding the bucks.

Bucks surprised everyone last year. But Bogut won't be healthy and his normal self when the season starts. Mentally it will take time to get confidence back even if he is healthy. Expect some games lost at the beginning of the season.

Now look at the players who will play big minutes.........

Jennings
Salmons
Maggette
Gooden
Bogut

Jennings, Salmons, Maggette and Gooden have all been criticized for there shot selection. Guys who don't understand proper ball movement hurt team chemistry.

This is something that could really hurt the Bucks. If Scott Skiles can make these guys run an actually offense and have ball movement than he deserves coach of the year. If he can than the Bucks are a better team than the Hawks and Bulls. But the history of these players are not good. yes they all can score in bunches but ball movement is critical when you look at Contending teams. Adding more scorers can hurt your team sometimes.

I am hoping they can pull it out but i have more doubts. Bucks and Bulls will still most likely be 5th and 6th in the east (one will be 4th I guess when they win there division) but they are very unlikely to do anything in the playoffs. Both teams will lose in the 1st round either way unless the history of these players are wrong.

Stunner
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Only thing Rose does well is get into the paint and score around the hoop.

He is average at best or terrible at everything else. Kid is way over-rated. And he sure as **** is not a real point guard.

:eyebrow:

IversonIsKrazy
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Well that's good to see confidence in his team. I could see Bucks make a run at Bulls if they stay healthy. If they stay healthy, and have chemistry right, they really can make a run for Central Champs. They have a lot of role players like Maggette & Salmons.

I see Bulls winning the Central, but I can see Bucks putting up a fight.

Tony_Starks
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Bucks have a good shot at winning the Central, the division is weak as hell. About 50 wins should do it, thats within reach with Skiles and Jennings at the helm.

ecorrea
09-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Thats not true.

His Defense was horrible and he only shot 27% from 3 (5/18) FG% was 45% on 7PPG

it is true. his defense was not horrible, it was good, not great, but good. and like i said he was rolling first half at 64% fg :speechless:, i mean kid was doin his thing. who knows maybe he got tired, maybe chauncy wouldnt let him play or pass the ball to him (true statement)... regardless, i was happy with his OVERALL performance (whole tourney). and stats didnt mean ish in this tourney...

and back to the thread, bucks will be very good, but bulls got this

HouRealCoach
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM

I think he is and Im not a Bulls fan...

But the Bucks won 45 or 46 games last year and got better this offseason... So they might be better