PDA

View Full Version : Jennings miffed at Team USA slight

Gators123
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AheLX8zSZQcC8ccatHA1S6i8vLYF?slug=ys-jenningsnike091310

Brandon Jennings(notes) established himself as one of the NBAís top young guards last season, but that wasnít enough for him to get invited to try out for the U.S. world championship team like fellow rookies Tyreke Evans(notes) and Stephen Curry(notes).

Jennings thinks he knows one of the factors why. Evans and Curry both wear Nike, Team USAís big sponsor. Jennings wears Under Armour shoes.

ďItís not my call. Thatís on them,Ē Jennings told Yahoo! Sports. ďBut if you want to get technical about it and you really want to look at it, half of the guys there are Nike guys. Iím not saying itís a Nike thing, but Nike is kind of running a lot of things right now. To have a guy like myself on the USA team thatís flashy and really outgoing, you donít want Under Armour to get all that [publicity].

ďIím just telling you how it is.Ē

Of the 12 members of Team USAís roster, only Chauncey Billups(notes), Derrick Rose(notes) and Eric Gordon wore shoes other than Nike. Evans tried out for Team USA, but was not selected after spraining his ankle in training camp. Curry played in eight of Team USAís nine games in the world championships.

Jennings averaged 15.5 points, 5.7 assists and 3.4 rebounds as an NBA rookie last season. He finished third behind Evans and Curry in Rookie of the Year balloting.

Baller1
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh come on Jennings, you weren't invited because you're not on those players' level yet.

Gators123
09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Maybe it was his 37% from the field that turned them off

Hellcrooner
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
1 He wasnt there because he SHOUL not be quality wise.

2 yep , waring armour shoes woudl not hep even if he was on the level of the tothers, that how things run nowdays.

FNM BOY
09-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Whether you guys wanna believe it or not...politricks plays a role in everything. He has a point.

Rivera
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
he should of been at least INVITED to play with team USA like curry n tyreke

im not sayin he should have been on the team....but jennings had a great year for a rookie last year and he played in europe the year before that so he knows the fiba game....so he should have been "invited" to the traning camp

i can see what he is aying abt nike cause nike does run **** look at oregons football team !!

Khalifa21
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Learn to shoot over 40% from the field first.

Then you might deserve to be considered...

DaBUU
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
DRose wears Adidas

LTBaByyy
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I think he's actually right IMO

He's a flashy dude!!! And outspoken hair styles or cockyness plus Under Armour!!

NIKE OWNS ADIDAS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! lol so they can have players with adidas

I never saw Rodman on an US team lol and he wouldve been perfect 5 for fiba

DaBUU
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I think he's actually right IMO

He's a flashy dude!!! And outspoken hair styles or cockyness plus Under Armour!!

NIKE OWNS ADIDAS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! lol so they can have players with adidas

I never saw Rodman on an US team lol and he wouldve been perfect 5 for fiba

good points.

LTBaByyy
09-14-2010, 03:34 PM
DRose wears Adidas

Nike OWNS adidas now!!!!!!

Plus Jennings played overseas he knows how it is

shouldve been atleast invited!!

TheWatcher34
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
:cry: who cares.
:cry: Jennings gets paid for being a professional, but the comments he made does not resemble a true professional.
IMO he's jelaous because Nike never made him an offer.
and he needs to lower his ego a bit.
it's all good, the USA got gold without him.

dnewguy
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
ohh, wow....Jennings? This guy will be a team cancer, give him 2 more years...heck next season.

BOSTON617
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
i agree but then again i don't if it was like durant wearing rebook or something this would make more sense to me ?????

Rivera
09-14-2010, 03:53 PM
i agree but then again i don't if it was like durant wearing rebook or something this would make more sense to me ?????

yea prolly lol

politics do play a part in everything

i just hope he never does that dance he did to the lady gaga song ever again!!

Rego247
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
well its not like they needed him.