PDA

View Full Version : Etan Thomas: Thunder big 3 "just as good if not better than any Big Three"

dnewguy
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Kevin Durant, combined with Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook, will form a Big Three that is just as good if not better than any Big Three in the league.

Not only is he the youngest to ever lead the league in scoring, but he has a work ethic that will put him in the upper echelon of players for years to come. In fact, in three years he very well could be regarded as the best in the league. If heís not better than Kobe, LeBron, Carmelo and D-Wade right now, heís the closest one (excluding nobody).

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/thomas/2010/09/14/thunder-are-the-future/

Apparently you don't have to get past the first round to be the best, and also Westbrook and Green are somehow top 2nd and 3rd option talents in the league.

Avenged
09-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd say they're going to be a great duo more than anything.

Not right now, they're good, but they're not the best out there.

In about a year or 2, the Thunder are going to be really, really good, especially since the Lakers core players will all be a bunch of old guys which is going to give the advantage to them for being so athletic collectively.

And Etan said "will form".. which I will agree with.

xbrackattackx
09-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Yea I agree with him Thunder if they keep everyone and let them keep this chemistry up. They will be scary.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Miami fans in 5,4,3,2,1.....

VinceCarter
09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
It's all about chemistry.

pebloemer
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM

Apparently you don't have to get past the first round to be the best, and also Westbrook and Green are somehow top 2nd and 3rd option talents in the league.

Saying the collective of Durant, Green and Westbrook is as good as any other big three, doesn't mean he is saying Westbrook is the best 2nd option and Green is the best third option.

daleja424
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
it sure does, unless you are claiming that Durant is soooo much better than Lebron, Kobe, etc that it makes up for the difference down the line... which is definitely not true.

Anyways... westbrook + green combine to give you the numbers of a great number 2 right now...so Imma have to call BS.

case in fact... there are currently SEVERAL "big 3's" that are significantly better than the Thunder's...

blams
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
:laugh2: No, no big 3 is close to Miami's big three

thescore53
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
^^ name them

Carey
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Players are usually a little close minded, especially when he spent all last year with them. They are good, certaintly not the best, but really i could care less. We have the core to compete for years to come, thats all that matters to me.

daleja424
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Wade, Lebron, Bosh
Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
Duncan, Parker, Ginobli
Johnson, Horford, Smith

those 5 are all better right now as a trio.

Heater4life
09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
^^ name them

Ill take

Miami- bron, wade, bosh
Boston- Pp- ray- KG
L.A.L- Bryant-Gasol-Bynum
Orlando- Howard-Nelson-Lewis
Chicago- Rose-Boozer- Noah

over KD-Westbrook-Green, were speaking of them as a unit a "big three" and although KD by himself is one of the best players westbrook and green are no where near better second options than any one above. ****, what the hell has Green done to make him anything greater than an average role player?

thescore53
09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Wade, Lebron, Bosh
Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
Duncan, Parker, Ginobli
Johnson, Horford, Smith

arguable. and you said several ::D:

thescore53
09-14-2010, 12:31 PM
nvm

daleja424
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
several being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/several

:)

Baller1
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Hell yeah Etan.

Speak the truth.

daleja424
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Hell yeah Etan.

Speak the truth.

:facepalm: I can honestly say you are making me dislike the Thunder. That is sad too, b/c I think KD is super entertaining.

thekmp211
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
i dunno. jeff green to me is still a questionable starting pf for a legit contender. like his game, but i don't know if he fits the mold. they certainly have proven nothing compared to some of the teams mentioned in this thread, but the talent is there. durant and westbrook at least seem to be fairly sure things at this point.

Corey
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Can't argue with his comment. Chemistry is underrated when assembling a team. It's something OKC has done masterfully.

daleja424
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I think I would be okay with putting Westbrook+ Durant near the top of duos... but like the posted above said, Green hasn't showed to be anything special at this point. He has been very average in terms of a starting PF so far in his career.

dnewguy
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Wade, Lebron, Bosh
Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
Duncan, Parker, Ginobli
Johnson, Horford, Smith

I also think Rose/Boozer/Noah is better than Durant/Westbrook/Green

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Kobe, Pau, Bynum
Wade, Lebron, Bosh
Rondo, Pierce, Garnett
Duncan, Parker, Ginobli
Johnson, Horford, Smith

no Howard, nelson, carter-Lewis :confused:

Baller1
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
:facepalm: I can honestly say you are making me dislike the Thunder. That is sad too, b/c I think KD is super entertaining.

Because I recognize Durant and Westbrook's greatness? Because I've proved people wrong time and time again when it comes to defending my Thunder players? Because I defend my team when people like to claim that they're overrated?

Please.

The whole team is entertaining to watch, unfortunately not enough people watch the team play which is why it's so easy to debate with most of you. If you don't watch them play, don't waste my time.

If you start disliking the Thunder, then that's your loss; not mine.

Baller1
09-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Can't argue with his comment. Chemistry is underrated when assembling a team. It's something OKC has done masterfully.

Someone who gets it. I agree completely. Chemisty added to unsurmountable talent is what gets teams to the next level.

JamaicanYouth
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
bahaha jeff green? come on now i understand durant and westbrook but green is not very good at anything maybe the big 2 and jeff green sounds about rite lol

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Because I recognize Durant and Westbrook's greatness? Because I've proved people wrong time and time again when it comes to defending my Thunder players? Because I defend my team when people like to claim that they're overrated?

Please.

The whole team is entertaining to watch, unfortunately not enough people watch the team play which is why it's so easy to debate with most of you. If you don't watch them play, don't waste my time.

at the moment i would take durant over anyone on the bulls, but over all

rose/noah/boozer
wade/lebron/bosh
garnett/rondo/pierce
howard/nelson/lewis-carter
kobe/gasol/artest
>
durant/westbrook/green

jeff green hasnt proved anything..... westbrook is good, but durant makes him look better then he is.

Rapsjaysleafs
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
In a few years for sure

Side not**
There is always so much bashing around here but I LOVE the respect LA and OKC fans seem to have for each other!

Baller1
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
In a few years for sure

Side not**
There is always so much bashing around here but I LOVE the respect LA and OKC fans seem to have for each other!

That's actually funny you say that. I absolutely despise the Lakers but you're right, respect is different. And I definitely have respect for the Lakers.

thescore53
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM

:facepalm: i can honestly say alot of heat fans are making me dislike wade. who use to be my fav player coming into last year. that is sad too b/c wade is super entertaining.

Baller1
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM
at the moment i would take durant over anyone on the bulls, but over all

rose/noah/boozer
wade/lebron/bosh
garnett/rondo/pierce
howard/nelson/lewis-carter
kobe/gasol/artest
>
durant/westbrook/green

jeff green hasnt proved anything..... westbrook is good, but durant makes him look better then he is.

Well it's the way you want to look at it.

Because if you were to compare the players (as closely as possible of course), then it comes out to this: Is the difference in skill between Durant/Noah more than Boozer/Green?

Rose=Westbrook (For the sake of this arguement)
Green<Boozer
Durant>Noah

So at this point, for this season, it's a tough choice.

Avenged
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
In a few years for sure

Side not**

:laugh2: probably because these 2 teams will be fighting for the top spot for a couple of years.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Because if you were to compare the players (as closely as possible of course), then it comes out to this: Is the difference in skill between Durant/Noah more than Boozer/Green?

Green<Boozer
Durant>Noah

I agree with the bolded, but rose>westbrook I mean I dont want to get into this argument for the 50th time, but it really is that.

llemon
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Lopez, Harris, Williams, followed by.....

Favors, Outlaw, Morrow

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Lopez, Harris, Williams, followed by.....

Favors, Outlaw, Morrow

hahaha funniest post in this thread

daleja424
:facepalm: i can honestly say alot of heat fans are making me dislike wade. who use to be my fav player coming into last year. that is sad too b/c wade is super entertaining.

I could totally see that being the case.

The HEAT have become the evil empire. I think heat fans recognize this and are beginning to accept it...

Avenged

Green<Boozer
Durant>Noah

I think Rose has more of an upside though, but that's just me. He's the #1 option on his team and has lead them to the playoffs both the years he's been in the league.

Westbrook isn't far off though, I just think Rose is more of a PG that can lead his team, meanwhile Westbrook is the perfect complementary player for Durant and the Thunder.

daleja424
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll say this:

In the FIBA tourney Westbrook look just as good as Rose (and even better at times).

But in the most recent NBA season, which I think has to be the reference point for the debate for now, Derrick Rose certainly outperformed Westbrook IMO. I do think that they have a very similar skill set though...

Slimsim
09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Anthony Randolph , Wilson Chandler , Danilo Gallanari ?

llemon
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
hahaha funniest post in this thread

Thank you. I try.

Carey
09-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Durant is a great player with the highest celing in basketball. Westbrook is a budding star who is becoming a good #2. Jeff Green will eventually become the 6th man, he's a good player, he's being undervalued in this thread, he's a good at many things but not very good or great at anything. He's more then a role/glue guy but he's not alot more then that. Ibaka will eventually be the starter at the 4 and Jeff will flourish more in a 6th man role playing some 3 and 4. KD and Russ will be a top duo, i doubt we will have a big 3 persay but we have and will have a deep team where alot of different people contribute.

Kyben36
09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Jeff green and russel westbrook are not on the level of James and Bosh

Enemey
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
James Harden > Green.

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I thought OKC was thinking about trading Green?

justinnum1
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM

This.

pebloemer
09-14-2010, 01:31 PM
it sure does, unless you are claiming that Durant is soooo much better than Lebron, Kobe, etc that it makes up for the difference down the line... which is definitely not true.

Anyways... westbrook + green combine to give you the numbers of a great number 2 right now...so Imma have to call BS.

case in fact... there are currently SEVERAL "big 3's" that are significantly better than the Thunder's...

I'm not claiming anything.

But this quote:

will form a Big Three that is just as good if not better than any Big Three in the league.

does not mean Westbrook is the best second option and Green is the best 3rd option.

a) it is based in future tense "will"
b) it could in fact mean he feels Durant is much better than LeBron
c) it could mean he feels chemistry between Westbrook, Green and Durant will lead to them being the best collective

There could be a lot of things, so no it is not logical to deduce that Thomas is stating Westbrook is the best 2nd option and Green is the best 3rd option.

Baller1
09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with the bolded, but rose>westbrook I mean I dont want to get into this argument for the 50th time, but it really is that.

This is all I'm posting, and will not respond to any response you have of this because I'm tired of this argument. Here's your proof to why you're wrong, that's all I have to say.

Russell Westbrook Vs. Derrick Rose

What?

They are both better players BUT they are also MUCH older than Rose. I don't understand why you have so much hate for Derrick Rose. Youíre one of the most annoying posters going around. Would you trade Westbrook for Billups or Nash? Btw Rose >Westbrook

Rose Rookie of the year - Westbrook wasn't even runner up

Rose made the All-star team - Westbrook hasnít

Rose starts ahead of Westbrook for team USA - Westbrook is the backup

U mad?

Oh, I'm so sorry... Does my knowledge of the game annoy you?

Here you go, I've already done all the work on this subject before. You're welcome for saving you the time.

Stats? Alright, works for me. This is actually extremely easy considering the works been done for me.

Here you go, you're welcome. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2010&p2=rosede01&y2=2010)

As you can see, Rose is only better at scoring the ball more and turning it over less. Other than that, Westbrook has higher percentages in offensive rebounding (not close), defensive rebounding, passing (AST%), stealing, and blocking. On top of that, Westbrook's defense is far better than Rose as Wesbtrook provides more defensive win shares, and more win shares overall for that matter, although it is very close.

Furthermore, Westbrook absolutely destroys Rose in every possible way in the playoffs. Granted neither have much of a resume to work with, but of what there is, it's fair to say that it's "not fair" to compare the two in the postseason.

Alright, and now a section for the kiddies who can't comprehend all that.

Maybe this will make it easier. (http://www.rototimes.com/nba/player_comparison.php)

In simpler terms, Westbrook is superior in rebounding, free throw shooting, passing, stealing, blocking, and is a better defender in general.

Now for some fun facts:

Westbrook has a 59.7 WIN% compared to Rose's 46.8
Rose is assisted on more of his baskets than Westbrook, meaning Westbrook creates for himself more often
Westbrook is much more efficient at creating fouls for himself at a clip of 14.1% to Rose's 8.8%
Passing Rating: Westbrook - 15.8/Rose - 9.1
Rebounding Rating: Westbrook 14.5/Rose - 10.9
Westbrook also has a higher block rating: 1.7 compared to a meer 0.8 for Rose
When comparing the two by production per 48 at POINT GUARD, Westbrook once again basically blows him out once again

Russell Westbrook (http://www.82games.com/0910/09OKC5.HTM)
Derrick Rose (http://www.82games.com/0809/08CHI1.HTM)

What I'm trying to say is, Rose is the better Shooting Guard while Westbrook is the better Point Guard. Considering they both play point guard...

Russell Westbrook > Derrick Rose

Baller1
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
:laugh2: probably because these 2 teams will be fighting for the top spot for a couple of years.

Ehhhh... I don't know about the Lakers. :p

Khalifa21
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Can I have some of what Etan's smoking?

LeBron >>> Durant
Wade >>>>>> Westbrook
Bosh >>>>>>>>> Green

I know the Thunder players have experience and chemistry together, but that doesn't overcome the huge discrepancy in talent between the individual players.

Some of the "big 3's" i'd take over Durant, Westbrook, Green:

LeBron, Wade, Bosh
Rondo, Pierce, KG
Kobe, Gasol, Bynum
Duncan, Ginobili, Parker
Dwight, Nelson, Carter

On the same level:

Roy, Aldridge, Oden
Dirk, Butler, Kidd
Johnson, Smith, Horford
Melo, Billups, Nene

Baller1
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
I just signed with the Atlanta Hawks and am truly thankful to be a part of their organization. I am truly blessed. I see how many good players there are still not signed, and that makes me even more thankful. This is a great organization with a young, exciting, extremely talented team. I am looking forward to contributing to the success of this team this upcoming season in any way that coach Larry Drew sees fit.

I wanted to write an article thanking the Oklahoma City Thunder and the entire state of Oklahoma. I had a great time there, and that organization really has something special. From top to bottom they are really a first-class organization. I have read a lot of articles since the end of the summer that questioned if what the Thunder organization accomplished last year was somewhat of a fluke or if they are the real deal.

Allow me to speak from first-hand experience, from someone who has actually seen what goes on behind closed doors and has been in the trenches with the team for an entire season… This was definitely no fluke, and here are the reasons why.

Kevin Durant

No disrespect to Steve Francis. I have the utmost admiration for everything he has accomplished, enjoyed watching him at Maryland and with the Rockets… But Kevin Durant is on his way to being one of the best players in the league – far surpassing the best from the DMV status. (Again no disrespect intended.)

Not only is he the youngest to ever lead the league in scoring, but he has a work ethic that will put him in the upper echelon of players for years to come. In fact, in three years he very well could be regarded as the best in the league. If he’s not better than Kobe, LeBron, Carmelo and D-Wade right now, he’s the closest one (excluding nobody).

Every day, he is one of the first people on the court as well as one of the last people to leave. Even after dropping 30 points night in and night out, he is never satisfied. That alone means that although he is nearly impossible to guard as a 6-foot-9 two guard, he is going to get better. He works in the weight room so he is going to get stronger. He plays good defense now and can cover so much ground with his length. Again, he is going to get better there too. And even though he possesses all of these gifts, and this incredible work ethic, he remains humble. He takes criticism. Encourages his teammates. Is gracious with fans and media. And is a leader by example.

Nobody on the team can complain about being singled out if Kevin Durant has no problem with being criticized, so everyone falls in line. The team sees how hard he works on his shot, his offensive moves, cuts to the basket and moving without the ball even after dropping 40 on an opponent the previous night, so they work extra hard as well. Everyone sees him going to chapel before the game and they start going as well. Everything starts with him, and when you have a leader like that, good things will happen. He doesn’t have to yell, curse teammates out, embarrass anyone. He leads by example, and at such a young age, it really was amazing to see that level of maturity.

The Big Three
Kevin Durant, combined with Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook, will form a Big Three that is just as good if not better than any Big Three in the league. Green, in my opinion, is underappreciated and is an integral part of the Thunder success. He doesn’t complain about shots, or touches, or lack of accolades or praise. He just goes out there and does his job. He is too quick for most power forwards and too strong for most small forwards.

After completing his years at a great system at Georgetown University (although he could’ve also been great if he attended Syracuse) his game really blossomed, which happens a lot when players make the transition from Georgetown to the NBA. They play in a system, and learn the fundamentals, teamwork and how to play within the confines of structure. It usually proves to be more than beneficial to their growth as players.

Westbrook, who was criticized for leaving UCLA early, has turned into one of the premier point guards in the league. He’s lightning quick, explosive, can pick up full court, works hard and also remains humble. He worked with assistant coach Maurice Cheeks every day, and took criticism very well. Coach Cheeks didn’t sugar coat anything with him. They all fall in line with Kevin Durant remaining humble and if they stay grounded (which I believe they will) sky’s the limit

Team’s core

Thabo Sefolosha is one of the best defenders in the league. I still don’t understand why he didn’t play more when he was with the Bulls. I’ve seen him give guys fits on the defensive end. He doesn’t have to score a point and can effect the entire game.

Serge Ibaka is a freakish athlete. Can jump out of the gym and block anything that comes anywhere near the basket. Has worked tirelessly with big man coach Mark Bryant and is ready to dominate.

James Harden is an absolute sharpshooter who has continued to work on his defense, which is typical with most rookies. He listens and has a great work ethic and will be very successful in this league.

Nenad Krstic is a seven-footer that can shoot from anywhere on the court, and as recently seen at FIBA games, he will have his teammates’ back when push come to shove. He will literally go upside someone’s head if they dare.

Nick Collison does all the dirty work. He brings his lunch pail and his hard hat to work everyday. He knows his role and plays it well.

Eric Maynor can give Russell a breather as well as challenge him for minutes if he forgets to pass the ball every now and then to Durant. Not to mention Byron Mullens, who is an athletic seven-footer who can shoot from outside. And DJ White, who can score with ease. Both have worked hard to show what they can do in the league and it’s only a matter of time before they get their chance.

Although they aren’t on the team this season Kyle Weaver, Shaun Livingston, Kevin Ollie, and Mustafa Shakur were absolutely great teammates.

They have something special in Oklahoma City, and will be great for years to come.

Sam Presti

I have been fortunate to have played with good organizations. Sure, the Wizards had things that they could’ve done better. They are a good organization overall, though.

But the way that Sam Presti runs the Oklahoma City Thunder pays off in dividends. He is honest, straight-forward, holds everyone to a certain standard of discipline, and keeps his word. Any player can tell you that this isn’t always the case with GMs.

After the season, Sam Presti told me that he appreciated how professionally I treated a tough situation and would speak highly of me to other GMs. Throughout this free agency period, GM after GM, coach after coach informed me that he did indeed give me a ringing endorsement. Honestly, when Presti told me he would do that for me, I took those words with a grain of salt.

Nothing against him or any other GM, but GMs say a lot of things and sometimes (I won’t say most of the time) the things they say aren’t exactly… Hmmm… How can I say this… The truth. Any player will attest to this. They’ll look you in your eyes and tell you that you are in their plans and a part of their future, then as you are driving home you’ll hear on the radio that they are looking to trade you.

Ask any player how many GMs swore to them when they were coming out in the draft that they wouldn’t go past their draft number, and if they were on the board when their draft number came up they would surely, without a doubt pick them. And as they watched their name pass team after team that made them the same promise, they experienced their “Welcome to the NBA ” moment.

Ask how many players have been approached by a team when their contract is up and convinced to take a small deal now just until they can get under the salary cap, or “Free up some money when X player’s contract comes off the books” or “We just can’t pay you right now, but be patient and we will take care of you next year, we promise”, only to see those empty promises fall by the waste side when the time came for them to keep their word.

I’ve seen all of these scenarios happen to guys numerous times, and the lesson learned is that this is a business, and personal feelings have to be put aside. Teams are going to make business decisions no matter what they say, no matter how much they say they “like you.” When it comes down to it, they do whatever they feel is best for them.

That’s the nature of the business.

Which is what made the whole incident with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and Raptors GM Brian Colangelo so interesting. They acted as if Lebron and Chris Bosh owed them something and not the other way around. In both of those situations, who was really making money off of who? Does everyone remember where the Cleveland franchise was pre-Lebron?

Now, I may not have used the same language that Reverend Jesse Jackson used in describing the situation, but I definitely understood why the Reverend took issue with Gilbert’s reaction. LeBron and Chris made business decisions for themselves. LeBron’s heart may have felt loyal to his hometown, but he did what he thought was best for his career.

But I digress.

My point is Sam Presti is a good GM and runs a good team. He does things the right way and has my utmost respect as a man who keeps his word.

The fans

The fans are amazing. Like nothing, I have ever seen before. We had great fans in DC, don’t get me wrong. But the Oklahoma City fans gave the entire team a standing ovation for about 20 minutes after the playoff loss to the Lakers. I never heard anyone boo us no matter how bad we played. They were with us win lose or draw. In good times and bad times, it was really similar to a college atmosphere. I felt like I was back at Syracuse, although the Carrier Dome is one of a kind. The team fed off of that energy and it gave us a boost out there. The guys talked about it all the time and appreciated the support. I think a lot of times, the fans can make a bad situation worse by the way they react.

I remember one year while I was with the Wizards and we were playing in New York, the fans started booing after they lost the jump ball, and didn’t stop the entire game. Needless to say, the Knicks weren’t playing well, and didn’t have a good game that night, but I’m sure the fans didn’t help the situation. In comparison, the fans in Oklahoma City always showed appreciation. That atmosphere is really unique.

I really enjoyed being a part of that organization. Although things didn’t personally work out for me, I wish the Oklahoma City Thunder nothing but success in the future.

Here's the whole article if you guys didn't read it.

TylerSL
09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
these are the teams that have a better big 3
1.Miami-Wade,Lebron,Bosh
2.Boston-KG,Allen,Perice (say what you want, but if Boston was healthy, they woulda won the last 3 titles)
3.LA-Kobe,Gasol,Bynum
4.San Antonio-Duncan,Manu,Paker
5.Chicago-Rose,Noah,Boozer
6.Orlando-Howard,Nelson,VC
7.Denver-Melo, Billups, Nene

Dallas, OKC, Atlanta, and Blazers are all on the same level, I would go
8.OKC-KD,Westbrook,Green
9.Dallas-Dirk,Kidd,Butler
10.Blazers-Roy,Oden,Aldridge
11.Atlanta-Johnson,Horford,Smith

OKC big 3 is very very good, but are still very young and will only get better. When they are all in their primes they will compete with Miami, but not yet IMO

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Why all the green hate? He's a chemistry player. He blends well with their defensive schemes and plays a solid role on offense.. He's no star but is vital to the Thunders recent success. And the Westbrook vs Rose debate is crazy.. Ones the better scorer and one is the better defender ..

footballer2369
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM

understatement of the year

footballer2369
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Please.

if this was a parodical post i applaud your humor...if you are serious, then your unintentional comedy rivals that of ron artest.

and btw nothing about the thunder's current talent level is insurmountable and green is below average...(thus this is not real the best trio, especially considering the Heat trio's PER is over 80 combined and the Thunder's is less than 60)

topdog
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Durrant has great potential as a superstar, so a core 3 led by him definitely has a chance of becoming the best in the league.

HOWEVER, Westbrook still needs work on his game and is hard to truly measure as a player when he has played his whole career with Durrant. Green meanwhile is not anything more than an average player getting big minutes and not fitting well positionally: he's more of a natural 3 - same as Durrant.

Baller1
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
if this was a parodical post i applaud your humor...if you are serious, then your unintentional comedy rivals that of ron artest.

and btw nothing about the thunder's current talent level is insurmountable and green is below average...(thus this is not real the best trio, especially considering the Heat trio's PER is over 80 combined and the Thunder's is less than 60)

I'm not blind.

thescore53
09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
my god. heat fans have changed. even those who use to be quality posters are turning into attention whores who have to put miami in every thread. if i make a serious on who the worst team in the league is i guarantee it will turn into how awesome the heat are. there's still some heat fans who are unphased though.

MiamiLoyal926
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
my god. heat fans have changed. even those who use to be quality posters are turning into attention whores who have to put miami in every thread. if i make a serious on who the worst team in the league is i guarantee it will turn into how awesome the heat are. there's still some heat fans who are unphased though.

I am in no way saying that some heat fans do not overflow their excitement all over this forum, but 1. The first mention of the Miami heat was by a non heat fan... and 2. Are we suppose to omit our opinion even though it is a valid counter example and related?

thescore53
09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
im just saying sometimes it rubbs off as a bit homerish... same kind of one that you guys depise bulls fans for.

Wade>You
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
You guys keep hyping up these young players, then you criticize them for not winning a championship, then you hate them when they want to play for a team that does have a chance to win a title.

Rinse and repeat

:rolleyes:

Future apologies to Kevin Durant for being force-fed "the face of the NBA" title. I hope they don't send a lynch mob when the guy decides he wants to play for a championship.

Evolution23
09-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Jeff Green is not that guy

Lokthug101
09-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Amirr jhonson that's my mans

footballer2369
09-14-2010, 07:05 PM
im just saying sometimes it rubbs off as a bit homerish... same kind of one that you guys depise bulls fans for.

Nothing homerish in this thread...If I would have came in here last year saying "Wade, Beasley and JO >>>>Durant, Green and Westbrook" you could have said that's homerish without too much of an argument...

But here the fact remains that their big 3 is really a big one, a solid number two and a below average starter and it is far from the best big three. It probably doesn't crack the top 5.

Best young core? Probably. Best big 3? Hell no.

On a related subject to your post: How many people are going to ***** about Heat fans every thread. Are we supposed to sit there and not post when people are constantly talking trash about Lebron, the Big 3, Riley and the like? Haters are posting "lesser player vs. Lebron" and "Lebron farted ___" threads every day and they're not Heat fans... Heat fans are the ones who are coming in and disagreeing with the people who are still tasting those sour grapes. It's not homer. It's logic and it's defending our team. So stop *****ing.

SouthSideRookie
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Nothing homerish in this thread...If I would have came in here last year saying "Wade, Beasley and JO >>>>Durant, Green and Westbrook" you could have said that's homerish without too much of an argument...

But here the fact remains that their big 3 is really a big one, a solid number two and a below average starter and it is far from the best big three. It probably doesn't crack the top 5.

Best young core? Probably. Best big 3? Hell no.

On a related subject to your post: How many people are going to ***** about Heat fans every thread. Are we supposed to sit there and not post when people are constantly talking trash about Lebron, the Big 3, Riley and the like? Haters are posting "lesser player vs. Lebron" and "Lebron farted ___" threads every day and they're not Heat fans... Heat fans are the ones who are coming in and disagreeing with the people who are still tasting those sour grapes. It's not homer. It's logic and it's defending our team. So stop *****ing.

It's a byproduct of being considered "the favorites" or even winning. Gosh if Lebron, Riley and even the Heat fans in here are already feeling the effects of all the criticism that comes with the territory, what is it going to be when the real pressure gets turned on, ask Kobe and the Lakers.

John Walls Era
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Etan said "WILL FORM", so hes not saying their better than the Heat's or anyone else yet. That being said, I can't see Jeff Green being anything more than a solid player for the Thunder. Most of the other team's big 3s consist of players who are at least borderline first options (debatable) or great 2nd options.

SteveNash
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Whoever said Etan Thomas was smart lied.

samevans7
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
not now. maybe in 4 years, when Durant is the NBA's best player, Westy is a top 4 PG, and Green is agood scorer, maybe they can be one of the best.

but maybe this year, the Wiz are the worst team, and draft Harrison Barnes and JaJuan Johnson..... then i see them with John Wall as the team of the future, being better than OKC's when they get better

_KB24_
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah and the Jonas Brothers are as good as the Beatles.... :rolleyes:

Jeff Green is getting overrated. Their are PLENTIFUL better 3rd options than him.

junion
09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
it's always funny when a player says something, and people start making a big deal out of it. if you're on a team, you don't want to do or say anything against your team, you actually want to pump them up. Of course, he's going to say that their big 3 is good.

ChiSox219
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I like Ibaka as the #3 over Green

Maybe not offensively, but overall.

ChiBulls91
09-14-2010, 10:02 PM

congrats on taking his words out of contact. you a journalist? he said they WILL BECOME one of the best/the best.

tredigs
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Exactly what I was going to write. Their contender status will be more based on whether or not Ibaka + Aldrich can put together an elite defensive duo in the block; not what Jeff Green can do as their #3.

Ibaka is overflowing with potential defensively, though. And we saw more than a few glimpses of what he is capable of in his rookie season last year. Air Congo is their X-factor... and really ****ing fun to watch play basketball.

Ovratd1up
09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
This is all I'm posting, and will not respond to any response you have of this because I'm tired of this argument. Here's your proof to why you're wrong, that's all I have to say.

Russell Westbrook Vs. Derrick Rose

:eyebrow:

Ovratd1up
09-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Yes.

Tmath
09-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Durant > Lebron Wade Bosh

Baller1
09-14-2010, 11:30 PM

As much as I love Green, you're probably right.

papoose123
09-15-2010, 03:11 AM
andrea bargnani, demar derozan, amir johnson

PWND u n00bs

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Durant has an elite offensive game (in one respect) he is a pure shooter. He doesn't make his own shot, he reminds me of a taller Ray Allen. His defense is par, nothing compared to Lebron,Kobe,Wade,Howard,and more superstars. Having one aspect of the game shouldn't put him in the same sentence as those 4, who have mastered offensive and defense. (Howard has mastered his own way of offense which is effective for him, ALTHOUGH he has a lot to work on to.)

I may of misunderstood but isn't it "Defense wins championships not Offense." One that Durant at this point of his career has A LOT to improve on.

I love Durant, he was one of my favorite players, but as many people have posted you guys are making me hate him. I can't believe these people are so crazy about how he did at the FIBA world championships. Are you joking me? 2nd rate international players, (stars didn't play, and most teams had only 1 NBA player that we wouldn't even argue are great.) and a close 3pter. I don't see how we can judge this as him improving significantly.

He may have improved in leadership, but we don't even know if that is true. How do you not know if Billups or Odom didn't take that role of leadership, I mean both of these players have been on the BIG stage, against the worlds best.

Please don't rage on my post, I love Durant but I wouldn't put him in the same sentence of the most elite players. But that is just me.. Sorry

Antipod
09-15-2010, 04:44 AM
in 2-3 years, certainly :)

LeBroom
09-15-2010, 05:58 AM
DeMar Derozan
Sonny Weems
Amir Johnson

IHeartNY
09-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Etan Thomas is guy I have respect for, because he's one of the more intelligent guys playing in the NBA at the moment. His words are well chosen and I can just say, that I see the Thunder-Big-Three, just like he does.

Carey
09-15-2010, 08:36 AM
You guys keep hyping up these young players, then you criticize them for not winning a championship, then you hate them when they want to play for a team that does have a chance to win a title.

Rinse and repeat

:rolleyes:

Future apologies to Kevin Durant for being force-fed "the face of the NBA" title. I hope they don't send a lynch mob when the guy decides he wants to play for a championship.

He will....in OKC

lukeem21
09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
i think there are way too many assumptions going around about how good the heat trio will be together considering how fundamentally poor the three of them match up together philosophically.

All three of them are used to being number 1 options, none of which make a living outside the three point, or are distributors.

I think the Heat would be monumentally better if they traded Bosh for two strong role players that play defense and rebound with consistancy.

If you're comparing the skill level of each player head to head in a hypothetical who is the better player scenario the Thunder might never catch up to the Heat BUT who cares about hypothetical? (Oh right 95% of PSD) I Believe the Thunder have a chance to be a better team next year based on their talents of their top three players actually making sense on a team together.

Baller1
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
i think there are way too many assumptions going around about how good the heat trio will be together considering how fundamentally poor the three of them match up together philosophically.

All three of them are used to being number 1 options, none of which make a living outside the three point, or are distributors.

I think the Heat would be monumentally better if they traded Bosh for two strong role players that play defense and rebound with consistancy.

If you're comparing the skill level of each player head to head in a hypothetical who is the better player scenario the Thunder might never catch up to the Heat BUT who cares about hypothetical? (Oh right 95% of PSD) I Believe the Thunder have a chance to be a better team next year based on their talents of their top three players actually making sense on a team together.

Uhhhh... LeBron is probably the best distributing Forward of all time.

Yunqn
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
im really starting to dislike how ya suck kds di*k on anpther level now.. westbrooks best = boshes when its all said and done .. how the ****** can green get to wades? and for thunder fans please just truthfully admit it kd wont be better than lebron.. seriously when kd gets triple doubles easily let me know.. when he leads a team with larry hughes as his second best player to te finals let me know.. when people just dont look at you for scoring but for pg skills and now a off ball set hes goina learn in miami its over.. people never talk about threesomes unless it was sexual but now when three top 15 guys get together all of a sudden teams secretly had three of their own ..really? id you want people to stop talkin about miami then stop comparing to what you know is now the top of the line..

this is all coming from etan thomas though .. so truthfully what do you expect? if people think miamis "trio" can break records than why hasnt anyone else talked about that?

knickfan33
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
thunder is one big man away from being the best team in the NBA... the only team in the west that can beat the lakers....

in a couple years kobe,bron,wade ect.. will all be past their prime and durant will be 23-24 years old and running this leaugue.

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 01:28 PM
thunder is one big man away from being the best team in the NBA... the only team in the west that can beat the lakers....

in a couple years kobe,bron,wade ect.. will all be past their prime and durant will be 23-24 years old and running this leaugue.

LOL really? Can you let these guys prove them selves a little more before you assume they would be the best team in the NBA. lol but if we are going to say that, if the LAKERS had a really good point guard then omg they would be even crazier then they are. ;) what ifs are so annoying so can people stop saying this.

The thunder did good at the end of the season and i applaud them for that BUT let them show they are worthy of being a top seed first. They didn't do much this offseason but resign Durant. With Durant being looked at as a top notch player I think teams will take him more seriously this year then they did last and his offensive might be less then it was.

Please do not compare his stats to the FIBA championships, that crap was a joke.

Oh and how are they the only team in the west that can beat LA. Did they prove that? NOPE, so again with the assumptions... The Thunder didn't make any big changes but the Lakers greatly improved their bench, but yet the Thunder are even closer to beating the Lakers? Doesn't make sense to me.

Carey
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
LOL really? Can you let these guys prove them selves a little more before you assume they would be the best team in the NBA. lol but if we are going to say that, if the LAKERS had a really good point guard then omg they would be even crazier then they are. ;) what ifs are so annoying so can people stop saying this.

The thunder did good at the end of the season and i applaud them for that BUT let them show they are worthy of being a top seed first. They didn't do much this offseason but resign Durant. With Durant being looked at as a top notch player I think teams will take him more seriously this year then they did last and his offensive might be less then it was.

Please do not compare his stats to the FIBA championships, that crap was a joke.

Oh and how are they the only team in the west that can beat LA. Did they prove that? NOPE, so again with the assumptions... The Thunder didn't make any big changes but the Lakers greatly improved their bench, but yet the Thunder are even closer to beating the Lakers? Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree to an extent, i think people have over hyped us a bit but just because we didnt make any major acquisitions and now have peoples attention doesnt mean we wont be a better team. All our core players are 25 or younger, they'll all come back better players on top of the experience of playing the champs in a 7 game series. We were small so we got Aldrich, we needed more outside shooting so we got Mo Pete and Cook, neither will play a big role but will get spot mins and probably be open alot.

SouthSideRookie
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM

I agree,you beat me to the punch, IF Dirk had another go to, IF Dwight Howard had a second legit star, enough with the what IF'S.

I agree to an extent, i think people have over hyped us a bit but just because we didnt make any major acquisitions and now have peoples attention doesnt mean we wont be a better team. All our core players are 25 or younger, they'll all come back better players on top of the experience of playing the champs in a 7 game series. We were small so we got Aldrich, we needed more outside shooting so we got Mo Pete and Cook, neither will play a big role but will get spot mins and probably be open alot.

Yeah, afterall every young talent on a teams roster usually ends up panning out.

oO ShowTime Oo
09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Okc have a good chemistry

ChiSox219
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Durant has an elite offensive game (in one respect) he is a pure shooter. He doesn't make his own shot, he reminds me of a taller Ray Allen. His defense is par, nothing compared to Lebron,Kobe,Wade,Howard,and more superstars. Having one aspect of the game shouldn't put him in the same sentence as those 4, who have mastered offensive and defense. (Howard has mastered his own way of offense which is effective for him, ALTHOUGH he has a lot to work on to.)

I may of misunderstood but isn't it "Defense wins championships not Offense." One that Durant at this point of his career has A LOT to improve on.

I love Durant, he was one of my favorite players, but as many people have posted you guys are making me hate him. I can't believe these people are so crazy about how he did at the FIBA world championships. Are you joking me? 2nd rate international players, (stars didn't play, and most teams had only 1 NBA player that we wouldn't even argue are great.) and a close 3pter. I don't see how we can judge this as him improving significantly.

He may have improved in leadership, but we don't even know if that is true. How do you not know if Billups or Odom didn't take that role of leadership, I mean both of these players have been on the BIG stage, against the worlds best.

Please don't rage on my post, I love Durant but I wouldn't put him in the same sentence of the most elite players. But that is just me.. Sorry

It sounds a lot like you didn't see much of Durant last year. A lot of people didn't and that's why the hype is only coming now, after his performance at the FIBA competition.

Fact of the matter is, Durant had a great all around season last year. He was the NBA's Most Improved Player, regardless of who the award actually went to. In 08-09, Durant's defense was lacking and last off-season he took a lot of heat, particularly for his defense of the PnR.

He worked hard all of last summer and came back as one of the leagues better perimeter defenders, by any measure, in the same league as Kobe, Wade, and Lebron on that side of the court.

If you watched the Lakers-Thunder series, you'll recall Durant guarding Kobe, and doing it well.

Overall, the Thunder were 9th in defense. I'd expect them to move up in that category because Durant, Westbrook, Sefolosha, and Ibaka, all already good defenders, are still young and improving. Adding Aldrich and Mo Peterson add even more defensive depth.

MTar786
09-15-2010, 04:00 PM

id take westbrook any day

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
It sounds a lot like you didn't see much of Durant last year. A lot of people didn't and that's why the hype is only coming now, after his performance at the FIBA competition.

Fact of the matter is, Durant had a great all around season last year. He was the NBA's Most Improved Player, regardless of who the award actually went to. In 08-09, Durant's defense was lacking and last off-season he took a lot of heat, particularly for his defense of the PnR.

He worked hard all of last summer and came back as one of the leagues better perimeter defenders, by any measure, in the same league as Kobe, Wade, and Lebron on that side of the court.

If you watched the Lakers-Thunder series, you'll recall Durant guarding Kobe, and doing it well.

Overall, the Thunder were 9th in defense. I'd expect them to move up in that category because Durant, Westbrook, Sefolosha, and Ibaka, all already good defenders, are still young and improving. Adding Aldrich and Mo Peterson add even more defensive depth.

Wow you are either way to in love with Durant, OR you do not watch anyone play other than Durant, THERE is no way Durant is the same defensively as the TOP defenders in the league. Kobe,Lebron,Wade,Howard are on a different level you are crazy to believe he is on the same.

Bring The Heat
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM

Here you are trying to sound smart like if you know what you are talking about when you truly don't.

Do you watch these players enough? Wade and Lebron are great distributors... Wade is a great passer and last year averaged about 7 assists a game and Lebron about 8... Like the guy said above Lebron James is probaly the best distributing forward to ever play the game.. if he wanted to he could even play the PG position. Wade and Lebron especially Wade has improved his range from 3 point line

WadeKobe
09-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Durant > Lebron Wade Bosh

:laugh:

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I think Lebron and Wade are good passers, BUT Lebron had a lot of assist to his shooters on the Cavs. He was surround by Pure shooters on every corner. I think it is going to be tough for those 2 to play at the same time, Lebron and Wade aren't that good of shooters, don't kid yourself. Now Lebron isn't a bad 3 point shooter because defenders do not want him to drive (which he does 95% of the time). As I have said in other threads, if you can guard the paint the Heat won't be as unbeatable as you think.

Bring The Heat
09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
People need to stop with the Durant > Wade... its ridiculous Durant is good but if you look at all around game its not close.

Shooting is just about what Durant has on Wade... Wade can get easier buckets because he's a better slasher to the hoop and finishes in traffic better than anyone... Has better handles... A better distributor with the ball... And most important a lot better defensively... In other words better all around player...

WadeKobe
09-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Lebron and Wade are good passers, BUT Lebron had a lot of assist to his shooters on the Cavs. He was surround by Pure shooters on every corner. I think it is going to be tough for those 2 to play at the same time, Lebron and Wade aren't that good of shooters, don't kid yourself. Now Lebron isn't a bad 3 point shooter because defenders do not want him to drive (which he does 95% of the time). As I have said in other threads, if you can guard the paint the Heat won't be as unbeatable as you think.

Mike Miller and Eddie House aren't pure shooters? :eyebrow:

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 05:06 PM
People need to stop with the Durant > Wade... its ridiculous Durant is good but if you look at all around game its not close.

Shooting is just about what Durant has on Wade... Wade can get easier buckets because he's a better slasher to the hoop and finishes in traffic better than anyone... Has better handles... A better distributor with the ball... And most important a lot better defensively... In other words better all around player...

I agree with this statement, but it has to do with Lebron and Kobe. He is like a Tall Ray Allen, and isn't a good defender. Unless you are someone like the guy above who believe Durant is as good defensively as Lebron,Wade and Kobe LOL

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Mike Miller and Eddie House aren't pure shooters? :eyebrow:

I agree they are, but they are only 2 players. I haven't watched Miller before. BUT house is VERY inconsistent, at least he was on the Celtics. On the Cavs he was surrounded by shooters.

LeafsRaps
09-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Down the line a few years perhaps. IMO this team has more upside than any team in the league and Kevin Durant WILL be the best player in the NBA...

Baller1
09-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree with this statement, but it has to do with Lebron and Kobe. He is like a Tall Ray Allen, and isn't a good defender. Unless you are someone like the guy above who believe Durant is as good defensively as Lebron,Wade and Kobe LOL

Durant is on their level defensively.
You seriously don't know what you're talking about...

DeZonia
09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Durant is on their level defensively.
You seriously don't know what you're talking about...

LOL, so Durant is on their level defensively? You are stupid, then he must be just as great as them, Or better right?

You are just bias because you obviously love Durant, because he is the Star of your team.

If he is just as good as them they why do people say his only weakness is Defense... Doesn't seem to make sense to me, or is it you and this other guy are the only ones in the PSD forums who think Durant is an ELITE DEFENDER... Really wow, he hasn't proved crap defensively.

Hawkeye15
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
LeBron > Durant
Wade > either Westbrook or Green
Bosh > either

this is kind of a laughable thread. Green is about as good as he is going to get, which is above average forward. Westbrook will be a really nice player, but Wade takes a dump on him now, and for a number of years. Durant is still seperated by his defense and distrubution skills LeBron has over him

The very fact that most of PSD would rank the top 2 players from the Heat higher than Durant should crush this little comparison

NEXT

mjt20mik
09-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I could totally see that being the case.

The HEAT have become the evil empire. I think heat fans recognize this and are beginning to accept it...

It's not the Heat that have become "evil" per say. I think it's a lot of annoying heat fans thinking they are the end all. I mean your team is phenomenal, and I'd like the championship to be brought back to the East, but being cocky when you have proved nothing is slightly annoying.

Regarding the original topic, I think what he said has some validity. He states that they will be a force to be reckoning with (in the future). Which I think is a huge possibility.

Hawkeye15
09-15-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=boshch01&y1=2010&p2=greenje02&y2=2010

first off, can we make this a duo?? Bosh vs Green is literally laughable.
Going 5 years into the future, there is a possibility that Durant/Westbrook could surpass LeBron/Wade. A very slim one, but a possibility none the less

But to include Jeff Green, with a career PER of 12.7, against Chris Bosh, almost ticks me off. Green's statistics show he isn't even an average player in the NBA. He has improved not at all, and I am willing to give him the intangibles nod to say he is a decent starter. I have watched him play 10 times in person, and I don't even notice he is there. Bosh takes and absolute crap on Green, and the very fact that most of PSD would rank Durant BELOW both LeBron and Wade, tell me this is ridiculous to bring up for at least 3 years

Avenged
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
LeBron > Durant
Wade > either Westbrook or Green
Bosh > either

this is kind of a laughable thread. Green is about as good as he is going to get, which is above average forward. Westbrook will be a really nice player, but Wade takes a dump on him now, and for a number of years. Durant is still seperated by his defense and distrubution skills LeBron has over him

The very fact that most of PSD would rank the top 2 players from the Heat higher than Durant should crush this little comparison

NEXT

Good to see a Durant fan isn't taking his hype to a whole nother' level like a lot in this thread.

xabial
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Chris Bosh > Jeff Green
Durant><LeBron?
Wade> Russel

Its not close when you think about it and i dont like PG's in Big 3's.
Maybe 5-10 years from Now

drew_ellis_23
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
That's actually funny you say that. I absolutely despise the Lakers but you're right, respect is different. And I definitely have respect for the Lakers.

Yeah I am a Blazer fan and I got respect for what OKC is doing. You factor in age, I would take them over Orlando, San Antonio, LA, and Bostons big three for sure. Maybe this year and next year those teams could be better, but we are talking long term. OKC is a force and only getting better. Portland and OKC are going to be forces. Miami has freakeshly good players in Lebron and Wade, but Bosh was the only guy in Toronto so we need to see what he can do as a role player. Jeff Green in Toronto could easily put up similar numbers to that of Bosh. He is a third option so he can only do so much as you guys will see with Bosh this year. Two other guys that are better players and almost always have the ball will change things. Third option is what it is.

Team*Chicago
09-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Ill take

Miami- bron, wade, bosh
Boston- Pp- ray- KG
L.A.L- Bryant-Gasol-Bynum
Orlando- Howard-Nelson-Lewis
Chicago- Rose-Boozer- Noah

over KD-Westbrook-Green, were speaking of them as a unit a "big three" and although KD by himself is one of the best players westbrook and green are no where near better second options than any one above. ****, what the hell has Green done to make him anything greater than an average role player?

Even though I don't like you and the rest of the lame annoying Heat fans but I agree with you, I would take those over the Thunder Big 3 too that only has 1 star(only Kevin Durrant).

masTOR_shake1
09-16-2010, 12:35 AM
the thunder are now north america's team