PDA

View Full Version : Two team race now?

Hawk503
09-12-2010, 10:49 PM
It's only week one, but if the Rams are gonna take the cards to the wire...is it crazy to think that it's the Hawks and the niners battling for the division title? I say nope :D

furmat60
09-12-2010, 11:06 PM
No, because the way they played, I think the Cards can beat them.

plastikman
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Like you said its only week one, ask this question in six or so more weeks.

furmat60
09-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Like you said its only week one, ask this question in six or so more weeks.

Judging by the way we played though, I wouldn't mind putting money on it that we win the division.

Seattle4Ever
09-12-2010, 11:33 PM
It really all comes down to the play of the 3 QBs in the division (Rams don't even get mentioned in the NFC West title, lol)

Derek Anderson is god awful so you can probably eliminate the Cards, especially because they almost lost to the Rams.

Alex Smith is inconsistent as hell, he was pretty damn bad today and literally could not lob it to wide open people, although he was 12/15 at one point.

Just because we have a smart, veteran QB and vastly improved team, I believe we take the cake this year. You can quote me... literally.

furmat60
09-12-2010, 11:37 PM
^ I'm with you man! I've been saying that for awhile now!

Oh, how bout them Skins! I called that one too! WOO! I'm SO PUMPED from the HAWK'S WIN! I'm wide awake and I have to get up for work in 8 hours!

Seattle4Ever
09-12-2010, 11:43 PM
^ I'm with you man! I've been saying that for awhile now!

Oh, how bout them Skins! I called that one too! WOO! I'm SO PUMPED from the HAWK'S WIN! I'm wide awake and I have to get up for work in 8 hours!

Man I'm super pumped for this season. I have to get up for school in.... about 9 1/2 hours :facepalm:

furmat60
09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Man I'm super pumped for this season. I have to get up for school in.... about 9 1/2 hours :facepalm:

Man, I worked 85 hours this week! Working 50 something next week........it's getting exhausting lol. School? You in high school?

Seattle4Ever
09-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Man, I worked 85 hours this week! Working 50 something next week........it's getting exhausting lol. School? You in high school?

Haha, ****. Yeah I'm a Sophomore in high school, but ever since I was little I've been a sports enthusiast. If you asked me what the batting averages of Ichiro, Bret Boone, David Bell, Mike Cameron was... I'd know it off the top of my noggin. :laugh:

I had a summer job this summer, and worked 7 hours, once a week :D

furmat60
09-13-2010, 12:36 AM
^ Lucky lol. Ichiro is my boy! Truly a humble player, and what someone in MLB should be like.

Man, makes me feel old. I've been out of high school for 3 years now haha.

seahawks509
09-13-2010, 01:13 AM
I still think this is gonna come down between us and the 49ers. Also still think there the favorites.

The Cardinals-Rams game just proves that Arizona did lose a lot, and are serious need of finding there QB.

Im also gonna say that I think the Rams are gonna be better than people are gonna give them credit for.

furmat60
09-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Yeah, if Bradford keeps the INT's down. Even throwing 4 INT's, he STILL was in the game. They just need some receivers!

Baller1
09-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Too early to start counting teams out...

Hawk503
09-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Bret Boone. Haha. He was my favorite player, but he didn't take roids or anything...I never understood people who aren't "sports enthusiasts". Lol. Textbooks just don't bring the same thrill or at least for me. I'm a sophomore in college and I wish big Paul Allen could just hook me up with some cash for life. Full-time job as a Hawks fan maybe?

furmat60
09-13-2010, 02:00 AM
I would definitely take that job! Haha! I hope to finally start school soon too....hopefully in January. Being active duty military keeps me busy, so I haven't had a chance to start yet.

SEAbeliever
09-13-2010, 02:16 AM
One game at a time fellas.

I have a feeling that Pete Carroll is going to make a lot of people believers this year. Man, that guy is a presence on the sideline, I love it.

Boozerguy47
09-13-2010, 02:39 AM
This is still the 9ers' division to lose.

Cards have no team without Warner.

Rams are too young.

Seahawks have the pieces, it's too early to tell how this will play out... It has the potential to be very interesting though.

furmat60
09-13-2010, 08:34 AM
^ Sure does! Total possibility that we start off 3-1 or 4-0, and the 49ers start off 1-3 or 0-4!

drew_ellis_23
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Great game, now we need to stomp Denver! 49ers will bounce back. Seahawks could go 8 and 0 against our division for sure. The game in San Fran will be our only real test.

Baller1
09-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Great game, now we need to stomp Denver! 49ers will bounce back. Seahawks could go 8 and 0 against our division for sure. The game in San Fran will be our only real test.

We play the division six times, considering we don't play against ourselves.
And I wouldn't say that's our only test. We've yet to see how we play on the road, so any of those road games could be tough.

Hawk503
09-13-2010, 10:21 PM
At least we can talk about the possibility of winning the division. The beginning of the game all I was thinking was, "oh boy, not another season like this". But here we are filled with optimism and I LOVE it.

furmat60
09-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing when Matt threw an INT the first play of the game. Totally wasn't all his fault though. He redeemed himself when he ran for that TD. Man, he's still got it! I'm so happy! I love Matt! Big fan of his :)

Hawk503
09-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Matt is definitely one of the better guys that is easy to root for.

Boozerguy47
09-14-2010, 03:27 AM

Haha, calm down, I think you're getting over excited :p

I really doubt we go 6-0 in the division. 5-1 is best I see.

clang7777
09-14-2010, 07:44 AM
I think its a mistake to right off Arizona this quickly guys...

Clearly its going to take that offense a few weeks to click considering the last minute handing of the guard to Derek Andersen. He isn't the best Quarterback by any means, but he fits exactly what they have excelled during their recent reign (vertical passing game). Once he devlopes chemistry with Fitz/Breaston and co. they are going to be tough to stop.

They have far too much talent on both sides of the ball to call this a two team race.

furmat60
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I think its a mistake to right off Arizona this quickly guys...

Clearly its going to take that offense a few weeks to click considering the last minute handing of the guard to Derek Andersen. He isn't the best Quarterback by any means, but he fits exactly what they have excelled during their recent reign (vertical passing game). Once he devlopes chemistry with Fitz/Breaston and co. they are going to be tough to stop.

They have far too much talent on both sides of the ball to call this a two team race.

Fitz needs to get his **** together. Anderson targeted him 15 times and he only caught 3 balls.

CityofTreez
09-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Too early to start counting teams out...

Way too early, except for the Rams!

furmat60
09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Way too early, except for the Rams!

And the 49ers :P

alexander_37
09-14-2010, 05:27 PM
It really all comes down to the play of the 3 QBs in the division (Rams don't even get mentioned in the NFC West title, lol)

Derek Anderson is inconsistent as hell so you can probably eliminate the Cards, especially because they almost lost to the Rams.

Alex Smith is god awful, he was pretty damn bad today and literally could not lob it to wide open people, although he was 12/15 at one point.

Just because we have a smart, veteran QB and vastly improved team, I believe we take the cake this year. You can quote me... literally.

Fixed it for you, may I remind you Anderson made the pro bowl before and smith has never been considered as a towel boy in the pro bowl.

Seattle4Ever
09-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Fixed it for you, may I remind you Anderson made the pro bowl before and smith has never been considered as a towel boy in the pro bowl.

I'd much rather have Alex Smith than Anderson to be honest. Smith's only dreadful season was his rookie season, which is understandable.

bruser23
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I'd much rather have Alex Smith than Anderson to be honest. Smith's only dreadful season was his rookie season, which is understandable.

Derek Anderson has had success before pro bowl in 07. Anderson accuracy isn't great. Smith doesn't make good decision, consistently. That is why I rate Anderson over Smith.

Seattle4Ever
09-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Derek Anderson has had success before pro bowl in 07. Anderson accuracy isn't great. Smith doesn't make good decision, consistently. That is why I rate Anderson over Smith.

I don't think Anderson fits in our offense at all, and Anderson has had just one solid season. Which was actually really good.

Seahawker562
09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Lets not get to cocky guys, remember last years season opener when we stomped the rams and shut them out? Everyone was confident after that, how did our season end up though..... I know its a different situation with all our personel changes, but lets not celebrate just yet. We could still easily lose any divisional game... any givin sunday

Go Hawks

Seattle4Ever
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Well, the 49ers aren't exactly the Rams. The Rams this year and last year are projected to finish last in the division. The 49ers are projected to win it, and we actually have a realistic chance at winning it, so this is a bigger deal.

furmat60
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, the 49ers aren't exactly the Rams. The Rams this year and last year are projected to finish last in the division. The 49ers are projected to win it, and we actually have a realistic chance at winning it, so this is a bigger deal.

Agreed. You don't get confidence from thrashing the rams, no matter the score. We beat the Jags last season 41-0, and we still had a ****** season. the 49ers were supposed to be good, and had the 3rd ranked defense. People everywhere projected us to go 0-6 in the first 6 games. To come in with all new players, new FO, new coaches, new scheme, new ideas and philosophies, and a new tempo is a very drastic change. With all of that, we dominated that 3rd ranked defense and the projected division winner. Handed their ***** on a gold platter. I'd say we have the ****ing right to feel a little cocky. By cocky I mean confident.

Seattle4Ever
09-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Agreed. You don't get confidence from thrashing the rams, no matter the score. We beat the Jags last season 41-0, and we still had a ****** season. the 49ers were supposed to be good, and had the 3rd ranked defense. People everywhere projected us to go 0-6 in the first 6 games. To come in with all new players, new FO, new coaches, new scheme, new ideas and philosophies, and a new tempo is a very drastic change. With all of that, we dominated that 3rd ranked defense and the projected division winner. Handed their ***** on a gold platter. I'd say we have the ****ing right to feel a little cocky. By cocky I mean confident.

I'm not gonna lie, I have a bad feeling for all of our away games. We are pretty bad on the road. But you never know, this is a new team.

Seahawker562
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
My point exactly,,, we went 41-0 against the Jags yet we were still one of the worst teams in the league... Im just saying dont put to much into one game

furmat60
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I have a bad feeling for all of our away games. We are pretty bad on the road. But you never know, this is a new team.

New team, new ideas, a lot of enthusiasm. You really think Carroll is not going to be pumped for away games? If anything, we are going to be even more pumped! I can't wait till we hand the Bronco's their second loss in a row!

Seattle4Ever
09-15-2010, 12:32 AM
New team, new ideas, a lot of enthusiasm. You really think Carroll is not going to be pumped for away games? If anything, we are going to be even more pumped! I can't wait till we hand the Bronco's their second loss in a row!

I think we can pull it off. Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal are there only playmakers on offense, besides Moreno I guess.

furmat60
09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I think we can pull it off. Demaryius Thomas and Eddie Royal are there only playmakers on offense, besides Moreno I guess.

Yeah, that's all they have, and Denver's O-line is horrible. They allowed 3 sacks this past game against the Jags. I really hope we get the win this week! I actually get to watch this game! lol

Seattle4Ever
09-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, that's all they have, and Denver's O-line is horrible. They allowed 3 sacks this past game against the Jags. I really hope we get the win this week! I actually get to watch this game! lol

They have Ryan Clady! Lol. That's basically it that I can think of.

furmat60
09-15-2010, 12:47 AM
They have Ryan Clady! Lol. That's basically it that I can think of.

Same lol and with Hill back, we are going to have a better pass rush. I'm calling it right now.....BMW and Forsett get touchdowns, and Earl is picking up his first career interception!

Baller1
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Same lol and with Hill back, we are going to have a better pass rush. I'm calling it right now.....BMW and Forsett get touchdowns, and Earl is picking up his first career interception!

You got one pick six right, and now you're Nostradamus?

:p

furmat60
09-15-2010, 05:16 PM
You got one pick six right, and now you're Nostradamus?

:p

Hell yes I am! You know how hard it is to predict a pick six? lol I'm not saying Earl Thomas is taking this one to the house, but he is getting one.

clang7777
09-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Can't really compare Derek Andersen and Alex Smith.

It is entirely dependent upon what offense is being run. If i were the Cards I would take Andersen, and if I were the Niners I would take Alex Smith. If I were the Seahawks, I would take Alex Smith; that doesn't mean that Alex Smith > Derek Andersen though.

Hawk503
09-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Alex Smith has the tools to be good, but man, he just looks horrible a lot. Guess he just doesn't have "it"

Baller1
09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
Alex Smith is ****. Simple as that. Luckily for the NFC West, that franchise won't give up on him.

hawks4life
09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I definitely think we can pull it off, but I wouldn't take The Broncos too lightly. I think The 49ers came into Qwest Field, thinking that they were gonna roll over us and they got burned! Why else would they go for it on 4th down 3 times in a row?... They were way too confident. They won't be that easy to beat in Candlestick Park. WE CANNOT DO THIS IN MILE HIGH.
That being said, as long as we can take every game this year one game at a time, we can be on top of the NFC West again. Even if we do lose to the 49ers next time, Sweep the Rams and Cards, and take another 5 games through the sked, that will leave us 10-5. This year, we're playing the AFC West (IMO ,the weakest division in the NFL) and the NFC South (Carolina and Tampa didn't look too great) along with the Giants and Bears. I don't think it's too unreasonable to get 5 wins outside the division.

Seattle4Ever
09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
^ Very optimistic, I see.

hawks4life
09-17-2010, 10:19 PM
^ Very optimistic, I see.

Maybe... But really, San Fran is probably one of our toughest opponents this year. Now, I don't think we'll be able to repeat that performance on our second meeting, but this schedule can't get any easier. We have the best QB in the NFC West. In fact, IMO there's probably only 4 qb's this year that are better (Brees, Rivers, maybe Ryan and Cassel). The only way that we lose is if we get over confident because of last weeks win. We have to keep that same momentum moving into week 2.

I'm sticking with my prediction of 8-8 but I don't think it's impossible to squeeze 2 more wins out.

Seattle4Ever
09-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Maybe... But really, San Fran is probably one of our toughest opponents this year. Now, I don't think we'll be able to repeat that performance on our second meeting, but this schedule can't get any easier. We have the best QB in the NFC West. In fact, IMO there's probably only 4 qb's this year that are better (Brees, Rivers, maybe Ryan and Cassel). The only way that we lose is if we get over confident because of last weeks win. We have to keep that same momentum moving into week 2.

I'm sticking with my prediction of 8-8 but I don't think it's impossible to squeeze 2 more wins out.

What about Brady and the Manning's?