PDA

View Full Version : Olympic team

AussieLaker
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey guys
After watching the basketball this morning USA vs turkey. It was said that mike k would be keeping half the team from the fiba international and half the Olympic team.

Who do you think stays and who do you think goes?
I think in:
Kobe
D.Howard
Lebron
Wade

Out:
Love
Chandler
Curry
Granger

Khalifa21
09-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Obviously Chris Paul and Deron Williams will be starting and back up PG's respectively, assuming nothing crazy happens. That will mean Billups (who'll be nearly 36) will be dropped and one of either Rose or Westbrook (maybe both).

I could actually see Love remaining as well... I think he really suits international play and if him and Dwight played next to each other, the other team would never get a rebound.

Odom will be swapped for Chris Bosh probably.

IAmKira
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
way to miss durant and melo

bahama0811
09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm sure Chauncey will be gone. According to most of the people on here lately Melo wouldn't be deserving to be on the team.

alencp3
09-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Centers:Dwight,Bosh,Perry Jones
Forwards:LeBron,Durant,Harrison Barnes,Griffin
Guards:Paul,Wade,Williams,Wall,Kobe

Robbw241
09-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Brook Lopez will make the team unless he isn't healthy again.

tredigs
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm sure Chauncey will be gone. According to most of the people on here lately Melo wouldn't be deserving to be on the team.

There might be a little too much backlash being that he has a lot of star power, but it would be a good idea for us to leave him off the team. When you have KD and Lebron at the 3 (or 4), what's the point? A team needs their stars, but we also need role players. I'd much rather have a quality defender/pass-first player in his slot [who wouldn't mind playing ~10 minutes a game] being that we already have his position on lock offensively.

My early thoughts/hopes are:

PG: Cp3 / D. Will
SG: Wade / Westbrook / Curry
SF: Lebron / (Igoudala, maybe)
PF: Durant / Bosh
C: Howard / Lopez

Storch
09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Guards:
Rose Wade Curry Westbrook Billups

Forwards:
Lebron, Melo, Durant

Centers:
Howard, Bosh, Odom

Whoever else they can get after these guys is icing on the cake.

Kobe won't play, he's been saying that he needs rest more n more over the years because he claims he's old. Lopez and Paul should get in if they're healthy. Billups is arguable to get in, but you can't deny his championship experience and swag in the closing minutes.

AussieLaker
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
i didnt leave Durant out obviously he is a lock to be in after his play in the tournament.

They were saying on the live feed that Mike K was keeping half the team and bringing half the team from the olympics.

Westbrook impressed me from the times i could watch him play he is a good slasher and even though he missed that dunk it looked awesome.

My Team would be:

D-Will, Rose, Westbrook, Wade, Kobe
Lebron, Melo, Durant, Igoudala
Howard, Odom, Bosh/Love (throwing in love again cause he doesnt mind playing limited minutes even though he does produce in them)

Avenged
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
There might be a little too much backlash being that he has a lot of star power, but it would be a good idea for us to leave him off the team. When you have KD and Lebron at the 3 (or 4), what's the point? A team needs their stars, but we also need role players. I'd much rather have a quality defender/pass-first player in his slot [who wouldn't mind playing ~10 minutes a game] being that we already have his position on lock offensively.

My early thoughts/hopes are:

PG: Cp3 / D. Will
SG: Wade / Westbrook / Curry
SF: Lebron / (Igoudala, maybe)
PF: Durant / Bosh
C: Howard / Lopez

Seems about right, not sold on Curry or Lopez making the team yet though.

I think Odom may make it and have a similar role to Prince during the Olympics.

Paul Pierce has also showed interest in playing for the team.

xabial
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
wtf they win the world championship something that hasnt been done since the dream team did it and you just break apart the team for big names. This team is fine, their young athletic and they get the job done. In 2006 Worlds the team had Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dwight, Carmelo, Chris Paul and they didnt win. This team was filled with Humble B players who didnt decline an invitation to the 2010 Worlds because they wanted to play and represent their country even after a long NBA season. Keep the Same Team! I made a thread about this that got moved before. I still agree that Team Chemistry > individual talent.
Feel like making another one thread to see public opinion about this decision, but i dont want to sound repititous... anyone interested in a poll?

97NYer
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Paul/Williams
Wade/Bryant/Roy
LeBron/Durant/Melo
Bosh/Stoudemire
Howard/Lopez

JordansBulls
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
This team won gold, so they should stay together. Unless this FIBA team failed then I see no reason why half the team from 2008 should be on the olympic team in 2012.

Khalifa21
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Deron Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade/Steph Curry
SF: LeBron James/Kevin Durant
PF: Chris Bosh/Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard/Kevin Love

I'd love to see Brandon Roy make the team. I don't really understand why he doesn't get any consideration... Has he said he doesn't want to play for Team USA or something?

Khalifa21
09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
This team won gold, so they should stay together. Unless this FIBA team failed then I see no reason why half the team from 2008 should be on the olympic team in 2012.

The 2008 team won gold in a much tougher competition with a higher standard of play. This 2010 team showed you don't have to keep the exact same team for success.

And c'mon, if LeBron, Wade, Paul, Howard, Bosh etc. want to play you seriously not gonna take them? Every other team will take their best players so why should Team USA be any different? If we kept the same FIBA team and we didn't win gold everyone would be moaning about not taking Bron, CP3, Dwight etc. so why just keep the same players for the sake of chemistry, which will still be intact even if you add in the "team A" guys...

tredigs
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
The 2008 team won gold in a much tougher competition with a higher standard of play. This 2010 team showed you don't have to keep the exact same team for success.

And c'mon, if LeBron, Wade, Paul, Howard, Bosh etc. want to play you seriously not gonna take them? Every other team will take their best players so why should Team USA be any different? If we kept the same FIBA team and we didn't win gold everyone would be moaning about not taking Bron, CP3, Dwight etc. so why just keep the same players for the sake of chemistry, which will still be intact even if you add in the "team A" guys...

Thanks for sparing me the time to type it out. Dumb comment by JB.

JordansBulls
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM

We have already won Bronze medals with Lebron and Wade and Howard and Bosh, so obviously they don't get the job done when they are there. That is why this team is good, at least in FIBA they won. When Lebron and company were in FIBA they lost.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Avenged
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
wtf they win the world championship something that hasnt been done since the dream team did it and you just break apart the team for big names. This team is fine, their young athletic and they get the job done. In 2006 Worlds the team had Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dwight, Carmelo, Chris Paul and they didnt win. This team was filled with Humble B players who didnt decline an invitation to the 2010 Worlds because they wanted to play and represent their country even after a long NBA season. Keep the Same Team! I made a thread about this that got moved before. I still agree that Team Chemistry > individual talent.
Feel like making another one thread to see public opinion about this decision, but i dont want to sound repititous... anyone interested in a poll?

Might be the best way to go at it but then again, their frontcourt was merely weak. They're going to need a good 4 and 5 especially when other countries will be bringing their top teams.

And a star stacked team proved that they could win Gold.. If you have a chance to put together a dream team, you do it.

soundjunkies2
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
We have already won Bronze medals with Lebron and Wade and Howard and Bosh, so obviously they don't get the job done when they are there. That is why this team is good, at least in FIBA they won. When Lebron and company were in FIBA they lost.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

That was over 4 years ago though and if you factor in Derron Williams, Kobe and a more developed D. Howard and Chris Paul the team is so much better than the team that lost in 2006.

Khalifa21
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM

:laugh2:

Yeah, they don't get the job done... They didn't win gold in the much tougher 2008 Olympics... The more recent example of that team being together.

Sometimes I often think you come out with these outrageous comments just to promote discussion... Like, you can't seriously believe some of these things you say?

JordansBulls
09-12-2010, 07:11 PM
:laugh2:

Yeah, they don't get the job done... They didn't win gold in the much tougher 2008 Olympics... The more recent example of that team being together.

Sometimes I often think you come out with these outrageous comments just to promote discussion... Like, you can't seriously believe some of these things you say?

2004 Olympics and 2006 FIBA, Lebron, Wade, Melo were on the team and both times they got bronze. It wasn't until Deron, Kidd, and Kobe came that they got gold.

AussieLaker
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
So JB,

From your point of view is anyone getting replaced?

and if so with who?

Khalifa21
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
2004 Olympics and 2006 FIBA, Lebron, Wade, Melo were on the team and both times they got bronze. It wasn't until Deron, Kidd, and Kobe came that they got gold.

Please. You're comparing 2004/2006 LeBron, Wade, Melo to the 2008 guys that had developed so brilliantly and worked seamlessly together.

Don't make it seem as if the 2008 Olympics gold was all down to Deron, Kidd and Kobe. Wade was the best player in the 2008 Olympics, followed by Bron.

Using this whole argument is just ridiculous anyway, and kinda highlights your hatred towards LeBron. Not a very good argument to disguise it JB...

GSRaider
09-18-2010, 12:34 PM
This is what I would like to see

Deron Williams/Cp3
Steph Curry/Russ Westbrook/Joe Johnson
Durant/Brandon Roy
Kevin Love/David Lee
Dwight Howard/Brook Lopez/Joakim Noah

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Guards:
Rose Wade Curry Westbrook Billups

Forwards:
Lebron, Melo, Durant

Centers:
Howard, Bosh, Odom

Whoever else they can get after these guys is icing on the cake.

Kobe won't play, he's been saying that he needs rest more n more over the years because he claims he's old. Lopez and Paul should get in if they're healthy. Billups is arguable to get in, but you can't deny his championship experience and swag in the closing minutes.

Everything but Rose...no way Rose plays, his J is terrible, and CP3>Rose. Nice list.

Kjthunder
09-18-2010, 05:59 PM
This is what I would like to see

Deron Williams/Cp3
Steph Curry/Russ Westbrook/Joe Johnson
Durant/Brandon Roy
Kevin Love/David Lee
Dwight Howard/Brook Lopez/Joakim Noah

pretty sure Noah is french

TheTakeOver24
09-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I think this team is fine. would just add Bosh or Howard to the team that just won and they would be unstoppable.

D Roses Bulls
09-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Centers:Dwight,Bosh,Perry Jones
Forwards:LeBron,Durant,Harrison Barnes,Griffin
Guards:Paul,Wade,Williams,Wall,Kobe

wall over rose even though wall hasn't played one game? makes a lot of sense :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
09-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Everything but Rose...no way Rose plays, his J is terrible, and CP3>Rose. Nice list.

we all know miami fans hate rose since they dont have him

MiamiBoy77
09-18-2010, 06:23 PM

I think we are all ok with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh though...Thanks.

D Roses Bulls
09-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I think we are all ok with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh though...Thanks.

obviously not cause you guys still go after rose

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 06:54 PM

:facepalm:

Wade>Rose all day every day.

phlp_bj
09-18-2010, 07:01 PM
PG: Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Derrick Rose
SG: Dwayne Wade/Stephen Curry
SF: Kevin Durant/Carmelo Anthony
PF: LeBron James/Chris Bosh/Kevin Love
C: Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudemire

I think Kobe will bow out.

D Roses Bulls
09-18-2010, 07:10 PM
:facepalm:

Wade>Rose all day every day.

and this makes sense how? did I even mention wade?

this is for you right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmFQ9jdtVs

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 07:16 PM
and this makes sense how? did I even mention wade?

this is for you right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmFQ9jdtVs

It's logic...i'm just stating some facts.