PDA

View Full Version : Van Gundy Fires Back at Riley

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 08:13 PM
don't see it posted, if it has, take it down.

ORLANDO -- While the rivalry between the Orlando Magic and Miami Heat might lay dormant at times during the offseason, the venom between the two heated, hated sides clearly never bubbles too far below the surface.

And old rivals Otis Smith, Stan Van Gundy and Heat president Pat Riley have made sure that the vitriol between the two teams continues to flow all summer long.

Irked at some of the comments from Smith, Orlando’s President of Basketball Operations, and Van Gundy, the Magic’s head coach, following Miami’s free-agent signings of LeBron James and Chris Bosh in July, Riley went on the offensive on Friday. He was highly critical of Smith, Van Gundy and TNT analyst Charles Barkley for becoming the ``moral conscious or moral authority’’ of players in the NBA.

Van Gundy, who worked in Miami with Riley for 12 seasons from 1995-2006, fired back on Saturday at the many inconsistencies in Riley’s behavior and criticisms through the years.

``I thought it was pretty typical. I was kind of amused by it, especially reading down through the interview,’’ Van Gundy said. ``He goes into Charles Barkley, me and Otis and then says he doesn’t worry about what people say. Wait, you called the press conference, you went off and everybody and you don’t care what people say? Clearly, he cares a great deal about what people say. I was laughing when I saw that.’’

Van Gundy wasn’t laughing when he read that Riley ripped him and Smith for questioning why James and Bosh would rather team together with Dwyane Wade in Miami rather than trying to win a championship on their own. Riley said the comment was ``an absolutely stupid remark,’’ but several former great players such as Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Barkley reaffirmed that they would have never jumped ship on their teams simply as a way to chase a championship.

``Pat’s thing calling Otis’ remarks stupid, I don’t think they were any different than what several ex-players who played when Otis did had to say. They looked at the game differently back then and backed up what we said,’’ Van Gundy said. ``The position LeBron and Bosh took isn’t necessarily wrong, but it’s different from what (Michael) Jordan, Magic (Johnson) and Larry Bird would have done. Otis was a part of that generation – he wasn’t at that level – but that’s the way those players looked at (James and Bosh going to Miami). Those (former players) wouldn’t have tried to team up. So what Otis said wasn’t a stupid remark. Unless of course you have a different opinion than Pat, then apparently it’s stupid.’’

The part of Riley’s remarks that especially infuriated Van Gundy was when he accused the Magic’s coach of passing moral judgments on other players. Van Gundy admitted that he was ``out of line’’ for saying that Bosh was ``following Wade around like a lapdog’’ in early July. But he was bothered by Riley’s accusations because he saw firsthand how Riley personally attacked Van Gundy’s brother, former New York coach Jeff Van Gundy, during the 1990s and the Knicks-Heat playoffs series.

``Whether it’s appropriate to do it or not (to pass judgments) is another issue, but if it’s OK for Pat to do it he shouldn’t be judging other people,’’ Van Gundy said. ``Pat was upset that he and his guys have gotten some criticism and he’s sensitive and the funniest part of the whole thing is him saying he doesn’t worry about what people say. My question is then, `Why did you go and call your own press conference?’

``Pat getting onto people for making moral judgments made me laugh,’’ Van Gundy continued. ``I was with Pat when we had all of those Knicks series and he had no problem making moral judgments on my brother. What I read into that was that I guess Pat is the only one allowed to make those moral judgments and the rest of us can’t do that. I guess we didn’t realize that Pat’s the only allowed to do that.’’

Van Gundy said the attention the Heat, and James in particular, called to themselves during the free-agency courting period, opened them up to criticism. James was almost universally ripped in early July after setting up a nationally televised broadcast on ESPN to announce that he was ``taking his talents to South Beach.’’

Miami also caught flack for throwing what closely resembled a championship ceremony to introduce James, Wade and Bosh to the Heat fanbase. The addition of James, a two-time MVP, and Bosh, an all-star power forward, to Wade made the Heat a favorite to win the championship, but it also made them a target around the NBA, Van Gundy said.

``Competitive people, which definitely encompasses professional athletes, are always looking for challenges,’’ Van Gundy said. ``It’s not just Miami, though. The talent that Miami has assembled has heightened everybody’s sense of challenge. But it’s also Boston, Atlanta, Milwaukee and Chicago. But I’d say everybody around the league -- and in the East in particular -- has a heightened sense of the challenge and knows that they are going to have to rise to it if they want to achieve their goals. I think it’s been an extra sense of motivation for our guys, but it’s not just Miami. Boston handed it to us last year. We have to rise to that challenge and the other teams getting better. But guys like that, they want to play in those types of games and they want to be challenged. I’m sure with what Miami has done, it’s made our guys work a little harder.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_story_091110.html

godolphins
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Pat Riley will have the laugh last when his team win the championship

kjoke
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
van gundy is bacially saying

Riley=god (lowercase g)

Gators123
09-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Van Gundy would kick Riley's *** :laugh2:

godolphins
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Van Gundy is just piss that he'll never win a championship

Rivera
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

stan van genius is at it again :guns:

like i said in a thread b4.....the first magic vs heat game is going to be EPIC

TheTakeOver24
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Jealousy...
Its a beautiful thing isnt it?

BkOriginalOne
09-11-2010, 08:30 PM
It's going to be so funny when the Heat don't win a championship.
Heck, they won't win their first game.

lamar2006
09-11-2010, 08:31 PM

yeah, I hear you. You mean his true team the Los Angeles Lakers 3peat baby.

BALLER71
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

stan van genius is at it again :guns:

like i said in a thread b4.....the first magic vs heat game is going to be EPIC

Stan Van "Genius" couldn't win **** at Miami and that's when Pat "Genius" Riley came in and actually finished the job.

Wade>You
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
The Van Gundys should be praising Riley for their careers in the NBA, not arguing with him.

Some people are just ungrateful.

Riley shouldn't even had let him sign with the Magic, but that's what you get when you try to help people.

godolphins
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
yeah, I hear you. You mean his true team the Los Angeles Lakers 3peat baby.

Not if Wade, Lebron and Bosh are on the same team :D

BALLER71
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Heck, they won't win their first game.

Please, it's been one month. Get over it. Lebron James didn't sign with your team. We get it. You hate the Heat, doesn't mean you have to make irrational comments.

godolphins
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Stan Van "Genius" couldn't win **** at Miami and that's when Pat "Genius" Riley came in and actually finished the job.

Based on a true story :clap:

Avenged
09-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Seriously, the NBA seems to have turned into a soap opera. :pity:

smiddy012
09-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Van Gundy, MJ, Barkley... what a bunch of chumps. Riley will show them!

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Stan sure knows how to laugh to himself and get "amused"... I dont think he'll be the one laughing on October 29.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 08:57 PM
why did riley call a press conference to announce that stuff? I could see riley in a dark office for a month trying to come up with a come back, he must of thought it was so good he called a press conference. If this is any indication of how the heat will respond to the criticism this year well congrats lakers on a 3 peat

kjoke
09-11-2010, 08:57 PM

:nod:

The Flash
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Pat's like Godfather

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM

van gundy didnt win cause wade got hurt in the eastern conference finals :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Please, it's been one month. Get over it. Lebron James didn't sign with your team. We get it. You hate the Heat, doesn't mean you have to make irrational comments.

and its been a month since van gundy and barkley said that stuff, why doesnt riley get over it?

dnewguy
09-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, this guy had to go back to the old Knick days, you can tell he and Pat can't stand eachother.

kjoke
09-11-2010, 09:05 PM
van gundy didnt win cause wade got hurt in the eastern conference finals :facepalm:

never no this kinda of stuff, he would have choked sooner or later

godolphins
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
never no this kinda of stuff, he would have choked sooner or later

That's one disturbing sig, no wonder she got knock out by a dude

jetsfan28
09-11-2010, 09:11 PM

Couldn't win ****? He was 1 win away from making the finals before his best player got hurt. And I love that no Heat fans are addressing the actual quotes, and instead calling him jealous, when he is right on the money with everything he said.

never no this kinda of stuff...
OK, that makes sense. Definitely a reasonable, logical point, until

he would have choked sooner or later

I thought you just said you never know. Now you're saying he would have choked.

dtmagnet
09-11-2010, 09:19 PM

I agree, its not even about the games anymore and that really sucks IMO.

BULLSFAN0810
09-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Lets be real..... The athletes that play sports, any sport for the most part are competitive. With that said LBJ did what most athletes wouldve done.....If they were 29, in Philly...How dare Miami a becon for under-achieving say anything about sports other then "well see".....Im not trying to start any drama,but MIAMI as a sport town is as bad as it gets. I dont blame the fans, i blame the culture. You have Dwade and didnt show up to watch him,and in the same sentence say he is better than KOBE?!?!? WTF? Im from Chicago and people packed it in to see MJ on a bad team like there was a free money give away.Then all of a sudden you guys get 2 great players,and you act all pumped up like you guys know Jesus.Where was this enthusiam when you when had the Marlins killing? you "fans" wouldnt even go to the games. What about the Devil Rays? Heck, you guys didnt go see Dwade last 2 years in his PRIME. I can go on...but i now you guys get what im saying. So i feel what VG is saying, i understand what MJ and Barkley is saying...people say Barkley chased a ring...GUESS WHAT ?!?! He was damn near 30 and was in a place where they made it clear they wasn't trying to win, so yeah he shouldve left Philly. You cant compare LBJ OR BOSH TO BARKLEY..Toronto was trying to make a team AND THEY WON THE ATLANTIC 2 YEARS AGO...Clevland was trying to form a team around LBJ but a ball stopper with no jumpshot is a bad mix. So yeah, Miami i respect you for standing behind your team, but if you did it consistently youd get more respect.AND PAT RILEY WILL HAVE TO COACH THAT TEAM...PUT THAT TEAM UP AGAINST LAL,BOSTON,ORLANDO AND EVEN CHICAGO, I CAN SEE THE COACH MAKING A BIG DIFFRENCE....LAL HAD SHAQ AND KOBE TOGETHER AND DIDNT WIN UNTIL PHIL CAME ALONG....

Jonathan2323
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
We will see who has the last laugh. I hope the Magic keep talking.

kjoke
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Couldn't win ****? He was 1 win away from making the finals before his best player got hurt. And I love that no Heat fans are addressing the actual quotes, and instead calling him jealous, when he is right on the money with everything he said.

OK, that makes sense. Definitely a reasonable, logical point, until

I thought you just said you never know. Now you're saying he would have choked.

lol, i kind wrote that wrong

but agreed you never know that stuff

thescore53
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
burn !!! cant lie

BULLSFAN0810
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
we will see who has the last laugh. I hope the magic keep talking.

perfect reply...dont talk ish...because when miami fans talk mess i think about how bad of a sports town it is, and how ppl dont support it.i respect dude for his reply

Slimsim
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
It's been a while since i been excited for the season to start. I sleep early every night so Oct can come faster.

MagicBucsSox
09-11-2010, 09:34 PM

come on now , HOW QUICK PEOPLE FORGET SVG'S HEAT TEAM WAS INJURED VS THE PISTONS THAT GAME 7(and the series), IT IRKS THAT PPL FORGET THAT.

jackdawson
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Who are the van gundies anyway without Riley? He made their careers in nba.

Pat Riley = The ultimate "Gangster", the "Godfather" of nba.

justinnum1
09-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Lets be real..... The athletes that play sports, any sport for the most part are competitive. With that said LBJ did what most athletes wouldve done.....If they were 29, in Philly...How dare Miami a becon for under-achieving say anything about sports other then "well see".....Im not trying to start any drama,but MIAMI as a sport town is as bad as it gets. I dont blame the fans, i blame the culture. You have Dwade and didnt show up to watch him,and in the same sentence say he is better than KOBE?!?!? WTF? Im from Chicago and people packed it in to see MJ on a bad team like there was a free money give away.Then all of a sudden you guys get 2 great players,and you act all pumped up like you guys know Jesus.Where was this enthusiam when you when had the Marlins killing? you "fans" wouldnt even go to the games. What about the Devil Rays? Heck, you guys didnt go see Dwade last 2 years in his PRIME. I can go on...but i now you guys get what im saying. So i feel what VG is saying, i understand what MJ and Barkley is saying...people say Barkley chased a ring...GUESS WHAT ?!?! He was damn near 30 and was in a place where they made it clear they wasn't trying to win, so yeah he shouldve left Philly. You cant compare LBJ OR BOSH TO BARKLEY..Toronto was trying to make a team AND THEY WON THE ATLANTIC 2 YEARS AGO...Clevland was trying to form a team around LBJ but a ball stopper with no jumpshot is a bad mix. So yeah, Miami i respect you for standing behind your team, but if you did it consistently youd get more respect.AND PAT RILEY WILL HAVE TO COACH THAT TEAM...PUT THAT TEAM UP AGAINST LAL,BOSTON,ORLANDO AND EVEN CHICAGO, I CAN SEE THE COACH MAKING A BIG DIFFRENCE....LAL HAD SHAQ AND KOBE TOGETHER AND DIDNT WIN UNTIL PHIL CAME ALONG....

You expect someone to read that garbage? :laugh:
:facepalm:

beasted86
09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
SVG should be worried about losing his second head coaching job.

Assuming he can't get the Magic out of the 2nd round against Boston or Miami, he might be calling up ESPN to see if his brother can put in a good word for him, because he'll likely be fired. I hope ESPN doesn't mind his scratchy voice though... lmao.

jackdawson
09-11-2010, 09:55 PM
SVG should be worried about losing his second head coaching job.

Assuming he can't get the Magic out of the 2nd round against Boston or Miami, he might be calling up ESPN to see if his brother can put in a good word for him, because he'll likely be fired. I hope ESPN doesn't mind his scratchy voice though... lmao.

word. lmao!!!!

koLohe2133
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM

u mean stole the thunder right? ok good.

riley is a slimeball. cmon, he called the press conference to rip them then say he doesnt care what they think. if u dont care, u dont broadcast anything.

n van gundy is right when he says it heightens everyone's moves. lakers grabbed barnes, celtics grabbed shaq, etc.

KTheo77
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
You expect someone to read that garbage? :laugh:

Seriously dude...:facepalm:

koLohe2133
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
. If this is any indication of how the heat will respond to the criticism this year well congrats lakers on a 3 peat

THIS!

except it might be the celtics....n it wont be a 3 peat:D

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
u mean stole the thunder right? ok good.

riley is a slimeball. cmon, he called the press conference to rip them then say he doesnt care what they think. if u dont care, u dont broadcast anything.

n van gundy is right when he says it heightens everyone's moves. lakers grabbed barnes, celtics grabbed shaq, etc.

I think what Riley meant was that he HIMSELF doesn't care what any1 says but other people in the organization (fans,employees,players) do care and it bothers them, So he does it to DEFEND THE HEAT ORGANIZATION...
Get it?

Tmath
09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Meh if Miami wins a championship it's because they were supposed to, if they don't it will be the biggest disappointment in NBA history. The pressure is on and i will be rooting for them to fail.

koLohe2133
09-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I think what Riley meant was that he HIMSELF doesn't care what any1 says but other people in the organization (fans,employees,players) do care and it bothers them, So he does it to DEFEND THE HEAT ORGANIZATION...
Get it?

nobody is talking about the HEAT ORGANIZATION.

everyone is talking either the players who made the decision or riley, the man who made it happen.

mj didnt say anything about the hotdog lady, bird didnt say anything about the ticket window girl, otis didnt say anything about the cheerleaders, svg didnt say anything about the parking lot attendants.

wow.....

jackdawson
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
wow! Godfather has caused a lot of "Insomnias" ;)

Coheed
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
i truly enjoy how, for the most part, everyone makes a valid point... yet Heat fans respond wit comments that resemble that made by a ******!!!

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM

:clap: even though of course Miami fans wont agree, its the truth. I was born in south florida, my mom thank god brought me up here to chicago when i was 5. I spent every summer down in florida and even went to college. unless its college football, they dont support crap down there. they didnt even show up to marlins games till they made the world series. they didnt show up to miami heat games till they got shaq and once he left, the fans left. now they get lebron and all a sudden they were always fans. like dan lebatard said on his sports show after signing lebron "the 12 miami fans in the sports bars" its the truth. really the only town in florida that supports their professional team is orlando no matter if they suck or not. miami is bandwagon U.S.A. and even truest miami fans will tell you this. look at psd..... miami had what? no more then 10-12 people in their forum and now all a sudden they have 40-60 people in there on average.

kjoke
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
thing about miami is thats theres alot funner things to do then go to marlins game, anyways lets not forget the conditon Chicago was in before jordan...

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:24 PM
thing about miami is thats theres alot funner things to do then go to marlins game, anyways lets not forget the conditon Chicago was in before jordan...

26 years ago...... basketball wasn't popular in chicago even in the 70's when they had sloan, love, and such were good it just wasn't popular. it took off when jordan came, but when he left both times, the fans still stayed. look at 99-03........ when they averaged no more then 20-25 wins a year they still sold out. the cubs dont win, but they sell out, the bears dont win and they sell out. chicago is one of the greatest sports towns in the world.

Jonathan2323
09-11-2010, 10:25 PM
:clap: even though of course Miami fans wont agree, its the truth. I was born in south florida, my mom thank god brought me up here to chicago when i was 5. I spent every summer down in florida and even went to college. unless its college football, they dont support crap down there. they didnt even show up to marlins games till they made the world series. they didnt show up to miami heat games till they got shaq and once he left, the fans left. now they get lebron and all a sudden they were always fans. like dan lebatard said on his sports show after signing lebron "the 12 miami fans in the sports bars" its the truth. really the only town in florida that supports their professional team is orlando no matter if they suck or not. miami is bandwagon U.S.A. and even truest miami fans will tell you this. look at psd..... miami had what? no more then 10-12 people in their forum and now all a sudden they have 40-60 people in there on average.

When sports teams win down here, people will show up. If you suck there are much better things to do then waste your money to see a bad team. I like how people knock our fan base go ahead because every HEAT game will be sold out for at least the next 4 years. Oh and i don't care if Bulls fans are loyal or not we have a much better team and that's more important.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM
When sports teams win down here, people will show up. If you suck there are much better things to do then waste your money to see a bad team. I like how people knock our fan base go ahead because every HEAT game will be sold out for at least the next 4 years.

and theres a lot of things to do in chicago, new york, L.A. when they did suck and such but the fans still show up.

Jenceman
09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Nothing he said was off base, he's actually right, and I hardly think SVG is right.

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Meh if Miami wins a championship it's because they were supposed to, if they don't it will be the biggest disappointment in NBA history. The pressure is on and i will be rooting for them to fail.

Well, while your at it, you can root for the Raptors to surpass the 18 win mark and to hopefully be the 13th seed in the east. Nah but that a hell of a longshot for that team anyways and I don't want to get you all excited... forget I ever said anything.... :rolleyes:

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM

nobody is talking about the HEAT ORGANIZATION.

everyone is talking either the players who made the decision or riley, the man who made it happen.

mj didnt say anything about the hotdog lady, bird didnt say anything about the ticket window girl, otis didnt say anything about the cheerleaders, svg didnt say anything about the parking lot attendants.

wow.....

Yea but when people talk **** about your players it affects the whole organization and bothers them. Just like if I talk **** about kobe , Jerry Buss can say I dont give a **** about what people say but it does hurt Kobe and the Lakers fans so imma defend my franchise.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Why are haters always so concerned with what goes on in Miami?
I guess it's because we are always doing big things 'round here. :cool:

If you lived here for any amount of time, anyone would understand why sports are the way they are here. Check out the demographics of Miami compared to basically any other top 10 population city, and that alone will give you most of the answer.

Coheed
09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Why are haters always so concerned with what goes on in Miami?
I guess it's because we are always doing big things 'round here. :cool:

If you lived here for any amount of time, anyone would understand why sports are the way they are here. Check out the demographics of Miami compared to basically any other top 10 population city, and that alone will give you most of the answer.

wat the heck u talkin bout?.... the only team sport miami supports is football... ill give yall that... but the Marlins & the Heat??? cmon now... yall give definition to the word fair-weather!

godolphins
09-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Stan Van Gundy is just jelaous that he will never ne as great as Pat Riley.

thescore53
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM
and theres a lot of things to do in chicago, new york, L.A. when they did suck and such but the fans still show up.

ye but chi and new york are cold cities. in miami people can have fun for free. it has a real relaxed mood there..

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 10:47 PM

I agree with you that many of the Heat fans are bandwagoners but there is nothing us true fans can do about it. I'm 18 years old and I've been a Heat fan for almost 7 years now, before we even had Wade. I stuck with my team no matter what for a long time and finally after 4 years of disappointments I have something to really be happy about. I had to wake up at 3 am on school nights in order to watch Heat games for the past 3 years since I live in Israel. Believe me, only hardcore fans get up at 3 am and then go to school after just 3 or 4 hours of sleep. I can tell you one thing though - when you guys had Jordan, many of you current Bulls fans were the ones jumping the bandwagon back then. It was obvious from the begining of the whole FA summer that the team that gets LeBron will probably double their fanbase due to all the bandwagoners.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
wat the heck u talkin bout?.... the only team sport miami supports is football... ill give yall that... but the Marlins & the Heat??? cmon now... yall give definition to the word fair-weather!

It also just so happens the Dolphins, Hurricanes, and Gators have been around oh, what, 45, 85, and 105 years respectively? I wonder if that has anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

And like I said, if you knew anything about the demographic in Miami or lived here, you'd understand, but I'm not going to bother to try explaining because people never understand.

BALLER71
09-11-2010, 10:54 PM

I agree with you except with a couple of things. The Heat forum has always had a **** load of fans and Orlando fans are bandwagoners as well. And no one supports college teams here either. When the Canes suck no one shows up.

Everyone supports the Phins tho.

Kobe4Life
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe they should change their team name to the "Miami Egos" cause thats all they have there.

BALLER71
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM

Hmmmm... would I rather go to Heat game with players like Kasib Powell and Luke Jackson or spend my money in Ocean Drive... hmm. Tough decision eh?

Coheed
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
It also just so happens the Dolphins, Hurricanes, and Gators have been around oh, what, 45, 85, and 105 years respectively? I wonder if that has anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

And like I said, if you knew anything about the demographic in Miami or lived here, you'd understand, but I'm not going to bother to try explaining because people never understand.

funny how u assume i dont live down here...

thescore53
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
i think it beacause football fans love the game more. nba fans are all homers. u can have a football fan excited about anygame

kswissdaf
09-11-2010, 10:59 PM
What i dont understand is i thought van gundy said we had the most talented team

showtym24
09-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Surely your talking about the eastern conference championship.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
funny how u assume i dont live down here...

How long have you lived in Miami?

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm... would I rather go to Heat game with players like Kasib Powell and Luke Jackson or spend my money in Ocean Drive... hmm. Tough decision eh?

LOL don't forget about Earl Barron,Marc Blount,Rickey Davis and Chris Quinn...

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Surely your talking about the eastern conference championship.

Nah he's talking about sweeping you in the Finals.

thescore53
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
How long have you lived in Miami?

he doesnt live here he just finds it funny u assume he doesnt :p

Lakersho
09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
26 years ago...... basketball wasn't popular in chicago even in the 70's when they had sloan, love, and such were good it just wasn't popular. it took off when jordan came, but when he left both times, the fans still stayed. look at 99-03........ when they averaged no more then 20-25 wins a year they still sold out. the cubs dont win, but they sell out, the bears dont win and they sell out. chicago is one of the greatest sports towns in the world.

...Your right on this one, once Chicago got basketball fever they are die hard fans , Miami is and Did evrything you said , They still had D.Wade and wouldn't show up to watch a top tier player. When we sucked, after Shaq got traded we still sold out and L.A. has all sorts of crazy cool stuff to get into , so the we had better things , Ya like band wagon the beach pervs. or Trying to be "tony Montana" wanna bee's. Or the Hey let's do the clubs again Crew. Real fans go to the games reguardless...

When sports teams win down here, people will show up. If you suck there are much better things to do then waste your money to see a bad team. I like how people knock our fan base go ahead because every HEAT game will be sold out for at least the next 4 years. Oh and i don't care if Bulls fans are loyal or not we have a much better team and that's more important.

Out of your own mouth you just said your fans are bandwagon, How funny...
What because its cool again ? Now you'll go beause it's the in thing? dude stop your burying yourself...

Your right , Both our fan bases are always there , New Heat fans will be up in arms , But your right...

faridk89
09-11-2010, 11:43 PM

+1 kind of makes me sick

BALLER71
09-11-2010, 11:56 PM
...Your right on this one, once Chicago got basketball fever they are die hard fans , Miami is and Did evrything you said , They still had D.Wade and wouldn't show up to watch a top tier player. When we sucked, after Shaq got traded we still sold out and L.A. has all sorts of crazy cool stuff to get into , so the we had better things , Ya like band wagon the beach pervs. or Trying to be "tony Montana" wanna bee's. Or the Hey let's do the clubs again Crew. Real fans go to the games reguardless...

Out of your own mouth you just said your fans are bandwagon, How funny...
What because its cool again ? Now you'll go beause it's the in thing? dude stop your burying yourself...

Your right , Both our fan bases are always there , New Heat fans will be up in arms , But your right...

Nope. It's because we're unbiased and we can actually admit our faults unlike you Lakers fans that can't even admit that Lebron is better than Kobe. C'mon son.

I don't blame people for not going to games, there's better **** to do than watch a basketball game with Luke Jackson, Kasib Powelll, Chris Quinn.

And I must ask, are you drunk because your first paragraph made 0 sense. Sounds like drunk rambling to me.

D Roses Bulls
09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
ye but chi and new york are cold cities. in miami people can have fun for free. it has a real relaxed mood there..

oh trust me theres a lot to do in chicago and new york that doesnt cost money in the winter. Ive had the opportunity to move back to florida so many times, but I love it here.

Cano4prez
09-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Riley>SVG really

tugboat424
09-12-2010, 03:19 AM

yea dude totally he'll prolly laught his **** right off man.

DeZonia
09-12-2010, 03:41 AM

LOL you proved all these posters points when you posted this. You Miami fans are bandwagons, you don't care until you team is filled with superstars. You act like your team sucked, it may not of been as good as it is now BUT you had Wade. That seems like a good enough reason to go to me....

XJW18
09-12-2010, 03:44 AM

lol
But Heat fans can say what they want?

BULLSFAN0810
09-12-2010, 03:45 AM

We where still in EXPANSION MODE b4 MJ...but even after he left we still packed it in..we sold out damn near every night

Shark
09-12-2010, 03:46 AM
So when will this be closed? Its just gonna keep turning into more flaming.

It's the typical, Heat fans come in to defend their team. Everyone else is ripping into the Heat.

Anyways Sig Bet, Heat wont win their first game.

DeZonia
09-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Nope. It's because we're unbiased and we can actually admit our faults unlike you Lakers fans that can't even admit that Lebron is better than Kobe. C'mon son.

I don't blame people for not going to games, there's better **** to do than watch a basketball game with Luke Jackson, Kasib Powelll, Chris Quinn.

And I must ask, are you drunk because your first paragraph made 0 sense. Sounds like drunk rambling to me.

So you heat fans know NBA so well right to be able to make an assumption that Lebron is better then Kobe. You didn't even watch your own team play when it has had one of the best players in the league for YEARS, but you are an expert on Lebron all the sudden.... Seems funny you don't watch Heat games BUT you watch Kobe and Lebron play?

Or do you make this assumption because now Lebron is on your team and you want to believe what all Heat fans say?

DeZonia
09-12-2010, 03:50 AM
So when will this be closed? Its just gonna keep turning into more flaming.

It's the typical, Heat fans come in to defend their team. Everyone else is ripping into the Heat.

Anyways Sig Bet, Heat wont win their first game.

Can you imagine the Forum if the Heat lose their first game, it would be really funny.

BULLSFAN0810
09-12-2010, 03:54 AM
I respect "DIE HARD FANS" I hate ppl going to go see the Cubs lose...BUT...if we had a MARQUEE PLAYER i could understand some what. MIAMI has DWADE and they dont go see him...IN THE WORDS OF NFL LIVE ANALYSTS "CMON MAN".

The Marlins would be in the WORLD SERIES and you MIAMIANS wouldnt go see them...Miami is usch a bad sports town after winning in the world series they had to break up the team that they won with. WHy? Because the fan base is weak.This happened more than once to the Marlins..Miami is a wanna be LA. and even in LA Jack still shows up for the games

Antipod
09-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Orlando - Miami ECF. Bring it :D

IHeartNY
09-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't know about the others here, but ... I'm at point were every thread in the NBA-Forum, that contains the HEAT somehow makes me: YAWN.

Mostly everything is so "drama". Why can't we just wait and let the ball do the talking ... ?

millerandco
09-12-2010, 06:25 AM
i love Van Gundy...says it how it is

Celtic AL
09-12-2010, 06:48 AM
so many trash talking this offseason!

Celtic AL
09-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Phill Jackson & red auerbach > Pat Riley & "the master of Panic" Stan Van Gundy

eugene
09-12-2010, 07:46 AM
media wrote enough ******** about this Miami trigger, why Van Gundy talking the same? only to bite Pat...

JasonJohnHorn
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I love it! I got a lot of respect for JVG and SVG, and though I have lost a little respect for Riley since he left NY, I still have to admit he is one of the most brilliant minds in basketball.

As for the tension, and animosity displayed on both sides, what is says to me is that there are going to be some big egos clashing, and there wont be and hand shakes and smile like when Barkley and Jordan played each other. There will be a real rivalry like the old school Bad Boys and the Bulls, or the Lakers and the Celtics before Bird and Magic became friends.

I'm looking forward to these teams playing this year! They are both great teams who both have some brilliant basketball minds at the helm, though I'd rather see Riley on the sidelines.

lavilevi23
09-12-2010, 09:02 AM

WTF does that have to do with anythig???:confused:

lavilevi23
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
I love it! I got a lot of respect for JVG and SVG, and though I have lost a little respect for Riley since he left NY, I still have to admit he is one of the most brilliant minds in basketball.

As for the tension, and animosity displayed on both sides, what is says to me is that there are going to be some big egos clashing, and there wont be and hand shakes and smile like when Barkley and Jordan played each other. There will be a real rivalry like the old school Bad Boys and the Bulls, or the Lakers and the Celtics before Bird and Magic became friends.

I'm looking forward to these teams playing this year! They are both great teams who both have some brilliant basketball minds at the helm, though I'd rather see Riley on the sidelines.

Lets hope. I love rivalries

DeyAce
09-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Riley is a piece of **** and should be exposed

king4day
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Good for him to stand up for himself.

IHeartNY
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Good for him to stand up for himself.

Awesome Sig-Picture. If there is any possibility that you or the creator is up to a request, I would be very happy if you PN me ... thanks. (Don't wanna copy yours for sure ...)

justinnum1
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Riley is a piece of **** and should be exposed

Why? For landing the 3 biggest free agents? In that case ok, :rolleyes:

Afro
09-12-2010, 11:42 AM

So, it's OK when Heat fans act like they've already won multiple championships, guaranteeing a dynasty, but when someone says the Heat won't win a championship it's irrational? This is why the majority of basketball fans can't stand you guys.

I honestly would love it if the Heat don't win a championship this season. No, not because Lebron didn't sign with my team (I wish he did but I'm not bitter about it like all you Heat fans seem to think), but so I can have the satisfaction of seeing all you **** talkers eat a big bowl of crow.

RaysFan
09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Pat Riley is the single most overrated person in the NBA right now. He is a glorified real-estate agent. He tanked for multiple years because he knew he had South Beach to sell to 2 stars that were coming from cold states (LeBron and Bosh). Pat Riley would never be able to do what he did had he worked for Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Sacramento, Utah, Denver, New Jersey, etc. I think 75% of the credit has to go to the city of Miami and South Beach. 15% of it has to go to LeBron being a submissive player by nature that is afraid of failure to the extent that he would become a Robin to a different Batman. 5% goes to Wade for recruiting and 5% goes to Riley for recruiting.

BALLER71
09-12-2010, 12:25 PM
So you heat fans know NBA so well right to be able to make an assumption that Lebron is better then Kobe. You didn't even watch your own team play when it has had one of the best players in the league for YEARS, but you are an expert on Lebron all the sudden.... Seems funny you don't watch Heat games BUT you watch Kobe and Lebron play?

Or do you make this assumption because now Lebron is on your team and you want to believe what all Heat fans say?

Statistics exist.

Do I have to watch Nenad Kristic play to know he sucks? Absolutely not.

beasted86
09-12-2010, 12:26 PM

It's pretty insulting to pair Pat Riley who has 7 rings with SVG who has NONE.

dbeastly
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
oh trust me theres a lot to do in chicago and new york that doesnt cost money in the winter. Ive had the opportunity to move back to florida so many times, but I love it here.

Really....shut up. You're a Bulls fan with no relevance to the situation yet you are so eager to hate on the Heat. You obviously conceal the real hate you have for Miami with all this "Pat Riley is a bad person nonsense". The real reason you hate Miami is because he who must not be named didn't join your team. This has nothing to do with demographics of cities. The Heat have only been around for like 20 years so don't expect them to have the most fans.

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
all these bashing and hate wont stop either when the heat had their first loss or wont win the championship. lets wait for the season starts and see what will happen.

beasted86
09-12-2010, 12:52 PM

I don't believe you've ever lived in Miami, so you can save your story for someone else.

BTW, Florida & Miami are two very separate things.

Avenged
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
What's up with Bulls and Heat fans? All of a sudden you guys have a thing for each other.. :confused:

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM

:laugh: dude u made me rofl. no big deal here. it's just like a cool punchline to stop the flames in this forum.

BALLER71
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
What's up with Bulls and Heat fans? All of a sudden you guys have a thing for each other.. :confused:

We hate each other for about two years because they have always believed Wade would be a Bull and because we swept them last year with an amazing game winner.

Also the whole Beasley vs Rose thing lol.

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 01:05 PM

yeah they quickly started a :catfight: ima heat fan also but i rather choose not to argue with other fans. their arguments just made me laugh coz it never stop.

Wade>You
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
sorry bout that , woke up hung over and with a girl that look like pam anderson last nite but ugly betty this morninglol late night drunken rants... we've all been there. :p

netsgiantsyanks
09-12-2010, 01:07 PM
i cant wait until the ****ing season starts, this is too much :pity:

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 01:08 PM
We hate each other for about two years because they have always believed Wade would be a Bull and because we swept them last year with an amazing game winner.

Also the whole Beasley vs Rose thing lol.

so that's the legit origin why some co-heat fans are having an epic :catfight: with bulls fans? never knew that

netsgiantsyanks
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
lol, late night drunken rants, lol, pam anderson, lol, ugly betty, lol, this whole thread

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
i cant wait until the ****ing season starts, this is too much :pity:

indeed

Wade>You
09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
The Heat-Bulls rivalry started when Andres Nocioni took a cheap shot at Wade in 2004-2005 because the Bulls were tired of losing to the Heat and Nocioni felt he had to take a stand in a regular season game by shoving Wade to the ground.

I also think the Bulls were upset they weren't able to draft Wade in 2003.

The rest is history.

Jemikz9Clutch
09-12-2010, 01:32 PM
The Heat-Bulls rivalry started when Andres Nocioni took a cheap shot at Wade in 2004-2005 because the Bulls were tired of losing to the Heat and Nocioni felt he had to take a stand in a regular season game by shoving Wade to the ground.

I also think the Bulls were upset they weren't able to draft Wade in 2003.

The rest is history.

that's... epic lol

NYC DRUMMER
09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:Omfg who deleted my post , i wasn't baiting just stating facts officer...................

KnickNyKnick
09-12-2010, 01:59 PM

tell me about it LoL!

DeZonia
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
You Miami Heat fans that believe you will destroy the Bulls are crazy. They have a very legit team, and have the spots filled that you don't. They have a more complete team then you do, sure you look good on paper when those players are the stars of their team... BUT put them together and NO one knows what the outcome will be, and it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Meaze_Gibson
09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Wade's not a spot up shooter but is one of top 3 guards in post..I think people forget that..plus bron dominating ball when wade n bosh is on bench is better than any other bench option in nba..but yeah svg gettin heated. He even brought jeff into it lol..i respect the van gundys and pat riley..plus a lil trash talk is good for the league

Storch
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
This is good because the NBA needs more rivalries. Its definitely healthy.

DeZonia
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Wade's not a spot up shooter but is one of top 3 guards in post..I think people forget that..plus bron dominating ball when wade n bosh is on bench is better than any other bench option in nba..but yeah svg gettin heated. He even brought jeff into it lol..i respect the van gundys and pat riley..plus a lil trash talk is good for the league

Lebrons play worked very well when he had pure shooters all around him, it will be interesting to see how he does when all he has for pure shooters is Mike Miller, and I guess Eddie House...

Meaze_Gibson
09-12-2010, 06:43 PM
But he should be used to that though..Remember the years of eric snow, larry hughes/ronald murray in the backcourt. Wade and chalmers are better shooters than. He ain't had Mo and delonte all his life

daleja424
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM
This has gotten off topic and once again has become a bait fest... closed.