PDA

View Full Version : Turkey - Serbia

T-Wolf
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Did anyone watch this ROBBERY??? It was obvious that Turkey had to play in finals. So much wrong decisions by refs in turkey favor, especially in 4th quarter! Everybody knows that we are better team and that we should play against USA. Hope US destroy turkey!!!
What a shame!!!

The_Pharouh
09-11-2010, 06:16 PM
As you said:It was a robbery
actually I was rooting for Turkey but after what the referee has done I changed to A fan of the Serbian team
that said Serbia defense on the last play was awful,Teodosic is great but why keep shooting meaningless 3PT specially when it didn't go in at the fourth?

NYKalltheway
09-11-2010, 06:16 PM
now you know how we felt in 2007 :D

The_Pharouh
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
now you know how we felt in 2007 :D
what happened in 2007?:confused:
I've only watched the final

T-Wolf
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
As you said:It was a robbery
actually I was rooting for Turkey but after what the referee has done I changed to A fan of the Serbian team
that said Serbia defense on the last play was awful,Teodosic is great but why keep shooting meaningless 3PT specially when it didn't go in at the fourth?

Teodosic has freedom to shoot 3 pointers and he deserves that because he scored so many of them. Defense was terrible on that last play and Keselj should have fouled Tunceri. But basketball is the game 5 on 5, not 8 on 5. That was the key for this game. I will, in most cases, say that it your fault if you loose even when refs damage you. But this is one of the games where refs directly decided "winner"...
And when Asik fall down and simulated injury because he doesn't know to shoot FT so other player shoot instead of him. Asik wasn't injured when they celebrated. What a joke...

T-Wolf
09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
what happened in 2007?:confused:
I've only watched the final

Greece was heavily damaged against Spain (host of the tournament) in semifinals, but Serbia was also damaged in that Eurobasket and it was against Greece in group stage. There is famous Darko Milicic interview after that game when he ripped refs. Our team generally sucked, but Milicic destroyed Papadopoulos who was probably best center in Europe in that time while Milicic was NBA bust. But how Milicic destroyed him, refs destroyed us so they won. We lost our other two games and finished last. Of course, Spain won it...

spree
09-11-2010, 08:08 PM
omg stop crying man turks won fair and square. and about asik's ''role playing'', it was cheap I'll give you that but still, nothing against the rules.

The_Pharouh
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Greece was heavily damaged against Spain (host of the tournament) in semifinals, but Serbia was also damaged in that Eurobasket and it was against Greece in group stage. There is famous Darko Milicic interview after that game when he ripped refs. Our team generally sucked, but Milicic destroyed Papadopoulos who was probably best center in Europe in that time while Milicic was NBA bust. But how Milicic destroyed him, refs destroyed us so they won. We lost our other two games and finished last. Of course, Spain won it...

I've watched on youtube the Milicic interview,It was epic :D
and btw Spain lost the final to Russia

kjoke
09-11-2010, 09:26 PM
whad u expect serbia to actually win????
the usa is proabably gonna lose tommorow also(although i hope they win)

NYKalltheway
09-11-2010, 09:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKWh0DkCz8

btw if Lazaros Papadopoulos was the best center in Europe then we have had a huge problem :D :D
He's been quite effective but was very one-dimensional. You always knew he'd use the same footwork in his post moves and either pivot or go for the hook shot.. only advantage he had was he could easily use both hands. :)

as for the 2007 Greece-Serbia game, I don't really remember what Milicic's problem was other than when Greece was leading 65-64 and Lazaros did an offensive foul on him(not sure if it was him though) and passed outside to Ntikoudis who scored a three with just 40 seconds left in overtime. I think that was actually the only incident that really pissed them off as they could have won if the refs gave an offensive foul.
I'd really appreciate if there's any footage of why Serbia was pissed at the refs as I don't really remember the game (when you win you rarely care about how the opponent feels unless it's an arch rival :D )

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 04:47 AM
omg stop crying man turks won fair and square. and about asik's ''role playing'', it was cheap I'll give you that but still, nothing against the rules.

You probably watched some other game.
16 seconds - Erden dunks and refs award foul to Krstic who barely touched him. Very next play, 4 seconds to go, Velickovic scores with obvious foul on him, but there was no whistle. Instead of probable 82:80, it's 81:80 for Serbia. Why? Because turkey has to play in finals. 0,5 seconds before the end, Velickovic tries alley-oop and Erden blocks the shoot, but with block, also make foul. I understand that there is 0,1% to get that last call, but what about others?
Anyway, even if we went to overtime somehow, refs would find the way to send turkey in the finals...

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 04:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKWh0DkCz8

btw if Lazaros Papadopoulos was the best center in Europe then we have had a huge problem :D :D
He's been quite effective but was very one-dimensional. You always knew he'd use the same footwork in his post moves and either pivot or go for the hook shot.. only advantage he had was he could easily use both hands. :)

as for the 2007 Greece-Serbia game, I don't really remember what Milicic's problem was other than when Greece was leading 65-64 and Lazaros did an offensive foul on him(not sure if it was him though) and passed outside to Ntikoudis who scored a three with just 40 seconds left in overtime. I think that was actually the only incident that really pissed them off as they could have won if the refs gave an offensive foul.
I'd really appreciate if there's any footage of why Serbia was pissed at the refs as I don't really remember the game (when you win you rarely care about how the opponent feels unless it's an arch rival :D )

Amen to that!:)
I can't find any video of that game except Milicic's interview after the game. I also forgot about exactly why we were pissed, but I know that I was really pissed after the game...

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 05:01 AM

My mistake there. I remember watching game in some hotel in Macedonia. I was alone in hotel lobby with some older Macedonians who were rooting for Spain. I was the only one who rooted for Russia and I was really happy after they won.:)

Knick Killer
09-12-2010, 05:59 AM
16 seconds - Erden dunks and refs award foul to Krstic who barely touched
And he missed the free throw, didn't he? Serbia didn't lose the game because of that position or another. It's not refs send Turkey to the finals. Turkey is better.

And after all, Serbia 82 - Turkey 81 in last 4 seconds. If Serbia could defend Tunšeri, it's over for Turkey. But they couldn't stop him. And about the last second, if you really believe:

Velickovic tries alley-oop and Erden blocks the shoot, but with block, also make foul.
Watch it again. That's a great, clean block.

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 08:02 AM
And he missed the free throw, didn't he? Serbia didn't lose the game because of that position or another. It's not refs send Turkey to the finals. Turkey is better.

And after all, Serbia 82 - Turkey 81 in last 4 seconds. If Serbia could defend Tunšeri, it's over for Turkey. But they couldn't stop him. And about the last second, if you really believe:

Watch it again. That's a great, clean block.

C'mon try to be objective and real. Look what other people say. We played bad defense on last play I agree with that, but it wouldn't come to that if refs were objective. We would easily won. 8:30 left in 4th quarter they whistled 5 fouls for us so turkey can shoot free-trows after every foul!!!
As you can see above, The_Pharouh rooted for turkey and says that Serbia was damaged! That tells you something.
About that last shot by Velickovic, I said it shouldn't be whistled as foul in that moment, but what about other situations which I mention!? You don't have response for that. It doesn't matter that much if Erden missed or score, it matter it was fifth foul for Krstic and game could easily went to OT.
Nobody can convince me that they are better then us!

NYKalltheway
09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
btw, heard a take that after last shot of Velickovic, if a Turkish player touches the ball (had it had a direction to the basket, which it did) the basket should have counted as goaltending.

There's a rule that on "dead time" nobody can touch the ball.

So we have 0.5 left for Serbia, a single touch by Velickovic and ball moves 5cm forward, that's time. So the Turkish player blocking the ball = goaltending.

Not 100% if it's true, just heard that.

Similar thing happened to Barcelona-Partizan where everyone was calling for refs heads! (it was on the rim at the time which was allowed, or something like that, not sure)

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
btw, heard a take that after last shot of Velickovic, if a Turkish player touches the ball (had it had a direction to the basket, which it did) the basket should have counted as goaltending.

There's a rule that on "dead time" nobody can touch the ball.

So we have 0.5 left for Serbia, a single touch by Velickovic and ball moves 5cm forward, that's time. So the Turkish player blocking the ball = goaltending.

Not 100% if it's true, just heard that.

Similar thing happened to Barcelona-Partizan where everyone was calling for refs heads! (it was on the rim at the time which was allowed, or something like that, not sure)
That play was controversial, but I don't know about that rule.
As for Velickovic shoot I don't think it was goaltending, but refs in general were awful. They don't respect us because we're the youngest team (under 24 years). And I don't understand FIBA decision to give semifinal to the referee from Dominican Republic!? That's the same thing when FIFA bring referee from Mauritius to officiate world cup in soccer. I can't remember what the game was, but officiating was catastrophic! There is no sense to bring referees from countries which don't even have professional league to officiate such big games... or there is sense if you want particular team to win...

Hellcrooner
09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Come on, Didnt i tell you so T Wolf?

Btw , we didnt rob jack in 2007 e woen fair and square our gaes nd LOST the final vs Russia, if it was rigged we would have won ( pau had the las hshot and there was contact, if we were to rig it a FOUL with the free trows woudl ahve been called)

Anyway, You should be happy to have gotten that far wiht a young team, and win the broze, your team will be scary soon.
Obviously the whole chamionship has been a disgrace with bracketing manipulation to ENSuRe the Turkish vs USA finals.

IMO it does not make ANY sense that only ONE of the top 5 teams in th world makes it to the semis.

I just hope, the tuirks get greedy and bribe the ref today too so a BIG scandal happens and usa team imitates teh 1972 team and refuses to take the silver, so the turkis gold gets taitned forever.

kjoke
09-12-2010, 11:12 AM
ehhh, the games were rigged from the begginging, turkey usa final was set up from the beggining, suxs for the teams that faced them

LBJ06
09-12-2010, 11:21 AM
It was a great game but the ref's ruined it! OMER ASIK acted hurt so a better shooter will shoot his free throws. He isn't really hurt because he celebrated with his teammates after the game.

T-Wolf
09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Come on, Didnt i tell you so T Wolf?

Btw , we didnt rob jack in 2007 e woen fair and square our gaes nd LOST the final vs Russia, if it was rigged we would have won ( pau had the las hshot and there was contact, if we were to rig it a FOUL with the free trows woudl ahve been called)

Anyway, You should be happy to have gotten that far wiht a young team, and win the broze, your team will be scary soon.
Obviously the whole chamionship has been a disgrace with bracketing manipulation to ENSuRe the Turkish vs USA finals.

IMO it does not make ANY sense that only ONE of the top 5 teams in th world makes it to the semis.

I just hope, the tuirks get greedy and bribe the ref today too so a BIG scandal happens and usa team imitates teh 1972 team and refuses to take the silver, so the turkis gold gets taitned forever.

That should be correct, but it will probably not happen. Our basketball association is falling apart, they have no money. Ivkovic probably will not be our coach after the tournament. And there is some chemistry issues between some players. There were even fight and swearwords in lockerroom between Teodosic and Bjelica in game against Croatia. They reconciled after in halftime and now everything is ok. But in general, things are not so great how it looks...
Right now, we are losing to Lithuania and we're playing terrible. If we can somehow pull medal here, it would great success...

T-Wolf
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I just found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7y9SNNeeZU&feature=player_embedded) which is another exhibit that Serbia was heavily damaged. It shows that Tunceri stepped off the court before he scored last points in the game!!! Add that to other decisions in turkey favor and we can conclude that turkey was picked to play in the finals from the start...

NYKalltheway
09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
I was just about to post it!!!! :D

Heard from some people that it's fake, but seems pretty real to me

T-Wolf
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I was just about to post it!!!! :D

Heard from some people that it's fake, but seems pretty real to me

It looks real to me, but who knows? Nobody from Serbia complained about it. Maybe because nobody saw it or maybe it's fake...

Milos--CCCC
09-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Ma daj pusti ti ovo sranje, ovi ameri nemaju pojma ocemo se ovde prica