PDA

View Full Version : NBA #2 game of the year Cle vs. DEN NBA TV

BULLSFAN0810
09-11-2010, 05:02 PM
OK, i know people will get mad at me for saying this but this is truely how i feel about the LBJ MELO DEBATE.

As i was watching this game on NBA TV i watched the match up between LBJ and MELO,and i clearly seen who was the better ball player and IMO it is and was Melo.
From the start of the game Melo went at LBJ and scored on him every time LBJ seemed to defer to the fact of him being a better scorer,but at the same time i seen Melo not guard LBJ for the first few possesions. This statement seems like nothing but what i noticed was Melo was just as good even if not better than Lbj.Melo has an arsenal of moves and must be guarded from the 3 point circle in, whereas LBJ is limited free throw line in. LbJ's strenght is pick and roll and being a stat stuffer, and Melo's power is his pure basketball skills. Melo also is a better post player where LBJ rarely if ever posts, so in this area where most elite player must be above average Melo is head and shoulders better. I noticed LbJ really couldnt take Melo and the reason why Clev came back was in fact due to his team actually playing well. Clevland as a whole out ran Denver and Hickson (who shouldve started) was key.
Now i know people will call me a crazed lunatic, but i judge players on these
factors.

Greed: how bad do you want it. Are you willing to carry a team.I.e At one point IMO Rasheed Wallace was better than Duncan, but Wallace didnt want to carry a team.

Clutch:Some peolpe rate hitting free throws as clutch i kinda do and dont. IMo an elite player should be butter from the line but it isnt written in stone. Clutch to me is taking the last shot,and being a threat to hit it. Getting a steal etc which is like intangibles.

TRIPLE THREAT:Can you post,shoot the mid, pass, and pop the trey ball. Kobe is the king of this.

Intangibles: Will you play D, will you stick your nose in and get the ball. Which includes reb.

If you look at this as a key to score "ELITENESS" Melo totally outshines LBJ in most of the categories except Intangibles.

Now if you watch the game youll notice Melo's pure basketball game compared to LBJ's skills are totally superior. And head to head vs LBJ Melo is 10-4.

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Melo had a fantastic game that night.

Khalifa21
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Thank god not many other people think like you...

beasted86
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I hate to stereotype, but most posters who make threads like this are just plain young and have no idea what they are talking about most of the time.

Guaranteed the OP was born in the 90s and just started watching basketball.

BULLSFAN0810
09-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I hate to stereotype, but most posters who make threads like this are just plain young and have no idea what they are talking about most of the time.

Guaranteed the OP was born in the 90s and just started watching basketball.

No...im 32. i stay in Chicago....and i have watched ball since i was 7. I was 13 playing with Micheal Finley, Sherrell Ford and Ray Gay...State champions 2 of whom made it to the NBA....i can go on about whom ive played with but that would be bragging. im just looking at it from PURE SKILL...NOT ATHLETICISM....Okay lets end it like this;if Both LBJ & MELO had leg injuries of a Grant Hill Amare nature, who'd be the better player ? Melo..... AND before the "DECISION" i wanted the Bulls to trade for Melo rather than signing LBJ, so there is no hateration...i just look at skills

Raps08-09 Champ
09-11-2010, 06:01 PM
No...im 32. i stay in Chicago....and i have watched ball since i was 7. I was 13 playing with Micheal Finley, Sherrell Ford and Ray Gay...State champions 2 of whom made it to the NBA....i can go on about whom ive played with but that would be bragging. im just looking at it from PURE SKILL...NOT ATHLETICISM....Okay lets end it like this;if Both LBJ & MELO had leg injuries of a Grant Hill Amare nature, who'd be the better player ? Melo..... AND before the "DECISION" i wanted the Bulls to trade for Melo rather than signing LBJ, so there is no hateration...i just look at skills

So wouldn't that prove you are more biased for Melo than Lebron?

Also, matchups don't mean they are better. Yao gets the better stats of Howard whenever thy match up for the most part but Howard is better than him.

Duncan has been aruably a top 5-7 player since he entered the league. No way Rasheed was ever better than him.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 06:07 PM

Oh, I sure believe you. :rolleyes:

Anyone with any type of experience watching the game, and especially playing it, who has any mature unbiased idea of what good basketball looks like will acknowledge LeBron is better than Carmelo.

Scoring, passing, defense, rebounding, leadership, intangibles, injury avoidance. Clear sweep in all categories.

*Superman*
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
I remember watching that game and posting in the Denver forum. Lol. I called the Melo shot in the end to.

aussie
09-12-2010, 08:03 AM
and lebron stormed off didn't shake anyones hand or anything, haha what a baby

justinnum1
09-12-2010, 09:49 AM
OK, i know people will get mad at me for saying this but this is truely how i feel about the LBJ MELO DEBATE.

As i was watching this game on NBA TV i watched the match up between LBJ and MELO,and i clearly seen who was the better ball player and IMO it is and was Melo.
From the start of the game Melo went at LBJ and scored on him every time LBJ seemed to defer to the fact of him being a better scorer,but at the same time i seen Melo not guard LBJ for the first few possesions. This statement seems like nothing but what i noticed was Melo was just as good even if not better than Lbj.Melo has an arsenal of moves and must be guarded from the 3 point circle in, whereas LBJ is limited free throw line in. LbJ's strenght is pick and roll and being a stat stuffer, and Melo's power is his pure basketball skills. Melo also is a better post player where LBJ rarely if ever posts, so in this area where most elite player must be above average Melo is head and shoulders better. I noticed LbJ really couldnt take Melo and the reason why Clev came back was in fact due to his team actually playing well. Clevland as a whole out ran Denver and Hickson (who shouldve started) was key.
Now i know people will call me a crazed lunatic, but i judge players on these
factors.

Greed: how bad do you want it. Are you willing to carry a team.I.e At one point IMO Rasheed Wallace was better than Duncan, but Wallace didnt want to carry a team.

Clutch:Some peolpe rate hitting free throws as clutch i kinda do and dont. IMo an elite player should be butter from the line but it isnt written in stone. Clutch to me is taking the last shot,and being a threat to hit it. Getting a steal etc which is like intangibles.

TRIPLE THREAT:Can you post,shoot the mid, pass, and pop the trey ball. Kobe is the king of this.

Intangibles: Will you play D, will you stick your nose in and get the ball. Which includes reb.

If you look at this as a key to score "ELITENESS" Melo totally outshines LBJ in most of the categories except Intangibles.

Now if you watch the game youll notice Melo's pure basketball game compared to LBJ's skills are totally superior. And head to head vs LBJ Melo is 10-4.

:facepalm:

ATX
09-12-2010, 11:52 AM
He's only saying this because Melo is rumored to have interest in the Bulls. It's nothing new. So of course they wanted Melo all along over James. They wanted Bosh so bad, but when Bosh spurned them and they had to settle for Boozer, they all say now that Boozer is better than Bosh, and they always preferred Boozer....Which is just laughable, just like saying Melo is better than LeBron. Absurd. Let's not forget that Bulls fans state constantly that Rose is Wade's equal. :speechless:

daleja424
09-12-2010, 12:25 PM
lets call this what it is, another thread for hate and biased opinions... and recognize that this thread isn't going anywhere...

its closed.