PDA

View Full Version : Who should play at the Olympics?

topdog
09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
With the USA "B-Team" one game away from winning the worlds, my question is should they have first right of refusal for the Olympics or should the "superstars" be able to jump back on board in 2012?

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
well, since Dirk, Pau, Manu, and many other great players missed the worlds, and will be back for the Olympics, we will also need to upgrade our team. I think LeBron and Wade should go back, as well as Dwight or Bosh.

Khalifa21
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
The best players available should play.

It's the most prestigious international tournament, so everyone will want to play. You don't give the team that won The World's first refusal, just because they knocked off some pretty inferior teams.

If you want the best chance of winning you play your best team. Simple.

td0tsfinest
09-11-2010, 02:59 PM
The states definitely need some help down low. Whether that be bringing back Dwight, Bosh and Boozer or going fresh. I still think they need to tweak the roster.

Caps1989
09-11-2010, 03:05 PM
As a team, Team B > Team A. So i voted for Team B.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
IN teh olympics france will have ALL their players, so will Argentina, Lithuaia, Spain and Brazil.

Please feel free to sedn team B so it gets SMACKED:

jackdawson
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
1. CP3/Deron/ Curry
2. Wade/Roy/Tyreke
3, Durant/Melo/Iggy
4. LeBron/Bosh/Love
5. Dwight/??/??
-------------

Storch
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I voted for B team because I dont want our superstars to get injured. Maybe Coach K can add some bigs that aren't from the A-team per se, like Brook Lopez or Perkins for defensive matchups.

topdog
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I feel the same way as Caps that the "B-Squad" is a better "team," but we seriously need some size. Get a couple of legit centers out there and we have a gold - even against the Manus, Dirks and Parkers of the world.

J_M_B
09-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Well since, Dirk, Pau, and many of the other international stars didn't play this summer, but will be back for 2012, then we need to send out our talent as well. The young guys got their taste of international play and now will be ready, if needed.

gilly
09-11-2010, 03:33 PM
EDIT: To the guy that suggested Perkins, he plays for New Zealand

Can you imagine a rotation like this;

CP3, DWill, Rose
Wade, Evans
Durant, Anthony, Gay or Iguodala
James, Bosh, Boozer
Howard, Lopez

Would be so dominating in all aspects of the game if they could get the rotation right.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I feel the same way as Caps that the "B-Squad" is a better "team," but we seriously need some size. Get a couple of legit centers out there and we have a gold - even against the Manus, Dirks and Parkers of the world.

Team B is a better TEAM , thats for sure.

BUt they have been able to use their SUPERSTAR , Durant against teams that where Laciking THIRS:

I guarantee you that with PAU in you dont win that game by One.

Franche was lacking their WHOLE strtig unit.
Brazil was missing some too.

So was lithuania.( wich woudlnt have made it to semis if Manu was there f argentina too=)

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
This is a no brainer. Team A won the gold medal in the Olympics and deserve to be there.
Team B did well but other teams didn't have their best players like Ginobli, Dirk, Gasol. The best players should play in the Olympics.

We shouldn't risk putting Team B there. Like my teacher once said to me, A is better than a B .... she also said A is better than D but ... lol

td0tsfinest
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM
EDIT: To the guy that suggested Perkins, he plays for New Zealand

lol. I just looked that it up and its kinda true. The New Zealand teams wants Perk to play for them but he has no interest in joining their team.

DreamShaker
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I would go:

PG: CP3/Rose/Westbrook
SG: Kobe/Wade/Gordon
SF: Durant/Melo
PF: Lebron/Bosh
C: Howard/Amare

Next 5: Roy/Blake Griffin/Love/Curry/Brook Lopez

Baller1
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I would go:

This.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Paul, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and Dwight will surely get invited and join. I don't think Kobe will join again because of his decrepit finger.

dhopisthename
09-11-2010, 04:29 PM
PG: CP3/D-will/Rose/westbrook
SG: Wade/Iggy

Storch
09-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Paul, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and Dwight will surely get invited and join. I don't think Kobe will join again because of his decrepit finger.

Bosh is not fit for the olympics. Lebron and Melo played PF last time.

DreamShaker
09-11-2010, 11:04 PM

He actually played well last time out from what I remember.

godolphins
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
The players with the best talent= "a team"

Iggz53
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I would say a combo. Keep the A-Team big players and add some B-Team players like Durant, Iggy, Odom, Rose, maybe one or 2 more.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Btw, before everyone gives tehe hurras an d the cheers to team B.

theres still one game left.

Iggz53
09-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd actually start with this lineup::

CP3
Wade
Melo
Durant
James

LeBron and Durant would face bigger guys but if they just stand their ground, they'll be fine. Offensively, we would be impossible to stop.

justinnum1
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM

:facepalm: And Bosh played C, and they won the Gold.

knickerbockerny
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
You guys are undervaluing the talent on the quote un quote "b team." In a year or two Rose may stake claim to being the best point guard in the league, and Durant may stake claim to being the best small forward. Then there is Westbrook, Gordon, Gay, Curry, Granger, who are stars in their own right.

To be quite honest, past US teams in Olympics rarely come back for a second tour of duty, if ever.

So I'd expect this "team B" minus Odom, Chandler, and Billups, due to the ages and Danny Granger because he did not receive too much playing time. Give or take an injury or two, and that would leave 6 spots to be filled.

topdog
09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Team B is a better TEAM , thats for sure.

BUt they have been able to use their SUPERSTAR , Durant against teams that where Laciking THIRS:

I guarantee you that with PAU in you dont win that game by One.

Franche was lacking their WHOLE strtig unit.
Brazil was missing some too.

So was lithuania.( wich woudlnt have made it to semis if Manu was there f argentina too=)

The Lebron-Melo-Wade combo didn't seem to work great a few years ago so I'm not huge on a superstar-laden team. I agree the competition will be better but so would our team with Dwight, Amare, Lopez, ect. but the team we have now has real shooters who are still growing, some versatile points and a clear #1 option like a real team.

97NYer
09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Paul/Deron/Rondo
Wade/Kobe/Roy
James/Durant/Anthony
Bosh/Stoudemire
Howard

97NYer
09-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh and Lopez

NYKalltheway
09-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Compatible players. Not just random stars

Storch
09-11-2010, 11:59 PM
:facepalm: And Bosh played C, and they won the Gold.

Not as a starting center, that guy suggested bosh played starting PF. Please keep up with the posts before you defend your beloved heat players. Back up Center is a good role for Bosh behind Howard. Any arguments?

justinnum1
09-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Not as a starting center, that guy suggested bosh played starting PF. Please keep up with the posts before you defend your beloved heat players. Back up Center is a good role for Bosh behind Howard. Any arguments?

At then end of the game when it matters, I agree, Bosh should be in instead of Howard.

Gilly1254
09-12-2010, 12:08 AM
When representing your country you need your best players possible on the team. Worst thing is to let your country down.

wmudford
09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
cp3/curry
wade/iggy/tyreke
durant/melo
lebron/bosh/boozer
Howard/Lopez

curry over rose because we need at least 2 shooters in 2nd unit. and we dont need 3 pg's with the likes of lebron, wade and co. That's 7 from A team and 5 from B team. pretty balanced

Jamballin L@KER
09-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I would go:

^^ :clap:

NYKalltheway
a suggested, balanced team:

PG- Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Brandon Jennings
SG- Joe Johnson, Eric Gordon
SF- Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Gerald Wallace
PF- Carlos Boozer, Kevin Love
C- Brook Lopez, Javale McGee

Slashers are international's teams field day, so you need some spot shooters, some decent defensive bigs who can also draw fouls from opposing bigs and also you need Kevin Durant :D

Versatile roster, with a top class distributor and two very good point guards who can play this level, two shooters at SG, Kevin Durant, defensive beast Iguodala and G.Wallace(or someone else, doesn't really matter) at SF, Kevin Love has proven he can be a huge factor in these games with his rebounding, Boozer could be more helpful than Bosh or Amare due to his style and at center it's an upgrade from the 2010 team.

If you fill the roster with stars, you'll end up having another 2004 and 2006

Gilly1254
At then end of the game when it matters, I agree, Bosh should be in instead of Howard.

I'd actually like some defense at the end of the game... Now maybe if theres only a few seconds left and on offense then yeah, Bosh should be in.

The Raven
09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
The best players no matter who they are.

PacersTilTheEnd
09-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Although I think the easy answer would be put the best of the best in...which is what it should be, cause our best players should want to go get the GOLD for the USA: I think it should be a mixture(in a way).

Where did best players in NBA get us in past though(this decade!)?

Get a better Center in there for the 2012 Olympics please!!

xILLN355
09-13-2010, 06:11 AM
A team most likely with a few from this team

Jemikz9Clutch
09-13-2010, 06:27 AM
a mix of team a and team b would be nice imo

pg:paul,rose,westbrook
sg:wade,gordon
sf:james,durant,melo
pf:bosh,love
c:howard,lopez

Jemikz9Clutch
09-13-2010, 06:27 AM

pg: paul,rose,westbrook
sg: wade,gordon
sf: james,durant,melo
pf: bosh,love
c: howard,lopez

Law25
09-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I would go:

SG: Kobe/Wade/Iguodala
SF: Melo/ Durant

^ This with a few corrections. Iggy played Kobe like defence so he should be on the team. Melo i think is the better fit with the starter because he wouldnt look for his shot as much as Durant. Side bar: Over the course of the olympics my opinion of Durant has change. He's not an chucker as i thought the boy can flat out play. Back on topic i think this line up would beat the dream team.

Ray_R
09-13-2010, 07:26 AM
IN teh olympics france will have ALL their players, so will Argentina, Lithuaia, Spain and Brazil.

Please feel free to sedn team B so it gets SMACKED:

:bla: Durant > Europe

Ray_R
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM

pg:paul,rose,westbrook
sg:wade,gordon
sf:james,durant,melo
pf:bosh,love
c:howard,lopez

I think DWIll will get the start.

Raoul Duke
09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I think Wade might be the only shooting guard they take to the next Olympics. And by that I mean that the other guards will all be expected to play on and off the ball. So, heres my best guess, in no particular order...

Guards- Wade, CP3, D-Will, Westbrook, and Gordon over Curry because as of right now it's a toss up and Gordon is bigger

Forwards- 'Bron, Durant, Melo, Iggy, Bosh

C's- Howard... I got nuthin'. Stat or maybe Lopez?

Baller1
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I think Wade might be the only shooting guard they take to the next Olympics. And by that I mean that the other guards will all be expected to play on and off the ball. So, heres my best guess, in no particular order...

Guards- Wade, CP3, D-Will, Westbrook, and Gordon over Curry because as of right now it's a toss up and Gordon is bigger

Forwards- 'Bron, Durant, Melo, Iggy, Bosh

C's- Howard... I got nuthin'. Stat or maybe Lopez?

Lopez for sure.

Sadds The Gr8
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
CP3/Deron/Westbrook OR Rose
Wade/Roy/Evans OR Rose
Durant/Melo/Iggy
James/Bosh/Love
D12/Lopez

This should be the complete 2012 Olympic roster.

Jemikz9Clutch
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I think DWIll will get the start.

yeh i was also thinking if paul will play in 2012 or not coz it's free agency year for him. idk what will happen so yeah dwill might get the start. he brings size too.

LayZbone
09-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Paul/Deron
Wade/Iggy/Curry
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Bosh/Love
Howard/Lopez

Da Knicks
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
The A team should come in but delete players like Boozer, Prince, Kidd who i think is not going to play anyways. Replacements should be Stephen Curry, Durant, Gay

jimbobjarree
09-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I'll be in London for these, and I'd want to see all the stars

jmtapia
09-13-2010, 04:02 PM
It sucks that Evans got hurt in his very first practice but I think with the work he is putting in on his jumpshot that he makes the Olympic Team. Not sure what his role though.