PDA

View Full Version : Noah and Bulls close to 5 year extension

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Before you expend too much brain power trying to figure out whether the Bulls would really part with Joakim Noah in a trade for Carmelo Anthony, be advised that the Bulls are actually working on something else Noah-related: Getting him locked in for the long term with a contract extension.

The sides have been negotiating quietly for weeks and sources close to the process say that sufficient progress has been made -- although no deal is imminent -- to all but guarantee that terms on a five-year extension will be reached before the Halloween deadline.

Noah is determined to stay in Chicago, one source assures, while the Bulls continue to send clear signals that they have no interest in parting with their center. Not even for someone of Anthony’s pedigree, as one source told ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell.

2. I did a spot check with a few of the sources used for last Thursday’s piece in this cyberspace about how the Nuggets are telling every team that calls about Melo’s availability that they’re not ready to discuss that subject yet.

One week later, Denver’s mindset hasn’t changed.

Sources tied to potential Anthony suitors are still telling ESPN.com that the Nuggets remain in the fact-finding phase and haven’t given a clear indication about how soon they’ll be willing to actually field offers.

No matter how much Melo might want out.

I certainly don’t doubt that Anthony’s desire to leave remains profound -- as ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher laid out Aug. 16 when he quoted a source saying that it was “a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways” -- but most rival teams continue to cling to the belief that an actual deal is more likely to happen closer to the February trading than the leaguewide start of training camps in less than three weeks.

3. The newsiest development on the Denver side is the fact that new Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri and Anthony still haven’t met face-to-face.

The Nuggets made it clear at Ujiri’s introductory press conference more than a week ago that they wanted him to sit down with the face of the franchise to assess whether any hope for a reconciliation remains or whether they have no choice but to start taking those trade calls, with Anthony eligible to become a free agent at season’s end.

Nuggets officials continue to believe that the sitdown will take place soon. Yet it’s worth noting that they likewise believed entering free agency July 1 that Anthony was close to signing the three-year, $65 million contract extension that Denver formally extended back in June before the draft.

The calls from other teams aren’t going to stop coming in no matter what, but the vigor with which the vultures circle only grows with each new hint of extension resistance from Melo.

4. Even if the Nuggets can eventually be sold on the idea of taking back a trade package headlined by Noah and Luol Deng -- which is debatable in itself unless the draft picks included were so irresistible or the Bulls landed a suddenly durable Nene as well – Chicago simply can’t afford to add Noah to a potential Melo offer.

Not after the long-term investments that the Bulls made this offseason on Carlos Boozer and Tom Thibodeau.

Boozer needs a long, defensive-minded center as a sidekick to truly flourish. Thibodeau needs a Kevin Garnett-style anchor on D in his first head-coaching gig like he had in Boston with KG as the Celtics’ defensive coordinator.

And Noah not only fills both of those roles but would be incredibly hard to replace. Especially if the would-be primary Noah replacement is a scoring machine who plays small forward.

When it comes to fit alongside the new power forward and the new coach, Melo isn’t at Noah’s level.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19807/melo-noah-swap-talk-premature

beasted86
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Horford, Oden, and Gasol are next IMO.

If those GMs are smart, they don't want those guys to become restricted and overpay to keep them.

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I still think the bulls need to upgrade at the wing from Deng somehow to be really good.I dont think the core of Rose Boozer Deng Noah is gunna be dominant.They will be good but they gotta move Deng somehow if they sign Noah to a huge deal.Jeff Green would be nice on the bulls. Edit,What about unloading Deng for a TPE?? then having some Cap space

Hellcrooner
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM

If those GMs are smart, they don't want those guys to become restricted and overpay to keep them.

i hope gasol does not resighn unless he is granted Randolph is going away at seasons end

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:11 PM
i hope gasol does not resighn unless he is granted Randolph is going away at seasons end

Me too ,then signs with the Raptors:D Gasol would love Toronto

DreStylez
09-10-2010, 03:11 PM
:clap: nuff said

beasted86
09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Me too ,then signs with the Raptors:D Gasol would love Toronto

Memphis just maxed out Rudy over 5 years. Something tells me they aren't going to let the 2nd Gasol walk.

abe_froman
09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
I still think the bulls need to upgrade at the wing from Deng somehow to be really good.I dont think the core of Rose Boozer Deng Noah is gunna be dominant.They will be good but they gotta move Deng somehow if they sign Noah to a huge deal.Jeff Green would be nice on the bulls. Edit,What about unloading Deng for a TPE?? then having some Cap space

deng gets underrated because ppg=godly on here.as well moving deng is easier said than done and we probably wouldnt get anything better than him in return,at the moment,contract.jeff green isnt something i'd call dominate either

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
deng gets underrated because ppg=godly on here.as well moving deng is easier said than done and we probably wouldnt get anything better than him in return,at the moment,contract.jeff green isnt something i'd call dominate either

Ya Green and Deng are probably equal,I like Deng just overpaid a bit

thekmp211
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
a big part of noahs importance is how well he should fit together with boozer. his presence makes boozer a perfect fit in chicago.

Hellcrooner
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Memphis just maxed out Rudy over 5 years. Something tells me they aren't going to let the 2nd Gasol walk.

they have to resign mayo too wich will cost them another max.

and randolph wich will come to near max too.

they CANT keep the three. and gay.

They shouldnt have resigned gay IM O

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Atlanta and Memphis are in tough spots.They have to sign all these young talented guys to huge deals but they know they cant win a ring with these guys,but you cant let them walk either

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Question to bulls fans.Would you have rather not signed Boozer in retrospect knowing that Melo wants to come there now.You can get young PF's like Jason Thompson cheap,28ppg wing men are harder to find.You got Noah and Taj Gibosn upfront already

abe_froman
Ya Green and Deng are probably equal,I like Deng just overpaid a bit

yeah,though not by as much as most make him out to be,.the contract is what keeps us from getting equal or better value,so just going with him become our best option until that changes

AI4MVP
slightly better rebounding, worse shot blocking version of robin lopez

abe_froman
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Question to bulls fans.Would you have rather not signed Boozer in retrospect knowing that Melo wants to come there now.You can get young PF's like Jason Thompson cheap,28ppg wing men are harder to find

no,melo is a good scorer but gets overrated because of his ppg,i like him alot and would love to have him.but boozer is what everyone and their mother has been saying what we need for the past decade.so we finally got it

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Ha hes better I think but Lopez is underated hes gunna kill with Amare gone

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
no,melo is a good scorer but gets overrated because of his ppg,i like him alot and would love to have him.but boozer is what everyone and their mother has been saying what we need for the past decade.so we finally got it

Cool,will be an interesting team to watch this year.Lots going on with them always lol

thescore53
09-10-2010, 03:46 PM

he's in for a big pay day, and i dont think mem is willing to spend that much after they just signed rudy gay.

lavilevi23
09-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Noah is the most overrated player in his position in the world.

SchyGuy11
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
get this done.

zambo4president
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
This is great news:clap:

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM

:confused: trust me....... no one is gonna over pay for him

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 04:21 PM

yea and I'd love to know how many games you have seen noah play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3F9FdOiEY&feature=related

bbcmillionaire
09-10-2010, 04:28 PM

Lol what? Noah is on another level compared to lopez, Noah is in the Marc gasol, bynum, brook lopez, level(future stud centers) while robin is a role player at the moment

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Lol what? Noah is on another level compared to lopez, Noah is in the Marc gasol, bynum, brook lopez, level(future stud centers) while robin is a role player at the moment

gasol is not on noah's level nor is bynum...... put bynum on the bulls and he doesnt put up no where near the stats he does with the lakers.

bbcmillionaire
09-10-2010, 04:31 PM
yea and I'd love to know how many games you have seen noah play.

Lol don't feed the heat fans bro, or he might ask us an incomplete question( u mad?)

bbcmillionaire
09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
gasol is not on noah's level nor is bynum...... put bynum on the bulls and he doesnt put up no where near the stats he does with the lakers.

Each player fits their respective team, I'm not ready to crown any of those centers I've just named, but they have potential to be great centers

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Lol don't feed the heat fans bro, or he might ask us an incomplete question( u mad?)

lol...... I guess the double face palm might do it

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Statements like this is what gives bulls fans on here a bad rap.

Noah is not any better than Bynum or Gasol dude, as much as you want to think it. Yes, he is a tremendous rebounder and defender, but he has 0 offensive game. Put Bynum on the Bulls and our low post game is a hell of a lot better than it is with noah. 2 sides of the court dude. I'm a big Noah fan too, but come on.

bbcmillionaire
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Noah is not any better than Bynum or Gasol dude, as much as you want to think it. Yes, he is a tremendous rebounder and defender, but he has 0 offensive game. Put Bynum on the Bulls and our low post game is a hell of a lot better than it is with noah. 2 sides of the court dude. I'm a big Noah fan too, but come on.

... And watch our low post defense get torched, like I said noah fits the bulls better and bynum fits the lakers better

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
... And watch our low post defense get torched, like I said noah fits the bulls better and bynum fits the lakers better

But would you go out proclaiming that Joakim is on another level than Bynum or Gasol?

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:43 PM
And Gasol can give you just as much D and rebounding as Noah, plus a much better offensive game.

NYtilIdie
09-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Pretty much all of this.

abe_froman
09-10-2010, 04:44 PM

this is true

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
But would you go out proclaiming that Joakim is on another level than Bynum or Gasol?

Noah is a heart and sole guy.Not a great shooter,not super athletic,not the best post passer,but hes a guy every good team needs to have.He does the dirty work,and since the NBA has gone a bit soft there are not many dudes willing to bang in the post ect...so hes consider an all star type player.In the 80's or early 90's there was lots of dudes who played like that so I dont think he would have stood out as much.I would never pay over 9-10 million for him though

DaBUU
09-10-2010, 04:46 PM
this is true

If hes that one sided of a player, why wouldnt you trade him for Melo?

bbcmillionaire
09-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Lol nawl Ill put them on the same level, but all 3 of these centers are talented so why argue? Let's just get some beer and hot girls lol

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:49 PM

I don't know about Abe, but I think we are damn fools to not trade Joakim for Melo. Unfortunately though it can't work that way. Deng would have to be included, along with most likely some picks, which is why some of us are hesitant.

I would still do it, but I understand those who don't want to.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Lol nawl Ill put them on the same level, but all 3 of these centers are talented so why argue? Let's just get some beer and hot girls lol

Down like a clown charlie brown

abe_froman
09-10-2010, 04:50 PM

was more in saying that bynum(when healthy)is better and him being one sided player(he isnt),and its because of being a center.i'm ok with trading noah for certain players,melo just so happens not to be one of them,melo is pretty one sided to btw.but in a deal for another/better center,see ya sideshow bob

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Noah is a heart and sole guy.Not a great shooter,not super athletic,not the best post passer,but hes a guy every good team needs to have.He does the dirty work,and since the NBA has gone a bit soft there are not many dudes willing to bang in the post ect...so hes consider an all star type player.In the 80's or early 90's there was lots of dudes who played like that so I dont think he would have stood out as much.I would never pay over 9-10 million for him though

He's a borderline All-star player, which is what Gasol and Bynum are in the West which has been stacked with big men the last few years (obviously stat and Boozer have moved east so they may have a better chance now)

Jonathan2323
09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
He is not worth 10+ mil. Another contract the Bulls will regret, just like Deng.

He's a good player, but 10+ mil good? Naaaaaah

DaBUU
09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
was more in saying that bynum(when healthy)is better and him being one sided player(he isnt),and its because of being a center.i'm ok with trading noah for certain players,melo just so happens not to be one of them,melo is pretty one sided to btw.but in a deal for another/better center,see ya sideshow bob

gotcha

jackdawson
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM

:speechless::speechless:

thescore53
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM

bynum is actually underatted, if he wasnt injury prone he would be a top 2 center, he could avg 20 and 10 if he wasnt on the lakers

tcav701
09-10-2010, 05:10 PM

:clap:

Respect times a million bro.

Everyone that reads this will respect your posts alot more now in the main forums.(not that i didnt before or anything)

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 05:12 PM
:clap:

Respect times a million bro.

Everyone that reads this will respect your posts alot more now in the main forums.

Thanks haus

D-Block21-Chito
09-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Dengs contract was way front loaded how is 4 year 15 million left a big deal? am I missing something?

Jonathan2323
09-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Dengs contract was way front loaded how is 4 year 15 million left a big deal? am I missing something?

He has 4 yrs and 50.1 mil left on his contract and the salary increases every year.

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
He has 4 yrs and 50.1 mil left on his contract and the salary increases every year.

Thats rough.How many guys in the NBA who make over 10 million are actually worth it? very few

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 05:27 PM

That was a big misprint.

akagiredsuns
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM

:facepalm:

akagiredsuns
09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm so stoked. I have stuck with Noah since he came into the league when some said he wouldn't amount to much cus he was too small. But since that Boston series in '09, he has really become a cornerstone of the team along with D-Rose. He's going nowhere. Not even for Melo. Melo had a solid team with him in Denver for years and they were one and done in the playoffs each time until they finally broke through 2 years ago. Noah stays, and IMO he makes the All-Star game too.

akagiredsuns
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Had to do that twice, huh?

kjoke
09-10-2010, 05:51 PM

:nod: joakim is gonna have deng syndrome this following year

tcav701
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Noah is a good young player and is an obvious fit in Chicago.

However, saying he's going to be a star or a future powerhouse is a little premature.

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 06:04 PM

what do you mean? who gives a crap what other people think of bulls fans on here. its the internet dude. Bynum is one of the most overrated players in the league. where would he be if he wasnt playing next to kobe, odom, gasol, ariza- artest? a guy who is 7ft and is big as he is should be dominating. he is a spotty defender at the very most and his offensive game really isnt a big threat. he didnt even average double digits in rebounds at 8.3 a game and 6.7 for his career and if you dont think noah is better then marc gasol then you deserve a picard double face palm. marc gasol had one solid year, not good, but solid. where as noah was top 2-3 in rebounding, block shots, and is only getting better on offense. so tell me again why bynum or for some very very odd reason why marc gasol is better then noah? oh and noah would of made the all star team last year if he didnt get hurt. bynum couldnt even make it as a back up reserve when the other guy went down last year and kaman took the spot.

cutiepie80
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Typical Bulls stuff going on here, I'm a bulls fan by the way.

We are going to lose out on Melo and it's all because of a center who can't score. This team has NO chance at doing anything if they don't get Melo because they have NO scorer.

Not a surprise, if MJ never fell into our hands we'd be the worst organization of all time. Since he left we love making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round, it will happen for many many years if they don't grab the bull by the horns and get a game changer like Carmelo.

Yeah it would suck losing Noah, but there aren't many good centers in the nba, get a decent one and have Rose/Melo/Boozer plus a solid bench take you to the pormised land.

Just blah, so typical of the bulls to stick to a cheaper guy.

D Roses Bulls
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
:speechless::speechless:

you do know i mean marc gasol right? not pau gasol

tcav701
09-10-2010, 06:27 PM
what do you mean? who gives a crap what other people think of bulls fans on here. its the internet dude. Bynum is one of the most overrated players in the league. where would he be if he wasnt playing next to kobe, odom, gasol, ariza- artest? a guy who is 7ft and is big as he is should be dominating. he is a spotty defender at the very most and his offensive game really isnt a big threat. he didnt even average double digits in rebounds at 8.3 a game and 6.7 for his career and if you dont think noah is better then marc gasol then you deserve a picard double face palm. marc gasol had one solid year, not good, but solid. where as noah was top 2-3 in rebounding, block shots, and is only getting better on offense. so tell me again why bynum or for some very very odd reason why marc gasol is better then noah? oh and noah would of made the all star team last year if he didnt get hurt. bynum couldnt even make it as a back up reserve when the other guy went down last year and kaman took the spot.

ew

lavilevi23
09-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm so stoked. I have stuck with Noah since he came into the league when some said he wouldn't amount to much cus he was too small. But since that Boston series in '09, he has really become a cornerstone of the team along with D-Rose. He's going nowhere. Not even for Melo. Melo had a solid team with him in Denver for years and they were one and done in the playoffs each time until they finally broke through 2 years ago. Noah stays, and IMO he makes the All-Star game too.

Yea I'm sure Noah will be an Allstar in the east this year with Andrew Bogut,Brook Lopez and Al Horford being light years ahead of him.

tcav701
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yea I'm sure Noah will be an Allstar in the east this year with Andrew Bogut,Brook Lopez and Al Horford being light years ahead of him.

And theres some Howard guy that plays center in the east.

wesso2008
09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I like Noah and all but he aint worth the 12 million average a season....sorry.

beasted86
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
If Noah's agent is smart, he'll get his client overpaid, and there's nothing the Bulls can do about it.

There are a bunch of teams like the Knicks or Thunder that would love to trap the Bulls into a restricted free agent battle.

wesso2008
09-10-2010, 06:44 PM
If Noah's agent is smart, he'll get his client overpaid, and there's nothing the Bulls can do about it.

There are a bunch of teams like the Knicks or Thunder that would love to trap the Bulls into a restricted free agent battle.

Well there IS one thing the Bulls could do to rid themselves of that "problem"....:rolleyes: And his name is....Melo...

lavilevi23
09-10-2010, 06:49 PM
And theres some Howard guy that plays center in the east.

yea that was too obvious to point out so I didn't...

Brand New
09-10-2010, 06:50 PM
NO bulls fan should talk about the series we had against the Celtics. Not only did we lose that series but the only reason that Noah shined the way he did was because Celtics best in the paint player didnt even play.... Kevin Garnett. Melo's offense is better than Noahs defense. With Thibodeau's defensive brain we should all get better at defense. The number of TRUE centers in the NBA isnt very high at this time. I just dont see Noah as a no trade commodity.

lavilevi23
09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Marc Gasol >>>>>>>>> Noah.
Not only is he bigger, he has amazing post moves and offense and if it wasn't for Z-Bo he'd average more rebounds than Noah.

ecorrea
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Not only is he bigger, he has amazing post moves and offense and if it wasn't for Z-Bo he'd average more rebounds than Noah.

but noah can run the floor better than any center in the league :facepalm:

rustle

tcav701
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
but noah can run the floor better than any center in the league :facepalm:

rustle

Is that a stat?

You guys never quit LOL

ecorrea
09-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Is that a stat?

You guys never quit LOL

i know. i just wanted to jump in. i love noah. im actually deep down happy to see the melo rumors start to fade. he is worth a lot to THIS team. we are solid right now, melo would be great, but i love my bulls.

preferably 10 or 11m but whatever, im very happy if i get to continue to watch noah in a bulls jersey, see him all over town, keep that fire he instills in our team, etc...

im just facepalming to do so. but, he does run the floor like a mofo

ecorrea
09-10-2010, 07:07 PM
out for the night, hopefully it gets done soon.

ryder78c
09-10-2010, 07:25 PM
who says this isnt about a trade to denver? it would make more sense they do trade for melo now with denver having him 5 years

deng,Noah,Gibson,James Johnson,2 1st round pick for Melo,Affalo,Anderson

Bulls

Anderson
Boozer
Melo
Affalo/Brewer/Korver
Rose

Noah
Nene
Deng
Smith
Billups/Lawson

beasted86
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Well there IS one thing the Bulls could do to rid themselves of that "problem"....:rolleyes: And his name is....Melo...

Oh, right... because it is guaranteed the Nuggets want Noah for Carmelo Anthony.

Evolution23
09-10-2010, 07:45 PM
good luck with noah.. i wounder how much hes getting paid

ElMarroAfamado
09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh, right... because it is guaranteed the Nuggets want Noah for Carmelo Anthony.
i dont know whos more hatable your posts or your sig
with that said....if the BUlls get Anthony its over for the HEAT even sooner than i originally predicted

smiddy012
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM

gasol is not on noah's level nor is bynum...... .

I completely cringed when I saw this. :pity:

Whyd the one idiot have prove the other idiot subjectively right?

Typical Bulls stuff going on here, I'm a bulls fan by the way.

We are going to lose out on Melo and it's all because of a center who can't score. This team has NO chance at doing anything if they don't get Melo because they have NO scorer.

Not a surprise, if MJ never fell into our hands we'd be the worst organization of all time. Since he left we love making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round, it will happen for many many years if they don't grab the bull by the horns and get a game changer like Carmelo.

Yeah it would suck losing Noah, but there aren't many good centers in the nba, get a decent one and have Rose/Melo/Boozer plus a solid bench take you to the pormised land.

Just blah, so typical of the bulls to stick to a cheaper guy.

So we get rid of Noah and Deng for Melo and essentially become a less talented version of the Heat defensively and offensively. Good way to go to the promised land.

A little late... and yes, details matter.

:nod: joakim is gonna have deng syndrome this following year

Deng's just a border-line allstar now, and was never more than that. Although he has gotten progressively better throughout his career like Noah, injuries never prevented him from being an allstar, unlike Noah. So all the Noah/Deng comparisons are just wishfull thoughts and have little basis besides the fact that the two have had injuries.

Bulls arent going to trade Noah. Thats been established. The Nuggets may not be able to find a better deal than Deng/Taj/JJ/3-1sts from a team Melo is willing to sign a mid-long term contract with. So if Im the Bulls FO thats the limit of what I would offer. Now its just a waiting game I suppose for Melo and Denvers FO to start moving forward with whatever they decide to do.

i dont know whos more hatable your posts or your sig
with that said....if the BUlls get Anthony its over for the HEAT even sooner than i originally predicted

Not if the Bulls get rid of Deng and Noah for Melo without replacing Noah with a sizable and solid defensive center... and no Im not talking about Asik or KT.

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM

You want the Bulls to get rid of Deng and replace him with....Jeff Green?

Talking about taking a step backwards.

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 07:56 PM
who says this isnt about a trade to denver? it would make more sense they do trade for melo now with denver having him 5 years

deng,Noah,Gibson,James Johnson,2 1st round pick for Melo,Affalo,Anderson

Bulls

Anderson
Boozer
Melo
Affalo/Brewer/Korver
Rose

Noah
Nene
Deng
Smith
Billups/Lawson

You are right, I believe if Noah signs a contract he becomes a Poison Pill Player and his trade value next season will be the average of the salaries in the last year of his rookie scale contract and each year of the extension.

In which case, the Bulls could take on more salary.

I'd be open to Noah/Deng for Andersen/Afflalo/Carmelo, we're not sending Taj though

thescore53
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM

marc is deff the better all around ball player. thats my opinion, if not theyre def close.

edit: no no no no. bynum is also better, bynum is a top 3 center

29$JerZ
09-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Chicago is going to be locked into a lot of long term deals.

Rose will need an extension, likely to get his maximum.
Noah needs to be extended now, likely a 12 million annual contract.
Deng and his bloated contract for the next 4 years.
Boozer is going to be a Bull for a long time now.

Interesting to see how they get better pieces with no CAP to play with and not much depth for trade since they need all the players they have now.

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Chicago is going to be locked into a lot of long term deals.

Rose will need an extension, likely to get his maximum.
Noah needs to be extended now, likely a 12 million annual contract.
Deng and his bloated contract for the next 4 years.
Boozer is going to be a Bull for a long time now.

Interesting to see how they get better pieces with no CAP to play with and not much depth for trade since they need all the players they have now.

All they need is MLE's

PC
09-10-2010, 08:48 PM
All they need is MLE's

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that with the new CBA the MLE will be significantly less than it is now

29$JerZ
09-10-2010, 08:50 PM
All they need is MLE's

MLE's aren't going to be worth much imo if the CBA really does get serious about lowering deals.

Also MLE's only help if your a contender. Chicago as its currently constructed still is not a contender. So just adding MLE players won't really do much.

Hiphopopotamus
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
lots of Noah hate today huh? For all you Bynum lovers you have to be on the court to have value...ask Oden....Bynum is early 20's and knees are breaking down so as much skill and talent as he has, you are only as good as your time on the court dictates. Noah is more valuable to the Bulls than he may be on other teams, but so what, that means he is worth what the bulls have to pay him. Let all the douchebags from other team forums talk smack. It's sad that this is how they fill their time, get a life.

thescore53
09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
if bynums knees werent so bad he'd be top 2 center. he play like a top 6 one even when his knee is about to bust

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 09:01 PM
MLE's aren't going to be worth much imo if the CBA really does get serious about lowering deals.

Also MLE's only help if your a contender. Chicago as its currently constructed still is not a contender. So just adding MLE players won't really do much.

MLE's won't be worth as much but neither will players, especially the one's that were getting paid MLE money.

Bulls roster is set as far as #1-4 options, they could use some more depth a guy capable of scoring/getting to the line of the bench.

Don't be fooled, Bulls have a solid roster and if they aren't contenders this year, their growth and a few minor pieces will make them title threats in 2011, if that season is played.

29$JerZ
09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
MLE's won't be worth as much but neither will players, especially the one's that were getting paid MLE money.

Bulls roster is set as far as #1-4 options, they could use some more depth a guy capable of scoring/getting to the line of the bench.

Don't be fooled, Bulls have a solid roster and if they aren't contenders this year, their growth and a few minor pieces will make them title threats in 2011, if that season is played.

Here's the thing

You have Noah who is going to be extended, followed by Rose. You have Boozer as your Pf long term and Deng as your long term SF.

That will be your core for the next decade and you'll be locked into them 4 which means no money to add pieces other than MLE.

As of now Rose/Deng/Booze/Noah is not a championship contender. They can only get better but adding pieces gets a lot harder when the majority of your CAP is locked onto 4 players who still may not get you a title right away.

Bulls did a good job in getting Boozer and of course the luck with Rose/Noah,etc. However the team's championship aspirations highly depend on Rose becoming a superstar player who win a title with just a solid C, solid SF and an above average PF in the starting lineup.

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 09:30 PM

Here's the thing

You have Noah who is going to be extended, followed by Rose. You have Boozer as your Pf long term and Deng as your long term SF.

That will be your core for the next decade and you'll be locked into them 4 which means no money to add pieces other than MLE.

As of now Rose/Deng/Booze/Noah is not a championship contender. They can only get better but adding pieces gets a lot harder when the majority of your CAP is locked onto 4 players who still may not get you a title right away.

Bulls did a good job in getting Boozer and of course the luck with Rose/Noah,etc. However the team's championship aspirations highly depend on Rose becoming a superstar player who win a title with just a solid C, solid SF and an above average PF in the starting lineup.

That's cool, I understand why people don't consider the Bulls serious contenders. Most fans have not seen what Lu and Noah, and just how well they compliment Rose and Boozer. Korver will stretch the floor but we really need a second 3pt shooter/bench scorer/6th man in the mold of JR Smith/Ben Gordon.

Rose is going to be a bonafide #1 and superstar. Boozer is a good #2, top 5 at his postion and an all-star. Deng (top 10 at his position, #7) and Noah are both fringe all-stars and just now entering the primes of their careers. We have our 4, it's just a matter of filling out the bench and developing what we have.

Maybe most importantly, we have a coach who understands how to do his job. When Thibs comment on how Deng has been misused I knew we hit the lottery (again LOLRose).

All that said, I don't think we should pay Noah 5/$60m but it is what it is.

akagiredsuns
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM

Had to do that twice, huh?

I might as well have done it ten times 4Prez. These Heat fans never stop trolling when it comes to the Bulls. But I ain't gonna waste my time. Facepalm is enough. :clap:

beasted86
09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I might as well have done it ten times 4Prez. These Heat fans never stop trolling when it comes to the Bulls. But I ain't gonna waste my time. Facepalm is enough. :clap:

wHAT?

As a TM in the Heat forum Bulls & Laker fans are the #1 & #2 trolling posters in there. I can't speak for who goes in the Bulls forum, because I rarely ever post there, but I'll tell you the Bulls are just as bad and probably worse (there are more Bulls fans on PSD).

sargon21
09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
every bulls-related thread i look into on the nba forum has numerous heat fans just saying **** about the bulls

ChiSox219
09-10-2010, 11:17 PM
every bulls-related thread i look into on the nba forum has numerous heat fans just saying **** about the bulls

They mad

I mean, wouldn't you be mad if Jordan's # was hanging in your rafters even though he never played for your franchise?

I'd be mad if I wasn't a Bulls fan, we had Jordan.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-10-2010, 11:25 PM

I must have missed all the years where Joakim was doing what he did last year.

He, like Gasol as you mentioned, has had 1 solid year bro.

And Bynum is 22 freaking years old and has about the exact same defensive rating as Noah. A guy like Noah who is 7 ft should also be dominating himself, but he can't score a bucket with his back to the basket to save his life. But yet Noah is getting better, but Gasol and Bynum can't? Noah is easily the most 1 dimensional player of the 3. Gasol and Bynum do play good defense, and pretty damn good offense, which Joakim does not. Bynum is also like what, the 3rd, 4th option on offense on the Lakers due to having Kobe and Gasol. Put him on the Bulls and I guarantee you he gets more than 10 shots a game like he has averaged the last few years, and would probably lead our team in scoring if we didn't now have Carlos. Look at his FG%. Pretty freakin good the last 4 years if you ask me.

Noah would have been an all star last year except....... oh wait, that's right. He wasn't, injury or not, he wasn't. Just like all these years Luol "should have" been an all star.

I understand your love for Noah and the Bulls dude, but be realistic for once, and not just a homer. I love Noah too, but not enough where I need to go thinking he is better than people he isn't just so I can think my team is better. Nobody on here has agreed with you yet about Noah being on "another level" as Bynum or Gasol. And yes, they all knew you meant Marc.

JOSKOMANG4
09-10-2010, 11:27 PM

1st and foremost.. They don't want to keep OJ Mayo. They tried unloading him and Thabeet last season to G-state for M.ellis but the deal wasnt accepted. OJ Mayo, if not this season, will be traded be4 the 2011 season.

2nd.. Zach Randolph will never EVER make the money he makes now. He currently makes 17.8 mill; expiring contract after the season. No way in hell any team would give him a max contract. He'll be lucky if he gets a Paul Millsap like deal; 7-8 mill per season.

3rd.. Memphis will resign Marc Gasol. He is too important to this team. I can see Gasol getting a contract similar to the Blazers L.Aldridge.

xxcubs22xx
09-10-2010, 11:27 PM

for real.

Why all the hatin'? Joakim Noah is a top rebounder in this league. Hate to break the news

Catfish1314
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM

You must be a Suns fan. Noah is much better than Robin Lopez. More skilled, more versatile, and a much better rebounder.

Shammyguy3
09-10-2010, 11:35 PM
You must be a Suns fan. Noah is much better than Robin Lopez. More skilled, more versatile, and a much better rebounder.

He's a god-awful rebounder.

abe_froman
09-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Here's the thing

its a solid lineup,better than you(and many give credit for),overloaded with superstars no? but f.a. is no guarantee of landing the guys you want(being a knick fan you should know this better than anyone)

you say talk about our hopes depending on rose,like is a bad thing...but how is this different than every team in the league. isnt the magic's title hopes resting highly on howard,the lakers with kobe,ect.,arent the thunder's future highly dependent on kd and dont the kings rise or fall on evans development?...isnt your own teams future resting on how amare works out?

cutiepie80
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Bulls need to get Melo, simple as that. We can find a serviceable center.........if we want a CHANCE in the next 5 years we need a scorer like Melo.......it's simple.

The guy takes the bulls to a legit championsip team.

smiddy012
09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Bulls need to get Melo, simple as that. We can find a serviceable center.........if we want a CHANCE in the next 5 years we need a scorer like Melo.......it's simple.

The guy takes the bulls to a legit championsip team.

Im tired of Bulls fans complaining about our roster. We got three guys in Rose, Noah, and Deng who are still getting better and developing. We've been a solid PF away from advancing in the playoffs throughout the last decade and now we got one. We may not have the most talented team in the league, but we are going to be one of the hardest working teams in the NBA, if not the hardest.

So stop your ****** Bulls fans. Things are going the right direction for us... and we still got a large window to win a championship due to our youth.

And a core of Rose/Melo/Boozer without Noah aint going to do **** against Miami either.

mikantsass
09-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Will he get a haircut with the extension?

mikantsass
09-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Amazing, Heat fans think they have the next 7 championsips booked.

Good news for everyone else is the Dwayne Wade is old and gets injured every year, Chris Bosh is a *****, not even a worry when it comes to teams when it comes to power forwards, Lebron James, the biggest ***** of them all.......he will not be able to play the game he has always played in cleveland because he has 2 ball hogs to deal with on a nightly basis, that's if bosh and his boyfriend wade stay healthy.

People saying the heat are a lock are kidding themselves.

They have to deal with the celtics, the lakers, the bulls....if they get melo.....get ready to really compete.

Boozer is older and even more injury prone. What do you have to say now about your team's "big" FA acquisition?

Antipod
09-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Does this mean he won`t be deal to Denver for Melo?

Hiphopopotamus
09-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Boozer is older and even more injury prone. What do you have to say now about your team's "big" FA acquisition?

I love any celtic fan mocking a player for being old and injury prone. The C's are a great team, but they cannot currently call anyone else out for being old and injury prone. Celtics are my second fav team. I'm just saying though

Wade>You
09-11-2010, 09:09 AM
great move for the Bulls once they get this done. This reminds me of the Rajon Rondo contract extension. Everyone thought it was a bad deal, but the Cs came out winning after Rondo had a great year.

h2r09
09-11-2010, 09:52 AM
paying noah this much money for that long of a time will be a mistake. book it. nice player, nothing incredible.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Prove it. since when was he a top 2-3 shot blocker? now you just making **** up since he isnt even top 10 IN HIS POSITION. You sir are the biggest dumbshit homer ever.

so out of that whole paragraph you can only find one thing you questioned and thats called being a homer? go look it up then, at the very least top 4..... I could be wrong, but I remember right before the NBA season ended barkley was talking about him saying it. so out of the 10 facts i put down, i got at least 9 right...... still looks like an A- grade for me.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I completely cringed when I saw this. :pity:

Whyd the one idiot have prove the other idiot subjectively right?

So we get rid of Noah and Deng for Melo and essentially become a less talented version of the Heat defensively and offensively. Good way to go to the promised land.

A little late... and yes, details matter.

Deng's just a border-line allstar now, and was never more than that. Although he has gotten progressively better throughout his career like Noah, injuries never prevented him from being an allstar, unlike Noah. So all the Noah/Deng comparisons are just wishfull thoughts and have little basis besides the fact that the two have had injuries.

Bulls arent going to trade Noah. Thats been established. The Nuggets may not be able to find a better deal than Deng/Taj/JJ/3-1sts from a team Melo is willing to sign a mid-long term contract with. So if Im the Bulls FO thats the limit of what I would offer. Now its just a waiting game I suppose for Melo and Denvers FO to start moving forward with whatever they decide to do.

Not if the Bulls get rid of Deng and Noah for Melo without replacing Noah with a sizable and solid defensive center... and no Im not talking about Asik or KT.

why dont you read all posts before you make your argument in one post, lmao...... if you go back, i responded to one post by saying noah was better then gasol, but the post i responded to have marc gasol so its not my fault you didnt read his post first.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:22 AM

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
anyone that says that bynum who averaged 15 and 8 last year is a top 3 center is just plain dumb. 15 and 8 makes you a top 3??????? what are you guys smoking?????

beasted86
09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
They mad

I mean, wouldn't you be mad if Jordan's # was hanging in your rafters even though he never played for your franchise?

I'd be mad if I wasn't a Bulls fan, we had Jordan.

And I know if I were a Bulls fan I would be mad that Wade completely questioned the loyalty of your franchise in general and turned away from his hometown along with Bosh because they specifically noted they didn't like the idea of trying to fit themselves around that core. They'd rather come to a team with Michael Beasley and Chalmers as the only guys under contract.

Then there's the whole LeBron decision, and I know you guys must be really jealous and feel betrayed. That about sum it up?

kjoke
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
but marc is better than noah

h2r09
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
paying a guy like noah 12 million or 15 million like he wants would be absolutely stupid. hustle guys like him are not worth that much if he doesnt have a great offensive game like noah does. if he does develop a good low post game and can average 20 points then it is absolutely worth it but i dont see that happening. this, like the deng contract, will become the contract that we look back on and wonder what they were thinking.

jp611
09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
And I know if I were a Bulls fan I would be mad that Wade completely questioned the loyalty of your franchise in general and turned away from his hometown along with Bosh because they specifically noted they didn't like the idea of trying to fit themselves around that core. They'd rather come to a team with Michael Beasley and Chalmers as the only guys under contract.

Then there's the whole LeBron decision, and I know you guys must be really jealous and feel betrayed. That about sum it up?

6 rings is better then one... I for one am happier to have had the best player ever play for our team then a couple of divas

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 11:47 AM
but marc is better than noah

oh the heat fans will try and find anything to try and hate on the bulls

sager729
09-11-2010, 11:47 AM

The only reason they are all in Miami, is so they can all play together. If the Bulls had the money to bring all 3 and had Rose and Noah as their only 2 under contract I garuntee you they would be in Chicago.

No matter what I still take Jordan's '96 or '97 teams over the current heat teams.

Get Noah signed, then you have a good frontcourt for a while.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 11:48 AM
oh the heat fans will try and find anything to try and hate on the bulls

individually, Marc is better than Noah. But until we see what Marc can do on a playoff team, its hard to just rank him over Noah.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
individually, Marc is better than Noah. But until we see what Marc can do on a playoff team, its hard to just rank him over Noah.

how is he better? noah averaged 12 and 11 last year and would of made the all star team if it wasnt for the injury...... noah has had two pretty good seasons in a row, while averaging double doubles in the playoffs.......... like 15 and 13 against cleveland. marc hasnt made it to the playoffs despite playing on a pretty good team team and he didnt even pull down double figures in rebounds since he has been in the league. also his defense is no where near what noahs is. marc has had ONE solid year, not good but SOLID

beasted86
09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
6 rings is better then one... I for one am happier to have had the best player ever play for our team then a couple of divas

Yup... this has pretty much been the gyst of most Heat related comments by Bulls fans. Live on history 12 years ago when I've heard many Bulls fans admit they were little kids and didn't even watch Jordan, or post some jealous envious crap about the Heat players.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:03 PM
how is he better? noah averaged 12 and 11 last year and would of made the all star team if it wasnt for the injury...... noah has had two pretty good seasons in a row, while averaging double doubles in the playoffs.......... like 15 and 13 against cleveland. marc hasnt made it to the playoffs despite playing on a pretty good team team and he didnt even pull down double figures in rebounds since he has been in the league. also his defense is no where near what noahs is. marc has had ONE solid year, not good but SOLID

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=gasolma01&y1=2010&p2=noahjo01&y2=2010

Marc is highly more efficient on offense, turns the ball over less, holds a higher win share despite being on an inferior team. Gasol's gap on offense is higher than Noah's gap on defense.
And again, that being said, Noah has proven in the playoffs he can perform, so I would be hard pressed to say outright that there is no argument here.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=gasolma01&y1=2010&p2=noahjo01&y2=2010

Marc is highly more efficient on offense, turns the ball over less, holds a higher win share despite being on an inferior team. Gasol's gap on offense is higher than Noah's gap on defense.
And again, that being said, Noah has proven in the playoffs he can perform, so I would be hard pressed to say outright that there is no argument here.

offense doesn't make you a better player and even if that was so, noah's numbers are better. look at marcs touches compared to noah's. marc has played 7 more minutes a game averaged then noah and even with the 7 more minutes averaged and more touches marcs stats are still lower then noahs. noah shows up in the big games and its not like the grizzlies have a bad team either. I'll bet if you ask every gm in the league, they would say noah is better and they would rather have him then marc.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:11 PM
offense doesn't make you a better player and even if that was so, noah's numbers are better. look at marcs touches compared to noah's. marc has played 7 more minutes a game averaged then noah and even with the 7 more minutes averaged and more touches marcs stats are still lower then noahs. noah shows up in the big games and its not like the grizzlies have a bad team either. I'll bet if you ask every gm in the league, they would say noah is better and they would rather have him then marc.

Marc has a higher PER, despite not creating with 3 ball hogs. He is a better shooter. His turnover rate is lower. His offensive win shares and offensive rating are far higher. Marc is a much better offensive player, period.
When comparing individual's, you have to step back and compare them without their team. If they traded places, the Grizz would still be in the lottery, and the Bulls would still be in the playoffs.
If you want to include team, then Noah would get hardly any touches with Gay, Mayo, and Randolph on his team.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Marc has a higher PER, despite not creating with 3 ball hogs. He is a better shooter, period. His turnover rate is lower. His offensive win shares and offensive rating are far higher. Marc is a much better offensive player, period.
When comparing individual's, you have to step back and compare them without their team. If they traded places, the Grizz would still be in the lottery, and the Bulls would still be in the playoffs.
If you want to include team, then Noah would get hardly any touches with Gay, Mayo, and Randolph on his team.

PER????? thats some john hollinger stuff right there. looks nice, but really doesnt mean anything. what gm in the nba do you ever see mention PER? look the facts speak for themselves. noah averaged a fully 7 minutes less a game, LESS SHOT ATTEMPTS so playing with ball hogs or not marc still gets more shot attempts and his numbers on offense and defense are not better then noahs. plus you count noahs intangibles like he's a leader and vocal and he's a very good passer.

29$JerZ
09-11-2010, 12:17 PM
PER????? thats some john hollinger stuff right there. looks nice, but really doesnt mean anything. what gm in the nba do you ever see mention PER? look the facts speak for themselves. noah averaged a fully 7 minutes less a game, LESS SHOT ATTEMPTS so playing with ball hogs or not marc still gets more shot attempts and his numbers on offense and defense are not better then noahs. plus you count noahs intangibles like he's a leader and vocal and he's a very good passer.

If you honestly believe that statistics hold no merit when evaluating players and comparing others there is no point for you too continue.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
PER????? thats some john hollinger stuff right there. looks nice, but really doesnt mean anything. what gm in the nba do you ever see mention PER? look the facts speak for themselves. noah averaged a fully 7 minutes less a game, LESS SHOT ATTEMPTS so playing with ball hogs or not marc still gets more shot attempts and his numbers on offense and defense are not better then noahs. plus you dont count noahs intangibles like he's a leader and vocal.

haha, most of the GM's now use advanced stats. You obviously didn't open my link. Gasol's offense is far superior to Noah's, and that really isn't debateable. Better TS%, eFG%, Offrtg, less turnovers. His defense is not that bad either.
This is pointless. You will defend Noah with things that are your opinion, despite the fact that I paste actual evidence. Don't be that big of a homer. I love Noah, and the heart he brings. But Noah and skill will never be used in the same sentence

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
haha, most of the GM's now use advanced stats. You obviously didn't open my link. Gasol's offense is far superior to Noah's, and that really isn't debateable. Better TS%, eFG%, Offrtg, less turnovers. His defense is not that bad either.
This is pointless. You will defend Noah with things that are your opinion, despite the fact that I paste actual evidence. Don't be that big of a homer. I love Noah, and the heart he brings. But Noah and skill will never be used in the same sentence

they dont even talk about PER on NBA tv........ that has no merit....... please name on GM who has said on tv the word PER in any reference. come on hawkeye...... your smarter then this. i know you cant honestly believe this stuff you are saying.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:25 PM
If you honestly believe that statistics hold no merit when evaluating players and comparing others there is no point for you too continue.

noah takes less shots a game...... marc takes more. noah averages more points a game. do you not understand the post or something?

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Hell yeah I was mad, slander is a crime. Wade is an idiot, the Bulls have been nothing but great to current and former players.

This article absolutely destroyed any credibility Wade had:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-05-27/sports/ct-spt-0528-bulls-dwyane-wade-chicago20100527_1_bulls-wade-jerry-reinsdorf

Bosh, Wade, and Lebron wanted to play together, the Heat were the only ones who could offer that opportunity. Has nothing to do with wanting to play with Beasley/Chalmers over Noah/Rose. I'm happy the way the off-season played out.

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 12:26 PM
noah takes less shots a game...... marc takes more. noah averages more points a game. do you not understand the post or something?

Gasol is much better than Noah.

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Gasol is much better than Noah.

oh my god........ you guys are really something else....... you just said marc gasol is better then noah. wow, lmao

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:31 PM
they dont even talk about PER on NBA tv........ that has no merit....... please name on GM who has said on tv the word PER in any reference. come on hawkeye...... your smarter then this. i know you cant honestly believe this stuff you are saying.

NBA tv? haha. Like I care what general media talks about. And throw away PER than, since you don't like it for some reason, even though it is a measure that is of value here because we are not talking two chuckers.
Gasol is a more efficient scorer, and the numbers don't lie

29$JerZ
09-11-2010, 12:31 PM

I understand what is being talked about. You don't agree with advanced statistics and think Noah is a better overall player because he averages more points a game.

Like I said, if you aren't a believer of stats like TS%, win shares, and efficiency then there is no point to continue.

Your not taking into consideration Marc puts up better offensive numbers playing with Mayo/Randolph/Gay who aren't shot creators for others and Noah's only offensive rivals were Deng and 2 PG's.

You don't have to agree with anyone who uses PER and other stats for their argument, but to completely deny them of having any value or think its just a dumb thing to keep track of is just wrong.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Gasol averages more points dude. 14-10
Gasol- 1.55 points per shot
Noah- 1.32 points per shot

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I am truly amazed at some of your guys responses. get back to me at this in 6 months. my record for picking winners and judging talent has been right 99.9 percent of the time. I know what im talking about. like i say every time, go back and look at my predictions in my history. you will find one wrong prediction and that was about the magic. everything else i was right on. so come and talk to me in 6 months when im right again. anyways you guys enjoy your saturday

D Roses Bulls
09-11-2010, 12:37 PM
NBA tv? haha. Like I care what general media talks about. And throw away PER than, since you don't like it for some reason, even though it is a measure that is of value here because we are not talking two chuckers.
Gasol is a more efficient scorer, and the numbers don't lie

general tv? what do you think espn is? and they are the biggest joke out there. they are wrong all the time. i suggest watching nba tv or tnt. way better coverage. anyways enjoy your day hawkeye.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I am truly amazed at some of your guys responses. get back to me at this in 6 months. my record for picking winners and judging talent has been right 99.9 percent of the time. I know what im talking about. like i say every time, go back and look at my predictions in my history. you will find one wrong prediction and that was about the magic. everything else i was right on. so come and talk to me in 6 months when im right again. anyways you guys enjoy your saturday

I am truly amazed you are being such a homer here, when the numbers show who is better pretty easily. You made a completely incorrect argument. not only does Gasol score MORE POINTS, but he scores more points per shot attempt. This is the simplest way to prove he is more efficient. A 1st grade math student should understand this.
You act as if Gasol is a poor defender. He is not. He is not as good as Noah, but his defense is closer to Noah's defense than Noah's offense is to Gasol's offense.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 12:39 PM
general tv? what do you think espn is? and they are the biggest joke out there. they are wrong all the time. i suggest watching nba tv or tnt. way better coverage. anyways enjoy your day hawkeye.

I don't watch any of them. Why would I?

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't watch any of them. Why would I?

Lol it's like trying to explain to a 10 year old that Santa doesn't exist.

Gasol>Noah

Number don't lie, especially the advances stats :p

DenButsu
09-11-2010, 12:51 PM
PER????? thats some john hollinger stuff right there. looks nice, but really doesnt mean anything.

Why don't you explain your rationale for why PER doesn't mean anything?

You seem to feel strongly about it. Make your case. Back it up with facts. My ears are open.

beasted86
09-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I am truly amazed you are being such a homer here, when the numbers show who is better pretty easily. You made a completely incorrect argument. not only does Gasol score MORE POINTS, but he scores more points per shot attempt. This is the simplest way to prove he is more efficient. A 1st grade math student should understand this.
You act as if Gasol is a poor defender. He is not. He is not as good as Noah, but his defense is closer to Noah's defense than Noah's offense is to Gasol's offense.

Don't worry, if I'm not mistaken this is the same poster who said Noah was a better player than Carmelo. Not that he means more to the Bulls, but that he was actually a better player.

Gators123
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Sources tell HOOPSWORLD Joakim Noah has 5-year $60 million extension offer from Chicago, is holding out for bigger deal $70-$75 million

http://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/24188736602

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 01:20 PM

jesus

Hawkeye15
09-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Noah wants $15 million a year? hahaha

MJ-BULLS
09-11-2010, 01:24 PM
that is alot imo.

PC
09-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Wow if I were Noah I'd take $60 million in a heartbeat. In no way is he worth close to $15 million a year

DenButsu
09-11-2010, 01:30 PM
If this is true, I think the Bulls can pretty much kiss Melo goodbye.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
15mill a year? :confused: :facepalm: :speechless: :cry::crazy:

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd give Gasol $75m

AddiX
09-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Man, and people wonder why there is expected to be a lockout. Noah is a good player but he has had one decent year and wants 70-75? Come on, I don't even think he's worth 60.

ecorrea
09-11-2010, 01:42 PM
see i think where noah has a clear advantage on gasol is his ability to run the court. it works perfect with rose and the style of our offense

ecorrea
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
damn!

15 million a year! wtf! this cant be true.

Kakaroach
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I think its a good move by the Bulls, they were gonna match an offer similar to this next year when he's an RFA anyway. A lot of teams would pay a ton to have someone like Noah.

Hustla23
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
LOL.

I hope the Bulls lock him up for a ridiculous amount.

29$JerZ
09-11-2010, 01:53 PM
It's actually smart of Noah to do this, the market for Centers is always big and someone will overpay to have a legit C.

15 million is obviously too much but he'll have the 12 mil annual from Chicago waiting for him. Chicago isn't in a position to lose a C via trade of RFA.

DenButsu
09-11-2010, 01:59 PM
It's actually smart of Noah to do this

It is, absolutely.

As for whether it's smart for the Bulls to do it? I guess it depends on what people think the market value of players like Noah will be in a post-lockout, new-CBA environment.

I would put my money down on: If the Bulls do this, it won't take too many years for it to be exposed as a big mistake.

29$JerZ
09-11-2010, 02:04 PM
It is, absolutely.

As for whether it's smart for the Bulls to do it? I guess it depends on what people think the market value of players like Noah will be in a post-lockout, new-CBA environment.

I would put my money down on: If the Bulls do this, it won't take too many years for it to be exposed as a big mistake.

Chicago financially is in a jam imo.

Noah is going to get a ton of money. Rose will likely demand his maximum in 2 years. You have Boozer inked for the next half of this decade and Deng is still on the books for the next 4 years.

Basically the team they have now won't be changing much.
I wonder how the CBA will play out, it seems the fear of the change is actually adding to the problem (seeing FA's now wanting to get the MAX value and will be the highest paid when the new CBA forms)

lavilevi23
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
so out of that whole paragraph you can only find one thing you questioned and thats called being a homer? go look it up then, at the very least top 4..... I could be wrong, but I remember right before the NBA season ended barkley was talking about him saying it. so out of the 10 facts i put down, i got at least 9 right...... still looks like an A- grade for me.

Number 14 shot blocker last season. Do your ****ing homework before making up crap. Also with Boozer now on your team, both his and Noah's rebounding numbers are gonna drop. What can I say though - Bulls fans overrate thier own players with their hype which is the reason they overpay every rotation player they had since Jordan left. Deng,Hinrich,Eddie Curry and now Noah.
Well, I guess it's good for me and my team though. Keep sucking.

xxcubs22xx
09-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Number 14 shot blocker last season. Do your ****ing homework before making up crap. Also with Boozer now on your team, both his and Noah's rebounding numbers are gonna drop. What can I say though - Bulls fans overrate thier own players with their hype which is the reason they overpay every rotation player they had since Jordan left. Deng,Hinrich,Eddie Curry and now Noah.

:crazy:

cutiepie80
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I really hoping he is asking for that kind of money, it will be a lot easier to trade his non-scoring #$%.

If the bulls don't trade him for Carmelo, I'm done with the Bulls.

bears88
09-11-2010, 08:43 PM
:crazy:

yes he is ********

smiddy012
09-11-2010, 08:48 PM
If the bulls don't trade him for Carmelo, I'm done with the Bulls.

You should quit now. You dont make a good bulls fan.

cutiepie80
09-11-2010, 08:53 PM
You should quit now. You dont make a good bulls fan.

Yeah because giving a huge contract for a guy that can't score is a good move over signing an elite scorer when that's the one position we need. Oh yeah, Carmelo wants to play here too.

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 08:59 PM
It's actually smart of Noah to do this, the market for Centers is always big and someone will overpay to have a legit C.

15 million is obviously too much but he'll have the 12 mil annual from Chicago waiting for him. Chicago isn't in a position to lose a C via trade of RFA.

Why do you have a sig of Derrick Rose getting fouled?

ecorrea
09-11-2010, 09:01 PM

theres def some body contact there

29$JerZ
09-11-2010, 09:05 PM

It was a clean block. That foul call was BS.

ChiSox219
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM

Clearly a foul with the body. Contact was made well before the block.

The Raven
09-12-2010, 01:42 AM
had no idea he was even worth a 5 yr contract

Bearsfan4life54
09-12-2010, 02:09 AM

6 Rings > 1 Ring

You keep sucking

Bearsfan4life54
09-12-2010, 02:11 AM

Lol @'knicks fans...

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Lol @'knicks fans...

Wow a Bulls fan made another account just to say this for the second time

Pretty sad

PC
09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Chicago financially is in a jam imo.

Noah is going to get a ton of money. Rose will likely demand his maximum in 2 years. You have Boozer inked for the next half of this decade and Deng is still on the books for the next 4 years.

Basically the team they have now won't be changing much.
I wonder how the CBA will play out, it seems the fear of the change is actually adding to the problem (seeing FA's now wanting to get the MAX value and will be the highest paid when the new CBA forms)

x2

29$JerZ
09-12-2010, 11:42 AM
lol @ Knick fans.
Ahh, our hidden Knick lover :o

Clearly a foul with the body. Contact was made well before the block.

If that is called body contact basketball has taken a big step back, he clearly hits the ball first. No matter though, Rose has felt the wrath of Mozzy and Danilo.

Lol @'knicks fans...
Making a new account to make a weak statment (a copied one at that). I see what you did there.

effen5
09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
x2

Pretty sure one of the reason we signed all these players to contracts ending in 2012/2013 is for that reason alone. Also that would also mean Deng would be in his last year of his contract as well. So no, when Rose does ask for his money, we won't be that big of a financial jam as you think.

ChiSox219
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
If that is called body contact basketball has taken a big step back, he clearly hits the ball first. No matter though, Rose has felt the wrath of Mozzy and Danilo.

I'm not sure if you're being serious because it's clear and in your own sig, that contact (at the waist) was initiated by the defender before the ball was blocked.

It was a foul.

ChiSox219
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Derrick Rose vs the NY Knicks in 2009-10:

4 games
.566 FG%
25.0 PPG
4.3 RPG
5.5 APG
2.0 TOPG