PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference: #1 seed (1 of 8)

JordansBulls
09-10-2010, 09:34 AM
2007-2008 PSD Champion - Link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3235113#post3235113)

2008-2009 PSD Champion - Link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272189)

2009-2010 PSD Champion - Link (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405834)

It is about that time now. We have tried to do this the past 2 seasons. We know things will constantly change but this process takes over a month to complete so it will help us in waiting on the season to begin where we as a forum vote on who will be ranked where, etc.

#1 Seed 2009-2010 Season - Example (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395770)
#1 vs #8 seed in 2009-2010 Season- PSD Voting - Example (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398263)

With that in mind, who will be the #1 seed in the Western Conference for the 2010-2011 Season?

NOTE: I will do the Eastern Conference and start the Western Conference, but it is a lot to do both east and west for this. If someone else wants to follow the same format for the west as I do for the east then that would be fine.

And I repeat do not post this in your forum trying to get more votes.

sixers247
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Lakers

PC
09-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Gotta go with the defending champs...

Ace33Bone
09-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Lakers without it even being close between them and the #2 team

Mile High Champ
09-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Lakers, the obvious choice once again. The addition of Barnes and Blake only made this team better.

tcav701
09-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Theres really no reason to not pick the Lakers here.

Iggz53
09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I'd be very surprised if LA didn't finish 1st

bahama0811
09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Easily the Lakers.

Avenged
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Complacency may hurt the Lakers, but I think there's too much talent on their team not to end up with the #1 seed.

Niro
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
lakers

The Miami Cheat
09-10-2010, 10:13 AM
LA lakers

td0tsfinest
09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Lakers didn't lose much but they did add Blake, Barnes and a pair of good rookies. They should be a top of the west.

49erGiantLaker
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Lakers

LakersIn5
09-10-2010, 10:34 AM
im surprised that the clippers arent winning this. for me they are locked to be the no.1 seed with the addition of foye and thornton.

xbrackattackx
09-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Complacency may hurt the Lakers, but I think there's too much talent on their team not to end up with the #1 seed.

Same thing I am worried about.

Chacarron
09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
The Lakeshow.

still1ballin
09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
There shouldn't even be a poll for #1. There is only one clear cut answer. Move on to #2

Gators123
09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Why does Minnesota have a vote? :laugh2:

shep33
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
All of us Laker fans know that our team gets super lazy at times. It's annoying, but I'm use to it now. So I'm going to say they finish first, however, it won't be a huge mind blowing gap. The west is just too deep, and teams like Dallas and OKC will be pretty good in the regular season. Portland too if healthy.

The Lakers will take nights off like they always do, so those losses are inevitable, I'm pretty sure all of us that follow the Lakeshow understand this happens every year just about.

Baller1
09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Easy pick here.

Antbanks21
09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
lakers...that was a tough one

poleandreel
09-10-2010, 02:04 PM
i dont understand how people can continuously pick the same team to finish 1st every year. look at each years poll. the following year always has the same finals matchup as the year before. that barely ever happens so why do people choose that. it doesnt make sense. yes the lakers are good but are they def going to finish first? no. artest is older, kobe is older, barnes has issues, bynum is always injured. they could easily fall out of first. im not saying they will but it is possible.

can people use their own logic instead of being biased or simply regurgitating what espn says. its sickening to me of how many people simply cant think for themselves.

and of course in the east people are going to pick the ****ing celtics even though they wont m ake it to the finals. people will not pick miami bc they are haters and use the excuse "they have to prove themselves" or "they havnt played one game yet" stfu and stop being irraational. they might not win the finals (MIGHT NOT) but they have the greatest chance out of any team in the eastern conference of making the finals. and if you dont believe that then its a good thing your on psd instead of making decisions or choices that actually affect the world.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
lakers should easily win the #1 seed. last year what scared us laker fans and made the race closer than it should be was consistency and lack of depth but this offseason we addressed that problem. even with injuries the lakers could easily coast to the #1 seed in the west.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
i dont understand how people can continuously pick the same team to finish 1st every year. look at each years poll. the following year always has the same finals matchup as the year before. that barely ever happens so why do people choose that. it doesnt make sense. yes the lakers are good but are they def going to finish first? no. artest is older, kobe is older, barnes has issues, bynum is always injured. they could easily fall out of first. im not saying they will but it is possible.

can people use their own logic instead of being biased or simply regurgitating what espn says. its sickening to me of how many people simply cant think for themselves.

and of course in the east people are going to pick the ****ing celtics even though they wont m ake it to the finals. people will not pick miami bc they are haters and use the excuse "they have to prove themselves" or "they havnt played one game yet" stfu and stop being irraational. they might not win the finals (MIGHT NOT) but they have the greatest chance out of any team in the eastern conference of making the finals. and if you dont believe that then its a good thing your on psd instead of making decisions or choices that actually affect the world.

its not wrong for them not to choose the lakers. despite the age of kobe and the matt barnes situation the lakers could still win the #1 seed. its not regurgitating espn when the lakers have been the best team in the west the past 3-4 years.

Rivera
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
this should be a run away with LA

#2-8 is gonna be interesting tho

Rivera
09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
#random thought

i just looked at the old ones for fun

and the raptors made it to the ECF?? seriously the raptors to the ECF??

hahahaha thats classic!!!!

LAgametime
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
the lakers will be for sure number 1 but teams will always play there hardest against the lakers

b_russ
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
im surprised that the clippers arent winning this. for me they are locked to be the no.1 seed with the addition of foye and thornton.

Donald Sterling: "Who?"

thekmp211
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM

bro -- relax. sometimes things are obvious because they are obvious. and, for the record, miami is dominating the east poll.

i tried to talk myself out of the lakers but there's no point. i think barnes is going to be a great addition. him kobe and artest together on the wings, pau bynum and odom down low, that's a lot of length and defense.

Jewelz0376
09-10-2010, 04:05 PM

:facepalm:
Maybe everyone picking the Lakers has something to do with the fact that they've done it the last 3 seasons, and they have improved their team even more this off season....

Ne ways its def the Lakers... i honestly can't see how anyone who not think that..they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the west

Chacarron
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Venomous88
09-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Lakers, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mavs give them a run for their money with the depth on their bench.

Klivlend
09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Why does Minnesota have a vote? :laugh2:

That's what I want to know, too. They have two votes now

goku
09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
lakers but they are a year older so this to me is there last year bein a top seed if they get it ..blake and fisher (age) pg defense will be a problem though

BirdIsTheWord
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Lakers.

jimbobjarree
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
wooo Minny in 4th place!

IversonIsKrazy
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Minnesota, no doubt abt it ;)

ahhaa, but Lake Show is a lock for #1 imo, unless Kobe becomes horrendous this season, which I don't see happening.

Shady66
09-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Lakers no doubt

tcav701
09-10-2010, 08:32 PM

AAAHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:clap:

You sir, need to think before you speak.

tredigs
09-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Gotta go with the Timber here. Wolf pack, *****!

TylerSL
09-10-2010, 08:43 PM
****, I accidently voted Dallas instead of LA. I meant to vote LA, they will get 1 in the West

Chacarron
09-10-2010, 08:52 PM
****, I accidently voted Dallas instead of LA. I meant to vote LA, they will get 1 in the West

It's ok, 4 other people did the same mistake as you :D

kjoke
09-10-2010, 09:05 PM
No

greg_ory_2005
09-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Lakers are definitely the team to beat in the West.

aussie
09-10-2010, 10:34 PM
hornets :D