PDA

View Full Version : Will Iverson Be in an NBA uniform come opening day? Poll

spreadeagle
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Mcgrady n Shaq have found teams, seems A.I is the last big name former allstar without a home.If you put yes where do you think he goes

iFYouSeekAmy
09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
He could be a back-up 2nd/3rd unit for the Warriors. Though I'm not sure how much money they have left of their MLE, since signing Carney. I don't see it happening though, so no.

C-Dub
09-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Chi, Nets, Thunder, NY. all these teams could use him. no team has ever won a champ without a 30+ year old vet on the team ;)

CB29
09-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I think last season was a good indicator of iversons nba reality... i think he's played his last game in the nba... i don't see him coming back and if he does it won't be for long

King Drew
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
he'll turn up somewhere.

CB29
09-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Chi, Nets, Thunder, NY. all these teams could use him. no team has ever won a champ without a 30+ year old vet on the team ;)

not true 1949-50 minneapolis lakers did not have any players over the age of 30... :dance:

tjlipford
09-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I hope so man. I know he can still play, but he just can't seem to understand that he ain't the old AI. No one stays the same in this game. Not MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe or Lebron. The older u get your game and body changes. It is what it is. He was a top player for 90% of his career and is one of the best scorers to ever play the game. He also was the toughest to play, but he just got older.

He needs to accept that and enjoy his last few years in the league. 2nd favorite player of all time. Get it together AI damn!!!

SteveNash
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
AI can't play and could never play. No team is going to take him on by opening day.

JerseysFinest
09-10-2010, 12:28 AM

i don't want to say this in the nets forum cuz they'll destroy me in there, but i actually wish the nets could give him a chance. I truly believe he has changed, he has realized what has happened to him and what he has to do to play. He can provide veteran leadership, and billy king has said he wants a 3rd point guard on the team. If he can compromise to share minutes with Farmar and Harris without complaining, I would love to add him. People say he's negative, but I believe he can help out a young team by showing them the ropes, and who knows, maybe he can revitalize his career

djeller1139
09-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I wish the Warriors would give him a shot...maybe if/when injuries hit...

zambo4president
09-10-2010, 01:49 AM

No to Chitown. We really don't need him and he could potentially stunt Rose's development.

COBY KARL
09-10-2010, 01:59 AM
AI can't play and could never play. No team is going to take him on by opening day.

Aw cmon Steve
at least he made it to the Finals!

mynameismo
09-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Bobcats need a PG.

Chateamsfan
09-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Bobcats need a PG.

We got Augustin and Livingston. No thanks! However if we trade Augustin then sure. However if Anthony is traded, then I have a funny filling Billups will come here.

AI4MVP
09-10-2010, 02:31 AM

get the **** outa here. u know nothing about basketball if u think he could never play. allen iverson is pound for pound the greatest scorer who ever lived. hes ****ed up alot and has whatever issues he has, but to say he could never play is absurd

Jewelz0376
09-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Why do people keep making these threads??? All it turns into is a "hate on AI' thread...the same people are going to come here and talkin about him being overrated and a chucker bla bla bla... like any bum can do what AI did if they put up enough shots lol

As far as the question goes I sadly think AI's career is over....its sad it has to end this way..but it is what it is i guess

Law25
09-10-2010, 04:05 AM
I really wish Philly would pick him up and let him retire with them. Thats where his legacy is, and he gave so much to the franchise. I could see him being what Jason Terry is to the Mavs and winning six man awards in Philly. Come on Sixers what better option do you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kArSoN RyDaH
09-10-2010, 05:43 AM
chicago or dallas. they need a true SG. id like to see what he could do in dallas. with all the talent there he could be the one who possibly puts them over the top if he is still in shape and is cooperative with management/coaching.

aussie
09-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Miami or Chicago

TheTakeOver24
09-10-2010, 06:26 AM
get the **** outa here. u know nothing about basketball if u think he could never play. allen iverson is pound for pound the greatest scorer who ever lived. hes ****ed up alot and has whatever issues he has, but to say he could never play is absurd

Thats the truth.... I mean The Answer...

IHeartNY
09-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Yes, he will. I see him on the Hornets somehow ...

Antipod
09-10-2010, 07:52 AM
As time goes, the more i doubt ... He`s had his shot with Memphis, then came home and still didn`t find his place. I hope he returns, but he`ll be a shadow of a former great player ( aka Tmac/Shaq etc.)

DreamShaker
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM
He is just one of those guys who I could never see not being at least a starter. He seemed like he just could not handle it last year.

The Miami Cheat
09-10-2010, 08:43 AM
i think he'll go somewhere....mayb NO,NY, or NJ

aussie
09-10-2010, 09:48 AM
apparently new orleans have given up on him, there is a thread in the new orleans forum about it

but to say his never been a good player, you deserve to be struck with a blunt object

Mile High Champ
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I dont see it. He is done. He had noting left in the tank in his brief stint with the 76ers. I just can't see him being effective in this league ever again and I really doubt any team comes calling on him unless they are hit by big time injuries at their guard position.

Ace33Bone
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I would love to see AI in that Miami mix... I dont know if he would fit in there but I mean that would be another pure scorer that they can use off the bench if he has the right mentality

Boo2u
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Does practice squad count?

xbrackattackx
09-10-2010, 10:34 AM
He will if Brown and MJ sign him to the Bobcats, If not then no.

BkOriginalOne
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
So much Iverson hating, for what. You guys act like he ever had a decent team.
Iverson beign the icon that he is, and the fact that he's 35 and not 40, AI deserves to play on some team. I think that given minutes AI could be a 6th man type player who scores 16-20 points a night. WHy not? especially on a team with a thin bench.

No one on here could still beat AI in a game so quit the bashing.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM

I hope your joking...

Raidaz4Life
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that teams have learned their lesson with AI... Memphis, Detroit, and Philly sure did.

97NYer
09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
He could be a big star overseas.

lavilevi23
09-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I could only see him getting a chance with the Bobcats

Big Quett
09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
His pride will get in the way AGAIN.

Gators123
09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Doubt it

shep33
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Sad to say, but I really doubt it. He could provide some mentoring for a young team, but I dunno if he wants to do that. What a great player and career though. I think all this drama over the past few years really clouded what was one of the greatest careers in NBA history. Yes I said it, the guy was the best scorer for someone of his size arguably in NBA history.

2_Trill
09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Dam, Thats alot of NO's! I hope he comes back in rare form.

beasted86
09-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Bobcats really need an extra PG/SG... otherwise

I think NY would be a good fit.

Iverson > Douglas, Mason, Rautins

spreadeagle
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that teams have learned their lesson with AI... Memphis, Detroit, and Philly sure did.

I forgot he was on Detroit

beasted86
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Another team I just thought about is NOH. They have nothing close to a decent PG to backup Chris Paul. Marco Belinelli is not a PG.

IversonIsKrazy
09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't want to see his career become even worse, so I hope he stays retired... sadly :(

aussie
09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
gotta admit i would like to see him at the hornets

aussie
09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Hornets signed Mustafa Shakur as a backup PG

JWO35
09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
He's going to be picked up once a starting (whatever the hell he plays) goes down for a playoff team...

Tony_Starks
09-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I wish I could seriously talk to someone who was in the know in the NBA circles who could shed light on this because there's something we are not privy to. Darius Miles got an invite to training camp today! Darius M-F'n Miles!!! There's no way in hell he's better than Iverson in any way, shape (no pun) or form, on or off the court.

Im really starting to believe the blackball theory. I have no other rational reason as to why I haven't even heard his name all summer. I've heard Marbury, Antione Walker, Darius, Stackhouse, Juan Dixon, KENDAL GILL!!!!, names.

I have yet to hear his name, even regarding a simple update on what shape he's in, outside of this forum. That aint right.......

thekmp211
09-10-2010, 10:31 PM
^ i dont see him coming back. he has too much pride to be a backup. and, frankly, he probably wouldn't produce at a great level in that role either.

OGMarkWahlberg
09-10-2010, 10:36 PM

lmao kid are you ****ing serious? AI could never play? 3rd highest scoring average of all time...?

Tony_Starks
09-10-2010, 10:41 PM
^ i dont see him coming back. he has too much pride to be a backup. and, frankly, he probably wouldn't produce at a great level in that role either.

but come on man Darius Miles? Stackhouse? He can produce more than those guys. You don't think its suspicious that we don't hear anything about him?

Hustlenomics
09-10-2010, 10:43 PM
but come on man Darius Miles? Stackhouse? He can produce more than those guys. You don't think its suspicious that we don't hear anything about him?

AI haters will just tell you you're wrong but you have a point

llemon
09-10-2010, 10:53 PM

It isn't all about production. It is partially about accepting your role on the team.

Tony_Starks
09-10-2010, 11:16 PM
It isn't all about production. It is partially about accepting your role on the team.

he seemed to do pretty well in his limited minutes with Philly, as well as give them the only home sell outs they had all season. All the players there were singing his praises even after he left. And what role could Darius Miles have on a team exactly? Other can collect a check.

You guys sure do have a lot of excuses but its really really hard for me to believe that there isn't a team in the league that could use a scoring and attendance boost.

MTar786
09-10-2010, 11:18 PM
how about the knicks

llemon
09-11-2010, 01:00 AM
he seemed to do pretty well in his limited minutes with Philly, as well as give them the only home sell outs they had all season. All the players there were singing his praises even after he left. And what role could Darius Miles have on a team exactly? Other can collect a check.

You guys sure do have a lot of excuses but its really really hard for me to believe that there isn't a team in the league that could use a scoring and attendance boost.

Limited minutes? AI got 32 mpg in his stint with Sixers last season.

Obviously, any team that signs Iverson has to worry about him crying if he only sees 18mpg.

Maybe some team will take that risk. Good luck to them.

thekmp211
09-11-2010, 09:23 AM

here's the thing with ai. he was such a revelation for basketball at the time. culturally, his style of play, the competitive spirit. as such, i think his ego was stroked a lot during his prime. the fact is, AI's career shooting numbers are pretty awful. the guy shot under 40% one season. because of what he meant to philly, on and off the court, his teams were built to facilitate him shooting enough at this rate to put points on the board. i think we can all agree on this.

at this point, i just don't know if he offers much more than those guys. really. he has lost the quickness that once made him unguardable. he is undersized for sg and has proven definitively to not be a point guard. he can't really jump the lanes on defense anymore, and his size is a huge liability on that end. there are bigger, better, more humble and less disruptive 40% shooters to fill out a bench. i think there are some roles he could thrive in, but i think he'll probably just stay retired.

JLMiles14
09-11-2010, 09:26 AM
how about the knicks

Dont want him.

Gators123
09-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Gary Moore, Iverson's personal manager, said Iverson has not been contacted by any NBA team with training camps set to open in less than two weeks. Moore said there is "legitimate interest" between Iverson and a team in China to work out a deal. Moore did not know the team's name and was vague on details.

"We're very astonished, to say the least, that not one team has contacted us with any interest," Moore said. "I just don't understand it."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/13/allen-iverson-considers-offer-to-play-in-china/

SteveNash
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Aw cmon Steve

Ah yes, the only good season AI ever had where he wasn't even the best player on the team. Such an accomplishment.

Name one player in the modern era who was good and shot a career average of 42.5%.

lmao kid are you ****ing serious? AI could never play? 3rd highest scoring average of all time...?

5th and it should continue to go down....

Oh wait that's right AI sucks and can't make it on an NBA team

pd7631
09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Ah yes, the only good season AI ever had where he wasn't even the best player on the team. Such an accomplishment.

Name one player in the modern era who was good and shot a career average of 42.5%.

Who is more overrated?

5th and it should continue to go down....

Oh wait that's right AI sucks and can't make it on an NBA team

1.) who on the team was better? actually who in the league was better? that's right, league MVP. Best player.....period.

2.) Chauncey Billups.....career 41.6% shooter

3.) You have never given a legit reason why he is overrated. You simply give normative statements to base your hatred for AI. Where are the facts? That's right, the facts state that AI is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

4.) The man 5th all time in scoring average, and you claim that he is a terrible player. You're such an *** clown.

I've tried to stay out of these arguments because people like you are just impossible to deal with, because you know the truth and you just can't admit it because of your hatred for certain people.

SteveNash
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
1.) who on the team was better? actually who in the league was better? that's right, league MVP. Best player.....period.

Dikembe

Touche, however, I should have said non three point shooters like AI.

3.) You have never given a legit reason why he is overrated. You simply give normative statements to base your hatred for AI. Where are the facts? That's right, the facts state that AI is one of the greatest to ever play the game.

I actually quoted the wrong thing, that was in response to someone mentioning me saying Jordan was the most overrated. AI isn't that overrated because now most teams finally realize that he sucks.

4.) The man 5th all time in scoring average, and you claim that he is a terrible player. You're such an *** clown.

Give me enough shots and I would have a higher scoring average than AI efficiency be damned.

I've tried to stay out of these arguments because people like you are just impossible to deal with, because you know the truth and you just can't admit it because of your hatred for certain people.

I know the truth, and the truth is AI can't hang onto a team at 34 which is pathetic for an "all time great"

KNIXX46
09-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Hard to say, he was talikng bout playing in China....

BillyHoyle35
09-14-2010, 12:42 AM

very well said!

Evolution23
09-14-2010, 01:25 AM
chicago could use a legit point guard

Mplsman
09-14-2010, 01:55 AM
He will do his chinese thing.

C-Dub
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
hell prolly be just about ready to sign in china and then some nba team will call him up and make him change his mind lol

Team*Chicago
09-14-2010, 09:50 AM

We(Bulls fans) don't want A.I, the organization is trying to build a championship team and A.I is not a championship piece to add Bulls.

chicago or dallas. they need a true SG. id like to see what he could do in dallas. with all the talent there he could be the one who possibly puts them over the top if he is still in shape and is cooperative with management/coaching.

Not from A.I especially an undersize overaged SG that don't play no defense and we(Bulls fans) already experience that type of bull-hit from Ben Gordon.

Miami or Chicago

:eyebrow:

chicago could use a legit point guard

:facepalm: We got Rose but the Knicks could use him more sense they aren't going to make the playoffs with just Amare.

I'm no trying to offend you guys but you guys aren't to smart of were A.I should be and understanding what's the team's situation of what players needs to be required.

ivylleague1'
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
From 2003 to 2008, the best guard in the universe was Allen Iverson.

Averaged scoring for AI: ~30+ / game shooting 44% during the period. Ranks #1 (Kobe was close and shot 45+%). assists 7+ / game during the period. Steals: top 10 / game during the period. No guard in the world came close to matching his performance within this period.
Out of 5 major areas (scoring, assists, steals, blocks, rebound), he was the only guard to rank in the top 10 in 3 areas every year during the period. I challenge all those haters of Iverson to name a player who ranked in the top 10 perennially in 3 of the five areas I mentioned from 03 to 08. Iverson is the best when healthy, and in top form. In the last two years he was in the wrong environment and thus, should not play a major role when he is evaluated. Winning a championship is a team's effort, A great team may win a championship while a bad team may not. Iverson is a starter, and not a bench player. He is better than all the guards currently playing. He is the best penetrator in the world followed by Chris Paul. (Please differentiate penetration from driving through an opening to dunk etc. He plays the game with the best artistic quality. He exposes the aesthetic nature of basketball and makes the game less boring and worth watching. AI has the stuff!!!! This is just my objective observation, and he (Iverson) deserves to start in the NBA!!!!!

Kakaroach
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't see it unless his ego has had a reality check. No team will offer him a starting role, and thats what he wants.

godolphins
09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I doubt he plays in the NBA this season, because of his big ego. I don't see him coming off the bench

ivylleague1'
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Its not ego !!! He offended some of the former players like MJ and Larry Bird etc. He does not respect them, and acts like he is better than them all. He must find a way to apologize to them and the block will be lifted.

Sportfan
09-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the lulz of the day

Khalifa21
09-30-2010, 07:52 PM
He should sign with the Cavs. They'll have a ton of shots to go around, he can start and play about 35+ minutes a game and it'll put fans in the seats. Match made in heaven. If we're gonna be honest they're not going anywhere soon, so give Iverson a one year deal whilst some of the big contracts wind down and prepare for the future.

NetsPaint
09-30-2010, 08:13 PM
What about the Nuggets? If Melo stays there he'd be WITH Billups this time.

NetsPaint
09-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the lulz of the day

Thanks for having that in your sig.

C-Dub
09-30-2010, 08:49 PM
^Agree, id love to see that, i think itd work, ive been saying that since things went downhill in Detroit about him goin back to denver. the nuggets could trade kmart and smith somewhere for a center then if there are any available for their price

llemon
09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
i don't want to say this in the nets forum cuz they'll destroy me in there, but i actually wish the nets could give him a chance. I truly believe he has changed, he has realized what has happened to him and what he has to do to play. He can provide veteran leadership, and billy king has said he wants a 3rd point guard on the team. If he can compromise to share minutes with Farmar and Harris without complaining, I would love to add him. People say he's negative, but I believe he can help out a young team by showing them the ropes, and who knows, maybe he can revitalize his career

What a nightmare that would be for the Nets.

MTar786
09-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Aw cmon Steve

AI really did make it to the finals with absolutely nobody on his team. but then again. the east was TERRIBLE.. almost as bad as it was when lebron got to the finals alone

llemon
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
AI really did make it to the finals with absolutely nobody on his team. but then again. the east was TERRIBLE.. almost as bad as it was when lebron got to the finals alone

That Finals team was built to get AI to the Finals.