PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Your All Time Favorite Rangers By Position?

SLY WILLIAMS
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Who Are Your All Time Favorite Rangers By Position?

Remember this is your favorite players not the best players.

Runner ups are in parenthesis.

LW- Eddie Johnstone
C- Ulf Nilsson
RW- Don Murdoch
(Alexi Kovalev, Ron Duguay, Nicky Fotiu)

D-Barry Beck
D- Ron Greschner
(Brian Leetch)

G- JD
(Mike Richter)

dashripdot
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
G: Giacomin (Richter)

D: Beck, Leetch (Park)

F: LW Graves, C Messier, RW Gilbert (Hedberg, Sandstrom, Nilan)

NYR_NYJ
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
G- Richter (Beezer)

D- Beck, Leetch, (Buekeboom)

RW-Gartner, C-(Duguay) Messier, LW-Graves

Redfish
09-09-2010, 01:11 PM
LW - Adam Graves (Steve Vickers)
C - Phil Esposito (Jaromir Jagr)
RW - Nick Fotiu (Matthew Barnaby)

D - Barry Beck
D - David Maloney

G - Steve Weeks (all class and character)

Foge7
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
C-The Messiah
LW-Gravy
RW-Kovalev/Jagr
D-Leetch
D-Boom
G-Richter

njseney
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
G- Mike Dunham
D- Marek Malik
D- Wade Redden
RW- Anson Carter
C- Mike York
LW- Jan Hlavac

NYR_NYJ
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM
G- Mike Dunham
D- Marek Malik
D- Wade Redden
RW- Anson Carter
C- Mike York
LW- Jan Hlavac

:speechless:
Wrong list

redwhiteandblue
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
G - Richter (Lundqvist) - Loved Richter so much, hurt so bad watching that play that ended his career. I'm a younger fan so Hank is definitely my second though Beezer is a close third.

D - Leetch (Beukeboom) - Leetch is absolutely one of my top favorite players of all time and only Lidstrom rivals him as my favorite D. Beuk's was fun to watch, especially the hundreds of times I watched the '94 video. :)

D - MDZ (Staal) - Kinda a tie here. I love both of these kids and I think they're big parts to our future success.

RW - Jagr (Bure) - I think what Jagr did for this franchise is one of the greatest things to happen and he was a favorite player of mine before he got here. Same with Bure, but he was so battered up he did nothing.

C - Messier (No one can touch him in my book)

LW - Graves (Gabs) - He was a favorite of mine before getting here but man Graves was a warrior. Gotta love a player like that.

mayhem15
09-09-2010, 07:23 PM
bad ***-JOEY KOCUR

SLY WILLIAMS
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
3 guys that were my favorites when they were Rangers but didnt play enough games as Rangers to make the list.

Pavel Bure-Pat Lafontaine-Guy Lafleur

jpfunk86
09-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Tikkanen ( was not a career guy but i loved him so much)
Messier
Domi ( I have a soft spot for this goon)

Leech
Zubov

Lundy/Richter- I cant pick. JD comes in at a close 3rd

runnermjr1296
09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Goalie Eddie Giacomin
D Leetch
D Buekoboom (zubov is a close second)
LW Vickers
C Messier (i mean c'mon!!!!)
RW Graves
yes i know graves and vickers both played LW but i just couldn't decide

honorable mention goes to Essa Tikkanen and Stephen Mattaue

Chris Erwin
09-11-2010, 10:54 AM
F: Donnie Maloney, Tony Granato, Espo
D: Park, Greshner
G: JD
(Graves, Sandstrom, Dugay, Pavelich, Beezer)
Coach: Bergeron loved his intensity

SLY WILLIAMS
09-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Awesome to see so many old time Rangers being represented. I'm kind of surprised by that because I figured most posters were young. Seeing some of the picks brought back some good memories. :)

runnermjr1296
09-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Awesome to see so many old time Rangers being represented. I'm kind of surprised by that because I figured most posters were young. Seeing some of the picks brought back some good memories. :)

Sly That surprised me also<i kinda wanted to put Pete Stemkowski(triple OT goal against the blackhawks)or Orlon Kurtenbach

SLY WILLIAMS
09-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Sly That surprised me also<i kinda wanted to put Pete Stemkowski(triple OT goal against the blackhawks)or Orlon Kurtenbach

LOL now you are making me feel young. :)

nuyawka
09-18-2010, 09:20 PM
For me, this has to be by decade. I started watching the Rangers as a kid in the late 70's. The first time the Rangers mattered to me was the team that went to the '78-79 Cup Finals.

My faves from that team-

C-Phil Esposito
LW-Don Maloney
RW-Anders Hedberg
D-Ron Greschner
D-Dave Maloney
G-John Davidson

1980's-

C-Mark Pavelich (Kelly Kisio)
LW-Don Maloney (Jan Erixon)
RW-Tomas Sandstrom (Hedberg)
D-Greschner (James Patrick)
D-Reijo Ruotsalainen (Barry Beck)
G-The Beezer (Richter)

1990's-

C-Messier (Gretzky)
LW-Graves (Tikkanen)
RW-Kovalev (Gartner)
D-Leetch (Zubov)
D-Beukeboom (Lowe)
G-Richter (Glenn Healy)

2000's-

C-Mess (Nylander)
LW-Avery (Straka)
RW-Jagr (Callahan)
D-Leetch (Poti)
D-Girardi (Staal)
G-The King

dashripdot
09-19-2010, 08:13 AM
I left out Tim Kerr, although only with the team for a short time, the Rangers haven't had many guys with great hands who were also willing to take a pounding in front of the net to score. I know he did it far more for the Flyers than the Rangers, but only Vickers and Graves as longtime Rangers come to mind as that type of player.

As for really old timers, I would like to have seen Bryan Hextall (Sr.) play during their 1940 cup run. Of course, if I had, I'd probably be dead by now.

nuyawka
09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I left out Tim Kerr, although only with the team for a short time, the Rangers haven't had many guys with great hands who were also willing to take a pounding in front of the net to score. I know he did it far more for the Flyers than the Rangers, but only Vickers and Graves as longtime Rangers come to mind as that type of player.

As for really old timers, I would like to have seen Bryan Hextall (Sr.) play during their 1940 cup run. Of course, if I had, I'd probably be dead by now.Are you really serious about Kerr? He was only a Ranger for 32 games with a 7/11/18pts line in '91-92. He was a FLYER for the previous 11 years! I mean c'mon!:confused:

soccer022491
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
G: Richter

D: Leetch
D: Zubov

LW: Graves
C: Messier
RW: Kovalev

Foge7
09-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Seperate from my list, I miss Prucha, something about him just made him so easy to like.

dashripdot
09-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Are you really serious about Kerr? He was only a Ranger for 32 games with a 7/11/18pts line in '91-92. He was a FLYER for the previous 11 years! I mean c'mon!:confused:

Yes. I was referring to his style of play, not the length of time he was with the team. I only wish the Rangers had had him for 11 seasons. In my original post I also said I liked Nilan as a Ranger and he only play 85 games with them.

MDfootball36
09-20-2010, 08:04 AM
G: Richter

D: Leetch
D:Beukeboom

LW: Nedved
C: Anson Carter (I mean come on:))
RW: Fleury

bsi
09-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Seperate from my list, I miss Prucha, something about him just made him so easy to like.

I always thought he got a raw deal here. Wish they had of kept him.

bsi
09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
My list

Richter
Leetch
Zubov
Graves
Messier
Gaborik(I realize he's new here, but I always loved the way he played, when he played, in Minny, was ecstatic that we were able to get him)

SLY WILLIAMS
09-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes. I was referring to his style of play, not the length of time he was with the team. I only wish the Rangers had had him for 11 seasons. In my original post I also said I liked Nilan as a Ranger and he only play 85 games with them.

I liked Nilan a lot. He helped refresh the team the season we got him.

Ballistik
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
C Mess
LW Gravey (Tikkanen)
Rw Jags (bure)
D Leetch
D Beukeboom
G Richter (Hank)

mrbill
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Pierre Larouche
Mike Rodgers
short time with Rangers
Talk about OLDDDDDDDDD memories

SLY WILLIAMS
09-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Pierre Larouche
Mike Rogers
short time with Rangers
Talk about OLDDDDDDDDD memories

I liked both former Rangers. Both guys played for the Hartford Whalers as well. :)

Isca92
09-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Mess
Graves/Tikkanen
Sundstrom even though he was only here a short time and didn't have the career you'd hope out of an 8th overall pick, I just like the way he played the game.
Leetch
Beukeboom
Richter

SLY WILLIAMS
09-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Mess
Graves/Tikkanen
Sundstrom even though he was only here a short time and didn't have the career you'd hope out of an 8th overall pick, I just like the way he played the game.
Leetch
Beukeboom
Richter

Did you know MZA played on the same team as him the last 2 seasons? :)

Isca92
09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Sure do and he had great things to say about MZA, another reason why im excited to see what MZA brings to the table.