PDA

View Full Version : Would it STING Lebron if D.Wade wins MVP?

KnicksGuard
09-09-2010, 09:11 AM
After winning the MVP the last 2 years, imagine if D.Wade wins reg. season MVP. What do you think ?

Keep it Friendly please.

pistonsfanomg
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't know

You ask him....

aussie
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
of course it would

JordansBulls
09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Why would it? In going to Miami Lebron is saying he wants to be the 2nd option and that he needs a proven winner who got the job done already as the man.

Sly Guy
09-09-2010, 10:00 AM
This is the kinda thing that I can see helping to destroy team chemistry. Just one of those 'what ifs' that put strain on the team, although it's not a certainty to happen, egos could potentially be the pitfall of the Heat.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I think Lebron would have it in back of his head, I mean both of these guys want to be the best, there's no way he will be 100% happy about it. As friends, I'm sure he'll be happy for Wade, but as basketball players, you have to assume he'll be at least a bit disappointed.

netsgiantsyanks
09-09-2010, 10:19 AM
well, yeah, from a basketball standpoint

Geargo Wallace
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
too bad LeBron is better than Wade so it won't happen

RaiderLakersA's
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
LBJ wouldn't care. He's out to win a title. However that comes about, so be it. Whomever gets the Finals MVP -- at least the first time -- so be it. He will eventually want to win a Finals MVP, but he's a young man and he has plenty of time to do that...or so he hopes.

xbrackattackx
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Why would it? In going to Miami Lebron is saying he wants to be the 2nd option and that he needs a proven winner who got the job done already as the man.

I like this answer. I'll go with this one.

MikeD FSQNY
09-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Wade wouldnt win MVP, if you play with Lebron James, who i personally think is better then him, and a top 5 big man (Bosh), you can never ever win MVP

Khalifa21
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM

Someone sounds bitter that LeBron passed on your Bulls and you had to settle for Boozer...

NYKalltheway
09-09-2010, 11:08 AM
do we care how Lebron feels? :D just let him do the talking on the court and leave the off-court & feelings for the tabloids

Ray_R
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Someone sounds bitter that LeBron passed on your Bulls and you had to settle for Boozer...

Maybe a little but this is the best anwser

tcav701
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
When he signed with Miami it must have crossed his mind that there is a good chance he is #2 in Miami. So at this point, I don't think it bothers him at all.

Ollie Tabooger
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM

I second this.

KnicksorBust
09-09-2010, 11:15 AM

I agree with JB. LeBron isn't wired the way we hoped he was. He had all the talent in the world but he settled for being 1 of 3 rather than being the one. If you told him today he Wade would win the MVP and the Heat would win championship. I don't think there is a chance he turns that down.

sep11ie
09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I think he'll be ok as long as Wade keeps his hands outta momma James's "cookie jar"...

beasted86
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
do we care how Lebron feels? :D just let him do the talking on the court and leave the off-court & feelings for the tabloids

THIS x 1,000,000,000

I'm 100% certain most of PSD is made up of females. How they love to gossip about off the court issues and re-post TMZ articles, and they just L-O-V-E to laugh and giggle about dick pics of players, it's all but a certainty most of these "guys" are just girls.

Ace33Bone
09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I dont see D. Wade winning an MVP with LeBron on his team because I honestly think that LBJ will be more valuable to the team than D Wade is. But if this somehow happens then i feel as though LBJ would be embarassed because the sole reason that Wade would win one is because he plays with LBJ

WITZ
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Queen James face when Wade won the allstar game MVP says it all no way he would be happy his Ego is to big.

MTar786
09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
i dont think lebron would care much if wade won reg season mvp. but i don know he would never let wade win finals mvp. he will play his hardest even if it makes him play worse, and even if its at the cost of the team. wade has one finals mvp.. lebron wont let wade win it again. Look at the 2004 nba finals. as much as i like kobe.. he was sick and tired of shaq winning finals mvp. they underestimated detroit and kobe thought he'd make sure he gets finals mvp this time. Payed hard to a fault which costed the team. At the end he looked ahead and lost not only the finals mvp.. but the finals too.

Chronz
09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Thats not what Wade said.

thescore53
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
wow i think lebron is the opposite of u guys potray him as. i dont think he cares as long as he wins. lebron is one of the nicest guys in the league

Ethix11
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
The team is throwing egos out the window. I think he would be happy to let his friend win MVP as long as he gets his ring and maybe a finals MVP..

thescore53
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM
THIS x 1,000,000,000

I'm 100% certain most of PSD is made up of females. How they love to gossip about off the court issues and re-post TMZ articles, and they just L-O-V-E to laugh and giggle about dick pics of players, it's all but a certainty most of these "guys" are just girls.

thats why i hate the media. and i hate how people love to believe what espn says no matter how outrages it is. right now theyre saying theres no way mello stays in denver.. everyone believes the story and not knowing the backstory or if denver can do anything.

MTar786
09-09-2010, 11:39 AM
wow i think lebron is the opposite of u guys potray him as. i dont think he cares as long as he wins. lebron is one of the nicest guys in the league

LOL.. Lebron?? is that you??

JordansBulls
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Best player in the league don't go join a player that is arguable best in the league and wins title as the best on his team already

ChiSox219
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Where's the guy that has the sig of Wade receiving the ASG MVP and Lebron in the background about to cry?

thescore53
09-09-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL.. Lebron?? is that you??

no. i just hate haters..... i respect lebron as a person. i mean why are lakers fans hating and starting groups titled "join if ur against the queens betrayel"

i mean some lakers fans were saying i cant wait to see lebron leave that helll hole.

this isnt a negative on all lakers fans cause their only a few that do this. lakers are prob second in this forum in basketball knowledge and love of the game to knicks fans.

Khalifa21
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Best player in the league don't go join a player that is arguable best in the league and wins title as the best on his team already

Since when was Wade ever arguably the best player in the league?

JB, you are completely delusional if you honestly think LeBron's choices this summer effects the ability he has on court...

Antipod
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
For a person with such an ego, he`ll be pissed

daleja424
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
if he wanted MVPs he would have stayed in cleveland. he wants NBA rings. thats all. it wouldnt bother him.

masTOR_shake1
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
i don't think he gave up his right to be "the man" in miami, he never said he needs help from a proven winner like d-wade. i was as pissed as any basketball fan when he chose miami, but i think we look toooo much into why he did it and say this and that about his legacy when it was just a good move for him to be happy in the present. amazing weather, good friends on the team and the chance win championship every single year.

sep11ie
09-09-2010, 01:19 PM
no. i just hate haters..... i respect lebron as a person. i mean why are lakers fans hating and starting groups titled "join if ur against the queens betrayel"

i mean some lakers fans were saying i cant wait to see lebron leave that helll hole.

this isnt a negative on all lakers fans cause their only a few that do this. lakers are prob second in this forum in basketball knowledge and love of the game to knicks fans.

Lol at I hate haters.

mikealike305
09-09-2010, 01:23 PM
i think both so i didnt vote, i think he'll be happy for Wade but i think in the back of his mad he'll but just a little upset it wasnt him

Chill_Will_24
09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Neither will win it. Kevin Durant will win it. Book it

Tony_Starks
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
If Wade won MVP and they got a chip out of the deal, I don't think Lebron would trip.

If he wins and Miami got surprised and lost, in the second round for example, I think it could become a point of contention.......

Chicagofaithful
09-09-2010, 01:43 PM
did you watch the all star game? he was making a fool of himself because he wanted it so bad... with that said, i think he can muster up some good feelings for his master

shep33
09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I think it'll bother him a bit. It shouldn't but it likely would. I think great players would be happy for their teammates winning, but at the same time wish it were themselves, and sometimes that person believes that he deserves it.

But still, I don't think either will get the MVP. If they put up say 70 wins... the voters would give it to Kobe or Durant if LA or OKC put up 65. And I think that's fair.

To be honest, this is what they asked for, so there should be no bickering. They wanted to win, said it wasn't for individual glory... so yeah don't argue about some individual award.

VinceCarter
09-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Neither will win it. Kevin Durant will win it. Book it

This.

silvio
09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
After winning the MVP the last 2 years, imagine if D.Wade wins reg. season MVP. What do you think ?

Keep it Friendly please.

Imagine if Kobe wins it.

2_Trill
09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
I cant wait til the season starts and nba 2k11 is in stores!

Jewelz0376
09-09-2010, 05:26 PM
If I were Lebron i'd be worried more about winning Finals Mvp than regular season mvp...I mean he's won back2back mvps...

If the Heat have a crazy regular season unless one out plays the other where its an obvious decision I could see a situation where its between Wade and Lebron for mvp...and I'm sure most voters would vote for Wade because Lebron won the previous 2... I'm sure Lebron would realize that..

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I think it would sting for any elite player as they are all elite because they want to be the best. But with that being said i can see both of them winning it at different points together in miami just depends on who plays better during the series.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 06:47 PM
nope. Why would it? LeBron has probably got another MVP season in him. But Wade may too. They have all made it clear at this point, its not about individuals. LeBron may have cost his chance at top 1-3 players ever with this move. That tells me he is putting that ring in front of anything else

Tony_Starks
09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
nope. Why would it? LeBron has probably got another MVP season in him. But Wade may too. They have all made it clear at this point, its not about individuals. LeBron may have cost his chance at top 1-3 players ever with this move. That tells me he is putting that ring in front of anything else

Thats all fine and dandy IF they win it all. If they don't get a ring then eventually it would have to bother him because they were going to keep giving him MVP's as long as he had his own show in Cleveland. It was his award to lose.

If they don't get a ring AND Wade gets MVP to boot, that would have to be a massave blow to his already gigantic ego. The media would spin it as "you went to WADES team, you didn't win, AND he's still the man."

_KB24_
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Where's the guy that has the sig of Wade receiving the ASG MVP and Lebron in the background about to cry?

The so-called cavemen on PSD need to update their computers, apparently my sig caused their browsers to freeze.

kjoke
09-09-2010, 06:58 PM
even as a heat fan, it proabably will piss him off, that being said will wade win mvp??? i dont think the media will allow it when lebrons on the team

Kashmir13579
09-09-2010, 07:16 PM
wow. who the **** cares

TO Rapz
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sick story man.

Guru™
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kDA5dGX2-9c/SvOh2Sk20EI/AAAAAAAAANc/6S_4rGYRWXk/s400/lebron+cying.jpg

WadeKobe
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM
The so-called cavemen on PSD need to update their computers, apparently my sig caused their browsers to freeze.

I don't think it had anything to do with "cavemen" oddly enough. I have a brand new mac-book pro with every single update and it still made my browser lag like crazy. I mean, it didn't freeze it up, but it made it lag like mad.

TO Rapz
09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kDA5dGX2-9c/SvOh2Sk20EI/AAAAAAAAANc/6S_4rGYRWXk/s400/lebron+cying.jpg

This is the post of the day. It fits perfectly with this thread. Well done sir. :clap:

8kobe24
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
He should be happy for his friend, otherwise he should have taken that into consideration before signing with the heat.

bbblack40
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree with JB. LeBron isn't wired the way we hoped he was. He had all the talent in the world but he settled for being 1 of 3 rather than being the one. If you told him today he Wade would win the MVP and the Heat would win championship. I don't think there is a chance he turns that down.

u say that like all of a sudden his talent is gone when he went to miami? thats crazy. look Wade will get mvp and finals mvp this yr. wade and lebron care about winning not who gets the individual stuff if that was the case lebron would still be with tha cavs.

bbblack40
09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
he will be happy for wade just like wade was happy for him(even tho they werent on the same team).

FadeAwayLikeMJ
09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
You're high if you think anyone would win MVP with LeBronze on the same team.

Evolution23
09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Miami is Wade's team now.. but wait until Lebron averages a triple double then we will see how Lebron will be the real MVP of that team.

TheTakeOver24
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
The media will not give Wade the MVP... Kevin Durant has becomes the medias child... He'll be takin LeBron's place as the most overhyped player in the NBA.

KnicksGuard
09-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Heat have 2 mini MJs, Knicks have none, and any one of them wins MVP be sure the other will feel alittle slighted.

Fmaranesi
09-10-2010, 09:26 AM
There is no way Wade would win the MVP over LeBron, he could possibly win the finals MVP but LeBron will always put up all around better stats then Wade.
Wade could score more points but Lebron will always have the advantage on Rebs and Assists which will put him above Wade. Their point differential won't be too far off from each others

Mile High Champ
09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I think it would be damn near hilarious. The King becoming the Queen to D.Wade.

JordansBulls
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Since when was Wade ever arguably the best player in the league?

JB, you are completely delusional if you honestly think LeBron's choices this summer effects the ability he has on court...

When he led his team to the title. Wade shows up in the finals, Lebron does not until proven otherwise.