PDA

View Full Version : Etnicity of Nba And Psd Nba Fandom

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 04:04 AM
I had never thought bout it but the theread about the "first dunk" where many peple declares they cant because they are white makes e think there is a weird difference betwen the league players ( 80% Black) and the league fandom.

Id like to know why does that happenż Specially when the league has Marketed itelf with an identification with Rap, Hip hope , street culture for more than a decade.

Are tickets too Expensive and the welath share in Usa still favours White poeple?

More whites have ( or care bout going into forums) Internet so the impression is not accurate to what happens in real life?

what do you thinK ?

IM putting aup a poll to check how many people is from each race, you dont need to say what you are in the posts, im not interested in tht at ALL, just nthe percentage, discuss th etopic.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 04:09 AM
crap , i wanted to add INative American to the poll........but whell dont think there are too many

abe_froman
09-09-2010, 04:13 AM
the country is majority white.so even an overwhelming majority of black population(80% since it reflects the league),would still pale to the numbers of say white fans,even if it was a vastly lower percentage of the demographic

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 04:23 AM
the country is majority white.so even an overwhelming majority of black population(80% since it reflects the league),would still pale to the numbers of say white fans,even if it was a vastly lower percentage of the demographic

its majority yes, but im thinking the majority in nba fans is higher, i have to wit to the opoll to get conculussions.

lamar2006
09-09-2010, 04:27 AM
wtf you put arabic as one of your choices yet you dont put latinos, hispanics as any of your choices. I can gurantee you there are more latinos posting here than their are arabic posters or even asians

abe_froman
09-09-2010, 04:31 AM
its majority yes, but im thinking the majority in nba fans is higher, i have to wit to the opoll to get conculussions.

ok think of it this way.you have a group of $10,say you get to take 100% of those..its still only $10.now on the other side of the table is pile of $100,now say you can only take 1/4 of that pile,thats still more money even if its only a fraction of the bigger pile.

so yes,the percentage of the population among blacks that like bball is very high,while the percentage amongst white who watch it is low.but you'll still have more fans that are white,just because that group has vastly more numbers to it

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 05:05 AM
wtf you put arabic as one of your choices yet you dont put latinos, hispanics as any of your choices. I can gurantee you there are more latinos posting here than their are arabic posters or even asians

latino, or hispanics are NOT a race.

They can Be Caucasian, Black, Mixed, Southamerican Native Indians, Arabic etc etc bu they dnt constitute a Race.

Latinos refers to their place of roots wich is Spanish speaking South/center America, Not etnicity.

bluefire7002
09-09-2010, 05:05 AM

yea wtf... I was looking for the Hispanic choice... did it not cross your mind? lol

bluefire7002
09-09-2010, 05:07 AM

They can Be Caucasian, Black, Mixed, Southamerican Native Indians, Arabic etc etc bu they dnt constitute a Race.

Latinos refers to their place of roots wich is Spanish speaking South/center America, Not etnicity.

WTF??? Parents are from Mexico... i was born in the US... I dont think i enter Caucasian nor Black NOR Mixed lol

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 05:09 AM
WTF??? Parents are from Mexico... i was born in the US... I dont think i enter Caucasian nor Black NOR Mixed lol

Mexico.

If you look like , say Lou diamond Philips your etnicity is Native(center) American, wich as i stated i forogt to put on the poll.

If you Look like say Thalia or Luis Miguel then you are caucasian.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 05:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_definitions_of_race

bluefire7002
09-09-2010, 05:12 AM
hahahah you should have put "none of the above" lol..
lol im closer to Luis Miguel but not putting Caucasian haha... My Hispanicism will not allow me lol

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 05:17 AM
hahahah you should have put "none of the above" lol..
lol im closer to Luis Miguel but not putting Caucasian haha... My Hispanicism will not allow me lol

I put all of the MAIn groups except for Native american wih i forgot.

Of course there are more differenes, its not exatly the same, a Japanese anda corean or an indonesian and a vietnamese.

But the thing with hispanics is Cultural not racial. M mother is from veneuela and in venezeula you got, Black people, White , People, NMixed people , Arabics and Native Americans , all of them "hispanic" but not from same race.

DodgerBulls
09-09-2010, 06:20 AM
are you drunk when you type this **** up? someone close this thread. Confusing POLL!

Mochalman
09-09-2010, 06:40 AM
this is going to start a PSD race war!

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 06:52 AM
this is going to start a PSD race war!

Why?

Its a simple question Why do ( if they do wich has to be proven by the poll) theleague atract more White fans than black fans if the eague is Blac player driven and the way it is marketed is black people apealing oriented?:

:confused: Waht has that to do with Race war???

MagicBucsSox
09-09-2010, 06:56 AM

wait so "Latino" qualifies as a race to select on any job application in the world but not to you and your poll? lol

if your your gonna talk research and look up stuff they you'd know everyone originated from one place. AFRICA

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 07:19 AM
wait s "Latino" qualifies as a race to select on any job application in the world but not to you and your poll? lol

if your your gonna talk research and look up stuff they you'd know everyone originated from one place. AFRICA

that theory is on dispute.

Any way i made the list on the generics, there rare much more races specifically if you read the wikipedia link , Mongoloid a mongoloid B etc etc etc .

But what is certain is there is no Latino Race. Its a culture .

In not going dto discuss why in usa it is used as a race when aplying to a job because that COULD INDEED lead to hicjacking the trhdead and turning it into something closeable.

Luis miguel or ricky martin race genetically wise are AS white caucasian as Justin Bieber.

Horford or Felipe lopez are as Black as Jesse Jackson.

They are Lations but they are from that races.

CheeznWingz
09-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Who ****ing cares what ehtnicity or race people are. Why is this even relevant to people? If you are a fan you are a fan and it doesn't matter what you look like. This thread is pointless.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Who ****ing cares what ehtnicity or race people are. Why is this even relevant to people? If you are a fan you are a fan and it doesn't matter what you look like. This thread is pointless.

i dont care for the indiviuduals thats why i asked ot discuss the matter and not express what you are in the posts, just vote in the poll to make statistics,

Antipod
09-09-2010, 07:44 AM
White, rest of the world(eastern europe)

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM
White, rest of the world(eastern europe)

ex-urrss? :) thats too vague.

Ray_R
09-09-2010, 07:55 AM

This should start our civil right movement for fair treatment in PSD.

Evolution23
09-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Hindi is a language btw not an ethnicity

BOSTON617
09-09-2010, 09:22 AM
i am white and proud lol but does it matter?

Raoul Duke
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm an eskimo.

But we prefer to be called "Inuit".

Avenged
09-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Interesting. I guess you guys view it different out there but up here, I don't know many Latinos/Hispanics who consider themselves Caucasian/black/indian or whatever it is. And you can rest assure many whites would have this look ---> :confused: if a "hispanic" were to say he was caucasian. :laugh2:

If I'm light skin, I'm caucasian? if I'm dark skin, I'm black? If I'm brown, I'm Indian? How does that work?

Raoul Duke
09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Lets just all colour code ourselves according to flavour.

If I'm light skin...

Peaches and cream.

if I'm dark skin...

Mocha.

If I'm brown...

Milk chocolate or Dulce de leche, whichever you prefer.

Niro
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
i am white and from germany :)

RaiderLakersA's
09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Racial profiling?

Where's the "all of the above" option?

Mr.Chi-Town
09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Racial profiling?

Where's the "all of the above" option?

where's the " none of the above" option ?

xbrackattackx
09-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Lets just all colour code ourselves according to flavour.

Peaches and cream.

Mocha.

Milk chocolate or Dulce de leche, whichever you prefer.

OMG Laughing way to much at this to be at work.

GMEN4EVER
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
And why is being semitic up there? You already have arab up there. That covers the entire region populated by semitic people. Oh, and if you're trying to say that as a if you're jew question, i'd love to know since when did being a jew count as a different race? Last time I checked that's a religion dumbass.

OG "Dee" LOCc
09-09-2010, 10:58 AM
dammn where all my ****** at

GMEN4EVER
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Lol, looking through the other posts I have to agree with most of them, this list in general is pathetic. No latino? Are you kidding me? You just neglected a whole continent, plus Mexico. Wow. And hindi is a language lol. If you're going to make a poll on ethnicity you might want to actually list the major ethnic groups of the world. Never seen someone split asia up that way. The normal way would be asian, pacific islander, and maybe Indian. Then you should have arabic, black, white, latino. And what's up with the seperating white people? We're all from the same continent moron, just some people a few centuries ago moved over here, that doesn't change your race when you're going with such a broad approach. The way you pick your spots where you want to be more specific, while ommitting other groups that are more pertinent just leads everyone else to think you're either an idiot or a racist *******, or both.

Rivera
09-09-2010, 11:20 AM
this is a very delicate topic

and crooner my friend i am sorry but u are wrong latino/hispanic is a race......when u apply for a job and have 2 place a checkmark for race hispanic is on the application

and here is a wiki piece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census

Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnicities, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino". In 1997, OMB issued a Federal Register Notice which provided revised racial and ethnic definitions.[5] OMB developed race and ethnic standards in order to provide "consistent data on race and ethnicity throughout the Federal Government. The development of the data standards stem in large measure from new responsibilities to enforce civil rights laws." Among the changes, OMB issued the instruction to "mark one or more races", after noting evidence of increasing numbers of interracial children and the desire to capture this increased diversity in a measurable way. Prior to this decision, the Census and other government data collections asked people to report only one race.[6]

and

The Federal government of the United States has mandated that "in data collection and presentation, federal agencies are required to use a minimum of two ethnicities: 'Hispanic or Latino' and 'Not Hispanic or Latino'."[13] The Census Bureau defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."[13] For discussion of the meaning and scope of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, see the Hispanic and Latino Americans and Racial and ethnic demographics of the United States articles.

Use of the word ethnicity for Hispanicity only is considerably more restricted than its conventional meaning, which covers other distinctions, some of which are covered by the "race" and "ancestry" questions. The distinct questions accommodate the possibility of Hispanic and Latino Americans' also declaring various racial identities (see also White Hispanic and Latino Americans, Asian Latinos, and Black Hispanic and Latino Americans).

In the 2000 Census, 12.5% of the US population reported "Hispanic or Latino" ethnicity and 87.5% reported "Not-Hispanic or Latino" ethnicity.[13]

[edit] Relation between ethnicity and race in census results

so sorry crooner as u can see latino/hispanic is a race

greg_ory_2005
09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
crooner, you f'd up the poll so badly

DCSportsIsPain
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
this is a very delicate topic

and crooner my friend i am sorry but u are wrong latino/hispanic is a race......when u apply for a job and have 2 place a checkmark for race hispanic is on the application

and here is a wiki piece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census

and

so sorry crooner as u can see latino/hispanic is a race

:facepalm:

Rivera
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM

wtf r u face palming....i provided a legit article n proof y 2 back my argument

ur facepalm can go to hell u racist mofo

Faneik
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Portuguese, white

Mr.Chi-Town
09-09-2010, 11:36 AM

DCSportsIsPain
09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
wtf r u face palming....i provided a legit article n proof y 2 back my argument

You posted a Wiki article stating that race and ethnicity are two different things, and that "Latino / Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race, to prove that Latino is a race. How do we simplify this? Cubans and Peruvians are not the same race, however they are the same ethnicity if we are defining their ethnicity as "Latino."

The argument some are making is like saying all Africans are the same, because they are all from the same continent. While they may all be the same skin color (and actually, they are not), they are far from the same race. I happen to be Lebanese, and Arabian. Trust me when I say all Arabs are not the same and would resent being lumped together under one term, "Arab."

This is also entirely tangential to the actual question being asked in the thread.

Gators123
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
White

AIsixersFK
09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
someone please close this thread before we have a race revolution on psd

Rivera
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
You posted a Wiki article stating that race and ethnicity are two different things, and that "Latino / Hispanic" is an ethnicity, not a race, to prove that Latino is a race. How do we simplify this? Cubans and Peruvians are not the same race, however they are the same ethnicity if we are defining their ethnicity as "Latino."

The argument some are making is like saying all Africans are the same, because they are all from the same continent. While they may all be the same skin color (and actually, they are not), they are far from the same race. I happen to be Lebanese, and Arabian. Trust me when I say all Arabs are not the same and would resent being lumped together under one term, "Arab."

This is also entirely tangential to the actual question being asked in the thread.

umm if u are from africa u are african then the country u r from (ex ghana) would make u Ghanaians which is ur ethnicity

race = african ethnicity = ghanians

race = hispanic/latinos ethnicity = Puerto Rican (which is mines)

u have no idea what u are talkin about

asandhu23
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
There is no option for "True Aryan"

Gambeezy
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
1. Stop spelling it etnicity -- it's "ethnicity"
2. Hispanic and Latino are not a race, but they ARE an ethnicity. Now, the original thread title asks for your ethnicity while the poll question queries race. What's it going to be boss?

I'm Puerto Rican so I suppose I'd pick mixed (rest of the world) for race since race is the actual poll question.

NYKNYGNYY
09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
awful lotta honkeys in here lol

Sadds The Gr8
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
in before close

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
umm if u are from africa u are african then the country u r from (ex ghana) would make u Ghanaians which is ur ethnicity

race = african ethnicity = ghanians

race = hispanic/latinos ethnicity = Puerto Rican (which is mines)

u have no idea what u are talkin about

your article on wiki says it perfectly

HIspanic/atino or wahtev er you want to call it is a ETHNICS that englobes people of Diferente RACES:

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
There is no option for "True Aryan"

:clap:

Right on the money but tht would create a chaos!!!!!!!!

I forgot Gypsis too, but they are part of yours in their past i think.

NYKNYGNYY
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
this is stupid and im suprised no fights have broken out

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Put ur L in tha air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYKNYGNYY
god dam crackers

AIMelo=KillaDUO
brown Pride!!!

willsayanything

1) This would be a case where having the correct answer is in fact ignorant, and blind.

2) Concepts like these can be useful, but when they are not AND the concept itself becomes more important than the intended data gathering-or the quest for dialogue and community AND it becomes a reason (excuse really) to do 'battle,' THEN it seems clear that, perhaps without being aware of it, the 'battle' was the goal all along.

3) Efforts to be correct about race amount to blood content. The concept of pure blood is pretend correctness the minute you go back two or three generations.

4) Ancestrally, we have 32 progenitors 5 generations back. It doubles. Six generations back it's 64, then 128. Seven generations back there are 128 people to whom you owe your existence. That's a lot of mixed blood.

5) It can be instructive how quickly pride of race can obliterate a dudes pride of humanity.

6) Golden State=playoffs

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
And why is being semitic up there? You already have arab up there. That covers the entire region populated by semitic people. Oh, and if you're trying to say that as a if you're jew question, i'd love to know since when did being a jew count as a different race? Last time I checked that's a religion dumbass.

There are Jews fro m many races. since its religion.

And the difference is because even if they Both, come from a same barcnhh in origion their destinys were very different, Jews went Europe mixing themselves with ROmans, Goths, Celtics etc before coming back to isreale. Arabs mixed themselves with Berbers (north africa) Iranians and etc so right now they are not exactly the same.

Gators123
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
awful lotta honkeys in here lol

god dam crackers

Racist.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
1) This would be a case where having the correct answer is in fact ignorant, and blind.

2) Concepts like these can be useful, but when they are not AND the concept itself becomes more important than the intended data gathering-or the quest for dialogue and community AND it becomes a reason (excuse really) to do 'battle,' THEN it seems clear that, perhaps without being aware of it, the 'battle' was the goal all along.

3) Efforts to be correct about race amount to blood content. The concept of pure blood is pretend correctness the minute you go back two or three generations.

4) Ancestrally, we have 32 progenitors 5 generations back. It doubles. Six generations back it's 64, then 128. Seven generations back there are 128 people to whom you owe your existence. That's a lot of mixed blood.

5) It can be instructive how quickly pride of race can obliterate a dudes pride of humanity.

6) Golden State=playoffs

"pure blood " is almsot unexistant right now except for a very few tribes in the Amazonas and some islands of the pacific, but there are generic races that you can trace easily from 2 or 3 generations.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
this is stupid and im suprised no fights have broken out

why should they?

As long as no stupid *** comes and says Race A is better than Rae B no fights should happen.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the Hispanics voting? Cause I really can't find a group for us. :laugh2:

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Out of curiosity, what are the Hispanics voting? Cause I really can't find a group for us. :laugh2:

You lok like ricky martin? caucassic

You look llike AL Horfrod? Blacjk

You look like RObin Lopez and Brook= ? Mixed.

Storch
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
This is a stupid poll, a lot of races aren't even up there.

Filipino.

junion
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
black
white
asian
latino
other

i don't think the poll would be helpful if it's like

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
This is a stupid poll, a lot of races aren't even up there.

Filipino.

asiatic rest of asia.

Unless your grandpa and grandmo, and parents are both white spanish colonials and you are caucasic.

D-Will4Prez
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Hellcrooner fail. No hispanic in their right mind is going to vote for any of these.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 01:02 PM

That's just basing off of color and that's not correct. I know plenty of Hispanic families who's children are either dark skin and light skin with parents varying as well. What does that mean? it doesn't mean the son is Caucasian and the daughter is Indian. I'm not really going to get into it, but that's wrong.

td0tsfinest
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
i'm tamil :D

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
That's just basing off of color and that's not correct. I know plenty of Hispanic families who's children are either dark skin and light skin with parents varying as well. What does that mean? it doesn't mean the son is Caucasian and the daughter is Indian. I'm not really going to get into it, but that's wrong.

that means thy are MIXED wich is pret comon in "hispanic" countrys and USA too. :confused:

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 01:07 PM
btw if anything i did a SMALL sample poll.

Genetically there are like 100 races.

The indians in Bolivia are not the same than the indians in Ecuador and not the same than the indians in Guatemala.

The black people from SOuth Africa does not have any thing wiht the Blacks in SOmalia otr the blacks in NIgeria.

IRish White is not exactlyhe seame than Enlgish white or SPanisy/portugal(italy/France White etc etc etc.

CHnese are not exatly the same than Japanese etc tc.

J_M_B
09-09-2010, 01:07 PM

J_M_B
09-09-2010, 01:08 PM
This thread needs to be closed, now.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
that means thy are MIXED wich is pret comon in "hispanic" countrys and USA too. :confused:

Mixed of what? Lets say the father is Mexican and the mother is Mexican.. Not really a mixture there in my opinion. I mean, when it's the same family, you can't classify a son one thing, and a daughter another.

But like many have said, you could have just added: Whites, Blacks, Indian, Hispanics, Asians, etc.. Instead of getting way too into detail.

AIsixersFK
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
why should they?

As long as no stupid *** comes and says Race A is better than Rae B no fights should happen.

I'm tellin you right now.....Race A is better than Race B :)

J_M_B
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM

I didn't even vote because, according to the OP, latinos should be classified by the color of their skin.

I'm Cuban, and I'm definitely not black nor caucasian.

DCSportsIsPain
09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe we should just regress back to the 1700's with their five race theory:

1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian And Oceanic)
4) Negroid (East African Black)
5) Capoid (South African Black)