PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1 Predictions.

furmat60
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Here we go! My predicted winners I put in bold :) Post em people!

Vikings @ Saints - In a lot of cases, receivers make the QB...but not with Farve. Farve makes receivers better. The Saints struggled this off season, but the Vikings have lost Sidney Rice. I think the Vikings should come away with a close win here in the opener.

Browns @ Bucs - Two of the worst teams play each other. Which is worse? Browns tried to get better at different positions, which they accomplished. The Bucs, however, only really got better in their secondary. Browns win game 1.

Dolphins @ Bills - The Bills only got better at one position, and that was with the edition of CJ Spiller. Trent Edwards is far from an elite QB, and the Bills have too many holes to fill. Dolphins easily get the win here.

Bengals @ Patriots - Tom Brady is lying when he says he isn't concerned about his contract...he's trying to stay politically correct towards the media...just like the patriots whole organization. With that said, that isn't going to stop him from producing. Patriots get the win here.

Colts @ Texans - Matt Shaub has been getting better and better. Andre Johnson was the leading receiver last year....but Payton Manning has thrown for over 4,000 yards in 9 of his last 10 seasons, and I don't see him stopping anytime soon. Colts get the win in this high scoring game.

Broncos @ Jaguars - With all the injuries the Broncos have sustained, it's going to be tough to get the win, but I think they pull it off here in week 1.

Falcons @ Steelers - The Steelers defense crumbled last year. After winning the Super Bowl, they failed to make the playoffs. With Big Ben out for 4 games, it's going to be tough. I don't see them beating the Falcons....even at home.

Raiders @ Titans - Raiders have improved, but they aren't going anywhere until Al Davis quits being a buffoon. Last year's MVP isn't going to slow down, and Vince Young was 8-2 last year as a starter to finish out the year. Titans get the easy win.

Panthers @ Giants - I think they Giants aren't going to be much better from last year, but the Panthers will be. Panthers get the win.

Lions @ Bears - Lions have gotten better...but so have the Bears. Cutler will have a better grasp on his INT situation, and it only gets better with the edition of Mike Martz as the offensive coordinator. Bears get the win.

Cardinals @ Rams - I'm picking the Cardinals on this one. It isn't even a contest...though the Rams will continue to improve, but even with the shaky situation at QB for the Cardinals, they have so many weapons on offense to help balance that out.

Packers @ Eagles - Aaron Rodgers will continue to impress, and with Donald Driver having 6 strait 1,000+ yard seasons, I just don't think the Eagles can pull this off.

49ers @ Seahawks - 49ers are gonna be good this year. Damn good. But the the Seahawks totally revamping everything, and it being the first game of the season against a division rival, Quest Field is going to be VERY loud. That doesn't help the 49ers when they have a few rookies on the line, too. I don't think Alex Smith can produce, and with Seattle's run defense making huge strides and their edition of Earl Thomas at Safety, it's going to be tough for Gore and Smith. Seahawks open the season with a win here at home.

Cowgirls @ Redskins - I don't think Haynesworth will be starting, and that is going to hurt their pass rush. I want the Redskins to win, but I'm very skeptical. Romo is a choke artist, but they have a lot of weapons on offense. But, I'm going out on a limb here....with my upset pick of the week, the Redskins get the win over the Cowgirls.

Ravens @ Jets - With the edition of TJ Housh, Joe Flacco is going to have a lot of targets, but Revis is back...and there is a reason why he has his own island and a revamped contract. Even though Sanchez is going to have 2 INT's this game, their defense and rushing attack win the game for the Jets.

Chargers @ Chiefs - This is a rhetorical question. Even with Vincent Jackson out for 3+ games, Phillip Rivers + any receiver= TD's. Chargers easily get the win here.

Ian.
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowgirls @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

I can't believe I picked the Lambs.

ccg34
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

House
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

W@rH@wk
09-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

furmat60
09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

That would be interesting to see only 4 home teams get a win!

crzyhawk
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

NateyB24
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins @ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers @ Chiefs

bruser23
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Vikings @ Saints

Browns @ Bucs

Dolphins@ Bills

Bengals @ Patriots

Colts @ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars

Falcons @ Steelers

Raiders @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants

Lions @ Bears

Cardinals @ Rams

Packers @ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks

Cowboys @ Redskins

Ravens @ Jets

Chargers@ Chiefs

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
09-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Vikings @ Saints by 23

Browns @ Bucs by 3

Dolphins by 15 @ Bills

Bengals by 13 @ Patriots

Colts by 2@ Texans

Broncos @ Jaguars by 3

Falcons by 13 @ Steelers

Raiders by 3 @ Titans

Panthers @ Giants by 10

Lions by 13 @ Bears

Cardinals by 10 @ Rams

Packers by 10@ Eagles

49ers @ Seahawks by 3

Cowboys @ Redskins by 6

Ravens by 3 @ Jets

Chargers by 19 @ Chiefs

bruser23
09-10-2010, 12:32 AM
i'm going to repick I'm calling Saints by 5...

furmat60
09-10-2010, 08:29 AM
i'm going to repick I'm calling Saints by 5...

Haha, funny!

shen
09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Browns @ Bucs
Dolphins @ Bills
Bengals @ Pats
Colts @ Texans(been close for years and this is when they do it)
Broncos @ Jags
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Titans
Panthers @ Giants
Lions @ Bears(Bears still have Cutler and Lions had good off season)
Cardinals @ Rams
Packers @ Eagles
49ers @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Redskins
Ravens @ Jets(Jets are not going to be very good this year. to much change. Flaco has to many weapons for Jets to cover)
Chargers @ Chiefs

NateyB24
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I had a real hard time between the Jets and Ravens not going to change my decision but the Jets got aloooooot better with Reevis back.

shen
09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Revis makes them tons better. I just think they made to many changes. They went and got flash over substance this off season and just don't think it will end well.

NateyB24
09-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Revis makes them tons better. I just think they made to many changes. They went and got flash over substance this off season and just don't think it will end well.

I think the Jets have the better WR the ones who will burn you in Edwards and Holmes of course Holmes isn't playing for the first 4 games the Ravens have more slot recievers Housh,Boldin one other im forgetting but the Ravens have the more consistent QB Sanchez was carried last year until the playoffs.

House
09-10-2010, 02:09 PM

Revis definitely helped them, only problem is Revis ain't going to be able to cover Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzadeh himself...

shen
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM
That is point I made in earlier post.

NateyB24
09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Revis definitely helped them, only problem is Revis ain't going to be able to cover Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzadeh himself...

Why not? Housh is a chains mover not going to burn you and Mason is not that much of a weapon anymore and Boldin is the same type of reciever as Housh just that Boldin has YAC ability and Housh doesn't.

House
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Why not? Housh is a chains mover not going to burn you and Mason is not that much of a weapon anymore and Boldin is the same type of reciever as Housh just that Boldin has YAC ability and Housh doesn't.

I was simply saying Revis can't cover 3 guys. The Ravens are going to be a short pass, move the sticks offense. The 3 WRs, Ray Rice and Todd Heap are going to get TONS of catches and they'll just pass the ball to whoever Revis isn't covering.