PDA

View Full Version : Who would win a 7 game series: The current team USA, or the Miami Heat?

AI4MVP
09-08-2010, 06:41 PM
^^?

Iggz53
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Team USA and it's really not even a contest at all.

The only way Miami would have any chance is if they practiced for a year and Team USA just came together without any scrimmages.

daleja424
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I dont know. you are talking about 3 team usa starters vs guys that wouldnt even make the team another year in most cases. It would actually be close. But LA and Boston could hang with them too. I actually think that any of those three could beat team usa...

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
seriously??? the heat would probably win one game... it really wouldn't be a challenge, what a silly thread...

John Walls Era
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I actually think it would be closer than some think. Wade, Lebron and Bosh could all start for the current USA team. I think the Lakers and Magic could hang in there as well.

ackar
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
wow such.......................

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are team USA starters. If they come back these current players on their positions won't make the team. It will be close for the fact that Miami doesn't have the depth (Bench) that team usa has. But again it'll be really really close and could go either way.

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
I dont know. you are talking about 3 team usa starters vs guys that wouldnt even make the team another year in most cases. It would actually be close. But LA and Boston could hang with them too. I actually think that any of those three could beat team usa...

LOL, in your dreams maybe. they arent playing nba rules, so , you don't know what they woukd really look like... also, they are a team of all star caliber players, so, its very hard for them to jell and develop good chemistry in such a short period of time... if TEAM USA WAS A REGULAR NBA TEAM, THEY WOULD ALREADY BE SLATED AS THE 2010-2011 nba champions...

Iggz53
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Except Bosh wasn't a starter and Team USA's depth would demolish Miami. Billups on Wade and Iguodala on LeBron would be enough to slow them down and on offense, they would wreak havoc.

daleja424
09-08-2010, 06:58 PM
LOL, in your dreams maybe. they arent playing nba rules, so , you don't know what they woukd really look like... also, they are a team of all star caliber players, so, its very hard for them to jell and develop good chemistry in such a short period of time... if TEAM USA WAS A REGULAR NBA TEAM, THEY WOULD ALREADY BE SLATED AS THE 2010-2011 nba champions...

maybe in 3 years... that team is still young, inexperienced, and raw. No doubt team usa has a lot of talent, but you are either overrating team usa or underrating legit nba teams IMO.

haggis
Except Bosh wasn't a starter and Team USA's depth would demolish Miami. Billups on Wade and Iguodala on LeBron would be enough to slow them down and on offense, they would wreak havoc.

^this

i can't believe this is a thread...

slyone_nyc
Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are team USA starters. If they come back these current players on their positions won't make the team.

what does that have to do with anything, you guys are missing one KEY fact, TEAM USA HAS A BENCH OFF ALL STAR CALIBER PLAYERS... they wont fall of when the bench comes in, we all know miami will.

daleja424
09-08-2010, 06:59 PM

lmao... righttttt....

daleja424
09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
lol at the depth argument. In a 40 minutes FIBA game Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would be off the court 2-4 minutes MAX and the rotation would be down to 7 (and Miami has a very very good top 7)

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
maybe in 3 years... that team is still young, inexperienced, and raw. No doubt team usa has a lot of talent, but you are either overrating team usa or underrating legit nba teams IMO.

maybe your not realising they have westbrook and DURANT(top 5 player in the league) who had LA on the ropes. Billups, inexperienced??? rose inexperienced??? lamar odom inexperienced??? maybe YOU'RE UNDERRATING THEM...

commonsense12
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
All i can say to the Miami fans is that you better win this year because almost all of you think you are unbeatable.

Team USA would kill miami because of depth alone, its stupid to make any other argument. Miami gets owned at PG and C. Not even close

John Walls Era

Bosh didn't start because they had no depth at C. Also I believe Lebron and Melo (either 1) started at PF. But Bosh could start for this the 2010 team.

How can Billups slow Wade down? Iguodala is also not known for his D.

JARVIS123

Billups on Wade and Iguodala on LeBron would be enough to slow them down,HA HA you got jokes.

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
lol at the depth argument. In a 40 minutes FIBA game Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would be off the court 2-4 minutes MAX and the rotation would be down to 7 (and Miami has a very very good top 7)

what are you talking about I SAID THEY ARENT PLAYING WITH NBA RULES, IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD LOOK A LOT DIFFERENT AND MIAMI ONLY HAS 5 PLAYERS!!!

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
what does that have to do with anything, you guys are missing one KEY fact, TEAM USA HAS A BENCH OFF ALL STAR CALIBER PLAYERS... they wont fall of when the bench comes in, we all know miami will.

WTF!?! Why are you sporting with my post. If you ever quote someone's post then quote the whole post. Go back, read the whole post where I talked about team USA's DEPTH, and edit/delete your post.

daleja424
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM

and who on team usa's bench has made an all-star game? Granger is the only guy and he doesnt even play in the main rotation.

team usa has combined for 8 all-star appearance (Durant 1, Rose 1, Granger 1, Billups 5).

the miami heat has combined for 21 appearances (James 6, Wade 6, Bosh 5, Big Z 2, Magloire 1, Howard 1)

wanna throw titles around, please do the research first.

The Final Boss
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Lakers in 6.

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 07:10 PM

:laugh::crazy::bang::facepalm:

xxcubs22xx
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
This thread is ********.

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
WTF!?! Why are you sporting with my post. If you ever quote someone's post then quote the whole post. Go back, read the whole post where I talked about team USA's DEPTH, and edit/delete your post.

sporting with your post??? wtf are you talking about...

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM

sporting with your post??? wtf are you talking about... dont come at me with disrespect...

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
sporting with your post??? wtf are you talking about... dont come at me with disrespect...

You didn't even read this whole ****ing post. I wish PSD had more mature people and people that had good comprehension skills.

you quoted part of my post saying team usa's depth would kill miami, which I already discussed in my first post. You didn't read the whole post becuase you wouldn't quote me if you did read OR your english comprehension skills are too week. That's what I meant.

And I didn't go quote you first ignorant dumbass. You did.

sp1derm00
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Team USA would win easily in FIBA play. In the NBA, not so much.

RaiderLakersA's
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
and who on team usa's bench has made an all-star game? Granger is the only guy and he doesnt even play in the main rotation.

team usa has combined for 8 all-star appearance (Durant 1, Rose 1, Granger 1, Billups 5).

the miami heat has combined for 21 appearances (James 6, Wade 6, Bosh 5, Big Z 2, Magloire 1, Howard 1)

I don't think All Star appearances amount to much. All the other guy is going to do is mention how many players on Team USA have rings and this spat will spin out of control.

On balance, both Miami and Team USA are works in progress. They haven't completely jelled. Advantage, neither.

Miami has individual talent in Wade and LeBron that can't be matched by Team USA. Bosh is a nonfactor, because there are players on Team USA who can negate what he brings to the table. Still, advantage Miami.

Once you get beyond the obvious Wade & LeBron advantage, things get skewed in favor of Team USA. Especially since this isn't an individual sport at the FIBA level.

Team USA has one hell of a coach. Advantage Team USA.

Team USA has a deeper bench with more versatility. Why is this important? Injuries. It wasn't too long ago that people were throwing around the "Wade is fragile," allegations. And contrary to what some of you may think, even Wade and LeBron will need to rest in a 7 game series.

Finally, Team USA would undoubtedly present the problem of the leaky dam for Miami. Any one of those players on the Team USA roster could get hot and light it up. Miami only has so many resources to plug a hole with, and may find that there are just too many holes to plug in a 7 game series. Advantage Team USA.

daleja424
09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
...and why can't you have a grown up conversation? A person who resorts to insults in making an argument usually doesn't have a very good argument...

Its sad that some people can't have a rational argument and support their argument with facts...

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
all star caliber players make all star games bud... I can read just fine. I prefer not to talk in subjective terms. Whether you think a guy is "all star caliber" is not really relavent, b/c people have different opinions. You say they are all-star caliber, I say they havent made an all-star team yet, so clearly they ARENT.

lol, nevertheless i never said they had all stars on the bench and you made it seem as if i did, smh... doesnt matter if you werent talking in subjective terms, i was...

slyone_nyc
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
now please go back and edit/delete your stupid post where you quoted me becuase of your immaturity.

Edit: Next time read slowly, understand, make your reasoning, and finally quote. Thanks.

lame^^^

daleja424
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't think All Star appearances amount to much. All the other guy is going to do is mention how many players on Team USA have rings and this spat will spin out of control.

On balance, both Miami and Team USA are works in progress. They haven't completely jelled. Advantage, neither.

Miami has individual talent in Wade and LeBron that can't be matched by Team USA. Bosh is a nonfactor, because there are players on Team USA who can negate what he brings to the table. Still, advantage Miami.

Once you get beyond the obvious Wade & LeBron advantage, things get skewed in favor of Team USA. Especially since this isn't an individual sport at the FIBA level.

Team USA has one hell of a coach. Advantage Team USA.

Team USA has a deeper bench with more versatility. Why is this important? Injuries. It wasn't too long ago that people were throwing around the "Wade is fragile," allegations. And contrary to what some of you may think, even Wade and LeBron will need to rest in a 7 game series.

Finally, Team USA would undoubtedly present the problem of the leaky dam for Miami. Any one of those players on the Team USA roster could get hot and light it up. Miami only has so many resources to plug a hole with, and may find that there are just too many holes to plug in a 7 game series. Advantage Team USA.

Thankyou. I can respect this. While we differ in opinion, you actually made an argument. Its hard to respond to someone who just hurtles insults.

Anyways, like I said before, in a 40 minute game depth is somewhat negated. There is no real advantage in the middle for team usa, because joel anthony is a good defender and team usa can't overwhelm him with size. Bosh is the best big man on either team as well. I think this is a lot closer than people think it is.

sp1derm00
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM

Meaningful titles:

Wade 1, Haslem 1

Odom 2, Billups 1

caddiemaster
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
No contest,Team u.S.A would win over and over again!Miami is one injury away from mediocre!I think they kinda suck,and I hope they all get injured!Even coach riley!

daleja424
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Meaningful titles:

Wade 1, Haslem 1

Odom 2, Billups 1

fiba gold medals...

wade 1, lebron 1, bosh 1

to ZERO

whats ur point?

Rivera
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
umm no sorry

no they cant team USAs depth would kill the miami heat and make them win by 20!!!

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM
quoted you because of my immaturity, lmfao, you take this too serious you harvard graduate, lol, cant wait to see your newly found team fail...

Keep praying. We'll see in just like couple of months. Your hate is not gonna stop the unprecedented group of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, etc. I am done responding you dude. Have fun with infractions.

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
No contest,Team u.S.A would win over and over again!Miami is one injury away from mediocre!I think they kinda suck,and I hope they all get injured!Even coach riley!

A true NBA/basketball fan. Proud to have you here on PSD.

samevans7
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
It says a 7 game series. There will be a point where the whole backups will be in. So who would you rather have:

Carlos Arroyo-Mike Miller-James Jones- Udonis Haslem- Zyndrunas Ilgauskas

or

Russell Westbrook-Eric Gordon-Andre Iguodala- Danny Granger- Kevin Love?

all though undersized, team USA easily.

And when its normal lineups, Durant stopped Kobe, he can stop LeBron. Billups can hold Wade to prob. 16 pts, bc Billups is very good on D. Chandler is a good enough defender to hold off Bosh somewhat. And having Mario Chalmers guard Chauncey Billups or Derrick Rose is not a good idea, not is having Joel Anthony or Bosh on Rudy Gay.

USA would sweep, easily

BigEasy1323
09-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow I am disappointed I read this. It would be interesting to see some arguments for both sides that don't end in insults. I may add though that Miami has yet to win anything so I wonder why they were chose. Maybe the Lakers? (I am aware Boston and Orlando were brought up)

SchyGuy11
09-08-2010, 07:48 PM
this is easy team USA they have so many options, Heat have 3 options, they wouldn't stand a chance

xBLAMEITON24x
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
USA easily.

fadedmario
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Heat - But it would be close

Avenged
09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Lebron and Wade can play a full game without rest and still take over a game.

Still though, Billups and Durant together would do some damage. Durant being one of the best players in the league and Billups being a top PG with plenty of experience. They have versatile players, good rebounders, and very good guards. Most of the guys on team USA are the main guys in their respective teams or the #2 option. On top of that they have a good coaching staff.

In a 48 minute game, 7 game series, I'll go with team U.S.A. I would not be surprised to see Lebron/Wade win them the series though, their talent cannot be denied.

Jewelz0376
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
FIBA rules with 40 min clock and being allowed to hand check it would be closer, but if its a 7 game series NBA rules then no way the Heat win...For the simple fact that Wade and Lebron would be in constant foul trouble having to guard Gay, Durant, Iggy, Granger, etc...

mvb815
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
i think the celtics would have a better chance than the heat at beating team usa with their defense and huge front court

DodgerBulls
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
unless lbj, wade, bosh can play 48 mins then they can hang.

Baller1
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Daleja, just stop. Every single one of your posts is either making Miami seem untouchable (I'm on LeBron/Miami's side, and you're making me want to not be) or discrediting any other team.

Iggz53
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
lmao... righttttt....

Oh good point

bedford1829
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Im taking team USA, even when the Heat get to play together and develop some cohesion I still like Team USA.

Im not even making the irresponsible assumption that the Heat win their conference this year.

chris34
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
This is just stupid. USA would kill the Heat.

tredigs
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I love how emotional so many of the posters are about this hypothetical... WOOOOOOSAH.

All things considered, it would be a damn close series/game. If this Team USA had dominant bigs to supplement their elite PG/wings, then this would be a different discussion. The naysayers act like Lebron/Bosh/Wade couldn't play 40+ minutes a game (they could). Hell, LBJ has averaged 42+ minutes a game for multiple seasons. I don't know/care who would win, but in all likelihood it would be a close matchup. You're talking about arguably the two best players in the world and a big who is better than any of Team USA's... let's just say that I would not bet against that squad.

AsiandudePH
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Bosh didn't start because they had no depth at C. Also I believe Lebron and Melo (either 1) started at PF. But Bosh could start for this the 2010 team.

How can Billups slow Wade down? Iguodala is also not known for his D.

Not really, brah.

Iguodala was not known as a scorer when he first came to the league. AI was their offense and Iggy was their defense back then. Just FYI.

Anyway, the fictional game would be tightly contested, team USA would win depending on the phase of the game IMO.

Having Durant, Westbrook, Rose and Iggy (and who else?) filling in the lanes on a fast break is like watching an F1 race. Granted Wade and Lebron can run with 'em, still the numbers would go Team USA's way.

On a half court game, Heat IMO would dominate. Outside the three-headed Heat monster, none of the Heat's players have more than average defense, though. Correct me if I'm wrong. If the game goes fast, I say Team USA. If it goes down the wire, I would still go for Team USA as they have a lot of big time clutch players compared to Miami's 2 (Wade and Bron).

heyman321
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM

Lol that's a terrible argument. The heat has more appearances simply by virtue of them being in the league longer than most of the young team USA. And the other guy was foolish for throwing all star appeances in anyways.

AznBallers03
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Miami Heat will Win lol....

Ok Current Usa team Win by 1 Vs....Spain WITHOUT Pau Gasol!!!
Usa Won by 2 Vs brazil....
Spain Lineup

Pg=Calderon(Got Injured At the End)=Rubio 4th quarter
Sg=Navarro Avrg In Nba 11-12ppg but pretty Good and CLutch
Sf=Rudy Fernandez or (es) i 4get lol
PF= Jorge Garbajosa
C=Marc Gasol Pretty good Big Men (Lot of potentiel at C in Nba)

They Lost by 1 VS Usa....

Brasil Lineup.....PG=Marcaelo Huertas... SG barbosa(Only Nba Player)...Sf Alex Garcia(Not Bad) C=Tiago SPlitter Draft By spurs... or sumthing the otehr dude 4get and usa starting 5... Odom,KD,Iggy,Billups,Drose
They Win by 2 vs brasil...

Heat C.Z.lgskus(somthing lik that lol )PF Cb4 3.Lebron James 2.Dwayne Wade 1. Chalmers(Good Defender)
SO heat will Kill Usa on rebound and Size Lebron will use his speed for the fast break n stuff... SO I believe that Heat have a really High Chance to Win vs Usa....N Celtics Might Lose Becoz the Current Usa They are like the Orlando of 2009 that Make alot of 3 and fastbreak wich was one of Boston Weakneast and Lakers they can prolly beat the curernt Usa coz of the Size ofc if they have Bynum Healthy...

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Lol that's a terrible argument. The heat has more appearances simply by virtue of them being in the league longer than most of the young team USA. And the other guy was foolish for throwing all star appeances in anyways.

that was kinda his point, he was showing him how dumb his arguement was.

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Also funny how people use the all stars and depth arugment to say it wouldnt even be close yet teams like Spain and argentina who have little to no nba allstars can compete with team usa. Irony or hipocrisy? Seems like the blind hate for the HEAT strikes again.

kjoke
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
:facepalm:

heats lineup

arroyo (team puerto rico)
wade (team usa)
lebron( team usa)
bosh (team usa)
joel (team canada)

thats an all world line uo !

pistonsfanomg
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
lol

Chalmers
Wade
LBJ
Bosh
Haslem

vs
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Tyson Chandler

Give me USA by 15+ Plz

Knicks21
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
No question, team usa no contest at all

still1ballin
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Team USA and its not close

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
lol

Chalmers
Wade
LBJ
Bosh
Haslem

vs
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Tyson Chandler

Give me USA by 15+ Plz

:facepalm:

Lets see Redeem team

Wade
Kobe
Lebron
Bosh
Howard

vs

Spain in the championship game

R Fernandez
J Navarro
C Jimenez
F Reyes
P Gasol

and that was a close game yet you think a team much worse and less experienced than the redeem team would blow out a team that essentially has 3 of the best players from of its gold metal team on it. :facepalm: Does that really make sense to you?

daleja424
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Daleja, just stop. Every single one of your posts is either making Miami seem untouchable (I'm on LeBron/Miami's side, and you're making me want to not be) or discrediting any other team.

my apologies. I would just like for people to make rational arguments and think about things objectively before blurting out an answer. It has been a summer where a majority of people have started blindly hating the heat, so I try to point out the facts to people. If that bothers you, I'm sorry, but I am not going to stop putting the facts out there to satisfy you baller. If you choose to hate Miami/Lebron that is your decision... and you certainly wouldn't be alone on that bandwagon of hate.

MiamiWadeCounty
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
team usa in a regular game. 5 on 5 miami heat. only chance the heat have is if lebron and wade takeover. bosh would create havoc downlow considering after tyson chandler the next big is rudy gay or kd, but the young great scorers team usa has would be too much.

td0tsfinest
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
and that was a close game yet you think a team much worse and less experienced than the redeem team would blow out a team that essentially has 3 of the best players from of its gold metal team on it. :facepalm: Does that really make sense to you?

Yes. Yes it is. :D

On a real note, I think its a lot closer than what most posters think. When you consider, Brazil gave the states a good scare, I don't see why this Heat team wouldn't either. It would definitely be fun to watch but the US' depth is the deciding factor.

LALakersKC
09-08-2010, 09:44 PM
All i can say to the Miami fans is that you better win this year because almost all of you think you are unbeatable.

Team USA would kill miami because of depth alone, its stupid to make any other argument. Miami gets owned at PG and C. Not even close

Totally agreed /\

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes. Yes it is. :D

On a real note, I think its a lot closer than what most posters think. When you consider, Brazil gave the states a good scare, I don't see why this Heat team wouldn't either. It would definitely be fun to watch but the US' depth is the deciding factor.

Thank you!! thats all im saying really i dont know if the HEAT would win for sure but i know its foolish to think team USA wins in a blowout when some of these other international teams (with no stars and with not even half of the talent and world basketball experience the HEAT have on its roster) dont lose in a blowout. It just shows a lot of ignorance on these boards toward the HEAT. Overall i think it would be close.

heattiltheend94
09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Close, but I think Heat would win. USA has no good centers, and thus, they wouldn't be able to take advantage of the heat's weakness, at center.

still1ballin
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
The heat fans will say Heat will win and the rest will say Team USA will win. Its simple as that

Avenged
09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Close, but I think Heat would win. USA has no good centers, and thus, they wouldn't be able to take advantage of the heat's weakness, at center.

That's not a very good comparison. The Heat also lack depth in the 5 position so you can just say they cancel out each other if anything.

Team USA has a combination of very good point guards and wing players + a good coaching staff. It would be close, but in a 48 minute game, depth certainly plays it's role.

justinnum1
The heat fans will say Heat will win and the rest will say Team USA will win. Its simple as that

:nod: Lots of haters.

BkOriginalOne
Only if the Heat signed Mike James.

still1ballin
09-08-2010, 09:59 PM
:nod: Lots of haters.

nvm...I don't need another infraction/ban

AsiandudePH
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Only if the Heat signed Mike James.

^^couldn't agree more.:D

Avenged
09-08-2010, 10:10 PM
nvm...I don't need another infraction/ban

:laugh2:

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Not really.

I love how emotional so many of the posters are about this hypothetical... WOOOOOOSAH.

All things considered, it would be a damn close series/game. If this Team USA had dominant bigs to supplement their elite PG/wings, then this would be a different discussion. The naysayers act like Lebron/Bosh/Wade couldn't play 40+ minutes a game (they could). Hell, LBJ has averaged 42+ minutes a game for multiple seasons. I don't know/care who would win, but in all likelihood it would be a close matchup. You're talking about arguably the two best players in the world and a big who is better than any of Team USA's... let's just say that I would not bet against that squad.

Laker fan

Lebron and Wade can play a full game without rest and still take over a game.

Still though, Billups and Durant together would do some damage. Durant being one of the best players in the league and Billups being a top PG with plenty of experience. They have versatile players, good rebounders, and very good guards. Most of the guys on team USA are the main guys in their respective teams or the #2 option. On top of that they have a good coaching staff.

In a 48 minute game, 7 game series, I'll go with team U.S.A. I would not be surprised to see Lebron/Wade win them the series though, their talent cannot be denied.

Piston fan

Heat - But it would be close

They at least put some thought into it didnt just see "HEAT" and turn red and decide lets automatically say the opposite argument wins.

topdog
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Neither team has much for size - so it's a draw there, but I'd give it to USA. But what's w/ all this Miami stuff?! They haven't even practiced together yet! We have no friggin' idea what their chemistry will be like.

lvblay3
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Heat beat team USA.. this is some funny stuff. lets break it down...

the only two players who play on ball defence for the Heat are Haslem and Wade. Lebron is a good help defender but cant play one on one defence. So who going to stop KD or Rudy Gay for that. if they put Wade on ROSE/Westbrook team USA point guard. Chambers cant stop Gordon or Curry. Bosh can't spell defence let a lone play it. Westbrook/Billups on Wade. KD on Lebron. Chandler/Love on Bosh. so how is the Heat going to out score Team USA. Dont see it

4-0 Team USA sweep.

kjoke
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
funny how people say heat get owned at the pg and c spots but fail to sya anything about the sg, sf, aand pf postions

ABOMB_56
09-08-2010, 10:21 PM
That's not a very good comparison. The Heat also lack depth in the 5 position so you can just say they cancel out each other if anything.

Team USA has a combination of very good point guards and wing players + a good coaching staff. It would be close, but in a 48 minute game, depth certainly plays it's role.

The OP said FIBA rules, so that means 40 minute quarters, and if I'm not mistaken, both Lebron and Wade average 40+ minutes per games, and Bosh is somewhere near 35+.

Here are some stats:
Lebron's career MPG is 40.3 so he wouldn't need more than a minute or two of rest.
Wade's career MPG is 37.6 so he would only need a few minutes of rest as well.
Bosh's career MPG is 37 so he also would only need a few minutes of rest.

I think you guys are severely underrating and/or overrating the current Team USA. The games would be close, not a blowout like some of you are saying, and that the winner would be the Heat.

Note: I'm a Rockets fan so don't accuse me of being biased.

ElMarroAfamado
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
i think threads like this are made to make miami fans be more hatable and anger posters with their arrogance and surefire confidence that their team is the best ever created in the history of the world....geesh...

with that said...
team USA 4-1

Ray_R
09-08-2010, 10:24 PM
:pity:Derrick Rose > LBJ, Bosh, Wade.

:D

kobe24>lebron23
09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
The answer is simple the Los Angeles Lakers would win

Avenged
09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
The OP said FIBA rules, so that means 40 minute quarters, and if I'm not mistaken, both Lebron and Wade average 40+ minutes per games, and Bosh is somewhere near 35+.

Here are some stats:
Lebron's career MPG is 40.3 so he wouldn't need more than a minute or two of rest.

I think you guys are severely underrating and/or overrating the current Team USA. The games would be close, not a blowout like some of you are saying, and that the winner would be the Heat.

I just saw the OP's original post and he did not post anything that says FIBA rules.

Anyways, yes and I agree, I said what you said in my 1st post in this thread. Lebron and Wade are very capable of playing a 48 minute game (or whatever) and still take over a game. But team U.S.A has the depth, they have very good point guards and very good wing players. They also have great rebounders and versatile players.

It would be close in my opinion, but in a 7 game series i'll go with Team U.S.A especially considering they have a superstar/closer whom can also take over a game.

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Here are some stats:

Thank you very much!!!!

tredigs
09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Not really.

Laker fan

? :puke::puke::puke:

Edit: Nevermind, just realized you were probably talking about Avenged, and just didn't mention who I'm a fan of. Phew - I was starting to worry what type of image I'm projecting around here.

Baller1
09-08-2010, 10:36 PM
my apologies. I would just like for people to make rational arguments and think about things objectively before blurting out an answer. It has been a summer where a majority of people have started blindly hating the heat, so I try to point out the facts to people. If that bothers you, I'm sorry, but I am not going to stop putting the facts out there to satisfy you baller. If you choose to hate Miami/Lebron that is your decision... and you certainly wouldn't be alone on that bandwagon of hate.

A lot of what you present is indeed fact, and I can see that as a fellow supporter of the Heat. However, you also present a lot of opinion and predictions littered with bias. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, but you consistently overhype your own team, consequently discrediting other teams.

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 10:36 PM

lol..I was confused too but he meant Avenged NOT you.

Avenged
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM

I'm sure he meant me :p but either way, just by looking at your friend list anyone would assume you're a Lakers fan. :laugh2:

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Edit: Nevermind, just realized you were probably talking about Avenged, and just didn't mention who I'm a fan of. Phew - I was starting to worry what type of image I'm projecting around here.

not u i ment for the quote under that for Avenged i have no idea what team ur a fan of lol sorry.

tredigs
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm sure he meant me :p but either way, just by looking at your friend list anyone would assume you're a Lakers fan. :laugh2:

HA - it's true. Boom, roasted.

One another note, the Lakers would also have a solid chance of beating Team USA. This team has deficiencies people. And those squads are stacked.

Avenged
09-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Tre's an undercover Thunder fan.

Until his Warriors get any good, he'll continue to root for OKC. ;)

jackdawson
09-08-2010, 10:43 PM

haha...

tredigs
09-08-2010, 10:46 PM

The Thunder is just a sexy **** buddy on the side, but the girl I go home to at night is GS.

xxcubs22xx
09-08-2010, 10:51 PM
The Heat look pretty old, no?

Iggz53
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, the only reason people are saying that the USA Basketball Team will beat the Miami Heat is because we're all just haters. There couldn't possibly be any other rational explanation for such a ridiculous prediction.

Hoopsadvocate
09-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the only reason people are saying that the USA Basketball Team will beat the Miami Heat is because we're all just haters. There couldn't possibly be any other rational explanation for such a ridiculous prediction.

Ya cause its not like some of us didnt give rational reasons to say it would be at least close and arguements and examples to back up our claims while most of u just say "not even close", "team usa by a landslide", or even stupider statements like "Billups and iggy would handle wade and lebron on defense".

So far nobody has yet to argue agains the reasonable post i made as how teams like spain and argentina who had little star power made it thought for the redeem team (a much better team than the current team usa) yet you guys just say team usa is much better than 3 redeem team starters + so other players with fiba experience, without backing it up with a reasonable arguement. SO ya it kinda looks that way.

dnewguy
09-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Heat in 4.....they didn't call them B list team for nothing.

Hawkeye15
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
all things equal, and both teams were together for an NBA season, the US team would beat Miami. Durant offsets LeBron basically, and the depth of the US team would be overwhelming for any NBA team there is. When your 4th PG is Curry, you are doing ok. While Wade is better than any player Team USA has, he could be slowed big time by throwing Iggy, Rose, Westbrook, ie, depth, at him all night. Same goes for Bosh when you throw Love, Odom, Chandler, and Gay at him.
Basically, the elite players for Miami are better, with the exception of Durant, who is probably on par with Wade, not quite as good as LeBron. But the depth of the US team would destroy even the Lakers if they played together for an entire season

still1ballin
09-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Heat in 4.....they didn't call them B list team for nothing.

:laugh2:

Avenged
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
all things equal, and both teams were together for an NBA season, the US team would beat Miami. Durant offsets LeBron basically, and the depth of the US team would be overwhelming for any NBA team there is. When your 4th PG is Curry, you are doing ok. While Wade is better than any player Team USA has, he could be slowed big time by throwing Iggy, Rose, Westbrook, ie, depth, at him all night. Same goes for Bosh when you throw Love, Odom, Chandler, and Gay at him.
Basically, the elite players for Miami are better, with the exception of Durant, who is probably on par with Wade, not quite as good as LeBron. But the depth of the US team would destroy even the Lakers if they played together for an entire season

This is what a lot including myself have been saying..

Now that you said it, Heat fans will listen. :laugh2:

nanablvd
09-08-2010, 11:59 PM
4-0 Team USA win. Easy.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:00 AM
This is what a lot including myself have been saying..

Now that you said it, Heat fans will listen. :laugh2:

dude, I didnt even read the numerous pages when I saw Deja was active here, knew it would be under control
But to say any team in the world could beat this team, as currently constructed, if Team USA had 50 NBA games under their belt, is ridiculous. Miami's PG's would get murdered, their wings production would be nearly offset, and their frontcourt would be at least offset. All things equal, Team USA would win any series against anyone, in 6 games or less

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 12:05 AM

i dont understand the depth thing i mean yes they do have amazing talented depth but stacked usa teams like the redeem team have played against teams without depth before (Argentina and Spain) and have had a hard time against them. Heck there main problem was 1-3 guys in those games i feel the HEAT have 1-3 guys as well who are all around good while i dont really see any elite all around talent in team usa. Durant is great but hsi defense is nothing compared to wade or lebron hes no stoping bosh if he plays pf the best options they have defensivly would be chandler and billups maybe odoms length but nobody else really presents a problem there team d is good but not great. Meanwhile Lebron,wade,bosh have all played together in such a stage and have other team mates who have also experience international ball (arroyo,Joel,miller, howard).

SN: i dont get the durant on par with wade thing... Hes offense i would agree heck it maybe even better but defensivly wade leaves him in the dust playmaking wade beats him too.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 12:08 AM
dude, I didnt even read the numerous pages when I saw Deja was active here, knew it would be under control
But to say any team in the world could beat this team, as currently constructed, if Team USA had 50 NBA games under their belt, is ridiculous. Miami's PG's would get murdered, their wings production would be nearly offset, and their frontcourt would be at least offset. All things equal, Team USA would win any series against anyone, in 6 games or less

:laugh2: a lot of posts were deleted by another mod.

Anyways, yep, I agree. Their depth at the PG and wings would be too much in my opinion. I don't know why many are saying depth doesn't matter, it clearly does in a 7 game series.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:10 AM
i dont understand the depth thing i mean yes they do have amazing talented depth but stacked usa teams like the redeem team have played against teams without depth before (Argentina and Spain) and have had a hard time against them. Heck there main problem was 1-3 guys in those games i feel the HEAT have 1-3 guys as well who are all around good while i dont really see any elite all around talent in team usa. Durant is great but hsi defense is nothing compared to wade or lebron hes no stoping bosh if he plays pf the best options they have defensivly would be chandler and billups maybe odoms length but nobody else really presents a problem there team d is good but not great. Meanwhile Lebron,wade,bosh have all played together in such a stage and have other team mates who have also experience international ball (arroyo,Joel,miller, howard).

SN: i dont get the durant on par with wade thing... Hes offense i would agree heck it maybe even better but defensivly wade leaves him in the dust playmaking wade beats him too.

depth in an 100 game NBA season will win it all. Durant is with Wade, he just is. His offensive efficiency at this point is as good as anyones, considering his scoring. His defense is very underrated, which I have touched on in another thread. Rose/Billups/Westbrook/Curry would absolutely murder the Heat. Murder them. I can't express that enough. The Heat would also have issues in the frontcourt. Bosh is very good, but I can't give the nod to Bosh/Haslem/Anthony/Big Z, over CHandler/Love/Odom/Gay. Durant in a 7 game series would nearly offset LeBron, and Miami would not be able to afford even the simplest injury to their 3. The same can not be said of Team USA. Add Team USA's snipers, and defenders in Gordon, Iggy, etc, and there is just way too much depth and offensive ability for any NBA team to handle, not just the Heat

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
crap i kept thinking this was for a 1 game wins all type deal totally ignored the 7 game series part in that case yes the depth would matter and i see usa beating the heat thought not easily maybe 4-1 or 4-2.

Avenged
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM

Yes, but just because a team failed in the past, doesn't mean they're going to do so again.

Having stack teams only helps the team depending on ego/chemistry. The Lakers are a good example of having depth, and also the Boston Celtics.

It really all depends if the teams could gel, which can be said about the Heat. We don't know how they will fair together, we're all just assuming they're going to be good because of their roster. Well, the same thing is being done in this thread with Team U.S.A.

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 12:14 AM
depth in an 100 game NBA season will win it all. Durant is with Wade, he just is. His offensive efficiency at this point is as good as anyones, considering his scoring. His defense is very underrated, which I have touched on in another thread. Rose/Billups/Westbrook/Curry would absolutely murder the Heat. Murder them. I can't express that enough. The Heat would also have issues in the frontcourt. Bosh is very good, but I can't give the nod to Bosh/Haslem/Anthony/Big Z, over CHandler/Love/Odom/Gay. Durant in a 7 game series would nearly offset LeBron, and Miami would not be able to afford even the simplest injury to their 3. The same can not be said of Team USA. Add Team USA's snipers, and defenders in Gordon, Iggy, etc, and there is just way too much depth and offensive ability for any NBA team to handle, not just the Heat

Id like to hear more on that im not sayin durants a scrub on defense hes just nowhere near on wades level. the only thing hes on his level or surpassed in is scoring but scoring itself isnt enough to put u at the top what makes wade/lebron/kobe the top 3 is they can do so much besides score durant only does scoring very well and other things slightly above average.

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Yes, but just because a team failed in the past, doesn't mean they're going to do so again.

Having stack teams only helps the team depending on ego/chemistry. The Lakers are a good example of having depth, and also the Boston Celtics.

It really all depends if the teams could gel, which can be said about the Heat. We don't know how they will fair together, we're all just assuming they're going to be good because of their roster. Well, the same thing is being done in this thread with Team U.S.A.

I agree it depends on how they gel but i think a lot of people misconstrue HEAT fans opinions on why we think this team will be great and its not just cause there good on paper its because its almost a sure thing that they will gel and because of the level of talent on paper is just a huge piece of iceing on the cake.

Lebron,wade,bosh have all have had practice playing/practicing with each other before over team usa for how many years. They are close friends so theyve already established that bond and chemistry many players try to find after years of being on the same team. There unselfish players on the court avg above average assists. On top of that most of the role players we have also have some connection to each other ( Lebron and Big z, Haslem and miller, Chalmers & Haslem & wade & arroyo &joel played together last year ) Thats most if not all of our main rotation players!!! Pat Riley got guys he knew would blend together and that fit in the HEAT culture of defense and selflessness. The last thing many heat fans worry about is if they gel these facts show they will.

To re-emphasize that point if for instance we had got Bogut, Granger, Stephen Curry to go with wade on the HEAT i would then feel worried about chemistry and gelling. Because thats a good example of looking good on paper but not necessarily a good sign of fitting together as with the except of an all star game for granger i doubt wade ever played or had contact with those other guys yet there all amazingly talented. But that is not the case with this current HEAT team.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Id like to hear more on that im not sayin durants a scrub on defense hes just nowhere near on wades level. the only thing hes on his level or surpassed in is scoring but scoring itself isnt enough to put u at the top what makes wade/lebron/kobe the top 3 is they can do so much besides score durant only does scoring very well and other things slightly above average.

sure, you can start a thread about Durant's defense if you like. I will weigh in. His length offers hims elite closing ability, and his pick and roll D aint bad. And watching Team USA's defensive intensity reminds me of their depth strength. Players can defend as hard as possible and nobody need major minutes. Fresh bodies on that end can't be replaced. Durant has passed Kobe individually, there is no statistical argument against it at this point, and he is on Wade's hind legs. Only LeBron is better.
And again, the individual ability of players 1-12 on Team USA is far superior to 1-12 on any NBA team. Over a season, and playoffs, Team USA could sustain injuries, etc. Without a blip

mynameismo
09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
This could get ugly.. quick.

Anyway, In a 7 game series.. I think team USA wins hands down.. Because of the fact that they are more versatile. In a series, adjustments is important and with the talent on that team, they'll adjust very well to what ever the Heat can throw at them..

but Miami may steal a game.. or two if the Big three erupts at the same time. Just my two cents.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
that is it for me. I tried to be rational, but there is no argument here. It couldnt be closer to a fact that Team USA, if they played for an NBA season, would win the championship easily. Not in my book

Hoopsadvocate
09-09-2010, 12:29 AM
that is it for me. I tried to be rational, but there is no argument here. It couldnt be closer to a fact that Team USA, if they played for an NBA season, would win the championship easily. Not in my book

appreciate it your post made a lot of sense it wasnt just bashing and irrational posts. thanks

COOLbeans
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Team USA would kick the crap out of the Miami Heat! Are you serious?

tredigs
09-09-2010, 12:41 AM
sure, you can start a thread about Durant's defense if you like. I will weigh in. His length offers hims elite closing ability, and his pick and roll D aint bad. And watching Team USA's defensive intensity reminds me of their depth strength. Players can defend as hard as possible and nobody need major minutes. Fresh bodies on that end can't be replaced. Durant has passed Kobe individually, there is no statistical argument against it at this point, and he is on Wade's hind legs. Only LeBron is better.
And again, the individual ability of players 1-12 on Team USA is far superior to 1-12 on any NBA team. Over a season, and playoffs, Team USA could sustain injuries, etc. Without a blip

I really don't care about this debate at all, but I will say that I think you're reading a little too far into it. He was just asking, "who would win a 7 game series?". I took that as right now - were they to play a 7 game series (let's assume NBA rules), who would win? The depth wouldn't be 12 deep, it would just be 7-8 for the Heat and maybe 8-9 for Team USA.

Heat could run this lineup 40+ minutes a game if they wanted to:
PG: Lebron
SG: D. Wade
SF: M. Miller
PF: Bosh
C: J. Anthony

6th: Haslem
7th: Chalmers/House

Heat would have 3 of the top 4 best players on the court for 9/10th's of the game (as well as strong role players and an overall solid team defense from the inside out), I don't think that can be overlooked. Gun to my head, I'd honestly take the Heat. The Lebron/Wade combo is just too disgusting for words.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:44 AM
I really don't care about this debate at all, but I will say that I think you're reading a little too far into it. He was just asking, "who would win a 7 game series?". I took that as right now - were they to play a 7 game series (let's assume NBA rules), who would win? The depth wouldn't be 12 deep, it would just be 7-8 for the Heat and maybe 8-9 for Team USA.

Heat could run this lineup 40+ minutes a game if they wanted to:
PG: Lebron
SG: D. Wade
SF: M. Miller
PF: Bosh
C: J. Anthony

6th: Haslem
7th: Chalmers/House

Heat would have 3 of the top 4 best players on the court for 9/10th's of the game (as well as strong role players and an overall solid team defense from the inside out), I don't think that can be overlooked. Gun to my head, I'd honestly take the Heat. The Lebron/Wade combo is just too disgusting for words.

talent level 1-8 still goes to Team USA. Durant offsets Wade. The depth of defenders going at LeBron is a lot. I just think the overall talent level is too much for USA to lose. And PG for the Heat is not going to be Wade/LeBron. The USA team would kill them at that position.

tredigs
09-09-2010, 12:54 AM

I don't know, I don't really think their team defense (especially basket-protection) would be anywhere near stifling enough to handle Lebron/Wade/Bosh in single coverage. If you leave them, you have a top three 3pt shooter in the league draining open threes on you. If Team USA was allowed to mesh for an entire season like you're insinuating, it would make it even more interesting and I'd have to reevaluate, but given all of their limited time playing together (The Heat's new core being about the same as the current Team USA), I think I still like Miami here raw talent wise.

If Team USA had an elite defensive stopper in the post I would definitely side with them... but, they don't. Cue Lebron/Wade show attacking the hole with voraciousness and virtual ease on any of the defenders there who attempt to single them (they wouldn't have any choice).

edit: Why couldn't the Heat run Lebron at point? I definitely think they'll try out the rotation I suggested up there at some point, and it may (at the very least could be) a go-to for them in certain playoff series.

AI4MVP
09-09-2010, 12:55 AM
lol . i love making threads like this and watching people actually get mad over it. alot of the times its the only reason i do it. some people in this forum need to chill the **** out. whenever someone makes a thread they dont like its like someones walking on there 10,000 persian carpet with muddy shoes. chill the **** out

Hawkeye15
09-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I don't know, I don't really think their team defense (especially basket-protection) would be anywhere near stifling enough to handle Lebron/Wade/Bosh in single coverage. If you leave them, you have a top three 3pt shooter in the league draining open threes on you. If Team USA was allowed to mesh for an entire season like you're insinuating, it would make it even more interesting and I'd have to reevaluate, but given all of their limited time playing together (The Heat's new core being about the same as the current Team USA), I think I still like Miami here raw talent wise.

If Team USA had an elite defensive stopper in the post I would definitely side with them... but, they don't. Cue Lebron/Wade show attacking the hole with veracity and virtual ease on any of the defenders there who attempt to single them (they wouldn't have any choice).

kind of with you here, I could care less to argue this honestly. I also didn't factor in NBA rules, which send James and Wade to the line 20 times a game at least collectively.
In all reality, I think there is too much depth/talent on Team USA. But in NBA rules, with superstar calls, its a toss up. That being said, everyone on Team USA should get calls then haha.
But yeah, in FIBA ball, USA would kill. They could actually be physical. In NBA, LeBron and Wade would be living at the free throw line, which is another reason the Heat are favorites to win it all period. Superstar rules

Kyle N.
09-09-2010, 01:17 AM
:pity: for this thread.

Super.
09-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Heat Forum much?

Honestly

kArSoN RyDaH
09-09-2010, 01:41 AM
team usa would win in 5. not even close imo. from top to bottom that team will expose miami.

THE MTL
09-09-2010, 01:49 AM
The only person on the current Team USA that would even be on the team once the good players come back is Durant.

REALLYYYYY?
09-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Team USA would destroy the Heat.

REALLYYYYY?
09-09-2010, 02:28 AM
The Heat aren't even the best team in the NBA...

DeZonia
09-09-2010, 02:36 AM
...and why can't you have a grown up conversation? A person who resorts to insults in making an argument usually doesn't have a very good argument...

Its sad that some people can't have a rational argument and support their argument with facts...

You think WAY TO HIGHLY of a team that hasn't even played one game... SERIOUSLY wow. This isn't even debatable, I do agree that team USA lacks the post presence of the Lakers/Celtics and Magic BUT they have amazing Guards and Forwards. To much firepower for 2 defenders and 3 offensive players. They would be working to hard on defense to be top notch on offense.

PS: its a lot easier to guard 3 guys then 5, and that is all anyone has to do against Miami

DeZonia
09-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Oh ya, forgot to say if you make Lebron and Wade actually shoot and not drive every possession, Team USA wins in 5 maybe 4...

Who would guard Durant?? Durant runs around like Ray Allen, Lebron would get tired running after Durant and be less efficient. Wade is to small, so who do you put on him?

dodie53
09-09-2010, 03:10 AM
the current USA team will win in 5 games
imo.
too much talent for the heat to handle.

NYYCowboys
09-09-2010, 03:24 AM
I disagree I think it would be close and the Heat definitely could win. Aside from Durant I would take LeBron, Wade and Bosh over anyone on the USA roster. Team USA barley beat team Spain who while a good team I think would get destroyed by the Heat if they played. Team USA obviously has more depth, but like I said LeBron, Bosh and Wade are far better than anyone on team USA besides Durant. And you can go back into my posts and find out I hate the Heat with a passion, so I'm not some homer fan just trying to talk up my team.

Jenceman
09-09-2010, 03:26 AM

You honestly think the Heat would have a chance? That's a joke, at best.

Iggz53
09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Ya cause its not like some of us didnt give rational reasons to say it would be at least close and arguements and examples to back up our claims while most of u just say "not even close", "team usa by a landslide", or even stupider statements like "Billups and iggy would handle wade and lebron on defense".

So far nobody has yet to argue agains the reasonable post i made as how teams like spain and argentina who had little star power made it thought for the redeem team (a much better team than the current team usa) yet you guys just say team usa is much better than 3 redeem team starters + so other players with fiba experience, without backing it up with a reasonable arguement. SO ya it kinda looks that way.

I've gone through this post 3 times now and it made literally no sense, and stupider is not a word.

Baller1
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM

No, I'm convinced he's a fan of Thunder fan. Why he won't fess up, I haven't figured out though.