PDA

View Full Version : Team USA "B Team" now favorites to win it all.

dnewguy
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Spain, the overwhelming favorites prior to the tournament has been eliminated by Serbia. This is the easiest pool of players representing other countries team Team USA has faced in a long time. It seems like we are coming home with gold baby.

Your thoughts?

ChiSox219
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
We were always the favorites.

Hellcrooner
09-08-2010, 03:16 PM
donnt open your champane until you defeat argentina and then the deadly combo of turkey + homecooking refs

and btww you should care for Serbia too, they have not defeated us because we all catched the fly suddenly, they ahve talent YOUNG talent.

They may have no dirk, parker or Pau but they have 12 Stojakcovics in the make.

tcav701
09-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I think the US is the favorite but its not gonna be a cake walk. I'll tell you this much, I wouldnt sit KD for one minute against Argentina or Turkey.

ChiSox219
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
donnt open your champane until you defeat argentina and then the deadly combo of turkey + homecooking refs

and btww you should care for Serbia too, they have not defeated us because we all catched the fly suddenly, they ahve talent YOUNG talent.

They may have no dirk, parker or Pau but they have 12 Stojakcovics in the make.

USA has defended the three ball well. It would be surprising to see Serbia put up another 15 for 30.

Avenged
09-08-2010, 03:35 PM
There's still some good competitive teams out there just as Serbia has proved.

Team U.S.A has had stars before and disappointed, they need to stay focus and not play down to the opposition.

Sir Buckets
09-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Team U.S.A has had stars before and disappointed, they need to stay focus and not play down to the opposition.This.

That said, YES!!!

thescore53
09-08-2010, 03:48 PM
any team with turkodoodoo shall not succed

ChiSox219
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Team U.S.A has had stars before and disappointed, they need to stay focus and not play down to the opposition.

Durant won't let this team lose.

AIsixersFK
09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

Legend_23
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL. you guys crack me up. WE havnt played any team that is that good. Brazil? 2 point win wow? And we expect the gold medal? Argentina, we can beat them. Serbia? Did ANY ONE of you watch the game vs Spain? We cant beat them. Serbia is in the finals, they will beat Turkey. Will we beat Argentina? Maybe, i dont believe so. Serbia? We wont beat them if we even get to face them.
They are too good.

DaBUU
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Im not sure what everyone is watching, but the US is far away the best team in the tourney and I dont see us losing to anyone.

Sir Buckets
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
LOL. you guys crack me up. WE havnt played any team that is that good. Brazil? 2 point win wow? And we expect the gold medal? Argentina, we can beat them. Serbia? Did ANY ONE of you watch the game vs Spain? We cant beat them. Serbia is in the finals, they will beat Turkey. Will we beat Argentina? Maybe, i dont believe so. Serbia? We wont beat them if we even get to face them.
They are too good.Sup Fran, how's the fam?

x_notorious
Spain misses Pau Gasol.

John Walls Era
USAs the favorite. Doesn't mean it will be an easy gold though.

Sir Buckets
Durant and Rose won't let this team lose.ftfy

DaBUU
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
i'll sig bet anyone on here, the US wins the rest of the games by an average of 20 points. Whos down?

John Walls Era
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM
i'll sig bet anyone on here, the US wins the rest of the games by an average of 20 points. Whos down?

Thats not bold at all. How about 30 pts?

danidin
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
We were always the favorites.

right answer :clap:

Hellcrooner
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM

you are dnot defeating argentina by more than 10 or 15 if AT ALL:

Hellcrooner
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Spain misses Pau Gasol.

Sapain misses a COACH on the bench isngtead of a guacamole head with too many grease and nothing but greqase between the ears..

DaBUU
09-08-2010, 04:56 PM
you are dnot defeating argentina by more than 10 or 15 if AT ALL:

Lets do this Crooner, what r the terms?

Hellcrooner
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Lets do this Crooner, what r the terms?

noneyet, we still dont kno if theres going to be an Argentina vs Usa.

Lithania is capable of defeating argentina.

NYKalltheway
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
USA still favorites but they played 6 games and faced only 1 team serious enough to compete against them!! (Brazil)

USA will not sweat until the semis and I think their arrogance (since they won every game bla bla) will be the deciding factor in a loss.

Of course they are still favorites though.

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 03:46 AM
USA still favorites but they played 6 games and faced only 1 team serious enough to compete against them!! (Brazil)

USA will not sweat until the semis and I think their arrogance (since they won every game bla bla) will be the deciding factor in a loss.

Of course they are still favorites though.

This.

The Most diferential they get toay against russia the most posible they fall against argentina- and the most point diferenitial they get both in qurters and Semis, the likelkest the upset inthe final.

NYKalltheway
09-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Mostly because almost everyone on this team never played this level before. Inexperienced international players, by playing some of the weakest sides of the tournament (round of 16 and in quarters, USA got the easiest possible opponent!!) they don't gain the experience needed to win these tough games.

You won't need luck to win Russia, but Argentina(given they will go past Lithuania) and Turkey or Serbia are much tougher than anyone the USA ever faced so far. Brazil was close to an upset and they don't have many secondary options like Turkey and Serbia, and Argentina has amazing players as well...

don't count the Argies out yet ;)

D Roses Bulls
09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Spain, the overwhelming favorites prior to the tournament has been eliminated by Serbia. This is the easiest pool of players representing other countries team Team USA has faced in a long time. It seems like we are coming home with gold baby.

Your thoughts?

I have a thought...... hahaha to the rest of the world

Mochalman
09-09-2010, 06:52 AM
they give out gold medals for this?

Mr.ATLHawks
09-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Brazil is alot better then you think. They battled Argentina and only lost by 4 lost to the USA by 2 so they are alot better then you think..Tiago Splitter and Barbosa have been absolute beasts for them.

Antipod
09-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Get past Russians, then talk )

Hellcrooner
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Go Drago!!!! Slay Apollo show them they need to send Rocky!!! :D

mikantsass
09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Who cares its FIBA

Devils05
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Well Argentina went down hard to Lith

tredigs
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Get past Russians, then talk )

NEXT.

KD's just way, way better than anyone else who entered this tournament. Along with our solid role players, it's going to be very tough for this team to lose with him on the court.

mvb815
09-09-2010, 08:02 PM
anyone who doesn't think team usa were the by far favorites since the beginning are just fooling themselves

i don't know why people are calling them the underdogs, maybe it's so watching every blow out will be more interesting?

td0tsfinest
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Watch out for Lithunia. They have just been awesome and Kleiza has been very impressive. Making his argument for Tourney MVP.

tredigs
09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Watch out for Lithunia. They have just been awesome and Kleiza has been very impressive. Making his argument for Tourney MVP.

Kleiza? Kleiza is a nobody man. He's had a nice tournament playing against scrub teams with a weak supporting cast who depend on him, but he is going to be dismantled going against KD and the rest of Team USA. I'm not exactly what I'd consider a "cocky American" when it comes to our international teams, but this is a virtual guarantee.

I'm guessing that you're high on him being that he's a Raptor now, but his true self (a sub-par 2nd string NBA SF) will be revealed on Saturday.

KnicksorBust
09-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Kleiza? Kleiza is a nobody man. He's had a nice tournament playing against scrub teams with a weak supporting cast who depend on him, but he is going to be dismantled going against KD and the rest of Team USA. I'm not exactly what I'd consider a "cocky American" when it comes to our international teams, but this is a virtual guarantee.

I'm guessing that you're high on him being that he's a Raptor now, but his true self (a sub-par 2nd string NBA SF) will be revealed on Saturday.

International players have a tendency to surprise me. Anything can happen when it's a united country vs. our superstars thrown together a few months before a tournament. That being said I think Rose, Billups, Durant will make sure we take this home. No one in this tournament can stop Durant from dropping 25-30 points.

valade16
09-10-2010, 12:18 AM
This.

The Most diferential they get toay against russia the most posible they fall against argentina- and the most point diferenitial they get both in qurters and Semis, the likelkest the upset inthe final.

You've been trashing America's Bball the ENTIRE tournament. now our B team is running it and your precious Spain is OUT,

WHEN WILL YOU GIVE USA SOME RESPECT HELLCROONER?

Clearly the best basketball in the world...

Hellcrooner
09-10-2010, 06:03 AM
You've been trashing America's Bball the ENTIRE tournament. now our B team is running it and your precious Spain is OUT,

WHEN WILL YOU GIVE USA SOME RESPECT HELLCROONER?

Clearly the best basketball in the world...

when you win.

Not a single minute earlier.

And i may not since the bracketing and some rofficiating is calling for B.S making it cleR THE ORGANIZSERZ are forcing a Turkey vs Usa final.

Faneik
09-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Who cares its FIBA

lots of people care

:eyebrow:

come on man

valade16
09-10-2010, 05:20 PM
when you win.

And i may not since the bracketing and some rofficiating is calling for B.S making it cleR THE ORGANIZSERZ are forcing a Turkey vs Usa final.

Is that the explanation for Spains 3 LOSSES then?

I mean, every international team you've listed as being good we've beaten either in the tournament or in the exhibition.

We could literally play every single international team in a row and never lose.

Now imagine a team with our best players on it. USA is the best basketball playing country in the world. To say otherwise is to expouse ignorance...

NYKalltheway
09-10-2010, 07:01 PM
USA is the best basketball playing country in the world. To say otherwise is to expouse ignorance...

Agreed, but to say (not referring to you) that the rest of the world is clueless or anything similar is beyond ignorant ;)
and we've seen it a lot of times happen...

Mr. Baller
09-10-2010, 07:27 PM
U.S.A. is the clear favorite at this point, and it is International ball so really anything can happen, and nothing will surprise me.

tredigs
09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
America handles business on 9/11, nice.

tredigs
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM

STARTERS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Durant 14-26 5-13 5-5 1 9 3 1 0 1 1 38
Kleiza 1-11 0-4 2-2 0 5 2 2 0 5 0 4

Kevin Durant surpasses Carmelo Anthony's single-game mark [with 38], fuels semifinal win

Not to toot my own horn but uh... TOOOOT TOOOOT.

valade16
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
when you win.

Now that were 1 win away can I hold you to that? :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
09-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Now that were 1 win away can I hold you to that? :eyebrow:

one game away.

If refs dont panic wih the homecrowd you should win.

too bad the rigged brackets+some bad oficiating+some surprises have made it a final of usa vs the 10th team in teh world more or less.

tredigs
09-12-2010, 12:23 PM
one game away.

If refs dont panic wih the homecrowd you should win.

too bad the rigged brackets+some bad oficiating+some surprises have made it a final of usa vs the 10th team in teh world more or less.

The good news is that Turkey beat Greece, Russia and Serbia on their road to the championship, while the USA beat Lithuania and Russia (both 'top ten' teams and by double digits), including a nice smashing of Spain in an earlier exhibition game.

Simply put, these are the two toughest teams to beat in the tournament, and sometimes that's what it comes when it gets down to the single-loss elimination rounds of a tourney.

Hellcrooner
09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
The good news is that Turkey beat Greece, Russia and Serbia on their road to the championship, while the USA beat Lithuania and Russia (both 'top ten' teams and by double digits), including a nice smashing of Spain in an earlier exhibition game.

Simply put, these are the two toughest teams to beat in the tournament, and sometimes that's what it comes when it gets down to the single-loss elimination rounds of a tourney.

you call a 1 point win a smashing?

if our coach didnt suck big balls and didnt have ta clue abot hwhat to do wiht the lst posiesion that would have been a ddefeat,

valade16
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
you call a 1 point win a smashing?

if our coach didnt suck big balls and didnt have ta clue abot hwhat to do wiht the lst posiesion that would have been a ddefeat,

Still, we won. Just as we did vs. EVERY TEAM WE FACED.

Told you we would win. USA would've beat every team no matter how the brackets were setup. Because we are the best basketball playing country on the planet...

As I've said all along.

Hellcrooner
09-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Still, we won. Just as we did vs. EVERY TEAM WE FACED.

Told you we would win. USA would've beat every team no matter how the brackets were setup. Because we are the best basketball playing country on the planet...

As I've said all along.

Meet you in two years.

With al tems at full strenght.
Then we will talk.

Robbw241
09-18-2010, 12:09 PM
We're gonna wreck Spain again in 2 years and it will be wonderful