PDA

View Full Version : How The Biggest Street Basketball Championship Game At Rucker Park Almost Faced Off

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 01:59 AM
pretty good...... If you haven't watched it. watch this if you love basketball...... a lot of NBA players in this video.

Fat Joe vs Jay-Z: The Reason Why Jay-Z Stopped Talking To Fat Joe! (Documentary About How The Biggest Street Basketball Championship Game At Rucker Park Almost Faced Off In 2003) [40 Min]

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhuEnvi7xDtdp6Ns7e

King P
09-08-2010, 02:08 AM
watching it right now. good ****

boriquaabe
09-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Very nice find....

Hey if You would like to read a great book about playground basketball check out "swee pea and other playground legends". About the life and times of the greatest playground basketball player from NYC to play in the NBA Lloyd dainels (in my avatar).... Great Book. Daniels was amazing. Tarkanian recruited him and was set to play for the UNLV team that won the national championship. He's a 6' 8" PG and was going to start until he was arrested at a crackhouse. He was then dismissed from UNLV and went back to the streets of NYC and almost got shot to death in a drug deal gone wrong. Truly sad story. But when Tark coached the Spurs he signed Lloyd to play the 2 but the shooting really took a toll on his body. Check it.

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 02:13 AM
watching it right now. good ****

yea im not done with it either, surprised how many stars are on here. lebron, mcgrady, odom, artest,kobe, shaq and so on and so on.......

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Very nice find....

Hey if You would like to read a great book about playground basketball check out "swee pea and other playground legends". About the life and times of the greatest playground basketball player from NYC to play in the NBA Lloyd dainels (in my avatar).... Great Book. Daniels was amazing. Tarkanian recruited him and was set to play for the UNLV team that won the national championship. He's a 6' 8" PG and was going to start until he was arrested at a crackhouse. He was then dismissed from UNLV and went back to the streets of NYC and almost got shot to death in a drug deal gone wrong. Truly sad story. But when Tark coached the Spurs he signed Lloyd to play the 2 but the shooting really took a toll on his body. Check it.

thank you and yea I will check out that book. ive heard of it before. sounds interesting.

tredigs
09-08-2010, 02:24 AM
HA - Been trying to get this on demonoid or youtube for half an hour! Good stuff.

shep33
09-08-2010, 02:49 AM
Awesome stuff! Could you imagine if Shaq played?... he'd score 200 points... all off of dunks.

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Awesome stuff! Could you imagine if Shaq played?... he'd score 200 points... all off of dunks.

yea it would of been one of those games fans dream of seeing. it was funny how they said cause tmac and shaq were gonna play, lebron probably wouldnt even of saw the court.

nyyfan4life
09-08-2010, 03:07 AM
If the blackout hadn't have happened, Jay's squad would have wreaked it. That team was loaded.

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 03:33 AM
If the blackout hadn't have happened, Jay's squad would have wreaked it. That team was loaded.

maybe, I know the team was loaded but street ball is a lot different. it could of gone either way

spree
09-08-2010, 04:34 AM
when you step into the rucker park, you can feel the spirit. the best basketball court in the world

nyyfan4life
09-08-2010, 04:55 AM
maybe, I know the team was loaded but street ball is a lot different. it could of gone either way

Even in streetball no one on the other court could have stopped a prime T-Mac and Shaq. Even if they weren't in top shape.

Law25
09-08-2010, 06:29 AM
How the hell does that game not happen. I would still be trying to find an date fo that game.

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Even in streetball no one on the other court could have stopped a prime T-Mac and Shaq. Even if they weren't in top shape.

true...... good point

save the knicks
09-08-2010, 08:52 AM
that was awesome

Shaq in a street ball game? he would have dropped 100!

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 09:40 AM
man I really dislike Jay Z even more for this not happening, but I mean if I could be on a yacht with beyonce I guess I'd choose that too.

TheWatcher34
09-08-2010, 10:08 AM
when you step into the rucker park, you can feel the spirit. the best basketball court in the world

that is a great documentory film!!
Jigga and Joe getting all into it...
too bad it didnt happen.

it's not so easy to get all the nba players to fly to NY and participate because of to the restrictions in off season...it is mentioned in the film the NBA does not allow them to play on the playgrounds after August 31st.
so that would only be possible in June (time of the finals!), July and August. that a small window considering players go on vacation, they have to take care of their business, families etc.

airronijordan
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
WOW that was an amazing documentary.....Fat Joe recruited Carmelo and Amare to Terror Squad....and Fat Joe this offseason said he helped recruit Amare to the Knicks and that he speaks to Melo every day and that hes 99.99% sure that melo will be a Knick.....I never knew he was so close to NBA players .....notice how most of the players on Jay Z and Fat Joe team would later say they would love to play for the Knicks or have played for the Knicks - Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Curry, Radolph, Harrigton, Tmac, Amare
People who were interested - Alston, Ron Artest, Lebron?, Melo???

I also believe Telfair and Odom were once interested in playing for NY

To sum things up it looks like the players loved playing in NY during that tournament and therefore seemed interested (later in their life) to play for the Knicks

CavsYanksDuke
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, so the video got removed. Where can I see this?

Klivlend
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, so the video got removed. Where can I see this?

Someone help us out. I want to watch this...and I'm at work and really bored, haha

airronijordan
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Youtube Jay Z vs Fat Joe...its split into 3 parts

td0tsfinest
09-08-2010, 12:31 PM
video was removed

airronijordan
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
the video isnt removed on youtube!

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhQHIEQyjU
on the related videos you will also see part 2 and 3....Im too lazy to post them now...sorry

J4KOP99
09-08-2010, 01:21 PM
the video isnt removed on youtube!

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhQHIEQyjU
on the related videos you will also see part 2 and 3....Im too lazy to post them now...sorry

Damn, that quality is horrible.

Jonathan2323
09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I clicked on the link(OP) and since i have Norton virus it said "a recent attempt to atack your computer was stopped". So don't click the link.

JDMVP
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
So yall mean to say Fat Joe´s team had Melo,amare and marbury and more i assume
and S.carter had Bron,Crawford,Curry,telfair and shaq??? i just dont undertsand the whole roster can somebody tell me

RulerSlick
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I remember this.

airronijordan
09-08-2010, 04:37 PM
So yall mean to say Fat Joe´s team had Melo,amare and marbury and more i assume
and S.carter had Bron,Crawford,Curry,telfair and shaq??? i just dont undertsand the whole roster can somebody tell me

Terror Squad Roster - marbury, alston (skip to my lou), Artest, Melo, Amare, Al Harrington, Zach Randolph - these are only the NBA players on his team, there were other players

S. Carter Roster - Telfair, Odom, Tmac, Lebron, Shaq, Crawford, Eddy Curry

too bad that game never happened

BOSTON617
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Terror Squad Roster - marbury, alston (skip to my lou), Artest, Melo, Amare, Al Harrington, Zach Randolph - these are only the NBA players on his team, there were other players

S. Carter Roster - Telfair, Odom, Tmac, Lebron, Shaq, Crawford, Eddy Curry

too bad that game never happened

jay-z team is much better lol

ChiSox219
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
That move was by Odom was sick.

airronijordan
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
That move was by Odom was sick.

Agreed, the best highlight in the documentary

and Terror Squad had good team chemistry.....while most of jay z team were going to play together for the 1st time that day (lebron,tmac,and shaq)

too bad jay z never showed up.....P.S even lebron tweeted last night that he saw the documentary and that he wishes "it was still popping like that"

RulerSlick
09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Odom move was sick lol

D Roses Bulls
09-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I clicked on the link(OP) and since i have Norton virus it said "a recent attempt to atack your computer was stopped". So don't click the link.

the link is fine...... everyone else has no trouble and i didnt get a virus. its from world star hip hop. so the website isnt bad. its probably something with your settings on norton cause i have norton too

CavsYanksDuke
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Can I get a link to this from somebody? I can't find it on any of the links in this thread.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Can I get a link to this from somebody? I can't find it on any of the links in this thread.

did you try youtube? or just google it...... something should come up.

D Roses Bulls
09-14-2010, 07:18 PM

and its working fine for me on worldstar, I just tried it again.