PDA

View Full Version : David West or Nenad Kristic

#24 Lakerland
08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
ok. i think this is the hardest one. what do you guys think?

marvILLous
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
yeh.. good comparison.. but i have a feeling david west is really going to break out.. and he will become better than krstic

Drtino
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Krstic, of course...:D

omar
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
they both hav great passing pgs on there team but i hav to go with west. West, i think, will be better then nenad. But nenad will be pretty good to.

SaimoNETS
08-28-2006, 05:20 PM
definitely krstic he's gonna be like brad miller

Drtino
08-28-2006, 05:28 PM
definitely krstic he's gonna be like brad miller

Probably even better. I got to set high expectations on this kid. He's only 21 and he can shoot the perimeter ball and post up real well when he's really feeling the momentum going his way.

Raptors27
08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
v/ kristic

IceAmigo
08-28-2006, 09:02 PM
its gotta be krstic!

Nets21
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Kristic no doubt

ala
08-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Kristic no doubt
I'll give you 2 guesses who I voted for? :p

ChiCitySPORTS
08-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Kristic has the potential to be a very good big man...of what i have seen of him, if he develops a bit more and adds more rebounding...NJ is going to be freaky.

Raps06
09-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Kristic because I haven't really followed west but Kristic is definately on the right path. Statistics wise west is becoming a good offensive player and will probably end up being better than Kristic as Paul develops further.

Tom81
10-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Kristic

HouRealCoach
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
David West

Ebbs
08-16-2009, 09:25 PM
ahshahahaha west man without a doubt

Vinny642
08-16-2009, 09:49 PM
David West

yanks19791024
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
To easy-West

kozelkid
08-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Wow, some of you guys are really dumb. You realize this thread was back in 2006...
Someone needs to lock it and ebbs needs to stop necroposting.

JordansBulls
08-17-2009, 05:23 PM
No contest

Vinny642
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I knwo someone renewed this thread, IDK why people were so high on Kristic for anyways.

DWest and you dont know what it is!

kozelkid
08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I knwo someone renewed this thread, IDK why people were so high on Kristic for anyways.

DWest and you dont know what it is!

Kristic was considered very good and full of potential before the injuries. As for West, when this was posted, it was only after his first good season with Paul. I could see why it was close. Now obviously, since Kristic hasn't able to do **** while West has been a 2 time allstar (though imo he is very overrated) it obviously isn't a contest.

Vinny642
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Kristic was considered very good and full of potential before the injuries. As for West, when this was posted, it was only after his first good season with Paul. I could see why it was close. Now obviously, since Kristic hasn't able to do **** while West has been a 2 time allstar (though imo he is very overrated) it obviously isn't a contest.

Rose is overrated, alot of people think he is the top 3 PG, when he isnt yet.

kozelkid
08-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Rose is overrated, alot of people think he is the top 3 PG, when he isnt yet.

Wow. :laugh2:
This has zero to do with Rose, yet you somehow bring him up. That's pitiful. Simply pathetic on your part. Get used to it. People have opinions. Sorry, but David West is overrated.
And I agree, Rose atm is overrated too. I definitely don't think he's top 3, although hopefully he will by the end of next season. Still pathetic attempt of bating on your part.

Vinny642
08-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow. :laugh2:
This has zero to do with Rose, yet you somehow bring him up. That's pitiful. Simply pathetic on your part. Get used to it. People have opinions. Sorry, but David West is overrated.
And I agree, Rose atm is overrated too. I definitely don't think he's top 3, although hopefully he will by the end of next season. Still pathetic attempt of bating on your part.

U wanna take a shot at my teams player, I took at shot at yours, thats how it goes. How can you justify West being overrated. You don't know enough about him. All you think he is , is a product of Paul. When in reality, he isnt bad without Paul. You dont know how valuable he is to the Hornets.

kozelkid
08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
U wanna take a shot at my teams player, I took at shot at yours, thats how it goes. How can you justify West being overrated. You don't know enough about him. All you think he is , is a product of Paul. When in reality, he isnt bad without Paul. You dont know how valuable he is to the Hornets.

I take a shot at your team's player? THIS THREAD IS ABOUT "YOUR" PLAYER! Lol :laugh:
I've seen plenty of Hornets games so don't assume what you don't know, and I believe that he is overrated. He isn't a very good rebounder. Paul is a huge reason as to why West scores as much as he does. West became as good as he is BECAUSE of Paul. That just means Paul is that good. West on otherhand, while an allstar with Paul, is merely above average without. His fg% is very pedestrian for a pf, in fact he shot as bad as 43% while Paul was gone. So yes I do think he's overrated. Considering that he definitely shouldn't have been an allstar this year over guys like Al Jefferson, Durant, and Melo.

Vinny642
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I take a shot at your team's player? THIS THREAD IS ABOUT "YOUR" PLAYER! Lol :laugh:
I've seen plenty of Hornets games so don't assume what you don't know, and I believe that he is overrated. He isn't a very good rebounder. Paul is a huge reason as to why West scores as much as he does. West became as good as he is BECAUSE of Paul. That just means Paul is that good. West on otherhand, while an allstar with Paul, is merely above average without. His fg% is very pedestrian for a pf, in fact he shot as bad as 43% while Paul was gone. So yes I do think he's overrated. Considering that he definitely shouldn't have been an allstar this year over guys like Al Jefferson, Durant, and Melo.

Did he in your opinion deserve to be in the all star game when it was in the hornet place? If you say no you are a hater.

He is not overrated. He made the all star game, so what its not like he is *** or anything. He plays with Paul. Cp is amazing, but you should never count out West. He plays great against great PFs

kozelkid
08-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Did he in your opinion deserve to be in the all star game when it was in the hornet place? If you say no you are a hater.

Ya probably. But even if I didn't believe that, that doesn't make me a "hater". He isn't Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Chris Paul, or Dwight Howard, he doesn't put unbelievable stats that blow away any other player playing his respective position. He likely won't be an every year allstar because he simply isn't THAT good. He's good to the point where he will likely make a few in his career. But never will be an obvious pick.

He is not overrated. He made the all star game, so what its not like he is *** or anything.

Well that settles it. AI also made the allstar game this year and Yi almost did as well.

He plays with Paul. Cp is amazing, but you should never count out West. He plays great against great PFs
CP3 is a amazing and is a huge reason why West is as he is. West is a good player, but he isn't a great player and the only way a team will succeed with him as your second option is if your 1st option is essentially Lebron or Kobe along with a very strong supporting cast. Otherwise, very unlikely and as you can see, or at least I hope, Hornet's current team is unlikely to win a championship when it's going against powerhouses like Spurs, Lakers, Magic, Celtics or Cavs. Not without an additional very good perimeter player.

Vinny642
08-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Ya probably. But even if I didn't believe that, that doesn't make me a "hater". He isn't Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Chris Paul, or Dwight Howard, he doesn't put unbelievable stats that blow away any other player playing his respective position. He likely won't be an every year allstar because he simply isn't THAT good. He's good to the point where he will likely make a few in his career. But never will be an obvious pick.

Well that settles it. AI also made the allstar game this year and Yi almost did as well.

CP3 is a amazing and is a huge reason why West is as he is. West is a good player, but he isn't a great player and the only way a team will succeed with him as your second option is if your 1st option is essentially Lebron or Kobe along with a very strong supporting cast. Otherwise, very unlikely and as you can see, or at least I hope, Hornet's current team is unlikely to win a championship when it's going against powerhouses like Spurs, Lakers, Magic, Celtics or Cavs. Not without an additional very good perimeter player.

1St Bold- Duhh he isnt a superstar, if he was we woulda win a title.

2nd Bold- AI was in last all star game. And YI was almost voted in by the fans. West was voted in by players and coaches!!! I think they know more then you.

3rd Bold- Hornets dont get all star people for MLE, its BS. But If we had Kobe instead of Paul we wouldn't be better. Because Paul makes players more better then Kobe does.

kozelkid
08-18-2009, 07:16 PM
1St Bold- Duhh he isnt a superstar, if he was we woulda win a title.

And he isn't as good as you think he is, either.

2nd Bold- AI was in last all star game. And YI was almost voted in by the fans. West was voted in by players and coaches!!! I think they know more then you.

I don't think so. At least not all of them or all time. They have been known to make very poor judgments very often. Like for instance the fact West was picked in this year's allstar game instead of Durant, Melo or Jefferson.

3rd Bold- Hornets dont get all star people for MLE, its BS.

Don't get what relation that has at all to this but whatever.

But If we had Kobe instead of Paul we wouldn't be better. Because Paul makes players more better then Kobe does.

Now you are just being a homer. Paul may be a better playmaker, but Kobe is certainly a better player overall, so no Hornets would be better with Kobe. Still probably not a contender though since their supporting cast and bench isn't very good

Vinny642
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM
And he isn't as good as you think he is, either.

I don't think so. At least not all of them or all time. They have been known to make very poor judgments very often. Like for instance the fact West was picked in this year's allstar game instead of Durant, Melo or Jefferson.

Don't get what relation that has at all to this but whatever.

Now you are just being a homer. Paul may be a better playmaker, but Kobe is certainly a better player overall, so no Hornets would be better with Kobe. Still probably not a contender though since their supporting cast and bench isn't very good

Kobe may be better individually, but thats not what I was saying. I said CP is better at making the people around him better.

Then when U said West isnt as good as I think he is, yes he is. He is a person that we need, who would be a good player without Paul, but that doesnt mater since we got Paul and it makes him a borderline all star.

Yes Melo Durant and Jefferson are better, but they'll get their time. TMac almost made it over CP in the starting position last year.

kozelkid
08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Kobe may be better individually, but thats not what I was saying. I said CP is better at making the people around him better.

Fair enough.

Then when U said West isnt as good as I think he is, yes he is. He is a person that we need, who would be a good player without Paul, but that doesnt mater since we got Paul and it makes him a borderline all star.

Yet West had a fg% of 43 without Paul.
Sure, he is a huge part of your team, but there are quite a few pf's who are better and would make your team better. There is always improvement. With that being said, I'm not saying you need improvement at that position but you certainly need a very good perimeter as well to become a contender because West isn't Amare or Bosh good where if those 2 played with Paul, Hornets would probably be a contender.

Yes Melo Durant and Jefferson are better, but they'll get their time.

Ok. But my point still stands that West is overrated if he was picked over these 3 players who are clearly better. And the fact that coaches' opinion often matters very little as evidence of how good a player is.

TMac almost made it over CP in the starting position last year.

As you yourself said, by fan vote.

goose15
08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Maddog Madsen is better than Kristic

BaustinSali08
08-18-2009, 10:28 PM
West, but Kristic is getting there.

Sportfan
08-19-2009, 11:52 AM

He is not overrated. He made the all star game, so what its not like he is *** or anything. He plays with Paul. Cp is amazing, but you should never count out West. He plays great against great PFs

The all star game voting is a joke. Fail on your part if you think he's not overrated because he made the asg. He got in because the "casual fan" saw his stats were inflated from Paul

J-Relo
08-19-2009, 12:23 PM
KRISTIC!!!...

close this tread...

Vinny642
08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
The all star game voting is a joke. Fail on your part if you think he's not overrated because he made the asg. He got in because the "casual fan" saw his stats were inflated from Paul

Fail on this whole comment. David West wasn't voted in by the fans. The coaches and players voted him in.

kozelkid
08-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Fail on this whole comment. David West wasn't voted in by the fans. The coaches and players voted him in.

Regardless it's still a poor way of judging a player's ability.

Lakersfan2483
08-20-2009, 12:53 AM
West

Saint Brian
08-20-2009, 07:36 AM
West

MrFastBreak
08-26-2009, 05:54 PM
J-Relo picked Kristic over West. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

willthethrill22
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
West

theuuord
08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
This thread reminds me of how well Krstic was performing until his heartbreaking ACL injury.
Watching the video is still painful.

I mean we ended up getting Brook Lopez partly as a result of it, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise...I'm just upset that he'll likely never reach what would have been his full potential.

BigEric
08-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Well since I usually argue with Vinny about this at home, I can't take his side on the site.

West has become vastly overrated. He used to be that guy who was under rated and under talked about. But what exactly is David West?

He's an undersized, unathletic PF who shoots jumpshots. He doesn't dominate the post, he isn't crafty like Brand (he is undersized, but has incredible wing span, like West.) He isn't a good rebounder and he's a crybaby. You'll always see that sour pus face when something doesn't go his way.

Im not a firm believer in that "he's a product" crap, but he does benefit from having Paul on his team, as does the rest of that team. But I mean David West isn't something special.

David West, good player, decent jumpshooting PF, that's it.

Vinny642
08-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Well since I usually argue with Vinny about this at home, I can't take his side on the site.

West has become vastly overrated. He used to be that guy who was under rated and under talked about. But what exactly is David West?

He's an undersized, unathletic PF who shoots jumpshots. He doesn't dominate the post, he isn't crafty like Brand (he is undersized, but has incredible wing span, like West.) He isn't a good rebounder and he's a crybaby. You'll always see that sour pus face when something doesn't go his way.

Im not a firm believer in that "he's a product" crap, but he does benefit from having Paul on his team, as does the rest of that team. But I mean David West isn't something special.

David West, good player, decent jumpshooting PF, that's it.

Decent? He is one of the best big men shooters.
And actually isn't a bad rebounder either.
Also did you forget to mention his toughness, and desire to win.
We'd be an average team without West. At Best.

He does complain about calls... but everybody does.

The_Mac22
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
West.

BigEric
08-28-2009, 01:43 AM
He's a good player, nothing to go goo goo gaa gaa over. His situation is benefical to his success.

He certainly isn't an all star talent, he gets in for his numbers, but doesn't do anything special.

He is a very dry player , to watch. He lacks any type of consistant post move, he doesn't jump out of the building and shoots too many jump shots. Im not a West hater, Im telling it how it is. He is similar to an early careered Abdur Rahim minus post moves, plus toughness.

kozelkid
08-28-2009, 08:05 AM
He's a good player, nothing to go goo goo gaa gaa over. His situation is benefical to his success.

He certainly isn't an all star talent, he gets in for his numbers, but doesn't do anything special.

He is a very dry player , to watch. He lacks any type of consistant post move, he doesn't jump out of the building and shoots too many jump shots. Im not a West hater, Im telling it how it is. He is similar to an early careered Abdur Rahim minus post moves, plus toughness.

Thank you. :clap:

dre1990
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Kristic

Vinny642
08-29-2009, 01:10 AM

I know what West is... when did I say people should worship him?
Im saying he puts up his numbers and is a borderline all star, well WAS not anymore.
He is consistent with his mid range J. And is alot more clutch then people think. He may not be underrated anymore, but I wouldn't consider him OVERrated.

todu82
08-29-2009, 12:51 PM
David West