PDA

View Full Version : Kobe & Artest or Wade & James on Defense?

Ethix11
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Individual defense is one thing. But help defense can be your bread and butter and stop other teams cold. Who is going to create more stops and pester the other teams backcourt/wings?

asandhu23
09-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Kobe and Artest. hands down.

RenegadeRiot36
09-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Watching LeDouchbag for 7 years, i can say that all the hype Lebron has on defense comes from his off-man defending, not man to man. He is a great athlete and uses his athleticism to make blocks and steals, not defensive awareness or pure skill that artest has. While i would say that Wade and Kobe at this point are equal defensively, I would hands down take Artest over LeBron. LBJ is a GREAT off man defender in a help defense but man to man, the skills just arent there.

Raidaz4Life
09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Kobe and Artest... simply because I like their more physical style.

Khalifa21
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
At this point in their careers? LeBron and Wade.

Artest just came off his worst defensive season in a long time (still a good defensive season by anyone's standards), but he has lost a step and struggles to stay in front of some of the faster wings in the league.

LeBron and Wade are a great combination, because both are great help defenders. If one of them gets beat, you still gotta get it past the other one.

Chronz
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Wade and Bron simply because Kobe and Artest dont get to keep Bynum and Gasol behind them in this comparison.

Klivlend
09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Wade and Bron simply because Kobe and Artest dont get to keep Bynum and Gasol behind them in this comparison.

+1

Wade and Lebron

Zefflin
09-07-2010, 02:33 PM
I'll take KB and Ronron, I can't wait till we get to see this...

WadeKobe
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Watching [LeBron] for 7 years, i can say that all the hype Lebron has on defense comes from his off-man defending, not man to man. He is a great athlete and uses his athleticism to make blocks and steals, not defensive awareness or pure skill that artest has. While i would say that Wade and Kobe at this point are equal defensively, I would hands down take Artest over LeBron. LBJ is a GREAT off man defender in a help defense but man to man, the skills just arent there.

^^^^ THIS! :clap:

Until LeBron can prove otherwise, this will be my feelings.

The L Train
09-07-2010, 03:45 PM
This is the easiest question I've seen on here since "How many championships would Lebron have won with Jordan's bulls."

Wow.

Kobe and Artest, by a country mile.

Bruno
09-07-2010, 05:27 PM
At this point in their careers? LeBron and Wade.

Artest just came off his worst defensive season in a long time (still a good defensive season by anyone's standards), but he has lost a step and struggles to stay in front of some of the faster wings in the league.

LeBron and Wade are a great combination, because both are great help defenders. If one of them gets beat, you still gotta get it past the other one.

Kevin Durant would say otherwise. Artest was extremely physical with him; Durant averaged five less points per game vs. the Lakers in the first round than he did in the regular season. His FG% also dropped from 47.6% to 35% while matched up against Artest.

Artest may have lost half a step since his 2004 DPOY, but his size, defensive IQ, quick hands and physical presence can make even the best scorer in the league look human.

jackdawson
09-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Wade and LeBron.

TylerSL
09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
wow dude, Wade and Lebron are both better defenders than Kobe, and Artest is the best of all of them, but as a combo I say Wade and Lebron.

WadeKobe
09-08-2010, 01:08 AM
wow dude, Wade and Lebron are both better defenders than Kobe, and Artest is the best of all of them, but as a combo I say Wade and Lebron.

As a Heat fan I love the homerism, but this simply isn't true. It is very close between Kobe and Wade. However, Kobe is certainly better than LeBron James on defense.

TylerSL
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
As a Heat fan I love the homerism, but this simply isn't true. It is very close between Kobe and Wade. However, Kobe is certainly better than LeBron James on defense.

wow are you serious??? I agree it very close between Wade and Kobe, slight advantage to Wade, but Lebron is a better defender than both of them.

Raidaz4Life
09-08-2010, 09:51 AM
wow are you serious??? I agree it very close between Wade and Kobe, slight advantage to Wade, but Lebron is a better defender than both of them.

Lebron is a second tier defender while Kobe, Wade, and Artest are all easy first tiers.

marlinsfan24
09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Even as a Heat fan, I'd take the Artest-Kobe combo for defense.

WadeKobe
09-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Yes I'm serious. This isn't even close to true. LeBron is a very, very good help defender. On-the-ball he's good. Kobe is a top-notch on-the-ball defender who is still good in help.

Wade is a very, very good on-the-ball defender who is the single best held-defender in the league (at the guard position). It's not even close. I don't think this can even be argued. Look at his BLK% and STL%

LBJ6
09-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Lebron and Wade

MiamiWadeCounty
09-11-2010, 09:17 AM
as a heat fan, kobe and artest. kobe is slightly better than wade imo and artest is still better man to man than lebron.

Meaze_Gibson
09-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Kobe and Artest because both are top-notch and fearless. They dont care bout gettin crossed, dunked on embarassed etc..Wade is the only fearless one in the other combo. Bron has good d but he aint riskin bein put on a highlight.