PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs: 4 Boston Celtics vs. 5 Toronto Raptors

Catfish1314
09-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Every summer, PSD holds an NBA Mock Offseason. Exactly what it sounds like, this game is a mock of the real 2010 offseason which starts off from the date the Lakers won the NBA Championship. Posters on PSD act as the GMs of assigned teams and they make trades, draft players, and sign free agents to try to create the best team. These are the Mock NBA Playoffs.

This first round match-up features the 4th seeded Boston Celtics versus the 5th seeded Toronto Raptors. The Celtics have home-court advantage.

Vote for who you think would win in a 7 game series. Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Celtics:

C-Brendan Haywood/Derrick Caracter
PF-Kevin Garnett/David West
SF-Paul Pierce/J.P. Prince
SG-J.J. Redick/Anthony Parker
PG-Jason Kidd/Nate Robinson

Raptors:

C-Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson
PF-Al Jefferson/Brandon Bass/Yi Jianlian/Reggie Evans
SF-Jeff Green/Quentin Richardson/Julian Wright
SG-Richard Jefferson/DeMar DeRozan
PG-Raymond Felton/Jarrett Jack/Ronnie Price

The Raptors and Celtics did not send in write-ups.

bigsams50
09-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Celtics

NYKalltheway
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Starting line ups are 50-50 maybe but Celtics' bench will decide this for sure

Ragun
09-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Starting line ups are 50-50 maybe but Celtics' bench will decide this for sure

he's got depth at positions. anthony parker is definitely on the decline...ever since his contract year in toronto.

i have depth on defense at EVERY position.

bargnani and al jeff is going to be a frigging nightmare for garnett and haywood. can't say the same thing the other way around.

richard jefferson will rape reddick.

paul pierce has the advantage on green but green is bigger, stronger, more athletic and can play good defense but can score the ball too.

kidd is going to start declining anytime now. and felton is a top 4 defensive point guiard and arguably was the best defensive point guard last year.

Antipod
09-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Celtics, they are deeper.

Baller1
09-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Sweep...

CityofTreez
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
gotta be the Celtics

Rivera
09-07-2010, 02:07 PM
celtics

greg_ory_2005
09-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Wow, David West as the 6th man lol. You shoulda tried and got a better SG, considering Redick is garbage.

Super.
09-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Celtics, but i HATE that team

BillyHoyle35
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
bargnani and al jeff is going to be a frigging nightmare for garnett and haywood. can't say the same thing the other way around.

i dont agree with this, haywood could be effective on D against big al, and KG would be enough to cover bargnani. and its not like big al and bargs are very good defenders. David West will give them trouble as well.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-08-2010, 12:54 AM
gotta be celtics the raptors team has like half the roster they have thsi year :facepalm:

Philly Hammer
09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
he's got depth at positions. anthony parker is definitely on the decline...ever since his contract year in toronto.

i have depth on defense at EVERY position.

richard jefferson will rape reddick.

paul pierce has the advantage on green but green is bigger, stronger, more athletic and can play good defense but can score the ball too.

kidd is going to start declining anytime now. and felton is a top 4 defensive point guiard and arguably was the best defensive point guard last year.Yeah right get off Toronto's nuts. Celtics win in a 4 game sweep easily.

Ebbs
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah right get off Toronto's nuts. Celtics win in a 4 game sweep easily.

Well he is TO's GM.

And Although it could go either way not a chance Boston wins in 4 lol.

Ragun
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
i dont agree with this, haywood could be effective on D against big al, and KG would be enough to cover bargnani. and its not like big al and bargs are very good defenders. David West will give them trouble as well.

Yeah right get off Toronto's nuts. Celtics win in a 4 game sweep easily.

did you guys see garnett guard bargnani? he struggled to guard bargnani last year...even if it was perkins on bargnani. both guys dont have the mobility to stick with bargnani...and with a low post presence like al jeff and the presence of a very athletic big man who can drain jump shots all day, you gotta play single coverage.

i would also like to add the celtics are an aging team who also traded their best young player for a guy who is turning 37 i think.

there is no point in arguing.

richard jefferson will murder reddick. and on defense i can put felton on reddick and rjeff on kidd.

Sportfan
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
:laugh:

Seriously, this is close. The idiot who said Boston sweeps need to give a reason.

KG has no chance blocking Bargnani. Neither does West. They're both post defenders and will have no answer to Bargs jump shot. Al jeff is also better than haywood by a country mile. He'll decimate him with his post game Raptors take frontcourt easily

Redick is nothing more than a 7th man. Kidd is on his last legs. Jefferson is still a quality 20 point scorer with good defense and Felton is a serviceable PG. At SF celtics obviously win, but Green is no slouch. Very athletic and bigger size than Pierce. He can get by Pierce if he needs to. I love Pierce and he's better than Green but it doesnt make up the frontcourt and backcourt difference.

Raps in 6

pebloemer
09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Why no write ups?