PDA

View Full Version : Gasol, Pau or Bryant, Kobe last year

Dr.J>YOU
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Who was better and deserved finals mvp last year

ChiBulls91
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
despite kobe's last game, where he really only had a poor shooting night, kobe dominated that series. there was talk of him possibly getting finals mvp even if the celtics won the series.

The Final Boss
09-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Kobe dominated the series. I've watched Game 7 about 3 or 4 times and Kobe had a poor shooting night but had like 16 or 17 rebounds, a lot of steals, a lot of assists, and played stellar defense against Rondo and Allen. Oh, yeah and I'm not surprised he closed out the final 5 minutes with a dagger 3, dagger jumper, offensive rebounds, and 2 assists for 3's (Artest and Fisher).

Dr.J>YOU
09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Every game the Lakers won that series, Kobe played bad in.

barreleffact
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
kobe was THE laker focal point. an d kobe nvr played badly. he shot poorly but the old saying says great players find other ways to contribute. he definately did. no gasol and they lose but no kobe and they get bent over

lakers4sho
09-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Where was Pau in games 4 and 5?

Avenged
09-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Kobe deserved it and he got it, no need to bring this back up again. Get over it.

Gasol has a case for himself as well, I wouldn't have gotten mad if he would have won. It just goes to show you how good the Lakers 2 best players really are.

Minimal
09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Gasol. And who knows what would have happened if Gasol didn't make that buzzer beater against OKC after Kobe missed his buzzer beater...maybe Lakers even didn't pass first round.
Gasol was making 19.6 PPG 11.1 RPG 3.5 APG and 2.1 BPG during playoffs, this are like stats of Tim Duncan.
He was averaging 19.6 PPG with 306 attempted shots during playoffs, Kobe had almost twice more shots attempted with 511. Kobe was stealing shots of Pau, who is far efficient scorer.
I don't like Finals MVP title, it should be Playoffs MVP. In both cases it should have been Gasol.

barreleffact
09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
^ wrong. playoff mvp would have easily been kobe. he was shooting nearly 50% before the finals and draws all the attention. gasol is great, but without kobe running the offense and being the main guy defenses target, gasol would be limited. gasol gets many easy shots from kobe. even jumpers that he hits are often not due to defenses being in his face. they are focusing on kobe. statistically kobe was dropping 30 ppg on 50% shooting thru the middle 2 series. yes, kobe missed 2 would have been game winners but neither of them were series ending if he misses them. so to say they might not have gotten past the first round is a moot point when it was only game 6 and the next game would have been a home game against an inexperienced and young team.

Dr.J>YOU
09-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Where was Pau in games 4 and 5?

Those were the games they lost. They won every game Kobe played bad in.