PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Playoffs: 2 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 7 Chicago Bulls

Catfish1314
09-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Every summer, PSD holds an NBA Mock Offseason. Exactly what it sounds like, this game is a mock of the real 2010 offseason which starts off from the date the Lakers won the NBA Championship. Posters on PSD act as the GMs of assigned teams and they make trades, draft players, and sign free agents to try to create the best team. These are the Mock NBA Playoffs.

This first round match-up features the 2nd seeded Cleveland Cavaliers versus the 7th seeded Chicago Bulls. The Cavaliers have home-court advantage.

Vote for who you think would win in a 7 game series. Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Cavaliers:

C-Nazr Mohammed/Shaquille OíNeal/Zydrunas Ilguaskas/Kosta Koufos
PF-Kenyon Martin/Chris Wilcox/Josh Powell
SF-LeBron James/Courtney Lee/Jawad Williams/Renaldo Balkman
SG-Jason Richardson/Roger Mason
PG-Gilbert Arenas/Earl Watson/Sherron Collins

Bulls:

C-Marcin Gortat/Etan Thomas/Theo Ratliff
PF-Al Horford/Jason Maxiell
SF-Michael Beasley/Ersan Ilyasova/Matt Carroll
SG-Francisco Garcia/Marquis Daniels/Marco Bellineli
PG-Derrick Rose/Mario Chalmers

Cavaliers Write-up:

Point Guard: Gilbert Arenas vs. Derrick Rose
Obviously, Rose is a great player. However, Arenas has the ability to beat Roseís often. Rose is a decent defender, but heís far from spectacular. Arenas can score in a variety of ways, as can Rose, so I doubt there will be much defense played here. Earl Watson will also play a good deal of minutes at PG, and heís a good enough defender to slow Rose down a bit. Chalmers doesnít have the defensive quality to stop Arenas however, when Rose is out.

Shooting Guard: Jason Richardson vs. Francisco Garcia
This matchup isnít even close. Garcia should be about the 3rd of 4th guy off the bench at best, and J-Rich will shoot the lights out here. With Garcia hardly posing a threat offensively, Richardson can focus all of his time on shooting threes, with the occasional drive and score. Heíll have an easy time spacing the floor for LeBron here. Our sixth man Courtney Lee, who started for the 08-09 Magic who made the Finals, will get good minutes at SG, as will Roger Mason Jr. Their backups Marquis Daniels and Marco Belinelli hardly pose much of a threat, and Daniels was horrible in Boston last year.

Small Forward: LeBron James vs. Michael Beasley
This is another easy win for the Cavaliers here. Beasley is a talented player, but he hasnít put it all together yet in the NBA. Beasley is really better suited to play PF in the NBA, especially defensively. Heís not going to put much pressure on LeBron at all, and LeBron will man handle him offensively. Expect Courtney Lee and Jawad Williams to log the minutes here when LeBron is out, or playing PF. Ersan Ilyasova is a nice backup for this team, but heís not going to contribute much more than some nice offense. Matt Carroll would be horrible out of position at SF, heís a pure SG.

Power Forward: Kenyon Martin vs. Al Horford
Horford is a very talented player, but Kenyon Martin is still a skilled defender. I wouldnít expect Martin to score much here, but I think he could limit Horfordís chances. We plan to limit Martinís minutes to save his knees and allow him to be fresh when heís on the floor. When LeBron is at PF, neither Horford nor Maxiell will be able to match up with him. Chris Wilcox, Josh Powell, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas will all see some minutes at PF as well.

Center: Nazr Mohammed vs. Marcin Gortat
I think this is another fairly easy win. Mohammed was fantastic last year, playing good offensively, and lock down defense on the other side of the ball. With a ORtg of 113 and a DRtg of 101, he was one of the most balanced centers in the NBA last year. He will start, and Shaq, Ilgauskas, and Koufos will all come in to spell him, in that order. We donít have a great center, but we have a great rotation that will really work to our advantage. Nazr is a great all-around player, Shaq is still a huge, physical prescence, Big Z brings us a European style option that can shoot, and Koufos is a big-bodied guy who can bang. Gortat for Chicago is a decent young player, but heís not going to score at all on Nazr. Theo Ratliff played well in Charlotte, but Etan Thomas was hardly on the floor in OKC, and is more of a forward than a center. None of them can match the variety of talents we have at center.

Overall, this matchup isnít really close. The Cavs have far too many advantages over the Bulls to possibly come close to losing this series.

The Bulls did not send in a write-up.

KnicksorBust
09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Cavs. Bulls should have at least done a writeup though.

Khalifa21
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
That Bulls team is garbage, Cavs would take this one.

Ragun
09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
cavs no doubt.

bostncelts34
09-06-2010, 11:13 AM
i dont even know how bulls got a 7th seed. terrible team

astrosmaniac
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
the east was really weak. compare this team to the #7 seeded thunder in the west

heattiltheend94
09-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't like either team too much, but went Cavs

Chacarron
09-06-2010, 11:37 AM

The East was weak as hell. About 12 teams from the West were playoff teams. I went Cavs, Lebron has a much better supporting cast.

Antipod
09-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Cavs.
Even if you take out best players from each team(`Bron & Rose) Cavs still are better.

PC
09-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Easily the Cavs, I'm not too impressed with the Bulls team

xbrackattackx
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Cavs.

HoopsDrive
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Cavs in 4.

Burkey3472
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Not a big fan of this Bulls team so I went Cavs in 5.

Baller1
09-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Cavs sweep, easily.

Ebbs
09-06-2010, 08:24 PM

East sucked. . .

But yea sorry Iggz. Rose + beas + Horford really could be soemthing nice in the future but you would probably lose in 5 here.

Gators123
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Cavs sweep, easily.

This

gbpackers12
09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
These Cavs would rape these Bulls.

Iggz53
09-06-2010, 10:19 PM
East sucked. . .

But yea sorry Iggz. Rose + beas + Horford really could be soemthing nice in the future but you would probably lose in 5 here.

Yeah probably. My team isn't built to compete now.

WadeKobe
09-07-2010, 02:38 AM
East sucked. . .

^^^^ This

I might even go sweep here, though.

Stunner
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Why does the Bulls team looks like ***! lol