PDA

View Full Version : What is your worst Basketball related Injury?

Byronicle
09-05-2010, 12:47 PM
honestly I use to feel like VC was such a poontang whenever he busted his ankles. well this week not only did I had the common inverted sprain where your ankle rolls inward, but then I got a everted sprain where it rolls outward, on the same ankle, in the same game

what's your worst basketball related injury

Niro
09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
i twisted my ankle a couple times..some dislocated fingers stuff like that..the more serious injuries i get while playing soccer

Chacarron
09-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I rolled my ankle when going for a rebound. It felt so weird because I never thought it would hurt that much. I always see players roll their ankles after jumping and I had no idea it would hurt that much. Fortunately I didn't step on anybody's foot when going dow from my jump because that would have been even more painful.

NYKalltheway
09-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I dribbled past a guy (close friend of mine), then stopped, he tripped me from behind by accident, I fell on my arm, he fell on me(he was quite heavier than me) and then my wrist broke or something...

I played for at least 15 more minutes (I generally don't feel injuries until 1-2 hours later at best) not feeling much pain, but next morning I had to go to the hospital and put cast on my wrist. Happened that it was that guy's birthday party the next morning and everyone was :O how did you hit.. nobody would remember I got tripped and fell on my arm coz I didn't make a deal about it :D

97NYer
09-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Torn cartilage.

C_Mund
09-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I've had my ego damaged a couple times.

netsgiantsyanks
09-05-2010, 01:03 PM
a jammed thumb, lol

IAmKira
09-05-2010, 01:05 PM
dislocated my right thumb. It will never be the same again. I can make my thumb into this creepy position. Couple of ankles, finger are forever jammed and the joints r screwed :/

knicksfan42
09-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Sprained ankles, which I currently still have.

MJ-BULLS
09-05-2010, 01:10 PM
a really severe jammed finger and couple of twisted ankles.

lavilevi23
09-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Broken finger...

airronijordan
09-05-2010, 01:14 PM
achillies tendinitis and jammed 3 fingers on my shooting hand in the same game

Melo4Mvp
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I broke 2 fingers and sprained a wrist once.

Ware_Spencer
09-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Fractured my thumb on shooting hand (I used to be double jointed in that thumb). Took 2 months before I could grip anything.

I got elbowed in my nose. Once I stopped the bleeding I was about to run back out to the court than my Dad told me my nose was pushed to the side. ha ha
It actually wasn't painful until about 2 hours into waiting in the ER. The wait was so long nobody dared break my nose back.
So I had to have surgery. Surgery was way more painful than the break. All the blood as to go down into your stomach during surgery. Imagine Throwing up blood for 3 days straight. I looked like Mike Tyson beat me for a week.

I have never sprained my ankle but I have heard the same thing. That its the most painful feeling. The people I have talked to said they have broken tons of bones but the sprained ankle was the worst.

dtmagnet
09-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Had tendinitis in both knees and a chronic lower back injury that bothered me for the better part of two years.

Chacarron
09-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I've sprained almost all my fingers so I can't crack my fingers anymore.

effen5
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Fractured my left ring finger
dislocated my right pinky
tore my achilles

f yea!

bahama0811
09-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I've sprained my ankle numerous times. That's about it though.

ifhmondays
09-05-2010, 01:34 PM
sprained wrist, twisted ankles, and as far as other injuries go pretty sure i tore something in my right ring finger in flag football finger got stuck between the persons waist and the flag and went all the way back and snapped all the way forward, can't even bend the tip of that finger.

bbcmillionaire
09-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Lol I made a guy fall and bust his knee before, but nithing hurts like rolling your ankle 3 times in 1 week(i'm a basketball addict)

nuggetsyankees
09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
couple of sprained ankles and a sore back...i tend to go up for blocks and i was in too much pain to get off the ground orrun at full speed

29$JerZ
09-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I've literally experience every possible limb injury playing ball, the worse I'd say would be when I rolled both my ankles, got punched in the eye going after a rebound and twisted my knee in the same Day.

Sadds The Gr8
09-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I rolled my ankle 5 times within 2.5 weeks. I kept playing on it and kept rolling it.

Hustlenomics
09-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I rolled my ankle when going for a rebound. It felt so weird because I never thought it would hurt that much. I always see players roll their ankles after jumping and I had no idea it would hurt that much. Fortunately I didn't step on anybody's foot when going dow from my jump because that would have been even more painful.

^ this

Daze9900
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Torn acl mcl and cartilage after coming down awkward after a blocked shot. I wish I could have taken that one back.

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
eh, just numerous jammed fingers, rolled my ankle a bunch of times, and a deep thigh bruise from attempting to play defense (which I never did much of)
My brother has broken his ankle, and torn the same acl twice.
I saw Al McGuire's grandson (he was a Big Ten Basketball announcer and great player) get his kneecap blown basically off. It was the worst I have seen, made my stomach hurt

I have had a few nasty ones fighting competitively, but I have been fortunate in basketball

Jays Claw
09-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I had torn my rotator cuff in 2007 diving for a ball. It hurted so much that I required surgery and nine months of rehab.

WeAreClutch
09-05-2010, 02:02 PM
basketball to the balls

Conundrum
09-05-2010, 02:02 PM
when i was 9 i went up for a rebound and steve shepard who was 16 pushed me in mid air...i tried to break my fall and my elbow hyper-extended and broke.

2 months in a cast and all the girls in Mrs Robinson's class wanted to sign :D

Law25
09-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I used to play ball as an teen and early twenties for money and the worst injury i had was hyperextended left knee and right elbow, also a couple jammed fingers. The jammed fingers hurt the worst at the time, but the elbow is what lingers still after ten years.

Evolution23
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I was playing basketball with air max sneakers and twisted and sprained my ankle really bad. :facepalm: I was on crutches for about a month, it hurt like a *****.

Gators123
09-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I was playing basketball with air max sneakers and twisted and sprained my ankle really bad. :facepalm: I was on crutches for about a month, it hurt like a *****.

Same here...

nuggetsyankees
09-05-2010, 02:22 PM
when i was 9 i went up for a rebound and steve shepard who was 16 pushed me in mid air...i tried to break my fall and my elbow hyper-extended and broke.

2 months in a cast and all the girls in Mrs Robinson's class wanted to sign :D

this :P

NYYCowboys
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
twisted ankle......knock on wood

unwantedplayer
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM
tore ligaments in my ankle

but ive had soo many injuries... sprained wrist, osgood shlotters disease (although not a basketball related injury), sprained ankles, pulled my hammy, broken nose...

gbrl
09-05-2010, 02:50 PM
my worst just happened a week ago, was wearing inappropriate shoes, went for a rebound landed on my friends foot rolled my ankle

Slimsim
09-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Sprain My wrist From intense Masturbation.

SA5195
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Pulled hamstring.

Partial tored knee ligament (which still bothers me).

Pulled my back, kinda bothers me when I sleep.

Jammed finger, which really hurt for like a week.

gbrl
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
^ probably true but not basketball related

Chacarron
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Sprain My wrist From intense Masturbation.

From watching WNBA? Weird :D

Slimsim
09-05-2010, 02:58 PM
from watching wnba? Weird :d

I'm not ashamed :D.

Chronz
09-05-2010, 03:00 PM
My style of play allows me to avoid injuries

netsgiantsyanks
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM

word to the wise, dont play with air maxes on, especially 90s

Jeff559
09-05-2010, 03:03 PM
ankle sprain, out three weeks

R.I.P.#34
09-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I've had some fairly severe ankle sprains as well as a stress fracture in my foot. A friend of mine though, tore his ACL, MCL, and some cartilage in his knee, when he was undercut on a layup.

sep11ie
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Knee. Balls. Nuff said.

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 03:14 PM
My style of play allows me to avoid injuries

you a chucker?

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I did forget, I sliced my lip open on the concrete after I was smashed from behind on a breakaway at the YMCA by some a-hole who thought the pickup game carried final 4 implications.

bigsams50
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Dislocated every finger on my right hand, and a couple of sprained ankles

wesso2008
09-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Was tryin out for high school basketball team sophmore year and went up to grab a rebound, came down on someone's foot, rolled my ankle upside down following the other guy's foot and my ankle snapped bout half-way thru. At the time i didn't think it was that bad just a twisted ankle...went to get up not knowing my foot was turned sideways and snapped it the rest of the way. U wanna talk bout a guy cryin like a lil *****....yea that was me. 2 surgeries , 3 pins inserted in my foot, and learning how to walk again...there ya go. Needless to say...I can never play any sport ever again. To this day i walk with a gimp limp. I think it was the same type of injury that happened to Grant Hill.

sep11ie
09-05-2010, 03:49 PM
you a chucker?

Thats racist!

fire2last
09-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Buddy of mine popped his testicle. Years ago, during a break time in high school guys were playing pickup. One guy had still had a pencil in his pocket. The two went up for a rebound and my buddy came down without the ball...and without his ball.

JWO35
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I literally broke someone's ankle, I didn't cross him over
Thankfully he had ankle insurance

Joshtd1
09-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Tore a ligament in my ankle after spraining it, hurt like a *****. Felt it pop, but didnt think anything of it and kept playing on it like a dummy..it still isnt right.

Also dislocated my pinky, tore a tendon, and chipped a bone in it all at the same time while trying to steal a pass..was out for about 2 months.

All my fingers are pretty messed up either from dislocating, or jamming or whatever.

millerandco
09-05-2010, 03:57 PM
torn acl :( knee recostruction

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Buddy of mine popped his testicle. Years ago, during a break time in high school guys were playing pickup. One guy had still had a pencil in his pocket. The two went up for a rebound and my buddy came down without the ball...and without his ball.

my friend in high school cleated a dude in the nuts during a soccer game and the dude lost the nut.
That would suck

sep11ie
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
my friend in high school cleated a dude in the nuts during a soccer game and the dude lost the nut.
That would suck

Did his ball stick to the cleat?

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Did his ball stick to the cleat?

haha, no. The dude went down, blood on his leg, lost that little nugget at the hospital.

KingsPhillies
09-05-2010, 04:16 PM
In the early/mid-90's I lived in northeastern North Carolina and played ball on my Middle School team. And in that area of the country, even middle school ball is extremely competitive. We played in a tiny gym where, on one side of the court, the out-of-bounds line was only a couple feet from the wall, and all the bleachers were on the other side. During our first home game of the season, I was fighting to save a ball that was going out, and just as I reached out for it another kid got pushed into me from behind...hard. My hand was still outstretched as I got blasted into the concrete wall. I didn't have time to react and my hand, which was still open and reaching for the ball, ended up getting smashed between my body and a solid concrete. The awkward positioning of my hand caused me to dislocate my thumb, and also fracture my wrist/thumb in 5 places. Of course I was unable to save the ball, and we ended up losing the game. No fouls were called on the play, either. Although I didn't really see what happened so maybe there was no foul. At that point I was in way too much pain to care anyway. It was bad enough to require surgery and some pins in my thumb. Then I had to wear a cast for almost an entire year...on my strong hand. It's been almost 16 years and my thumb still bugs me from time-to-time. On the bright side, UNC ended up winning the NCAA Tournament that season. And I looked super-cool at Heels games with my Carolina blue cast! :up: Ah, memories...

sep11ie
09-05-2010, 04:18 PM
haha, no. The dude went down, blood on his leg, lost that little nugget at the hospital.

Ewwwie, that sux. I'd tell them to dip it in chrome and make it my trophy.

Bruno
09-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Broken middle finger.

White_Mike
09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I went for a rebound, ended up jumping strangely high for it (I have no ups), go hit in mid-air and fell on my arm. I couldn't feel my arm for two hours but it was fine when I could. The entire time I was playing with one arm and thinking "lolwat" the entire time.

HeaTxRipZz
09-05-2010, 04:43 PM
The worst I ever had was Twisted Ankles and 3-4 torn legiments in my fingers (After going for a dunk and dude pulled my fingers all the way back)

Gators123
09-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Talking about Basketball Injury's reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2ryik9j9g

:speechless:

mvb815
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
the only time i got injured to the point where i couldn't continue was one time going up for a block and coming down on the front of my foot twisting my ankle bad.

i was back out next week though, and it was fragile, but i still got mine in games.

Kashmir13579
09-05-2010, 05:05 PM
honestly I use to feel like VC was such a poontang whenever he busted his ankles. well this week not only did I had the common inverted sprain where your ankle rolls inward, but then I got a everted sprain where it rolls outward, on the same ankle, in the same game

what's your worst basketball related injury

quad

Jamballin L@KER
09-05-2010, 05:49 PM
i had a seriously sprained ankle during mah basketball season but came back 2 weeks later to hit a 3 pointer (its what I do best) :)

Jewelz0376
09-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I've torn my acl in both knees...

First time I stole the ball had a breakaway and I went up for a dunk the guard on the other team tried to ball it...wasn't even close but knocked me off the rim and I landed my knee buckled when I landed

Second time I set a pick and rolled and the pass was high so I had to jump up and catch it and landed on sum1's foot and other knee bucked and torn my acl in my other knee

llemon
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
A broken heart

Angel2Maverick
09-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Got elbowed in the eye, going for the rebound

Agar81
09-06-2010, 02:31 AM
I've pulled/strained my hip flexors and hamstrings many times. I can't remember if one time it was in basketball (I think one of my hip flexor injuries was) but I once injured both of my hip flexors in the same baseball season (1 twice). The worst one was running to first and I felt and heard a pop that caused me to do a weird skip jump thing and I was in excruciating pain and couldn't walk (I did finish my run to first though)

Knicks21
09-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Broke a couple of ribs, failed a dunk :facepalm:

boriquaabe
09-06-2010, 03:06 AM
I took a poke in the eye so bad it later resulted in a detached retina for which I had 5 surgeries and had to keep head face down on and off after each surgery for 8 weeks. I am legally blind in that eye now.

And I was playing a little pick up ball in miami and this guy was trying his bully game on me. He was backing me down and purposely drove his shoulder under my chin which resulted in all my teeth biting into my tongue. The dudes thought I was cooked because blood was pouring out of my mouth. I washed up in the bathroom and rinsed my mouth, missed a couple of possesions and came back to sit the guy down...again.

alencp3
09-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I dribbled past a guy (close friend of mine), then stopped, he tripped me from behind by accident, I fell on my arm, he fell on me(he was quite heavier than me) and then my wrist broke or something...

I played for at least 15 more minutes (I generally don't feel injuries until 1-2 hours later at best) not feeling much pain, but next morning I had to go to the hospital and put cast on my wrist. Happened that it was that guy's birthday party the next morning and everyone was :O how did you hit.. nobody would remember I got tripped and fell on my arm coz I didn't make a deal about it :D

Cool story bro

knickfan4life
09-06-2010, 07:59 AM
tore my LCL... still hvnt gotten surgery

Edit:

Hey since everyone has the minor stuff on there, lets take a crack at this...

1. busted lips
2. black eye
3. missin 2 teeth
4. fractured right radius (forearm bone)
5. jammed all of my fingers at some point, but mostly right thumb, i dunno y
6. herniated 2 discs in my back
7. torn LCL in left knee
8. twisted both ankles, ligaments probably dont exist anymore, not a fan of doctors, if i can walk, i can play

yeah, i play down low, take some hits grabbing boards and trying to lay up right under the rim lol

and in ny, u make one sissy move, they sub u out, sooooo im 25 goin on 40 lol

Celtic AL
09-06-2010, 08:25 AM
I took a poke in the eye so bad it later resulted in a detached retina for which I had 5 surgeries and had to keep head face down on and off after each surgery for 8 weeks. I am legally blind in that eye now.

And I was playing a little pick up ball in miami and this guy was trying his bully game on me. He was backing me down and purposely drove his shoulder under my chin which resulted in all my teeth biting into my tongue. The dudes thought I was cooked because blood was pouring out of my mouth. I washed up in the bathroom and rinsed my mouth, missed a couple of possesions and came back to sit the guy down...again.

i know how ya feel man

Celtic AL
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
i blew out my Ankle! i dislocated it, Tore the Wall of tendons that hold the ankle in place & Broked the Tibia! for that i was out for 3 months!

DenButsu
09-06-2010, 08:34 AM
For me, as a Nuggets fan, it's mostly been broken hearts, headaches and bruised egos.

But I don't play basketball.

xbrackattackx
09-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I was a Forward in High School and our PG was a guy who actually plays in the D-League now but anyways he would wizz passes as fast as possible. So I got a Broken Finger and A nose from that guy,But we won state and he always got the passes by the defenders haha.

swinjas
09-06-2010, 12:16 PM
i played 7 years basketball , and just reached the national team of belgium , then twisted my ankle and the docter now said i can't play ball annymore !!

that's the worst annyone can happen !!

Hellcrooner
09-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Torn Ligament in BOth knees.

If i had been enough good to make it pro it woul d have been a continuois headache.

As a matter of fact ever since i passed to the wrong side of 30 i will have aches on them and they will fail me and go down to the floor.

I have to lose some weight whenever they give pme troule.

On theother side of the court i uninententionly broke some dudes jaw with my elbo w, they had to put some metal in the poor dudes mouth.

xbrackattackx
09-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Torn Ligament in BOth knees.

If i had been enough good to make it pro it woul d have been a continuois headache.

As a matter of fact ever since i passed to the wrong side of 30 i will have aches on them and they will fail me and go down to the floor.

I have to lose some weight whenever they give pme troule.

On the other side of the court i unintentionally broke some dudes jaw with my elbow , they had to put some metal in the poor dudes mouth.

At Least you were playing hard!

ZebraCity916
09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Torn ACL. I didn't get it fixed like I should have and I regret it all the time cause I can't play full on anymore. I have to take it easy and it just sucks. Hopefully I'll get it fixed in the next year though. If anyone in here tears a ligament or something and needs to have surgery and shrugs it off cause they don't think they really need it like I did, don't shrug it off. Get it done and over with. Believe me. I regret it all the time.

blacknell
09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
i broke my thumb on my shooting hand after geting my legs cut form under me

xbrackattackx
09-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Torn ACL. I didn't get it fixed like I should have and I regret it all the time cause I can't play full on anymore. I have to take it easy and it just sucks. Hopefully I'll get it fixed in the next year though. If anyone in here tears a ligament or something and needs to have surgery and shrugs it off cause they don't think they really need it like I did, don't shrug it off. Get it done and over with. Believe me. I regret it all the time.

Same thing happen to my Brother, he didn't get it repaired and he lost alot of his speed.

RedRicanoBx
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Fractured my Femur comming down wrong off a dunk

boriquaabe
09-06-2010, 05:33 PM
i know how ya feel man

Not you too.... Watching tv through a mirror and being forced to look at your feet 24/7 is the worst thing in the world. A truly humbling experience. I almost didn't bounce back from it. And amar'e talks about his 10 days of posturing was torture. Me and my lady just laughed....10 days.... try 8 weeks.

thescore53
09-06-2010, 05:47 PM
sprained ankle on jan 1 so bad i couldnt walk for almost a month. i was using crutches and hopping on one foot. doc said it was just a bad sprain but 8 months later im still feeling the affects.

xxcubs22xx
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
All i have ever had were some twisted ankles, thankfully...Some were bad though

stawka
09-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Tore two ligaments in my knee at the same time. Rolled ankle TOO many times, dislocated finger. FML

#1blumpkin
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
come down on the defenders foot after a lay up, and sprained my ankle and tore the ligaments in it, ankle swole to about the size of a softball

PraiseJesus
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
broke the knuckle bone off in my hand. same injury kobe got.

it still hurts to this day when i left heavy stuff

jasondrobinson
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
dislocated my knee coming down from a rebound a la shaun livingston