PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Fernandez to Nets in three-way deal

DitchDat
09-05-2010, 10:23 AM
found this on a Nets forum... any confirmation on this?

Trailblazers, Nets and Wizards agree on three-way Fernandez deal

According to undisclosed Trailblazers and Nets sources, a three-team deal is in place that would send disgruntled Portland shooting guard Rudy Fernandez, along with forward Dante Cunningham (a second-round pick in 2009) and cash considerations from the Wizards to the Mikhail Prokhorov-owned New Jersey Nets. The Portland Trailblazers are set to receive Wizards’ small forward Al Thornton, rookie center Trevor Booker and a second-round pick from the Nets. In the current deal, the Washington Wizards (who won the Draft last June and selected consensus No. 1 pick John Wall) would receive the Blazers’ Nicolas Batum (F) and rookie guard Elliot Williams, along with the Nets’ athletic forward Terrence Williams.

Please don't hate if it's not true, just thought I'd post it because it's one of the more interesting storylines out there.....

Thoughts though? Nets needed a shooting guard, but I think the Wizards get an awful lot without having to give up much

KnicksorBust
09-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Link? Blazers and Nets get bent over by the Wizards. I find it very hard to believe this is true.

effen5
09-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Hopefully its true, no more Rudy talk.

29$JerZ
09-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Washington wins that trade so hard if its true. Stupid move on the Portland FO if its true, NJ I don't see why they'd want to do it

SouljahPhil...
09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
wow...wizards win this trade by a mile...

Slimsim
09-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Talk about getting beat in the head Wizards win this deal.

arkanian215
09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Really? Jesus.

heathonater
09-05-2010, 10:46 AM
find this very hard to believe considering batum is one of those players portland is very reluctant to trade in any circumstance.

Slimsim
09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I thought Portland was hell bent on getting a first rounder.

29$JerZ
09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
What I don't understand is why Portland agrees to this.

New Jersey I basically see trading a talented prospect for a legit SG, body off the bench and a pick.

Washington just gets better.

However Portland loses it's SG and SF only for Thorton and a rookie C when you have Oden/Pryz/Camby owed money this year? Very strange. I thought Batum was high on their list.

ImThatDude
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Al Thornton gets you that much??!!!:speechless:

This can't be real, well I can't dismiss this entirely since Billy King is the new Net GM.

GodsSon
09-05-2010, 10:53 AM
This doesn't look legit to me...Wizards get Batum and T-Will for basically Thornton? Ya...right...

Khalifa21
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
:laugh2:

If this is true, Wizards absolutely kill in this deal.

They get Batum and Williams for Al Thornton and a rookie center?

PG: John Wall/Kirk Hinrich
SG: Gilbert Arenas/Terrence Williams/Nick Young
SF: Josh Howard/Nicolas Batum
PF: Andray Blatche/Yi Jianlian
C: Javale McGee/Hilton Armstrong

That team is full of young, athletic talent.

If they can pull of a trade to get rid of Arenas for either young talent of an expiring, they'd be one of the youngest most athletic team i've seen in the NBA.

John Wall running the break with Terrence Williams and JaVale McGee to throw oops to... :drool:

Hawkeye15
09-05-2010, 10:56 AM
no link, and the deal seems way too lopsided