PDA

View Full Version : The deal that would have sent Rudy Fernandez to NY

spreadeagle
09-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Rudy Fernandez is an enigma. One minute heís loving life in the NBA, the next he wants nothing to do with it. One minute the ladies are all over him, the next heís getting dunked on by some dude named Jonas. So between all the ups and downs of Rudy, the fact is that he can play some ball. But unfortunately for those of you that wanted to see him come to New York, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh wonít pull the trigger.

From Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:

According to a team source, Knicks president Donnie Walsh recently rejected a three-team deal that would have sent Anthony Randolph to Indiana, a first-round pick to Portland and Fernandez to New York.

Because the Trail Blazers are insisting on receiving a first-round pick in return for Fernandez, the Knicks likely need to recruit a third team in order to complete a deal. The Blazers apparently have little interest in Wilson Chandler. Fernandez, who is currently playing for Spain at the world championships in Turkey, was fined by the NBA for publicly asking for a trade.

While I can understand that Walsh is hesitant to give up Randolph before heís even played a game for the Knicks, Fernandez is definitely more of a known commodity at this point in time. If Iím the Blazers, you gotta think that you can get back more than just a first-round pick (unless thatís exactly what youíre looking for). As for the Pacers, to come into the mix and walk away with Randolph for a future first-rounder, they might be the biggest winner of them all.
http://dimemag.com/2010/09/the-deal-that-would-have-brought-rudy-fernandez-to-new-york/

spreadeagle
09-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Knicks did a good move,I like Randolph way more then Rudy.They would be lucky to get a mid range first rounder for him at this point,hes really hurt his value by his not wanting to be in the NBA talk

DerekRE_3
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't give up Anthony Randolph for Rudy.

spreadeagle
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Sorry bout having another Rudy thread,I know ppl be getting sick of this guy lol,thought in was interesting though

likemystylez
09-04-2010, 09:13 PM
buikee is better than rudy fernandez anyways. and randolph was the main piece in the golden state trade. LOl if they were gonna give up randolph for a guy who wants out in fernandez, they might as well have taken a resigned morrow and left randolph at golden state

effen5
09-04-2010, 09:16 PM

u have to be a miscer brah with that avi

SA5195
09-04-2010, 09:20 PM

This.

gbrl
09-04-2010, 09:22 PM

i would :)

Derick713
09-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Anthony Randolph has to much potential to just give up. Why deal for Fernandez when if things go bad he may just head back home and play internationally. He is the shooter they need at the 2.

topdog
09-04-2010, 09:32 PM

Even if you had Amare?

I wouldn't either, but what a coup that would be for Indy!

Collison
George
Granger
Randolph
Hibbert

:drool:

spreadeagle
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Even if you had Amare?

Collison
George
Granger
Randolph
Hibbert

They would be sick!

gbrl
09-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Even if you had Amare?

Collison
George
Granger
Randolph
Hibbert

would be awesome, young too

Hugbees
09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
GM's should be able to *****slap the other if they propose ******** trades. This forum needs that policy too.

gbrl
09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
GM's should be able to *****slap the other if they propose ******** trades. This forum needs that policy too.

agree some one should have slapped walsh after the gallinari and curry for carmelo proposal

Burkey3472
09-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Trading Randolph for Rudy would be a bad trade IMO (Knicks wise).

boriquaabe
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
why do you guy's think chandler isn't enough to get this done?

masalex1205
09-04-2010, 10:07 PM

haha agreed

NYtilIdie
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
why do you guys think Chandler isn't enough to get this done?

Because we won't swap Chandler-Rudy straight up. We want someone else to come along with Rudy since Chandler is clearly the better player of the two.

ackar
09-04-2010, 10:10 PM
you do not trade a seven footer for a guard that has done nothing. Randolph has more potential.

boriquaabe
09-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Because we won't swap Chandler-Rudy straight up. We want someone else to come along with Rudy since Chandler is clearly the better player of the two.

Yeah I don't want your homer opinion. Nobody overvalues a player more that averaged 15ppg for a 30 win team more than knicks fans.

IBleedPurple
09-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Wasn't this already in another thread?

SeoulBeatz
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
why do you guy's think chandler isn't enough to get this done?

because wilson is overrated by knicks fans. trust me.

i live in ny, i see the knicks games, i love wilson's game but he will never be an allstar.

sixers fans felt the same type of manlove for Thad Young a year ago but we've sobered up on him.

Both Thad and Wilson lack the killer instinct that will take them to the next level.

u cant compensate for that, you're born with that type of tenacity.

effen5
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah I don't want your homer opinion. Nobody overvalues a player more that averaged 15ppg for a 30 win team more than knicks fans.

:laugh:

MrfadeawayJB
09-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Rudy Fernandez is an enigma. One minute heís loving life in the NBA, the next he wants nothing to do with it. One minute the ladies are all over him, the next heís getting dunked on by some dude named Jonas. So between all the ups and downs of Rudy, the fact is that he can play some ball. But unfortunately for those of you that wanted to see him come to New York, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh wonít pull the trigger.

According to a team source, Knicks president Donnie Walsh recently rejected a three-team deal that would have sent Anthony Randolph to Indiana, a first-round pick to Portland and Fernandez to New York.

Because the Trail Blazers are insisting on receiving a first-round pick in return for Fernandez, the Knicks likely need to recruit a third team in order to complete a deal. The Blazers apparently have little interest in Wilson Chandler. Fernandez, who is currently playing for Spain at the world championships in Turkey, was fined by the NBA for publicly asking for a trade.

While I can understand that Walsh is hesitant to give up Randolph before heís even played a game for the Knicks, Fernandez is definitely more of a known commodity at this point in time. If Iím the Blazers, you gotta think that you can get back more than just a first-round pick (unless thatís exactly what youíre looking for). As for the Pacers, to come into the mix and walk away with Randolph for a future first-rounder, they might be the biggest winner of them all.
http://dimemag.com/2010/09/the-deal-that-would-have-brought-rudy-fernandez-to-new-york/

What? Anthony Randolph is way more coveted than Rudy Fernandez

SouthSideRookie
09-04-2010, 10:59 PM
It boggles the mind to see how bad the Bulls and Knicks want Rudy :facepalm:

NYtilIdie
09-04-2010, 11:03 PM

And I don't want your s**tty *** opinion about why you think Chandler is a dumb person and deserves to be traded in the Knicks forum, but we put up with the s**t anyway don't we?

Im not being a homer, just speaking the truth. He's more versatile, can play any postion from the 2-5 spots, better finisher. All Rudy does is shoot the 3 better. And Chandler's game speaks more this his stats show and every Knick fan nows that.

Nobody claims Chandler is an all-star, he's just a solid contributor on the team who doesn't run his mouth and threaten to leave the NBA for Europe like this ******* you're so high on. Thats why we love Chandler.

Rndy
09-04-2010, 11:18 PM

I can't speak for Knicks fans. But I'd love Rudy on the Bulls. Rudy is a very efficient Shooter even when he was hurting last year he still put up solid numbers. And was efficient shooting in the play offs as well. I think him and Brewer would make a great Combo. One defensive minded another Offensive minded.

Why wouldn't any team want a very cheap good shooter on their team? The problem here is Portland and their unwillingness to play ball (no pun).

Rndy
09-04-2010, 11:26 PM
And I don't want your s**tty *** opinion about why you think Chandler is a dumb person and deserves to be traded in the Knicks forum, but we put up with the s**t anyway don't we?

Im not being a homer, just speaking the truth. He's more versatile, can play any postion from the 2-5 spots, better finisher. All Rudy does is shoot the 3 better. And Chandler's game speaks more this his stats show and every Knick fan nows that.

Nobody claims Chandler is an all-star, he's just a solid contributor on the team who doesn't run his mouth and threaten to leave the NBA for Europe like this ******* you're so high on. Thats why we love Chandler.

Chandler Career 519 ts% 487 eFG%

Rudy Career 569 ts% 528 eFG%

Now lets look at only last year where Rudy had some injury that were hampering him

Rudy 540 ts% (580 the year before) 495 eFG% (552 the year before)
Chandler 534 ts% (515 the year before) 502 eFG% (481 the year before)

So by better at 3 pointers you mean better overall at shooting the basketball?

Giaps
09-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Chandler Career 519 ts% 487 eFG%

Rudy Career 569 ts% 528 eFG%

Now lets look at only last year where Rudy had some injury that were hampering him

Rudy 540 ts% (580 the year before) 495 eFG% (552 the year before)
Chandler 534 ts% (515 the year before) 502 eFG% (481 the year before)

So by better at 3 pointers you mean better overall at shooting the basketball?
Chandler plays defense and can play 3 positions. I'd rather have the 2-way player over the better shooter. I'd like Rudy, but not for Chandler.

Jeff559
09-04-2010, 11:36 PM
It surprises me that there was a third team needed. I don't understand why Portland would rather have a first round from indiana for him, unless they were talking a lottery unprotected pick. But if it was an unprotected pick, then it seems like NY would be better off taking a salary filler + pick straight up for Randolph...something don't add up.

Rndy
09-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Chandler plays defense and can play 3 positions. I'd rather have the 2-way player over the better shooter. I'd like Rudy, but not for Chandler.

Which is a solid point. However that wasn't my argument. My argument was on him saying Rudy is only better at 3's.

iggypop123
09-05-2010, 12:29 AM
good eye by the knicks. not a good deal

still a fan
09-05-2010, 12:43 AM
well since this is in a thread everyone needs to know Portland was not even involved in the deal....the dime simply added them in...

Indiana called up Donnie with Randolph for a 1st round pick and Donnie said no....

simple and sweet and thats it....

amazing how a rumor flies simply by the Dime making one comment....

As far as Rudy, he has no value at all, they will not get close to a first round pick unless its a very late one.....why?

because if he's not traded to the team of his choice he's playing in Spain so how much leverage does Portland have?

2 choices take the best offer possible, the knicks offered two 2nd round picks, or simply let him go to Spain and get nothing in return....

Personally I feel Mike D has a great interest in him and Portland could get the 2 2nd rounders and a player like Walker added.

boriquaabe
09-05-2010, 12:49 AM

Not even close.... Let me tell you the real reason why Knicks fans "love" wilson chandler and overvalue the roster.

Because the Knicks were so pathetic the last 5 years that the fans in order to be taken as relevant basketball fans they scratched and clawed and pleaded with everyone that whatever menial scrub that was on the team actually "had talent" becuase we have to be heard. Guys like Wilson chandler and danilo gallinari were the only meat left on the bone. Knicks fans had to defend the only bright spots on the team so their voices could be heard. When in reality when the team was struggling to win 30 games there was really nothing of any real value.

I have no doubt in my mind that Fernandez given the minutes and opportunity chandler has gotten would have been on par with chandler's production. While Rudy would not have had chandler's rebounding numbers he would have put up more assists. Except he wouldn't have been smoking blunts and driving his benz around with the headlights off and then had his homie take the fall. And unlike chandler he would actually be more suited to the shooting guard position. While chandler is a fish out of water with no natural position. The knicks just plugged him in wherever they had holes. And we had plenty.

Knicks fans just haven't faced the reality that chandler's fate was sealed when Walsh drafted Gallinari. Not to mention Chandler is a free agent in 2011 so him getting re-signed is highly unlikely. So prepare yourself.

(for the record I'm a Knick fan.)

spreadeagle
09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
well since this is in a thread everyone needs to know Portland was not even involved in the deal....the dime simply added them in...

Indiana called up Donnie with Randolph for a 1st round pick and Donnie said no....

As far as Rudy, he has no value at all, they will not get close to a first round pick unless its a very late one.....why?

because if he's not traded to the team of his choice he's playing in Spain so how much leverage does Portland have?

2 choices take the best offer possible, the knicks offered two 2nd round picks, or simply let him go to Spain and get nothing in return....

Personally I feel Mike D has a great interest in him and Portland could get the 2 2nd rounders and a player like Walker added.

How do you know all this lol

abe_froman
09-05-2010, 01:16 AM

i would exactly call being good with the price of a late 1st as wanting something badly.which what teams like the bulls and ny have been offering.

boriquaabe
09-05-2010, 01:33 AM

From the mouth of your favorite reporter alan hahn...

I've heard both yes and no on that. RT @SBS0311: @alanhahn Have the Knicks offered Chandler and has it been rejected by Portland?

How come you didn't mention that he's heard the knicks have offered chandler and it was rejected and he's also heard they haven't offered them chandler?

It seems Mr. Hahn is a little in the dark right now. He sources must not be to accurate lately.

And also isn't Rudy on contract with Portland for the next 2 years? Don't they have to release him before he can skate to europe? So portland does actually have leverage. They can say you know what sit the next 2 years out.

I also can't fault a guy for wanting to play. But I can fault a guy for listening to peter tosh while puffing on spliffs with a glove compartment full of nickel bags while cruising with the headlights off in a car that has an automatic headlight switch but probably doesn't know it. I have smoked the ganja for over 20 years, work a common job and yet have never gotten arrested. Go figure.

Antipod
09-05-2010, 02:26 AM
OMG ... Blazers OVERATE Rudy so much !!
They don`t want Chandler, now you say then want more than a 1st rounder...for Rudy? NO way !!!

blackjack_119
09-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Why would Portland want Chandler? Nicolas Batum and Wesley Matthews are both better offensively and defensively than Wilson Chandler. The only minutes that Chandler would be able to get would be at backup PF. While he can play there, he isn't exactly good at that position.

Evolution23
09-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Rudy is a one way player while Chandler is a more complete player. So yeah Rudy's value isn't that high at this point.

Blazers#1Fan
09-05-2010, 07:55 AM
i'll give you a reason why portland wants a draft pick they want to develop Elliot Williams behind Roy and we have 2 SF one we just gave a large deal too

i think if there was a trade Randolph for Rudy/Pendergraph/priz it would work for both teams just my .02
knicks would be able to rotate there lineup with priz more and portland would have a decent PF all works out

Portland

Oden/Camby
La/Randolph
Batum/Matthews
Roy/Williams
Miller/Bayless

Amare/Priz/Turiaf/Mozgov
Gallinari/Pendergraph
Azubuike/Chandler
Fernandez/Walker
Felton/Douglas

Blazers#1Fan
09-05-2010, 08:01 AM
OMG ... Blazers OVERATE Rudy so much !!
They don`t want Chandler, now you say then want more than a 1st rounder...for Rudy? NO way !!!

yes like the knicks over-rate hmmm the whole team

Khalifa21
09-05-2010, 08:13 AM
So glad this didn't go through... Anthony Randolph >>>>>>>>> Rudy Fernandez

Khalifa21
09-05-2010, 08:15 AM
On another note, the Pacers would've come out of this trade laughing their ***** off.

PG: Darren Collison
SG: Paul George
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Anthony Randolph
C: Roy Hibbert

What an offseason it would've been for them...

knicksallday
09-05-2010, 08:31 AM

:clap: