PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Gallon

llemon
09-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Seems Bucks won't offer Tiny Gallons a contract.

I'd love to see Nets pick him up

Hawkeye15
09-04-2010, 03:27 PM
could give the Nets some depth up front, rebounding, etc. The dude turns it over too much, or did in college, but he could be a rebounder/lane plugger in the NBA, and help push Favors physicality in practice

crewfan13
09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Bucks fan here, from what I've heard, he really has no interest in actually playing like his size would indicate. He seems to think he can play the perimeter and shoot jumpers all day. With his size, he should be playing a Kurt Thomas type role, but apparently he doesnt' want to do that. He's prolly not worth signing.

djeller1139
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd like the Warriors to give him a look, but I'm not sure if he'll put it together

bctgg27
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I can definitely see the Nets signing him. They were planning on drafting him.

beasted86
09-04-2010, 07:44 PM
This guy sounds like Yi Jianlian trapped in Glenn Davis' body. Not worth a contract.

llemon
09-04-2010, 08:02 PM
This guy sounds like Yi Jianlian trapped in Glenn Davis' body. Not worth a contract.

In that case, the Heat shouldn't sign him.

VinceCarter
09-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I think signing him would be a great idea it would give us PF depth in a potential Favors for Melo trade.

cubbybear2290
09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Honestly though he isnt very good, I've always had a soft spot for this mammoth of a man and the bulls could use some bulk in the front court. So I wouldn't mind them throwing a contract his way. But I'm assuming almost all other Bulls fans would disagree with me.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
09-04-2010, 08:45 PM
hes really not that good i went to alot of the bucks d league practices and this guy was outplayed by d leaguers didnt listen to the coachs alot of stuff i mean he seems to be an ok player but just not got his head on straight i think if anything the bucks will keep him and put him in the d league but i dont see him even being that good or if he does get a contract in the nba i see him being cut after the coach's see his attitude

SaimoNETS
09-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I think signing him would be a great idea it would give us PF depth in a potential Favors for Melo trade.

That would be terrible if we traded away our 3rd pick for Melo.

JerseysFinest
09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
the nets need to sign him. wide body, and would get pt since nj is young and developing

VinceCarter
09-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Well Favors could easily not become as good or better than Melo. If the opportunity presents itself I really believe you have to grab it. Melo could lead to more players coming to the Nets too.

SaimoNETS
09-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Well Favors could easily not become as good or better than Melo. If the opportunity presents itself I really believe you have to grab it. Melo could lead to more players coming to the Nets too.

But there's also a chance that he could become better than Melo. I just don't think you should trade away a top 3 pick for a disgruntled star.

xM1GSx
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
good idea for nets to sign him

wileyisTOFU
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
But there's also a chance that he could become better than Melo. I just don't think you should trade away a top 3 pick for a disgruntled star.

why not? Melo is a proven star in the NBA, Favors is not. Its kinda hard to get a good "superstar" type player in the NBA, and the teams that do, tend to not let them go. Anytime you can trade for proven talent thats in its prime, dont see why you would not. However if it a aging player like say steve nash, then id see your point.

SouljahPhil...
09-04-2010, 11:23 PM

melo disgruntled? I don't think so... I'll take him over 12 players on my team..

Big Quett
09-05-2010, 12:21 AM

That is one big if. Melo is a proven product. Favors has more of a chance to be a bust or a regular player then a top 10 player in Melo.

hgtiger32
09-05-2010, 03:03 AM

ooooo boyyy here we go again...:facepalm:

jackdawson
09-05-2010, 04:02 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

How the **** do you know Favors will be better than Melo??

sugarrayray
09-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Bucks fan here, from what I've heard, he really has no interest in actually playing like his size would indicate. He seems to think he can play the perimeter and shoot jumpers all day. With his size, he should be playing a Kurt Thomas type role, but apparently he doesnt' want to do that. He's prolly not worth signing.

Haha. Bucks fan here too. Yeah, the guys an idiot. He's also a kid. He's got a lot of talent. Definitely worth signing. Although I understand why they did it, the Bucks were dumb and impatient to let him go.

Your siding with your team's brass way too much if your saying he's probably not worth signing. Hammond is a good GM, but he's definitely made some mistakes, so lets not justify every single move he makes.

A guy like Jon Brockman is a better guy to have on a team right now than Gallon. But Gallon has 20 times the upside that Brockman does. The Bucks are jumping the gun a tad bit on trying to win now, so they're filling a roster spot with a hustle guy like Brockman over a fat bum like Gallon. It doesn't mean a young and rebuilding team wouldn't do themselves plenty of good to sign Gallon on the cheap.

IBleedPurple
09-05-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm shocked this guy doesn't have a good nickname....quart, pint........if he goes to Toronto, be could be the liter lol

Big Quett
09-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm shocked this guy doesn't have a good nickname....quart, pint........if he goes to Toronto, be could be the liter lol

What do you think Tiny is?...I mean the guy is like 280:facepalm:

Sportsisoxygen
09-05-2010, 01:21 PM
He should go to the thunder where he could reach his full potential.

SaimoNETS
09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

How the **** do you know Favors will be better than Melo??

I said he could be, not will be. Learn to read. I'm saying that Favors could turn out to be a superstar of his own. I would hate to trade way a guy of his potential.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I said he could be, not will be. Learn to read. I'm saying that Favors could turn out to be a superstar of his own. I would hate to trade way a guy of his potential.

To clarify what us Nets fans are saying to those who dont understand is, Favors has the potential to be is own superstar and could have an overall greater impact on the game of basketball for this team than Carmelo Anthony ever could. Its harder to replace someone like Favors than it is to replace Carmelo. Especially because the Nets have Outlaw and a future star in Damion James who shows talent like Melo.

llemon
09-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I just want Nets to get Tiny into training camp with an unguaranteed contract.

And sign him to that contract before another team makes him an offer.

If Thorn were running the team, I wouldn't expect that.

As Avery is running the team, I see that being a possibility.

topdog
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
To clarify what us Nets fans are saying to those who dont understand is, Favors has the potential to be is own superstar and could have an overall greater impact on the game of basketball for this team than Carmelo Anthony ever could. Its harder to replace someone like Favors than it is to replace Carmelo. Especially because the Nets have Outlaw and a future star in Damion James who shows talent like Melo.

:facepalm:

You're joking, right?

James is an alright player who took a long time to show a little improvement at Texas. Favors rightfully is someone Nets fans should be high on, but you all are acting like Melo is a nobody. He was a 3rd pick in his own right and is actually a current superstar. I will never understand Nets fans.

llemon
09-05-2010, 10:09 PM
:facepalm:

You're joking, right?

James is an alright player who took a long time to show a little improvement at Texas. Favors rightfully is someone Nets fans should be high on, but you all are acting like Melo is a nobody. He was a 3rd pick in his own right and is actually a current superstar. I will never understand Nets fans.

'Melo is certainly not a player that I would condsider a superstar.

Big Quett
09-05-2010, 10:32 PM
'Melo is certainly not a player that I would condsider a superstar.

So you think Travis Outlaw and James equals Melo?....WOOOOW:facepalm:

Favors is a rookie and like most rookies he has a better chance to be a bust or regular NBA player than a superstar.

llemon
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
So you think Travis Outlaw and James equals Melo?....WOOOOW:facepalm:

Favors is a rookie and like most rookies he has a better chance to be a bust or regular NBA player than a superstar.

But I don't think 'Melo is a superstar

BillyHoyle35
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
But I don't think 'Melo is a superstar

who would you consider a superstar then if melo doesn't make the grade?