PDA

View Full Version : Where will Durant sign next?

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I for one think the Lakers will make a big play at Durrant when his contract expires, he will just be turning 25 just when Kobe would probably be on the brink of retirement, and I don't think he will want to stay in OKC because the marketing/championship opportunities wont be there.

Your thought?

29$JerZ
09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
He has said he loves OKC, doesn't have the personality that LBJ/Kobe/etc have and just wants to focus on basketball.

He's staying unless something bad happens there.

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
He has said he loves OKC, doesn't have the personality that LBJ/Kobe/etc have and just wants to focus on basketball.

He's staying unless something bad happens there.

Thatz what we thought about Lebron when he signed with Cleveland. Lets not forget, Durrant will be more worried about his legacy when his next contract rolls around......there is no loyalty in Basketball despite what anyone tells you.

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I would make a large bet he stays in OKC for a long time

DaBUU
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Rose+Durant= Its Over!

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Thatz what we thought about Lebron when he signed with Cleveland. Lets not forget, Durrant will be more worried about his legacy when his next contract rolls around......there is no loyalty in Basketball despite what anyone tells you.

Kobe stayed with Lakers,Dirk stayed with Mavs,I think Durant will stay.like dude said he has that kind of personality to me

Baller1
09-03-2010, 02:01 PM
He's not going anywhere. They're building a contender right now that can compete for years. LeBron never had a Russell Westbrook to help him out, which is why he left.

Hawkeye15
09-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I am a bit confused at why these threads are even starting at this point. Players under long term contract on good to great teams need not be in the discussion for where they go next.

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 02:02 PM
I think Durant leading his team to some final's or conference final's even if he doesnt win will be better then these stacked teams winning a ring,that team would be near last without him.Hes done so much to boast that team into the spotlight

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Kobe stayed with Lakers,Dirk stayed with Mavs,I think Durant will stay.like dude said he has that kind of personality to me

So you're saying he will pass on the Lakers for OKC? Dirk and Kobe stayed because they're in a big market.....can you name me any super-star that stayed with a small market? KG tried it and he regretted it in end.

Jamballin L@KER
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I think he'll stay..but idt kobe will retire until he's like 38 or 39 so if he went to L.A. they could possibly play together. Which would allow durant to learn from tha greatest in tha game of basketball today.

KnicksorBust
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Over the last two years, any naivete about LeBron was destroyed. Everyone knew he had the itch to leave. That's why everyone from Chicago to NY had an itch that they were getting him. Durant hasn't played any games with his team. He seems to be wired old school. Silent superstar. Lead by example. Very Tim Duncan-esque. Plus they got a lot of young talent in OKC. I say he's a career member of the Thunder.

Brooklyn Mets
09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
would love it to be the Knicks.. honestly who wouldnt want Durant on their team.. but i dont think he will ever leave the Thunder..

NYKalltheway
09-03-2010, 02:06 PM
why just three other choices?

Pharoe18
09-03-2010, 02:09 PM
he'll go to the Heat of course

29$JerZ
09-03-2010, 02:09 PM

The best players LeBron has had around him were Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, an old Shaq and Big Z

Durant is on one of the youngest squads in the league who just took the champs to a 7 game series depite not having a legit C and so much youth.
I'd say his situation is nothing like LeBron's.

As for legacy, everyone is different. KD is nothing like how LBJ is now other than the fact both can score with the best of them.

hoopitup
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I for one think the Lakers will make a big play at Durrant when his contract expires, he will just be turning 25 just when Kobe would probably be on the brink of retirement, and I don't think he will want to stay in OKC because the marketing/championship opportunities wont be there.

Your thought?

It's Durant

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
So you're saying he will pass on the Lakers for OKC? Dirk and Kobe stayed because they're in a big market.....can you name me any super-star that stayed with a small market? KG tried it and he regretted it in end.

Im sick of small market teams getting crapped on.Hey if hes winning and keeps the awesome young core he has around him.He will stay for sure IMO.Hes already a huge star in OKC so who cares if there a small market.It will be a total David vs Goliath thing with all the big market teams,I like it.Every one likes an underdog.Not everyone is dying to go to LA Chicago or NY as much as a lot of you may think:rolleyes:

TheNatural797
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Isnt Durant locked up for like..the next 7 years or something like that?

beasted86
09-03-2010, 02:13 PM
he'll go to the Heat of course

This. :cool:

Carter305
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Hell join the heat and form another big team hahaha

beasted86
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
The best players LeBron has had around him were Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, an old Shaq and Big Z

Durant is on one of the youngest squads in the league who just took the champs to a 7 game series depite not having a legit C and so much youth.
I'd say his situation is nothing like LeBron's.

As for legacy, everyone is different. KD is nothing like how LBJ is now other than the fact both can score with the best of them.

Actually it was only 6 games, and nonetheless bounced in the first round.

SA5195
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
If he can win in OKC, in the next 5 years. He'll stay.

mcohio
09-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Hope he stays. I like when small/mid-market teams compete and it would be nice to see him build something in OKC.

Antipod
09-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Toooo early to tell. Maybe Heat will trade Lebron for him? :D

Baller1
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
He's too competitive to leave and play with another star as much as you guys like to dream about him leaving.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Your thought?

how so ?

Gators123
09-03-2010, 02:26 PM
He will stay with OKC, IMO.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM

u do know cleveland and minny are similar size media market as miami right ?

mikealike305
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
L.A it is for durant.....
the fact is theres no way of knowing now its wayyyy to early to tell, he doesnt he know, alot of this can change from now to then

thescore53
09-03-2010, 02:33 PM
small market teams usually dont want to spend. and usually championship teams are capped out. so if durant thinks they are being cheap then by all means he could leave. but i dont think okc is afraid to spend.

wileyisTOFU
09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I think the lakers fans need to get over themselves

Baller1
09-03-2010, 02:45 PM

:laugh2:

So true.

beasted86
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
u do know cleveland and minny are similar size media market as miami right ?

The general term "media market" doesn't have anything to do with anything.

All that matters as far as basketball is concerned is basketball/sports marketing, and Miami is a top 10 sports market, and much higher than Cleveland or Minneapolis.

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2009/10/08/tsn-annual-top-sports-cities-list/

sargon21
09-03-2010, 02:48 PM
i think it all depends on how his team does and if they can become a championship contender; its naive to say that he just won't leave because he's "too competitive" or anything like that

stejay
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Dude, a little early right now to be speaking of that.

Sir Buckets
09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
He's not going anywhere. They're building a contender right now that can compete for years.This. He's staying with the Thunder for a long time (probably his whole career) unless something bad happens and the Thunder fall apart, fail to remain competitive, etc.

Lakersho
09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Over the last two years, any naivete about LeBron was destroyed. Everyone knew he had the itch to leave. That's why everyone from Chicago to NY had an itch that they were getting him. Durant hasn't played any games with his team. He seems to be wired old school. Silent superstar. Lead by example. Very Tim Duncan-esque. Plus they got a lot of young talent in OKC. I say he's a career member of the Thunder.
...If OKC keeps spending , getting young talent , AND PAYS THEM TO STAY, Durrant will stay , If they dont , Durrant will leave.

Im sick of small market teams getting crapped on.Hey if hes winning and keeps the awesome young core he has around him.He will stay for sure IMO.Hes already a huge star in OKC so who cares if there a small market.It will be a total David vs Goliath thing with all the big market teams,I like it.Every one likes an underdog.Not everyone is dying to go to LA Chicago or NY as much as a lot of you may think:rolleyes:
...I like underdog, small market goliath killers thing to , Its hard to pull off tho...

... Did i miss something? I didn't see anything that calls for the laker hate crap. Maybe you should stay on topic and get over yourself , or is this your way to add something to the forum ??? Lightin up take a prozac dude...

Hellcrooner
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Is it me ofr he is a FA the SAME year Odom, Artest, pau and Kobne expire so lakers basically have ALL the cap in the world?

Hellcrooner
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
A thougy.
Mikan Steyed in a BIG success team.

Wilt palyed for more than one team

Russell stayed ON A BIG MAKRET BIG SUCCES TEA;M

West , steyed on big market succesfull team.

Big O, played in more than one.

Kareem, Two teams.

Barry varios teams.

Thrumond, various teams.

Gilmore, Various teams.

Dr J, Verious tams.

Magic, stayd on a BIG market, succesgull team.

Bird, stayed on a Bigmarket succesgull team.

B king, verious teams.

Ewing, various.

Drexler, two teams

Malone, Two teams.
Stockton stayed in a succesull team.
Barkley various teams.

Jordan, Two teams.

Pippen, various teams

Wilkins, various teams.

Mchale, one big market Sucesgufull team.

The dream, two teams.

Robinson, Onse Succesfull team.

Payton, Various teams.

Kidd, various teams,

Grant Hill, verious teams.

Iverson, Various.

Garnett, Two teas.

Duncan one SUCESSGULL team.

shaq , verious teams.

Kobe, one SUCCESFULL team, and he teated to quit...

Wade, one succesgull team

Lebron, jumped shop now.

so, odds for durant stayed are not high unless they manage to win a ring before he epires.

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Lakers :drool:

Him on the Lakers after Kobe leaves is my pipe dream.

Hellcrooner
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Lakers :drool:

Him on the Lakers after Kobe leaves is my pipe dream.

Its not a pipe draem

Its a 50% chance.

Other 50% is Dwight.

Maybe Both.

The number of years olakers have not had a top 5 players on the team since 1970?

2 or three seasons between wilt/west and Kareem signature, then 3 seasons betww en Magics first retiremente and his comeback, next season we got KObe and SHaq.

stejay
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
A thougy.
Mikan Steyed in a BIG success team.

Wilt palyed for more than one team

Russell stayed ON A BIG MAKRET BIG SUCCES TEA;M

West , steyed on big market succesfull team.

Big O, played in more than one.

Kareem, Two teams.

Barry varios teams.

Thrumond, various teams.

Gilmore, Various teams.

Dr J, Verious tams.

Magic, stayd on a BIG market, succesgull team.

Bird, stayed on a Bigmarket succesgull team.

B king, verious teams.

Ewing, various.

Drexler, two teams

Malone, Two teams.
Stockton stayed in a succesull team.
Barkley various teams.

Jordan, Two teams.

Pippen, various teams

Wilkins, various teams.

Mchale, one big market Sucesgufull team.

The dream, two teams.

Robinson, Onse Succesfull team.

Payton, Various teams.

Kidd, various teams,

Grant Hill, verious teams.

Iverson, Various.

Garnett, Two teas.

Duncan one SUCESSGULL team.

shaq , verious teams.

Kobe, one SUCCESFULL team, and he teated to quit...

Wade, one succesgull team

Lebron, jumped shop now.

so, odds for durant stayed are not high unless they manage to win a ring before he epires.

Whats your point?

mark1125
09-03-2010, 04:02 PM
This was seriously made into a thread? What amazes me is how many people are even speculating on it already.

Baller1
Its not a pipe draem

Its a 50% chance.

Other 50% is Dwight.

Maybe Both.

The number of years olakers have not had a top 5 players on the team since 1970?

2 or three seasons between wilt/west and Kareem signature, then 3 seasons betww en Magics first retiremente and his comeback, next season we got KObe and SHaq.

Wow, are all Laker fans really this arrogant?

My god...

thescore53
The general term "media market" doesn't have anything to do with anything.

All that matters as far as basketball is concerned is basketball/sports marketing, and Miami is a top 10 sports market, and much higher than Cleveland or Minneapolis.

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2009/10/08/tsn-annual-top-sports-cities-list/

1. this is listing top sports cities dont think it has anything to do with marketing

2. this has pitsburgh in the top spot ?

Sadds The Gr8
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Stupd thread deserves a stupid answer. So I'll say the Raptors.

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Its not a pipe draem

Its a 50% chance.

Other 50% is Dwight.

Maybe Both.

We drafted some of those players. We acquired Kobe in draft day, drafted Magic and Worthy. The last major player we signed in FA is Shaq, we also acquired Kareem. Durant + Bynum in the future sounds good to me.

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM

My god...

We always have had great players in our roster. We are used to it, not arrogant but spoiled I guess.

Tony_Starks
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
6 years too early?

dtmagnet
09-03-2010, 04:14 PM
That's years away, seems pointless to speculate on that.

ManningToTyree
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for this ****

WeBallin
09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I say he stays with the New Collective bargaining i would be suprise if there is some Kinda Frachise tag in the NEAR future......

masalex1205
09-03-2010, 04:24 PM
**** this thread

beasted86
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
1. this is listing top sports cities dont think it has anything to do with marketing

2. this has pitsburgh in the top spot ?

Points were assigned to markets based on factors including won-lost records, postseason appearances, applicable power ratings, number of teams and attendance.

During 2009 Pittsburgh won the Superbowl and the Stanley Cup.

DP06
09-03-2010, 04:30 PM
He's obviously going to sign with his favorite team....the Toronto Raptors!!!

Ray_R
09-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Tim Duncan?

Kashmir13579
09-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Save our supersonics!!!

Kashmir13579
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM

My god...

:D no not all of them. he does have a point though. lakers get whatever players they freakin want. hopefully not durant

Kashmir13579
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Tim Duncan?

chipper jones. lol

VinceCarter
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
This thread is one BIG :facepalm:

Big Quett
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM

Your thought?

He is about to be 22 this month. And he signed a 5 year extension that doesnt start until after this upcoming year. So that is in 6 years and he will be almost 28.

haggis
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM

sure. I can name a lot of them

Tim Duncan
Reggie Miller
Karl Malone
Stockton
Isiah
Dumars
David Robinson
Tony Parker
Manu
DH12
Bryant "Big Country" Reeves

that's just off the top of my head. I can do research, do you need more??

haggis
09-03-2010, 04:55 PM
This thread is one BIG :facepalm:

^ this X a million

bring this back up in 6 years...

thescore53
09-03-2010, 04:58 PM
my response is it dont matter cause durant be hyperizin while yall be criticizing.

lvblay3
09-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Your thought?

You're a complete idiot... , Durant loves OKC and want to stay there. Thats why he signed the extention before he could become a free agent. If he was a free agent teams would pick him over any other player in the NBA, more Kobe, or than LEBABY... Let a power struggling Heat fan bring up this ridious ideal. but i guess they are still hope to get the best player in the NBA. KD.. By the way the Thunder wont take all three of the worthless talent for Durant so keep dreaming.

lvblay3
09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
We drafted some of those players. We acquired Kobe in draft day, drafted Magic and Worthy. The last major player we signed in FA is Shaq, we also acquired Kareem. Durant + Bynum in the future sounds good to me.

Keep Dreaming, you should be more concern with beating the Thunder and Durant then trying to get him on your team in 6 years...

jdub747
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM

umm John Stockton

lvblay3
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM

YOU are a complete DONKEY...

VinceCarter
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
^ this X a million

bring this back up in 6 years...

It's pathetic we all want to know where the next unloyal superstar is and will be.

First the baseball steroid era and now this?? :facepalm:

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Keep Dreaming, you should be more concern with beating the Thunder and Durant then trying to get him on your team in 6 years...

I didn't know guests could post. It's a dream I will cherish until it becomes a reality :sleep:

SteveNash
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Durant seems quite comfortable with losing so he'll probably stay in OKC.

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Seriously! Oh, jeezis! I was so tired of all the LBJ 'where-is-he-going-to-sign' $#!T, I was glad just to get back to basketball and where teams stand, and getting ready to watch which team are going to really step it up. The last thing we need is talk about who is signing where and when two or three years from now.

Lets just enjoy the up coming season and forget about free agents for a while. I'm still nauseous from all this LBJ/Bosh/Wade/Amare/Johnson $#!T!

All due respect to the poster.

Kevj77
09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
So you're saying he will pass on the Lakers for OKC? Dirk and Kobe stayed because they're in a big market.....can you name me any super-star that stayed with a small market? KG tried it and he regretted it in end.Tim Duncan.

abe_froman
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
why would he go anywhere else?? :confused:

thescore53
09-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I didn't know guests could post. It's a dream I will cherish until it becomes a reality :sleep:

weird. he's actually a member here. im confused :confused:

haggis
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Seriously! Oh, jeezis! I was so tired of all the LBJ 'where-is-he-going-to-sign' $#!T, I was glad just to get back to basketball and where teams stand, and getting ready to watch which team are going to really step it up. The last thing we need is talk about who is signing where and when two or three years from now.

Lets just enjoy the up coming season and forget about free agents for a while. I'm still nauseous from all this LBJ/Bosh/Wade/Amare/Johnson $#!T!

All due respect to the poster.

No need. This thread was pointless from the beginning....

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
weird. he's actually a member here. im confused :confused:

That's what I thought too because I had seen that username.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM

where's this ''losing'' coming from ? he is right now on a championship team.

with great young guys jeff green, ibaka who is a beast, westbrook top flight guard. they just drafted cole aldrich

lvblay3
09-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Well you couldnt stop Westbrook with Fisher so you had to get a slower Steve Blake, with more experience for everybody. The Thunder is the last team The Lakers wants to face.

lvblay3
09-03-2010, 05:29 PM

Yeah 50 wins thats losing, The deepest team in the NBA.. yeah thats losing..

Chacarron
09-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Well you couldnt stop Westbrook with Fisher so you had to get a slower Steve Blake, with more experience for everybody. The Thunder is the last team The Lakers wants to face.

If you say so.

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
This is probably the first tread people bash the OP, dang guys it's just a question...by the time I was on the 5th page, I actually was starting to believe something is wrong with the poster but then I remember that I started the tread.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 05:57 PM
This is probably the first tread people bash the OP, dang guys it's just a question...by the time I was on the 5th page, I actually was starting to believe something is wrong with the poster but then I remember that I started the tread.

well by your logic. dwight will leave orlando, kd wll leave okc, deron will leave utah, beacause they play for small market teams.

Tony_Starks
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Where's John Wall going to sign next?

Can the Knicks get John Wall and Melo for Wilson Chandler and Eddie Curry?

If Blake Griffin wins ROY, how long before he forces his way out of LA?

Isn't it fun to speculate?

haggis
09-03-2010, 06:17 PM

well, maybe its because you start a thread like this for a guy who just re-upped with his original team for 6 years, and you're already acting like he wants out. maybe if he wanted out he wouldn't have signed an extension:shrug:

or maybe its because you say things like:

and to that I replied:

sure. I can name a lot of them

Tim Duncan
Reggie Miller
Karl Malone
Stockton
Isiah
Dumars
David Robinson
Tony Parker
Manu
DH12
Bryant "Big Country" Reeves

that's just off the top of my head. I can do research, do you need more??
yet you don't respond to that.

...and most of your posts are baiting in context, for you to come in and talk about the Heat.

But seriously, why would you start a post about a guy who is top 5 in NBA and literally just resigned with his team a couple of weeks ago?

levignjw
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I think he stays in OKC. Durant seems to be one of the few players that actually has an ounce of loyalty.

beasted86
09-03-2010, 06:21 PM
No, but seriously... I think the Heat can't be counted out of signing him away from OKC come 6 years if Pat Riley is still in charge. :cool:

levignjw
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Haha can you explain to me how you came to this conclusion? OKC has one of the brightest futures in the NBA, IMO.

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
well, maybe its because you start a thread like this for a guy who just re-upped with his original team for 6 years, and you're already acting like he wants out. maybe if he wanted out he wouldn't have signed an extension:shrug:

or maybe its because you say things like:

and to that I replied:

yet you don't respond to that.

...and most of your posts are baiting in context, for you to come in and talk about the Heat.

But seriously, why would you start a post about a guy who is top 5 in NBA and literally just resigned with his team a couple of weeks ago?

With the exception of Tim Duncan, you named a bunch of guys that cannot lead a team by themselves, am I supposed to take you seriously after that?

In Duncan's case, he's a boring super-star, his marketing abilities are limited.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
With the exception of Tim Duncan, you named a bunch of guys that cannot lead a team by themselves, am I supposed to take you seriously after that?

In Duncan's case, he's a boring super-star, his marketing abilities are limited.

d wade resigned with miami. when he could have signed with new york or chicago.theres one.

btw heres the list of media markets in the u.s

Top 50 Media Markets in the United States

Media markets ranked by number of television households

Rank City
1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Boston
6 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
7 Dallas-Ft. Worth
8 Washington, DC
9 Atlanta
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Tampa-St. Petersburg
13 Seattle-Tacoma
14 Phoenix
15 Minneapolis-St. Paul
16 Cleveland-Akron
17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale

miami isnt ezactly "large" is it

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 07:33 PM
d wade resigned with miami. when he could have signed with new york or chicago.theres one.

btw heres the list of media markets in the u.s

Top 50 Media Markets in the United States

Media markets ranked by number of television households

Rank City
1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Boston
6 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
7 Dallas-Ft. Worth
8 Washington, DC
9 Atlanta
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Tampa-St. Petersburg
13 Seattle-Tacoma
14 Phoenix
15 Minneapolis-St. Paul
16 Cleveland-Akron
17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale

miami isnt ezactly "large" is it

Anyone can create a website and post crappy things like that. We're talking about sport marketing and exposure...who wants to go to Cleveland?

effen5
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM

:laugh:

WOW

effen5
09-03-2010, 07:42 PM

And what about Durant?!

thescore53
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Anyone can create a website and post crappy things like that. We're talking about sport marketing and exposure...who wants to go to Cleveland?

you can search anywhere and that where theyre ranked. lebron got as much exposure as anyone. they donated a whole section on espn just on his elbow.

if it wasnt for d wades u think miami would get any love ?
this league is based on now superstars and not where they play. tehy didnt care that where lebron played, where vince carter played in his hayday. or durant is now. they pick a superstar and milk him. thats how it is.

97NYer
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Thunder

thescore53
09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
espn is already on his sack. u should leave so they can be on it more

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
you can search anywhere and that where theyre ranked. lebron got as much exposure as anyone. they donated a whole section on espn just on his elbow.

if it wasnt for d wades u think miami would get any love ?
this league is based on now superstars and not where they play. tehy didnt care that where lebron played, where vince carter played in his hayday. or durant is now. they pick a superstar and milk him. thats how it is.

True but NY doesn't get any love either despite their huge media/marketing opportunities. Well what they give you in endorsements/contracts, they take it away in taxes.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
True but NY doesn't get any love either despite their huge media/marketing opportunities. Well what they give you in endorsements/contracts, they take it away in taxes.

ur contradicting ur self now. according to u it depends what "market" their in to keep players happy. and now the biggest market in the world in the best city in the world isnt good enough.

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
ur contradicting ur self now. according to u it depends what "market" their in to keep players happy. and now the biggest market in the world in the best city in the world isnt good enough.

You are confused, I am saying that you need a super-star in a big city to see the benefits, Lebron didn't get any special attention in Cleveland, Imagine if he was in NY. Imagine if Wade was in Cleveland, nobody will know him....you need a super-star and marketing city to rub their shine off eachother.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 09:20 PM
You are confused, I am saying that you need a super-star in a big city to see the benefits, Lebron didn't get any special attention in Cleveland, Imagine if he was in NY. Imagine if Wade was in Cleveland, nobody will know him....you need a super-star and marketing city to rub their shine off eachother.

are u confused, all we hear these past years was lebron. lebron on every talk show, every poster, turn on espn lebron wipes his ***, lebron doesnt know what to eat tonight. something as simple *** shaking hands with players is blown out of proportion. huge as sign in downtown cleveland of him. his own section on espn talking about his elbow. unless you've been living under a rock u should have noticed this.

and btw wade in miami despite winning a title and being megastar doesnt get nearly as much attention as lebron and delonte west fiasco.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 09:27 PM
i cant believe someone just said lebron doesnt get enough exposure :facepalm:

CubsFan69
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I am a bit confused at why these threads are even starting at this point. Players under long term contract on good to great teams need not be in the discussion for where they go next.

I agree with you. Watch next year, they will start asking where D-Rose will end up. man it never stops.

DMasta718
09-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Um...what? If him getting a whole hour on ESPN cause of a decision, him being nationally known, and hearing non-stop about Lebron for the past 7 years is not special attention, I don't know what it is.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Um...what? If him getting a whole hour on ESPN cause of a decision, him being nationally known, and hearing non-stop about Lebron for the past 7 years is not special attention, I don't know what it is.

after what he just said, i think ive lost my sanity. i punched my computer screen started swearing and almost knocked my brand new big screen before i calmed down.

dnewguy
09-03-2010, 09:37 PM
after what he just said, i think ive lost my sanity. i punched my computer screen started swearing and almost knocked my brand new big screen before i calmed down.

Easy there Champ.

GodsSon
09-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Stupd thread deserves a stupid answer. So I'll say the Raptors.

+1...I'll add the Bucks to the list too, he can go play with Bogut and Jennings and form a new big 3!!

SupeUnagi
09-03-2010, 09:44 PM
his supporting cast will be too good to leave
all those guys will be resigned

bahama0811
09-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure why we even need this thread. He's signed with OKC for a long time.