PDA

View Full Version : Will Tyreke Evans be a Max player?

TipHarris
09-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Seeing the other thread on Rose, do you guys think Tyreke will eventually become a max contract player?

And please provide elaboration or your opinions.

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Id give him a max next year if his contact was up,hes gooood

Lloyd Christmas
09-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Yes I would. He will be one of the best players in the league in a couple years.

Hellcrooner
09-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Probably, specially since MAZ will be less money after the new CBA

caddiemaster
09-03-2010, 02:18 AM
I'd pay him the max right now for sure!Bright future!

Agent008
09-03-2010, 02:48 AM
He's definitely going to get a max deal. I'm a Kings fan and I think talent-wise that Evans is a max player. But I think the thing that makes him a lock for a max deal is that he plays for Sacramento. Since we're a small market, we're probably going to have to give him a huge deal to stay (see Rudy Gay/Memphis).

xILLN355
09-03-2010, 03:00 AM
most definatly

Shahrose
09-03-2010, 03:13 AM
20/5/5 as a rookie?
as long as he continues to improve he is definitely worth a max

mynameismo
09-03-2010, 03:36 AM
At his pace, most likely.

But with only 1 season on his belt, it's too early to tell.

jackdawson
09-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Since he stands on the same sentence with Jordan, Oscar, and LeBron after his rookie year, I would assume he WILL become a max player in a year or two. A perfect franchise player imo.

Bulls_fan90
09-03-2010, 05:10 AM
By the time his contract is up i think the Kings will have no choice but to offer him the max (or something close to it). The Kings have some great young talent. I would have liked him on team USA over Westbrook.

Antipod
09-03-2010, 05:12 AM
To keep him, Sac will have to offer him the MAX.

xabial
09-03-2010, 05:13 AM
By the time his contract is up i think the Kings will have no choice but to offer him the max (or something close to it). The Kings have some great young talent. I would have liked him on team USA over Westbrook.

Westbrook is the PG for Team USA MVP Kevin Durant maybe they wanted Some sort of chemistry. Besides Westbrook has a sick Mohawk.

jmtapia
09-03-2010, 05:13 AM
^^^yeah it sucks he tweeked his ankle...

Bulls_fan90
09-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Westbrook is the PG for Team USA MVP Kevin Durant maybe they wanted Some sort of chemistry. Besides Westbrook has a sick Mohawk.

He does indeed. I see your point though.

avrpatsfan
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
He averaged 20/5/5 as a 20 year old rookie. Hell yes he's going to get a max.

Hawkeye15
09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I would need to see another year out of Evans first. He was sort of a ballhog in year one, I would like to see him move to the SG, and develop his game. But he has major potential

EaglePride615
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
the kings will be good for a while, as of now they have alot of young talent

IndyRealist
09-03-2010, 11:25 AM
20/5/5 as a rookie?
as long as he continues to improve he is definitely worth a max

Word is the Kings contrived to get him those stats to stir up the hype. And it worked, but I don't put too much stock in those numbers. We'll see what they do this year if they're actually trying to win.

THE MTL
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
20ppg 5apg 5rpg in rookie season would easily net him a MAX contract on the market this summer with the way teams were shelling out money.

The_Jamal
09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I would need to see another year out of Evans first. He was sort of a ballhog in year one, I would like to see him move to the SG, and develop his game. But he has major potential

He's not a god damn SG... And when your 2nd best option for the year is Jason thompson or beno Udrih, yea i'd think you be a ball-hog too. The reason he's so effective is there isn't a PG in the NBA who can match him physically. Which is quite impressive, considering everyone and their mother knew he would drive to the basket, yet he still got his numbers. With DMC here now, and perhaps him developing a jumpshot, i could easily see him be a 23/7/5 player next season

Hawkeye15
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
He's not a god damn SG... And when your 2nd best option for the year is Jason thompson or beno Udrih, yea i'd think you be a ball-hog too. The reason he's so effective is there isn't a PG in the NBA who can match him physically. Which is quite impressive, considering everyone and their mother knew he would drive to the basket, yet he still got his numbers. With DMC here now, and perhaps him developing a jumpshot, i could easily see him be a 23/7/5 player next season

he played more at SG than PG last year by a good bit. Typically started at PG, then moved over.
and if you watch Evan's play, he is constantly looking to score, and if he gets shut down, he will then look to pass. I am not using it necessarily as a criticism, but with his tunnel vision much of the time, he doesn't project as a great PG for a contender. Move him to SG full time and let him create.

Stunner
09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
he played more at SG than PG last year by a good bit. Typically started at PG, then moved over.
and if you watch Evan's play, he is constantly looking to score, and if he gets shut down, he will then look to pass. I am not using it necessarily as a criticism, but with his tunnel vision much of the time, he doesn't project as a great PG for a contender. Move him to SG full time and let him create.

x2

Sir Buckets
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I believe so. He'll probably eventually slide to SG a la Wade.

¿Por qué tiene que doler el tobillo Evans? ¡Por qué!?

saintl2510
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM
i think after he proves himself again next season he´ll be a max player becuase if he averaged 20,5,and 5 he could do it again

saintl2510
09-03-2010, 03:40 PM
i agreee with you no point guard wants to guard evans he is a matchup problem even gilbert said he hopes evans switches to the 2 guard becuase he doesnt want to guard him

Rafer17
09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Hells yea he is a real fine player

netsgiantsyanks
09-03-2010, 07:11 PM
At his pace, most likely.

But with only 1 season on his belt, it's too early to tell.

this

DerekRE_3
09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
What's scary about Evans is he used to be a good shooter in high school. His high school coach said his 3 point shot was his best weapon. Then he went to Memphis and Coach Calipari saw how good he was at driving to the rim so he told Reke to never shoot since he could get to the basket whenever he wanted to. All offseason he's been trying to find his shot again. Hopefully he did.

DerekRE_3
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Once Carl Landry came that changed. He averaged 7 assists a game after they traded Martin. And once again, for the 300th time, his position doesn't matter. PG or SG, he's going to have the ball in his hands. When you have a guy who can break down defenses, you have to give him the ball.

Hawkeye15
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
What's scary about Evans is he used to be a good shooter in high school. His high school coach said his 3 point shot was his best weapon. Then he went to Memphis and Coach Calipari saw how good he was at driving to the rim so he told Reke to never shoot since he could get to the basket whenever he wanted to. All offseason he's been trying to find his shot again. Hopefully he did.

well, the line is closer, but you saw his mechanics. They were no bueno. He had a vicious leg kick on the release, and a major hitch. But hopefully he gets that mid range down, it will open his game SO much.
Huge Evans fan, I really am looking forward to see what he has added this season

zambo4president
09-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I would have to say I think he will be

DerekRE_3
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
well, the line is closer, but you saw his mechanics. They were no bueno. He had a vicious leg kick on the release, and a major hitch. But hopefully he gets that mid range down, it will open his game SO much.
Huge Evans fan, I really am looking forward to see what he has added this season

He's been working on his mechanics all offseason and has changed his shot. And yes, the high school line is closer BUT:

"His three-ball, when I (had) him, was his best weapon," Bergeron said. "He didn't care about the (three-point) line neither. Some of them were close, some of them were far. The distance was meaningless to him."

-Tony Bergeron, Tyreke's High School Coach
Source: NbaFanhouse (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/31/tyreke-evans-takes-aim-at-regaining-his-jump-shot/)

The player on the computer screen doesn't look like Tyreke Evans.

He's skinnier than the NBA's reigning Rookie of the Year, his muscles more natural than nautilus and the 6-foot-6 frame of this YouTube sensation both long and lean. But the most eye-opening difference is the difference in his game.

This Tyreke Evans has a jumper -- a deadly jumper. He pulls up from almost anywhere on the floor, burying deep threes and mid-range looks with a scissor-kick motion and high-arching shot that floats with swagger. This is Tyreke Evans in high school, and the modern-day Tyreke Evans has finally taken notice.

His brothers blame John Calipari. As they see it, the then-Memphis coach scared the confidence right out of Evans, gnawing on his ear every time the he dared to shoot a jumper instead of blowing by the line of helpless defenders. The style worked just fine for the Tigers, who went 33-4 and lost to Missouri in the third round of the NCAA Championships in Evans' one season.

Now, however, those closest to Evans say it's working against him.

"I don't blame anybody, but I think coach Cal looked at is like, 'Hey, you know what? This kid can get to the basket any time he wants, so let's play him to his strength," said Tony Bergeron, Evans' coach at the Aston, Pa. high school. "(But) I used to have a fit watching his Memphis games. I'd be screaming at the TV, saying 'Shoot!'"

Source: NbaFanhouse (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/08/31/tyreke-evans-takes-aim-at-regaining-his-jump-shot/)