PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good thing to have a shooting team in the NBA or is it more for college?

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Think about it, the mavs, magic, and suns have all been close with talent but never had the luck to take the whole thing

Is it a good thing or bad thing to have a team with a bunch of shooters surrounded by an all star post?

Bc it seems like those 3 teams will have those games in the playoffs where the shooters are just having one of those nights where they cant hit a shot

Would it be better if a team only had one main shooter like a ray allen type and the rest slashers?

mynameismo
09-03-2010, 12:51 AM
It's good, as long as they play defense too.

thescore53
09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Think about it, the mavs, magic, and suns have all been close with talent but never had the luck to take the whole thing

Is it a good thing or bad thing to have a team with a bunch of shooters surrounded by an all star post?

Bc it seems like those 3 teams will have those games in the playoffs where the shooters are just having one of those nights where they cant hit a shot

Would it be better if a team only had one main shooter like a ray allen type and the rest slashers?

so winning a championship is based on luck :eyebrow:

Agent008
09-03-2010, 01:21 AM
The old Rockets team won two championships. Their offense was built around Olajuwon in the post and a bunch of shooters on the perimeter.

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 01:38 AM
so winning a championship is based on luck :eyebrow:

It takes talent to get to the finals but it takes luck to win it all like i said

thats in any sports when its the finals, especially these days in the NBA

Refs, injuries, bad night from opposing player. Luck def has something to do with it

thescore53
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
It takes talent to get to the finals but it takes luck to win it all like i said

Refs, injuries, bad night from opposing player. Luck def has something to do with it

what ever helps u and the mavs sleep at night :p

mikantsass
09-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Not at all. None of the teams who won a NBA championship this decade won it because of "luck". You cant get lucky and win a 7 game series.

Maybe in the NFL, where there is one game that decides the outcome. 1 single lucky play can win a championship (Tyree catch, Saints onside kick, etc..)

Agent008
09-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Any team that wins the championship is obviously talented, but luck does play a part. Look at last season's finals between LA and Boston. I'm not saying that it definitely would have changed the series, but Perkins' injury was bad luck for the Celtics and good luck for the Lakers. If Perkins was healthy the last two games, there is a good chance that the series goes the other way.

Baller1
09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
It's good, as long as they play defense too.

Exactly. If the shooters play great defense, then they can redeem their off nights on the defensive end.

Chronz
09-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Luck definitely plays a part in winning. Luck and Talent determine how far you get (luck can be anything like luck of the draw, opponent getting injured, hot/cold streak) What talent does is minimize how much luck you need to actually get far. For example look at the Suns this year, they were good all year but good enough to make the run they did? Good enough to sweep the Spurs and push the Lakers to 6? I dont think so, if you look at the difference from reg to post, JRich stands out.
Had JRich played at this level all year the Suns wouldve been the 2 seed. Now you could say thats not luck but by my definition if you do something uncharacteristic and all of sudden enter a hot streak rarely seen (According to Pop they were hitting contested shots, and Dragic had that one game) then its unlucky for the other team. A team as talented as the Lakers can have alot go wrong and still win the title so I can see the point against it, and most titles are won by the best team but every champ will admit that some luck played a part. Ive heard this testimonial from alot of great players so lets not pretend it doesnt factor into the championship equation.

Exactly. If the shooters play great defense, then they can redeem their off nights on the defensive end.

What if the slasher plays great defense?

mikealike305
09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Stupid to say luck has nothing to do with it of course it does, can u win a ring off of pure luck? No, but can it help? Yes, and alot, every sport or compitition luck is involved

Carey
09-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Stupid to say luck has nothing to do with it of course it does, can u win a ring off of pure luck? No, but can it help? Yes, and alot, every sport or compitition luck is involved

Very true, im pretty sure if you trace just about most championship team you'll find some breaks they got.