PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams next to ask for a trade?

Swashcuff
09-02-2010, 07:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19614/melo-sweepstakes-sorry-haven%E2%80%99t-started-yet

Following free agency, this summer has been dominated by trade rumors involving Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony.

While discussing Anthony on Thursday, ESPN.com's Marc Stein wrote a quick paragraph on Jazz point guard Deron Williams.

"I have a feeling he's next for all these trade stories," a Western Conference official said of Williams.

Utah has seen the departure of Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Wesley Matthews since February. Al Jefferson was quickly acquired with little given up in return and the team spent its lottery pick on Gordon Hayward.

KnicksorBust
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Depressing. I'll admit the Heat superteam will be fun to watch but if the league becomes overrun with whiny superstars who are afraid to take the reins, it will eventually bite the league in the ***. You can't have a successful league with only 10% good teams.

SouthSideRookie
09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Naa I doubt it, but I guarantee you that NY media is gonna start with their BS , Deron told some rapper he wants to play in NY :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
all speculation, and no truth.

jimbobjarree
09-02-2010, 08:05 PM
typical ESPN trying to make stories where there arent any.

They fail to mention the talent brought in to the team this summer, the age of our team going forward, and the exciting prospect of Ante Tomic playing for us next year. Oh and the 2 years left on D's contract. He wont be going anywhere soon. We are a consistant 50+ win team that are one of the youngest in the league. I dont see why he'd be upset and want a move?

cmellofan15
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
"I have a feeling he's next for all these trade stories,"

:laugh2:

I have a feeling this guy shouldn't have a job.

Jewelz0376
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Get it Done Mitch!!!

Sasha, Puke, and a 1st for DWIll l

SA5195
I hope not.

Baller1
Deron isn't going anywhere, and I hope he doesn't. I like the little rivalry the Jazz and Thunder have developed. And it starts with Deron Williams. Him and Westbrook going at it being two of the strongest PG's in the league, and then him and Durant going shot for shot in crunch time.

Deron is my favorite player to never play for my team, I hope he doesn't start whining about the situation he's in.

Gators123
In the next 30 minutes every team forum will have a trade idea thread for Dwill :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I will leave this open due to source, but there is probably no way Deron demands a trade. He has a competitive team, and can get out in a couple years if he turns down his 3rd year at player option. Why would he leave?

cmellofan15
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I have a feeling Derrick Rose will follow up after D Will and demand a trade.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 08:17 PM
In the next 30 minutes every team forum will have a trade idea thread for Dwill :laugh2:

The sad thing is, you're probably right.

jimbobjarree
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM

this thread will be littered with awful ideas in minutes. That Laker one was a good start.

Jays Claw
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Him leaving the Jazz won't bode well for the league. They seriously need balance in power these days after the super team in Miami was created. I would literally stop watching if 2-3 more superstars buddy up on one team.

thescore53
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
its his decision but he has to do whats right for his career. personally i thnk he should stay. the jazz team seems to be getting btter

thescore53
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM

he already said he will never leave chi. it would be extremely hard for him to leave the team he grow up watchin and the city he was raised. and please dont bring up lebron

Burkey3472
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Time will tell. If he doesn't feel like the Jazz are going to be a team competing for a championship then why not try to get out.

PrettyBoyJ
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I think a lot of players are intimidated by the Heats super team, I dont blame them, when only 1 team has an actual chance to beat them (Lakers), I see a lot of players jumping ship

KingOf215
Deron Williams is a very talented PG, but VASTLY overated on PSD. VASTLY.

Knowledge
The league needs to do something in the next CBA that allows teams to rebuild/upgrade more easily. If the NBA had more of a competitive balance, teams wouldnt have to worry about keeping their star players since they could actually properly build around them.

There is no way trading a overpaid bum's expiring contract should be looked at as good compensation for a productive player.

cmellofan15
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
he already said he will never leave chi. it would be extremely hard for him to leave the team he grow up watchin and the city he was raised. and please dont bring up lebron

it was sarcasm. simply poking fun at the fact that a guy writes a story about arguably the best point guard in the league leaving his team because of a 'feeling'.

DeyAce
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
DWill and DRose are too loyal and have too much class to do that

Super.
09-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Save the Hornets, Bulls, and Celtics

B-Ray
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM

that's good stuff ... you should work for ESPN

Hustla23
09-02-2010, 08:47 PM
When ESPN writers express their feelings, they get a long thread on PSD!

When I express my feelings, people tell me to go away. :(

airronijordan
09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I highly doubt that d will will demand a trade, he's a classy person. I think he will be a jazz for life

Bruno
09-02-2010, 08:50 PM
If Jefferson reaches his full potential (as a better PF than Boozer ever was, is, or could be) and they do something smart and productive with AK-47s expiring 17 million dollar contract theres no reason they can't challenge the Lakers.

Hustla23
09-02-2010, 08:51 PM
this thread will be littered with awful ideas in minutes. That Laker one was a good start.
Haha dude Paul Millsap looks like a skinny version of the black guy on the Miller Light commercials that goes around taking people's beers.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
it was sarcasm. simply poking fun at the fact that a guy writes a story about arguably the best point guard in the league leaving his team because of a 'feeling'.

Sarcasm isn't allowed here. We'll leave that to our Music Forum friends who can pick up on it.

Spurred1
09-02-2010, 11:19 PM
It is speculation at this point, and there really is no reason he would request a trade. Yes-they lost Boozer but they still have Millsap and they acquired Al Jefferson for very little. They have a nice young team.
Is there no real NBA/basketball news to report?

Tony_Starks
09-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Thread title is misleading by the way....

DWill aint going anywhere man all this speculation and gossip gets old real fast, lets play ball already!

jimbobjarree
09-03-2010, 01:49 AM
lets be clear, this article is about an ESPN reporter having a 'feeling' that Deron may be next to ask for a trade, out of absolutely nothing. May as well have been a PSD poster that had that feeling, would have the same validity as the ******* on ESPN. May as well close this thread.

dhopisthename
09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
lets be clear, this article is about an ESPN reporter having a 'feeling' that Deron may be next to ask for a trade, out of absolutely nothing. May as well have been a PSD poster that had that feeling, would have the same validity as the ******* on ESPN. May as well close this thread.

The only time that I have ever heard dwill complain is after the brewer trade. I just don't get why he would leave. He will have a hard time finding a better team, and the jazz have one of the best front offices in the league. Also Gregg seems more willing to spend money then his father did, as shown by being over the tax the past two years.

Antipod
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Officially, neither CP3 or Melo asked for a trade, so we yet can`t talk about a "trade trend".
Ether way, i don`t think he`ll ask for a trade, i have a feeling he`s very loyal to Utah fans and J Sloan. So, till the "old man" is the coach, D Williams will be a Utah player.

stejay
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM
The Jazz are a decent team though, so I dont know why he would do this, IMO

EaglePride615
09-03-2010, 09:34 AM
thats ridiculous. you cant just guess someones going to be next to demand a trade... utah is young and talented

utahjazzno12fan
09-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't recall any Jazz players saying they wanted to be traded except Malone, and everyone knew he was just mad at the management and would calm down. Would you want to go tell Jerry Sloan you wanted a trade? Dude would beat the crap out of you, kind of like he nearly did to Gordon Giricek.

Raoul Duke
09-03-2010, 10:24 AM
He's going to love playing with Aljeff, and if Aljeff makes Milsap redundant then thats gonna be a great trade chip for them in the near future. I don't think he's chomping at the bit to go play somewhere else.

MelkyNYY
09-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I hope D-Will joins the Lakers. It would be fantastic to see that Laker team against that Heat team. I'm a Nets fan, and I'm aware that my team (and actually the majority of the NBA) will not compete for the next few years. Why not stack superstars? The whole "it's bad for the league" argument is silly. Jazz fans will be mad if they lose D-Will, which is understandable, but the rest of the population will tune in on ABC to watch the Lakers - Heat.

Swashcuff
09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
He's going to love playing with Aljeff, and if Aljeff makes Milsap redundant then thats gonna be a great trade chip for them in the near future. I don't think he's chomping at the bit to go play somewhere else.

He'd Love it a lot more if he had an actually defensive big, and a legit SG that's what he'd love. But he's too classy he isn't leaving anytime soon.

Raoul Duke
09-03-2010, 10:44 AM
He'd Love it a lot more if he had an actually defensive big, and a legit SG that's what he'd love. But he's too classy he isn't leaving anytime soon.

Touché.

mikantsass
09-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm so tired of these stupid @$$ rumors from ESPN. None of them are true. Ever.

d-baller23
09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow the guys in the Magic forum wasn't lying?!

Well I guess he says that since Boozer is gone, I want out.

b_russ
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I think the thread title should read 'Deron Williams next to not ask for a trade?'

Mudvayne91
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Wouldn't shock me. They may as well have just teams only in Cali , Tx, NY and Boston. That way Stern won't have to try and force major market teams to win.

thekmp211
09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
doubt it will happen. utah does, however, seem to hover around the 50 win mark without threatening to take the next step. stockton and malone couldn't do it, though jordan helped make that true.

IF...it ever happened...the Magic would be wise to throw the kitchen sink for him.

saintl2510
09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I think the thread title should read 'Deron Williams next to not ask for a trade?'
yeah i think deron is warrior and the jazz will make noise in the playoffs with gordon hayward a shooting machine

nuggetsyankees
09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
he'd be an idiot to leave after they acquired Al Jefferson and signed Raja Bell

Bucsfan
09-04-2010, 09:36 AM
i personally dont feel it would happen unless the jazz really fell off and started losing...and considering the jazz have made the playoffs almost every year (except 2 or3) in the past 20 plus years i just dont see how that will happen

the jazz are a small market team in a non desirable place ( to some) so they have to retain what they draft...i honestly dont see a better situation for him in the next 2 years or even beyond that

Swashcuff
09-04-2010, 10:14 AM
he'd be an idiot to leave after they acquired Al Jefferson and signed Raja Bell

Are you serious he'd be an idiot for that??

I don't support him asking for a trade or anything of that sort but Al Jefferson and Raja Bell aren't exactly the players that will carry you to the conference finals even. They still have some holes to fill if they are to be championship contenders and maybe if there are rumors circulating that their franchise player is wanting to be traded they might be more active in trying to get him some more help. For starters they are not going to contend with Al Jefferson as their starting C.

Silent
09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
i cant see him leaving utah got alot going for theme selves

Bucsfan
09-04-2010, 11:49 AM

I don't support him asking for a trade or anything of that sort but Al Jefferson and Raja Bell aren't exactly the players that will carry you to the conference finals even. They still have some holes to fill if they are to be championship contenders and maybe if there are rumors circulating that their franchise player is wanting to be traded they might be more active in trying to get him some more help. For starters they are not going to contend with Al Jefferson as their starting C.

thats the point though...there are no rumors that he wants to leave....he is on a good franchise that wants to win...yes they are missing pieces but there are only so many good players to go around...its not like we can just create 7 footers and contend...there just arent many around

its nit like dwill has a reason to be upset...he even told the jazz fo he wanted jefferson on the team...then bam it happened...not every franchise is going to do that

Purch
09-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Lol.

Rumors are funny.

Swashcuff
09-04-2010, 12:41 PM
thats the point though...there are no rumors that he wants to leave....he is on a good franchise that wants to win...yes they are missing pieces but there are only so many good players to go around...its not like we can just create 7 footers and contend...there just arent many around

its nit like dwill has a reason to be upset...he even told the jazz fo he wanted jefferson on the team...then bam it happened...not every franchise is going to do that

I seem to remember him last season voicing his opinion on why they weren't doing more and being so "cheap". I really wouldn't say that he has no reason to be upset. You guys managed to salvage your off season pretty well but we'd really have to see if Hayward, Bell and Jeffers would really make up for the lost of Korver, Matthews, Maynor and Brewer. Plus you guys still need a little bulk up front especially with Okur being out early. I think we'd all agree that if you guys resign Collins that just wont cut it.

RaJAxTWa
09-04-2010, 12:50 PM
i doubt it next thread is gonna be saying durant is the next one lol

sep11ie
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Get it Done Mitch!!!

Sasha, Puke, and a 1st for DWIll l

I'll have what he's smoking.

dukejazz
09-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow i'm sure deron said he wants to make al jefferson and all star because secretly deron wants to be traded.

jimbobjarree
09-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I seem to remember him last season voicing his opinion on why they weren't doing more and being so "cheap". I really wouldn't say that he has no reason to be upset. You guys managed to salvage your off season pretty well but we'd really have to see if Hayward, Bell and Jeffers would really make up for the lost of Korver, Matthews, Maynor and Brewer. Plus you guys still need a little bulk up front especially with Okur being out early. I think we'd all agree that if you guys resign Collins that just wont cut it.

lol I know your just trying to validate the thread you started, but there really is no argument for Deron wanting to leave right now. Yes he was mad right after Brewer was traded, but that was short lived. And we got a future lottery pick for Brewer, which we then traded for Al Jefferson...how is that being cheap lol? Yes we have to wait and see how we are...why dont you think Deron will have that same mentality too lol?

Nowhere has Deron said he is unhappy, wants to leave, wants to go to a specific team, called out our front office or has the team tried to move him. As of right now, you really have no argument.

NYYCowboys
09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey if the Knicks can't get Chris Paul or Melo.........But I honestly doubt he will move anytime soon.

masalex1205
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
lol I know your just trying to validate the thread you started, but there really is no argument for Deron wanting to leave right now. Yes he was mad right after Brewer was traded, but that was short lived. And we got a future lottery pick for Brewer, which we then traded for Al Jefferson...how is that being cheap lol? Yes we have to wait and see how we are...why dont you think Deron will have that same mentality too lol?

Nowhere has Deron said he is unhappy, wants to leave, wants to go to a specific team, called out our front office or has the team tried to move him. As of right now, you really have no argument.

Not saying these rumors have any foundation but Williams was pissed when they traded Brewer to Memphis.

nuggetsyankees
09-04-2010, 03:54 PM

when Okur is healthy, Al is gonna play PF and create some match-up problems

jimbobjarree
09-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Not saying these rumors have any foundation but Williams was pissed when they traded Brewer to Memphis.

:laugh2: read my whole post!

abe_froman
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
alot of it we're in the boring part of the offseason and trade rumors are the most exciting/attention grabbing news.mixed with alot hope from other fanbases

remember cp3 is suppose to be a magic or knick or something these past 2 months,and melo...well he's not on the nuggets thats for sure ;)

Bucsfan
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM

it seems that was a heat of the moment comment....he has never mentioned it again anyways...he seems by other comments that its a business and he knows that...this summer i never read anything that dwill wanted brewer back as a fa...so obviously he isnt that pissed

Korman12
09-04-2010, 05:19 PM
There's nothing to these speculations and it should be treated as such.

Westbrook36
09-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Depressing. I'll admit the Heat superteam will be fun to watch but if the league becomes overrun with whiny superstars who are afraid to take the reins, it will eventually bite the league in the ***. You can't have a successful league with only 10% good teams.

Couldn't agree more, it's a sad sight to see.

The Thunder have a chance to beat the Heat in the next few seasons if Jeff Green, Durant, and Westbrook are all able to keep growing. While the Lakers will always be in the hunt as long as Kobe Bryant is playing.