PDA

View Full Version : PSD Fantasy Basketball League 1

Sports Illustrator
09-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Sports Illustrator: Kobe Bryant & Kevin Durant.

_Supreme_: Dwyane Wade & Dwight Howard.

Devils05: None.

IndiansFan337: Chris Paul

Bob_at_York: None.

Macedonian: None.

DQL: Deron Williams.

nYk_way: Dirk Nowitzki & Amare Stoudemire.

Joshtd1: Steve Nash

DamnGoat: None.

Kings49sGiants: None.

FOBolous. None.

* It may be subject to change.

Sports Illustrator
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
These are the returning managers thus far. Please let me know whether via PM or here who will your keepers be. Those managers who will not be returning is because they either did poorly on last year's league or has not been on the site for a while.

We can also use this thread for discussion.

_Supreme_
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Does everybody on the roster still count for keeper purposes? I'm not sure what the rules were/are as far as this goes.

If we can still keep any two players on our team: Wade & Dwight.

Macedonian
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Sports Illustrator: Kobe Bryant & Kevin Durant
_Supreme_:
Devils05:
IndiansFan337:
Bob_at_York:
Macedonian: Tim Duncan & Brandon Roy (maybe I'll make a change later)
BlondeBomber41:
DQL:

_Supreme_
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Sports Illustrator: Kobe Bryant & Kevin Durant
_Supreme_: Dwyane Wade & Dwight Howard
Devils05:
IndiansFan337:
Bob_at_York:
Macedonian: Tim Duncan & Brandon Roy (maybe I'll make a change later)
BlondeBomber41:
DQL:

Sports Illustrator
09-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Does everybody on the roster still count for keeper purposes? I'm not sure what the rules were/are as far as this goes.

If we can still keep any two players on our team: Wade & Dwight.

Yea everyone still counts. Me, you, Indiansfan337 and Devils get to keep our players for one more year (after this year). So we will be having to trade our players during the next year.

Also Mace, let me know if you have any changes to make. I need to know at least one week before the live draft.

DQL
09-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Can someone post the link to last years leagues page? I'm not even sure who I owned. I think I'm gonna keep Deron Williams. No idea of my other players

Macedonian
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2009/111826

DQL
Michael Beasley
Andray Blatche
Darren Collison
Luol Deng
Derek Fisher
Devin Harris
David Lee
Kevin Love
Derrick Rose
Jason Terry
Marcus Thornton
Ronny Turiaf
Deron Williams
Terrence Williams

DQL
09-02-2010, 11:35 PM
thanks Mace. I think I'm keeping Deron and Rose

Sports Illustrator
09-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Just to let you all know, not taking any keepers at all or taking one keeper are options as well.

IndiansFan337
09-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm back for sure. Is the draft order inverse of last season's finish or randomized?

I am keeping Chris Paul for sure, still deciding whether or not to retain Pau Gasol. I am hoping to hear the draft order before deciding on that.

Sports Illustrator
09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm back for sure. Is the draft order inverse of last season's finish or randomized?

I am keeping Chris Paul for sure, still deciding whether or not to retain Pau Gasol. I am hoping to hear the draft order before deciding on that.

The draft order will be randomized as it is every year. The draft order will be determined sometime towards the end. I will have someone anonymous and trust worthy to go into the randomization website and give us the draft order.

Devils05
09-04-2010, 06:17 PM
no keepers here

Bob_at_york
09-07-2010, 11:34 AM
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/2009/111826

DQL
Michael Beasley
Andray Blatche
Darren Collison
Luol Deng
Derek Fisher
Devin Harris
David Lee
Kevin Love
Derrick Rose
Jason Terry
Marcus Thornton
Ronny Turiaf
Deron Williams
Terrence Williams

Mace I can't access fantasy league stuff from work. If you post my roster (or if somebody else can) then I will pick my sleepers (or lack of).

Sports Illustrator
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Bob at York

Ray Allen
Andre Bargnani
Vince Carter
Mario Chalmers
T.J. Ford
Drew Gooden
Al Jefferson
Jason Kidd
Courtney Lee
Quentin Richardson
John Salmons
Tyrus Thomas
Anthony Tolliver
Anderson Varejao
Charlie Villanueva

Bob_at_york
09-07-2010, 11:50 AM
oh god... that team isn't pretty. I think I will just draft again and hope for the best.

Sports Illustrator
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
As soon as I get everyone to register into the league and the full is full, I am going to have someone (one of the mods not in this league) randomize the order for us just like it was done last year.

Sports Illustrator
09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Ok here are the numbers that I have assigned for everyone:

1. Sports Illustrator
2. _Supreme_
3. Devils05
4. IndiansFan337
5. Bob_at_York
6. Macedonian
7. DQL
8. nYk_way
9. Joshtd1
10. DamnGoat
11. Kings49sGiants
12. FOBolous

The order was taken from the initial post of this thread, completely randomized.

In a few moments, I am going to try to get a moderator to randomize the numbers for me without him knowing the purpose of randomizing these 12 numbers nor knowing who was assigned to which numbers. Once the moderator has done this, I will kindly ask the mod to post the results here and explain exactly what he did.

PhillyLuver
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Pick 1: Team 10
Pick 2: Team 2
Pick 3: Team 5
Pick 4: Team 9
Pick 5: Team 8
Pick 6: Team 1
Pick 7: Team 12
Pick 8: Team 6
Pick 9: Team 3
Pick 10: Team 7
Pick 11: Team 4
Pick 12: Team 11

I just plugged all the numbers into the website random.org.

good luck guys

Sports Illustrator
09-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Alright, thanks a lot Phill.

So that means the draft order for this year will go as follows:

Pick 1: DamnGoat
Pick 2: _Supreme_
Pick 3: Bob_at_York
Pick 4: Joshtd1
Pick 5: nYk_way
Pick 6: Sports Illustrator
Pick 7: FOBolous
Pick 8: Macedonian
Pick 9: Devils05
Pick 10: DQL
Pick 11: IndiansFan337
Pick 12: Kings49sGiants

Sports Illustrator
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Someone just asked me but I'll just say it here again. You are certainly allow to trade your spot in the draft to someone else OR trade one of your keepers for a spot in the draft. You can also trade one keeper for someone else's keeper and it wouldn't count towards the keepers rule. All of these things can be done prior to the draft, just so you all know.

BoSelecta!!!
09-13-2010, 12:34 AM
So I assume I need to join league 2 then if am late for league 1.

Sports Illustrator
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
So I assume I need to join league 2 then if am late for league 1.

Just a few hours late for league 2. I asked around to several people who they can recommend for this league but no one responded.

However, you can join this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528883) league if you would like to.

_Supreme_
09-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Just a few hours late for league 2. I asked around to several people who they can recommend for this league but no one responded.

However, you can join this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528883) league if you would like to.

I was on vacation & without internet access. That is why I didn't respond (just so you know).

DQL
09-22-2010, 01:19 PM
can I still change my keepers? I'm not quite sure if Rose is worth being picked at #15 overall. Plus I already have Deron as my first selection. Gotta pick up some good big men

btw Durant at #6 and Kobe at #19 for team SI?? Holy crap :speechless:

Macedonian
09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Also Mace, let me know if you have any changes to make. I need to know at least one week before the live draft.

I decided not to keep anyone...

Sports Illustrator
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I was on vacation & without internet access. That is why I didn't respond (just so you know).

Not a problem. I asked other people about recommendations though, so don't feel guilty. I actually knew that you were on vacation.

can I still change my keepers? I'm not quite sure if Rose is worth being picked at #15 overall. Plus I already have Deron as my first selection. Gotta pick up some good big men

btw Durant at #6 and Kobe at #19 for team SI?? Holy crap :speechless:

Yes you can. I took out Rose for you. Please let me know if that is your final decision.

I decided not to keep anyone...

Okay, thank you for letting me know.

IndiansFan337
10-07-2010, 10:54 PM
So much for being a keeper league....Out of 24 possible keepers, only 9 players are being kept? That's pretty weak.

I am willing to trade Gasol for anyone's 2nd round pick. If you are interested, let me know in here or via PM.

If everyone isn't keeping players and people are auto-drafting this is going to get messy as hell (You can't pre-rank accordingly when we don't know who all the 1st round picks are going to be). We should have started drafting live in here a long time ago to avoid that.

SI, by chance has Yahoo upgraded at all where we can enter partial draft results & then finish the draft on their site? (I haven't really browsed their NBA upgrades this season)

Sports Illustrator
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
So much for being a keeper league....Out of 24 possible keepers, only 9 players are being kept? That's pretty weak.

I am willing to trade Gasol for anyone's 2nd round pick. If you are interested, let me know in here or via PM.

If everyone isn't keeping players and people are auto-drafting this is going to get messy as hell (You can't pre-rank accordingly when we don't know who all the 1st round picks are going to be). We should have started drafting live in here a long time ago to avoid that.

SI, by chance has Yahoo upgraded at all where we can enter partial draft results & then finish the draft on their site? (I haven't really browsed their NBA upgrades this season)

The keeper players are updated on yahoo already. There will be no auto picks because I already entered the keeper picks a long time ago. If you look at the league, you will notice the changes as well. So don't worry, everything is under control here. This is the same way we did it last year as well.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Damn the draft snuck up on me. i need to create a draft strategy when I get home.

Sports Illustrator
10-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Damn the draft snuck up on me. i need to create a draft strategy when I get home.

I hope you can make the draft. It should be fine even though the order is already determined.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I hope you can make the draft. It should be fine even though the order is already determined.

I am not sure if I will make it. Friday night isn't the best night for me. I like to go out friday nights. I have plans tonight but if I cut them short I might be able to make it back for later rounds.

Macedonian
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I am willing to trade Gasol for anyone's 2nd round pick.
OK... I'd take Gasol for my 2nd round pick!

Sports Illustrator
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Indiansfan, you have to tell me if you are keeping Gasol or not. The reason for that is because Gasol is not listed on your roster and if you want to keep Gasol, I have to list him in.

Assuming Indiansfan makes a trade, Indiansfan will have Gasol picking in the 2nd and then make the trade after tonight's draft for whoever the 2nd round pick was.

IndiansFan337
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
OK... I'd take Gasol for my 2nd round pick!

It's a deal as long as you will be live at the Draft for me to tell you who to pick for me.

SI, I am keeping Gasol. Sry for the late notice. I got the dates mixed up for this and the Mod league. I thought this draft was Oct 22 and the mod lg deft was tonight.

Sports Illustrator
10-08-2010, 06:27 PM
It's a deal as long as you will be live at the Draft for me to tell you who to pick for me.

SI, I am keeping Gasol. Sry for the late notice. I got the dates mixed up for this and the Mod league. I thought this draft was Oct 22 and the mod lg deft was tonight.

Yea just make sure you tell Mace who to pick when he is up to pick.

In case if Mace happens to pick someone else, he keeps that player and you keep Gasol unless you would be willing to take that player he chose.

Macedonian
10-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice... I'll be there and he will tell me who to pick for him!

IndiansFan337
10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I am reneging. I PM'ed Mace about it. I forgot we were snaking, so I would essentially be trading down in the 2nd round. I am still willing to deal Gasol for the right price after the Draft.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I wondered why you would trade down.

Damn... I can't post in the draft window. I don't know what is wrong but i am there!

FOBolous
10-08-2010, 09:33 PM
i can't enter the draft :( it says "now loading" but it doesn't finish loading. it doesn't load completely. i'm so sad...this league is ruined for me if i can't draft my players....drafting players is my favorite part about fantasy basketball.

i'm going to apologize to yall ahead of time. if i can't get the drafting window to work, i'm not going to be an active participant in the league. i can't get into the game if i don't create my own team.

is anyone else having the same problem?

FOBolous
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
God this makes me so mad. you can only get so many fantasy teams a year and now one of my fantasy team is ruined. and this is something i look forward to every year too. maaaaan yall have no idea how emo i feel right now :(

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Things are going well for me. I even got some young players who could end up being keepers!

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 10:02 PM
God this makes me so mad. you can only get so many fantasy teams a year and now one of my fantasy team is ruined. and this is something i look forward to every year too. maaaaan yall have no idea how emo i feel right now :(
have you tried other browsers?

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I hate nyk_way! Kleiza is my avatar! I was about to take him and he took him two picks before me!!

FOBolous
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
have you tried other browsers?

I thought about doing that but I'm at work so I don't want to download stuff on the work computer

Sports Illustrator
10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I am sorry that happened to you Fob. I still recommend you to be active though and not give up right away. I have seen people not auto-picking, still present at the draft and doing well. It will take a lot of work, but there's still a few weeks til opening night.

IndiansFan337
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I need rebounds/blocks.

Propose trades to me.

IndiansFan337
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
i can't enter the draft :( it says "now loading" but it doesn't finish loading. it doesn't load completely. i'm so sad...this league is ruined for me if i can't draft my players....drafting players is my favorite part about fantasy basketball.

i'm going to apologize to yall ahead of time. if i can't get the drafting window to work, i'm not going to be an active participant in the league. i can't get into the game if i don't create my own team.

is anyone else having the same problem?

I understand your frustrations, but if you are not active we are going to remove you for another owner. Keeper leagues aren't competitive if every team isn't active and committed to the league long-term.

Macedonian
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm very open for trades guys... Hit me up!

PG - Monta Ellis
SG - Ray Allen
G - Jameer Nelson
G - Jose Calderon
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Shawn Marion
F - Troy Murphy
F - Jeff Green
C - David Lee
C - Marcus Camby
Util - Caron Butler
Util - Drew Gooden
BN - Mario Chalmers
BN - Tayshaun Prince
BN - Amir Johnson

FOBolous
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I am sorry that happened to you Fob. I still recommend you to be active though and not give up right away. I have seen people not auto-picking, still present at the draft and doing well. It will take a lot of work, but there's still a few weeks til opening night.

yea i just double check the team the computer picked for me to see if i can work with it. if the team is half way decent...i would've try to stick with it and tweak it but the team is pure crap. with the exception of Granger and Boozer, everyone i have is pure crap. i have absolutely no one at PG (Mo Williams sucks), no one at SG (Ben Gordon sucks), crap for PF (I hate Boozer and Jamison is too old/injury prone), and absolutely pure crap at C (wth is Jermaine O'neal and Bynum).

i have no young player with pontential i would possibily want to keep. heck...i wouldn't want to "keep" any of the players i have on my team. none of the players on my team are players i would draft except for Danny Granger. Boozer isn't one of my top choices at PF. i honestly prefer Okafor over Boozer.

if yall need to replace me. fine. i don't see how anyone can work with that team. sorry if i seem really rude or harsh...i'm just really pissed off cause i couldn't get into the draft. I've been looking forward to this draft for a long time. heck...i've been looking forward to fantasy basketball all year and now one of my team is ruined. ****ing ****.

if yall need to replace me. fine.

Bob_at_york
10-08-2010, 11:59 PM
yea i just double check the team the computer picked for me to see if i can work with it. if the team is half way decent...i would've try to stick with it and tweak it but the team is pure crap. with the exception of Granger and Boozer, everyone i have is pure crap. i have absolutely no one at PG (Mo Williams sucks), no one at SG (Ben Gordon sucks), crap for PF (I hate Boozer and Jamison is too old/injury prone), and absolutely pure crap at C (wth is Jermaine O'neal and Bynum).

i have no young player with pontential i would possibily want to keep. heck...i wouldn't want to "keep" any of the players i have on my team. none of the players on my team are players i would draft except for Danny Granger. Boozer isn't one of my top choices at PF. i honestly prefer Okafor over Boozer.

if yall need to replace me. fine. i don't see how anyone can work with that team. sorry if i seem really rude or harsh...i'm just really pissed off cause i couldn't get into the draft. I've been looking forward to this draft for a long time. heck...i've been looking forward to fantasy basketball all year and now one of my team is ruined. ****ing ****.

if yall need to replace me. fine.

have you had problems with yahoo drafts before?

_Supreme_
10-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Like I already posted @ the league home page Yahoo didn't use the pre-rank I set. May God damn them for this.

I am not happy at all, although my team certainly could have been worse. I do consider it workable while I don't expect to compete for a top spot with this, but we'll see.

However some of the players I got I would NEVER EVER have picked, so I am very open to trades.

PG - Kidd/Collison/Davis
SG - Wade/Ginobili/Garcia
SF - Magette/Azubuike/Battier
PF - Garnett/Brand/Harrington
C - Dwight/Dalembert/Milicic

Dwight is the only one untouchable. Wade & Collison are negotiable I guess, but I will not part with them unless I really like the deal I'm getting.

I already sent someone an offer involving Jason Kidd, so his availability is depending on the outcome of that.

FOBolous
10-09-2010, 04:26 PM
yall know what? i'm going to play. i'm probably going to do really bad this year so i'm going to built my team for next year. i'm going to try to trade for 2 good players i would like to keep for next year.

Sports Illustrator
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I just want to go on record in saying that I will NOT be providing invites back for next year to those who are planning on tanking the rest of the way. Even if I had the crappiest team ever, I would still compete to the end. I would spend extra effort in trade proposals, waiver wire pickups and etc.

Actually, I was in a league two years ago in which I had my entire team autopicked. I knew I wasn't going to make the draft, so I went ahead and pre-ranked. I am not sure if it was my mistake, or yahoo's fault, but my pre-rankings did not go through. I put in more effort into that league than any other league and did everything I could. I didn't end up winning the league, I finished in 4th place but it's better than tanking and ending up in 16th place (last place). There was also a user by the name of "ruven" who was in this league a few years ago, his team got autopicked and he ended up in 4th place. LL also autopicked his team last season and still ended up making the playoffs.

FOBolous
10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I just want to go on record in saying that I will NOT be providing invites back for next year to those who are planning on tanking the rest of the way. Even if I had the crappiest team ever, I would still compete to the end. I would spend extra effort in trade proposals, waiver wire pickups and etc.

Actually, I was in a league two years ago in which I had my entire team autopicked. I knew I wasn't going to make the draft, so I went ahead and pre-ranked. I am not sure if it was my mistake, or yahoo's fault, but my pre-rankings did not go through. I put in more effort into that league than any other league and did everything I could. I didn't end up winning the league, I finished in 4th place but it's better than tanking and ending up in 16th place (last place). There was also a user by the name of "ruven" who was in this league a few years ago, his team got autopicked and he ended up in 4th place. LL also autopicked his team last season and still ended up making the playoffs.

dude have you seen my team? It's the worse fantasy team i have EVER seen in my 6 years of playing fantasy basketball. there's absolutely nothing i can built on. i can't built on points, assists, rebounds...nothing. it's not i did anything purposely wrong to ruin the game for everyone else. but if that's how you feel. fine. so be it.

Sports Illustrator
10-09-2010, 10:40 PM
dude have you seen my team? It's the worse fantasy team i have EVER seen in my 6 years of playing fantasy basketball. there's absolutely nothing i can built on. i can't built on points, assists, rebounds...nothing. it's not i did anything purposely wrong to ruin the game for everyone else. but if that's how you feel. fine. so be it.

Yes I have seen it. I am not going to tell you how to run your team but the first step would be to try and figuring out which are your strongest categories, which are your weakest categories. Then try implementing those stronger categories into being more stronger, which will probably make your weaker categories even weaker. After that, make sure to have at least 5 strong categories where you can at least try to beat people 5-4 at the very minimum. I just offered you a free strategy in exchange for asking you to do me a favor and please don't tank the team.

FOBolous
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes I have seen it. I am not going to tell you how to run your team but the first step would be to try and figuring out which are your strongest categories, which are your weakest categories. Then try implementing those stronger categories into being more stronger, which will probably make your weaker categories even weaker. After that, make sure to have at least 5 strong categories where you can at least try to beat people 5-4 at the very minimum. I just offered you a free strategy in exchange for asking you to do me a favor and please don't tank the team.

yea. that's how i play. but i'm not strong in any catagory. that's the problem. blah. but yeea...i keep playing. I sent several trade offers out trying to revamp my team. one deal went through already so...:)

_Supreme_
10-10-2010, 06:29 PM
There was also a user by the name of "ruven" who was in this league a few years ago, his team got autopicked and he ended up in 4th place. LL also autopicked his team last season and still ended up making the playoffs.

I am going to make the wild guess that this "Ruven" raped some newb managers in trades made during holiday weekends when nobody was paying attention :D

FOBolous
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I am going to make the wild guess that this "Ruven" raped some newb managers in trades made during holiday weekends when nobody was paying attention :D

lol i miss Ruven

Sports Illustrator
10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
yea. that's how i play. but i'm not strong in any catagory. that's the problem. blah. but yeea...i keep playing. I sent several trade offers out trying to revamp my team. one deal went through already so...:)

I'm glad you won't be tanking your team then. You see, it isn't that hard.

There weren't any "newb" managers. People were rejecting his offers left and right.

Bob_at_york
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM

which team are you again?

FOBolous
10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
which team are you again?

Phi Slama Jama

Bob_at_york
10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Phi Slama Jama

Damn... that sucks, I was interested in David West but you gave him away.