PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: Best Bench's in the NBA, Dallas at the top

LTBaByyy
09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/09/01/NBAs.best.benches/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Mavs
Spurs
Blazers
Bucks
Nuggets
Magic
Rockets
Celtics
Lakers
Suns

stejay
09-02-2010, 01:12 PM
This should be Lakers, Heat at a push....

mikealike305
09-02-2010, 01:14 PM
wow i thought heat would of been on there...

IndyRealist
09-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Magic or Rockets. They have starters coming off their benches.

sep11ie
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Rockets bench dominates with Lowry/Lee/Budinger/Hill,Patterson,Hayes/Miller,Hayes.

beasted86
09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Spurs?

With Ginobili starting they thinkg George Hill, DeJuan Blair, and McDyess make up a top tier bench?

Philly will have an underrated bench. Speights (or Spencer Hawes), Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Nocioni all coming off the bench. Solid... all those guys were starting last year at one point or another.

king4day
09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Can't believe the Suns were pushed down that far. They had arguably the best bench in the league last year. They added talent, and now they are ranked 10th?

bbcmillionaire
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Man call me crazy but what about the nets? Lol I'm dead serious

stejay
09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Magic or Rockets. They have starters coming off their benches.

Odom, Shannon Brown and Sasha could be starters many places, especially Odom

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
I think Lakers then Celtics in bench Rankings
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Matt Barnes
Lamar Odom
Theo Ratliff

And Sasha

dwadefan03
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
terrible list, rockets celtics and lakers should all be higher

camador22
09-02-2010, 01:53 PM
They're so hating on Miami. They forgot to mention Haslem, Big Z and Miller. Instead they mention Butler, Howard and House :eyebrow: and House is a good bench player.

Boo2u
09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Matt Barnes
Lamar Odom
Theo Ratliff

And Sasha

And this article doesn't mention Delonte West now joining the Celtics. Plus, once Perk comes back, those O'Neils make a powerful pair of big men off the bench, so there's much more than Big Baby and Nate Robinson in the Celts reserves. Marquis Daniels will be key, to help rest Paul Pierce a bit more... that's the only area of concern for me on the Celts bench (Von Wafer may help, but I don't really know him as a talent).

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Miami doesn't have a bad bench but they DON'T have one of the top benches in the NBA. End of story

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 01:56 PM
And this article doesn't mention Delonte West now joining the Celtics. Plus, once Perk comes back, those O'Neils make a powerful pair of big men off the bench, so there's much more than Big Baby and Nate Robinson in the Celts reserves. Marquis Daniels will be key, to help rest Paul Pierce a bit more... that's the only area of concern for me on the Celts bench (Von Wafer may help, but I don't really know him as a talent).

Yep, I agree which is why I put the Cs and the Lakers at the top.

Carey
09-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Spurs?

With Ginobili starting they thinkg George Hill, DeJuan Blair, and McDyess make up a top tier bench?

Philly will have an underrated bench. Speights (or Spencer Hawes), Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Nocioni all coming off the bench. Solid... all those guys were starting last year at one point or another.

I actually think George Hill will start at the 2, leaving them a bench of....Splitter, Blair, James Anderson, Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner, which is pretty good. I agree on Philly, and also as a little plug I'd say Harden, Ibaka, Maynor and Collison is pretty good too. :)

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 01:57 PM

What about Matt Barnes? He started for the Magic... Also Steve Blake could start on some teams.

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I actually think George Hill will start at the 2, leaving them a bench of....Splitter, Blair, James Anderson, Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner, which is pretty good. I agree on Philly, and also as a little plug I'd say Harden, Ibaka, Maynor and Collison is pretty good too. :)

LOL why would the Spurs put their second best player, maybe their best player on the bench?

mikealike305
09-02-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL why would the Spurs put their second best player, maybe their best player on the bench?

cuz thats where he plays

Carey
09-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Because its basically what they've done his whole career, he runs the 2nd unit being the primary ball handler. Maximizes his effectiveness, you may wanna watch them once lol

Sportfan
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
lol. Dallas DOES Have the top bench. Terry Marion and Haywood are all starting material who are on their bench. Then you add in, Beubois, Barea, Stevenson and Tim thomas to that. One hell of a bench right there, hell their 2nd team could probably beat teams like Cleveland Washington and Sacramento and Minnesota.

sep11ie
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM

No and no.

Sportfan
As a spark

tcav701
So Jermaine O'Neal, Shaq, Big Baby, Nate, Delonte, Von Wafer, Daniels and Bradely isnt top 5?

Stunner
09-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Where are the Bulls?

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I am not a big fan of the Spurs. Although my Girlfriend Loves them lol.

I just know he seems to be the most effective on the team, I don't understand why they would put him on the bench. Unless he is only effective against second rate guys (the bench)

USMCLaker
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
No and no.

I have to agree with. No Laker fan can seriously think that Sasha is the qualifying factor that puts L.A. on a NBA league top bench list.

mikealike305
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM

I just know he seems to be the most effective on the team, I don't understand why they would put him on the bench. Unless he is only effective against second rate guys (the bench)

manu plays the 1.... tony parker plays the 1.... tony parker is better than manu.... there for manu rides bench and is one of the NBAs top 6th men

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Manu has come off the bench for a ton of his career.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
manu plays the 1.... tony parker plays the 1.... tony parker is better than manu.... there for manu rides bench and is one of the NBAs top 6th men

Manu is a wing. The reason he is brought off the bench is because his ego isn't pathetic like so many of our stars, and the Spurs love his spark in the second unit. And quite frankly, he plays starters minutes, and finishes every game on the floor, so its simply a coaching decision agreed upon by the players. Jason Terry fits the same mold

thephoenixson28
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Suns that low I smell ********.

Carey
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM

He and Tony Parker are at their best when they are the primary ball handlers, working the screen and roll getting shots for themselves and others. So to get the most out of Manu they make him the backup so that he has the freedom and the ball in his hands when he comes into the game.

Hawkeye15
players who win 6th man of the year typically come off the bench because that is the team's plan or need. Its not necessarily because the player that starts ahead of them is better. Its a strategy

Raidaz4Life
Manu has come off the bench for a ton of his career.

lol thats what I was going to say.

Stunner
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Watson
Bogans
Korver
Gibson
Asik
James Johnson
Kurt Thomas

is dat not a good bench?

hoopsguy820
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
No respect to the Bulls??? Taj Gibson (9pts 8reb), CJ Watson (10pts 3ast), Kyle Korver (7pts 53 3pt%), Kurt Thomas (5pts 8reb)...Joe Alexander, Joe Johnson, Omer Asik are guys who still are young...I'm not saying they're the best but some respect maybe!

Da Knicks
09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Lakers have the best bench imo followed by the Celtics...

king4day
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Suns that low I smell ********.

They're just looking at names and stars coming off the bench.
In terms of proven chemistry, the Suns bench was a major reason they reached the WCF last year.
This writer just sees names and busts a nut.

daleja424
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
they dont even look at the names really. They just go off public perception. I mean honestly...they rank on Miami's bench and don't even mention Haslem (who is good enough to start), Miller (who has been a starter his whole career), Big Z, or Carlos Arroyo (who was a solid starter last year for Miami... Some people are going to hate blindly...that is obvious...

Jonathan2323
09-02-2010, 02:48 PM
they dont even look at the names really. They just go off public perception. I mean honestly...they rank on Miami's bench and don't even mention Haslem (who is good enough to start), Miller (who has been a starter his whole career), Big Z, or Carlos Arroyo (who was a solid starter last year for Miami... Some people are going to hate blindly...that is obvious...

I don't know why they mentioned the HEAT, if they weren't going to put them on the list. It is hate and then they don't name our best bench players.

awmathewsjr
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
wow i thought heat would of been on there...

seriously?

stejay
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Lakers have the best bench imo followed by the Celtics...

This

saintl2510
09-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Matt Barnes
Lamar Odom
Theo Ratliff

And Sasha

yeah we got the best combination and guys that could play 2 or 3 positions

saintl2510
09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
probably this year thyll see that the bulls have a good team

beasted86
09-02-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree with the article, probably a very good chance Ginobili starts next season. RJ and Duncan benefit so much from him. George Hill can be the backup combo guard.

ewing
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Matt Barnes
Lamar Odom
Theo Ratliff

And Sasha

The ghost of Theo Ratliff isn't putting anyone over the top

beasted86
09-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Miami doesn't have a bad bench but they DON'T have one of the top benches in the NBA. End of story

Yeah, I think we get that, it's just the editor seemed to make a point of leaving out or only guys on the whole bench who we actually used cap space to sign, and don't make a minimum salary.

Poor transitional statement, kinda like "Heat have the worst bench in the league, now lets talk about benches that are actually good" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm used to the hate, so it didn't bother me...

Shady66
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Wow I agree with Dallas being at the top, either 1 or 2, but their is no way the Suns should be that far down. They should be either 1 or 2.

They had the best bench lats year, and lost barbosa who didnt mesh well, and got a gritty defender for him, then lose amundson for warrik.

from
Dragic
Barbosa
Dudley
Amundson
Frye
to
Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrik
Frye

beasted86
09-02-2010, 03:12 PM
The ghost of Theo Ratliff isn't putting anyone over the top

THIS.

I also figured we were finally done with overrating Shannon Brown after that poor playoff showing. But I guess the bandwagon is still going, eh?

ewing
09-02-2010, 03:13 PM
No respect to the Bulls??? Taj Gibson (9pts 8reb), CJ Watson (10pts 3ast), Kyle Korver (7pts 53 3pt%), Kurt Thomas (5pts 8reb)...Joe Alexander, Joe Johnson, Omer Asik are guys who still are young...I'm not saying they're the best but some respect maybe!

Joe Alexander??? He didn't even get a qulifing offer from the Bucks! The guy is one year away from Europe

kArSoN RyDaH
09-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Wow I agree with Dallas being at the top, either 1 or 2, but their is no way the Suns should be that far down. They should be either 1 or 2.

They had the best bench lats year, and lost barbosa who didnt mesh well, and got a gritty defender for him, then lose amundson for warrik.

from
Dragic
Barbosa
Dudley
Amundson
Frye
to
Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrik
Frye

agreed.

i thought suns would be #2 lakers #3 celtics #4 and so on.

THE MTL
09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I hope that not in order.

beasted86
09-02-2010, 03:23 PM

from
Dragic
Barbosa
Dudley
Amundson
Frye
to
Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrik
Frye

Biased much?

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/10/7/diffeff

Please explain how Phoenix had the best bench.

KmB728
09-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Delonte west Nate Robinson Shaquille oneal jermaine oneal big baby Von wafer and Marquise Daniels aren't good enough to get you the #1 bench?

BOSTON617
09-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Delonte west Nate Robinson Shaquille oneal jermaine oneal big baby Von wafer and Marquise Daniels aren't good enough to get you the #1 bench?

this lol

Shady66
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Biased much?

Oh okay, so I guess last year Cleveland, San Antonio and Sac town had the best benches.

lol

USMCLaker
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
this lol

Boston has got a pretty solid bench.

nolin
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Stop lying to yourself these 2 guys could not be starters anywhere in this lg

HouRealCoach
09-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Haha

wileyisTOFU
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM

So just Odom then?

LTBaByyy
09-02-2010, 03:51 PM

lol

wileyisTOFU
09-02-2010, 03:51 PM
And when was the last time Jason Terry was good? This writer is a moron

Ware_Spencer
09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I think the Jazz have an underrated bench.

Ronnie Price
CJ Miles
Gordon Hayward
Memhet Okur
Fesenko

it could change also

AK could come off the bench and Miles could start
Okur could start and Millsap could come off the bench when he is healthy.

Price
Hayward
AK
Millsap
Fesenko

Hayward could start on some bad teams
CJ Miles could start for some teams
Millsap could easily start
same with Okur and AK.

Jazz are pretty deep.

USMCLaker

Tell us how you really feel.

d-baller23
Orlando is at the top of this list too.

J-Will, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson, Brandon Bass, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, Chris Duhon. All these guys have started or will start on a team in the NBA.

nolin
09-02-2010, 03:54 PM

These 2 guys 5 years ago and the celtics have the best bench..

DoJoTheSlasher
09-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Jason Terry
Shawn Marion
Tyson Chandler
Dominique Jones
JJ Barea
Tim Thomas
Ian Mahinimi

Terry, Marion and Chandler could start on most teams. DoJo is gonna be a huge sleeper. Barea is an energy guy. Thomas can hit shots. Mahinimi is a project that could turn out really well.

And why do Suns fans always think they have the best team? Ragging on this article that they aren't #1, getting mad when Steve Nash isn't called the best PG in the game, getting mad when PHX gets left out of the top 10 in PRESEASON rankings..........

DoJoTheSlasher
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM

When was the last time the Rockets got out of the first round?

Jewelz0376
09-02-2010, 04:18 PM

they got out of the first round 2 years ago when they lost to the Lakers... lol you said that like they haven't been out the first round in years and years

macc
09-02-2010, 04:20 PM

Odom could be a starter, not Sasha or Brown.

SouthSideRookie
09-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Jason Terry
Shawn Marion
Tyson Chandler
Dominique Jones
JJ Barea
Tim Thomas
Ian Mahinimi

Terry, Marion and Chandler could start on most teams. DoJo is gonna be a huge sleeper. Barea is an energy guy. Thomas can hit shots. Mahinimi is a project that could turn out really well.

And why do Suns fans always think they have the best team? Ragging on this article that they aren't #1, getting mad when Steve Nash isn't called the best PG in the game, getting mad when PHX gets left out of the top 10 in PRESEASON rankings..........

Funny how here you say Terry can start for other teams yet in the Mavs forum Mavs fans want to get rid of him.

We all want to know when is the last time Dirk ever won anything when it mattered, also why are Mavs fans still under the assumption that he will ever win big, how delusional!

wileyisTOFU
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

valade16
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I like some of the people here sticking up for their team. But sometimes you gotta stop being a homer and actually look at the list of names you put up and realize it's not as good as most of the ones the other teams are putting up.

My Blazers are 3rd, Yeah Boi! We've had a deadly bench for awhile now...

USMCLaker
09-02-2010, 04:40 PM

I don't really care just thought it was funny.

fadedmario
09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I may have my homer shades on but Detroit's bench actually looks pretty good.

Ben Gordon
Charlie Villanueva
Tracy McGrady
Greg Monroe
Will Bynum
Terrico White
Dajuan Summers
Chris Wilcox

BenFrank
09-02-2010, 04:45 PM
The Rockets bench helped them go 42-40 (in the west) with no Yao.. or Mcgrady. We go out and add. Brad Miller, C. Lee, and P.Patterson.. and we're ranked 7th? Smh.. Houston will have a top 3 bench this comin season... That list is all jacked up.. and Hayes held his own as a 6'6 Center.

Lowry
Lee
Budinger
Hill/Patterson
Miller/Hayes..

BlazingJ
09-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Glad they finally showed some respect for my blazers :D

jasondrobinson
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM
im not a celts fan but there bench is STACKED even with age and injuries

TheWatcher34
09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
crappy list!
Celtics are too low.
+ the signing of Delonte West should put the Celtics' bench way up there...if not ahead of everybody :)

king4day
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Biased much?

Most of the time last year, when the Suns bench came in, they were able to maintain, and/or build on the lead from the starters. It was very rare for the opposing benches to outperform the Suns'.

I think last years playoffs speaks for itself with how well they did.

Wade>You
09-02-2010, 05:33 PM
A great bench doesn't necessarily mean a team will win a championship, but how much can a weak bench hurt? Maybe the Miami Heat are about to find out. Name me one other team that can rest a Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh while still fielding a lineup that includes Arroyo LeBron Miller Haslem and Big Z.

Livefrom21Five
09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Philly will have an underrated bench. Speights (or Spencer Hawes), Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Nocioni all coming off the bench. Solid... all those guys were starting last year at one point or another.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Not trying to be a homer, but definitely a deep bench, but a result of no legit superstar, but a bunch of role players.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Funny how here you say Terry can start for other teams yet in the Mavs forum Mavs fans want to get rid of him.

We all want to know when is the last time Dirk ever won anything when it mattered, also why are Mavs fans still under the assumption that he will ever win big, how delusional!

I dont like Terry but truth is, alot of teams would still want him to start on their teams.

And Dirk, himself, has been better than the enitre Rocket's teams over the past decade.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I dont like Terry but truth is, alot of teams would still want him to start on their teams.

And Dirk, himself, has been better than the enitre Rocket's teams over the past decade.

A) I don't even know what this means
B) How is it relevant to the thread?

Super.
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Name me one other team that can rest a Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh while still fielding a lineup that includes Arroyo LeBron Miller Haslem and Big Z.

I didn't know Lebron wasn't starting.

This isn't talking about what lineups your team can show, it's about the BENCH

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh clearly don't count. After reviewing your roster, Big Z looks like the starting Center.

Miller, House, Haslem, Howard is a solid bench, but clearly not the best in the league, and not in the top 10.

(But being able to sit Wade and Bosh while LeBron plays will be a huge boon to the bench)

gcoll
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
The Suns have the best bench in the NBA. It's not even a contest.

Avenged
09-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Odom yes, but the other two no way.

Shannon really doesn't bring much to the table but a pair of dunks, unless some team is really in need of a SG, I don't see it happening.

And we all know Sasha's game now, no way is he a starter in this league for any team.

JPHX
09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Im not feeling the whole "Big names must mean you have a better bench" concept. You still need to prove you have cohesion in a second unit to effectively relieve the starting unit and so far a lot of teams have restructured their benches including my suns. However, anyone who watched the playoffs last year knows that the Suns depth carried them to the Western Conference Finals and since their changes werent as drastic as other teams, they should be higher on the list.

Jewelz0376
09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I didn't know Lebron wasn't starting.

This isn't talking about what lineups your team can show, it's about the BENCH

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh clearly don't count. After reviewing your roster, Big Z looks like the starting Center.

Miller, House, Haslem, Howard is a solid bench, but clearly not the best in the league, and not in the top 10.

(But being able to sit Wade and Bosh while LeBron plays will be a huge boon to the bench)

Its funny to me when people talk about a teams bench like this is 4th grade and every team does mass subs...For the playoffs all you need is 3 good bench guys thats it..and maybe a 4th for foul trouble or injuries

dc5jdm
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Name me one other team that can rest a Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh while still fielding a lineup that includes Arroyo LeBron Miller Haslem and Big Z.

well no team.. cause the other teams dont have those players :p

SouthSideRookie
09-02-2010, 08:49 PM

No wonder Dirk is going to go ringless for his career. At least in the Rocket's case they are going into a new decade and things look good, now that you brought up decades, can you remember what happened in the decade of the 90's in Houston? I'll give you a hint,,something that's never happend in Dallas and won't be happening anytime soon!:)

Sly Guy
09-02-2010, 08:50 PM
first team I thought of was the c's, and they were no where near the top.

DeZonia
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Its funny to me when people talk about a teams bench like this is 4th grade and every team does mass subs...For the playoffs all you need is 3 good bench guys thats it..and maybe a 4th for foul trouble or injuries

This is a Bench Ranking Post. You Heat fans get all butt hurt because people don't consider you to have one of the best benches, (which you don't). Its a totally different roster if you add people that can play while bench is in. Such as Gasol and Kobe. But we aren't doing that here, So get off that subject.

Giaps
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Not the best but my homer pick:
Anthony Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas

REALLYYYYY?
09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
...is everyone forgetting that the bulls bench has KEITH BOGANS???

Spurred1
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Im not feeling the whole "Big names must mean you have a better bench" concept. You still need to prove you have cohesion in a second unit to effectively relieve the starting unit and so far a lot of teams have restructured their benches including my suns. However, anyone who watched the playoffs last year knows that the Suns depth carried them to the Western Conference Finals and since their changes werent as drastic as other teams, they should be higher on the list.

I agree, the Suns should be a lot higher-the Suns' bench was one major reason the team got to the WCF. But do you think losing Amundson (he's still unsigned,right?) will result in the bench production dropping off a bit?

Tommyh1331
09-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I think the magic and celtics are the deepest with LA right there

LTBaByyy
09-02-2010, 11:54 PM

16 pts, 4 ast last season isnt good???

the year b4 that he won 6th man of the year???

I guess ginobli, crawford, jr smith arent good either

LTBaByyy
09-02-2010, 11:59 PM
No wonder Dirk is going to go ringless for his career. At least in the Rocket's case they are going into a new decade and things look good, now that you brought up decades, can you remember what happened in the decade of the 90's in Houston? I'll give you a hint,,something that's never happend in Dallas and won't be happening anytime soon!:)

Dude yall were established 20 years b4 the mavs!!!

Why dont you wait until we been in the league as many years of yall???

1967- 2010 = 43 years

so in 20 more years when we hit 43, and havent won a championship ill give you props

But thats like saying the Texans wont ever win a super bowl, the cowboys have 5!!!!

grow up please lol

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 12:06 AM

1967- 2010 = 43 years

so in 20 more years when we hit 43, and havent won a championship ill give you props

But thats like saying the Texans wont ever win a super bowl, the cowboys have 5!!!!

grow up please lol

Difference is that the Texans haven't been favored for like this whole decade, finishing with 50+win seasons time after time, when they choked against Golden State they finished with the sixth best record in NBA history as far as most wins in a season, and Mavs fans still are blind enough to actually think that they will ever win something, wake up people!

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Difference is that the Texans haven't been favored for like this whole decade, finishing with 50+win seasons time after time, when they choked against Golden State they finished with the sixth best record in NBA history as far as most wins in a season, and Mavs fans still are blind enough to actually think that they will ever win something, wake up people!

It took yall 28 years to win yalls first championship!! :eyebrow:

Its our what 21st season??? so how can you talk, give us 7 more years then start talking

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
You need to grow up please, yall were watching us in the playoffs last year so you have no right to talk until the season starts

It took yall 28 years to win yalls first championship!! :eyebrow:

Its our what 21st season??? facts dont lie.

Im not putting Dallas down for not having won yet, my point is that they will never win with Dirk, if you haven't figured that one out by now, I don't know what else to say.

Avenged
09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Actually, the Mavs could win it all with Dirk, they were really close a couple years ago.

Thing is though, Dirk really needs a #2 star option with him.

He can't do it with minimal help or a bunch of good solid players, he needs that one "star" at his side.

JPHX
09-03-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree, the Suns should be a lot higher-the Suns' bench was one major reason the team got to the WCF. But do you think losing Amundson (he's still unsigned,right?) will result in the bench production dropping off a bit?

Thats definitely one of the fears. Can Warrick bring the same or close to the same energy and defense as lou did? That really remains to be seen. However swapping out Barbosa for a tougher, grittier 6'8" Childress is definitely and upgrade and should compensate for the loss. This time the energy and hustle would be coming from the wing positions instead of the benches big men.

Spurred1
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Anyone want to speculate if Amundson's departure will affect the Suns' bench? They had a terrific bench last year and he was a significant part of that. (Don't get angry Suns fans-the bench will likely be terrific this season as well. But I always like to wait and see before making pronouncements.)

Oops..sorry about that. Someone posted right before this went up.

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Actually, the Mavs could win it all with Dirk, they were really close a couple years ago.

Thing is though, Dirk really needs a #2 star option with him.

He can't do it with minimal help or a bunch of good solid players, he needs that one "star" at his side.

Minimal help??? Are you serious. How in the world have they finished with such damn good records if Dirk had minimal help, especially in the west, c'mon lets get real. I know that everyone always has faith in their own team but man seriously they have just proved so many times that they don't have what it takes.

Spurred1
09-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Thats definitely one of the fears. Can Warrick bring the same or close to the same energy and defense as lou did? That really remains to be seen. However swapping out Barbosa for a tougher, grittier 6'8" Childress is definitely and upgrade and should compensate for the loss. This time the energy and hustle would be coming from the wing positions instead of the benches big men.

I know Warrick played for the Grizz a few years back. IF I remember correctly. he brought energy and hustle.

But I thought you guys liked Barbosa.

Avenged
09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Minimal help??? Are you serious. How in the world have they finished with such damn good records if Dirk had minimal help, especially in the west, c'mon lets get real. I know that everyone always has faith in their own team but man seriously they have just proved so many times that they don't have what it takes.

Same can be said about the Cavaliers.

Regular season performances really means nothing if you haven't noticed.

And you yourself said it best: "especially in the West". It's a lot harder to come out of the West in the postseason.

Driven
09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
OMG my team should be on there and they should be higher they are clearly disrespect against and everyone hates them that's the only logical reason why MY team isn't higher on the list the list is bogus.

I've never seen so much homerism in a thread before. But I guess that happens when we're talking about BENCHES. Of course people are going to think their team has one of the best benches. Who knows any of these teams' benches that well except for your own teams? Yeah, you might be able to name the players, but you don't know how effective they really are in their roles, unless you follow that team on a consistent basis.

JPHX
09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I know Warrick played for the Grizz a few years back. IF I remember correctly. he brought energy and hustle.

But I thought you guys liked Barbosa.

Barbosa was great and will definitely be a suns fav for a long time. However, perimeter D was one of the weakspots for the team especially in the Laker series. and with the emergence of Dragic, LB had trouble finding his role last season. Now with every bench exceeding the height of at least 6'4" we have a bigger, tougher bench.

and if thats the case hopefully Warrick plays like he did on the Grizz.

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Same can be said about the Cavaliers.

Regular season performances really means nothing if you haven't noticed.

And you yourself said it best: "especially in the West". It's a lot harder to come out of the West in the postseason.

So you think Golden State, Miami Finals and even last year was all a fluke?

Avenged
09-03-2010, 12:42 AM
So you think Golden State, Miami Finals and even last year was all a fluke?

A fluke of what? that it's tough to come out the West? Sure.

MTar786
09-03-2010, 12:44 AM
imo the celtics have the best bench (when perk gets back) followed by the lakers

CBCable
09-03-2010, 12:48 AM

1967- 2010 = 43 years

grow up please lol

The Mavericks franchise was created in 1980. This is their thirtieth year.

MTar786
09-03-2010, 12:55 AM

the west is more balanced.. but not as strong as they used to be.
people are just used to saying the west is wayyyyyy better. IM from LA.. so im not being biased at all.

balanced: portland, utah, phoenix, SA, possibly the clippers, houston
good: dallas, OKC
great: LA

from last season the east became harder to come out of.

3 of the best 4 teams in the nba were in the east last season
orlando, boston and cleveland

this season 3 of the top 4 teams are in the east again

miami, boston and orlando

then u have atlanta who's above average

and then everyone else is either mediocre or trash

my point is......

west: harder to win during the season
east: harder to make it to the finals

its not easy to say miami will beat boston or orlando for that matter.. but everyone knows.. it will be a surprise to anyone if OKC, dallas or anyone out west stops LA from making it to the finals.

getting out of the east is harder. winning during the season in the west is harder

Avenged
09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
people are just used to saying the west is wayyyyyy better. IM from LA.. so im not being biased at all.

my point is......

its not easy to say miami will beat boston or orlando for that matter.. but everyone knows.. it will be a surprise to anyone if OKC, dallas or anyone out west stops LA from making it to the finals.

getting out of the east is harder. winning during the season in the west is harder

Yep, pretty much to a point.

The West is much balanced from 1-8 but the East have about 3 teams with a legitimate chance to win it all. (or had, probably have more now to some people)

I think the reason for that is because the Lakers are clearly above everyone else in the West. I mean, it's really tough to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series to due their depth and length. You remove the Lakers, and all of a sudden the top spot is up for grabs, that's how close it is.

In the West, 1-8 teams can practically lose to anyone which makes it difficult to win since you never catch that "break" in the postseason.

Every team has to work their ***** off to advance in the West. Meanwhile in the East, you have the top 3 who are basically not playing to their fullest potential in the early rounds due to them having to matchup with a lower seeded team.

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 01:03 AM

Last year the Mavs became the first #2 seed to be eliminated in the first round since it interpreted the best of seven format for all rounds. The 2007 Mavs were beat 4 games to 2 against the Golden State Warriors as a #1 seed; also the first team in league history to be beaten as a #1 seed in the first round with the best of seven format and only the third team in league history to be upset as a #1 seed in the first round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_Playoffs

And not to mention having a 2 game lead in the finals against Dwade and a good "supporting cast" unless you think Shaq was still in his prime. I guess im wrong for thinking that the Warriors had no business winning that series or for thinking that the Mavs would of been able to close out those series when they were favored.

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 01:03 AM

my point is......

so the west doesn't play eastern conference teams during the season now?

its harder to make the finals in the west!!!! bc its balanced like you said

smuffins353
09-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Whens the last time the Mavericks choked?

oh yea very season LMAOOOOOOOOO

old & washed up team

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Last year the Mavs became the first #2 seed to be eliminated in the first round since it interpreted the best of seven format for all rounds. The 2007 Mavs were beat 4 games to 2 against the Golden State Warriors as a #1 seed; also the first team in league history to be beaten as a #1 seed in the first round with the best of seven format and only the third team in league history to be upset as a #1 seed in the first round.

And not to mention having a 2 game lead in the finals against Dwade and a good "supporting cast" unless you think Shaq was still in his prime. I guess im wrong for thinking that the Warriors had no business winning that series or for thinking that the Mavs would of been able to close out those series when they were favored.

We have never had a legit #2 since the dirk era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont say nash, look at his stats in dallas

during the finals and #1 seeds, josh howard was our #2???

you say its all dirk in the post you have made by saying we wont win while having dirk, DIRK IS THE PERSON THAT GOT US TO THE FINALS AND THE #1 SEEDS!!! He is the only reason

And dont say yall have caron butler, he's rated the 12th SF!

We have never had a kobe, wade, ginobli, pierce type player to go with dirk that gasol, shaq, duncan, kg had during the previous championships have had

If we did, we wouldnt have this argument bc we would have atleast 2 titles right now

Avenged
09-03-2010, 01:15 AM

I'm sorry you wasted your time, but you clearly took my words out of context.

Forget we're talking about the Mavs, and just realize that it's tough to make it out of the West in the postseason because every team has a legitimate chance to beat one another. Nobody has even mentioned the Warriors :laugh2: you need to relax.

This past postseason is a perfect example of what I just said. The West was so close, you practically have every playoff team other than the Lakers fighting for the 2 spot out West. The Spurs got 50 wins, the Mavs got 55, that's how close it was.

Your GSW reference, I don't know why that was brought up but yes they choked that year, I don't see any other explanation.

The Mavs vs. Heat finals has more to do with Wade's historical performance more than anything and it goes to prove what I originally stated: that Dirk needs that legitimate #2 star on his team to win it all.

bostncelts34
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
They have a good bench (Dallas), but id go with Boston. Not trying to be a homer either, just dont see how you can get much deeper than this bench..

West/Bradley
Robinson/Von wafer
Daniels/Wafer
Davis/JO
Shaq/JO

i mean with a second rotation of west,nate,daniels and JO shaq and davis as your bigs, some of these guys would be starters on other teams.

The Miami Cheat
09-03-2010, 10:24 AM

:clap:

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
We have never had a legit #2 since the dirk era!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont say nash, look at his stats in dallas

during the finals and #1 seeds, josh howard was our #2???

you say its all dirk in the post you have made by saying we wont win while having dirk, DIRK IS THE PERSON THAT GOT US TO THE FINALS AND THE #1 SEEDS!!! He is the only reason

And dont say yall have caron butler, he's rated the 12th SF!

We have never had a kobe, wade, ginobli, pierce type player to go with dirk that gasol, shaq, duncan, kg had during the previous championships have had

If we did, we wouldnt have this argument bc we would have atleast 2 titles right now

IF IF IF, IF Duncan, Kobe or Baron didn't exist then maybe Dirk would have a ring. If my aunt had bal**s she'd be my uncle.

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
IF IF IF, IF Duncan, Kobe or Baron didn't exist then maybe Dirk would have a ring. If my aunt had bal**s she'd be my uncle.

:facepalm:

You have NO Idea what your talking about, Go look at how many times we played the lakers during the playoffs

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

You have NO Idea what your talking about, Go look at how many times we played the lakers during the playoffs

Thats what makes it even worse, at least Nash, Amare, Melo and others can say they've gotten beat by an all time great, Dirk? Baron:facepalm:

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
[/B]

Thats what makes it even worse, at least Nash, Amare, Melo and others can say they've gotten beat by an all time great, Dirk? Baron:facepalm:

You contradict yourself? We've have better post seasons than those 2 teams and dirk has had better post season career wise than those 3 career wise

llemon
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry you wasted your time, but you clearly took my words out of context.

Forget we're talking about the Mavs, and just realize that it's tough to make it out of the West in the postseason because every team has a legitimate chance to beat one another. Nobody has even mentioned the Warriors :laugh2: you need to relax.

This past postseason is a perfect example of what I just said. The West was so close, you practically have every playoff team other than the Lakers fighting for the 2 spot out West. The Spurs got 50 wins, the Mavs got 55, that's how close it was.

Your GSW reference, I don't know why that was brought up but yes they choked that year, I don't see any other explanation.

The Mavs vs. Heat finals has more to do with Wade's historical performance more than anything and it goes to prove what I originally stated: that Dirk needs that legitimate #2 star on his team to win it all.

Having watched the Heat-Mavs Finals and the following years Mavs-Warriors playoff series, I've always felt that Mavs lost those series due to the referee allowed manhandling of Nowitzki by Haslem and Stevie Jackson

SouthSideRookie
09-03-2010, 05:21 PM
You contradict yourself? We've have better post seasons than those 2 teams and dirk has had better post season career wise than those 3 career wise

You dont get it, thats more of a reason why the masses say that Dirk has proven time after time, that a team led by him cant win when it matters. Dirk is the best player of that team, it always falls on the best player of the team, if the Lakers lose guess who gets the blame, and please stop with the BS about him not having a good supporting cast, that has really gotten old.

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 05:40 PM
[/B]

You dont get it, thats more of a reason why the masses say that Dirk has proven time after time, that a team led by him cant win when it matters. Dirk is the best player of that team, it always falls on the best player of the team, if the Lakers lose guess who gets the blame, and please stop with the BS about him not having a good supporting cast, that has really gotten old.

If everyone has been saying it and its getting old, maybe its true??

your a rockets fan so i expect you to not like us, just worry about your team, im happy with having 50 win seasons for the last 11 years or so, so im really not complaining, i promise we will win a championship b4 the rockets from now on though IMO, we havent rebuilded since the dirk era we always reload and will have so much cap space next summer!

Spurred1
09-03-2010, 05:57 PM
This thread has turned moronic.

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
This is silly to me.

Lakers and Celtics easily, with the Heat close behind.

The Celtics have three guys that were starting on playoff teams last year on their bench.

J.O.
Shaq
West

I'm not saying any of those guys are great or what they once were, but they certainly contribute a lot. Add to that Big Baby and Nate Robinson and you've got a sick bench. They lost a bit with Rasheed and Tony Allen, but I still think they've got a top-notch bench.

The Lakers have

Odom
Barnes
Blake
Brown

I don't think it's even possible to top this, especially with how well it compliments their starters. They have great defensive wings in Kobe and Artest and will be replacing them with Matt Barnes!?!?! Not to mention Odom would be a starter on at least 25 of the 32 teams in the NBA.

Miami's bench is not great, but it is the perfect compliment to their starting lineup. Their bench spreads the floor with shooting and can compliment the starting pieces that will ALWAYS be on the floor. Any time a team will have LeBron or Wade on the floor for the entire 48 minutes of every single game the definition of "great bench player" changes. It isn't about their overall talent, it is about what role they bring to the table to compliment Wade or James.

Not to mention that James and Wade have made a career of making scrubs better players. These bench players will always have one of these two on the floor. That makes them much better players by default.

llemon
09-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Nets have a decent bench

Jordan Farmar
Anthony Morrow
Damion James
Derrick Favors
Kris Humphries
Quinton Ross

Johan Petro

LTBaByyy
09-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Im a mavs fan but to be honest i would go

1) Celtics
2) Mavs
3) Magic (Reddick, Q Richardson, Bass, Gortat, Anderson)
4) Lakers
5) Suns

I put magic that high bc thats pretty good bench plus Duhon is a GREAT back up player, we only look at him being average as a starter, he was a really good back up! thats why he had alot of offers, and a few of them were to start! b4 joining NY (B4 the pg draft)

lavilevi23
09-03-2010, 06:27 PM
This writer is a Heat hater.

WeAreClutch
09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
jeff van gundy would say that new york has the strongest bench, solid oak.

PHX2daDEATH
09-05-2010, 11:50 PM
The Suns bench outplayed the starters many times last season.

cowboyz180
09-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Mavs are definitely one of the deepest teams in the league