PDA

View Full Version : Who is Your Favorite Player in the NBA?

kArSoN RyDaH
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
and why?

dhopisthename
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Dwyane wade because I am a heat fan

Asham
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Lebron James because he is the KING

BallinGid3
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Dwyane Wade ever since i been watching the nba hes just been my favorite hes the most exciting player 2 watch

Agar81
09-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Outside of the Celtics my favorite player is Kevin Durant (and has been for 2-3 years). The guy has so much dedication and drive and isn't cocky, disrespectfull, or selfcentered at all and he plays the game the way it should be played. Not to mention he is the best player in the NBA IMO (with character and game involved)

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

td0tsfinest
09-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Come to think of it, I don't have 1 favourite player. I'm fan a few players equally. Lebron, Paul, Howard, Nash and Duncan are the ones I've always liked.

TheTakeOver24
09-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Dwyane Wade because of the way he plays. Night in and night out he has put scrub teams on his back while facing relentless double and triple teams.
His off the court humbleness and just overall classiness as a human being makes him my favorite player.

dan917
09-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Dwyane Wade and Kevin Durant.

Wade reminds me of Penny Hardaway. Great all around player who can do it all. Durant is amazing to watch. He can score from anywhere on the court.

tcav701
09-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Tim Duncan.

Fundamental player, Hall of Famer with a D-League ego.

Raidaz4Life
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Currently Kevin Durant.... he is a true competitor and one of the most humble guys you'll ever meet.

ChiSox219
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Corey Benjamin

ManningToTyree
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Knicks: Gallo
NBA: Rondo

Hiphopopotamus
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Derrick Rose, Durant, Howard, D Will, Rondo

knicks09
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Kevin Durant. He's the next big thing in the NBA and in my opinion, he will he better than Kobe Bryant

Hiphopopotamus
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
oh and why...Rose: I'm a Bulls fan, lived in Chicago and Northern IL birth to age 21.
Durant: old school mindset and respect with monster skills
Howard: fav big (that's not Joakim) always seems like he is having fun
D Will: Illini
Rondo: live a hour north of Boston now and have been watching a lot of their games, he is pretty underrated even as he gains recognition, I still believe Rose is/will be better

Hawkeye15
09-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Kevin's

Love
Durant
Garnett

_KB24_
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Kobe
Jennings
Howard

BlazingJ
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Nic Batum!! he does everything so efficiently, he's a great shooter, and is a lock down defender. If I had to choose someone not on the blazers it would be Tim Duncan. Everything he does just seems to be great

Slimsim
09-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Sorry But my favorite player ATM is Cappie Pondexter of the New York Liberty.

Sadds The Gr8
09-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Kevin's

Love
Durant
Garnett

Prolly cuz your name is Kevin

97NYer
09-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Kevin Durant because he's a good kid and a dynamite scorer.

momoneyyyy
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
dirkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!
stephen curry.

DerekRE_3
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Gerald Wallace: He plays hard every play on both offense and defense and has no regard for his own body. This lead to the awesome nickname of "Crash." I also love the fact that he never settles on offense. So many players do, but Gerald never does.

Close 2nd...Tyreke Evans. The Sacramento Kings are my favorite team, and Reke has all the makings of a superstar player and franchise savior. I love his all around game and how he never settles for jumpers (for good reason, he has a bad jumpshot).

*Silver&Black*
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Hawks: Josh Smith

NBA: Steve Nash

dan917
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Another favorite of mine is Tayshaun Prince. One of the more underrated players in the league.

EaglesJackson10
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
As a Sixers fan I like Jrue Holiday. I loved Evan Turner in college and despite his summer league play I expect him to be a great player and probably my favorite Sixer. As far as player who is not on the Sixers I love Wade and Kobe. I wish Lebron didn't go to the Heat because now I am going to root against them.

Slimsim
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Another favorite of mine is Tayshaun Prince. One of the more underrated players in the league.

I Like this A player who's is not a elite player or a up and coming star. Like for Me my Favorite NBA player is Thaddeus Young.

Cap'nCrunch40
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Vince Carter.

He's been my favorite player since I first started watching basketball.
I hope he wins a ring this year.
But I know he won't.

Chacarron
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
My sig is self-explanatory.

thescore53
09-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Dwyane Wade because of the way he plays. Night in and night out he has put scrub teams on his back while facing relentless double and triple teams.
His off the court humbleness and just overall classiness as a human being makes him my favorite player.

word. wade is the empitome of "heart"

D-Train#35
09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Baron motha ****in Davis

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM
bulls : D rose, noah

Nba: D wade, duncan, manu, nash, g wallce, d will,

most fav : D rose, then tie with wade and manu (love to watch them both play, exciting)

Chest Rockwell
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Danilo Gallinari, because I am a Knicks fan.

I don't really have favorite players outside of my favorite team but a non-Knick player I like watching is Dwight Howard.

dan917
09-01-2010, 11:17 PM
As a Sixers fan I like Jrue Holiday. I loved Evan Turner in college and despite his summer league play I expect him to be a great player and probably my favorite Sixer. As far as player who is not on the Sixers I love Wade and Kobe. I wish Lebron didn't go to the Heat because now I am going to root against them.

Yeah same here. I love Jrue man. He's gonna surprise alot of people this year. I might even go on to say he'll be a top 10 PG in the league when the seasons over.

I Like this A player who's is not a elite player or a up and coming star. Like for Me my Favorite NBA player is Thaddeus Young.

Yeah Thad is another one of my favorites. He had a bad year last year, but I blame that on the coach and making him play out of position at the 4. Hopefully Doug Collins will use him the right way.

Slimsim
09-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah same here. I love Jrue man. He's gonna surprise alot of people this year. I might even go on to say he'll be a top 10 PG in the league when the seasons over.

Yeah Thad is another one of my favorites. He had a bad year last year, but I blame that on the coach and making him play out of position at the 4. Hopefully Doug Collins will use him the right way.

I just love Thad game Wish he was on the Knicks. Actually i would trade anyone on the Knicks Not named Amare to get Him.

Baller1
09-01-2010, 11:20 PM
1. Kevin Durant because he's perfect.
2. Westbrook because he'd be the most perfect person on the planet if it weren't for Durant.
3. Deron Williams because he's nearly perfect, he's just lacking the right uniform.

Ray Allen will always be one of my favorites though. Former Sonics legend and the greatest three-point shooter of all time.

Jamballin L@KER
09-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Kobe Bryant.

mikantsass
Rose because he is god. He could kick Chuck Norris' @$$ in a fight.

Sportfan
Peter John Ramos because he is too good for the NBA

mynameismo
09-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Rondo, KG, KD, Battier, Manu

NBA-GMaster
09-01-2010, 11:46 PM
LeBron, Yao and his Airness Michael Jordan..

gbpackers12
09-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Dwight Howard.

CLASSOF72
09-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Kevin Durant. He's the next big thing in the NBA and in my opinion, he will he better than Kobe Bryant

The sig I can dig the comments are questionable. I'd say TD overall who's still in the league, he's got it right. Otherwise, DFish of the Lakers is a class act with a backbone.

TheGsw
09-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Stephen Curry is currently mine. He can ball!

My favorite player not on the Warriors is Kobe Bryant. Dude just works hard

ryansuydam26
09-02-2010, 12:29 AM
and why?

probaly kyle korver maybe AI but prob korver

Ollie Tabooger
09-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Aaron Brooks. I've always liked rooting for non-household names, and I loved Brooks at Oregon. Continued to follow him in the NBA.

asandhu23
09-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Monta Ellis.

iFYouSeekAmy
09-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Monta Ellis.

I KNEW IT.

just sayin.

:hi5:

Gators123
09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Pistons: Stuckey, Ben Wallace

NBA: Nash, Durant, Kobe

Avenged
09-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Kobe.. obviously.

And Lebron, actually. I love his game and how he just completely annihilates the defensive opposition. His off-court "tantics" aren't anything to slobber about, but even if you hate the guy, you have to like his game.

topdog
09-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Kind of at a crossroads for me. I used to have a starting five of favorite players but they've pretty much fallen off for me...

I'll go with Steve Nash. Love his offensive game with his great decision making and his steady range. Defense needs some help and his age is pushing him off my list (joining Ray Ray).

SouljahPhil...
09-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Next is melo...As of late I really admire how durant work and play..

MELO 15
09-02-2010, 12:51 AM
My boy Melo, he has the best offensive game on this planet, im talking bout off the dribble pull up jumper, jab step jump shot, quick first step, post u up power or finnes the three ball, and he makes look all to easy, has the best midrange jumpshot in the game, just pure nasty. He sores easier than any one in the league, bar none. And the best part of his game is being one of the best clutch players in the game, with the game on the line i would want melo shooting all the time

SA5195
09-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Kobe Bryant.

The reason why I love/watch/play basketball.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 12:55 AM
My boy Melo, he has the best offensive game on this planet, im talking bout off the dribble pull up jumper, jab step jump shot, quick first step, post u up power or finnes the three ball, and he makes look all to easy, has the best midrange jumpshot in the game, just pure nasty. He sores easier than any one in the league, bar none. And the best part of his game is being one of the best clutch players in the game, with the game on the line i would want melo shooting all the time

This is the "Favorite Player" thread, not the "Pretend Your Favorite Player Is As Good As You Want Him To Be" thread.

NUGGS fan fm OR
09-02-2010, 12:59 AM
:clap:

Mine too man MELOOO!!! and hes not just a scorer.

Gilly1254
09-02-2010, 01:02 AM
D12... the man turned things around in Orlando and gives me hope.

lakers4sho
09-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Kobe, then Pau, then Steve Nash

MELO 15
09-02-2010, 01:04 AM
This is the "Favorite Player" thread, not the "Pretend Your Favorite Player Is As Good As You Want Him To Be" thread.

Your boy durant in a head to head matchup with melo, melo has won, especially in the clutch as I pointed out, durant has felt it more than a couple of times, and if u disagree with melo having the best all around offensive game in the league than some thing is wrong with u, look up melo and clutch and u see durant and the thunder as being one of his victims quite a few times. What I state is fact buddy, wich is why he is my favorite player

Wade>You
09-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Wade no doubt. You guys got a chance to see what it's like to be a Wade fan in the Olympics. Easy to root for.

DeShaun Brown
09-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Derrick Rose I love to watch him play. Like it's been said so many times before, he has a combination of Paul's speed and d-Will's strength and an unbelievable ability to finish at the rim even with contact. To top it all off, he's extremely humble and a hard worker.

I still remember when he crossed over Andre Miller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0) and when he dunked on Dragic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVo-1_GI5Qc).

sacgiants1213
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Kevin Martin. He didn't really do much his rookie year, But his sophomore year was completely different. Even though he didn't score much his 2nd year in the league, i thought he would turn out to be a stud. Dude kept improving every year and made Kings basketball somewhat fun to watch when the team was dog ****.

NUGGS fan fm OR
09-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Your boy durant in a head to head matchup with melo, melo has won, especially in the clutch as I pointed out, durant has felt it more than a couple of times, and if u disagree with melo having the best all around offensive game in the league than some thing is wrong with u, look up melo and clutch and u see durant and the thunder as being one of his victims quite a few times. What I state is fact buddy, wich is why he is my favorite player

ha yea man twice in the same season game winners over OKC

Baller1
09-02-2010, 01:21 AM

First of all, I didn't even bring up Durant. But since you would like to, I'll gladly prove to you why Durant is the better player.

Alright, are you ready? Don't get mad when all these posts from a past thread prove you completely wrong.

Thanks to tredigs and ChiSox for the help.

Offensively:
I'll just keep it simple for you.

Here you go. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=duranke01&y1=2010&p2=anthoca01&y2=2010)

Durant has a better ts%, eFG%, REB%, STL%, BLK%. Furthermore, he absolutely destroys Melo in Win Shares. Both offensively and defensively.

Defensively:

This is what I used to use, especially for defense:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Tj2oU_HnzQ8J:www.hoopnumbers.com/allAnalysisView%3Fanalysis%3DRAPM+site:www.hoopnum bers.com+hoopnumbers&hl=en&gl=us&strip=0

Unfortunately, the guy who came up with that stat and ran the site was hired by an NBA team so all I have left is the google cache of just one season.

Durant's defensive improvement over 08-09 was huge, he learned to play the PnR and rotate better as well as becoming a better man defender. He was the MIP of last season, no question.

I had this conversation with a guy the other day who thinks Melo is better, so I'll just copy/paste that post:

Melo doesn't put out the effort or have the success that KD does on the defensive end. This isn't 2008, there were countless reports about how the kid worked on that tirelessly over the summer with specialty coaches, and it's paying dividends. Melo has always been indifferent on that side of the floor, and the opponents production against him prove it. Compare the two:
http://www.82games.com/0910/0910OKC.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DEN.HTM

^That's about 40% better production that SF's had against Melo than they did Durant. Also look at the splits between their adjusted +/- ...they're not comparable.

KD averaged more points at a higher efficiency (.607 ts%) than Melo ever has in any year, let alone last year. His per-game steals were also better than anything Melo's reached, and his bpg (1) were twice Melo's all time best. His PER of 26.2 is 4 higher than Melo's best (last year at 22.2). And he had an Offensive rating of 118 to Melo's 110 (his best ever). I could keep going. Melo being consistently injured for about ~10-15 games the past 4 seasons doesn't exactly help his case, either.

Durant's better. And he's 21 with a ridiculous work ethic to boot; he's only going to improve this summer.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Derrick Rose I love to watch him play. Like it's been said so many times before, he has a combination of Paul's speed and d-Will's strength and an unbelievable ability to finish at the rim even with contact. To top it all off, he's extremely humble and a hard worker.

I still remember when he crossed over Andre Miller (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0) and when he dunked on Dragic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVo-1_GI5Qc).

That dunk over Dragic was ****ing insane... I just felt bad for him.

jmtapia
09-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Tough to choose one but for me its between Tyreke Evans and LBJ.

WadeKobe
09-02-2010, 01:23 AM
1) Dwyane Wade

The guy is easily top 3 in the game, probably top two, and there is an argument to be made for best in the game. I've been a Wade fan since he was at Marquette (I dated a girl in the area - I live near chicago). I thought he was the best basketball player I'd ever seen play and was ecstatic when the Heat signed him. He's proven to be nothing less than extraordinary and is a serious humble, class act. No one else like him in the game, in my opinion.

2) Kevin Garnett

I've loved this guy since day 1. The intensity he brings is simply unmatched. He's top 3 Power Forward to ever play the game and one of the greatest defensive players ever. In his prime he was the most gifted all-around player and could guard three different positions on the floor.

3) Jason Kidd

Loved him since he joined the Suns. He was my clear-cut #2 when he was younger but has since returned to Mark Cuban's Mavericks. I hate that team so... he moved to #3 behind KG who plays for Boston - a team you have to love!

DeShaun Brown
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM
That dunk over Dragic was ****ing insane... I just felt bad for him.

Here's another one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6lJTcKHxk&feature=related).

Baller1
09-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Here's another one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA6lJTcKHxk&feature=related).

Yeah, that one was pretty amazing too. But, Dragic's tops it for sure.

yanksknicksgmen
Amare
Rondo
Durant

D-Will4Prez
Deron Williams fo sho. He can do it all and is the most multi-functional player in the NBA. He is Skilled, Dynamic, Crafty, Accurate, Tough, and Powerful. He is an amazing player and puts a ton of emphasis on the team aspect of basketball.

Outside of the Jazz, Rondo and Bogut, Rondo has the most hustle I have ever seen in the NBA and is a hella sneaky bastard. Bogut is second to 1 (Dwight) as far as Centers go in the league right now, pretty much everything you could ever want from a big man and more is what Bogut brings to the table.

jackdawson
09-02-2010, 01:30 AM
D Wade because he is the best shooting guard I have seen after Jordan retired.

asandhu23
09-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Monta Ellis is my favorite player because of plays like

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkn10-z-m4

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4ChnLAx0U

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Cdf9VpK2Q

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRHBxZnL3k

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAHbNgV3ZVY

DeShaun Brown
Yeah, that one was pretty amazing too. But, Dragic's tops it for sure.

The thing that makes the one against Portland better is that it was on Oden, a 7 foot shot blocker.

bchissie
1. Kobe Bryant - My favorite player, my idol. Plays for my favorite team. The hardest worker, biggest heart, best winner, and most accomplished player in the nba. Over his career he has made the most difficult shots, one's that i thought were impossible, some of them are just unbelievable.

2. Chris Paul - Always a favorite. Followed him from day 1 at Wake Forest and knew he was gonna be a star in the NBA. Definitely my favorite non-Laker.

3. Lebron James - Lebron is just a freak of nature, very fun to watch.

SugeKnight
09-02-2010, 01:34 AM
1. Stephen Curry

2. Anthony Randolph :(
3. Brandon Jennings
4. Ron Artest
5. Ronnie Price

WVNowitzki
09-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Dirk. Because he's quiet, respectful, loyal, a joy to watch and well, I'll stop while I'm ahead.

2nd: Gerald Wallace. Dude is a beast with the same temperament.

I'm not a fan of the flash and the attention most players need. Show up, do what your paid to do and leave it on the floor.

I hate the day **** like facebook, myspace and twitter were invented.

Antipod
09-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Almost any Knick :)

Besides that, it WAS LeBron... Now, it`s Melo

BillyHoyle35
09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
D-Will, just love the way he plays, its a pleasure to watch

DeShaun Brown
09-02-2010, 02:06 AM
D-Will, just love the way he plays, its a pleasure to watch

Yeah I like him too.

Kashmir13579
09-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Andy Rautins. the only reason is because he was the man at Syracuse; i think he's got what it takes. he can shoot, dribble, steal, and pass with the best of them. pretty soon people will know his name. IMHO of course.

MELO 15
09-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Numbers mean nothing to me, its what I see on the floor, and when it came to the games they played against each other, melo took on the task of guarding durant, but they took durant off melo, because of how physical melo got with durant, he couldn't hold him, especially towards the end of the game, both times they had a different defender guarding melo, and both times melo won the game in the clutch, if we had a thread right now, on who would they want in the clutch shooting the last shoot, melo or durant anyone who knows b ball would tell u its melo, and since you're so big on numbers why don't you look at the percentages of both players in the clutch and tell me what you come up with, you won't even bother wasting your time, cause u know, don't you. I give durant the edge slightly defensively, but when it comes to having the best all around offensive game, wich means no weaknesses anywhere out on the court offensively, melo is the man, forget the numbers, numbers can be deceiving

AK-50
09-02-2010, 02:30 AM
used to be KG and T-Mac.....but KG is on Boston and getting old and T-Mac is just getting old and not beasting no more so now its Kevin Durant because he went to Texas and thats my fav ncaa team (football and bball)

slyone_nyc
09-02-2010, 03:14 AM
my favorite player is gallinari, of course im a knicks fan... i love his game, he plays with a lot of heart, passion and always wants the ball in crunch time... he embraces the pressure and wants to face the challenge of becoming a winner in N.Y. Gallo wont disappoint this season, he will open eyes...

out side of him, i love rondo's game, he's a true pg and runs his team like a general... dude is always at his best when his teams needs him the most!!! he is the reason the celtics made it to the finals, imo and i think he's a top 3 pg...

bigsams50
09-02-2010, 03:32 AM
KG. Charlotte didnt have a team for a few years, so i caught my self rooting for KG and the T'Wolves. Always loved the intensity he brought. After him is definitely Crash

Duncan = Donkey
09-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Steve Nash....just is.

Tom81
09-02-2010, 04:14 AM
nash

Bulls_fan90
09-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Derrick Rose or Joakim Noah.

mvb815
09-02-2010, 04:54 AM
outside of vince carter, kobe, anyone on the raptors the only one i should explain is: brook lopez

last season i had a bet that the nets would win at least 12 games, (made way early in the season) and when all hope was lost late in the season (for them), this guy would still come out every single night and play with so much heart. the way he would play on that team was inspirational, all 48 minutes too.

this guy is a grade A player who would make any team better, and he will be one of my favorites for a long time.

gilly
09-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Kevin Durant, great character, player, team guy. All round great guy.

Russell Westbrook, my favourite young point-guard, plays great defense and has a ever increasing game.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-02-2010, 06:00 AM
kobe bryant. ive grown old with kobe. ever since i started watching basketball kobe has always been dominant and just a guy most "love to hate" on. gotta love KB24.

outside of him and the lakers id have to go with carmelo. hes the only guy i enjoy watching outside of kobe. hes a beast.

samevans7
09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
The Durantula
and

RRRRONNNDDDDOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

stejay
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Kobe Bryant... Has been for 10 years now..

Ray_R
09-02-2010, 07:30 AM
DerrickRose_ he is a god.
Kevin DUrant Monster Skills doesnt act like a lil ***** like other SUperstars
Dwight Howard-Really cool player Love his defensive game and also doesnt act like a total douche.

farsouthside
09-02-2010, 07:40 AM
D Rose because I'm a Bulls fan and love to see a Chicago Boy do well even if I now live in Dallas

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Prolly cuz your name is Kevin

nope, complete coincidence. Minny fan forever, so KG is the greatest. Love currently. And I have had a basketball man crush on Durant since he entered the league. I left out Derek Fisher. I have always hated the Lakers, but I love Fisher for some reason.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Numbers mean nothing to me, its what I see on the floor, and when it came to the games they played against each other, melo took on the task of guarding durant, but they took durant off melo, because of how physical melo got with durant, he couldn't hold him, especially towards the end of the game, both times they had a different defender guarding melo, and both times melo won the game in the clutch, if we had a thread right now, on who would they want in the clutch shooting the last shoot, melo or durant anyone who knows b ball would tell u its melo, and since you're so big on numbers why don't you look at the percentages of both players in the clutch and tell me what you come up with, you won't even bother wasting your time, cause u know, don't you. I give durant the edge slightly defensively, but when it comes to having the best all around offensive game, wich means no weaknesses anywhere out on the court offensively, melo is the man, forget the numbers, numbers can be deceiving

no, numbers tell you everything. Durnant is superior to Melo is virtually every way. While Melo has an advantage over almost anyone on last possession shots, that doesn't necessarily mean much when trying to compare them. Shoot, a couple years ago Outlaw led the league in that percentage. Does that make him the best?
There has been plenty of Melo discussion on this board, about his game. Go read those threads if you wish to debate their games.

greek miami hea
09-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Dwyane Wade ever since i been watching the nba hes just been my favorite hes the most exciting player 2 watch

this

CowboysKB24
09-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Magic, Kobe, Fisher

BOSTON617
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
boston fan so pierce kg rondo gota be on the list

and non homer pick would be
durant
d-williams
melo

FadeAwayLikeMJ
09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Walter Ray Allen. His jumper is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Honorable mentions:

Rondo. Will be underrated until he doesn't have a "big 3"

Dwade. Pretty self explanatory why.

KG. Cause of the passion he plays with.

Jetsguy
09-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Carmelo - went to Cuse'

wtbaseball
09-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Okay people the question was who is your favorite PLAYER in the NBA not who are your favorite PLAYERS...

Kevin Durant: He is a class act and the most exciting player to watch since LBJ came in the league. Oh and he went to TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khalifa21
09-02-2010, 09:01 AM
LeBron James

llemon
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Steve Nash

magichatnumber9
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Monta. Would prob be Kobe if he wasn't so smug. I'm a Celtics fan but there is not a player on the team I really like all that much except for Delonte.

jasondrobinson
09-02-2010, 10:06 AM
1. tim duncan
2. brandon roy
3. kevin durant

all stand up players on and off the court

b_russ
09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Ronnie Brewer, not the best talent but I like what he brings to the table.

Da Knicks
09-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Knicks-will and gallo

nba-Lebron-cant deny his greatness he made the nba relavent again...

PrettyBoyJ
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Kobe.. I watched him since he's been in the league and I use to imitate his game is H.S.

sep11ie
09-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I like Delonte West because I too have herpies...;(

arosen36
09-02-2010, 11:11 AM
i like delonte west because he ****ed lebrons mom, but for real i like durant

RCarlson85
09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
My favorite all time player is Alonzo Mourning. I liked him since he came out of college because of the way he played. I have never seen someone play as hard night in and night out as Zo did.

My favorite current player is Wade. I'm a Heat fan and started liking Wade when the Heat drafted him.

fadedmario
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Kevin Durant and hopefully T-Mac if he can stay healthy

NYKNYGNYY
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
durant cus hes not ignorant and not all about the benjis

KingsPhillies
09-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Tyreke Evans. The Sacramento Kings are my favorite team, and Reke has all the makings of a superstar player and franchise savior. I love his all around game and how he never settles for jumpers (for good reason, he has a bad jumpshot).

That's not necessarily true. Was his jumper horrible last season? Yes. Yes it was. But apparently, during high school, his J was automatic. Then at Memphis, Coach Cal saw how easy it was for him to get to the rim, and thus was forced to become a layup machine. He's been working on his jump shot hardcore over the summer, and his shooting stroke looks much improved. So we may very well see Tyreke Evans taking(and making) a lot more outside shots this season. Couple that with his driving ability(pun not intended), and he's even more of a threat on offense.

So, naturally, my current favorite player is Tyreke Evans. He may very well be the catalyst that propels the Kings back into relevancy. And I simply love watching him play.

My non-homer pick would still be LeBron. Sure, it may have been classless in the way he left Cleveland. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the guy is a beast. He's still, in my opinion, the best player in the league right now.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM

:laugh2:

Numbers mean nothing? Advanced statistics have been formulated for that very reason; they do mean something, so good try.

Yeah, I've said it before, Melo is a better clutch player than Durant. That's literally the only thing that you can say he clearly has over Durant. Other than that, Durant is the superior player and my numbers prove it. If you don't like, it's because you know you just got proved wrong.

And no weaknesses? Please explain Durant's weakness on offense. Oh, unless you're talking about Durant's inside game. Where he managed to accumulate 10 free throws a game and make them at a much higher clip. Or is it his midrange jumper? That's gotta be it... Oh, except he has a higher field goal percentage then Melo. Then I guess it has to be 3PT shooting that Melo has him in... Nevermind, Durant has him there too.

Here you go, if you want it broken down for you so it's easier for you to comprehend. Durant has higher effective field goal percentage from jump shots, close range shots, inside game, and even dunking the ball.

Kevin Durant's Stats (http://www.82games.com/0910/09OKC10.HTM)
Carmelo Anthony's Stats (http://www.82games.com/0910/09DEN7.HTM)

Stop trying, you have absolutely no chance of winning this argument.

king4day
09-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Steve Nash. He's given the Suns, arguably, the best decade in their history.

Swashcuff
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Allen Iverson!

smith&wesson
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
bargnani

KnicksorBust
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Danilo Gallinari. The second he got picked by the Knicks and he got booed he was interviewed the next week on the radio and said "Sometimes they not always gonna clap the hands for you." He said he likes the pressure and it builds winners. I've liked him ever since that day and I can't wait for his breakout season this year.

Jarvo
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Allen "The Answer" Iverson. But since he hasnt signed yet Dwade bcuz ifollowed him (no stalker) thru college & thinkin damn he's THAT! good and sure nuff he is. And Tim Duncan bcuz he's coming from my team the spurs and he's just not your typical star, he's not into the limelight amd doenst act like a pre-madonna, he goes on the court and give it his all.

levignjw
09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Durant for sure. One of the few humble players in the game.

mikealike305
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Wade for sure

sep11ie
09-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Allen "The Answer" Iverson. But since he hasnt signed yet Dwade bcuz ifollowed him (no stalker) thru college & thinkin damn he's THAT! good and sure nuff he is. And Tim Duncan bcuz he's coming from my team the spurs and he's just not your typical star, he's not into the limelight amd doenst act like a pre-madonna, he goes on the court and give it his all.

You know that word doesn't stand for "being before Madonna" right?

Klivlend
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Kobe.. I watched him since he's been in the league and I use to imitate his game is H.S.

Wow. Unless you played H.S. ball last year, you must have driven your coach crazy forcing shots up out of double teams and everything else that goes along with that

saintl2510
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
kobe bryant becuase he proved he could do it without shaq leading his team to 3 finals appearances and 2 championships in the last three seasons

danilo is one of the most underated player of his draft class and i think hes going to be the knicks second leading scorer behind amare this season

drama1386
09-02-2010, 01:19 PM
bucks: jennings & bogut
NBA: kobe bryant & allen iverson

monty77
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Tim Duncan.

WVNowitzki
09-02-2010, 01:30 PM
D-League ego, does that mean he acts like a rookie because he seemingly has never fouled anyone in his entire NBA career, because most young guys have that attitude too?

cbow
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
My sig is self-explanatory.

DWIGHT HOWARD!!! How can you not love this guy!?! He has got so much heart and class, D12, Kevin Durant, Dwayne Wade, Rondo, and Amare give it all they got every night and stay humble at the same time. especially Howard, Durant, and Wade.

USMCLaker
09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Artest-Tough, crazy and plays with heart

Durant-Most efficient player in the league
Westbrook-Talented and fun to watch
Kobe-Obvious reasons
Aaron Brooks-Underrated
Josh Smith-Love his blocks and dunks
David Lee-Like his fundamentals
Dwayne Wade-Fun as hell to watch
Rondo-Not really a favorite player but you gotta love his heart

and even though he is not in the league yet I like Ricky Rubio he is fun to watch

slapnutz69
09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
kobe bryant becuase he proved he could do it without shaq leading his team to 3 finals appearances and 2 championships in the last three seasons

kobe has also proven he CAN'T do it without 2 dominant big men

d-baller23
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
SuperMan Dwight Howard, the best big man in the game today!

BALLER71
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Lebron and Jason Williams.

goblazers7
09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm a big fan of Dikembe Mutombo. Hence my XBL gamertag- TFWL Mutombo.

Cano4prez
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Currently, Udonis Haslem or Dwayne Wade

ZooYork786
09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
T-MAC! i dont care if he's not who he used to be, dude's still a legend!

ZooYork786
09-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Currently, Udonis Haslem or Dwayne Wade

Udone???

Cano4prez
09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Udone???

Was that supposed to be funny?

CLASSOF72
09-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Wow. Unless you played H.S. ball last year, you must have driven your coach crazy forcing shots up out of double teams and everything else that goes along with that

Yea like 60,70 and 80 point games, ferocious dunks and all that stuf.

Da Knicks
09-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Yea like 60,70 and 80 point games, ferocious dunks and all that stuf.

nba2k?:eyebrow:

KTheo77
09-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Dwyane Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-iyUpaw4g

Steelers23_06
09-02-2010, 07:00 PM
lebron has been since i was in 7th grade aka when he was a senior in hs i was young and just liked the name honestly and the more i watched him the more i liked him. he's the best and has been always praised since he was a junior and still stays so humble and likes to have fun. honestly i have a sports room with his fathead, a rookie picture a pic of him on the heat and a bunch of steelers. so idc if poeple get mad that i switched teams thats a hit im willing to take to follow my favorite player

DeyAce
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
My Top 5

1. DRose
2. KD
3. Gerald Wallace
4. Steve Nash
5. Raja Bell

PLAYERS FAN
09-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Sorry But my favorite player ATM is Cappie Pondexter of the New York Liberty.

Cappie is my favorite WNBA player too. I think she better than Diana Taurasi.;)

WadeKobe
09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Artest-Tough, crazy and plays with heart

Durant-Most efficient player in the league
Westbrook-Talented and fun to watch
Kobe-Obvious reasons
Aaron Brooks-Underrated
Josh Smith-Love his blocks and dunks
David Lee-Like his fundamentals
Dwayne Wade-Fun as hell to watch
Rondo-Not really a favorite player but you gotta love his heart

and even though he is not in the league yet I like Ricky Rubio he is fun to watch

Haha, most efficient? You mean like... highest PER? No... I'm sorry. That crown goes to LeBron James with a very close second in Dwyane Wade....

USMCLaker
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Haha, most efficient? You mean like... highest PER? No... I'm sorry. That crown goes to LeBron James with a very close second in Dwyane Wade....

Ya, Lebron is so effecient that he can't even make it out of the East with 2 60+ win seasons. Durant is only 21 and will end his career with better numbers than LeQuitter.

Also where was mr effecient in the Olympics when it took a combined effort of Wade and Kobe to get the gold for Team USA.

Only thing that matters is titles. But don't worry maybe Wade will help LBJ get his first title to add to Wade's second.

Evolution23
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Melo cause hes a G

goose15
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Gallinari... my favorite player on my favorite team

best shooter in the league

dwilly4rilly
09-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I gotta go with my man D-Will. He plays the game right. Makes everyone else better, and competes till the whistle. Is always mad when he loses (some players don't seem to give a $#it) and doesn't make excuses. He's humble, but still thinks he can beat anyone. He is the most exciting player to ever wear a Jazz uni.
I also love Steve Nash's game. One of the most crafty players ever. He's not that fast now, but he still gets wherever he wants on the court. Probably has the best court vision in NBA history.

Avenged
09-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Ya, Lebron is so effecient that he can't even make it out of the East with 2 60+ win seasons. Durant is only 21 and will end his career with better numbers than LeQuitter.

Also where was mr effecient in the Olympics when it took a combined effort of Wade and Kobe to get the gold for Team USA.

Only thing that matters is titles. But don't worry maybe Wade will help LBJ get his first title to add to Wade's second.

Lebron is the most efficient player in the league at 31.19, Wade is second at 28.10, and Durant is 3rd at 26.23

But just by looking at your examples, I think you meant efficient in other meaning.

krest213
09-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Tim Duncan.

x2

REALLYYYYY?
09-03-2010, 01:16 AM
keith bogans because of this nifty pic of him with the blue man group plus he just is the greatest of all time

Tony_Starks
09-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Kobe is the best to ever do it point blank period.

But getting down to ordinary mortal players I would have to roll with Brandon Roy. He doesn't really get a lot of love but that dude right there is one of the best in the game and could possibly make a couple of MVP runs, health permitting.

Close second is that dude Brandon Jennings. He got next.

Korman12
09-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Deron Williams and Manu have been my favorite two players for some time now. Deron, because he fits the prototypical mold of a modern pass-first point guard, and really doesn't have any obvious flaws to his game.

And Manu (aside from the flopping) because he may be the most unconventional offensive player in the league. Even Shane Battier acknowledged that he's the hardest person he's ever had to defend, just because he really has no solitary asset to his repertoire that a defender can isolate.

mbarajas138
09-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Lebron James because he is the KING

:facepalm:A king without rings, is no king.

Ollie Tabooger
09-03-2010, 01:52 AM
lebron has been since i was in 7th grade aka when he was a senior in hs i was young and just liked the name honestly and the more i watched him the more i liked him. he's the best and has been always praised since he was a junior and still stays so humble and likes to have fun. honestly i have a sports room with his fathead, a rookie picture a pic of him on the heat and a bunch of steelers. so idc if poeple get mad that i switched teams thats a hit im willing to take to follow my favorite player

:laugh:

xILLN355
09-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Javal McGee

Covert
09-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Stephen Curry because I try to model my game after him.

Steelers23_06
09-03-2010, 08:16 AM
:laugh:

how is he not humble? please explain yourself.its not like you catch him like a.i. talking about practice, he doesnt fight with refs i have personally seen a ref give him a foul on multiple occasions, he got both the all-star team (which kobe did for his team as well) and his cavs team beats by dre personalized headphones, everytime he has won the mvp trophy the 1st thing he did was thank his teammates. you dont understand how hard it is to be humble when you are the best basketball player on the planet especially when just 6 months everyone was saying how he was a great and how any team will be lucky to have him and now he is "Robin" and has HOF'ers disrespecting him saying that they wouldnt have done what he did when in actuality no player has had the chance to do what he has done. This is hands down the best free agent class of all time and noone has had friends like these guys have been. Because i know if i was him i would handle things wayyyy different especially when i know that i am the best out. so please explain how hw isnt humble for being who he is and you would handle being the best better than he has?

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 08:24 AM

Lebron took the Cavs to the Finals with Big Z as the 2nd best player on the team. Im sure Durant couldnt do that, and you cant use age as a factor because Lebron was 22. Durant will not have better numbers than Lebron because Lebron is 25 and already has over 15000 career points........ The Cavs only won 60+ games because of Lebron. 2009 Lebron had 20.3 Win Shares, and in 2010, Lebron had 18.5 Win Shares. You do relize that Lebron averaged more points, rebounds, assits, blocks, steals, much higher FG%, higher FT% than Kobe did. Lebron contributed more to the Olympics team than Kobe did....... Accually think before you post dont just show youre hate for Lebron and your ignorance :facepalm:

phillychi009
09-03-2010, 08:31 AM
D Fisher, he's not the best out there but he is just the dude that will give everything he got every day and every game.

Steelers23_06
09-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Lebron took the Cavs to the Finals with Big Z as the 2nd best player on the team. Im sure Durant couldnt do that, and you cant use age as a factor because Lebron was 22. Durant will not have better numbers than Lebron because Lebron is 25 and already has over 15000 career points........ The Cavs only won 60+ games because of Lebron. 2009 Lebron had 20.3 Win Shares, and in 2010, Lebron had 18.5 Win Shares. You do relize that Lebron averaged more points, rebounds, assits, blocks, steals, much higher FG%, higher FT% than Kobe did. Lebron contributed more to the Olympics team than Kobe did....... Accually think before you post dont just show youre hate for Lebron and your ignorance :facepalm:

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 08:41 AM
also you do relize in the Playoffs Durant had a PER, TS%, and eFG% of 16.6, 499%, and 390% respectively, while Lebron had a PER, TS%, and eFG% of 28.6, 607%, and 550% respectively. And dont use it was Durant'sfirst playoffs because Lebron's first playoffs his PER, TS%, and eFG% was 23.2, 557%, and 510% respectivley. In Lebrons first playoffs he also averaged a higher Assist%, Steal%, higher ORtg, higher DRtg, and more Win Shares than Durant. Youre lack of knowledge and lack of checking stats is obvious now. It wasnt Lebrons fault he never won the title, it was his lack of help, and now that he has help you all act like he is a quitter. :facepalm:

p.s. The word you are looking for would be "owned"

mnvikings28
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
steve nash - team leader, unselfish, etc.

C-Dub
09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
bet nobody can guess mine lol

Voodoo Alchemy
09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
kevin durant. cause he's one bad motha focker.

Brooklyn Mets
09-03-2010, 11:26 AM
on my team i gotta pick Gallo.. he plays with a lot of heart.. i gotta respect that..

not on my team i gotta go with Durant.. dude is a beast..

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Again I'm talking about winning when it matters. Regardless of all those numbers you threw out there Lebron was nowhere to be found when it mattered most in the gold medal game and in getting out of the East.

He has no titles to his name (Or should I say brand) and what does this have to do with Kobe. As far as your hating him comment I don't, I really don't care one way or the other about him.

yanks19791024
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
^ look above my fav player

Ron Ron- I just love the way he plays

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
also you do relize in the Playoffs Durant had a PER, TS%, and eFG% of 16.6, 499%, and 390% respectively, while Lebron had a PER, TS%, and eFG% of 28.6, 607%, and 550% respectively. And dont use it was Durant'sfirst playoffs because Lebron's first playoffs his PER, TS%, and eFG% was 23.2, 557%, and 510% respectivley. In Lebrons first playoffs he also averaged a higher Assist%, Steal%, higher ORtg, higher DRtg, and more Win Shares than Durant. Youre lack of knowledge and lack of checking stats is obvious now. It wasnt Lebrons fault he never won the title, it was his lack of help, and now that he has help you all act like he is a quitter. :facepalm:

What are you twelve? Gawd, I hope not. I would hate to think that I'm wasting my time talking to some ill-mannered kid that just likes to say "you got owned" and fart all day.

I called him a quitter because it looked like he quit not only to me but to many people even outside of Cleveland. I wanted to see him stay with Cleveland and make it to the finals to hopefully go against the Lakers but he couldn't make it happen. Durant gave us a hell of a series better than anyone else out of the West and that is what I meant about him being effecient, making the most of his post season appearance.

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM

What are you twelve? Gawd, I hope not. I would hate to think that I'm wasting my time talking to some ill-mannered kid that just likes to say "you got owned" and fart all day.

I called him a quitter because it looked like he quit not only to me but to many people even outside of Cleveland. I wanted to see him stay with Cleveland and make it to the finals to hopefully go against the Lakers but he couldn't make it happen. Durant gave us a hell of a series better than anyone else out of the West and that is what I meant about him being effecient, making the most of his post season appearance.

This is pure ignorance, though. No one. NO ONE has EVER made it "out of the East" (or west for that matter) without help.

He wasn't going to "stay in Cleveland and get to the finals against Kobe." His team SUCKED. It had to compete with Boston and Orlando and that just was not going to happen.

Kobe couldn't "get out of the West" without Shaq or Gasol.

It is a TEAM sport. I'm sick of this individual ********. We created a myth about Michael Jordan winning everything by himself (even though he had arguably the best or second best supporting cast ANY player has EVER had). We then hold all other stars to this standard and pretend that the ones we like (Kobe) accomplished this feat also.

It's pure fantasy. It's entertaining and cute... but it's not reality.

spreadeagle
09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Durant fun to watch
Kobe the closest person ive seen be as good as MJ
Bargnani,Derozen homer picks

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Wade is my favorite, ive been watching the NBA since 2002, but ever since I saw Wade for the first time, I was in love with the NBA. He has made the NBA sooooo fun to watch.

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Again I'm talking about winning when it matters. Regardless of all those numbers you threw out there Lebron was nowhere to be found when it mattered most in the gold medal game and in getting out of the East.

He has no titles to his name (Or should I say brand) and what does this have to do with Kobe. As far as your hating him comment I don't, I really don't care one way or the other about him.

you brought up Kobe, saying it was him and Wade, well no it was Wade and Lebron that got USA the gold. Winning when it matters? Instead of questioning Lebron question Mike Brown and the Cleveland Cavaliers team other than Lebron. Lebron had a triple double in his last playoff game. Lebron averaged 26.8 points, 7.1 assists, and 9.3 rebounds against the Celtics, and thats not winning when it counts? Where was everybody else? You cant win if you are the only player on your team that does anything........ and Lebron James had 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block while shooting 6-9 from the field in the Gold Medal Game in the Olympics yea he didnt show up :rolleyes:

Again with the no titles to his name, its not his fault hes done the work, but winning is a team thing and you cant be the only one doing anything....

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Durant gave us a hell of a series better than anyone else out of the West and that is what I meant about him being effecient, making the most of his post season appearance.

No, Durrant did not "g[i]ve us a hell of a series better than anyone else out of the West" nor did he "mak[e] the most of his post season appearance."

The Thunder as a team played very well and gave us a hell of a series, but Durant, on the other hand, did not.

PER/TS%/eFG%/TOV%/OWS

Regular season:

26.2/ .607/ .514/ 11.7/ 11.1

Postseason:

16.6/ .499/ .390/ 12.8/ -0.1

Made the best of his playoff opportunity? Hell of a series?

Just doesn't match the evidence. Sorry.

llemon
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
:facepalm:A king without rings, is no king.

A king wears a crown. The Pope wears a ring

JWO35
09-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Detroit Pistons: Rodney Stuckey
NBA: Dwight Howard

J_M_B
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Dwyane Wade, outside of the Heat, Rajon Rondo and Tracy McGrady.

Oh and Chauncey Bilups.

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM

wow..... Lebron did show up in the playoffs, every year. His career average in the playoffs. PER 27.1, TS% 561 eFG% 494 Total Rebound% 11.7 Assist% 36.4 Steal% 2.1 Block% 1.8 ORtg 114 DRtg 101 and his Win Shares total in the playoffs are 14.7. That was his career in the playoffs. That is very good, and its not his fault he never won, it was Clevelands. Lebron didnt owe his life to Cleveland just because he lived near Cleveland.......... You keep saying that Lebron doesnt show up in the playoffs and every time you say that, you just show how ignorant you are........

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
No, Durrant did not "g[i]ve us a hell of a series better than anyone else out of the West" nor did he "mak[e] the most of his post season appearance."

The Thunder as a team played very well and gave us a hell of a series, but Durant, on the other hand, did not.

PER/TS%/eFG%/TOV%/OWS

Regular season:

26.2/ .607/ .514/ 11.7/ 11.1

Postseason:

16.6/ .499/ .390/ 12.8/ -0.1

Made the best of his playoff opportunity? Hell of a series?

Just doesn't match the evidence. Sorry.

I know, he just gives his ignorant oppinion without looking up anything :facepalm:

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14777923]

wow..... Lebron did show up in the playoffs, every year. His career average in the playoffs. PER 27.1, TS% 561 eFG% 494 Total Rebound% 11.7 Assist% 36.4 Steal% 2.1 Block% 1.8 ORtg 114 DRtg 101 and his Win Shares total in the playoffs are 14.7. That was his career in the playoffs. That is very good, and its not his fault he never won, it was Clevelands. Lebron didnt owe his life to Cleveland just because he lived near Cleveland.......... You keep saying that Lebron doesnt show up in the playoffs and every time you say that, you just show how ignorant you are........

You can quote all the stats you want there is only one that matters and that's titles. Lebron's total =0, that's the only stat that matters to me.

Of course he doesn't owe anything to Cleveland and I'm glad he is in Miami now it makes for interesting drama this year so what's your is point about all that?

As far as Lebron not showing up in the playoffs am I saying that he has never shown up? No! I'm saying that he did not show up for his 60+ win team when it mattered the most in close out games. You keep saying I'm ignorant however you fail to address the fact that everyone was saying that he quit on his team after the Boston series was over, I guess the many NBA analyst are ignorant too and only you are wise.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 06:07 PM
you brought up Kobe, saying it was him and Wade, well no it was Wade and Lebron that got USA the gold. Winning when it matters? Instead of questioning Lebron question Mike Brown and the Cleveland Cavaliers team other than Lebron. Lebron had a triple double in his last playoff game. Lebron averaged 26.8 points, 7.1 assists, and 9.3 rebounds against the Celtics, and thats not winning when it counts? Where was everybody else? You cant win if you are the only player on your team that does anything........ and Lebron James had 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block while shooting 6-9 from the field in the Gold Medal Game in the Olympics yea he didnt show up :rolleyes:

Again with the no titles to his name, its not his fault hes done the work, but winning is a team thing and you cant be the only one doing anything....

Those numbers are hardly superstar star numbers and it's funny that you even point them out. In the gold medal game there was a stretch when the game could have gone either way and that is when both Wade and Kobe took over to seal the win not Lebron again when it mattered the most I'm getting tired of pointing that out to you.

llemon
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=TylerSL;14780418]I guess the many NBA analyst are ignorant too

Many NBA analysts are shilling tools for the league.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I know, he just gives his ignorant oppinion without looking up anything :facepalm:

First, it's funny how you call people ignorant like a little kid but you can't even spell opinion right.

Second, if you really understood what an opinion was than why I would need to look anything up?

Third, you and Wade<Kobe really need to understand that this is a thread about "Who is your favorite player" and not try to pick a fight with your little keyboard and safe LCD monitor instead just enjoy the thread and save your angst for more important things.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=llemon;14781054]

Many NBA analysts are shilling tools for the league.

I agree that some can be but not all of them. Barkley tells like it is and so does Jalen Rose, CWebb, the Jet and many other analyst.

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
First, it's funny how you call people ignorant like a little kid but you can't even spell opinion right.

Second, if you really understood what an opinion was than why I would need to look anything up?

Third, you and Wade<Kobe really need to understand that this is a thread about "Who is your favorite player" and not try to pick a fight with your little keyboard and safe LCD monitor instead just enjoy the thread and save your angst for more important things.

All I'm saying is that you can't praise a guy with false statements! Why would that be acceptable in any grown-up conversation?

Also, you can't say that championships are the only stat that matters for an individual in a team sport. Again, why would that be acceptable in any grown-up conversation?

I have shown no "angst" at all. I've simply tried to draw out and point out false statements which are unhelpful to the conversation?

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=TylerSL;14780418]

You can quote all the stats you want there is only one that matters and that's titles. Lebron's total =0, that's the only stat that matters to me.

Of course he doesn't owe anything to Cleveland and I'm glad he is in Miami now it makes for interesting drama this year so what's your is point about all that?

As far as Lebron not showing up in the playoffs am I saying that he has never shown up? No! I'm saying that he did not show up for his 60+ win team when it mattered the most in close out games. You keep saying I'm ignorant however you fail to address the fact that everyone was saying that he quit on his team after the Boston series was over, I guess the many NBA analyst are ignorant too and only you are wise.

AGAIN!

27 points, 19 Rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 block... in 46 minutes. But he quit, right?

That is his stat-line in game 6.

I just don't like it when people say things that are demonstrably false. It is really, really unhelpful to any type of meaningful adult conversation.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 06:41 PM
All I'm saying is that you can't praise a guy with false statements! Why would that be acceptable in any grown-up conversation?

Also, you can't say that championships are the only stat that matters for an individual in a team sport. Again, why would that be acceptable in any grown-up conversation?

I have shown no "angst" at all. I've simply tried to draw out and point out false statements which are unhelpful to the conversation?

Again, this thread is about your favorite player in the NBA which is opinion based; when I said most effecient for me that meant something other than his PER so there was no need for anyone to clarify my thoughts.

I never said that championships are the only stat that matters; I said that it is the only stat that matters to me (And I stand by that). Other people are entitled to feel differently.

There's nothing wrong with stating your thoughts however, TylerSL seems incapable of stating his thoughts without following it up with a childlike statement. If he is just a kid than it's understandable however, I don't think that's the case but maybe I'm wrong.

RazNYC
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
knicks gallo
NBA and Ever KOBE 24 (8)

Shady66
09-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I love all the Suns players equally :)

except Hedo because hes a douche.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I love all the Suns players equally :)

except Hedo because hes a douche.

I like that dude on your team that spanked Sasha in the WCF that was fun to watch.

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 07:16 PM
These are genuine questions that I'd be interested in your answer to.

Again, this thread is about your favorite player in the NBA which is opinion based; when I said most effecient for me that meant something other than his PER so there was no need for anyone to clarify my thoughts.

That's fine. Then I guess my question would be (if you don't mind my asking it), "what is the criteria you use to determine efficiency, or 'making the most' ?"

I never said that championships are the only stat that matters; I said that it is the only stat that matters to me (And I stand by that). Other people are entitled to feel differently.

Again, my question would be, how do you justify that in the face of poor supporting casts and good supporting casts? What do you expect of players who do not have good teams around them having to play good teams in a team sport?

There's nothing wrong with stating your thoughts however, TylerSL seems incapable of stating his thoughts without following it up with a childlike statement. If he is just a kid than it's understandable however, I don't think that's the case but maybe I'm wrong.

Then why did you include me in your "need to save your angst..."?

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 07:25 PM
These are genuine questions that I'd be interested in your answer to.

That's fine. Then I guess my question would be (if you don't mind my asking it), "what is the criteria you use to determine efficiency, or 'making the most' ?"

Again, my question would be, how do you justify that in the face of poor supporting casts and good supporting casts? What do you expect of players who do not have good teams around them having to play good teams in a team sport?

Then why did you include me in your "need to save your angst..."?

You know what I'll send you my responses via private message since again this thread is not about me, it's a general thread for others to comment and their favorite player and I rather not take up all this bandwidth because last I checked this isn't USMCLaker Day.

Shady66
09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I like that dude on your team that spanked Sasha in the WCF that was fun to watch.

I like him too :)

WadeKobe
09-03-2010, 07:32 PM
You know what I'll send you my responses via private message since again this thread is not about me, it's a general thread for others to comment and their favorite player and I rather not take up all this bandwidth because last I checked this isn't USMCLaker Day.

Fair enough.

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I like him too :)

Any thought of trading him for Sasha? Hey just think of the salary relief you can get, right. ;)

09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Noah or Rose because I'm a Bulls fan. Noah is as close to watching Rodman play as I've seen as far as his energy and overall weirdness. He also plays very hard and has brought a winning attitude to the Bulls. He should be a captain next season.

Rose because he's all about winning. He really seems to not care about stats as long as the team wins.

Outside of the Bulls, I like Kobe and Durant because like Rose they are all about basketball. It seems like a lot of the stars in the league want to always do something else to be cool..whether it's rapping, hanging with celebs, trying to be a player-GM whatever. All that stuff is fine, but Kobe's got that extra focus, and I think Durant and Rose have that in them too.

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=TylerSL;14780418]

wow..... Im calling you ignorant because I keep having to post the same thing and youre still not understanding.... you continue to say that Lebron doesnt show up when it matters, ive shown you the stats that he has, in Game 6 against Boston he had a triple double and thats not winning win it counts? I know the team didnt win but I am telling you its not his fault and I have shown the facts. You act like its Lebrons fault the Cavs lost, well its not his fault its everybody elses. And to the people that say he quit have no evidence of that. He did very good in the playoffs and no other Cavalier did anything. Its frustrating that I have to post the same thing to you I think this is 4 times now.......

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Those numbers are hardly superstar star numbers and it's funny that you even point them out. In the gold medal game there was a stretch when the game could have gone either way and that is when both Wade and Kobe took over to seal the win not Lebron again when it mattered the most I'm getting tired of pointing that out to you.

first of all, you havent pointed anything out to me other than your oppinion. Secondly its the Olympics, you are not going to have as good of numbers you do in the NBA with a team with Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Melo, CP3, Howard, D-Will, Kidd, ect. All you say is Lebron didnt show up when it mattered the most, and Ive constantly proved to you that he did, just because you think he didnt show up doesnt mean he didnt.....

p.s. I didnt "pick a fight" with you like you said I did, but when you point out obvious false statements such as Lebron quit, and Durant will have better career numbers than Lebron, then I am going to call you out on it.

unleashthebeast
09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
rondo and westbrook outside of heat guys. i love the crazy athletic pgs for some reason

llemon
09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=llemon;14781105]

I agree that some can be but not all of them. Barkley tells like it is and so does Jalen Rose, CWebb, the Jet and many other analyst.

I can't really listen to those guys because I think they are just full of crap and shills for the league, and Barkley is probably the biggest ******* on all of TV.

TylerSL
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14781212]

I can't really listen to those guys because I think they are just full of crap and shills for the league, and Barkley is probably the biggest ******* on all of TV.

Barkley is an idiot, and most NBA analysts are........

llemon
09-03-2010, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14781054]

wow..... Im calling you ignorant because I keep having to post the same thing and youre still not understanding.... you continue to say that Lebron doesnt show up when it matters, ive shown you the stats that he has, in Game 6 against Boston he had a triple double and thats not winning win it counts? I know the team didnt win but I am telling you its not his fault and I have shown the facts. You act like its Lebrons fault the Cavs lost, well its not his fault its everybody elses. And to the people that say he quit have no evidence of that. He did very good in the playoffs and no other Cavalier did anything. Its frustrating that I have to post the same thing to you I think this is 4 times now.......

Wow, you like Lebron. And you are not showing facts, you are showing stats. There is a difference.

pebloemer
09-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Curry, Pau, Horford, Westbrook, DeRozan, Duncan, Dwight, Kobe

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 11:51 PM

You don't have to point anything out. I find it interesting that you are so captivated with my original posting that you have had to go on for pages for something so insignificant. Your entitled to your Lebron love that we both don't share. Can we move on now?

USMCLaker
09-03-2010, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=llemon;14783157]

Barkley is an idiot, and most NBA analysts are........

Barkley is wrong at times and sometimes he's right whatever the case he is always entertaining. Also, he does know basketball and calling him an idiot I think is a little farfetched don't you think?

llemon
09-03-2010, 11:59 PM

AGAIN!

27 points, 19 Rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 block... in 46 minutes. But he quit, right?

That is his stat-line in game 6.

I just don't like it when people say things that are demonstrably false. It is really, really unhelpful to any type of meaningful adult conversation.

No mention of the poor shooting and the 9 TOs?

llemon
09-04-2010, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=TylerSL;14783186]

Barkley is wrong at times and sometimes he's right whatever the case he is always entertaining. Also, he does know basketball and calling him an idiot I think is a little farfetched don't you think?

No. I was entertained the first 2 months he was on the air, and after that his act grew old, and I found him to be a clown that doesn't know much about NBA basketball.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14783862]

No. I was entertained the first 2 months he was on the air, and after that his act grew old, and I found him to be a clown that doesn't know much about NBA basketball.

llemon, don't you think your being a little harsh I mean he is a Hall of Famer?

llemon
09-04-2010, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14783894]

llemon, don't you think your being a little harsh I mean he is a Hall of Famer?

He didn't get into the HOF for being smart.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14783917]

He didn't get into the HOF for being smart.

Nobody did, that's my point he must have done something right.

Meriweather31
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Rajon Rondo: His style of play just speaks to me for some reason. His defensive play is duplicated by few in the NBA.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Rajon Rondo: His style of play just speaks to me for some reason. His defensive play is duplicated by few in the NBA.

He is the enemy but I can't deny he is very impressive and I love his never say die attitude.

llemon
09-04-2010, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=llemon;14783928]

Nobody did, that's my point he must have done something right.

Yes, he was a great basketball player. As an NBA analyst, he's a clown.

Now, he might make the Clowns HOF.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=USMCLaker;14783940]

Yes, he was a great basketball player. As an NBA analyst, he's a clown.

Now, he might make the Clowns HOF.

I don't know anyone who has hated on the Lakers more than Barkley other than Hollinger but I still like him he's funny as hell.

Do they have a Clown HOF?

Shady66
09-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Any thought of trading him for Sasha? Hey just think of the salary relief you can get, right. ;)

That doesnt seem fair, we get FAR too much for what we give. I insist we also include lopez in the deal.

knicks=love
09-04-2010, 12:14 AM
i like a lot of the point guards. i play basketball so when i watch basketball i tend to watch them most of the time. my favorite player is nate robinson. always has been since my team drafted him. and now he's on the celtics :facepalm: but i still love him. if we're going all time, i'm going with jordan. again, i've always liked him since i was born, literally. i share the same birthday with him so why not?

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:14 AM
That doesnt seem fair, we get FAR too much for what we give. I insist we also include lopez in the deal.

Hahahaha!!! Nice.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
i like a lot of the point guards. i play basketball so when i watch basketball i tend to watch them most of the time. my favorite player is nate robinson. always has been since my team drafted him. and now he's on the celtics :facepalm: but i still love him. if we're going all time, i'm going with jordan. again, i've always liked him since i was born, literally. i share the same birthday with him so why not?

Ya, I loved Nate as a Knick; as a Celtic not so much.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:17 AM

You know you could throw Steve Nash in and that just might sweetin the pot enough to get the deal done.

Shady66
09-04-2010, 12:18 AM
You know you could throw Steve Nash in and that just might sweetin the pot enough to get the deal done.

I dunno... the salaries need to match... maybe include Adam Morrison to make it more even?

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I dunno... the salaries need to match... maybe include Adam Morrison to make it more even?

Okay now your just being mean.

Shady66
09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Okay now your just being mean.

Well im being a homer and i just want the most out of the trade

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Well im being a homer and i just want the most out of the trade

Did you guys really sign Morrison this off-season?

Shady66
09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
nope :(

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:24 AM

I'd like to see what he does with adequate playing time in the right system.

NetsPaint
09-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Favorite current player is Iverson. Love his fearlessness in attacking the rim, ball handling, everything.

USMCLaker
09-04-2010, 12:27 AM

So you admit that you were trying to stiff me on a bogus trade that should be worth at least a temporary ban.

I should have included Goran Dragic on my list he is fun to watch. I can't believe he single handedly got the Suns back in that game that was classic.

icej
09-04-2010, 05:00 AM
My favorite is already retired like me, but he top's all that has been said in this thread IMO -- I watched NBA because of him, now I watch the NBA with no favorite, watching with a deep nostalgia hoping to see another that could replace him or carry the NBA like he did. But sadly, NO one is even close IMO. I Just love the game.

tredigs
09-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Curry, Durant and Kobe. For different reasons, I love what those three bring to the game more than any other player out there right now.