PDA

View Full Version : Monty Williams: Chris Paul never asked to be traded

Swashcuff
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2010-08/coach-on-cp3

Hornets coach Monty Williams says that All-Star point guard Chris Paul never asked the team for a trade.

New Orleans named Williams their new head coach in early July and soon after Paul rumors begin to kick up.

"You can say it has settled down now, but it was settled before that," Williams told Sporting News.

"For me, it was never an issue. Chris never said anything about a trade. He never asked for a trade. He wants us to be a better team, but we all want that and Dell [Demps] and I are going to do all that we can to make it a better team. We're going to make this a better team with Chris here."

PC
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
So the media blew things out of proportion again???:speechless:

LTBaByyy
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
So they just wanted to trade collison all along? Yeah right Monty

Swashcuff
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM

Pretty much, I mean there were all kind of trade scenarios flying around and now we hear this. I'm not to sure if he's telling the truth but hey I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
why was this a topic to begin with? You can't demand a trade and be taken seriously when you have two years left...

stejay
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Always knew Chris Paul aint that kinda guy. I dont think he would do that to New Orleans, but if it comes to it, I think he may need a trade out of there. He is too good to go down with the once promising ship,also known as the New Orleans Hornets

beasted86
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
why was this a topic to begin with? You can't demand a trade and be taken seriously when you have two years left...

That doesn't apply at all.. there are a ton of guys who have done that.

Just off the top of my head: VC- 3yrs, Kobe- 3yrs, S.Jax- 3yrs, Harrington-2yrs

If guys want to demand a trade, they will demand a trade. I don't think Chris Paul did though. He was/is upset with the pace of the team building around him and wanted that to be known, but he doesn't want to taint his image by demanding a trade yet.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
That doesn't apply at all.. there are a ton of guys who have done that.

Just off the top of my head: VC- 3yrs, Kobe- 3yrs, S.Jax- 3yrs, Harrington-2yrs

If guys want to demand a trade, they will demand a trade. I don't think Chris Paul did though. He was/is upset with the pace of the team building around him and wanted that to be known, but he doesn't want to taint his image by demanding a trade yet.

let me rephrase- a player holds no leverage imo, by demanding a trade with 2 years left on their deal. The team can choose to do it or not. The player can't threaten them in the least. And you listed whiners. Paul has never been this

netsgiantsyanks
09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
cp3 isnt that type of person, i can tell

pistonsfanomg
09-01-2010, 10:06 PM

lol ESPN always throw things out of proportion.

Nothing new here.