PDA

View Full Version : What do Nash, Barkley, Malone, Nowitzki, Iverson and Lebron have in common?

silvio
09-01-2010, 03:34 PM
What do Steve Nash, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson and Lebron James have in common?

They are the only players to win a regular season MVP award and to not win a championship in their career (Barkley, Malone) or yet in their career (Nowitzki, Nash, Iverson, Lebron).

Charles Barkley and Karl Malone couldn't mostly because of Michael Jordan.
Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson and Lebron James mostly because of Kobe Bryant.

llemon
09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
What do Steve Nash, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson and Lebron James have in common?

They are the only players to win a regular season MVP award and to not win a championship in their career (Barkley, Malone) or yet in their career (Nowitzki, Nash, Iverson, Lebron).

Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson and Lebron James mostly because of Kobe Bryant.

Nash (two time winner) the only one not to make it to the Finals

Baller1
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
That was an easy question, I knew the answer the second I read it.

Vidball
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Terrible thread. The Mavs haven't faced Kobe in the playoffs, Nash only lost to L.A. once, AI wouldn't have won in 2001 no matter who came out of the West, and LeBron has never played Kobe in the playoffs.

PrettyBoyJ
09-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Terrible thread. The Mavs haven't faced Kobe in the playoffs, Nash only lost to L.A. once, AI wouldn't have won in 2001 no matter who came out of the West, and LeBron has never played Kobe in the playoffs.

what he said

still1ballin
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok?

Public Enemy #1
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Yup :clap:

kswissdaf
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Ya something lebron has two things that none of those guys have...youth and you guys no what else

stejay
delete

stejay
edit : delete

Klivlend
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
What is the point of this thread?

Jays Claw
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Once again I ask, what's the point of making these threads that no one really cares about? Most of us already know the obvious answer to your question. Yes, they're the only ones to receive MVP awards without winning a championship.

Is it too much to ask for threads that open up lengthy and intelligent discussions? The NBA forum has certainly lost a tonne of dignity these past few years.

silvio
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM

ROFL - don't hate the player ...

Tmath
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Jordon and Kobe >>>>>> Nash, Barkley, Malone, Nowitzki, Iverson and Lebron

silvio
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Once again I ask, what's the point of making these threads that no one really cares about? Most of us already know the obvious answer to your question. Yes, they're the only ones to receive MVP awards without winning a championship.

Is it too much to ask for threads that open up lengthy and intelligent discussions? The NBA forum has certainly lost a tonne of dignity these past few years.

I was just looking at your posts Jays Claw - on the past 5 you are complaining about the threads topics, quality etc. Who died and made you a critic?

Jays Claw
09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I was just looking at your posts Jays Claw - on the past 5 you are complaining about the threads topics, quality etc. Who died and made you a critic?

The stupidity/pointless threads in this forum murdered all the intelligence it once had.

Dade County
09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Jordon and Kobe >>>>>> Nash, Barkley, Malone, Nowitzki, Iverson and Lebron

Jordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobe>> and then the other guys... Nash, Barkley, Malone, Nowitzki, Iverson.

I fixed that for you. The way you had it, made it seem that Kobe was in the same breath as Jordon.

asandhu23
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Jordan, Kobe, Malone >>>>>>> Nash, Nowitzki, Barkley, Iverson >>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron

xILLN355
09-01-2010, 04:09 PM

didnt the spurs win it 4 times last decade?

NYtilIdie
09-01-2010, 04:10 PM

"Everyone in this thread is now dumber...." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew)

HakeemTheDream
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Lebron is only 25 right? Didn't Jordan win his first championship at age 28?

Just sayin..

Shareeb_omac2

You mean mostly because of Tim Duncan and the Spurs??? The Spurs beat the Mavs and Suns in their route to the Championship and they also beat Lebrons Cavs in the finals...

So if anyone it should be because of the Spurs.
(that's coming from a Mavs fan)

TheWatcher34
i am surprised the Laker fans haven't started a Kobe - Jordan discussion by now. Laker fans surprise me with their objectivity in this thread.

Reversed86Curse
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Unlike you, he is absolutely correct. 90% of the threads started in the NBA forum are either pointless, uncalled for or a valiant effort at starting an argument.

Jays Claw
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Unlike you, he is absolutely correct. 90% of the threads started in the NBA forum are either pointless, uncalled for or a valiant effort at starting an argument.

Thank you!

HakeemTheDream
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Steve Nash (35 years old)
Charles Barkley (retired)
Karl Malone (retired)
Dirk Nowitzki (31 years old)
Allen Iverson (34 years old)

Lebron (25 years old)

Just sayin...

SouthSideRookie
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Guys that never won a championship, Lebron is the only one that will likely win at least one.

SouthSideRookie
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM

And yet you open the thread and stay in it replying to everyone's opinion, you always have the option of not having to open a thread, I see it all the time also but why waste time in a "pointless thread", just saying, you have options.

ManningToTyree
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Then dont watch

ROY 2 MVP Braun
09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Jordon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobe>> and then the other guys... Nash, Barkley, Malone, Nowitzki, Iverson.

I fixed that for you. The way you had it, made it seem that Kobe was in the same breath as Jordon.

haha this is a funny guy here... jordan kobe>>>> any one else not even close

Jordan, Kobe, Malone >>>>>>> Nash, Nowitzki, Barkley, Iverson >>>>>>>>>>>> LeBron

karl malone is probally the best player to never get a ring he was just amazing to watch the time i got to watch him only being 20 years old

asandhu23
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
karl malone is probally the best player to never get a ring he was just amazing to watch the time i got to watch him only being 20 years old

Karl Malone - John Stockton is probably the best duo to never win a championship. they were loyal to their team as well. They accepted their failures to win championships like men. That is why they are so popular today because that is how NBA players should be. *cough* *cough* LeBron *cough* *cough*

NYtilIdie
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Karl Malone - John Stockton is probably the best duo to never win a championship. they were loyal to their team as well. They accepted their failures to win championships like men. That is why they are so popular today because that is how NBA players should be. *cough* *cough* LeBron *cough* *cough*

What are you talking about?

Karl Malone went ring chasing with Gary Payton on the Lakers in 04'.

td0tsfinest
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
The suns were robbed by the nba. The suspension of Amare in the series against the Spurs was a definite series changer.

miller74
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Had nothing to do with Kobe

Coqui77
09-01-2010, 05:18 PM

I disagree it was mostly Shaq's dominance at the Center position. (the most important position in the NBA) and of course Kobe, but mainly Shaq in those years...

Sadds The Gr8
09-01-2010, 05:19 PM
easiest trivia question ever?

hgtiger32
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
You mean mostly because of Tim Duncan and the Spurs??? The Spurs beat the Mavs and Suns in their route to the Championship and they also beat Lebrons Cavs in the finals...

So if anyone it should be because of the Spurs.
(that's coming from a Mavs fan)

u beat me to the punch, those guys can thank the Lakers and Spurs for winning multiple titles

Da Knicks
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
could see this getting ugly

cowboyz180
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
wow, what a stupid thread

Kashmir13579
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM

this is the first thing i thought.

icej
09-01-2010, 06:01 PM

^^^ This.

And it should be because of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan and others.

asandhu23
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Dude that was literally at the very end of his career. At that point, he pretty much was desperate to get a ring. Its sad that he never got his ring.

Tmath
09-01-2010, 06:14 PM

It's not the same Lebron is chasing a ring at 25 years old. Malone & Payton stayed loyal till they were old men then chased rings.

beasted86
09-01-2010, 06:21 PM
terrible thread. The mavs haven't faced kobe in the playoffs, nash only lost to l.a. Once, ai wouldn't have won in 2001 no matter who came out of the west, and lebron has never played kobe in the playoffs.

+1

RocketPower2010
09-01-2010, 06:26 PM

This, someone start a counter on how many times the OP has been called an idiot.

SteveNash
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM

And Malone and Barkley wouldn't have won no matter who came out of the East.

Basically, Malone and Barkley are ringless because they're losers, not because of Jordan.

asandhu23
09-01-2010, 06:59 PM
And Malone and Barkley wouldn't have won no matter who came out of the East.

Basically, Malone and Barkley are ringless because they're losers, not because of Jordan.

Barkley is a loser. Malone is NOT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

HakeemTheDream
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
To say Utah Jazz wouldn't have won in 1998 even if there was no Jordan is pure ignorance

Master Mind
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Allen Iverson and Lebron James mostly because of Kobe Bryant/Shaq and Duncan.

Fixed

Ebbs
09-01-2010, 07:10 PM

x2

:laugh: Yea oh geez Damn Kobe its entirely his fault Dirk has yet to win a ring ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Personally if I was to blame any 1 individual I would blame that Wade fellow.

Evolution23
09-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Whats the point of this? Is this some kind of trivia question?

SteveNash
09-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Barkley is a loser. Malone is NOT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You rape a 13 year old like Karl, you're a loser.

To say Utah Jazz wouldn't have won in 1998 even if there was no Jordan is pure ignorance

Why?

dewikwoseisbeta
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I believe Lebron has a long time left in this league. You act as if his career is done?

SouthSideRookie
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
x2

:laugh: Yea oh geez Damn Kobe its entirely his fault Dirk has yet to win a ring ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Personally if I was to blame any 1 individual I would blame that Wade fellow.

Wow, I don't recall D Wade being a GS Warrior or a Spur ever in his career, hmmm!

Wrigheyes4MVP
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Mostly because of Tim Duncan

Enemey
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Its more of Tim Duncan because He denied Mavs led by Dirk and Nash/Kidd, Suns led by Nash, Cavs led by Lebron, nuggets- Iverson, and lets throw in Nets led by Kidd

jackdawson
09-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Please, show how did LeBron James hasn't won yet becuase of Kobe? I would my PSD account if you can prove it. I am not gonna even talk about Nash, Dirk, or others.

Bored much? What a dumbass thread.

Ray_R
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
THat they play basketball :jumpy:

LavelC
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I would say it was more Duncan and Shaq than Kobe

LA_Raiders
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
lol

ivylleague1'
09-01-2010, 08:17 PM

You must be dreaming!!!!!! Kobe could not prevent Iverson from winning a championship. He was not the best player in Lakers team then, Shaq was. So give the credit to Shaq, and stop being a Kobephyle.

Enemey
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
You must be dreaming!!!!!! Kobe could not prevent Iverson from winning a championship. He was not the best player in Lakers team then, Shaq was. So give the credit to Shaq, and stop being a Kobephyle.

It was Shaq AND Kobe. Besides lakers led by Kobe swept Nuggets led by Iverson and Melo .

albertc86
09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
This was an easy question.

Buckwheat
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Ya something lebron has two things that none of those guys have...youth and you guys no what else

A gorilla penis?

bahama0811
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Another thread that isn't going anywhere.