PDA

View Full Version : Shaq would be bothered if Tim Duncan gets ring.. Not concerned about Kobe

kdspurman
08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Found this video clip of Shaq today. Thought it was pretty funny though I'm sure he's just a little bitter, but he does make a point that he helped get Kobe 3 of the 5 titles.

Shaq on Kobe: “If Tim Duncan Got 5 Rings It Would Bother Me More Than Kobe’s 5″

http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/august/shaq-would-be-bothered-if-duncan-got-a-fifth-title.html

Joshtd1
08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Not surprising, he wants to be known as the greatest bigman of their generation. He doesn't want Duncan getting the 5th ring because it puts that title in jeapordy..he has always felt that way.

FakeBlackMamba
08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Who Cares. Shaq is washed up right now. He should just retire already. He is the most dominating player to ever play the game. He doesnt need any more rings. His legacy is secured. And as a matter of fact, so is Kobe's. Kobe doesnt have anything else to prove. He has done it all, and accomplished all. They are both Once in a lifetime players.....They need to stop hating on each other.

kdspurman
08-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Not surprising, he wants to be known as the greatest bigman of their generation. He doesn't want Duncan getting the 5th ring because it puts that title in jeapordy..he has always felt that way.

Yea I agree. People always put those 2 as the 2 most dominant big men of the past decade. He wants to be up there on his own. What's interesting is that just a few months ago he wanted to be teammates with Timmy so they can go for their 5th title together.

kArSoN RyDaH
08-31-2010, 10:07 PM
no surprise here. just like people say kobe is chasing mike. you never here kobe chasing kareem or bill russel. it makes sense to me.

kdspurman
08-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Who Cares. Shaq is washed up right now. He should just retire already. He is the most dominating player to ever play the game. He doesnt need any more rings. His legacy is secured. And as a matter of fact, so is Kobe's. Kobe doesnt have anything else to prove. He has done it all, and accomplished all. They are both Once in a lifetime players.....They need to stop hating on each other.

Agreed. Theyre both pretty unique players.

Drtino
08-31-2010, 10:11 PM

I am rooting for the Celtics to go all the way here, just because... Shaq deserves to get his fifth ring... he's and was unquestionably the most dominant center in this league throughout his whole career... even though he's getting to the point where he can put up good numbers.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2010, 10:17 PM
makes sense, since Shaq, and everyone else knows Shaq was #1 on the Lakers rings, and Duncan has always been #1 on his teams.
That being said, I think the Spurs window has closed.
Furthermore, Shaq has always said things to create controversy. Not sure why anyone would take him serious.

kArSoN RyDaH
08-31-2010, 10:19 PM
shaq is no longer relevant in the nba world. sorry to say his comments no longer affect anyone and i dont think any even bothers paying attention to them anymore.

ink
08-31-2010, 10:23 PM
shaq is no longer relevant in the nba world. sorry to say his comments no longer affect anyone and i dont think any even bothers paying attention to them anymore.

Agreed.

Let's talk basketball guys. This is really just gossip and has hardly anything to do with what happens on the court.