PDA

View Full Version : Josh Wilson traded to Baltimore

thehands816
08-31-2010, 07:04 PM
According to Adam Schefter via Twitter:

Ravens get the CB they've been seeking: Baltimore traded a conditional fifth-round pick to Seattle for former Seahawks CB Josh Wilson.

Here's another link:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/31/ravens-acquire-josh-wilson-in-trade-with-seahawks/

Cheflhale
08-31-2010, 07:13 PM
He's got to be worth more than that right?

thehands816
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
He's got to be worth more than that right?

Yeah, he IS worth more than that. I'm hoping there's more to come in the next few days. If not, then we got robbed. John Clayton is saying on ESPN that Walter Thurmond has made Kelly Jennings and/or Josh Wilson expendable. Not sure I agree with that YET, but fine. But still, a 5th rounder for Wilson? There has to be more to this that we don't know yet.

NateyB24
08-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Hold on i don't know if Josh Wilson is worth more then a 5th im just mad that we have to watch Jennings i hope he gets traded next for a bag of peanuts id rather start thurmond over him thats how bad Jennings is.

House
08-31-2010, 07:23 PM
WOW... Didn't see that happening!

thehands816
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
WOW... Didn't see that happening!

NOPE! Big surprise!

Ian.
08-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, remember when we drafted Kelly Jennings. :facepalm:

It seems like Wilson would be more valuable than this, but my skills valuing football players and draft picks lacks.

Seattle4Ever
08-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Well it's conditional, so it gets better the more he plays.
Such a bad trade. I got the text and I ran to see if maybe we got Jared Gaither. Why the **** wouldn't we release Jennings if Thurmond made them expendable?! GOD DAMNIT!

W@rH@wk
08-31-2010, 07:35 PM
It's a conditional 5th rounder that could become a 4th rounder depending on how many games he starts. I don't think that's bad at all considering what we did in the draft this year with 4th and 5th round picks.

D-Train#35
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
WHAT THE ****?

I'm starting to get mad. Every move Carroll and Schneider have made has been questionable (excluding draft day). Other than that one day they have been nothing short of terrible. I'm started to get pissed off.

Seattle4Ever
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm so pissed of at this trade. Unless Jennings gets traded/released and we pick up another corner. I really like Thurmond and Roy Lewis.

NateyB24
08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
It's a conditional 5th rounder that could become a 4th rounder depending on how many games he starts. I don't think that's bad at all considering what we did in the draft this year with 4th and 5th round picks.

Yea i won't be so mad if it turns into a 4th i think were stock piling draft picks and turning into a youth movement. I kind of like the idea in a way because of the value we got in this years draft so maybe they know what there doing.

Seattle4Ever
08-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Well what was wrong with Josh Wilson? We have Kelly Jennings STARTING now!

Seahawk Down
08-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Horrible F'n Trade!!! I couldn't be more pissed off! Just when I was starting to buy in to what they were doing, they go and do this *******! Not only was Josh the only #2 corner I trusted. He was our best kick returner by far!!! Even if we do get a 4th round pick I still think we got screwed! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

thehands816
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Calabro is reporting that something else is going down at Seahawks headquarters. The reporters were told not to go anywhere.

Seahawk Down
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm so pissed of at this trade. Unless Jennings gets traded/released and we pick up another corner. I really like Thurmond and Roy Lewis.

I dig Roy Lewis too. He was a island in college, and I'd be fine with him as our nickle, but who the F is gonna start opposite Trufaunt? Thurmond?!! Maybe eventually when he gets healthier/ more experience, but throwing him in there as a starter is suicide!!! He's gonna get picked on more than a fat, red-headed, gay kid with a speach impediment!

Seahawk Down
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
WHAT THE ****?

I'm starting to get mad. Every move Carroll and Schneider have made has been questionable (excluding draft day). Other than that one day they have been nothing short of terrible. I'm started to get pissed off.

Couldn't agree with you more! A lot of the **** he did on D Day was stupid too. Don't forget the Lendale White trade instead of drafting Bruce Campbell! Then we go and trade for a backup OL that the Lions were going to release anyway! It keeps getting worse! I do however, like what he did by bringing Mike Williams.

thehands816
08-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Couldn't agree with you more! A lot of the **** he did on D Day was stupid too. Don't forget the Lendale White trade instead of drafting Bruce Campbell! Then we go and trade for a backup OL that the Lions were going to release anyway! It keeps getting worse! I do however, like what he did by bringing Mike Williams.

If the Lions released him, the Redskins (who also run a ZBS) would likely have claimed him ahead of us. We gave up what looks to be a late round pick and some people are even saying the pick is in 2012, so not really a big deal. We need OL depth.

And YES YES YES for Mike Williams. :clap:

NateyB24
08-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Some of you guys need to calm down i was mad at first to when Wilson was traded sure he plays better then Jennings but physically he is to short for the position.

Were probaly going the GB route go really young let them take there licks and learn while playing then turn into a power house.

Blazerfan88
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
there has to be a deal coming they trade wilson for a pick and now Hill contract got redone sounds like we are trading for a bigger piece VJ maybe

Baller1
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I hope this isn't all of it. I don't care if it's a conditional pick, it's not worth the price we're going to pay having Jennings out there.

slickintern
08-31-2010, 10:45 PM
put the pieces together...

1. Leroy hill restructures contract to free up guaranteed money
2. Seahawks trade away josh Wilson for a conditional draft pick
3. NFC West Rams contact Chargers about VJ
4. Seahawks tell reporters to stay close cause this is not the end of it

my guess is we are either Trading Hill to San Diego and making a pack of draft picks available. We could have reduced Hills contract to make a more attractive trade to the chargers, also clearing us up a whole lot of cap room to trade for VJ

just my take on it

Burleson81
08-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Some of you guys need to calm down i was mad at first to when Wilson was traded sure he plays better then Jennings but physically he is to short for the position.

Were probaly going the GB route go really young let them take there licks and learn while playing then turn into a power house.

Agree. Wilson is a short corner. Still seems like a piece of a larger trade coming.

ThUnDeR HaWk
08-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Calabro is reporting that something else is going down at Seahawks headquarters. The reporters were told not to go anywhere.

i think the seahawks are close to aquiring marshawn lynch and vincent jackson. lynch for a conditional pick and jackson for hill and the other conditional pick ? i dont know about the wilson trade, but with the emergence of roy lewis, cord parks and walter thurmond, not to mention josh pinkard, who the seahawks are very, very high on ( he would have been a top 3 round pick if not for his injuries) josh wilson became expendable. maybe its just me but kelly jennings has had a very good 3 preseason games as far as ive seen. what do you guys think is going to go down?

House
08-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Pinkard was placed on the Reserve/Non-football Injury (NFI) list today.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/press/article-1/Seahawks-Trade-for-Tackle-Sign-Defensive-End/984a0bc2-58ef-4cd0-ab45-3e83d90555e0

NateyB24
08-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Agree. Wilson is a short corner. Still seems like a piece of a larger trade coming.

Sorry i also forgot to mention since they had Thurmond maybe they did try to shop Jennings trust me no one is going to want him watching him play i mean hes got the build but he plays scared did you see the way Peterson muscled himself into the endzone? Atleast Thomas jumped at him Jennings just stood and watched. He also gets burned in coverage all the time also one of our biggest 1st round failures ever. So they got better value with Wilson since he can atleast do some things.

We can't really blame them Wilson size wise doesn't fit Carolls scheme hes getting the players he wants that fits his scheme the best.

Blazerfan88
08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
midgets guarding 6"3 + wide receivers not a good idea

clang7777
09-01-2010, 12:03 AM

1. That's an absolutely stupid point to make.

This is ridiculous. He is the only corner we have on the roster that has ANY big play ability and plays with any sort of aggressiveness.

He was honestly one of my favorite players on the team, and seeing him interact with the fans at training camp only furthered that. He's a great guy and a player that is still far too young to essentially give up on. This is a huge, huge mistake any way you cut it. I wouldn't take a 4th for him let alone a 5th.

Oh, whats our depth? Roy Lewis guys, really? Sure he is a Husky, had a really good preseason and camp but COME ON. The other depth? Walter Thurmond who is coming off a season ending surgery? Both guys have talent, but have zero experience- I'm not comfortable with that when we should be competing for a divison crown.

I pray to god somehow there is something in the works, at the same time I really cant figure out how in the hell this 5th or conditional pick sways a team to get a significant piece. Not buying it right now.

Boo.

GL in Baltimore JW.

Magic12ball
09-01-2010, 12:35 AM

This is ridiculous. He is the only corner we have on the roster that has ANY big play ability and plays with any sort of aggressiveness.

He was honestly one of my favorite players on the team, and seeing him interact with the fans at training camp only furthered that. He's a great guy and a player that is still far too young to essentially give up on. This is a huge, huge mistake any way you cut it. I wouldn't take a 4th for him let alone a 5th.

Oh, whats our depth? Roy Lewis guys, really? Sure he is a Husky, had a really good preseason and camp but COME ON. The other depth? Walter Thurmond who is coming off a season ending surgery? Both guys have talent, but have zero experience- I'm not comfortable with that when we should be competing for a divison crown.

I pray to god somehow there is something in the works, at the same time I really cant figure out how in the hell this 5th or conditional pick sways a team to get a significant piece. Not buying it right now.

Boo.

GL in Baltimore JW.

With Clang here, this was a dumb move. Not as bad as Clang makes it sound, but still pretty ****ing stupid.

I think the real reason behind it was the upcoming CBA change and Wilson's pending FA status. The Ravens bought Wilson for a year essentially. JS + PC worried that compensatory picks wouldnt be part of new CBA, decided to dump JW because they were sure he wouldnt resign with us (either they werent willing to pay the money they thought he wanted or whatever). So, they trade him for what will most probably be a late fourth, or at worst a late fifth.

Even if this is the reasoning behind it, I think its pretty stupid... you don't trade away young, growing playmakers, especially when you dont have depth to back it up.

House
09-01-2010, 12:48 AM
With Clang here, this was a dumb move. Not as bad as Clang makes it sound, but still pretty ****ing stupid.

I think the real reason behind it was the upcoming CBA change and Wilson's pending FA status. The Ravens bought Wilson for a year essentially. JS + PC worried that compensatory picks wouldnt be part of new CBA, decided to dump JW because they were sure he wouldnt resign with us (either they werent willing to pay the money they thought he wanted or whatever). So, they trade him for what will most probably be a late fourth, or at worst a late fifth.

Even if this is the reasoning behind it, I think its pretty stupid... you don't trade away young, growing playmakers, especially when you dont have depth to back it up.

My thoughts are right yours. The "get something instead of nothing" really sucks in this case. I don't like the move because of the things he did do.

I would've much rather seen Jennings was traded away. One good thing out of this shows Thurmond has come back better/stronger than expected.

Hopefully whatever moves we make fit!!! I know everything is calculated and well-planned. The majority of the moves have benefitted us!

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 01:15 AM

If we did win the divison i wouldn't be complaining though

Boo.

GL in Baltimore JW.

Explain to me why height has nothing to do with a corner back id really love to hear your explanation...Especially when a WR is a mismatch for a short CB.

Also i don't mind them playing Thurmond come on competing for a divison crown?? We have a QB whos going to be replaced soon a front four that can get no pressure and we also need a RB. Face it we are in rebuild phase i hope your not buying into the whole "Were going to compete this year" because its baloney. Hell we could be taking a QB next year for that matter.

As a homer though im hoping we take the West. Wouldn't be surprised to see Housh traded or let go next year since his money is more reasonable.

Although i do not get why Schneider and Caroll thought we wouldn't be able to resign Josh this is nothing against him but he was not an elite player he was a very solid player so i think we couldve but owell.

JC-DA_DON
09-01-2010, 01:57 AM
unless there is something the front office is brewing in the ketchin, i do not agree at all with this trade...our d/b's have been the most upsetting thing for me in the last few years, now were depending on a skinny little twerp, to be starter opposite to trufant. Thurmand, i think, will be a great corner in the long run but no one knows that. Dumb move on f/o part, there have better be something behind this
:(:confused::mad::facepalm:

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Explain to me why height has nothing to do with a corner back id really love to hear your explanation...Especially when a WR is a mismatch for a short CB.

Also i don't mind them playing Thurmond come on competing for a divison crown?? We have a QB whos going to be replaced soon a front four that can get no pressure and we also need a RB. Face it we are in rebuild phase i hope your not buying into the whole "Were going to compete this year" because its baloney. Hell we could be taking a QB next year for that matter.

As a homer though im hoping we take the West. Wouldn't be surprised to see Housh traded or let go next year since his money is more reasonable.

Although i do not get why Schneider and Caroll thought we wouldn't be able to resign Josh this is nothing against him but he was not an elite player he was a very solid player so i think we couldve but owell.

Dunta Robinson - 5'10, you don't have to be big to be a corner. I agree that it matters somewhat. But for right now, he's the only playmaker on defense besides Thomas. What we should have done is:

Traded/Released Jennings. Put Thurmond opposite of Trufant. Put Wilson in the nickel. Have Roy Lewis as a backup.

My Dream Scenario:

Trufant
Thurmond
Wilson
Lewis

But now it's:

Tru
Jennings
Lewis
Parks

Which looks better?

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Dunta Robinson - 5'10, you don't have to be big to be a corner. I agree that it matters somewhat. But for right now, he's the only playmaker on defense besides Thomas. What we should have done is:

Traded/Released Jennings. Put Thurmond opposite of Trufant. Put Wilson in the nickel. Have Roy Lewis as a backup.

My Dream Scenario:

Trufant
Thurmond
Wilson
Lewis

But now it's:

Tru
Jennings
Lewis
Parks

Which looks better?

Thats for Caroll and Schneider to decide its not all that surprising to me that Schneider got rid of Wilson, Schneider learned under Ron Wolf from the Packers he would never draft a CB under 5-11.

Seriously i don't get why we are mad about trading Wilson did he ever make plays against good teams? I think i remember his interceptions last year coming from the Rams and Lions. He is good at the return game and he probaly will have a good year with the Ravens because the Ravens can get pressure and cause the QB to make bad throws which we don't have.

Im not happy as the next guy but why keep a guy if he does not fit your scheme? Why not trade him and get value?

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 03:05 AM
So you are trying to say this situation at CB has gotten BETTER? Our corners suck now. Jennings is TERRIBLE.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 03:22 AM
So you are trying to say this situation at CB has gotten BETTER? Our corners suck now. Jennings is TERRIBLE.

Jennings has always sucked i think Thurmond upgrades are CB alot i think Lewis has been pretty solid for us to. I don't think we really lost or gained anything moving Wilson to be honest we actually gained something a guy we were not going to sign in the off season anyways.

We still need to find Jennings replacement but either way we were going to be suck with Jennings nobody wants him he sucks.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm liking this situation... unless we don't want a replacement for Jennings.

House
09-01-2010, 03:57 AM
IMO, Wilson is better than Jennings, hands down! I also feel Thurmond (@ 100%) can/will be better than Josh Wilson.

They are both great in the return game and Thurmond does have better size for coverage.

That being said, it would be HARD to move Jennings and we know that! Jennings and Wilson BOTH would've been FAs next year and more than likely we wouldn't have retained either of them. The fact that Thurmond has made such a push and the fact that we have some depth (keyword some), we are getting something instead of nothing.

I'd expect we draft a CB or two in next year's draft that will fit the our mold. It's been said a million times, rebuilding doesn't happen in one year. This was a small step towards a real bright future!!!

SEAbeliever
09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
This move stinks...We just got jobbed by the Ravens. On the bright side, maybe they can come up with something in a trade scenario, this thing might not be over. Something tells me they are cooking up something again. Overall, I've like their other moves, so I will be patient. Our team definitely looks much better.

Watch this first! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzHbLyjFnuU&feature=related

I really loved watching Josh Wilson though. He was a playmaker, and they don't come around too often. I will refer you to an excellent posting on this move.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/8/31/1661737/seattle-seahawks-trade-josh-wilson

but this next one is better :D

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2010/8/31/1661921/a-completely-irrational-response

That guy is good people...I love the stuff he produces.

In the end, I say we keep the faith. We're getting MUCH better (even though we still have Jennings) :D

furmat60
09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
IMO, Wilson is better than Jennings, hands down! I also feel Thurmond (@ 100%) can/will be better than Josh Wilson.

They are both great in the return game and Thurmond does have better size for coverage.

That being said, it would be HARD to move Jennings and we know that! Jennings and Wilson BOTH would've been FAs next year and more than likely we wouldn't have retained either of them. The fact that Thurmond has made such a push and the fact that we have some depth (keyword some), we are getting something instead of nothing.

I'd expect we draft a CB or two in next year's draft that will fit the our mold. It's been said a million times, rebuilding doesn't happen in one year. This was a small step towards a real bright future!!!

All of this.

We wouldn't have kept him after this year anyways, and we have to trim the roster down to 53.......why not get rid of him now, take a okay draft pick, and make it easier to keep other good players on our 53 man roster. I honestly think Thurmond can take his place, but it's going to be hard to conceive with him having no NFL experience. I'm excited for our future of this team, and I'm happy with things thus far.......though I wish we could have received Gaither...........:(

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
All of this.

We wouldn't have kept him after this year anyways, and we have to trim the roster down to 53.......why not get rid of him now, take a okay draft pick, and make it easier to keep other good players on our 53 man roster. I honestly think Thurmond can take his place, but it's going to be hard to conceive with him having no NFL experience. I'm excited for our future of this team, and I'm happy with things thus far.......though I wish we could have received Gaither...........:(

I wonder if we asked about Gaither or Mcgehee i would definitley asked about Gaither though because i rewatched the Vikes game last night and Locklear got beat twice and he looked terrible in the Titans game he looks like he doesn't know what to do since being moved around to LT then now back to RT looks like hes regressing.

House
09-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I wonder if we asked about Gaither or Mcgehee i would definitley asked about Gaither though because i rewatched the Vikes game last night and Locklear got beat twice and he looked terrible in the Titans game he looks like he doesn't know what to do since being moved around to LT then now back to RT looks like hes regressing.

Gaither and their 2nd string RT Cousins, are both hurt. IMO, they wouldn't trade him right now. McGahee would've been interesting. He'd be a HUGE upgrade over Julius Jones

ThUnDeR HaWk
09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
what happened to pete carroll telling the press to not go away? was that so he could announce the tyler polumbus trade? some deals should start to go down, because this was a bad trade....

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
what happened to pete carroll telling the press to not go away? was that so he could announce the tyler polumbus trade? some deals should start to go down, because this was a bad trade....

I think Josh Wilson is vastly over rated his best asset is is return ability and he is good at CB not great his 2 picks came off of jumping routes last year off of the Lions and a tipped pass in the Rams game.

Cheflhale
09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
One thing we all seem to agree on...Jennings sucks!!

ThUnDeR HaWk
09-01-2010, 12:43 PM
maybe but still didnt someone say that the seahawks told the reporters to wait because they "had something big going down"? what ever happened to that?

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
maybe but still didnt someone say that the seahawks told the reporters to wait because they "had something big going down"? what ever happened to that?

Nope. Was pure speculation by Calabro because the reporters were there after the Josh Wilson trade for about an hour nothing else was going on.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
One thing we all seem to agree on...Jennings sucks!!

Yep from what i got from the press conference is Thurmond will be our starter and Jennings will hit the road next year.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
put the pieces together...

1. Leroy hill restructures contract to free up guaranteed money
2. Seahawks trade away josh Wilson for a conditional draft pick
3. NFC West Rams contact Chargers about VJ
4. Seahawks tell reporters to stay close cause this is not the end of it

my guess is we are either Trading Hill to San Diego and making a pack of draft picks available. We could have reduced Hills contract to make a more attractive trade to the chargers, also clearing us up a whole lot of cap room to trade for VJ

just my take on itLink?

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 01:10 PM

My Dream Scenario:

Trufant
Thurmond
Wilson
Lewis

But now it's:

Tru
Jennings
Lewis
Parks

Which looks better?
Thurmond is still on the team bud.

Trufant
Thurmond
Jennings
Lewis
Parks

In case everyone isn't aware, Walter Thurmond was among the top corner prospects in the country before he blew out his knee. Many expected him to be taken around the back of the first round at one point. If he's back to full speed, he's got the talent to be a significant upgrade across from Truf.

House
09-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Thurmond being the starter is GREAT news! He is an UPGRADE over Wilson in my eyes... Again, I am sad to see Josh go, but we got something instead of him leaving next year and getting nothing. Now Jennings can leave in FA next year, we'll draft a CB and the ground work should be laid properly for an explosive secondary for the next coming years!

I know Josh Pinkard was highly regarded as well coming out of USC and he's coming off an injury as well. He was put on the Reserve/NFI list yesterday. Does anyone have any details on him?

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I was pulling for Thurmond to win the starting job all offseason anyway. Josh Wilson made some big plays and is probably still improving, but he was never a player we could count on. Thurmond doesn't have the physical ceiling that Wilson did so the sky's the limit. He's also a kick returner like Wilson so there's no hole there. As demonstrated a few months ago, we want Schneider and Carroll to have draft picks in their hands.

Bottom line: Josh was a good guy and a fun player to watch, but he's replaceable and we can all be excited that Thurmond has convinced the front office that he is back up to speed. He's got some big upside.

House
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I had a Fantasy draft yesterday on ESPN and as a note for Forsett and Washington it stated "With the trade of Josh Wilson, Leon Washington has been named the Lead Kick-returner. This will more than likely make Justin Forsett the starting RB."

Has anyone seen anymore on this? I haven't found anything solid myself, but to me, that makes sense.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Passes the smell test. You don't return a kickoff and then stay on the field to run the ball on first and 10.

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Link?

Yeah I want to see the link also. If this is true I wonder what we have brewing.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Thurmond is still on the team bud.

Trufant
Thurmond
Jennings
Lewis
Parks

In case everyone isn't aware, Walter Thurmond was among the top corner prospects in the country before he blew out his knee. Many expected him to be taken around the back of the first round at one point. If he's back to full speed, he's got the talent to be a significant upgrade across from Truf.

He's not 100% healthy right now is he? That's why I didn't put him.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Strengths:
Elite athleticism. An explosive return specialist. Very fluid in man coverage; can turn and run with any receiver. Surprisingly effective as a tackler for his size. Willing to step up in run support.

Weaknesses:
Missed the majority of his senior year with a knee injured. Missed time with a pelvic injury in 2008. Undersized. Not as effective in zone coverage as in man.

Comments:
Thurmond was having an excellent senior year before suffering a season-ending knee injury which he is still recovering from. He was a potential 2nd or 3rd round pick, but since his game is built around his explosiveness he's going to fall if he can't work out before the draft. If he's fully recovered he could be a great late-round steal. He projects as a quality nickel cornerback with the potential to develop into a starter. He should also be a contributor on special teams.

jason17
09-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Thats crazy what a steal.

Man if this is true than the TJ Housh of him possibly being release could be true.

I hope that TJ thing is true tho:).

Maybe the seahawks will get Jared Gaither?

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Man if this is true than the TJ Housh of him possibly being release could be true.

Why would you want TJ released? He's been doing good in preseason. And he's the only proven receiver besides... he's the only proven receiver.

Cheflhale
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM

?...I think you are on the wrong site. You meant to go to bleacherreport right?:confused:

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
?...I think you are on the wrong site. You meant to go to bleacherreport right?:confused:

:laugh:

Cheflhale
09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Why would you want TJ released? He's been doing good in preseason. And he's the only proven receiver besides... he's the only proven receiver.

He's a Redskins fan, not a Seahawks fan

House
09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I have seen a lot of Redskins fans chattering about TJ possibly being released and them grabbing him... My close friend is a Skins fan and he asked me the same thing on Saturday. No solid site to link to but his family has heard things and they live in the D.C. area.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I have seen a lot of Redskins fans chattering about TJ possibly being released and them grabbing him... My close friend is a Skins fan and he asked me the same thing on Saturday. No solid site to link to but his family has heard things and they live in the D.C. area.

I really don't see a reason for releasing him. Hm...

Cheflhale
09-01-2010, 04:21 PM

That's so weird. Why would they think we would release him...because his salary is to high maybe and we might spend tons on Vincent Jackson? His age? Even if we didn't want him for some reason he must have trade value.

House
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
That's so weird. Why would they think we would release him...because his salary is to high maybe and we might spend tons on Vincent Jackson? His age? Even if we didn't want him for some reason he must have trade value.

I don't know. It would be a precursor to a VJax deal in my eyes. I know we've talked about it in the Jackson thread, but Housh would compliment Jackson.

Mike Williams probably isn't going to put up VJax numbers, but he'd stand next to TJ as well, not replace him. IMO, Butler will play the Slot so I could see Deion Branch possibly being the odd man out.

TJ & BMW - 1&2
Butler - Slot
Tate - Development/trick
Branch - ???

Cheflhale
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
good article on the trade written by Chris Sullivan at www.seahawkaddicts.com

http://www.seahawkaddicts.com/2010-articles/september/schneider-on-wilson.html

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Well gee, I didn't know a conditional 5th was aggressive.

Baltimore and another team stepped forward, Baltimore won out. "This gives Josh a great opportunity, moves him back home to his family and where his wife is from..." The deal was based on "Baltimore's aggressiveness."

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I could see us release Branch way before TJ. This makes no sense. If we dont want him then trade him for Jackson.

Seattle4Ever
09-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I could see us releasing Branch and trading Housh :pray:

House
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
We'd have to get Jackson in that scenario... ONLY in that scenario

clang7777
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM

1. Height is incredibly overrated. It has absolutely no correlation to success at CB. Is Revis over 6'0? Was Rod Woodson over 6'0? Does leaping ability play any role? Would I take a guy who is 6'2 with no ball skills/little athetic ability or a guy who is 5'9 with ball skills/athetic ability? The latter of course. It's as if every play a 5'9 corner has is against Larry Fitzgerald on a fade route in the corner of the endzone 1-1 right?
On the flip, how did hieght impact Steve Largent and jump balls against taller corners/safties? The point is, when the ball is in the air, whoever wants it the most is going to get it. JW had a huge heart and played with aggressiveness. I can't say that about too many of our DB's.

2. I don't want to get into this, but I will keep it simple. Division crown... yes. Each and every year this team is competing for that title. If you don't think so, and you really beleive its simply a transition year with no expectations you're an absolute moron.

Do the math-

Arizona Cardinals (The prior division champs) with no answer at Quarterback with less than 10 days until kickoff. New personnel at key spots everywhere.

49ers- Alex Smith. Alex Smith. Alex Smith.

Rams- Rams.

Get it?

The NFL more than any other league allows for more variance from year to year than any other league, wake up.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
He's not 100% healthy right now is he? That's why I didn't put him.

BS. You put him in the pre-trade depth chart but not the post-trade? You were just being a drama queen.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
1. Height is incredibly overrated. It has absolutely no correlation to success at CB. Is Revis over 6'0? Was Rod Woodson over 6'0? Does leaping ability play any role? Would I take a guy who is 6'2 with no ball skills/little athetic ability or a guy who is 5'9 with ball skills/athetic ability? The latter of course. It's as if every play a 5'9 corner has is against Larry Fitzgerald on a fade route in the corner of the endzone 1-1 right?
On the flip, how did hieght impact Steve Largent and jump balls against taller corners/safties? The point is, when the ball is in the air, whoever wants it the most is going to get it. JW had a huge heart and played with aggressiveness. I can't say that about too many of our DB's.

2. I don't want to get into this, but I will keep it simple. Division crown... yes. Each and every year this team is competing for that title. If you don't think so, and you really beleive its simply a transition year with no expectations you're an absolute moron.

Do the math-

Arizona Cardinals (The prior division champs) with no answer at Quarterback with less than 10 days until kickoff. New personnel at key spots everywhere.

Rams- Rams.

Get it?

The NFL more than any other league allows for more variance from year to year than any other league, wake up.

Wait if size has nothing to do with a CB then why the hell did Fitzgerald drag Josh Wilson for 5 yards then after the play pat him on the head??

Josh Wilson was one of the players i liked because he played hard but lets be honest he is not some super player maker infact his interceptions came against some pretty bad QBS.

I seriously don't get why people get mad when we trade players its not like Wilson was some superstar...we got what the market dictated.

I am excited at what Caroll and Schneider are doing they aren't drafting short guys to play in the secondary and our D-line aren't small high motor guys there huge.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 04:52 PM
^LOL, i miss this.

Kick Returner-

*Clearly don't want to use J-force there for obvious reasons.
*I rather not use Leon there (even though he is probably the best option) for injury concerns. I just have this feeling that Leon will be an incredibly valuably piece to this team that it would KILL ME to see him go down on a KR.
*Tate- No. Looks incredibly awkward/upright, plus the guys future as a #2WR is far more important.
*Butler- I simply don't see the same burst on KR's as I do when lining up at WR.
*Another reason I will miss Josh Wilson, loved his return game.

So, is it really just going to be Leon Washington? I know it can work, and he will primiarily be a 3rd down running back, but it still worries me.

Is Tate going to return punts, or is that also going to be Leon's job?

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Do the math-

Rams- Rams.

Get it?

**** a division crown, I want a Super Bowl trophy. Any decision that is made without the ultimate goal as its motivation is a bad decision. If Pete Carroll, who is a proven defensive whiz, says his corners must be 6 feet tall then I'm buying in. Remember, this is his system. It may ask completely different things from it's corners than other systems. It's one less disadvantage for an opponent to exploit.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 04:56 PM
]Wait if size has nothing to do with a CB then why the hell did Fitzgerald drag Josh Wilson for 5 yards then after the play pat him on the head?? [/B]

Josh Wilson was one of the players i liked because he played hard but lets be honest he is not some super player maker infact his interceptions came against some pretty bad QBS.

I seriously don't get why people get mad when we trade players its not like Wilson was some superstar...we got what the market dictated.

Impressive buddy, you took my example and regurgetated it. How many DB's has Fitz done that too? Seriously..

Corners have a pretty damn high value at this point in time in the NFL, so no, I don't think a late 4th or late 5th is good value for him.

Yes, I am all for Walter Thurmond as all of you are. I watched him in camp and like his game. It's simply tough to rely on him (physically) coming off a season ending surgery and (mentally) being a rookie. Either way you cut it, he's going to be atleast the nickel back and get serious playing time. Which is good, but a lot of pressure on a guy who is still getting his feet under him.

-The LOL was at Brodies "drama queen" comment. Not Natey.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
^LOL, i miss this.

Kick Returner-

*I rather not use Leon there (even though he is probably the best option) for injury concerns. I just have this feeling that Leon will be an incredibly valuably piece to this team that it would KILL ME to see him go down on a KR.
*Tate- No. Looks incredibly awkward/upright, plus the guys future as a #2WR is far more important.
*Butler- I simply don't see the same burst on KR's as I do when lining up at WR.

So, is it really just going to be Leon Washington? I know it can work, and he will primiarily be a 3rd down running back, but it still worries me.

Whats wrong with Tate doing KR? He might be good at that since he is learning his routes still. Forsett doesn't have the burst Leon does to take it to the house.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 04:59 PM
]**** a division crown, I want a Super Bowl trophy.[/B] Any decision that is made without the ultimate goal as its motivation is a bad decision. If Pete Carroll, who is a proven defensive whiz, says his corners must be 6 feet tall then I'm buying in. Remember, this is his system. It may ask completely different things from it's corners than other systems. It's one less disadvantage for an opponent to exploit.

Do you legitimately think that the 2008 Arizona Cardinals believed they were going to be less than 2 minutes from hoisting the Lombardi trophy against the Steelers?

WINNING THE DIVISION EQUALS A HOME PLAYOFF GAME AT THE VERY LEAST. Then you go on from there.....

The value of a late 5th round pick is poop compared to legitimate depth for one season at CB at the VERY least.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
^LOL, i miss this.

Kick Returner-

If you actually prefer Josh Wilson as a returner to Leon Washington or Golden Tate, you're just not thinking clearly. Wilson was serviceable. He did a great job of sucking up as many yards as the kicking team would give him and he didn't muff anything, but guys like Tate and Washington are able to beat tacklers one on one as well as do the things Wilson did.

Tate doesn't look awkward at all. He has RB instincts and he runs like a RB with the ball in his hands. We've seen what Washington can do as a returner. He can be one of the best in the league.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Impressive buddy, you took my example and regurgetated it. How many DB's has Fitz done that too? Seriously..

Corners have a pretty damn high value at this point in time in the NFL, so no, I don't think a late 4th or late 5th is good value for him.

Yes, I am all for Walter Thurmond as all of you are. I watched him in camp and like his game. It's simply tough to rely on him (physically) coming off a season ending surgery and (mentally) being a rookie. Either way you cut it, he's going to be atleast the nickel back and get serious playing time. Which is good, but a lot of pressure on a guy who is still getting his feet under him.

-The LOL was at Brodies "drama queen" comment. Not Natey.

So if Josh Wilson can't stop Fitzgerald how many other 6'3 WR are goona pick on him??

Better yet how do you expect us to take this divison if Josh can't defend Fitz?

Im not saying he can't play im just saying people are way over valuing a average CB he would be like 4th on the depth chart if some of the Ravens other CB were healthy.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I can't believe we're even discussing the kick-return aspect of Josh Wilson right now. Maybe it gives Wilson a bump in value, but for the Seahawks it's cutting the fat in that department. He was stealing reps from better athletes as a returner.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM
^ I dont agree with your assessment of Wilson/Tate at all.

Sure, all the readings and college tape should correlate to Tate being a great return man, but simply going on the eye test and what we/I have seen in training camp and in the preseason games he is lacking the burst that I thought I would see.

As far as Josh Wilson and KR's....
"Josh Wilson, CB, Seattle: 76 tackles, 1 sack, 4 INT and a TD. Those were Josh Wilson’s stats in 2008 on defense after a rather nondescript rookie campaign in 2007. Wilson was asked to step up to the plate last year and he delivered with a strong stat-line defensively. What’s even better is that he also tossed in 69 kick returns for 1,753 yards, leading all NFL players in kick return yardage in ‘08. If you’re playing in an IDP league that also awards points for KR/PR yards then I would recommend you put Josh Wilson high on your list. Projections: 85 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 1 sack, 4 INTs on defense; 1,600 kick return yards, 1 TD.

Regardless of the jibber jabber, Josh Wilson passed the eye test. He has that burst that you want to see KR have. The second he touches it he's in 3rd moving to 4th gear and on. Tate looks like he starts in 2nd and reaches third, makes a move, and goes down. Hopefully he will prove me wrong, but he hasn't passed the eye test with the small sample I have.

As far as Leon goes, again, he is the best option and a great one at that. I just love the guy at the RB spot that I am a bit, a bit hesistant to see him as the permanent return man. If he's up for it, awesome.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
When have we had a chance to see Tate in open space as a returner so far? Answer: never.

Tate has a natural low center of gravity and a very sturdy build, which is going to bode well for breaking tackles and absorbing big hits. Throw in 4.3-4.4 speed and the athleticism that he displayed at ND and you've got a potential beast of a return man. I thought you were better than making such a brash assessment based on such a tiny sample. Tate hasn't seen any green in the preseason, but if there is anywhere where you can have faith in him succeeding out of the gate in the NFL it's as a returner.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
If Carroll and CO really believe that Roy Lewis and Walter Thurmond are NFL ready now, then so be it. I personally rather not go into a season with the CB's we have minus JW; thats just me.

Brodie, as far as size goes and what Carroll wants to do... I don't think I can buy your argument. Is there any basis for it? What about the drafting of Earl Thomas at FS? Can't you see him being constantly "outmatched" from a size standpoint when he leaks up into the slot to cover a WR or even a TE potentially 1-1?

clang7777
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Brodie-

Tate- Pretty certain I made it clear that it has been a SMALL sample.
Also, i am pretty certain again he has a had a few kick and punt returns and it didn't look good.

Regardless, the point remains that if he is going to be the future #2WR or better, having him return kicks probably isn't the best option for the future.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Last comment (need to pack for Dave Matthews this weekend!)

Wilson ran a better 40 time (4.39) than Tate's solid (4.43) at the combine for what thats worth.

Have a good weekend guys.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Brodie-

Tate- Pretty certain I made it clear that it has been a SMALL sample.
Also, i am pretty certain again he has a had a few kick and punt returns and it didn't look good.

Regardless, the point remains that if he is going to be the future #2WR or better, having him return kicks probably isn't the best option for the future.

I can't remember a return this preseason where Tate did the wrong thing. He hasn't had space. That's how it goes returning kicks, you exploit whats given to you and then if you're lucky and get into some space you get a chance to show off your athleticism and make people miss.

Tate isn't the number 2 receiver yet, obviously. I don't know about you, but I want him on the field. If your arguement is about what the team will do beyond this season, Josh Wilson is in his final year anyway so that point is moot.

clang7777
09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
-Those two points are entirely independent of each other.

A rookie WR who has a bright future with us as a PRIMARY WR versus a CB who has more experience than Roy Lewis and Walter Thurmond combined. Thats it.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 05:52 PM
If Carroll and CO really believe that Roy Lewis and Walter Thurmond are NFL ready now, then so be it. I personally rather not go into a season with the CB's we have minus JW; thats just me.

Brodie, as far as size goes and what Carroll wants to do... I don't think I can buy your argument. Is there any basis for it? What about the drafting of Earl Thomas at FS? Can't you see him being constantly "outmatched" from a size standpoint when he leaks up into the slot to cover a WR or even a TE potentially 1-1?

Earl Thomas can cover alot of ground with his speed and he plays taller then he really is add in his instincual skills. Only problem is he isn't the best tackler but he sure was laying some hits on Saturday. Drafted him more for Pick 6's and to annoy the QB.

bruser23
09-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I like this deal.

I know Jennings has been a major disappointment every season, and Josh Wilson has beaten him out for the starting spot. Wilson isn't a good corner back, he's just been better than Jennings.

Sadly a lot of that has to do with his size and how he has to compensate for his size, his man coverage just isn't good enough.

A fourth round pick is pretty good for a Josh Wilson. We can't think of this as a contending year, it's more of a proving year; We need to find out who on our team really wants to play and who really can play. Jennings is more than likely to get cut next season because another CB will step up.

Boozerguy47
09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Wilson is worth far more than a 5th rounder. I guess they think Jennings and Walter T have shown a lot of positives.

NateyB24
09-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Wilson is worth far more than a 5th rounder. I guess they think Jennings and Walter T have shown a lot of positives.

Walter Thurmond yes but Jennings no expect them to either pick someone up or go after someone in the draft next year.

By the way Cromartie went for a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd and he has put up better numbers then Wilson i guess the Chargers got cheated...

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I know Jennings has been a major disappointment every season, and Josh Wilson has beaten him out for the starting spot. Wilson isn't a good corner back, he's just been better than Jennings.

He hasn't beat out Jennings though. Jennings has been higher on the depth chart consistently. Wilson has been a nickel.

bruser23
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
He hasn't beat out Jennings though. Jennings has been higher on the depth chart consistently. Wilson has been a nickel.

Wilson, 25, was a second-round pick in 2007, and he has started 23 games the past two seasons...http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2012772424_hawk01.html

Not going to be rude about it, but he has beaten Jennings out consistently.

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry I know this is bleacher report but it is funny to think about. It wont ever happen

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/433060-darrelle-revis-trade-a-good-idea-for-seattle-seahawks

House
09-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry I know this is bleacher report but it is funny to think about. It wont ever happen

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/433060-darrelle-revis-trade-a-good-idea-for-seattle-seahawks

Nice read... They'd want TOO Much for him and he'd want tons of $$$!

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Nice read... They'd want TOO Much for him and he'd want tons of $$$!

Yeah it would start with our 1st round this year and go from there. It is an interesting thought though

House
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah it would start with our 1st round this year and go from there. It is an interesting thought though

I'd pass... I'd be too worried he'd get all that guaranteed $ and not produce...

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd pass... I'd be too worried he'd get all that guaranteed $ and not produce...

It sounds like they said to much like Deon Branch. Plus getting rid of a 1st round pick is not a good idea. And it sounds like Revis is asking for a 10/160 million or somewhere in that neighborhood. It would be awesome to see him in a hawks uniform though

Blazerfan88
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
is that 10 year 160 million dollars haha that is BS. what is Peyton contract?

seahawks509
09-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Considering Baltimore traded away a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin, I don't know.

bruser23
09-01-2010, 08:58 PM
What if he has a career like Champ, Would it be worth it than? (Revis)

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2012772424_hawk01.html

Not going to be rude about it, but he has beaten Jennings out consistently.

No he hasn't. Every offseason Kelly Jennings ends up starting the year as the #2 corner and Josh Wilson is the nickel.

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
is that 10 year 160 million dollars haha that is BS. what is Peyton contract?

I think if you gave him a large guarentee he would sign for less. The Jets offered him 8/100 mil with 5 mil guarenteed which is the big problem he deserves way more then a 5 mil guarentee.

Hawksfan2010
09-01-2010, 10:15 PM
What if he has a career like Champ, Would it be worth it than? (Revis)

I think it would be but maybe a 1st next year not this year.

FWBrodie
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
The Jets aren't going to accept anything less than a first and maybe a second if not two firsts for Revis.

hawks4life
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Sorry i also forgot to mention since they had Thurmond maybe they did try to shop Jennings trust me no one is going to want him watching him play i mean hes got the build but he plays scared did you see the way Peterson muscled himself into the endzone? Atleast Thomas jumped at him Jennings just stood and watched. He also gets burned in coverage all the time also one of our biggest 1st round failures ever. So they got better value with Wilson since he can atleast do some things.

We can't really blame them Wilson size wise doesn't fit Carolls scheme hes getting the players he wants that fits his scheme the best.

As far as not able to get anything for Jenning, I would have rather see them release Jennings than trade Wilson. I really liked Josh. He was one of the most exciting players on the team last year.

But judging someone on their size can prove to be very costly, especially for someone with the skills and talent that Wilson had. Take the Calgary Flames in the NHL for example. For years, Martin St. Louis played in their farm system, and was told by management (despite his great stats and tremendous ability to skate rings around everyone) that he would never play in the NHL because of his size. Craig Button (The Flames GM at the time) then released him and then signed with the Lightning. Do I need to go any further to let you know how this story ends (2004 Stanley Cup Finals)?

But anyways, enough about the life lessons.... What's done is done but if there is another big move to happen, I hope it's for a RB and not for VJ. To me, our receiving corp has been lights out while our running game has been less than stellar, to say the least. It's no secret we have to address the running game before any other issue, IMO.

Chacarron
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
When I saw this on ESPN, I could not believe my eyes. Josh Wilson actually looked awesome in preseason.

Hawksfan2010
09-02-2010, 12:09 AM
The Jets aren't going to accept anything less than a first and maybe a second if not two firsts for Revis.

Lets just state the obvious 1) no way the jets get rid of revis 2) this was on bleacher report so no meit should be given to this. I just thought it was an interesting thought.

Baller1
09-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Let's not even talk about Revis. It's not happening, it's rather pointless to even discuss.

NateyB24
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
No he hasn't. Every offseason Kelly Jennings ends up starting the year as the #2 corner and Josh Wilson is the nickel.

Yea if i remember correctly Mora didn't even have Wilson starting Jennings was. (Last year)

Eicholtz
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Well it doesn't seem to matter whether it's baseball or football but Baltimore and Seattle always makes interesting trades.

Blazerfan88
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
we dont need a RB we need a offensive line, and when they get better then the holes get better and then the RB looks better

Hawksfan2010
09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Heres what I dont get about this trade. The Ravens have 2 players they deem to be expendable at positions of need for us in Gaither and Macgahee. I dont get how we walked away from this trade w/out either of them feeling we did our best. I mean a 5th (possibly to be a 4th) is good enough for our FO. Come on either of those players instanly improve our team. I really hope this isnt all we are doing.

Seattle4Ever
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
^ They probably feel uncomfortable with depth after Ray Rice. Gaither is probably too valuable compared to Wilson.

House
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Heres what I dont get about this trade. The Ravens have 2 players they deem to be expendable at positions of need for us in Gaither and Macgahee. I dont get how we walked away from this trade w/out either of them feeling we did our best. I mean a 5th (possibly to be a 4th) is good enough for our FO. Come on either of those players instanly improve our team. I really hope this isnt all we are doing.

Gaither and his backup are both hurt right now. You can't trade a guy that is recovering from an injury, knowing the heir apparent (Cousins) is hurt and not knowing when he'll return. They'd be running their 3rd string RT as a starter! Definitely not a smart move in regards to all other things they have done to improve the offense!

^ They probably feel uncomfortable with depth after Ray Rice. Gaither is probably too valuable compared to Wilson.

I personally don't see McGahee in a Ravens jersey the whole season, but I agree with their uncomfortablity behind Rice at this point.

Hawksfan2010
09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Gaither and his backup are both hurt right now. You can't trade a guy that is recovering from an injury, knowing the heir apparent (Cousins) is hurt and not knowing when he'll return. They'd be running their 3rd string RT as a starter! Definitely not a smart move in regards to all other things they have done to improve the offense!

I personally don't see McGahee in a Ravens jersey the whole season, but I agree with their uncomfortablity behind Rice at this point.

Good points I forgot Gaither was injured.

Seattle4Ever
09-02-2010, 02:31 PM
^ I like McGahee, but I can't see him fitting with us at all.