PDA

View Full Version : Accardo looking at the bright side

statquo
08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
"I was lied to a lot last year, where I was told one thing and something else ended up happening," Accardo said. "That didn't sit well with me, but I turned (over) a (new) leaf and we talked and he told me everything's going to change, and really things haven't changed."

Accardo had an unfortunate outing Saturday at Cashman Field, blowing a save and taking the loss in a 12-10 defeat by the Reno Aces. He gave up two runs, one earned, and four hits as the 51s suffered their ninth straight loss, their longest skid of the season, before a crowd of 8,670.

Accardo entered in the eighth inning with two on and one out. He got Brandon Allen to ground out before allowing a tying RBI single to Ed Rogers and a go-ahead RBI single to Yunesky Sanchez.

It was just another episode in a season that hasn't gone according to plan for Accardo. He began the year with Toronto but saw no action for the first two weeks and then struggled in the five appearances he made -- going 0-1 with an 8.10 ERA.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/accardo-looking-at-bright-side-101744888.html

nstojic
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
was the title meant to be sarcastic because he's actually not looking at the bright side.. he's pretty much indirectly calling AA a liar...

i heard this on the radio the other day...

Jays Claw
08-31-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd rather have Accardo up here than Tallet, Carlson or Janssen. Jesus, when is Purcey coming back?

nstojic
08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Jesus, when is Purcey coming back?

still in AA, gave up runs his first two outings... had an outing the other day where he didn't give up a run... soon?

Dol-Fan
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Lol, sounds like he's being a whiner, not so much looking on the bright side...I never had a problem with Accardo though, why is he not up here?

Kelly Gruber
08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
This guy has done little else besides whining and sucking for the Jays the last couple years.

Manatoo
08-31-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd be pissed to if i was stuck in AAA with Purcey ahead of me on the depth chart.

BlueJayFanDan
08-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd rather have Accardo up here than Tallet, Carlson or Janssen. Jesus, when is Purcey coming back?

He is much better than Tallet or Carlson. I actually really like Janssen though.

Manatoo
08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
He is much better than Tallet or Carlson. I actually really like Janssen though.

I would hope so, Janssen has been the best Jays reliever this year.

Halladay
08-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Poor Accrapo can't catch a break.

nstojic
08-31-2010, 06:40 PM
at least we got rid of hillenbrand at the time :shrug:

FlakeyFool
08-31-2010, 10:28 PM
The ship is sinking

Big Hurt
08-31-2010, 10:28 PM
at least we got rid of hillenbrand at the time :shrug:
don't forget we also threw in Vinnie Chulk a servicable RP.

nstojic
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
ah yes...the incredible chulk... forgot about him..

2009mvp
08-31-2010, 11:16 PM
This guy has done little else besides whining and sucking for the Jays the last couple years.

This is true. Perhaps we'd all be more interested in what he had to say if he didn't walk everything in sight at the big league level.

adid727
09-01-2010, 12:35 AM
His numbers are better than Carlson's numbers at AAA this season. Carlson had that fight with Posada last year. The only thing worse that Accardo must have done was be a major part of the whole "cito is a bad manager" incident last year. That makes perfect sense to me. Anyone else here thinks this is the reason for accardo's long stay in AAA?

JimBob
09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I am just throwing this out there, but here is another possible reason why he isn't with the big club.

Accardo, Rios, and Towers (yes Josh Towers) were always out clubbing together. To the point where it may have been a distraction to the team. You could count on seeing these three every Thurs, Fri, and Sat night downtown TO living it up.

Perhaps, management decided it wasn't worth the overall distraction.

2009mvp
09-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Or, perhaps he's just not very good. I don't think it was ever a battle for a job between Carleson and Accardo. Carleson was called up to replace another lefty, and he's really been used as a loogy. Tallet's the longman, regardless of the matchup, Downs is the 7th/8th inning guy depending on the matchups and Carleson fills in to take care of any lefties in between. Maybe not the best way to do things, but that's how Cito does them so the roster he's been given makes sense.

Bob_at_york
09-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I was an Accardo fan. I still believe he can come back and be a part of our pen. I am not sure why he feels lied to but he shouldn't be whining like this. This outburst will not help his chances of being brought up to the majors.

wamco
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
the reason he has been held down is OBVIOUSLY personal.

miller74
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
This guy got shafted 30+ saves and a era in the low 2's as a closer, some injury trouble and never given a fair chance since, I can't believe they didn't trade him as opposed to letting him rot in AAA. Cito has it in for this guy, dirk heyhurst? Seriously? And 8 appearances in a month or so in mop up duty is hardly a chance

Asham
09-01-2010, 10:37 PM
No reason to bring him up now, he aint coming back to this organization so why bother wasting a spot on him

Jays Claw
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm still wondering as to how Anthopoulos persuaded Accardo to stay with us.

wamco
09-02-2010, 08:03 AM
where was he gonna go?