PDA

View Full Version : 08/31/10 Turkey (2-0) vs. Greece (2-0) [ Group B ] GT

lakers4sho
08-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Turkey vs. Greece
08/31/10 21h00 [ +3 GMT ]
Group C

Turkey

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/images/web/Events/10/FWCM/photos/teams-photos/_original/Small_28-alex-civ-tur-11.jpg

F - Ersan Ilyasova / Kerem Gonlum
F - Hedo Turkoglu
C - Omer Asik / Semih Erden / Oguz Savas
G - Omer Onan / Sinan Guler
G - Kerem Turceni / Ender Arslan

Notable Missing: n/a

Greece

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/images/web/Events/10/FWCM/photos/teams-photos/_original/GRE.jpg

F - Dimitris Diamantidis / Efstratios Perperoglou
F - Kostas Tsartsaris / Giorgos Printezis / Kostas Kaimakoglou
C - Ioannis Borousis / Ian Vougioukas
G - Nikos Zisis / Kostas Vasiliadis
G - Vassilis Spanoulis / Nick Calathes

Notable Missing: Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Antonis Fotsis

lakers4sho
08-31-2010, 12:01 AM
another good game!!!

can a mod [ Kakaroach? ] add a poll please :)

NYKalltheway
08-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Make or break for both teams.

Greece needs the win in order to avoid Spain or USA until the final.
Turkey needs the win for the same reason, PLUS, it's probably the ultimate chance they have to finally beat Greece :D

I'd say Turkey is the favorite since Kazlauskas coaching is attrocious and Turkey has the home ground (plus potential ref push)

Turkey and USA are the only teams selling tickets so far(I mean actual attendance, since tickets are daily) so they'd want them to go as far as possible

Fotsis & Schortsianitis back with the team
Bourousis apparently wasn't supposed to touch a basketball for the next 3 weeks but he wants to play, his team is furious :D

setter
08-31-2010, 10:28 AM
really psyched to see how asik plays against sofo!

NYKalltheway
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Really pathetic push from the refs for Turkey!!!

Besides minor incidents, there's a buzzzer beater 3 pointer by Diamantidis that was overruled (should have counted) and just now foul on Schortsianitis, nothing given, ball hits the line which would be an offensive attempt for Greece, play on they say, and now they give them 2 ft

MRF420
08-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Ersan Ilyasova is a beast today.

edit: Asik with a nice slam.

NYKalltheway
08-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Our coach is sleeping, Spanoulis sucks at passing and playmaking and he keeps using him as the orchestrator while Diamantidis who it's his best offensive trait is used just as a shooter!!!

And also Diamantidis, the best defender in Europe, is not on Turkey's playmaker but Spanoulis is (average defending skills) and Turkey just screws us on the pick & roll.
We should hire a new coach for the knockout stage!!! Seriously!!

NYKalltheway
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
game almost over. we are coachless :(

greek miami hea
08-31-2010, 07:23 PM
our coach is sleeping, spanoulis sucks at passing and playmaking and he keeps using him as the orchestrator while diamantidis who it's his best offensive trait is used just as a shooter!!!

And also diamantidis, the best defender in europe, is not on turkey's playmaker but spanoulis is (average defending skills) and turkey just screws us on the pick & roll.
We should hire a new coach for the knockout stage!!! Seriously!!
nope he doesnt cusk at passing and he is very good at playmaking...and he doesnt have average defensive skills...but hey,what could possible a panathinaikos fan say about a player who was with panathinaikos and joined olympiakos....

greek miami hea
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
really pathetic push from the refs for turkey!!!

Besides minor incidents, there's a buzzzer beater 3 pointer by diamantidis that was overruled (should have counted) and just now foul on schortsianitis, nothing given, ball hits the line which would be an offensive attempt for greece, play on they say, and now they give them 2 ft

this

greek miami hea
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
game almost over. We are coachless :(

actually kazlauskas is a great coach...

NYKalltheway
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Kazlauskas was sleeping

You can't have Diamantidis who is the best defensive player on Europe NOT defending the opponent's playmaker. Spanoulis was schooled with the pick & roll and that's how they made a +19 difference.

Spanoulis is great at drive scoring, but his playmaking skill is limited. He can't create for his teammates, he will go very deep in the paint before he will consider passing so it's usually a turnover. I've seen a lot of Spanoulis and I know that. On his day, he can be an offensive beast, but when he's off, he's a liability. A ball hog as they say here.

Diamantidis was playing by himself, and I can't understand why Bourousis was the usual suspect, free at the 3point line. It wasn't his day either. We know he can score it, but that's not a strategy. Passing the ball to your center to shoot threes is the least logical strategy ever...

2nd half refereeing wasn't so bad. Just some normal pushes. But seems like they kept them alive in the first half.

Kazlauskas needs to improve this team. This is not the Greek team we all loved in the last decade

Kakaroach
08-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Asik, I wonder if he can make it to the NBA, he is playing well so far.

setter
08-31-2010, 10:37 PM
i really want to see a turkey brazil match up in these next rounds. splitter would be a great challenge for asik, id like to see him go up against perhaps the best big playing in this tourny...

abe_froman
09-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Asik, I wonder if he can make it to the NBA, he is playing well so far.

yeah,he'll be on the bulls bench this upcoming season

bigsams50
09-01-2010, 04:18 AM
:(