PDA

View Full Version : What Should the Hawks Do With Jamal Crawford

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 03:08 PM
He has recently been asking for an extension before the season starts or if not be traded. What do you guys think they should do with him?

I personally feel that they aren't going anywhere (legit title contenders) with him and it may be in there best interest to trade him.

Whats your guys opinion?

thescore53
08-30-2010, 03:15 PM
he should stfu

jensbalboy
08-30-2010, 03:17 PM
This guy is a still a good player but not for long anymore.I will not give him a extension just trade him

llemon
08-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Don't give into threats

Klivlend
08-30-2010, 03:26 PM
He is obviously not the guy who is going to turn them into contenders. They should trade him. For a young player to develop?

eugene
08-30-2010, 03:31 PM
to Denver for JRSmith :)

BOSTON617
08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
to boston for a pick <3

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-30-2010, 03:35 PM
to Denver for JRSmith :)

SyKE!:eyebrow:

nycericanguy
08-30-2010, 03:36 PM
trade him or let him expire. No way can you give JC $50m deal after giving JJ $130 and with Hortford due for a new deal next season. That's too much money and no flexibility for a #4 or 5 seed with no legitimate chance at a title.

As a knick fan I wanted JJ, but after seeing ATL give out that 6/130 contract, I'm glad we didnt get him. ATL really made a panic move there, and its going to cost them, it already is starting to.

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
trade him or let him expire. No way can you give JC $50m deal after giving JJ $130 and with Hortford due for a new deal next season. That's too much money and no flexibility for a #4 or 5 seed with no legitimate chance at a title.

As a knick fan I wanted JJ, but after seeing ATL give out that 6/130 contract, I'm glad we didnt get him. ATL really made a panic move there, and its going to cost them, it already is starting to.

This! Though Crawford is being a total and complete douche, they sort of brought this on themselves. The overpaid by about 40-50 mil for JJ. But hey I guess thats what is in style now in the league (overpaying).

nycericanguy
08-30-2010, 03:43 PM
This! Though Crawford is being a total and complete douche, they sort of brought this on themselves. The overpaid by about 40-50 mil for JJ. But hey I guess thats what is in style now in the league (overpaying).

JC had a career year with ATL, he played really well. But he's always been one of those guys that just thinks hes better than he really is. I'm glad he's not in NY, he's not really a core player on a contending team. I can understand him seeing JJ get $130 and getting jealous, afterall JC was a much better player in the playoffs. But at the end of the day what he's doing is not right, he's just trying to blackmail ATL into handing out another $50m contract before the new CBA kicks in.

sep11ie
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Jamal Crawford is a terrorist and we will not give in to terrorists!

xILLN355
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
trade the *****

Antipod
08-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Hard to say, but he finally is on a winning team and after a good season he stars doing noise. He`s surely is after more $...in that case, if a deal can`t be reached, trade him/.

Ragun
08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
he is an excellent bench player. they needa lock him up for at least another few years for the same price cause i think he can be very effective off the bench for the next few years.

black1605
08-30-2010, 04:16 PM
He said he wants a deal like Manu, which is roughly 39 million over the next three years. Good luck with that.

macc
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
He wants to get a contract before any type of hard cap goes into affect. I don't blame him for wanting an extension but sometimes you just have to suck it up and play without complaining about the contract you have. I think he's getting wasted as a bench player in Atlanta, I would like to see him start elsewhere.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
trade him while his value is high. They just gave JJ a billion dollars. If they plan to hold onto Horford, and the rest of their young crew coming up for deals, Crawford needs to go. And its Atlanta's own fault.

Sportsisoxygen
08-30-2010, 04:18 PM
He is a career sixth man slash spot starter. He needs respect though cause he has thrown 50 point games on the board.

llemon
08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
He is a career sixth man slash spot starter. He needs respect though cause he has thrown 50 point games on the board.

One good season with a good team that really fit well with, then crying about his 'future' contract is not a player that has earned my respect.

Hawkeye15
08-30-2010, 04:26 PM
One good season with a good team that really fit well with, then crying about his 'future' contract is not a player that has earned my respect.

exactly. Look at his history. Not only has he always been an average scorer efficiency wise, but he has mostly played on losers. He finally has a spike in efficiency, who just blew his highest PER and win share total away out of nowhere at age 30, should not be given a long term deal for earning crap. Shut up Crawford, and take the contract you have earned with your play over time.
Like I said, Atlanta should use his inflated value to move him now, for a center if possible

Rivera
08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
trade crawford

they cant resign him they just gave JJ a boat load of cash....and horford is more of a concern than crawford

trade crawford to a team not contending in the playoffs and tell him........do u remember how it feels to be a bottom feeder bitsch

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
he is an excellent bench player. they needa lock him up for at least another few years for the same price cause i think he can be very effective off the bench for the next few years.

and then what?

Do you? Do you retain Horford? Yes and then what? Giving Crawford a long term deal at 10+ Mil is going to cripple them just as bad as JJ contract.

LA_Raiders
08-30-2010, 05:38 PM
He is a great 6th man, they need to extend him, benches are very important specially when they have a good team like Atl...

LA_Raiders
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
and then what?

Do you? Do you retain Horford? Yes and then what? Giving Crawford a long term deal at 10+ Mil is going to cripple them just as bad as JJ contract.

Keep him but no way at $10mil $5-$7Max

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 05:44 PM
He is a great 6th man, they need to extend him, benches are very important specially when they have a good team like Atl...

after they extend him (he's looking at 10 mil per) what's the next move? Thats 28 mil plus per at one position.

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Ok I hear you. Its unlikely though. He's looking to get paid.

BkOriginalOne
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Trade him for Zaza Pachulia and Rudy Fernandez

BkOriginalOne
08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
His Value is also never going to be as high as it is right now.

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Trade him for Zaza Pachulia and Rudy Fernandez

:confused:

xILLN355
08-30-2010, 06:34 PM
:confused:

i think he meant prysbilla haha

blastmasta26
08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Definitely trade him, he's not gonna be worth the contract he's gonna get, and they should focus on Horford right now. Crawford can ball, but he's not putting Atlanta over the top, they need to move him for a PG or C.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
if they get rid of him they might not make the playoffs.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Definitely trade him, he's not gonna be worth the contract he's gonna get, and they should focus on Horford right now. Crawford can ball, but he's not putting Atlanta over the top, they need to move him for a PG or C.

he's what made them a 50+ win team.

abe_froman
08-30-2010, 07:53 PM

:laugh: ...oh wait,your not joking are you? :facepalm:

Gators123
08-30-2010, 07:54 PM

So your saying Crawford is worth at least 10-15 wins?

Swashcuff
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
he's what made them a 50+ win team.

in case you dont understand basketball terms 50+ wins is not over the top. The Mavericks have been getting that for years and no one would say they are over the top.

elizur
08-30-2010, 08:15 PM
He wants to get a contract before any type of hard cap goes into affect. I don't blame him for wanting an extension but sometimes you just have to suck it up and play without complaining about the contract you have. I think he's getting wasted as a bench player in Atlanta, I would like to see him start elsewhere.

IMO, That would be horrible. He has started his entire career and didnt take a team anywhere, then he is a bench player and finally helps a team. He clearly, should be the 6th man on a team.

elizur
08-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Why would he want less money then he has now, if he wants a new contract.

alencp3
08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Gibson(Chi) and 1st rounder for Crawford
Hawsk gets big man
Bulls SG and 6th man

Swashcuff
08-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Hawsk gets big man
Bulls SG and 6th man

not the big man the Hawks would be looking for but not a bad trade for them IMO but I don't think the Bulls would make that trade.

Tony_Starks
08-31-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd let him play out this season and see what happens. Im not really with that demanding an extension "or else" malarchy. I'd tell him straight up that his future is in his own hands if he wants to wine and sulk all year then thats not the kinda player I want anyway he can bounce when the seasons over, but if he keeps putting in work and helping the team then he's basically signing his own extension right there!

bmac_121
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Hawsk gets big man
Bulls SG and 6th man

As a Hawks fan, I would hate this, no need for another duplication of what we have.

If the rumors are true(Crawford has not been quoted himself saying anything about this nor the Hawks) I would trade him. He's not worth retaining unless he takes the MLE next season. All focus needs to be put on keeping Al, who's up for a big contract next season. The Hawks should be looking to deal Jamal for a true center or an upgrade at point.

SteveNash
08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
6 years 120 million

Chi-Town Sports
08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
You have to trade him, he doesnt have a really important role that can not be replaced. There are cheap options out there that are not as good but may develop. You can also get a pick for him and pick the guy you want.

kingkenny01
08-31-2010, 06:55 PM
the hawks are in a really bad situtation because if you get rid of him use losing a sixth man of the year which is really hard to get but if you keep him ur losing cap money that the hawks need after that terrible deal for joe johnson
it hard to fair trade value for also
i think he gets traded though possible location maybe chicago, denver

CityofChaos
08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Trade them while his stock is still high. Jamal is getting older, not better. There is a reason why he is a bench player and not a starter anymore in this league--his defense is bad and he can be very inconsistent...just ask the Knicks and the Warriors.

If Jamal wants to be traded then the Hawks should make it happen.

Tony_Starks
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
You have to trade him, he doesnt have a really important role that can not be replaced. There are cheap options out there that are not as good but may develop. You can also get a pick for him and pick the guy you want.

Im not so sure that he can really be easily replaced. I mean there are guys that can come off the bench and score but not really as easily or as consistently as he does. The next best person I can think of would be Salmons or JR Smith but they are streaky.

He does his thing night in, night out.

elizur
08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Im not so sure that he can really be easily replaced. I mean there are guys that can come off the bench and score but not really as easily or as consistently as he does. The next best person I can think of would be Salmons or JR Smith but they are streaky.

He does his thing night in, night out.

No, he did his thing last season. Jamal is extremely streaky.

MiamiWadeCounty
08-31-2010, 08:19 PM
id say trade him while his stock is high. he is coming off a great season and the hawks are still a 4th or 5th seed with or without him.

blacknell
08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
trade him to dallas and take back jason terry

THE MTL
09-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Recent 6th man of the year. ATL took 3rd in the East as well as tied for 6th best record in the whole NBA. ALOT of that was Crawford's doing. They should resign him. However, I do know they are cashed strapped after shelling out so much for Joe Johnson.

JJ is so GREEDY he honestly didnt have to take a max deal like that...now ATL is limited on who they can pick up or resign and then next year he will be complaining about how the team sucks

k24springs
09-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Crawford is good and I thought he was better then Joe Johnson in the playoffs, but with that being said I dont think the Hawks are going to extend him. With that being said they need to move him for a serviceable big man(after seeing what D12 did to them in the playoffs) so they can move Al Horford to his natural position because his value is still very high. Maybe they can get some more young talent on that bench because right now Crawford is the BENCH for that team he impacted that team more then people think last season.